[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mad Max

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

Are the Mad Max comics any good? Would you whatch a expanded universe on Adult Swimm?
>>
>>81190375
Yes and hell yes.
>>
Would you pay actual currency from your wallet for a One hour long Mad Max animated special Flamethrower guitar guy would also makes an appearance
>>
>>81191265
>Would you pay actual currency from your wallet for a One hour long Mad Max animated special

Yes.
>>
>>81190375
The comics are good and a nice addition to the whole universe. There's no more than a trade, unfortunately.

>>81191265
Jesus christ yes.
>>
>>81191265
Why the fuck would I not
>>
>>81191265
>Flamethrower guitar guy would also makes an appearance
I'll pay money for a full hour of only that
>>
>>81191265

Saw it yesterday.
Man, I wanted the Doof Warrior Guitarrist to live. You really get atached to the guy.
>>
>>81190375
First one's good and the last two are great. Second one's OK, but there's some controversy over how it portrays Furiosa and the Wives.

>>81191265
YES.
>>
>>81193126
what kind of controversy?
>>
>>81190375
Was this movie too much of feminist wish fulfilment at the end?

They could at least have a female villain.
>>
>>81194159
/tv/ go back to your home
>>
>>81194488
Hey dude the movie literally said that only a matriarchal society can save the post-Apocalipse.

I just asked for one token female villain.
>>
>>81194159
>>81194555
It was one movie that was already rushed with characters and little development of them. If you want a female Mad Max villain then go watch Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome for Aunty Entity.
>>
>>81194750
Man, it could be one nameless character for one scene that I would be fine frankly.

Anyway, anyone here heard the rumor of they making a trillogy out of Fury Road?
>>
>>81194555
Hey dude you're literally a /tv/ shitposter and you need to leave.
>>
>>81190375

On the one hand I loved Fury Road but on the other hand it doesn't NEED any kind of mini expanded universe around it.

I like the idea they're all wasteland fairy-tales; Max arrives and loses the interceptor, Max helps good guy solve problem, Max leaves. Repeat.
>>
>>81195348
>I like the idea they're all wasteland fairy-tales; Max arrives and loses the interceptor, Max helps good guy solve problem, Max leaves. Repeat.
I think you just described Samurai Jack.
>>
>>81190375
It really confuses me max's backstory

In the movie it's some girl but in the comic it's another girl

And their deaths seem to be completely different
>>
>>81195424
>In the movie it's some girl but in the comic it's another girl

It's the same girl.
>>
>>81195296
But I loved the movie.

Stop being a faggot there is nuance on the world.
>>
>>81195483
>>81195483
Their deaths are completely different

Movie: she gets run over by war boys
Comic: gets crashed with her mother on a motorcyle by some buzzard

So i imagined that they are different.
>>
>>81195560
Are you telling George Miller he's wrong about the comics and movies that he writes?
>>
>>81194555
>Hey dude the movie literally said that only a matriarchal society can save the post-Apocalipse.

It did not.
>>
>>81195560
In the game it's a mother and daughter who are murdered.

Honestly it's just retellings of the same event. Like how legends are retold and change over generations. I think Miller used that reasoning which honestly I can let pass because it does work in context within the world of Mad Max.

We've seen quite a few different narrators like the old man at the beginning of the comic, and the girl at the end of Thunderdome.
>>
File: 1388897848469.png (7KB, 124x149px) Image search: [Google]
1388897848469.png
7KB, 124x149px
>>81190375
>>
File: qEOQHPY.gif (2MB, 352x200px) Image search: [Google]
qEOQHPY.gif
2MB, 352x200px
>>81195648
This. Furiosa's clan couldn't salvage the green place and were reduced to a few grannies on bikes baiting travelers with a naked girl in a tower to kill them.

Joe's empire was crumbling with genetic defaults, sickness and tyranny. His image to have a ruling family consisting of only his kin went to shit because his own line was defective. He was so obsessed with it that he was stupid enough to chase after the wives when they escaped, instead of holding down the only strength he had which was control over the citadel. Lose the citadel, lose alliance with bullet farm and gas town. Prolly lose the boys soon after too.
>>
>>81196384
Really?
>>
>>81194098
Sex slavery, to be short.
>>
>>81195424
First: Max is crazy.
Second: It's not a cohesive narrative, it's legends.
>>
>>81197643
We've seen exactly one functional society, not completely evil in MM, and that was Bartertown.
>>
>>81198520
I don't see why there's controversy over it. It's something that is happening in real life. Human trafficking is a huge black market business. Shit, we even have popular slang for purchased wives. If simply creating characters in real situations is controversial, than society is doomed beyond repair.
>>
>>81198520
>Sex slavery, to be short.
That was already in the movie. How can you watch Fury Road and not think that the wives are sex slaves?
>>
>>81200870
SJW's probably hoped they were being trained for gladiator fights or some shit because even pregnant women can fight you misogynist pig or whatever they say
>>
>>81190375
uhm...yeah.
>>
>>81200732
>>81200870

The controversy is more that the comic explicitly depicts the wives being used as sex slaves, where in the film it was just implied. Also it reveals that Furiosa used to be one of Joe's wives and her characterization in the comic is as a huge bitch who thinks the wives are spoiled brats.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.