[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settles, was he a good Bane?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 15

File: 2132844-darkknightrises20111201.jpg (29KB, 425x640px) Image search: [Google]
2132844-darkknightrises20111201.jpg
29KB, 425x640px
I know, I know, memes. But I would appreciate they not be used here...I think it's important to try to discern if he actually did a good job or not.

I personally thought he was OK, but ultimately his performance was not all that memorable, besides the Darth Connery voice(which wasn't Hardy, exactly)
>>
>was he a good Bane?
4u
>>
I remember liking him quite a bit when I first saw the movie. The voice was a bit silly, but I think that made it sort of intimidating in a way. I liked the design as well.
>>
DRRRRRRRR
>>
File: some small guy.png (28KB, 752x941px) Image search: [Google]
some small guy.png
28KB, 752x941px
>>81178765
He was okay. I'm personally partial to the previous movie bane, myself.
>>
>>81178886
the green plant man?
>>
File: Bane B&R.jpg (29KB, 612x564px) Image search: [Google]
Bane B&R.jpg
29KB, 612x564px
>>81178929
RRGGHH
>>
File: 1458794870445.png (9KB, 221x276px) Image search: [Google]
1458794870445.png
9KB, 221x276px
I liked him...I thought he had a lot of potential.

He had the most devastating yet realistic scheme in a cape film to date. Its just too bad nolan and the franchise had run out of steam by then.

Imagine a world where nolan stayed on to contribute to mos and anyone but snyder directed.
>>
>>81179216
how was his scheme realistic?
>>
>>81178765
Besides the memes he was very good
I know people might not like his performance but me?
God I loved it though
Good doesnt even begin to describe how great he was as bane
Unfortunately all anyone really remembers is the memes
You love him though don't you /co/?
>>
>>81179216
>driving into the stock market on a motorcycle and jamming a usb into a random terminal to 'hack' it is realistic
Holy shit we live in a crazy world
>>
File: 1458501354535.png (570KB, 1300x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1458501354535.png
570KB, 1300x1200px
>>81179775
>B
>I
>G
>G
>U
>Y
>>
Tom Hardy did the best he could with what he was given.

Unfortunately what he was given was the role of an affable midboss to a shitty character that had questionable plans at best and was absolutely devoted to despite the fact that this chick had done nothing for him while he gave her everything dubbed through a shitty rebreather
>>
Only thing memorable about him other than the memes was how badly he was thrown out of the plot at the end.
>>
File: smug intensifies.png (231KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
smug intensifies.png
231KB, 500x500px
>>81179775
>>
>>81178765
no
now i'm not going to say he's a bad.... whoever he was. i mean shit i didnt see the movie. but he's not a good bane. bane is a 7-foot-plus guy in a luchador mask with an accent.
>>
I'm never ever going to get tired of Baneposting. Four yeas later it still makes me laugh. This probably makes me a simpleton. I don't care.
>>
>>81180907
No anon. It makes you human. There is just something about baneposting that clicks. It just fucking works.
>>
>>81180907
You're what's called a patrician
>>
File: 1455682323054.jpg (73KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
1455682323054.jpg
73KB, 600x750px
>>
File: 1455682473482.jpg (73KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
1455682473482.jpg
73KB, 600x750px
>>81181239
>>
File: 1455689739918.jpg (59KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1455689739918.jpg
59KB, 600x600px
>>81181239
>>81181259
>>
I thought he worked great in the scene where he breaks Batman's back. Good actor fucked over by a shitty script. The character never became what it was supposed to be.
>>
>>81181282
Barry will job to just about anybody these days.
>>
>>81178765
>Mask has pretty much zero in common
>Different ethnicity/nationality
>Different backstory
>Different motives
>Different personality
>No Venom
How was he Bane at all?
>>
>>81178765
He was a great character. Thoroughly intimidating, and the funny voice actually added to it. It made him sound like a fucking psycho without even trying, like he was having fun just wrecking everything and everyone.
>>
>>81181282
Can anybody defeat bane? I mean he's just a big fat meanie. With no personality other than I want to destroy the infrastructure of Gotham. Because hes a strong guy that can punch hard. Surely he must have motivations!
>>
File: 1125104141111.jpg (569KB, 944x2360px) Image search: [Google]
1125104141111.jpg
569KB, 944x2360px
The look of the character bears more of a resemblance to Ubu, Ra's al Ghul's loyal henchman from the comics. Ubu first appeared in Dennis O'Neil's 'Daughter of the Demon' Batman #232, but in later stories, he was depicted wearing a mask to cover his facial disfigurements. In Chuck Dixon's Bane of Demon, Bane fights and defeats this masked version of Ubu and takes his place at Ra's' side.

In the comics, Catwoman and Bane formed a brief alliance, as first seen in Knightfall's 'Knights in Darkness' by Doug Moench Batman #498

Bane joined Ra's Al Ghul and then was casted out, and also had a love affair with Talia. In Birds of Prey #26, Bane continues to express his obsession with Talia.

Bane was responsible for jailbreak during Knightfall Saga. In the comic books, it was Arkham, in the movie it was Blackgate

Bane's objective of completing Ra's al Ghul's campaign against Gotham is similar to the plot of Batman: Bane, a one shot that rounded off the Legacy story arc.
In this story Bane plans to destroy Gotham by overloading the reactor core of a nuclear power plant. Much like the movie, the nuclear core was meant to be an energy source, but Bane repurposes it into a bomb.

In both stories, Bane gives a public ultimatum to the city, threatening doom if they do not comply with his demands.

As in the movie, this is merely a distraction. Bane fully intends to detonate the core anyway once it's ready to blow.
>>
>>81181467
He's showing the world how badass Santa Priscans can be.
>>
>>81181355
This, a billion times this. This was the thing that bugged me so much about DKR that I started noticing all of the plotholes. Then he has superstrength without venom for some reason? The shit was dumb.

But as others have said, he did well with the role as it was written.
>>
I legitimately thought he was excellent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvwTx1UWswQ

Hardy did a great job as a physical presence and from a pure acting standpoint. It's a shame the memes have ruined any real conversations that can be had about TDKR, but I don't give a fuck I still really enjoyed it.
>>
>>81180861
no need to even open your cock-sucker if you didn't see the movie.
>>
>>81178765
>Now that the dust has settles, was he a good Bane?
For you.
>>
>>81179216
>entire plan hinges on trapping the entire police force in the sewers for weeks
>and on the us army not drone striking your ass the second they learn you have a super nuke
>realistic
>>
>>81178765
I liked him as this eloquent, almost dapper hulk of a man. He was a great villain. He would've been an amazing Dr. Strange or something

But he was not a good Bane.
>>
>>81181521
He would've been an amazing ubu too bad they blew their Ras AL Ghul load IN THE FIRST FUCKING.MOVIE
>>
He was a big guy. I can tell you that much. But can anyone tell me why he wore the mask?
>>
>>81179936
When he died I didn't think he was dead. I thought he got blown off of Batman, and then was gonna get up and fight some more, but nope: Catwoman killed Bane with a missile. That's how it ended.
We didn't even see the fucking body!
>>
I liked him a lot as Bane until that last bit when they did the Talia reveal and turned him in a lackey.
>>
>>81179920
sounds like a realistic portrayal of the power of a woman as bangin' as marion cotillard
>>
>>81183340
>and on the us army not drone striking your ass the second they learn you have a super nuke
I think he made it pretty clear that the nuke would go off if anyone tried anything like that. That's part of the reason he said "The identity of the triggerman is a mystery", so if he was killed, the unknown person with the trigger would set off the nuke.
>>
>>81181745
I don't think he really had super strength, he was just really really tough. And practically immune to pain due to the painkillers in his mask.
>>
>>81180907
4 years 4U
>>
>>81183606
There's also a point made that Bane is like Batman in his prime while Batman has been out of the game for a while and is on the wrong side age wise. So basically Bane beats him in their first fight because Batman underestimates him and is poorly prepared to handle him. He's much better prepared by the time he returns and he still has a tough time overcoming him until he busts his mask.
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (208KB, 1900x900px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
208KB, 1900x900px
>>81178765

No. The only thing I liked about the TDKR version was that they kept him as somewhat a tactician instead of a mindless brute like the B&R version.

Other than that, he was too different from the source character:
>no venom
>mask looked stupid
>removing/damaging the mask would be very painful
>disgusting accent
>>
>>81178765
>I don't want memes
>now that the dust has settled
>>
>>81179775
you mother fucking cheeky cunt
>>
>>81179775
How can you say his performance was even decent?
Over the course of the movie I could only make out about a third of what he was saying!
That's just not acceptable. They didn't even have subtitles.
His dialogue was corny and poorly delivered as well.
Ever wonder why the only reason people keep referencing the movie is to mock it?
And here we are years and years later still talking about it.
Don't keep beating a head horse, anon. He sucked.
>>
File: 023[1].png (103KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
023[1].png
103KB, 557x605px
>>81184065
>>81179775
>>
File: 1458948177663.png (717KB, 577x1177px) Image search: [Google]
1458948177663.png
717KB, 577x1177px
>YOU CAN'T STOP IT
>>
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman/tdkr-tom-hardy-reveals-that-banes-accent-is-based-on-the-king-of-the-a64001
>>
>>81183437
UUUU
>>
>>81178765
He wasn't a Bane, first and foremost.

The character he played? He played great. It's just, said character had nothing to do with Bane. And not even in "loose adaptation" sense like Ledger's Joker - it is a completely unrelated character. He's not a Latino assassin raised in Santa Prisca prison with only a teddy bear for companionship, who discovers artificial steroid who gives him superhuman strength to utilize together with his cunning.
He's not even a SINGLE of those things.

He's a white Marxist terrorist with League of Shadows, leading his own fanatical mercenary unit, who was personal bodyguard of Talia and while in prison he has gotten a medical asthma-like condition.

He's closer to Anarky than Bane.

Like, it wouldn't be that hard to make Bane that fits with Nolanverse. Make him a Latino - Brazilian? Colombian? mercenary, with the prison raised backstory, hired by unknown forces to kill Batman, make him use a black and white balaclava instead of a Luchador mask, and instead of Venom make him constantly hopped up on amphetamines and wearing a simple exoskeleton frame.
It's not that hard.

Nolanverse Ra's was Ra's. Scarecrow was Scarecrow. Joker was Joker, and Dent was Dent. Even Talia was more or less Talia. But Bane was nothing like his comic counterpart.
>>
>>81187341
Oh, and hire Danny Trejo to play him. Come on, he'd be perfect.
>>
>>81187378
You seen Trejo lately? Dudes looks like a grandpa; he's fucking 71.
>>
>>81178765
Yeah, he was really good.
>>
>>81187391
So? Being ugly is part of his appeal. He's an ugly, menacing dude. Hell, one could make him look even older with subtle makeup and blame it on the Venom/drugs abuse of Bane.
>>
>>81187408
>menacing dude
He's a short, fat, old and smelly mexican. If you find that menacing then allow me to laugh at you.
>>
>>81187341
>Ra's was Ra's
if you're going to complain about nationalities, at least be consistent about it
Neeson isn't anywhere close to being middle eastern
>>
File: cis.jpg (106KB, 1280x715px) Image search: [Google]
cis.jpg
106KB, 1280x715px
>>
>>81178765
Nolan focused a lot on the "brilliant strategist" portion of Bane's character, which I found refreshing compared to the 20 years of meathead schlock we've been given since Knightfall was run
kinda missed a few points along the way in the origin story, but the effect was similar enough to where the divergence wasn't distracting
plus, Hardy looked the strongest I've ever seen him
yes, even compared to Bronson and Warrior
>>
>the cartoonish and retarded voice made him menacing

I don't understand this idea. Did you people shit your pants when you watched sesame street too? That voice was fucking awful and ruined an otherwise alright villain.
>>
Everyone had such a huge Heath Ledgers Joker boner, praising him as like the one and only Joker and the best actor of all time just because the dumbass accidentally killed himself before the movie was released. To be honest, I thought his, and everyone else in this trilogy was pretty forgettable. The first one was really good, but in terms of actor performance, it was nothing to write home about
>>
>>81187845
>Ruined an otherwise awesome villain

I really thought you were talking about Batman until I got to the end of your sentence
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.