[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Batman Solo Movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (46KB, 655x330px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 655x330px
What would you want from a solo Ben Affleck Batman movie?

(Also, Jeremy Irons has to be Alfred)

Who would you cast as the villain/villains?

Who would you cast as the Director?
>>
>>81130343
Court of Owls
>>
Black Mask as early movie enemy, evolves to court of owls, directed by Ben Affleck, written by Chris Terrio.
>>
>>81130913
>>81130828
THIS
>>
>>81130343
>Who would you cast as the villain/villains?
Someone new and fantastical. Clayface, Man-Bat, anything like that.
>>
Court of Owls trilogy + Rogues Gallery tie ins

1st movie is Red Hood revived by Court but then escapes them, teases that they exist in climax of movie
2nd movie is fullon investigation and confrontation of them
3rd movie is when they take over Gotham
>>
>>81130913
Terrio isn't a bad writer. I wonder how worse BvS could've been if it would've been 100% penned by Goyer.
>>
>>81130343
I want moviefags to learn to use the catalog
>>81109977
>>
>>81131157
The problem with cape movies right now is you know they're blatantly setting up sequels in front of you. BvS, Ironman 2, AoU. Just tell a self contained story ffs
>>
>>81131235
Gonna sit here and call BvS better written than Man of Steel?

Halfway through BvS, Supermans "conversations" are never more than 2-3 sentences and him looking pensively with furrowed brow or just yelling
>>
>>81131347
>we are now calling Goyer a better writer than Terrio
What I time we live in.
>>
>>81131347
I don't think anyone is capable of writing a good story for BvS not when they try to cram 3-4 movies story into 1 movie. WB and DC was too desperate to make JL when they're not ready.
>>
>>81131483
Read the synopsis of Goyers origninal script the one Faraci leaked

Yes its infinitelyfuckingnbetter
>>
My theory: It's a prequel set in a No Man's Land like time in Gotham because Suicide Squad looks like it takes place in some fucked up place under Joker control and Gotham ALREADY seemed pretty fucked up in BvS
>>
>>81131483
Best scenario of BvS is it makes decent money, but makes execs shit their pants and shuffle everything around directors, movies, etc. Zack Snyder is making decent money, but if he is the reason their not making as much as they could he needs to go. The producers who obviously didn't have a more active role should (Miller, Nolan) I love Batfleck, and I think Cavill could be a good superman if they let him use his natural charm. Fuck.
>>
>>81131572
It's not by Goyer, it's by fucking who that claimed it to be original script. Goyer and Snyder don't even want to do the dawnof justice part, they just want to do the BvS so his script don't have the latter part.
>>
>>81130828
YES!
>>
>>81130828
Were Court of owls a good addition to the rogue gallery? They just seem like League of Shadows with Owl Iconography.
>>
>>81130343
Man Bat
Have it be some metaphor about Bruce realizing the monster he's become. And learning to tone his shit down some.
>>
>>81130343
>What would you want from a solo Ben Affleck Batman movie?
>Who would you cast as the villain/villains?
Okay so I think there's a whole host of different ways you can tackle a Batman movie and I think the villains influence that, and I think the villains should probably be up to the director. I don't really mind whichever villains are chosen because most (though not all) of Batman's villains can be written in a compelling, good way with lots of mileage for stories.

>Who would you cast as the Director?
Directors I would be interested in seeing take on Batman:
>John Hillcoat
>Denis Villeneuve
>José Padilha
>Joe Wright
>Ariel Vromen
>Ryan Coogler
>Mary Harron

Directors who I wouldn't like to direct but would be interested in screenplays from:
>J Blakeson
>Lexi Alexander
>>
>>81132256
That's exactly what they are.
>>
>>81132462
Also there are a whole bunch of Asian, like Chinese/SKorean/Japanese directors but I think it's just an impossibility that any of those would be hired even beyond these immense long shots.

Gareth Evans maybe, I suppose.
>>
File: batman5.jpg (74KB, 960x1578px) Image search: [Google]
batman5.jpg
74KB, 960x1578px
I want a swashbuckler Batman story. Detective work, femme fatale. Shirtless swordfights and shit. Ra's would be nice, obviously, but I also want a villain we haven't had before.
>>
File: The_Cavalier_braveandthebold.jpg (109KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The_Cavalier_braveandthebold.jpg
109KB, 1920x1080px
>>81132728
>swashbuckling
>swordfights
>villain we haven't seen before

I've got just the guy
>>
I still want a detective based crime story. One which involves other members of the bat family.
Specifically Oracle, Nightwing, maybe Cassandra Cain or Batwoman.

Plot revolving around a string of murders or crimes which ultimately culminate in a plan by the Riddler. Who has been orchestrating things maybe to eliminate competition or seize power or get batman killed.
Also love to have a situation involving multiple people about to get killed, or bombs to disarm, or possible locations for something going down which requires batman and a few others in the bat family to each take on a specific location.
So it isn't just a solo story, but also not a 'team up to fight the bad guy' story.
If they included deathstroke as a Riddler employed mercenary designed to take out batman and/or throw him off riddlers trail that would work too.
>>
>>81132462
Other than Affleck himself, i would love to see David Fincher take on a Batman film. Knowing him i could see someone like The Riddler or Professor Pyg being the main villain.

>>81132574
I'd watch a Batfleck movie directed by Park Chan Wook! ( Old Boy, Lady Vengeance)
>>
>>81133101
I hope Oracle is in the Batman movie. With wheelchair and/or exo-legs. And she should operate out of a clocktower.
>>
>>81133285
Sure, but even like Lee Jeong-beom should be worth considering if Snyder is your current go-to guy.
>>
I'd love to see a movie where Batfleck teams up with Dick who is now Nitewing ( not sure who i would cast though) and involves the hunt for Red Hood who they soon find out is Jason Todd.

They could work out whatever issues they had during the course of the movie and Dick would be lecturing Bats on his new more brutal methods.
>>
>>81133539
>Lee Jeong-beom
The fight scenes would be great at least.
>>
>>81133685
Don't get me wrong here, I'd be much more interested in Park Chan Wook as well. What I'm saying is, the bar right now is low.
>>
>>81133638
My big issue with red hood/jason todd is it is kind of hard to make work in a movie...or at least not unless you have several movies setting it up.

The reason the red hood story functioned was because it had been so long since jason todd died and the memory of him being mentioned on and off. Plus by the nature of comics not every story arc is some huge mind blowing event...whereas with movies they tend to go that route cos your shoving a few hundo mill into each production and they come out once every several years.
So i feel like itd be hard to get right in the confines of just a single feature length film without being either 'obvious' or feeling shoehorned in.
I think a good exception was with winter soldier. In that you got to see bucky and cap working together for a whole movie prior so if the audience member didn't know the comic story in the second one they could be like 'oh shit its bucky i remember him'
But with red hood itd be some character most of them had never seen before suddenly popping out with no preamble for weird arbitrary reasons like 'resurrected by league of assassins pit'.

Now if they went the arkham knight route and had him as never having died but seeming to be part of a larger story that could work i guess. But even that most people guessed.
>>
The extended Bat-family.
Nightwing, Cassandra Cain, Stepanie Brown, Batwing, Tim Drake...
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.