[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's the joker's true identity?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 23

So what's the joker's true identity?
>>
>>81178331
Bruce Wayne
>>
Alberto Barbarossa
>>
>>81178331
There have been multiple Jokers.
>>
Me literally
>>
>>81178371
DAMN SON

DAMN
S
O
N

how you fucking guess that man???

fucking
wow
>>
Gordon
>>
>>81178331
I thought batman already knew who joker was in death of the family
>>
Joe Chill
>>
>>81178455
This isn't the same batman

right? its Jim atm?
>>
>>81178606
no Jim is Batman because Batman is Metron
>>
>>81178455
He was bluffing.
>>
Jack Napier
>>
Wally West
>>
Probably something related to his supervillain persona. Something like Tom Jokeston, or Jadeveon Clowney, or whatever.
>>
>>81178331
Martha Wayne
>>
>>81178331
Joe Kar
>>
>>81178698
No no, Joker's mom's name is Martha.
>>
Joseph Kerr
>>
>>81178729
I thought Superman's mom's name was Martha. The Kansas one.
>>
>>81178331
Thomas Wayne. Dr. Hurt's impersonation angered Joker for a reason.
>>
>>81178678
>Jadeveon Clowney
Good one, anon. Waste of a draft pick ;_:
>>
>>81178376
>There have been multiple Jokers.
I think this is the answer or "he doesn't have one."
>>
>>81178785
That's such a great story
>>
>>81178794
Yea, Martha Wayne and Kent. They are both Martha
>>
>>81178331
Clark Kent.
>>
So did they tell what the Joker's name was to not?
Did he change it to "Butt-what"?
>>
Joe Kerr
>>
>>81179033
Its the only reason Batman didn't shank superman
>>
>>81178331
Bob Kane
>>
File: 1453171739353.gif (2MB, 287x214px) Image search: [Google]
1453171739353.gif
2MB, 287x214px
>>81178331
My guess

He is from Apokolips, and his Motherbox is a Joker Playing Card

Would explain all the times he seems to die and then just comes back, and all his break outs from Arkham...just boom tubes out.
>>
>>81178331
I think it was a pretty cool throw back to Joker being played by Mark Hammil. It's the exact line Luke uses when Vader reveals he is his father. I think it's just a reference to that, and that's all it is.
>>
>>81178678

Matches Malone!
>>
John Doe
>>
>>81179550

>His name is literally Mark Hammil, he never became an actor in this universe, just the Joker.
>>
I wish Joker was never anything other than a dumbass gangster with too much free time.
>>
>>81178331

>Seamore Butts
>>
Who. Cares. But probably Dick Graysons dad
>>
>>81178331

Why can't he be just some random ass gangster who was put into unreasonable circumstances and became what he is today?

Isn't that what the Joker basically is? Showing that anyone has the potential to become a monster if put in the right circumstance? Just like a young boy having his parents killed in front of him.
>>
>>81179865
Because DC needs a gimmick and theyre not too bright
>>
>>81179768
I like this one.
>>
>>81178331
Jason Todd
>>
>>81179865
Maybe he is
>>
He has no real name. Joker is a force of nature incarnate
>>
File: joker.jpg (128KB, 540x871px) Image search: [Google]
joker.jpg
128KB, 540x871px
Alfred
>>
Ted Cruz is the Joker
>>
I hate the whole secret significance to a villian crap, if somebody in your life is such a psycho that they sneak off to become your archnemesis then how exactly didn't you ever notice any clue whatsoever before the big secret reveal?
It's like reverse ClarkKent/Superman logic!
If the Joker's (like in that one elseworlds) the long lost bastard Wayne brother, then why wouldn't Alfred have any clue about that affair having happened, why didn't Daddy Wayne take responsability like the great man all Waynes are, or why is there no family resemblance?
Crap like this always open up all sorts of plotholes.
>>
>Wait, the Joker is...
>*turn page*
>YOU! (Bats is pointing at you)
>>
>>81180034
My God, it all makes sense.
>>
Clone, robot, or long lost twin? Taking all bets!
>>
Joker is a lord of chaos.
>>
He's actually Jonas Venture's illegitimate son who was fathered at a swingers party.
>>
>>81178331
Dragon in the mirror
>>
Dan didlio.
>>
>>81180516
>Morrisonfag spotted
>>
>>81180516
What is this referencing
>>
File: Grant Morrison about his work.jpg (90KB, 452x461px) Image search: [Google]
Grant Morrison about his work.jpg
90KB, 452x461px
>>81180827
Some shitty fan theory where some crackpot Morrison fans decided that all his comics where supposed to add up to some single ultimate villain.
Entire argument was completely batshit insane, based partly on comics Morrison didn't write, and assuming that Arkham Asylum: Serious House On Serious Earth (standalone graphic novel trying to turn Batman into psychological horror with p good results, but obviously not set in any mainstream continuity) was somehow in continuity with other stories... pure bullshit.

Pic related, Grant himself is self-aware enough to realize that he's much better at buildup than payoff - so he makes it seem like everything he does is buildup to make it feel more interesting.
For some reason, some people didn't get the memo.
>>
>>81178331

A trickster spirit that can take possession of humans. Specificly, humans who are having the worst day of their lives. This why Batman never kills the Joker. All that would do is force this spirit into a new host.
>>
it's fucking nobody. Nobody at all. Just some random dude. He wasn't even a criminal. There wasn't even a reason. The backstory in Killing Joke is bullshit. The Joker was a fucking shoes salesman.
>>
>>81181072
>WAAAHHH FUCK YOU FAGGOTS FOR HAVING FUN WITH COMICS
>>
>>81181529
Fun's one thing, but pretending it's "deep" when it isn't is just fucking retarded.
Like, Morrison's work are probably the richest in subtext comics in the industry, and all you do is invent some stupid shit instead of analyzing them - that feels almost disrespectful to the dude. And I don't even like him that much.
>>
>>81179528
A good idea. Have a villain turn out be apokolitan.
Just not for joker.
>>
>>81179865
Maybe he'll be exactly that but with a name?
>>
>>81180103
Got to bed Grant.
>>
>>81178331
Peter Parker
>>
>>81181426
So you're saying Al Bundy finally snapped?
>>
Stan Lee
>>
>>81181749

I would be perfectly fine with this being the truth.
>>
Does anyone here fucking read comics? Wonder Woman basically answered this question here in the Darkseid War.
>>
You don't think they'll say he's The Devil, or some crap like that, do you?
Because Dr. Hurt was supposed to be that guy.
>>
>>81181845

It's been answered 40 fucking times. Almost every time it's some random fuck, who was on hard times, and he somehow wound up in a vat of acid. He lost everything while he was in the hospital.

This is a fine explanation.
>>
He's just some guy. Some guy of literally no significance before becoming the Joker. That's it.
>>
seeing how they teased the reveal as a part of rebirth which is a self admitted return to status quo I'm guessing he'll be some random gangster batman bullied causing him to snap.
>>
>>81181860

Dr. Hurt was a delusional master ruseman. Joker will REALLY be the devil. Maybe
>>
>>81178331
Joker Joker and Luigi Joker
>>
>>81181845
Where in the DWar? Too many singles and the story was spread across too many titles. Plus it's a little confusing, which is good- stretch your mind, but when you've got something like this which matters to the story (rather than superdickery fun) it can get kinda lost.
>>
>>81181845

so who is it
>>
>>81179444
No, it was because Superman's apparent last wish was made on behalf of a single human being, not himself. The specific name only made Batman actually pay attention to it.
>>
>>81178331
Given this framing, wouldn't it make the most sense for The Joker to be Joe Chill?
>>
>>81181845
"Co...mics?" What are those?
>>
File: batman crocxenoo.jpg (112KB, 559x679px) Image search: [Google]
batman crocxenoo.jpg
112KB, 559x679px
>TFW it turns out its a Fight Club style thing where Joker is Bruces split personality, and everyones just been going along with it for years
>>
>>81181845
Wait, did you seriously think anyone here reads comics? The only comics people know is when you spoonfeed them a storytime. Otherwise you just need to sound knowledgable and state a thing like a fact, and bunch of wankers will desperately repeat it to fit in.
>>
>>81182079
>tfw you beat your own sidekick to death with a crow bar
>>
>>81181845
I remember anon, she implied he was some kind of mad Greek god of laughter
>>
The joker is

... Thomas Wayne Jr. Young Bruce was a shut-in mess after the death of their parents. To help him cope, Thomas invented this persona that would eventually develop into the Joker so Bruce could pour his focus into and move forward with his life. Bruce bought into the dillusion so fully that he blocked Thomas out of his childhood. Alfred bears the terrible family secret.
>>
>>81179865
Because then why not just say he was Jack Napier or one of the other back stories with him being a gangster?

I thought Batman already assumed that Joker was the read hood. Joker being another gangster wouldn't be that shocking or noteworthy.

I think that Joker was an actor from The Mask of Zorro or The Grey Ghost. Someone who is indirectly tied to the Batman mythology.
>>
>>81178331
If Johns goes full Morrison he can say the Joker exists just an enemy for Batman and has no origin .
>>
>>81182253
I'm fairly convinced this is actually what will happen.
>>
>>81179550
I wish it was just a reference, but DC recently confirmed that the Joker's identity will be revealed in Justice League issue #50
>>
>>81182069

You know know, sillies. Funny books.
>>
>>81178331
Gotham
>>
File: 1457575587131.png (156KB, 318x231px) Image search: [Google]
1457575587131.png
156KB, 318x231px
>>81178698
>Martha Wayne
>Martha
How do you know that name?
>>
It doesn't matter, because he was no one important and he's not that guy anymore.
>>
Joe Curr
>>
The Joker is "Anybody". He literally has no identity, he is just the incarnation of Gothams madness and the ability for anybody to go mad from one bad day. Basically the reason why Gotham has so many mentally ill supervillans
>>
Frank Castle.
>>
>>81182376
Elseworlds where Batman's mom was named Janet and earth gets destroyed because Bats and Supes kill each other when? Come on DC, beat the rod when it's hot!
>>
>>81182246
Thomas Jr. is a zombie talon in court of owls.
>>
File: what the fuck dini.jpg (2MB, 930x2276px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck dini.jpg
2MB, 930x2276px
>>81178331
So long as they don't give him the "sexually abused as a kid" origin Dini alluded to in Streets of Gotham.
>>
>>81182446
I thought the reason for that was all the industrial waste and toxic chemicals created by Wayne industries and dumped into the Gotham water supply?
>>
>>81182611
Nah, the real reason is that Joker is pissing in the water supply every day.
>>
>>81178352
Who the hell is Bruce Wayne?
>>
Joker is

YOU!

THE READER!
>>
>>81182692
It's past your bedtime Morrison
>>
>>81182446

Of course. The Joker just can't be some dude who had something fucked up happen and chose to be a villain rather than a hero. He can't just be some guy, BATMAN is to POWERFUL and GREAT for that to be the case.

He needs to be a literal incarnation of evil. Soon we will find out that the Joker is not just an avatar of Gotham's corruption, but actually the entire world. Then Universe.

Because we can't have our one true god BATMAN's arch nemesis be some guy who went through basically the same metamorphosis as him. The Joker must be a cosmic level threat to be even remotely worthy.
>>
File: 1341905061716.jpg (102KB, 450x361px) Image search: [Google]
1341905061716.jpg
102KB, 450x361px
>>81179768
>>
>>81182759
He could be, but that's not nearly as surprising and it would require a really great suspension of disbelief considering all the incarnations of the Joker and his apparent immortality and immunity to death or consequences.

Of all Batmans villains, the Joker is by far the least realistic. I think that should be explained.
>>
>>81178331
Golly gee who could it be? To find out tune in next time to "Questions That Dont Need To Be, and Probably Shouldn't Be, Answered"!
>>
Oooh, what if the Joker's true identity is that of the first civilian who's life was saved by the Batman?
That way he can still be a nobody and yet still be meaningful to Bruce.
>>
>>81181072
I get that you don't like it, and that's fine, but it really only comes down to if Serious House/Earth is accepted as valid or not. The theory doesn't rely on any hyper-crisis stuff
>>
>>81181635
>all you do is invent some stupid shit instead of analyzing them
I don't follow.
Fans analysed his stuff and drew conclusions. Are you saying they shouldn't draw conclusion, just rattle off all the subtext then refuse to come up with an answer for what it could mean?
>>
>>81182134
>and he still played along with the delusion after coming back to life
Thats serious fucking dedication right there.
>>
>>81182446
Actually, they did have a whole "Gotham is Alive" bit going in the comics before... what if the answer was "The joker has been multiple people, please specify" or something, because every time the joker dies (which has happened a few times) the city simply selects another native of gotham to be the avatar of it's insanity? Joker remembers his past as multiple choice because it is.
>>
>>81182845
It really would have been better if Bats didn't recognize the name at all, that way the Joker's still a complete mystery even when he's a known commodity.
That'd be way better than Mr. J. being parallel reality Bruce Wayne.
>>
>>81182921
I like this a lot, it would explain so much about why the Joker has gone from funny to edge lord to quickly.

The "sane joker" we saw recently wasn't actually an amnesiac Joker, he was an ordinary person in the process of becoming the Joker.
>>
>>81182247
The actor that played Zorro would be neat, but makes him too old. Bruce could be conflicted by idolizing Zorroker growing up
>>
>>81178376
>there have been multiple Jokers
>Batman's been killing Jokers left and right
>once he learns this he doesn't go crazy and continues to be Batman

a man can dream
>>
>>81182759
>Because we can't have our one true god BATMAN's arch nemesis be some guy who went through basically the same metamorphosis as him. The Joker must be a cosmic level threat to be even remotely worthy.
You yourself said it. the bigger a deal batman is the bigger a deal his nemesis must be to be worthy of the title
>>
>>81182059
I'd bet money this will be it.
Also:
Jo ker
Joe Chill
Joe C is almost "Joke"
>>
>>81178331
...and his name was JJJOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHNNNNNNNN CCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
>>
File: bat laugh.jpg (82KB, 486x409px) Image search: [Google]
bat laugh.jpg
82KB, 486x409px
>>81182921
the thing that would make this so perfect is it would forever shut up every person who says Batman should kill the Joker, because killing the Joker is just letting a new, potentially worse Joker loose.

literally the best case scenario is to put Joker in a cage
>>
>>81183001
I'd like that. It would put a neat spin on Snyder's run. Bruce becoming Batman didn't drag Joker down with him, it dragged an innocent man down to fill the hole left by the old Joker
>>
>>81183081
Joe C is Josie and the Pussy Cats

MY GOD MAN!

JOSIE AND THE PUSSY CATS ARE JOKER! SOMETHING SO SINISTER NOT EVEN THE BATCOMPUTER COULD FIGURE IT OUT!
>>
>>81183063
And whenever a Joker shows up Batman just shoots him dead with a gun. Maybe then we can finally get over the obsession with the Joker and get back to stories about other villains like Clock King or Crazy Quilt.
>>
>>81178331
Chuckles P. Laughmeister
>>
File: dotf3.jpg (179KB, 657x445px) Image search: [Google]
dotf3.jpg
179KB, 657x445px
>>81182692
That one kind of makes sense, really. I mean, who's the only person who REALLY wants to see Batman fight on and on? Who really wants to see Batman broken? Tested until end of his rope?

Really, there are two people who want to see Batman kill Joker - Joker, and the reader (about 50% of the time according to couple polls). Who is the only person who finds Joker's macabre jokes funny? Readers, everyone in-universe finds them revolting and terrifying.

Actually, I just realized that this is the only thing that could salvage the pile of shit that was Death of the Family.
Who wants Joker to be EDGY, and DARKER? Readers. Why Joker cut off his own face? Because it's something you would find in a dumb fanfic written by a 15 year old, duh. Who would want to see all the Batfamily go through the grinder? Fans, since it was fans who caused death of Jason Todd in the first place.

Hell, entire argument of Joker in this arc is "Batfamily makes you weak, it was better when it was just you and me" which does echo sentiments of SOME readers who feel that Batfamily is getting overly big. (It's also a fallacy since Joker appeared after Robin - but again, it IS a common fallacy people make).

Let's go further - how do we perceive Bruce Wayne? We don't. We see Batman. We are aware that he has a rich-boy alterego, but we mostly are disinterested in it 90% of the time, we couldn't care less. Batman is Batman - for him, he IS Bruce Wayne, he is a person - but for Joker/Audience, only Batman exists.
>>
I bet his name is Phil
>>
>>81178331
Jerry Robinson Bill Finger Bob Kane
>>
>>81183147
>Who wants Joker to be EDGY, and DARKER? Readers.
But I'm a reader, and that's not what I want at all.
>>
>>81183147
> it was fans who caused death of Jason Todd in the first place.
mother of god
>>
>>81178331
I'm guessing something like Thomas Wayne Jr OR Berine "The One" Sanders.
>>
>>81182759
Batman has fought and beaten gods, but his nemesis is one crazy dude. How does this make any sense?
>>
>>81183227
Joker doesn't exist
>>
>>81183227

Doesn't it make all the sense in the world? Batman can best any opponent, is in the same ball park as super man, and has become a legend.

And the one thing. The one foe he just can not overcome is a twisted reflection of himself.
>>
>>81178620
No Jim is Batman because Bruce had amnesia
>>
>>81183227
He can go whole hog on Gods with all kinds of super powerful laser guns and mega missile launchers and knives made out of magic, but that shit would kill some random crazy guy. Batmans gotta fight on his level.
>>
He is the Pale Man and has existed since the dawn of man and he is immortal and his spinal fluid is magical senzu bean coffee.
>>
Thomas Jefferson. The president.
>>
>>81183192
Well, not all readers, some readers. The problem with this interpretation is that when we use it like that, Death of the Family becomes an overbloated, if subtle, strawman comic about "not muh Joker" aimed at people who want overly edgy comics, and then next story arc is about almost Silver-Age setup of Batman having to outwit Riddler who took entire city hostage.

Of course, since Snyder apparently had zero fucking involvement with having Joker cut off his face (it happened in Detective Comics, not Batman, and since it was launch month of New52 it was probably editorial decision) and having him get it restored in the next appearance, maybe it was intentional as a middle finger to the editorial too?
>>
His true name is Ed Jelord
>>
>>81183320
I think that Batman could easily handle the Joker, even fighting at his level. This is a man who has taken on Darkseid and won. Yet one crazy man who wields knives and guns is Batmans greatest foe.

This leaves two explanations. Either Batman subconsciously likes the Joker and keeps him around/goes easy on him.

Or the Joker is a dark mirror to the concept of the Batgod. Joker gets stronger the more overpowered Batman gets, because the Joker is Batmans designated antagonist and he knows it.
>>
da gun dat shot his perrents were a magic gun and so if you get shot wit it you come back as a demon but it shot two people so da gun had a baby and dat baby was Joker and Joker is Batmans brother but not really cuz da brother Joker died but da gun also grazed bruce and so it made a demon version of bruce from da blood and dat is da real Joker.

Cell

but da dead brother Joker was turned into Joker juice by Joker and den Joker uses his Joker juice to make Harley's but it splits his power and now he's mad because he no longer holds within him the might of Sheogorath god of madness and order.
>>
>>81183227
It doesn't. It doesn't have to, it's fucking comics.
>>
>>81183324

Snyder essentially nixes that as the truth at the end of Endgame.

Wait. This shit can't make sense because for Endgame to work Batman can't know who Joker is.

Since this is taking place before Endgame.

I get story over continuity but continuity still exists and this is kind of a huge fuck up.
>>
>>81183540
Yeah, if Batman knew who the Joker was why would he go to the Court of Owls seeking answers?

Maybe Batman chooses to forget his identity at the end or something.
>>
File: The Dragon In The Mirror 1.jpg (555KB, 1250x1500px) Image search: [Google]
The Dragon In The Mirror 1.jpg
555KB, 1250x1500px
>>81180827
I'll enlighten you(this is slightly outdated, as like most Hypercrisis theories it kinda got invalidated by the Nu52 reboot, which is one of the reasons I don't follow it for the most part)

>>81181860
>>81181933
well Hurt was a different kind of Devil than Joker would be(Hurt being a human avatar of Barbatos/Hyper Adapter, while Joker would probably turn out to be a variation on the Crooked Man sort of devil)
>>
File: The Dragon In The Mirror 2.jpg (727KB, 850x1784px) Image search: [Google]
The Dragon In The Mirror 2.jpg
727KB, 850x1784px
>>81183707
>>
File: The Dragon In The Mirror 3.jpg (1MB, 1500x3093px) Image search: [Google]
The Dragon In The Mirror 3.jpg
1MB, 1500x3093px
>>81183714
>>
File: The Dragon In The Mirror 4.jpg (654KB, 1275x1533px) Image search: [Google]
The Dragon In The Mirror 4.jpg
654KB, 1275x1533px
>>81183726
>>
>>81183001
His plea for Bruce not to change was about saving his own live as much as Bruce's. The second Batman was reborn that poor Butcher's shop worker started laughing and hasn't stopped since.
>>
File: The Dragon In The Mirror 5.jpg (977KB, 643x2497px) Image search: [Google]
The Dragon In The Mirror 5.jpg
977KB, 643x2497px
>>81183745
last one
>>
>>81183129
I dunno, if it works like this, >>81182921 every time you kill a joker another person is forced to become the next one, so you've ruined an innocents life unless you capture him alive.
>>
>>81183514
That movie really BOMBED. HA-HA-Ha hehehehe hah heh ho HA!
>>
>>81183760
oh hey, I was missing that last one
>>
>>81183746
This is my new favorite Joker theory.
>>
>>81183129
>with a gun

You never go full retard.
>>
>>81179736
Now that's funny.
>>
>>81183760
and what do all of these mean? i dont get it!
>>
>>81183774
>>81183774
Remember when Batman said that he didn't kill the Joker because he knew the city would send someone worse? What if that was a hint that every different incarnation of the Joker resulted from the previous one dying? Like Batman knows that killing the Joker would just create an even edgier version.
>>
>>81183938
What's REALLY sick is that they set just this up as the origin in that Gotham show.
>>
>>81178331
>So what's the joker's true identity?
What? How does it matter what he used to be? The Joker clearly had severed all connections with his past, so it doesn't really matter what he was as a kid or teenager. He is the Joker fulltime, he doesn't have a secret identity. You can drag his biological parents in front of him and he wouldn't acknowledge them.
>>
>>81184039
He seemed to care at the end of Death of the Family
>>
>>81184004

I'm to tired right now to really go over it all but if I'm understand right it's saying that there is a darkness within mirrors that Morrison has yet to full explore right?
>>
File: 4829834-1.jpg (640KB, 1965x1024px) Image search: [Google]
4829834-1.jpg
640KB, 1965x1024px
>>81181978
>>
>>81184138
She's COMPARING Joker to Gelos, you idiot, not saying they're the same person.
>>
>>81184004
>>81184078
There's something in the mirrors, probably the spirit of Martin Hawkins, that makes people go insane. When they're vulnerable, he's able to destroy their personalities and supplant them with something else, possibly seeds of himself.
>>
>>81184170
I think it's left pretty ambiguous.
>>
>>81178331
they already covered this when Bruce was flipping the Red Hood the finger.
>>
File: JokerMHBTAS.jpg (39KB, 550x414px) Image search: [Google]
JokerMHBTAS.jpg
39KB, 550x414px
>>81183774
I doubt it would be an "innocent". Whatever's making Jokers would probably choose the craziest asshole out there to be its asshole crazy champion.
>>
>>81184170
Simmer down spaz. He asked. I provided.
>>
>>81178331
FOUND JOKER
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Napier_(actor)
>>
>>81184265
I don't know, the butcher guy seemed pretty innocent. He even tried to kill himself so he wouldn't become the Joker when Bruce became Batman again.

Someone should post that scene again, it probably had a lot of hints in it.
>>
>>81178331
Odds are it's one of these:

1) Guy who killed Bruce/Martha Wayne (Joe Chill)

2) Someone directly connected to Bruce Wayne

3) Bruce himself (parallel version, clone, time travel, doesn't fucking matter)

4) Some mystical/demonic bullshit like he's a demon or spirit or Judas or some shit

5) The theory by >>81182921

And by far the most likely:

6) We'll never know, because deus ex machina will mindwipe Bruce before he reveals it to the readers in any way (the Doctor Who solution).

Any other potential answers?
>>
>>81184482
The thing is going to have told him that his name is just "The Joker".
>>
>>81178331
Your mom
>>
>>81184036
Theory guy here, didn't see that yet, but makes sense.
>>
>>81178331
Notice how he asks what's the Jokers "true" name and not "real name"?

Its a small detail, but I think it will be pretty significant to the answer we actually get.
>>
>>81184265
If that was the case, you'd see batman's rouge gallery dwindle as each one became the next joker. No, think about the one thing we've seen consistent in Joker Origins: A relatively normal person, until ONE BAD DAY.

It's not going to take somebody already ruined, they are each their own flavor. The city's going to find a fresh canvas and paint it purple and green.
>>
>>81184535
So what, your thinking it'll be some meta answer like "Batman's Beloved" or something?
>>
>>81183001
>>81184177
This seems to be the most satisfying answer, I wonder if there is any more evidence for it. The multiple Jokers theory would explain so much.
>>
>>81178331
Dick Hertz.
>>
>>81184535
>>81184567

It'll just be 'The Joker'.

Batman's 'true name' is Batman because that's how he refers to himself in his own head and the Joker will be the same.
>>
>>81184567
Yeah, something ambiguous enough to retcon later if fan reaction to it is really bad.

Batman is essentially asking who the Joker is, not who the Joker was.

It would also explain away the fact that Batman does not know the Jokers past in Endgame, which canonically takes place after this event.
>>
>>81184482
>Judas
somehow, this is actually currently impossible, because, the fucking Phantom Stranger is judas
God that Pandora shit was a fucking nightmare, I'm so glad forever evil instantly wiped that taste out of our mouths
>>
>>81184495
They've pulled that crap with Batman himself.
That wizard guy who turns into the Demon once invited Batman and Bane into his mystic magic room and stopped Bane at the door...
"You can not enter here wearing a mask, you must show your true face here."
"But you just let Batman in and he is still wearing his mask?"
"That is no mask, that is his true face..."
WhoooOOOoooOOooo... SPOOPY!
>>
>>81184622
It would make the fact that the Joker literally wears his face as a mask in Death of the Family slightly less retarded. Assuming that it want just making the Joker edgy for publicity, of course.
>>
>>81182921
The "Red Hood" is an identity assumed by multiple people who Batman thinks is one guy. If this theory is true, then the clues have been there all along.
>>
>>81183302
Is Bruce Metron after having an amnesia? No Bearded Bruce?
>>
>>81184704
Metron Bruce takes place before Batman gets amnesia.
>>
>>81184688
Hmm, interesting, like the Red Hood was a prototype? Gotham was a lot saner back in those days, so it didn't need quite the same level of unhinged. But Batman upped the stakes and Chaos was needed to Balance the order, so it birthed something much nastier.

It'd be neat if the first few jokers were all people who wore the hood at some point. They were already chosen, after all.
>>
File: APR150264.jpg (112KB, 658x1000px) Image search: [Google]
APR150264.jpg
112KB, 658x1000px
>>81184688
There is no fucking way in Holy Hell that -THAT- was planned from the start, or even for any length of time.
At best that's the kind of slapped together answer "brilliant" writers come up with to fix contradictory canon.
>>
>>81180034
its a lie.
>>
>>81184834
That's the stuff Hypercrisis is made of.

Shame Morrison isn't really doing that at DC anymore.
>>
>>81184834
Not saying it was completely planned, but the idea that the Joker could be anybody.

I can see Morrison or Snyder taking inspiration from that and making up their own theory along the same lines.
>>
File: boopers the clown wizard.jpg (214KB, 679x1459px) Image search: [Google]
boopers the clown wizard.jpg
214KB, 679x1459px
I think the Seymore Butts answer is the most satisfying. I think the Batman as urban horror tack that the comics have taken is just wrong for the character. The Joker shouldn't be killing people intentionally. But we've had so many years of bad writing, and half-baked attempts to make the Joker bigger, badder, meaner, more of a threat, by writers who don't know how to do that. The just kept throwing in more madness, more death, more meta by writers who were scared of clowns. I think that Bruce Timm got it best. The Joker was just out for a good time and a few bucks and after a few accidental deaths, discovered that Batman was the best player in the game.
The Joker should have been some small time guy failing in life, trying to live in a world where novelty stores (itching powder!, fake teeth! joy buzzers!) can't stay afloat. Getting into debt, getting into crime, getting driven mad by the retail rat race. Wear a tie. Wear a name tag. Wear flat shoes from the 1940s. Stand at a conveyor line and shell nuts. Stand beside a door and tear movie theater tickets in half one at a time. Talk into a phone all day hearing about how fat women in Nebraska don't like the sound their blenders are making. Smile for the customers. Wouldn't the world be so much better off if you busted up all those places that just exist to make everyone miserable?
>>
>>81184482
>Judas
ACKSHUALLY

The Phantom Stranger is postulated to be Judas Iscariot (as of New 52). His necklace is assumed to be constructed of the 40 pieces of silver he received in payment for his hand in the arrest and eventual execution by crucifixion of Jesus of Nazareth.
>>
>>81184993
But in the Jokers first appearance he was killing people. He wasn't even funny. A more serious Joker is truer to the character than a slapstick clown, especially in the modern grimdark setting of Batman.
>>
>>81184621
>>81185004
I know, that was an explicit reference to the Phantom Stranger's new origin.

BTW it's 30 pieces of silver, comrade.
Thread posts: 198
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.