[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

15 hours till Batman v Superman: Not over yet edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 429
Thread images: 54

File: 1.jpg (92KB, 1297x777px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
92KB, 1297x777px
Who's opinion matters more, critics or the audience?

This movie is the answer to this question, same as man of steel. The audience will love it, the critics? Not so much.

The general audience who've seen it like it. It's a fact, go on any social media site. They are actually calling out critics now.

Anyway, batman v superman thread
>>
>>81062024
>same as man of steel. The audience will love it
Um, have you been out of the country for 3 years?
>>
>>81062024
>Snyder looking devastated
>Affleck's smug grin
>hand positioned as if controlling a puppet
He knew
He knew
>>
File: 1.jpg (86KB, 1293x769px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
86KB, 1293x769px
Alot of people have been calling critics out now. This movie will be the turning point.

People have realized that they don't need critics to verify their existence.

Ticket sales have gone up and word of mouth is also really good. Go on twitter or any social media.

Zack attack is being judged unfairly. Some reviews are plain ridiculous.
>>
>>81062024
Here's something from the book The Secret History of Star Wars:

Tomatometer Scores for Original Trilogy During Original Release Dates:

*31% - Return of the Jedi

*52% - The Empire Strikes Back

*79% - Star Wars

*Average Tomatometer: 54%
>>
>>81062024
Audiences were divisive on Man of Steel, as were critics.
>>
File: 1.jpg (89KB, 576x960px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
89KB, 576x960px
>>81062121

Man of steel has a high audience ranking. Why do you think it made $700 million?
>>
>>81062195
Audiences seems less divisive.
It's well rated on IMDB
>>
>>81062155
"As one can see, only ‘Star Wars’ managed to be Fresh, with a respectable 79% on the Tomatometer, while the other two sequels got successively worse. Most of the critics thought the first film was an inventive, fun, and entertaining summer popcorn movie. It’s interesting that they complain about the dialogue back then too. ‘Empire,’ which is regarded as the best of the series nowadays, only managed to score a mixed 52%. It received great technical grades, but critics had problems with the plot, one way or other, and thought it was just ‘minor entertainment.’ It got worse with ‘Jedi’ – uneven pacing, no character development, tired acting, and hollow and junky filmmaking. It scored a moldy 30% on the Tomatometer. Prequels were probably the last thing critics wanted back then after the thrashing of the last film."
>>
File: 1.jpg (87KB, 600x939px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
87KB, 600x939px
The audience is confused. The word of mouth has been good on everything EXCEPT rotten tomatoes.
>>
>>81062155
>>81062243
The point of these two posts is that ultimately it's all fucking opinions. If you're interested, go see the film. If you like it, you like it. If you don't, then don't.

I mean, shit, critics hates John Carpenter's The Thing. That just goes to show what the fuck they know.
>>
>>81062221
That's an overall average score. It doesn't mean that audiences weren't divided over it.
>>
>all this damage control
>>
>>81062315

Critics hate the thing?
>>
>>81062209
Probably because 200mil of marketing budget.
>>
>>81062353
I meant to put 'hated'. Ya, on its theatrical release they hated the film.
>>
>>81062353
When it first came out yeah. It came out against ET.
>>
File: 1.jpg (494KB, 1200x1657px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
494KB, 1200x1657px
All this movie needs to do is make $1billion

Warner bros will wake up and stop giving Snyder big roles, but at the same time, they'll continue with the DCEU
>>
>>81062024
>the audience likes it so it's good
>Adam Sandler is good because he has a large audience that likes him
Yeah nah. That said shitting over a movie before it comes out, even if critics dislike it, is a dumb though I can understand why people would jump the gun.

I'm generally cautious of critics giving good reviews because they can easily be shilled whether the film is advertised in their site, the parent company owns the film also owns the site or simply to please the masses but the opposite of happening, a critic being shilled to say negative things is almost unheard of (usually). So if a critic says a film is shit chances are that's it's more likely their honest opinion.
>>
>>81062381
>>81062396

Why do critics have such shit taste? Is it for attention?
>>
>>81062381
To add something: there's plenty of films out there poorly received the first time only for opinions to change. It just goes to show that people are fucking people.

>>81062383
C'mon, man, let's not do company war shit here.
>>
>>81062383
>Read the reviews, 95% are saying its bad because
>too dark
>too serious
>not a superhero film because its not like marvel
A good number of the negative reviews seem to be saying it just has shit writing and a shit story. What's your response to that?
>>
>>81062383
>Marvel has stained their minds
Or maybe it's just not good you fucking moron.

DoFP was very well received for example and that one is more like WB stuff than Marvel.
>>
>>81062443
Its a bit unfair to say they all have shit taste.
>>
>>81062024
>>81062134
>Batflek vs snyder

Oh god, he's joking but he's also not.

There's some serious tension there, look at his face.
>>
>>81062443
Look, there's a variety of reasons why critics will love or hate a film and it comes down to just stupid shit.

Hell, critics loved Avatar and I hated that film.
>>
>>81062450
my bad anon
>>
>>81062024
No Johnson. No.

You don't get to call out critics when you spent the last two months claiming that it will do 90% on RT and it will destroy Marvel forever.

Just suck it and GTFO.
>>
>>81062383
Such a bullshit excuse for people not wanting to accept that it might just not be a good film.
>ohhh iss just cos it's not marvel
I'm sorry but go back and read the whole reviews. Don't just pick out a few choice words here and there, ignore the rest of the criticism, and hold your scraps up saying 'see, see its all cos marvel!'.
>>
File: 1.jpg (88KB, 600x666px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
88KB, 600x666px
Critics are in a way, working for us.

People will watch the movie with zero hype and expectations, and they'll come out of it thinking "it wasn't as bad as critics say"

Thus, the word of mouth travels.
>>
>>81062024
I was at an advanced screening yesterday, OP. I don't want to sound like a killjoy but the movie isn't without its problems. That said, it doesn't deserve the score the critics are giving it.
>>
>>81062209

Deadpool made 731 million.

Fucking Deadpool outsold a Superman movie.

MoS was a disaster.
>>
>>81062562
List all the pro's and cons of the movie m8.
Spoiler if you must.
>>
>>81062461
All I can say to that is this: I will make up my own mind if I see it. If I agree with them, then I'll say so. If I don't then fuck them.

Critics are people and everyone needs to remember 90% of the people in the world are fucking idiots. Sometimes those idiots are right and sometimes they're wrong.
>>
>>81062503

Or are we talking about the last air bender movie, because that was dog shit
>>
DCfag here who just saw the movie, yes it was bad. People need to stop making excuses and act like it's anyone's fault but Snyder's and WB's.

It had some good moments, but overall the bad outweighted the good. I really, really hope they fire Snyder after this, otherwise the future of DCEU isn't looking very hot.
>>
>>81062600
To be fair Deadpool has been increasingly popular to kids, teenagers and young adults even if they never read a single comic about him.
>>
>>81062606
>All I can say to that is this: I will make up my own mind if I see it. If I agree with them, then I'll say so. If I don't then fuck them.
That is a perfectly fair way to go about it.
>>
>>81062607
Nah, I was referring to Cameron's. I didn't like it at all. Nor did I like Titanic. Rest of his films were fine, though.

And yes, I hated The Last Airbender too.
>>
>>81062628
>DCEU isn't looking very hot
It stopped looking hot the second they decided to make an extended universe in the span of one film.
>>
>>81062600
Deadpool outsold Iron man, Captain America and wolverine.

So, what's your point again?
>>
>>81062024
Critics are right. The general audience are the people who keep shit like honey boo boo and the kardashians alive, fuck em.
>>
Just saw this movie last night for an early screening (I write for a small site.)

The movie is not terrible. It's aggressively mundane, and far behind the standards of 2016 with a LOT of tiny little stupid directorial choices and decisions. The plot is inconsistent in its perspective and leads to a jumbled feeling, and it has LOADS of damage control to retcon the events of MoS.

No one in the theater cheered or clapped when the credits rolled. People just kind of got up and left and I heard some "yeah, it was good"s. Because it is "good" but considering how high it aimed, good isn't good enough. It's a disappointment with a nihilistic ending that does not excite you for the sequels.
>>
File: 1.jpg (148KB, 1552x979px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
148KB, 1552x979px
Worst part is, these people put their heart and soul into it. They didn't deserve this.

I just hope the movie makes $1.3 billion+ and the get to have better sequels.

http://batman-news.com/2016/03/24/batman-v-superman-bad-review-reactions/
>>
>>81062664
But let's be honest: The only reason it got so much praise and made millions was because of the CGI effects. Avatar is the definition of style over substance.
>>
>>81062739
>No one in the theater cheered or clapped when the credits rolled. People just kind of got up and left and I heard some "yeah, it was good"s. Because it is "good" but considering how high it aimed, good isn't good enough. It's a disappointment with a nihilistic ending that does not excite you for the sequels.
I could see this.
But if that's the case why do so many people love The Force Awakens?
>>
So #Whowillwin?

Critics, or the audience?
>>
>>81062739
Where are you from?

Because where I come from no one really clap or cheer even if the movie was good.
>>
>>81062830
It's Superman Vs. Batman.
It could be 90 minutes of paint drying and it would still sell. Sheer curiosity will make the movie a "success".
>>
>>81062664
The last airbender was abysmal.

Why did they think it was a good idea?
>>
>>81062757
Oh man, I don't even want to watch that. The pain would be too much to bear.
>>
>>81062757
>I just hope the movie makes $1.3 billion+ and the get to have better sequels.

I won't.
>>
>>81062842

Washington. Your expect SOME kind of reaction. At least a couple people going "WHOO!! YEAH!" That happened with my screenings of Avengers, Winter Soldier, TDKR, even goddamn Ant Man. At least some sort of reaction.

The ending is straight up depressing and there's like 10 minutes of resolution after the fighting ends, you stop caring. Once it's done you're like "cool it's over now, things of interest stopped a while ago anyway"
>>
When are you going, who are you taking?
>>
I've seen it.

Relatively full theater, not packed but not empty either, people didn't really care for it. The guy sitting three rows from me was probably the best part.

>Ending montage with Lex's painting upside down
>"Oh shit son they gon' fight the Devil".
>>
>>81062767
>But let's be honest: The only reason it got so much praise and made millions was because of the CGI effects. Avatar is the definition of style over substance.

That I can agree with you on.

>>81062891
No fucking clue. The logic behind such decisions is why we get shit like 50 Shades of Grey and Highlander 2. All you can do is shrug at the mystery of such things.
>>
You guys know what the difference between DC and Marvel is?

When Marvel does test screenings, they do it for test purposes, for example they did a lot of reshoots for Thor.

But DC, much like their fans, resorts to ostrich tactics:
>sir, according to the test screenings the movie is bad
>what if we tell everyone it's the best thing ever?

Now let's clear something out, because dc fans are really faggots about it: Cut the strawman dudes. Yes, a lot of the reviews said that the movie is not fun, but you keep taking that out of context because what they mean is that if a movie has an absurd plot, at least it should be fun, but with BvS it's both absurd and boring grimfest. The main complaint about the movie is the plot and the pacing, with most reviews claiming there are huge plot holes (others just called them plot caverns), and that the movie jumps from one scene to the other with no conherence whatsoever.
>>
>>81062024
>Who's opinion matters more, critics or the audience?

box office money
>>
>>81062024
The audience, of course. And don't be surprised if the audience scores continue to go down as the suspicious new accounts on Rotten Tomatoes giving out 10/10's and midnight viewers still high on hype get drowned out once it has premiered everywhere, and ordinary people have a chance to see this shitshow.
>>
File: sny.png (359KB, 400x468px) Image search: [Google]
sny.png
359KB, 400x468px
>>81062024
>>
>>81062999

The main complaint about the movie is the plot and the pacing, with most reviews claiming there are huge plot holes (others just called them plot caverns), and that the movie jumps from one scene to the other with no conherence whatsoever.

The movie has no distinct "acts." its just cutting to random shit all the time. The plot progression is clunky and you can hear the gears turning. There'll be a scene that SEEMS super important because of how it was directed, but is inconsequential. Because EVERY GODDAMN THING is made to feel "epic," none of it is.

Lex Luthor walking down a hallway is given more dramatic effect than the first time Batman and Superman meet. Its inconsistent and makes it hard to care.
>>
File: a decent 44.png (235KB, 1175x592px) Image search: [Google]
a decent 44.png
235KB, 1175x592px
>>81062313
>The word of mouth has been good on everything EXCEPT rotten tomatoes.
Nah.
>>
>>81062602
Not him, but I saw it too.

Pros
>acting was good, Affleck and Jeremy Irons being the best out of them
>Gadot as WW was also pretty good, though she was pretty much a glorified cameo
>amazing soundtrack
>opening scene with the Wayne's getting killed was very well done and so was the montage of Superman saving people
>Batman's fight scene you see in the trailer was the highlight of the movie for me
>Bat vs Supes fight was okay, a little too much Batwank for my taste though

Cons
>awful Lex, he was pretty much the Joker
>Cavill tries and is pretty likeable, but man, he wasn't given much to work with at all
>final battle is a mess, terrible CGI and too many explosions. You can barely tell what's happening sometimes.
>Superman's death was cheap as fuck and unnecessary, you already know he's coming back to life so you really don't feel anything
>very bad pacing
>plot felt really nonsensical at some points and the character motivations are most of the time inexistent or really stupid
>JL cameos felt forced
>nightmare sequences were weird as fuck, I understood what they were going for but the general audience really disliked them. My casual friends were confused the whole time.
>Batman was a little too Punisher-y for my taste

I wouldn't say it deserves a 32% score, but it doesn't deserve anything past 50% either. If people consider MoS dark, then this is even darker. Anything else you want to know?
>>
>>81062999
Snyder can't accept any criticism, he considers himself to be the best director ever. And WB is on board with him.

DCfanatics are blaming that critics are all too into marvel movies to get the "complexity" of BvS. they forget that dark knight movie have good scores with critics and public. So this excuse isn't working.
they are idiots, that say that marvel movies are for kids.
>>
File: end it.png (354KB, 800x397px) Image search: [Google]
end it.png
354KB, 800x397px
How come Ben looks so dead inside all the time?
>>
>>81062757
>Worst part is, these people put their heart and soul into it. They didn't deserve this.
>I just hope the movie makes $1.3 billion+ and the get to have better sequels.
>http://batman-news.com/2016/03/24/batman-v-superman-bad-review-reactions/

if this makes more than 1 billion, we won't get better sequels, just more of the same snyder thing
>>
>>81063211
Huge Marvelfag here and I enjoyed most of the meltdown here because dc fans were faggots about it for a long time.

This interviewer is a jackass, he should never interview anyone ever again.
>>
>>81063211
Ben fucking knows
>>
>>81063313
The interviwer asked them like 5 times if they read the reviews
>>
>>81062602
Batfleck is God tier. He has presence that quietly steals every scene he's in. His opening is very strong in that it's a testimony to his unwavering dedication to helping others.

My favorite scene is the one where he brands that criminal we see in the trailer. Not the actual branding, no. It's actually a really great visual experience because we see it from the eyes of an ordinary cop, who by the is terrified when he sees Batman (and when you see where Batman was hiding you won't suppress a chuckle) and shoots at him several times. Batman makes his exit in a spectacular fashion, in a flurry of motion, that will make you feel like you can't believe you're actually seeing this on the big screen. I supposed those who share Nolan's grounded approach won't find the scene as evocative.

Batman uses Scarecrow's fear gas to possibly give some criminals permanent psychological damage, and even uses it on Scarecrow to make him docile, all without even a hint of reservation.

You've already heard about the Joker and Riddler hints from the trailers, but the one I actually loved was the one about Two-Face. Bruce and Alfred are caught in a moral contradiction. While Alfred seems to believe that Superman isn't inherently bad, Bruce is of a different mind. He says somehting along the lines of "In Gotham, we've seen that the good don't stay that way."

Really, I could go on and on, but this is what made the biggest impression on me.
>>
File: 1.jpg (111KB, 768x1166px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
111KB, 768x1166px
>>81063153

That's still higher than rt

almost everyone is knows something's off with those critics
>>
>>81063136
>the hand of Affleck about to sweep Snyder out of a job
>yfw he gets put on Krypton with Goyer again
>>
>>81063423
Not if you go by RT's average rating of 5.1/10 instead of % of people who gave it a fresh review.
>>
The entire hollywood machine is built up around peddling bullshit, because lets face it, they're in the buisness of making made up bullshit. Everything revolves not around money per se, but the perception that something could be seen in a way that people wouldn't shell out the cash for a ticket.

Even the self-congratulatory circle jerks that are award shows are waist deep in bullshit, Oscar's being all white aside. Hell, my favorite Oscar moment was when Spielberg gave out the award for Best Picture a few years back and he not so subtly called out the Academy, pretty much saying "The winner tonight will join the ranks of films like Gone with the Wind and The Godfather, while the loosers will all stand beside others like Raging Bull and Citizen Kane."

There's no sense of buying into whats considered "good" among studios and critics alike because half the time they just dont know what the fuck they're talking about
>>
As if, in this day and age, critics aren't mostly fans with credentials.
>>
File: 1.jpg (43KB, 638x471px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
43KB, 638x471px
>>
>>81062024
I'm a spic, we swalllow any thing.Here the masses get excited and give their approval to a movie just because it has cool cgi or hot girls or guys. I still remember people clapping after fucking transformers. BvS opened yesterday, as expected there's a lot of "10/10 movie, lots of action ajaja!", but there's also a good bunch of people claiming they expected better. That ain't a good sign, but still fuck it gonna watch it. I liked Mano of Steel.
>>
>>81063593
That's what I don't get! People act like critics are some high esteem film buffs when usually for movie's like this they get the comic book movie nerds to review it. And then they don't like it. Doesn't that say it all?
>>
Posted from the other thread

Why doesn't this marvel victory taste good? I feel like I should be laughing, but I'm depressed now.

We laughed at fantastic four, but this doesn't feel right.

Can someone explain?
>>
>>81063876
Because you're afraid DC's failure will take down the entire cape genre.

At least that's why I'm not laughing.
>>
>>81063417
wait, Scarecrow's in this?
>>
>>81063876

Fantastic Four we knew was going to be a trainwreck from the word "go".

BvS actually had a lot of effort put into it and the surrounding hype was really positive.

I personally think most of the board is acting like a bunch of spoiled babies about the whole thing, either way it's just a fucking movie, and treating it like the end of the world if it isn't some amazing masterpiece of genre fiction is ridiculous.
>>
File: 1458752144168.jpg (9KB, 369x226px) Image search: [Google]
1458752144168.jpg
9KB, 369x226px
>>81064001
>Because you're afraid DC's failure will take down the entire cape genre.

holy shit finally
>>
I liked it alot.

It's got problems. Major ones. Bloated to a fault and certain story points are just silly. Worst thing about it imo, is Eisenberg. Holy shit, this was a miscasting.
>>
>>81064001

Not while Disney is still loading up the Marvel brands with their dosh-generating formula.
>>
>>81063687
A E S T H E T I C
>>
>>81064001
This. Traditionally, the Big 2 are at their BEST when both companies are putting out good shit because it causes them to have to innovate. Competition breeds quality.

This colossal failure just means Marvel has no reason to try anything new, because why would they?
>>
>>81064018
No. He's never name dropped or referenced. Batman just used Crane's fear gas to disarm people
>>
>inb4 because critics hated it, fans love it even more
>inb4 the film breaks all records
>>
File: No Baking Soda.jpg (22KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
No Baking Soda.jpg
22KB, 640x359px
>>81062024
I was part of the audience for Man of Steel. It was fucking awful.
>>
>>81064120
Pretty much this. The very few good things about it are drowned out by all the shit.

That score was fucking god-tier though. However, it's pretty bad when the most memorable thing about your movie is the soundtrack
>>
File: Snyderfag Delusion.png (404KB, 1898x405px) Image search: [Google]
Snyderfag Delusion.png
404KB, 1898x405px
>>81062315
>this is the fourth time I've seen in a different thread someone mention Carpenter's The Thing
You're that 1.jpg shill aren't you
>>
>>81063876
I'm more into Marvel but I know what you mean. Despise the shit we throw at each other here we share similar interests and fetishes, so don't feel weird if you automatically put yourself in the shoes of other anons. Just imagine if after all that hype Avengers had failed you. Imagine that instead of a fun ride you got a dark knight wannabe movie with a depressed virgin Cap knowing that Evans could perform way better under the right direction.

I don't dare to see that whole interview. Fuck, set that asshole reporter on fire and in the panic stab Snyder.
>>
>>81062024
>The general audience who've seen it like it. It's a fact, go on any social media site.

No they don't. It's out in like the ass-end of Europe and Indonesia and the RT audience scores are already dropping.

When it comes out here it's going to die.
>>
>>81063423
I still find it amazing that Slott of all people said to ignore critics and like what you like.
>>
>>81062209
It made $668m, not $700m.

Don't write off that $32m, it's more money than you'll ever make.
>>
>>81063687

is snyder the zyzz of film auteurs?
>>
>>81062409
It won't.
>>
File: now that's more like it.png (319KB, 484x298px) Image search: [Google]
now that's more like it.png
319KB, 484x298px
>>81064001
Holy shit I want this

I never considered this
>>
>>81064462
RT doesn't count foreign reviews, only American and English ones. Maybe a few latino as well.
>>
>>81062024
>Not over yet

OP, shit hasn't even started yet. Nobody's even seen it. 99% of the people claiming they saw pre-screenings are lying.

Just think about the consequences of this.

By this time tomorrow, the memes will have only just started.
>>
>>81064588
It's already out in many European countries though.
>>
>>81062409

They'll continue with the dceu regardless, there's too much potential for money in it. Only way it doesn't is if it doesn't break $200m domestic lifetime and $500m globally which is probably impossible
>>
File: 1454444440946.jpg (53KB, 622x562px) Image search: [Google]
1454444440946.jpg
53KB, 622x562px
>>81062024
>>81062134
>This desperation.
>>
>>81064588
And yet the audience score is already 78% on RT

shits plummeting anytime i check it, this is amazing
>>
>>81064542
Sorry bud, Cape films won't die for good. The we can hope for is that they take a break for 10 or so years like they did after Batman and Robin.
>>
>>81064588

It's been out in aus since yesterday, I went to a 10am showing at my local theatre
>>
>>81064668
People are gullible though. A lot of viewers might actually enjoy the movie, then see the RT score and change their opinion so that others don't make fun of them. Hell, half of /co/ is like that.
>>
>>81062443
It's more that critics are incredible sensitive to things general audiences don't even look for. At the same time generally audiences will be put off by things critics appreciate.
>>
>>81062600

Deadpool also outsold Batman begins and just under Amazing Spider-Man. It was just a great movie
>>
Who here is in the anger stage? Come this time tomorrow we'll have enough collective energy to power a Red Power Battery
>>
>>81064692
That would be the 1%. By tomorrow you can expect an actual number people posting here to be telling the truth when they say they saw it.
>>
>>81064737
Pretty much, before the RT reviews came out there were a lot of feel good BvS threads and now this happens and a lot of /co/mrades are now shitting on it.

The funny thing is most of them haven't even seen the movie.
>>
>>81062757

I feel sorry for all the actors Except Eisenberg Especially Gadot for some reason.
>>
>>81064737
Sure, whatever makes you feel better for hyping this shit for 3 years and ending up disappointed.
>>
>>81064588
Came out here in Russia Wednesday night, I went to the 12 am showing. Although, admittedly, it actually has a good score among our local top critics.
>>
Not a critic, and a major DCuck.

I fucking hated it.

Monotonous pacing that makes the whole thing feel like a commercial, which isn't helped by the segment that is literally advertising other DC films. First-draft dialogue and middle-school plotting that ensure you won't find any characters clever or even autonomous. If you like characters already, you can be sure they're nothing like what you've seen before. Finally, the whole film is literally black.
Decent visuals I guess.

Please please please don't pay to see this movie. We deserve better but first this garbage universe needs to die.

Man of Steel was way better and I hated that too.
>>
>>81062562
I've heard the same thing from other people at least the ones who didn't praise it.

They didn't outright hate it but they've said that people are being weirdly hard on this movie.
>>
>>81062973
>"Oh shit son they gon' fight the Devil".

Well they are more or less. If Snyder can't help himself with the Jesus symbolism for Supes can you imagine what his Darkseid would be like?
>>
>>81062999
>for example they did a lot of reshoots for Thor.

Then why was it still shit?
>>
>>81063876
Why would DC failing be a Marvel victory? Them not having a strong competition and being secured in their safety net means that at some point they will be OK with dishing out some shit quality movies because they know they have people's money anyway.
>>
Requesting the webm where Superman dies
>>
File: 1456202400454.png (220KB, 321x333px) Image search: [Google]
1456202400454.png
220KB, 321x333px
>>81064856
Good, I was beginning to think I'm crazy for liking MoS better than BvS.

MoS was pretty mediocre, but I found this movie to be hot garbage. No expectations and I still ended up disappointed.
>>
>>81063423
It's higher at 50 reviews. So was RT.

The larger sample is more accurate a reflection of reception.
>>
>>81064815
I'm not disappointed though. I had fun watching it, and that's all I can really ask of from any movie. Don't really care if DC gets an extended movie universe or not, I'm happy enough with Marvel movies and I doubt my favorite DC characters will ever come to the big screen anyway.
>>
>>81063068
>What's that, more Transformers movies? Yes sir Mr Lincon
>>
File: 1366082742393.gif (1024KB, 500x220px) Image search: [Google]
1366082742393.gif
1024KB, 500x220px
i loved Spider-Man 3 and still hold it highly because it was so hilarious.
I won't say dumb shit like critics opinions are invalid or something, it's a popcorn movie, it's not like it's a Terrance Malick movie.
It's a pos just accept it
>>
>>81064586
They count foreign audience scores, anon.

They also count foreign reviews. They had all the Mexican reviews up after the premiere, and reviewers from all over the English-speaking world (which is 2/3 of the Earth, God save the Queen).
>>
File: 1407830789827.jpg (297KB, 970x582px) Image search: [Google]
1407830789827.jpg
297KB, 970x582px
>that one guy you know who always defends popular movies and says everyone who didnt like it is expecting too much
>>
>>81063876

FF was a cash grab to retain the rights. They didn't really care. Laugh all you want at them but Marvel still didn't win anything, they lost when that movie was made because they can't get their hands on a lot of IP's.

I'll tell you why this victory doesn't taste good. It's because we all expected it to be a close battle, like Rocky and Apollo creed going the distance. What we have now is Apollo v Ivan Drago. A complete and utter defeat
>>
>>81064989
>2/3 of the Earth
Hate to break it to you, but you're off your mark. That doesn't even cover Europe, not even talking about Asia, which has most of the world's population.
>>
>>81063876
Why would anyone regardless of his autistic preference for a comic book universe over another would want a Batman/Superman movie to fail?
>>
>>81065034

The only people that matter speak English.
>>
>>81065064
China's the biggest market nowadays.
>>
File: 1458656837106.jpg (18KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1458656837106.jpg
18KB, 560x560px
Who /inthetheater/ here?
>>
>>81065078

The good ones speak English.
>>
>>81062024

https://youtu.be/_Jgpihpnv3Q

Random ass shit
>>
>>81064917
Dude same.
I'm truly baffled by any DC fan who wasn't actively enraged. Not to One True Scotsman or anything, but this was such a vapid, noisesome fart of nothing that I'm convinced anyone saying it was awesome is 12 or so cucked by DC thay they'd literally eat Didio's shit.
It's probably everyone who became a fan with the Nolanverse.
>>
>>81064653

It pretty much broke 350 worldwide already with presales .Drop off is going to be huge second week though
>>
>>81065050
Because as a Batman/Superman fan, I'm furious this is what the normies are getting.
>>
>>81065142

One of my friends was telling me about literary themes of insecurity and shit.
>>
>>81063876

DC fags wouldn't give Marvel fags a break if it was doing good and Civil War was doing bad. So revel in it. Rub their noses in their turd. It's your time to shine.
>>
>>81065097
who /paidforbigfatgreekwedding2andsnuckintobvs/ here
>>
>>81063423
It's actually lower than RT. RT has BvS at 5.1, Metacritic has it at 4.4
>>
>>81065183

The cast are going to be on kimmel on the 31st to help promote the movie for the second weekend, it's going to be awkward
>>
>>81064171
Why the fuck would you use FEAR gas to disarm people? Doesn't Crane use that to CAUSE chaos and violence?
>>
File: 21478541236.jpg (34KB, 480x269px)
21478541236.jpg
34KB, 480x269px
I don't get it
I can understand /tv/'s frustration
but why does /co/ want capeshit to die?
I really think there is something off about those reviews
They're treating it like it Fant4stic
Its one thing to say you didn't like the movie but to say
it's lower than Marvel's worst (eg. IM3, Thor2) is retarded
It's bullying at this point
>>
>>81065216
Well I'm mostly a MCUfag who really got tired of the DC smug shitposting about "muh artistic superhero movies" and "Marvel do kiddie movies that look like tv shows", but I still can't bring myself to shit on the people that waited for this movie for 3 years.

You're faggots for acting all high and mighty before the movie even came out, but you still don't deserve a dead in the water movie universe.
>>
>>81065307
Iron Man 3 is great. Manchildren just upset about m-m-muh Mandarin.
>>
>>81062713
Nigga none of those guys were anywhere near as popular as superman when they got their movie
Wolverine is the exception, but x-men origins was complete shit and so was last stand. The wolverine was good but it had 2 god awful films as a track record.
>>
>>81065200
As an English Major, please believe me when I say that English Majors should not write movies. You can't just plug themes into your movies. It's just as vapid as plugging in characters because corporate said so.
>>
>>81062155
Seems perfectly legit.
>>
>>81065142

I feel like I'm alone when I say I liked Superman in it and hated Batman [Superman has a comfy relationship with Lois as Clark. He has a problem with the planet writing puff pieces instead of tackling real news. He leaves Lex's party at the expence of finding out what Bruce is doing to save a girl from a fire he saw on the news. Went to the courthouse to hold himself accountable He didn't want to fight Batman, he wanted his help and asked him for it. Tried to take Doomsday out of the city. Sacrificed himself to stop Doomsday so it couldn't kill anyone [/spoiler]

Meanwhile Batman just murders people and gives zero fucks about it. Don't get me wrong I didn't like the film but Superman was the hero
>>
>go to watch BVS
>was shit
>leave theater happy because I can still say Bale Bats is my favorite
>was scared ben would actually be good and I'd have to eat my hat
>watching Nolan Trilogy tonight with favorite beer and pizza to feel good

any other anons know this feel yet?
>>
File: fingers2.png (373KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
fingers2.png
373KB, 600x451px
>Disney paying for bad reviews for their rivals.
>>
>>81065307
It's easily as bad as F4 or Thor 2. And as a DCuck I hated it way more.
>>
>>81065420

I've been watching the DCAU. I think all the live action Batmen have been shit
>>
File: 1458536028709.gif (3MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1458536028709.gif
3MB, 400x300px
>>81064912
> Snyder crammed this much into the movie
That's probably the issue. He wanted it to ne Watchmen 2.0 and instead it feels like another bloated event story. I'll still try and enjoy it to the best of my abilities though.
>>
>>81062024
Already got my ticket per ordered... for my big fat Greek wedding 2.
>>
>>81065420

You actually like TDKR?
>>
>>81065403
I'll give you that but he was still completely one dimensional.
>>
>>81065473

The files should have been on the laptop but WonderWoman just shouldn't have opened them except her own. What they should have done is had those clips be part of that Lex OS people can play with IRL as a reward for completing it
>>
>>81062024

For a normal movie, I would say its even.

For a franchise movie, or a movie that comes from a popular source material, I woould say definitley critics.

The reason being, when you make a movie with an established fanbase, criticism gets skewed. The fanbase has a interest in DEFENDING the movie, no mater the quality of the actual movie. This is horrible. It is the equivalent of asking McDonalds if their hamburgers are good or not. Everyone knows what the asnwer is going to be.

Critics in this case are more important. They would be the ones I would look to for an honest opinion of a franchise movie, because and audience opinion, while not completely full of fans, will have fans in it that will defend even a bad movie, which is not a good opinion if you just want to see a quality movie.
>>
>>81062024
>It's a fact, go on any social media site.
All my Facebook friends that saw it hated it.

One friend wrote "please stop with all the Superhero movies" (he probably didn't see it though).

I have 0 friends that liked it.
>>
>>81065348
>>81065307
>why does /co/ want capeshit to die?

That's like a vocal minority. ALL the company wars shit is by vocal minorities on both sides. Or else crossboarders.

Most people enjoy stuff from more than one company. They're bummed about BvS but want future DC films to be better. And they're still looking forward to Civil War and the rest.

The people who want cape movies to die, or at least off this board are just sick of company wars or casuals getting in muh sekrit club.
>>
>>81062134
Did the manlet hack really punch bin aflek?
>>
>>81065518

I really don't think that's Cavills fault though. If Snyder went I would still be invested in the DCEU. I won't watch Justice League if he's still involved
>>
>>81064033
Witnessed
I sort of agree, I saw f4 as a trainwreck at the start.
But ifelt the same way when I saw Snyder's name on BvS
>>
>>81062155
Interesting. I guess Star Wars were so different that even critics didn't see it back then...

...but then, the first Star Wars is kind of dumb and boring and only the second movie makes the whole saga worth watching.
>>
>named critics with established reputations are paid shills
>but audience score which is anonymous and can be flooded with fake accounts is totally more legit
>>
Anybody have a link to the depressing interview?
>>
Can someone post the flash and aquaman webms? I want to show someone.
>>
>>81065420
I prefer Batfleck, he was glorious. BvS has problems, but the cast isn't one of them.
>>
>>81065591
Agreed. All in all the only bad casting was Lex.
Jesus Christ that's easily the worst Luthor.
Another reason to skip BvS? Based Alfred was virtually absent.
>>
>>81065649
Holy shit yes
>>
>>81062024
First off, the movie wasn't that good and it deserves flack from critics. But don't despair! It's fucking Batman vs Superman. You can count on every moron who saw Transformers seeing it and it making a lot of money. You cannot put the two biggest names in comics together and not attract an audience.
>>
>>81065403
I liked them both, but I rooted for Clark.
>>
Spanishfag here, saw it yesterday.

It is a complete trainwreck, don't even bother.
>>
File: Doomsday kills Superman.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Doomsday kills Superman.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>81064912
>>
More important question: the girl Batman fucked, do you think it was some casual fling, or was that Selina?
>>
>>81065678
I thought opposite
the cast and the directing were both bad

anyone else more excited for the Batman Lego movie than the dceu?
I'm hyped as fuck for it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wlnD48m6LU
>>
>>81065307
Thor 2, for all it's criticisms, is light years ahead of this movie in terms of art direction, enjoyable actors, and satisfying narrative. Just because WB slapped Batman and Superman onto a turd doesn't give it a free pass. Just because these are the oldest "brands" in comics doesn't make this movie magically better. This movie has more in common with Daredevil and Catwoman than it does Thor 2. It should WISH it was as good as Thor 2.
>>
>>81065684

I was sure Eisenbergs Luthor was all an act for the crowds he wold be suave and charming but when I saw him sperging out at the party I knew I was in for some real shit. How could they get it so wrong?
>>
>>81065752

So that's stupid. We don't even have a fully developed Superman and now you have to waste time bringing him back in another movie. Fucking hell, they couldn't screw this up harder.
>>
>>81062155
You fukin retards there was no tomato meter back then
>>
>>81062757
>http://batman-news.com/2016/03/24/batman-v-superman-bad-review-reactions/

I feel bad for Affleck. He didn't want to do another capeshit after Daredevil and it wasn't even his fault for the failure. Then he does BvS, does well on Batman but the movie failed.
>>
>>81065769

Now this will make bank. I hope nobody here actually thinks WB is going to sell DC
>>
>>81062607
Avatar wasn't a good film. I hesitate calling it a film. It was a feature length amusement park ride. The story was rehashed tired shit and the characters and dialogue were crap.
>>
File: 1452495947690.jpg (51KB, 540x429px) Image search: [Google]
1452495947690.jpg
51KB, 540x429px
>this movie was worse than that dumpster turd Age of Ultron
They did it, the absolute madmen. Holy fuck, I regret spending money on the ticket and getting hyped for this.
>>
>>81065777
>enjoyable actors

No. Eat shit
>>
>>81062757
How does Eisenberg keep getting work? He's like Michael Cera's less charismatic cousin.
>>
>>81065868

I've had my fill of BvS, so I'll pass.
>>
>>81065724
Alien vs Predator never made a huge amount, and both those franchises outsold any comic book considerably in terms of fans.

The actual comic book aspect is pretty much meaningless.

>>81065649
It's falling as well.
>>
>>81065781
"And of course we have to cast someone unexpected for Lex! They'll all freak out like they did with Ledger or Keaton and then it'll be great!"
"Sir, shouldn't we actually aim to make sure it's great first?"
"You're fired."
>>
Just got home from watching it.

Pros:
>Batfleck
>Some nice visuals once in a while
>Fairly well executed action scenes
>Good soundtrack

Cons
>Terrible editing
>Many scenes are so dark you can hardly see what's going on
>First two hours of movie is mostly a snore-fest, all of the action is crammed into the last 30 minutes and once it starts you want it to slow down after the first 5 minutes.
>While the soundtrack is good, it's completely misused, a lot of music in scenes that don't fit at all or makes what's happening on screen laughable (Wonder Woman guitar riff).
>Cringy as fuck Lex
>Wonder Woman has no character
>Any attempts at humor fall flat

3/10. It wasn't a good movie. The theater was filled up, people were excited when the title screen came up, as the movie went on though, the excitement slowed down. People began talking among themselves during the boring middle half, yawning, laughing at scenes that were meant to be serious. It wasn't a positive crowd that left my theater. One guy told his friend as they were leaving 'I'm too much of a Batman fan to hate it. Even if it's not good.'

I have a hard time understanding someone would think this was a genuinely enjoyable movie, no matter how much of a Batfaggot they are.
>>
>>81062024
I'm going right now to watch this piece of Kino.
>>
File: 1444515067949.jpg (98KB, 504x470px) Image search: [Google]
1444515067949.jpg
98KB, 504x470px
>>81065859
>China fan that went to pre-screening said the movie is "somewhere between AoU and Winter Soldier"
>it was actually worse than AoU
Kill me. I can't believe I waited 3 years for this.

WB are literal retards if they don't fire Snyder.
>>
>>81063423
Yes, shill your heart out! This huge IP movie from a huge studio with a huge budget starring hugely famous actors really needs it!
>>
http://whatculture.com/film/batman-v-superman-13-biggest-blunders-zack-snyder-makes-that-completely-ruin-it.php

It’s here. After two-and-a-half years that have encompassed controversial casting, title changes, release date shuffling, one of the most divisive marketing campaigns of recent years and cries of major studio worries, Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice has been unleashed on the world. And it’s as bad as all the sceptics feared.
With big movies like this it’s usually hard to pin the blame on one person – moviemaking is a highly collaborative process and all manner of production issues can have an impact on the final product (it’s still unclear who was really behind the incompetent-on-all-levels Fant4stic). However, this dud appears to be all the fault of one man, a “filmmaker” lacking in all filmmaking skill and unable to balance what little creativity he has with studio mandates. That’s right, Batman V Superman’s failure is all on Zack Snyder.
I’ve already taken down the film in my full review, but now it’s time to hone in on its biggest problems and look at just how much he messed this up.
Spoilers will be kept to a minimum – there are naturally going to be some discussion of the plot and in doing so some elements will be revealed, but I’m avoiding details.
>>
>>81065859
Except it's not? Watch the movie and form our own opinion, you loser.
>>
>>81066033
>>81066033

Honourable Mention – The Trailers
This isn’t really the movie’s fault, and to his credit Snyder didn’t seem totally on board with the approach taken, but the marketing for Batman V Superman did it no favours; the third trailer revealed “surprise” villain Doomsday, and while the forth doubled back on that, it had its own share of extra footage too. That’s bad enough and could have been summarised pre-viewing, but it’s what happens after that really matters.
Without going into spoilers, the movie subscribes to the “One Shock” form of filmmaking – where most of the movie is spelled out in the marketing, but there’s a big element kept hidden (see Han Solo’s death, the Blofeld reveal or Jean and Scott being alive). While it doesn’t have much of an impact on the film’s quality itself, knowing pretty much every key beat makes it that bit harder to get immersed in.
>>
>>81066067
>>81066067
13. The Story Structure Is Absolutely Horrendous
The intrinsic problem with Batman V Superman as a film is that it simply doesn’t have a proper structure. From the very start, where we’re treated to no less than four disconnected opening sequences (only one of which ultimately feels necessary), it’s apparent that Snyder has too many plates spinning and is chucking out threads in a totally randomised order, and as we go along it only gets worse.
Sure, the story he’s trying to tell isn’t exactly that interesting, but he could have told it well; between obvious set-up, characters turning up in locations out of the blue and indiscernible time jumps it feels like a rough draft that isn’t ready to be filmed, let alone released. Studio meddling? Disagreements between writer and director? Snyder surrounding himself with yes men? Whatever the case, the fundamentals of Batman V Superman as a story aren’t there.
This doesn’t just make for an exasperating experience; the poor writing and editing eventually starts to pick itself apart. At one point a character reveals in the space of twenty seconds half a dozen astounding facts that all could count as proper movie-defining twists by themselves, yet the movie has got itself into a position where it can spend no time on them and has to barrel forward, leaving you questioning whether it was meant to be a big reveal at all.
>>
>>81066066
I saw the movie you retard and it was bad.
>>
I can't believe the amount of excuses people are giving this piece of garbage. It is a bad fucking movie. No one likes it. Get over it.
>>
Proof that Snyder has never read a Superman comic:

Knowing where he draws his power from, how would him being in a coffin would resuscitate him?
>>
>>81064688
Who could be this modern day hero? Who could follow Schumacher and rid us of capeshit for a decade? And which superhero would he use for the job?
>>
>>81066108
>>81066108

12. Few Of The Performances Leave An Impact

The cast for Batman V Superman is a very good collection of actors, and to their credit nobody’s turn as a comic icon is an all out stinker. Still, it’s a rather placid make up, and given that there’s bits of each performance that really hit the mark, it’s fair to blame bad direction rather than their care or interest.
Jeremy Irons is the main standout, able to deliver a cheeky emotive arc for Alfred in the short time he’s given, and in the subject of fairness I will say that Henry Cavill steps it up from Man Of Steel, with Superman beginning to embody what Superman represents (even if his Clark Kent is just the glasses, with none of the nuance of Reeve).
Thinking on it, the worst of the lot is Jesse Eisenberg’s Lex Luthor, simply because he’s so one-track and his angle of villainy is so woefully inconsistent. But, once again, the bigger point is the actors are smothered by the movie.
Even Ben Affleck, who everyone decided before the film was going to be a perfect Batman, is merely OK. An older Bruce Wayne who’s playboy and vigilante personas have almost merged, he’s driven by coiled anger and looks the part in the action sequences, but the film is so tight on what becomes his mission against Superman it’s impossible for him to really stretch his legs. Good, but we need to wait for The Batman to get proper Batfleck. Bale still rules.
>>
>>81066126
>No one likes it.

That's just flat out not true.
>>
>>81066154
>>81066154
11. It Gives Up On Being Man Of Steel Apology Halfway Through

Because Man Of Steel was so divisive, the trailers for its sequel, especially in the early days of the marketing put a lot of effort in showing this was righting wrong; the teaser really leaned into the backlash against the presence of a city-levelling god and the Comic-Con trailer painted the Battle of Metropolis as Batman’s key motivations.
This carries over into the movie at first, with Bruce Wayne’s daring escapades during General Zod’s attack really setting the scene. Or so you’d think – after about ten minutes this element is pretty much dropped; most of the Superman backlash comes from him being blamed for an entirely separate, much less interesting event that an eight year old could point out is clearly not his fault and Bruce’s motivations are muddied by further complications. When the two finally come to blows, the previous movie may as well not have happened.
Not leaning on Man Of Steel – a movie that is better than Dawn Of Justice, but not by much – is fair enough; nobody wants to be reminded of past indiscretions while trying to look to the future. But don’t start an apology and give up halfway through.
This completely disregard is compounded in the finale, which sees just as much destruction levelled on Gotham as Metropolis in the original, with only cautionary comments about how it’s late at night, so the business district is mostly empty for respite.
>>
>>81066190
>>81066190

10. It Ignores Its Best Ideas

Faint praise here, but there are some good ideas in Batman V Superman; isolated moments of smarts that show some real ingenuity, but are sadly ignored by the film. Some non-spoiler ones that really stuck out for me were Diana Prince wincing as an oblivious, self-aggrandising Lex made coy statements about Zeus and Bruce Wayne lamenting in the ruins of Wayne Manor how he’s already older than his father, yet despite showing us the humanity beneath these icons, they were swiftly swept away, not used as later motivation or even given time to develop into a full character beat.
There’s plenty more, and they’re all treated in the same way. It’s not like the film couldn’t have taken the time to do them justice, it just doesn’t seem to really know what its got, instead running other less interesting but still curious concepts (a hearing about Superman’s autonomy) into the ground (and even then that’s without ever really getting to the heart of the issue).
It’s part of the bigger issue with the story, but the fact it runs throughout the film only goes to show how choppy everything is.
>>
>>81066227
>>81066227
9. It Can’t Craft An Ensemble

Between a villain, two main heroes, a side heroine and a handful of key supporting characters, Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice has an ensemble that just about rivals The Avengers in terms of size. And, all the seeding of future projects and “first time ever on screen” hype aside, it’s the handling of the cast that hammers home just how much weaker than Joss Whedon’s Marvel parallel this is.
There are three main character threads – Bruce, Lex and Clark – that are cut between in the first hour or so, but they each progress seemingly at random meaning that while there’s balance, there’s no coherence. Playing any plot by itself would reveal a jagged narrative with logic leaps and assumptions galore, while the key moments of interaction are messy. Bruce and Clark meet at a party, giving a chance for a verbal sparring match, but there’s so much else going on with the characters that it doesn’t gel, while the first encounter between the duo in their costumes comes out of nowhere and is over before the impact of what’s going on can sink in.
Everything feels disconnected, like two or three different movies have been edited alongside each other; Wonder Woman is in the background of all this and her scenes not interacting with Bruce Wayne could happen just about any time. Justice League has a lot of issues to fix, but this is the biggest.
>>
>>81066066
Watch it for yourself you loser. It is definitely worse. I'd put it between Green Lantern and MOS.
>>
File: Capture.png (194KB, 767x356px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
194KB, 767x356px
Down another point.
>>
>>81065183
>It pretty much broke 350 worldwide already with presales

It didn't.

The 350 figure comes from WB; it's a projection based on what they were expecting for movies in the same genre and some coke-math someone came up with.

The Fandango presales were $25m when news of this terrible, terrible trainwreck broke. There's two ways of looking at that - it's a record (for Fandango, which is a relatively new service) so you could call it "record presales", but on the other hand it's *just* Fandango. It doesn't tell you how other presales are going (eg direct through the theater chains) and it doesn't tell you anything about the audience who are preordering themselves; they could be all the people who are likely to pre-order, they could be all the comic book readers (and then some), they could be largely fictitious entities who cancel, whose orders don't exist or whose orders are being used to grab a headline, as part of some kind of scam. Not that anybody's saying that they're not real people - just that they could be fictitious.

The problem with that is that the US (and Canada) are the "domestic" market. The domestic share of this kind of movie is usually equal to the entire overseas share when looking at the gross, because of factors like population and different costs of living. If pre-orders in the US are $25m, that means the entire rest of the world is spending $325m, which is an absurd amount - more than almost any movie makes internationally, but said to be for the first weekend alone! So it's clearly not a preorder figure but something the studio are hoping will happen, and that's with favorable reviews and strong word of mouth.

For a movie that's hoping for an opening weekend in excess of $100m domestically, $25m preorders is good - unless it represents almost everybody who actually ends up seeing the movie that weekend. Just because it's high doesn't mean the movie will do well long term, or even over the weekend.
>>
>>81066249
>>81066249

8. If There’s An Attempt To Give Style Substance, It Doesn’t Work

One thing I mused after the Final Trailer for the movie hit was that Snyder may be showing some actual creativity and was shooting scenes featuring the individual heroes differently, with Batman shot guerrilla style and Superman having a more grandiose feel, visually representing the character’s different ideologies and adding another layer to their ultimate fight. This is kinda there a bit in the movie, to the point where some reviews cite the stylistic distinction between Gotham and Metropolis as the movie’s main saving grace.
But, really, I just don’t see it. The two cities feel pretty indistinct when we’re in them – only the slums of Gotham or the towers of The Big Apricot give a sense of place and they’re only in certain scenes – while Larry Fong has filmed things in a very standard manner no matter which character we’re currently following.
It certainly doesn’t look like Snyder’s tried to do anything more than create comic panel-esque shots, something he’s been doing for a decade now and has been the cause of the style over substance cries. And if he has tried to advance that, he’s not succeeded
>>
>>81066190
Except that the whole cripple plotline is based on the Metropolis event.
>>
File: batman-art-example.jpg (87KB, 526x382px) Image search: [Google]
batman-art-example.jpg
87KB, 526x382px
>be a huge Batman fan since being a small child
>Keatonbats looked ridiculous in action due to technological constraints and was pretty silly
>Kilmerbats had no personality and was attached to a shit movie, same problems as Keaton bats
>Clooneybats actually existed
>Batman Begins was a pretty good version, but still didn't quite look the part
>TDK Balebats had a ridiculous voice, couldn't fight, had no cave, had the worst suit of the lot and basically became a swat guy with a cape
>TDKR was somehow even worse, especially in broad daylight, by this point Gotham was just Manhattan

>we finally get an awesome Batfleck, with all the gravitas, the crazy, the sick moves, the intimidation, the right suit, the right car, the right cave, the right alfred, the right public personality
>he's attached to a shit Snyder movie that might well kill that version of the character in it's infancy

Jesus christ. All I want is a good Batman movie that actually has a reasonable accurate version of Batman in it, a few Batfamily characters and a good version of Gotham. Why is this so hard? If this movie tanks I might be waiting another decade now.
>>
>>81066273
>>81066273
7. It Patently Misunderstands Audience Investment

A big part of the allure of Batman V Superman is, well, seeing Batman and Superman fight. That title is one of the easiest sells in cinematic history. However, not only is it a bit of a marketing lie (to that in a bit), it’s the only thing that gets you invested in the showdown itself.
There’s a game-changing point early on in the second act where a character reportedly disappears, but due to those editing issues is never actually offscreen for more than a couple of scenes at a time. As a result, when they make a triumphant return and other character’s are overjoyed, as an viewer you’re just left with a feeling of confusion; were we actually meant to believe they’d gone and, more importantly, should their return be an emotional highpoint?
It was at this moment something hit me; I don’t care about these characters. Oh, I’m eternally interested in Bats, Supes, Wonder Woman, Lex et al, but these versions, through the various cases of poor handling I’ve already gone through, I didn’t care about the people on screen, despite the film begging me to.
>>
>>81062024
Please people make this movie underperform, we don't deserve more shit by Hack Snyder
>>
>>81066190
>This carries over into the movie at first, with Bruce Wayne’s daring escapades during General Zod’s attack really setting the scene.

This was actually really good. Easily the best part of the movie
>>
>>81066308
>>81066308
6. Batman And Superman Kill… A Lot

“I won’t kill you. But I don’t have to save you.” With that one line Christopher Nolan somewhat unwittingly introduced a get-out clause that has had a toxic influence on all subsequent appearances of famous non-killers Batman and Superman. In the later instalments of The Dark Knight Trilogy, the Caped Crusader committed several acts that would most probably result in the victim being killed and was active in the death of Talia al Ghul and her truck driver, then Man Of Steel Superman was defined by his snapping of Zod’s neck.
But those look morally clear compared to what’s in Batman V Superman. Suggestive dream sequences aside (where this sort of thing can allow for an interesting assessment of the characters), throughout the film the duo are carelessly behind a raft of murders; Superman does it in his first scene and Batman barrels about in his Batmobile blowing up cars and tricking goons into shooting each other.
The “one rule” ethos is passingly raised too, so it’s not like Snyder’s presenting alternate versions of these heroes either; it’s complete and utter oversight, a laziness to not commit to some of the character’s most base traits. Comic accuracy isn’t always need to make a great comic book film (see Iron Man 3), but this element is just too integral to miss.
>>
>>81062658
THIS. Millennials don't care about superman, he's not a popular figure except for ageing baby boomers. Deadpool is a much more popular character in the younger segments and has been for a while.
Warner was fucked the day they hired Snyder & Goyer anyway.
>>
>>81066321

I'd be shocked if he wasn't already fired. He had Goyer as a shield last time but now he has nowhere to hide
>>
>>81066331
>>81066331
5. It Constantly Relies On Hackneyed Filmmaking Tricks

As if the film wasn’t already scattershot enough, Snyder chose to bring in some well-worn filmmaking tropes into Dawn Of Justice that only serve to highlight his complete lack of skill bordering on incompetence; there are four dream sequences, two detailed flashbacks to things we saw earlier in the movie and a major plot development delivered through montage. Now there’s nothing wrong with leaning on techniques like this – they are established because they can work – but the way Snyder employs them just comes across as insulting.
Each of the dream sequences is segued into as if it’s real, leading to a “Oh, it was all fake” reveal that feels cheap, especially given how everyone of them features things so unrealistic they obviously don’t fit in the world (and this is a world with rampaging Kryptonian mutants). The two flashbacks exist only to hammer home obvious reveals that only a passive audience member wouldn’t get. And having what is meant to be such an important thread rushed over in two minutes means the late attempt at emotional involvement is further weakened. Thoughtless.
>>
Holy shit. It was at 33% yesterday. It blows my mind a movie of this caliber can end up being this fucking atrocious. What could they possibly have done so wrong. Did Batman go around and start killing babies?

There is absolutely no fucking way they're Letting Zack The Hack direct Justice League. It just wont happen.
>>
>>81066254
I have and it's better than AoU, the Thor movies and Iron Man 2 and 3. Worse than Winter Soldier, GotG and Iron Man 1, but the only reason you can place it lower than AoU is if your a Marvel shill. BvS has a lot of problems, but it's nowhere as forgettable as the lesser movies of the Marvel collection.
>>
>>81066364
>>81066364
4. The Justice League Set-Up Is Atrocious

Batman V Superman is also the Dawn Of Justice, and thus has a few scenes that aim to lay the groundwork for DC’s massive, Marvel-aping universe. And while it’s not the worst title element (that’s the “V”), it is an utterly perfunctory one.
I’m not going to elaborate on how these future stars fit into the movie, but it’s tangential at best, with their scenes clearly part of a studio-mandated redraft and minimal effort made to ensure they fit. You could cut out everything pertaining to The Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg and not alter the bigger movie at all; in fact, it’d probably be a more focused piece.
Look, I get it – DC needs to build this world. But it needs to be a world, not this fragmented run of glorified trailers for movies years away from release. Marvel aren’t exactly the most subtle with their seeding of future movies, but bar Iron Man 2 and the cave in Avengers: Age Of Ultron there is an effort to at least tie it into the plot.
>>
>>81066391
Oh fuck off. Thor 1 was waaay better than this piece of shit
>>
I'm actually happy that these reviews lowered my expectations before going to the movie, because holy fuck I'd be livid right now if I went to see it at full hype. Shit was just bad.

I'm still pretty sad and disappointed, but in retrospect my mood could be worse.
>>
>>81065787
>>81065752
they blew their biggest thing too early.
>>
>>81066394
>>81066394
3. Doomsday Is Nothing More Than Deus Ex Machina

Mentioning Doomsday – in terms of his origins, impact on the plot and the fact he’s in the movie at all – should have counted as a spoiler, but he’s in the trailer, so is complete fair game. And what a mess he is.
I don’t necessarily have a problem with him being a product of Lex Luthor experimenting with General Zod’s corpse. It makes sense in the world (ish) and is a nice little meta parallel to the character’s comic origins; he was created by DC with the singular purpose of killing Superman, and that’s the exact reason why Lex has crafted his “devil”. And that he could be best described as Dumbsday, looking to have the intelligence of a Lord Of The Rings cave troll, is likewise not a major issue; the important element is brute strength. He’s also fairly well set up, teased throughout the movie’s first half.
The problem is that in the movie he’s for the most part an empty character used as a deus ex machina to bring the Trinity together, never becoming more than a grunt. There’s a vague attempt to bring some of his key comic book traits to the screen, but they’re disregarded a moment after they’re raised, with characters explicitly ignoring things they’ve just learned as they take him on.
>>
>>81066264
and that user score is dropping awful fast

it had 99% want to see on 100k+ users just 24 hours ago, now it's down to 78% liked and clearly still counting that original 100k
>>
>>81066435
>>81066435
2. The Motivations For The Fight Are Laughable

Although it seems like such an obvious concept, Batman and Superman have rarely come to blows in the comics. There’s a plethora of reasons why this plot device hasn’t been used, but the biggest has to be that finding a reason for them to fight that allows them to pick up the pieces after is so tricky it’s not really worth the thrill. The main notable case is Frank Miller’s The Dark Knight Returns, which loosely (very loosely) inspired the movie, and that was set well in the future.
Still, with almost three years to work on it you’d think at the very least Zack Snyder would have come up with a solid reason for what is, lest we forget, the title moment of the film. Ha, nope!
Batman’s motivations are muddled by later events, but even his key driving factor only makes sense if we accept Bruce Wayne as a reactive moron. Superman’s are harder to take serious, with everything in his stroy preceding the fight rendered moot by a couple of suddenly introduced factors. It’s not helped by how “fight night” comes kinda out of nowhere, but that can’t explain that, when they finally come face to face, neither character seems to want to be in the fight. And neither do the audience.
>>
>>81066391
People didn't like Iron Man 2?

I don't know maybe I've got weird taste, I liked all the Iron Man movies (3 to a lesser extent definitely) and I had fun with AoU, but Thor I can agree that they are take or leave films.

I actually came to this thread to see if I could see a spoiler. I haven't seen Man of Steel and can't bring myself to care enough to see BvS. It's not that I hate DC or Superman, just, I've got stuff going on, and I don't know that I want to pay to sit for 2 hours when I really don't care...

Wikipedia Plot Synopsis will keep me happy I think, maybe Aquaman will be good?
>>
>>81062817
The Force Awakens has a happy ending. Why compare it with BvS? Is TFA your only metric for movies?
>>
>>81066391
It really, really isn't better than AoU.

Don't get me wrong AoU is fucking shit, but this movie was somehow even more badly paced and had even more terrible CGI in the final battle. Stop acting like it's a company war, I like both Marvel and DC and I want them to do good. I can admit when a MCU movie is bad and I do the same with DC.
>>
>>81066410
Hiddlestone was literally the only good thing about it. Everything else was shit.
>>
>>81066436
I think this really might be THE blunder.
Even imdb is dropping.
>>
>>81065943
Alien and Predator were big, and are considered modern classics of their respective genres. But there's a huge amount of people who either never saw them or even never heard of them. Fucking everyone from Poortugal to Sibiri knows who Bats and Supes are.
>>
File: 1458783766829.jpg (256KB, 974x1104px) Image search: [Google]
1458783766829.jpg
256KB, 974x1104px
>>
He deserved this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwXfv25xJUw
>>
>>81066463
>>81066463
1. The Fight Is Nothing More Than A Playground Brawl

Zack Snyder can direct action. It’s what made his name with 300 and remains the one thing he’s universally praised for. So even if the reasons for the big versus are flippant, at the least he’d be able to craft a good sequence? Even bigger ha, even bigger nope!
There’s about a minute of the sequence that works, presenting you with an unclear power balance and Batman using as many gadgets as his belt will hold. But it’s sandwiched between a booby trap sequence that would have been laughable in the Adam West era and an extended sequence in a drab location that uses every contrivance in the book to keep the fight going and results in the “greatest gladiator match in the history of the world” becoming two people punching back and forth. There’s no sense this is Batman or Superman being Batman or Superman – they’re forced by the lazy writing to be restrained.
But what really hurts is the resolution. We all knew #WhoWillWin was a bit of misnomer, but no amount of Trinity team up images could have prepared me for how one-note the conclusion would be. It actually uses one of the “Oh, cool” moments I mentioned earlier, but doesn’t take it anywhere interesting and leaves the whole film empty.

THERE. A BREAKDOWN OF WHY IT SUCKS BY SOMEONE THAT KNOWS COMICS AND ISN'T A TRADITIONAL CRITIC. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW OR WAS HE BRIBED BY DISNEY TOO?
>>
>>81066493
objectively wrong.
>>
>>81066391
I don't even consider it better than the worst of MCU. Yeah you heard me, Iron Man 2 was more enjoyable than this shit. Call me a shill all you want. The movie was a disaster and I was happy when it finally ended. .
>>
I like Marvel and DC, but I will say DC has the worse fanbase therefor they deserved this.
>>
>>81066487
It has memorable moments unlike AoU, which already makes it better. I don't care if AoU had better pacing if leaving the theatre there was nothing to discuss about the movie. Most of my friends are casual Marvel fans and they didn't have one thing to say about it except that "well, we saw it"
>>
>>81066487
This. It's on a whole other level of 'bad. I'm amazed. How did they do it?
>>
>>81066576
BvS is a bad bad bad movie though. It was a mess.
>>
>>81066520
I know Affleck's going to tear shit up and steer his Batman in the right direction, but Cavill's just too nice for this. Screw Snyder.
>>
>>81066576
Vision was more memorable than anything in BvS in my opinion. I also got more joy from the hammer party scene than from anything in BvS.

Whatever man, taste is subjective. Both movies were bad in my opinion, but I thought BvS was worse and less memorable.
>>
>>81066603
well Affleck was the best part of the movie.
>>
>>81066576
God am I out of the loop, my friends and I loved AoU. We kept talking about Scarlet Witch and Vision and what the plans were for the Hulk now and how lame him and Black Widow's romance was. What is happening to me? Where have I been?
>>
>>81066287
>>81066287

my feelings exactly
>>
File: 1456495491254.jpg (63KB, 600x591px) Image search: [Google]
1456495491254.jpg
63KB, 600x591px
>>81066603

>snyder killed any hope for man of murder 2
>no man from uncle 2
>miller will have his hands full with JUST league if he is given the reins
>a rushed batman will probably mess up the 2018 slate, pushing either flash, aquaman or both back if suicide squad 2 is a hit and they rush out a sequel as well

all I want is the aquaman movie after seeing his cameo and the rumoured man of steel 2 that introduced supergirl
>>
Hulk 2003 was better than BvS
Punisher 1989 was better than BvS
Blade Trinity was better than BvS
Howard the Duck was a better movie than BvS

I honestly believe this.
>>
I like Marvel movies more than DC, but I am a Batfaggot at heart and this movie really rustled me. Nothing wrong with Batfleck himself, he did well in the role, but everything else was shit and I don't want more of it.

Someone please fire Snyder.
>>
>>81066734
I hope someone murders Snyder and rapes his life. I think they deserve it at this point.
>>
>>81066733
I agree.
>>
>>81066762
wife*
>>
File: 1396120655338.jpg (29KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
1396120655338.jpg
29KB, 316x202px
>>81066733
Most of those are in the "so bad it's entertaining" category.

BvS was "so bad it's sad and disappointing" for me.
>>
>>81066730
George Miller for JL would be amazing though
If Del Toro or Miller end up spearheadng the DCEU because of this bomb, this mess might end up as a net positive
>Batman and Superman sacrificed themselves to try to make the DC film universe right again
Truly the greatest heroes of all time
>>
>>81066733
>I honestly believe this.
You are retarded then, or didn't saw the movie
It's solid 6/10
>>
>>81066730
>no man from uncle 2

Was it good?

>miller will have his hands full with JUST league if he is given the reins

If that ever happens he'll have it retooled for sure
>>
>>81066844
what has george miller even directed?
>>
File: 1327035804764.gif (275KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1327035804764.gif
275KB, 500x375px
>>81066433
Story of my life...
>>
>>81066862
>not knowing WB's 1000 year old ace in the hole
Mad Max was his latest work
>>
>>81066862
Nigger, really? He did the Mad Max movies.
>>
>>81066665

AoU was actually a pretty decent movie, but some people objected to the Whedon-writing (which often uses sarcasm and humor) and so it's been getting shit on for about, what, half of a year on /co/ by /tv/ posters/DC fanboys. It got to the point people just stopped trying to argue it because you get tired.
>>
>>81066844

man from uncle was good, vikander was cute and cavill was great, it had a tepid box office though and it was released in the same year that had spy, mission impossible and spectre as competition for spy movies but also had kingsmen the previous year
>>
>>81066908
Huh, it's weird to think I'm out of the loop with my old boards.

Life man, it sneaks up on you.
>>
>>81066862
All Mad Max films, and he wanted to make Justice League Mortal
>>
>>81066887
So he's made Mad Max so that qualifies him to make DC movies? Check out his other films and there is some garbage in there. Are you sure you dont wanna play it more safe?
>>
File: GM1.jpg (58KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
GM1.jpg
58KB, 700x400px
SAVE US GEORGE MILLER!
DO SOMETHING WB!
>>
File: 519MBW3HVQL.jpg (50KB, 299x475px) Image search: [Google]
519MBW3HVQL.jpg
50KB, 299x475px
>>81066862

It makes me sick to me guts that there are people on this very board that don't watch essential swinecore
>>
>>81062024
Never compromise, not even in the face of armaggedon.
>>
>>81066908
Well I'm a MCUfag and I'll tell you that I was very disappointed by AoU. It had some good moments, but overall I felt like it was a big missed opportunity.

They promised a different kind of movie in the trailer and then didn't deliver.
>>
>>81066870
oh man, ask me about it.
I bought an onahole like 2 years ago, and I've only used it a few times. It shattered most of the confidence I had in my sexual performance, and it's a bitch to clean.
>>
I hope George Miller makes a good film. I like the Marvel Universe but even if I don't care about the DC stuff, a good movie coming out is always better than a shit one. Shame about BvS.
>>
The opening in Metropolis was good. Watching the Supe/Zod fight from ground level was fucking terrifying. Also that really unsettling noise the world engine makes. I did laugh when the plane flies into it and someone in the audience screamed, "Goodbye Colonel Stabler"!
>mfw
>>
>>81062134
>and word of mouth is also really good.
No, it very is not.
>>
>>81066977
Maybe that explains it, I didn't pay attention to the hype.
>>
File: Megan-Gale-Wonder-Woman-2.jpg (448KB, 1618x2128px) Image search: [Google]
Megan-Gale-Wonder-Woman-2.jpg
448KB, 1618x2128px
>>81066951

Say what you will about the cast, it'd have been a really fucking interesting movie
>>
>>81067024
>laughing when someone in the audience tries to be funny in the middle of a movie
Wow, you're an inconsiderate piece of shit.
>>
I just saw the ratings for Avengers and AoU, I consider them in the same tier. And Avengers having 90+ is a fucking joke and AoU doesn't deserve 70+. But BvS has no excuse to have 30 when critics give common denominator popcorn crap like Avengers and AoU high scores like that.
>>
>>81066733
Nah, not worse than Howard The Duck.
The others are debatable though.
(And Howard has the benefit of being much shorter.)
>>
>>81067024
Nothing is more funny than Scoot McNairy's character climbing Superman's statue that was hilarious
>>
>>81067051
>>81066977

Same here, I only saw the trailer like... once and that involved the "no strings on me" bit, and I enjoyed AoU.
>>
>>81067060
Not bad but I honestly prefer Gadot's suit.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu8u65ZxlaE

I feel like this review is pretty spot on when it comes to the strengths and weaknesses of the movie. Especially the part about BvS feeling like there were 5 different movies in it.
>>
>>81067060
why does she look so thin. Those bony-ass shoulders, not sexy at all.
I don't think a warrior bondage princess should look like that.
>>
>>81067097
I think the poor reviews are due to 3 things.

1. People are getting a bit fatigued with cape shit
2. The trailer hyped up the Batman vs Superman fight and it wasn't that great
3. The extra cameos from 3rd tier J-league members, didn't do anything, broke up the pacing
4. The movie was bad.
>>
>>81067097

Why doesn't it "deserve" that score, anon? Did you read the review that starts here?>>81066108

It got the score it deserved. It's not a good popcorn movie.
>>
>>81066844
Yeah, I loved the Man from U.N.C.L.E., pity people ignored it in favor of Mission Impossible (not that that movie was bad or anything, just an unfortunate release date)
>>
>>81067097
Believe it or not, BVS managed to be worse than any popcorn capeshit Marvel has released.
>>
>>81066951
>Immortan Joe could have J'onn
>J'onn stays white in human form
>Downside is we get more boring John instead of Hal for diversity
>>
File: manlet.jpg (125KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
manlet.jpg
125KB, 533x800px
>>81062134
MANLET
I am his size
>>
>>81067133

those pictures that leaked are just from fittings for the director, not the final design

>>81067161

she's a model, she packed on a few pounds for her role in fury road and she looked pretty good in it
>>
>>81062155
>>81062134
>>81062024
>While most critics found 2001 merely confusing or boring, some of the most renowned film theorists of the time gave it almost universally negative reviews. Andrew Sarris, a critic and film theorist generally “more concerned with the director’s attitude toward the spectacle than the spectacle itself,” was irked by Kubrick’s detached style of directing. In his initial review for the Village Voice on April 11, 1968, he dismissed 2001 as “a thoroughly uninteresting failure and the most damning demonstration yet of Stanley Kubrick’s inability to tell a story coherently and with a consistent point of view.”

>Although Pauline Kael publicly clashed with Sarris on several occasions, she shared his disdain for 2001, describing it as “trash masquerading as art.” In an essay entitled “Trash, Art, and the Movies,” Kael called the film “monumentally unimaginative” and “the biggest amateur movie of them all.” Her writings about 2001 make numerous references to its appeal among the counterculture and the “tribes” of youth who watched it under the influence of illegal substances.
>>
>>81065532
Yeah but so far BvS is jated by critics and fans and the only praises are by casuals who saw an early screening.
>>
>>81066844
UNCLE was pretty good. Cavill is gorgeous and his voice sounded like literal sex.
>>
>>81067123
Oooh! I forgot about the trailer! That song bit was pretty sweet.

I forgot how much I liked Ultron, he was crazy but Spader made him seem oddly likable. I felt bad for him, even when he cut off that one dudes hand, he clearly recognized he lost control. Weird, but I wanted to hug him and convince him it wasn't as bad as it seemed before he ripped me apart.
>>
>>81067236
Cavill isnt even that good looking.
>>
>>81066733
No.
Yes.
The same maybe.
Yes.
>>
>>81067267
he was in UNCLE.
>>
>>81066951
I just want Armie to play a superhero
>>
>>81067230
>>81067230
Oh you're right! Snyder is a misunderstood genius ahead of his time! The narrative was disjointed and nonsensical to represent the own chaos of existance that we can not escape. We can never know enough about the world around us to form a coherent story like we see in films and books, we just get random bits and pieces and have to slap them together as best as we can...
>>
>>81067222
idk, I don't like her. It's propably the mix of brf and skellington body, but I just don't like her.
>>
>>81067253

Are you me? Because that's legit why I liked the movie as well, Ultron really made the movie for me.
>>
>>81066433
Yeah this should have happened in Justice League part 3 or something, I mean it's a big deal moment in the comics after all.

Pretty sure if Marvel does it to Cap in Civil War it's going to hold more weight.
>>
Someone should make a picture of the largest compilation of movies that have a better score than BvS.
>>
>>81067267
Blasphemy
>>
>>81067295
Green Arrow
>>
>>81067345
Haha, man, now I need to go watch it again. Is it on Netflix?
Let's see if you are me, did you like Creed? I loved Creed, I think now Black Panther is the MCU movie I am more excited for, even more than Civil War.
>>
Honestly I want this movie to make enough so that we get to keep the cast (fuck Eisenberg though) but not enough so that Snyder gets BTFO and we get Miller or someone else who does want to do a Justice League movie.
>>
>>81067397
I dont see what that picture proves. Cleft chins are gross and his hairline is clearly receding like crazy.
>>
>>81067362
see that would have some weight, because we know and like the character.
in this movie, it feels like a redshirt who's first named appearance was at the beginning of this episode. It's like, oh noooo, Lt.Leslie, we loved you, alright on with the plot.
>>
File: napoleonsmirk.gif (427KB, 500x206px) Image search: [Google]
napoleonsmirk.gif
427KB, 500x206px
>>81067491
You, sir, have no taste
>>
>>81062134
>this denial
I watched the movie and well, it was "just ok", i liked a lot the new batman but fuck snyder messed up a lot of things, i don't want that hack in a dc movie again, how can you defend that guy anon?
>>
>>81067295
He's the Apollo to Tom Hardy's Midnighter
>>
>>81066862
How have you never heard of Tappy Toes?
>>
>>81067183
Your reading comprehension is poor. I was referring to all the people in this thread who say critics just don't give fun cape movies good reviews, when in reality it looks like the opposite. Why would the guy who gave weak shit like Avengers 5/5 suddenly decide to give Batman a 2/5 unless he honestly thinks it's the worst kind of crap?
>>
alright, so from what I gathered...everyone hates Superman now, just because. Bruce is an edgelord, Lex is literally autistic, and WW is just there. Supes "dies" at the end, and umm....yea.
>>
>>81067516
not to mention his bottom teeth are crooked
>>
>>81066287
That's why I say Marvel movies excel at being "not so bad" yet everyone shits on them. All a comic book movie has to do is manage not to fuck up a character too badly, yet directors keep doing just that.

Marvel movies are far from great. Age of Ultron was downright bad, after the whole marketing machine was done with. But compared to the movies you mentioned, Marvel is doing a-okay with its characters.
>>
>>BvS and Civil War
>>Both have a rich hero vs. a patriotic hero
>>Both have a senate exploding
>>Both have the patriotic hero dying in the end
Prepare for every fucking reviewer and web site person claiming that BvS and Civil War are the same film.
Fucking Honest Trailers.
>>
>>81067530
I'd be more than okay with this.
>>
File: 1438813514092.png (15KB, 754x406px) Image search: [Google]
1438813514092.png
15KB, 754x406px
>>81067267
Dis nigga serious?
>>
>>81067476
Do you think studio execs would see gradients of success like that? From the amount of investment and the notorious skittish conservative behavior of the people behind investments like this I figure if it isn't comparable to Avenger's success we see a scale down behind the other movies.

What would people rather have, more bad Snyder films or less DC stuff?
>>
>>81067573
Now you're just acting like an insecure teenage girl who's being compared to a cheerleader.
>>
>>81067575
>Age of Ultron was downright bad

It actually wasn't, though.
>>
The real question is... will BvS stay ahead of My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2?

31% vs 27% right now. It's gonna be a close one!
>>
So what was the point to killing Superman?

The whole thing felt really premature and anticlimatic, fuck we didn't even get enough time to get attached and care about his character. I feel like this would have much more impact if it happened in JL2 or something.
>>
>>81066951
Why Common for John? There were plenty of black actors. Better ones
>>
Do we ever get to see Ben shirtess in the movie? I remember seeing pics of him bulking up but he always had a shirt on. I wanna see how great his body as gotten for.. educational reasons.
>>
>>81067575
Hear Hear!
>>
>>81067669
Yeah, both him and Cavill have a shirtless scene.
>>
>>81067580
Honest Trailers suck shit at everything except the honest trailers. I don't even think they are called Honest Trailers, but it's the only thing I care about on that channel, so whatever.
>>
>>81067476
If the movies makes enough Snyder will still on the ship, looks like Warner just careas about money, why the didn't kicked out Snyder after MOS in the first place?
>>
>>81067656
I thought the movie with the chick in Greece was MBFGW2? Is the tv show canon to the films?
>>
>>81067702
I dont wanna see cavill shirtless.. he's no Ben.
>>
>>81067711
think ur talking about screenjunkies
>>
>>81067669
Settle down fag.
>>
File: 1420405500211.png (32KB, 381x339px) Image search: [Google]
1420405500211.png
32KB, 381x339px
>>81065451
>people unironically saying this
>>
>>81067728
cares*
why they*
>>
>>81067658
Maybe to make it so he isn't the central character in future team up movies? I think it's the writers admiting they don't know how to write Superman. He just towers over everyone else so much. Except for when he was developing his powers, he's a plot device more than a character.
>>
File: 657.png (109KB, 761x237px) Image search: [Google]
657.png
109KB, 761x237px
>>81065451
>>
>>81067638
I entertained myself by imagining the Ultron/Stark angsty shipfics and porn that probably exists somewhere on the internet. That and BW/Hulk pics by Sparrow.
>>
>>81067800
I actually liked that film.
>>
>>81067825
Are yo really spoiling the movie? seriously?
>>
>>81063159
I saw it too, someone should give a fucking book about dream language, fucker can't make them look like one.
>>
>>81067669
Yes. Bruce has a training montage where he's shirtless and Supes shows his abs when he makes breakfast for Lois.
>>
>>81067852
This entire thread is filled with spoilers without the spoiler txt. Calm yourself, where do you even think you are right now?
>>
>>81067740
Yeah them, everything else they do is equal parts cringe, wrong and stupid.
>>
>>81067852
there is even a webm in this very thread.
>>
>>81067914
The movie isnt even out yet
>>
File: Untitled.png (263KB, 579x411px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
263KB, 579x411px
>Kryptonian ship AI allows some random asshole to take control and make a forbidden abomination

>Luthor plans to kill the friendly but dangerous alien with a feral and even more dangerous alien

>Wonder Woman holding her own against Doomsday with a sword and shield
>Superman grabs a kryptonite spear and attacks Doomsday with it instead of bringing WW to the spear and telling her to use it

I generally liked the movie, but it's got too many characters being stupid for the sake of the plot. Unless these are explained and I missed it, which I admit is a possibility.
>>
>>81067953
Man, I cannot imagine the Superfan butthurt if WW killed Doomsday. It would be glorious.
>>
>>81067800
>>81067843
I honestly wasn't that bad. It bombed because no one had a fucking clue about what this was. The books are hilarious in a view into a 1910's hypocritical chauvinist racist's mind kind of way, but are also quality sci-fi fantasy adventure.
>>
>>81067953
I still don't get how Luthor made Doomsday using his blood and Zod.

Did I just zone out while they explained it or some shit?
>>
>Superman gets his powers and strength from sunlight.
>Has life-threatening and life-ending wound in the chest
>Doesn't heal in broad daylight
>Heals in a coffin, where the sun doesn't shine.

Jesus Christ, Snyder. At least put him in an open Casket.
>>
>>81067946
It is if you aren't an Amerifat.
>>
>>81068001

She does. The whole movie is trash.
>>
File: 1934753.jpg (29KB, 349x395px) Image search: [Google]
1934753.jpg
29KB, 349x395px
>some people unironically believes this
>>
>>81068020
It didn't help that it was named John Carter, which is just some guy's name. If they named it "A Princess of Mars" or something like that it'd help people figure out that yeah, it's about Mars
>>
>>81062024
best movie of the year
oscar for luthor and hans and company
>>
>>81068069
Yeah, I didn't get that, either.

>>81068073
This is why I was legitimately thinking they might leave him dead until some other source of comic book magic would bring him back in Justice League. It doesn't really make sense for him to be dead for so long and then suddenly get better for seemingly no reason.
>>
>>81068148
This picture is going to need several updates

It's down to 77% now
>>
>>81068069
He used green Nickelodeon goop from yellow barrels with radiation symbols. Like all respectable mad scientists when they create a mutant monster.
>>
>>81068149
There was a rumor that Disney took the failure of Mars Needs Moms to mean that people don't want movies about Mars, so they changed the title from John Carter of Mars to just John Carter. Don't know if that's true, but it's hilarious if it is.
>>
>>81068241
Read this, I think it's a good guess at what they may be doing

.>>81067793
>>
>>81068241
>This is why I was legitimately thinking
>thinking
well, there's your problem. You're trying harder than Zacks Nyder.

>>81068269
No, Disney and most of the production crew wanted 'Of Mars', but the director thought everyone knew who he was, and fought very hard not to put it (I think he also produced the movie)
>>
>>81068148
No, the word you're looking for is "ironically". The character in that picture is a deluded brainwashed fool regurgitating what's whispered in his ear.
>>
>>81068269
That, is really fucking funny.

Question, would BvS have been better if Bat and Superman admitted after their fight that it was just sexual tension and fucked each others brains out? Like nothing but dick in mouth, dick in ass, cumshot on Supermans chest for 10 minutes.
>>
File: 1411603904296.jpg (19KB, 380x254px) Image search: [Google]
1411603904296.jpg
19KB, 380x254px
>That Flash cameo/"dream" sequence
For a second I thought it was Red Hood.
>>
>>81068148
needs the 9gag logo.
>>
>>81068269
Dafuq? Amazingly arbitrary if true.

>>81068333
lol, what was that like?
>No guys!
>I'm telling you!
>Everyone reads pre WW1 pop lit!
>Guys?
>>
File: received_10204837283526542.jpg (31KB, 766x380px) Image search: [Google]
received_10204837283526542.jpg
31KB, 766x380px
This guy gave me a visit last night and told to me to lay my fears down and embrace the beauty of the chin vs. the curl. Critics can't stop the train.
>>
>>81068344
>34 porno with a 300 mil budget starring real actors playing the real characters
I want this. I don't care if they don't have the biggest dicks, acting is more important and average sized men make it more relatable and realistic anyway.
>>
So was I the only one who couldn't stop laughing at the ridiculous guitar riff accompanying Wonder Woman every time she is on screen in costume?
>>
>>81068141
Now I HAVE to see the movie.
>>
File: 13735645356.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
13735645356.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>81068509
Just go watch one of the Fast and Furious movies in France.
>>
>>81068569
It was cheesy, but I still liked it somehow.
>>
>>81068333
wow the director screw up the movie. i didn't knew the character and I think many people also don't know john carter. what a dummie
>>
I just saw it. DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE. It is shit, pure shit, and Zack Snyder gets 10% gross. He should not be in charge of the DCEU after this and if he's still there, fuck WB and fuck this whole franchise.
>>
>>81068626
He's lying.

>>81068569
At risk of sounding like Snyder, no that riff is kickass. I've been listening to the "Is She With You" track since it leaked.
>>
>Practically a total shill for the movie
>"J-just you wait guys, it'll be good, give it a chance!"
>And now we're here
I don't even know what to do at this point. Do I get angry? Go into denial? Do I admit I was fucking wrong and eat my hat? Do I try to go away quietly and become a Marvelfag?

I'm just depressed at this point. Send help.
>>
>>81068569
It was fine once, but when it kept happening over and over again it became ridiculous
>>
>>81068782
>I've been listening to the "Is She With You" track since it leaked.
link?
>>
>>81068838
It's officially out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S176AKQhcCk

Regardless of how I'll think of the movie. I think I'll still enjoy the music so there's that.
>>
>>81068838
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JmdxVR-S0U
>>
>>81068806
You should have expected it to be shit. Have you learned nothing? That way each movie is either exactly what you expected or a pleasant surprise.
>>
>>81068806
>Do I admit I was fucking wrong and eat my hat?
Don't matter what you do here. Just pretend you were a marvel fag the whole time and predicted this was going to be shit from the start. That anon who once had hope for BVS is no more.
>>
>>81068938
>>81068782
It's not a bad riff, but I thought it was mismatched with the footage and character of Wonder Woman in the movie. It just came off as strange.
>>
>>81068965
I have to admit that worked wonders for Zootopia.
>>
>>81068936
Man, I really dislike Zimmer. Everything of his sounds the same. The only thing I like of him is the Kai Song from Kung Fu Panda 3.

I am a Jazz fan, though, so I usually like groovier stuff to powerful stuff.
>>
>>81068806
>I don't even know what to do at this point. Do I get angry? Go into denial? Do I admit I was fucking wrong and eat my hat? Do I try to go away quietly and become a Marvelfag?
>I'm just depressed at this point. Send help.
Just don't start trolling like: "BvS is better than all MCU movies"
"people just can't like superhero movies that aren't marvel kids comedy"
>>
File: Judy Hopps driving.gif (1MB, 600x361px) Image search: [Google]
Judy Hopps driving.gif
1MB, 600x361px
>>81069026
Zootopia was also a good movie though.
>>
>>81069023
To me it sounds like it could fit in 300, and Snyder's WW is basically a Spartan, so I'll have to see how it goes over.
>>
>>81068806

I'm just going to wait in the corner and hope that aquaman and flash not only turn out good but aren't pushed back to 2020
>>
>>81068806
Just move on. We're anonymous here, this isn't IMDB where people can harass you for your post history.
>>
>>81069070
Why does everyone use him? I imagine there's a drove of classically trained composers out there who would love to get their hands on that sweet comic boo movie money.
>>
>>81066158
>*No one but shills like it
fixed
>>
>>81069092
Definitely. That's why going in with low expectations worked so great on it. That was a very nice surprise.
>>
>>81069343
Well, producers/directors ask for something sounding like 'Zimmer' and they are bound to bring him so they aren't accused of copying his style. Plus he's safe and can match the tone of scenes, even if he's repetitive.

Music direction skills is something that either directors have or they don't, and the ones that do are fucking great.

James Gunn is the example that comes to mind (and I mean the OST, not the awesome mix), but JJ Abrams fucking sucks at it. I left the theatre thinking John Williams had composed no new stuff, with how blantantly used the old stuff but the new stuff was so hidden.
>>
>>81069351
Also not true.
>>
>>81069499
I can't believe it's still at 99%.
>>
>>81069516
> I left the theatre thinking John Williams had composed no new stuff, with how blantantly used the old stuff but the new stuff was so hidden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfWd1F3Et70

I thought this was pretty memorable.
>>
>>81069070
>Alex's Theme
>Madagascar 2 Score in general
>>
>>81069521
It is considering you exist. :^)
>>
>>81062024
>not over yet edition

HAHAHAAAHAAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAAA
sorry just came to post this, you guys are idiots
>>
>>81069727
I haven't even seen it. :^)
>>
>>81066625
I can actually believe that. Isn't he a huge Batman fanboy himself?
>>
>>81062024
>The audience will love it
You what else the audiences loved? Age of Quiptron.
>>
>>81069685
Yeah, that one is the exception. The whole soundtrack is a bit inferior to both the originals and the prequels, honestly. But the movie made no attempts to elevate it and make it memorable. Every important moment he falls back to the original theme. Rey's theme is fucking beautiful and very fitting of a female Jedi, but I don't remember having heard it in the cinema.

>>81069715
A bit more interesting, but I really don't like Pop. The violins are nice, but cliche as fuck. Haven't heard the rest of the soundtrack, though. Kai's theme still stands, for now.
>>
>>81069817
You say that, but the biggest problems of BvS are the same of AoU turned to 11 - bad pacing, bad editing, out of place villain, sequel hooks and out of place dream sequences. Except with Biblical references instead of quips.

At least Whedon wrote a better Superman with Vision. When Whedon writes a better earnest character than you, you've really fucked up.
>>
File: 1360285371702.jpg (405KB, 1650x1271px) Image search: [Google]
1360285371702.jpg
405KB, 1650x1271px
>Think the critics and their complaints are retarded

>Still pretty sure the movie will disappoint me

I hope the movie makes enough bank to ensure future films while the bad reviews convince them to can Snyder and replace him and some other higher ups with more competent film makers

This is the best case scenario

Oddly enough despite all the shit that I think will suck, I saw a leaked clip of Wonder Woman's entrance and oddly though it was cooler than anything I've seen in any other superhero movie.
>>
>>81069966
Wow, I like you
>>
>>81070450
Aw, chucks. London?
>>
>>81070148
>a leaked clip of Wonder Woman's entrance
that's the trailer.
literally everything of note is in the trailer.
>>
>>81070148
It actually is the best case scenario. If BvS doesn't even make money, DC is just doomed. In fact, they would be failing something that even Bayformers can pull off 4 times, and 5 next year.
>>
>>81067060
Whoa. I love the motif of this suit. Feels very Greek to me.

Honestly the Amazons in WW look too "MCU Thor" to me.
>>
>>81065361
Superman hasn't been super popular since like the 80s
>>
>>81066936
Man of UNCLE was not 'good'. Good as in it was JUST good enough with style over substance for it to be not a shit movie.
>>
>>81071558
Sure it was. It was a perfectly good. The plot made sense, it was paced, well shot, characters were nice. It doesn't have to revolutionize the 7th art to be good anon.

Also, music direction was on fucking point.
>>
>>81062600
Deadpool marketing was phenomenal though, and people really wanted a good R movie and finally a Deadpool movie that did justice to Wolverine Origins.

Really not that surprising if you think about it.
>>
>>81068149
There's already a Princess of Mars movie; the Asylum made it, back before they were owned by the same people as Legendary.

It's bretty gud. More of a feature length Star Trek episode than a real movie, but not terrible.
>>
File: Not_even_mad.jpg (51KB, 676x858px) Image search: [Google]
Not_even_mad.jpg
51KB, 676x858px
>>81068965
> tried this with TMNT reboot
> it worked
>>
>>81068503
please tell me that isn't who I think it is
>>
>>81063687
Zack, you need to learn how to make a film from the ground up again, dude. BvS story telling, pacing and theme was a complete mess not to mention all those unnecessary symbolism, you direct superheroes genre film not some religion film.

This is why I'm worried when Terrio mention Morrison name when he write the script.
Thread posts: 429
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.