[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you the Ovatar, Ong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 46

File: Katara_und_Sokka.jpg (105KB, 617x619px) Image search: [Google]
Katara_und_Sokka.jpg
105KB, 617x619px
Are you the Ovatar, Ong?
>>
OVAtar?
>>
I heard that they were whitewashed, but Jesus those people are really white.
>>
>>81050363
Why is Sokka buff instead of lanky?
>>
File: GandhyWHY.gif (107KB, 175x131px) Image search: [Google]
GandhyWHY.gif
107KB, 175x131px
I still can't understand how could they do that? how?
Then I remember that they're the minds behind Korra's train wreck and all makes sense....
>>
>>81050511
Bryke had little to do with this trainwreck though, They just handed everything to shamalamadingdong and he ruined it for them.

Not that Bryke didn't fuck up LoK or anything. Just placing blame where it belongs.
>>
>They seriously thought this was getting a sequel
>>
>>81050451
I'm the whitest person on year literally, and yet those people make me feel tan.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 250x362px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 250x362px
>General Eero
>>
And let's not forget that most of the villains were dark-skinned.

I'd call it racist, but Shyamalan is himself an Indian.
>>
>>81050802
He's a self-hating Indian.

And don't fucking call them Asain, I fucking hate it when they call Indians Asians.
>>
File: what.png (17KB, 493x319px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
17KB, 493x319px
>>81050511
Yeah, I'm just...did these people watch even ONE episode of the TV series? It's like they were just handed pictures of the characters and synopses of the major episodes of the first season, and told to make a movie out of it.
>>
>>81050802
He's still done a surprising amount of racist shit
>The Mexican security in Devil who thought jelly on toast was the sign that Satan was near
>Passing off the bullshit mythos in The Lady in the Water as actual Korean myth
>After Earth perpetuating the stereotype that black people are terrible actors
>>
It was never going to work in that format. Far too much happens even within book 1 to fit a movie and still have the integrity. You'd need LOTR-esque multi-part three hour films to do the show justice.

Not that there wasn't a shit ton else that was done badly, just that it was doomed from the get go.
>>
>>81050880
>After Earth perpetuating the stereotype that black people are terrible actors
Fuck you for making me smile.
>>
>>81050867
It's way worse, Schlama Llama's kids love the show and he often watched it with them, and rewatched the whole thing beginning to end when he got the job of directing the movie.

All those changes are things he thinks are legitimate improvements.

I'm pretty sure he made the Fire Nation indians because they're his favorite nation and he thinks they were right.
>>
Did you know Wikipedia has a list of films considered the worst?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_considered_the_worst
The Last Airbender is on it.
>>
>>81050363

They never really had a chance with this, the moment Shyamalan got his hands on it it was fucking doomed. More doomed than the Titanic carrying Groo through an astroid belt being chased by Liam Neeson. Thats how screwed they were when Shyamalan got on board to direct. The real question was were they always screwed? If Shyamalan was signed on way WWAAAY before he showed signs of being a fucking nutcase, like years before production started, which does happen with movies. Then Avatar was doomed from the start and they just didnt know it. They were locked in with a director and by the time they found out the pilot was on crazy pills they were already halfway to the shit show. Or, also possibly, they needed a bomb. I know none of you will fucking believe this but Hollywood producers sometimes NEED a movie to bomb, hard. They actually save their companies with insurance by having movies bomb hard. If Shyamalan was signed on at the last second, right when it was going into production, then they didnt just want a bomb, they planned on it.

Whatever the answer was it doesnt matter. Shyamalan killed it, killed any chance of a future movie, hell almost killed the franchise.
>>
>>81050823
If a country is in Asia, the people from that country are Asian.
>>
>>81050454
Actor wanted to play Zuko.
>>
File: Tulitorilla tavataan.png (248KB, 527x370px) Image search: [Google]
Tulitorilla tavataan.png
248KB, 527x370px
>>81050785

>Eero, an Estonian and Finnish masculine given name.
>>
>>81050920
>Did you know Wikipedia has a list of films considered the worst?
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_considered_the_worst
>list of films considered the worst
>List_of_films_considered_the_worst

You copy/pasted that, you lazy faggot,
>>
>>81051134
I don't really see a problem with that.
>>
File: 1311704000383.png (159KB, 435x419px) Image search: [Google]
1311704000383.png
159KB, 435x419px
So the other day I was drunk and wanted to suffer, so I rewatched this movie.

It is just as bad as it used to be. The stilted dialogue, the bored performances from every actor, the way Aang always looks like he's holding in a huge shit when he delivers lines.

Everything about the movie is garbage. The fight scenes are overly long they become boring. The CGI looks like shit. I hate and love this movie so much.
>>
Question: I don't remember it well but was anybody actually defending this movie?

Like even F4stic had it's mediocrum of defenders
>>
>>81051134
This is bait.
I refuse to believe someone would get butthurt over something so stupid.
>>
>>81051258
>was anybody actually defending this movie?
Does Shyamalan count?
>>
>>81051258
The only people that cared enough to go see it were Avatar fans, and this movie shits on Avatar fans.
>>
>>81051258
No.

It was all hate. All the time.

It was a terrible experience for everyone.

We got some laughs out of it, though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHi1zaN0ooc
>>
>>81050823
Yeah I know. Not like India is in Asia.
>>
>>81050363
Why op, why? Why must you do things to make me hate you? I have been trying to forget.
>>
>>81051345
We must never allow ourselves to forget, lest it happen again.
>>
>>81051377
>implying anything Avatar-related will get made in any media sans-comics again.
>>
>>81051258

Yes and no.

When this movie was coming out there were days where half the board was Avatar and Avatarfags acting as if the show was perfect and flawless.

It was so easy to rile them up by defending this movie and a lot of us took the opportunity.
>>
>>81051304
Oh I remember this. This was fantastic
>>
>>81051403
Seems like what's happening with the PPG reboot.
>>
Too be fair, if you spell a name "Aang" it should really ought to be called "Ong".
That's just Bryke not knowing how to spell
>>
>>81051304
>AAANG AAANG JUST ONCE.
>>
>>81051521
How's your next flop coming along, Shyamalan?
>>
>>81050802
>>81050823
It's actually because Shyamalan loved the Fire Nation on the show so much and Zuko's his favorite character
>>
File: EowIK.png (116KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
EowIK.png
116KB, 420x420px
>>81050912
>"All those changes are things he thinks are legitimate improvements"

>making the characters into bland, ultra-serious assholes
>pronouncing everyone's name wrong
>turning Katara into a weak, frail little girl who needs to be saved
>turning Sokka into this ultra-serious asshole who's pissed off all the time
>and whitewashing them both (not an SJW or tumblrina or anything, but this is still annoying)
>making benders do stupid dances in order to bend, and making non-Aang benders stupidly weak

I just

what

Now I understand why people hate this guy so much.
>>
>>81051521
>Being an idiot
>>
>>81051707

He is right though. Shammylammy is a terrible film maker and was stupid to change it but Bryke pronounced that name wrong from the start.
>>
>>81051706

Don't forget

>having Iroh say "this coffee is great"
>>
>>81050363
>pronouncing names correctly is bad
Typical westerners.
>>
File: korra asasasmi.png (282KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
korra asasasmi.png
282KB, 640x360px
Live action film when?
>>
>>81052411
I don't believe you.
>>
>>81052430

Alright you got me. It's old bait from when the movie came out. The other one was the post credit deaf Toph
>>
>>81051687
>>81051687
Wasn't Jesse McCartney originally cast as Zuko?
>>
Man i remember when i watched this in cinema. Payed money for this shit but it was worth it. The crowd was laughing most of the time, at scenes that were not intended to be funny.

I remember that the Indian niggers were all Fire Benders. Gooks and Chinks were poor dirt Earth benders who had to do a 5 second dance to move a rock. Whites obviously water benders.
>>
That is crumping.
>>
>>81050823
So, did you fail geography or did you somehow pass by cheating off the kid next to you and immediately forget?
>>
>>81052946
Britbong pls go.
India is it's own subcontinent.
It's not part of Asia.
See the Himalayas? That's the mark of two landmasses being smoushed together.

I know from your tiny island that Asia is "that place where I get my tea from", but it's actually not uniform.

Besides, in the majority of the anglosphere "Asian" means "mongoloid" (and I don't mean the retarded sense).
>>
File: 1436520376545.jpg (11KB, 258x195px) Image search: [Google]
1436520376545.jpg
11KB, 258x195px
>>81050363
Why are they so white?
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (585KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
585KB, 1920x1080px
>>81050363

who would've thought that Nicola Peltz would grow up to be pretty hot?
>>
>>81053092
Oh my God anon
>>
>>81053218
Hot but can't act for shit. She only gets roles because her dad is rich as fuck.
>>
>>81053369
Yeah, she's a Wendy's heiress isn't she?
>>
>>81053076
I know you're really trying, but it's really weak.
>>
>>81052414
I know this is bait but it pisses me off when people try and defend the movie's pronunciation of Sokka, or say that the cartoon pronounced it wrong.
They always say that it should sound like "Soaker" because that's what anime taught them that all Asian languages sound like. Why the fuck would anybody use Japanese as the basis for naming Eskimos?
>>
>>81050558
I've seen trailers where Bryke were introducing Shyamalan, and I also saw production videos where Bryke were in the green screens with the actors and Shyamalan, so I can't say they were totally cut off from providing creative input.
>>
>>81051258
The consensus was that the movie was awful overall, but at least the special effects were nice, barring that earthbending sequence that everyone loves reposting, of course.
>>
>>81054357
>, but at least the special effects were nice
did we watch the same trainwreck?
>>
>>81050363
I never finished the AtLA series before watching the movie, and I thought it was pretty nice. I liked it enough to at least check out all the seasons and binge watch them afterwards.

I imagine the biggest issue was inexplicably dividing the bending nations into different real world ethnicities?
>>
>>81050802
"dark skinned" as in primarily indians, since that's what the fire nation seemed to comprise of. If book 2 was adapted, then the villains would be east asians.
>>
>>81054516
>and I thought it was pretty nice
>Why would someone do that? Go on the internet and tell lies?
>>
>>81054309
Just because an author is there doesn't mean they have any creative input or final say. You think they went "oh okay you can call the character Ong and the Ovotar"?
>>
>>81050802
They were originally going to be white. Jesse McCartney was cast as Zuko, then when the massive outrage at the cast blew up, they recast him with Dev Patel and made Firebenders Indian because that cancels out the rest of the cast being white, right?
>>
>>81054516
>I imagine the biggest issue was inexplicably dividing the bending nations into different real world ethnicities?
That and the bad acting, bad directing, bad dialogue, bad action lengthy exposition and entirely wrong tone of the movie on top of needless, petty changes to the source material
>>
>>81053092
cause Zuko is brown in this movie. It's a swap.
>>
>>81054655
I don't mean they didn't object to it, but I'm just guessing they didn't anticipate the overwhelmingly negative response the film would receive while they were watching the production of the film.

I mean, these are the guys who are credited with writing the entire first season of LoK, so I can't say they're totally in sync with what the fans want.
>>
>>81054707
>bad acting
oh yeah. I watched the entire show after the movie, so whatever feelings I had for the movie was mostly washed out. I liked the actor for Zuko, though.
>>
>>81051003
technically, yes, but they're so far removed from asian culture that they really shouldnt referred to as asian except when you're talking geographically or something
>>
>>81055151

India is still in Asia, so that means their culture is Asian as well.
>>
>>81050363
The only good thing about this movie is the hype. Holy hell, a fucking AVATAR MOVIE?? I get so giddy every time I see the trailer, even after the whole shitshow. It's hard not to get your goods going when this sort of thing pops up. Truly a devastating loss.
>>
>>81054765
They weren't watching the production of the film. They were handed a script by M. Night and told how much he loved the show and how his daughter loved the show and how he's seen every episode and then he went and changed things up to meet his vision.

His dreary, emotionless style directing, his decision to change how the names were pronounced, his decision to make an entire season worth of show go 90 minutes, his decision to change how bending works, that was all him.

The producers pushed some people for casting and the company set the budget, though, so it's note ALL M. Night's fault.

But Bryke? They didn't have any say in the matter. They didn't own the rights, Nick did, all they did was give a guy who talked a good game their blessing and when they saw how terrible it was they decided never to talk about it.
>>
>>81055151
>asian culture
That isn't a single homogeneous thing. If it is a culture from Asia, it's an Asian culture.
>>
>And on their way to the temple Ong informed them all about who he was and where he came from
>first question they ask the second they get to the temple
>"You haven't even told us your name!"

JUST
>>
>>81054831
>I liked the actor for Zuko, though.
Yeah, Dev Patel might not look the part of Zuko, but he gave the only solid performance in the movie and actually understood his character.
>>
>Bryke wrote Zhao based on Jason Isaacs' character in The Patriot
>the cartoon actually got Jason Isaacs to voice Zhao
>the one hundred and fifty million live action movie got a Daily Show comedian for the role
>>
>>81055501
What can you say? Bryke did good voice casting with virtually any character. From the main cast to the villains to the side cast, the only voice I can think was miscast was General Iroh from Korra because Ruffio has no range and will forever sound like a boy.
>>
>>81055373
As I recall there was also a story by one of the guys who worked on the movie, who explained that the movie was a case of someone-owning-someone-a-favor. And paying back the debt included getting that someones child/niece/friend a leading role. Which is how some of the bad casting choices were made (Katara, I think). Also they blew a lot of the budget on 1 big open scene and then filmed the rest on green screen, which is why many of the kid actors had problems playing the parts.

Sokka actually looks like he was cast well, but I haven't seen the movie so I dunno if the guy could play the part of only looked the part.
>>
File: 876545678.jpg (56KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
876545678.jpg
56KB, 540x360px
>>81053369

I heard that's the reason why everyone in the water tribe was casted as white. Originally it wasn't going to be like that till someone pulled some strings to get her the Katara role. Then everything else just kinda fell apart as they needed to have her brother at least share the same skin tone as her to even look related.

But that's all heresay so who knows.
>>
>>81050785
He was actually good in this film.
>>
>>81055862
Yeah, Nicola Peltz was apparently the niece of one of the movie's big investors or something and that's how the Water Tribe ended up being white.
It's a shitty set of circumstances for Shawarma Llama but that doesn't excuse all the other terrible script/directing mistake he made.

Also, no, Jackson Rathbone was an atrocious Sokka. Maybe it was poor direction but he was unrecognizable from the cartoon version of the character.
>>
>>81050363
Thot's jost how omorocons speek tho
>>
>>81055253
>>81055445
yes...as i said, it's technically asian...but the everyday perception of asian culture, ie china, japan, taiwan, etc differs from russian and indian culture. when people are talking about indian and asian culture, they are typically different perceptions.
>>
>>81056685
That's your opinion.
>>
>>81056300
hey now! to be fair, it's only sokka, katara and their grandmother who are white. the non important people were allowed to be inuit.
>>
>>81056772
Only the un-important character in the Southern Water Tribe got to be Inuit. Y'know, the impoverished, simple, backwater tribe.
All the people in the big, impressive, civilized Northern Water Tribe? They were all inexplicably white as well.

Some of the casting was out of their hands, other parts seem almost purposefully controversial.
>>
>>81051706
There's a fan conspiracy theory that he loved the show so much that he intentionally made the movie complete shit so that Nick would be forced to actually continue the series instead of milking it for a decade with rehash movies. The writing is completely sub-par, even by Shamalamadingdong's recent standards, and even he's not generally retarded enough to go "yeah let's make everyone important white and completely mispronounce every name". It'd likely never be confirmed because doing so would mean putting himself at risk of a huge lawsuit, but it's a nice thought to have.

The movie was still complete garbage, though. There's really no excusing that.
>>
>>81055373
>"It's really weird because on the show the average age was, like, nine-years-old," Shyamalan says. "My child was nine-years-old. So you could make it one of two ways. You could make it for that same audience, which is what I did -- for nine and 10-year-olds -- or you could do the Transformers version and have Megan Fox. I didn't do that."
>>
>>81051304
That June cosplayer was a babe
>>
>>81057199
>the Transformers version and have Megan Fox
Oh the sweet irony
>>
>>81055579
>Bryke did good voice casting with virtually any character.
I think you mean Andrea Romano, the Goddess of Voice Casting.
>>
>>81051304
JUST ONCE!
>>
>>81056768
it's not just my opinion when it's the social norm
>>
>>81058464
Only in some countries
>>
>>81050802

This whole movie is full of racist shit, from the Mandarin text used in the show being converted into made up squiggly lines to the casting calls asking people to dress up as a stereotype of their culture( and then mixing up Chinese culture with Japanese culture by asking Chinese cast members to come dressed in a kimono.)
>>
>>81058464
That's literally only the social norm in USA.
>>
>>81057199
Did... did Shyamalan know ANYTHING about the cartoon at all?
>>
>>81060416
>asking Chinese cast members to come dressed in a kimono.)
That's not racist. East Asians play East Asians of other nationalities all the time. That's like saying it's racist to have British Alan Rickman play German Hans Gruber.
>>
I honestly have no idea why everyone hates it.

I mean yes, I get it, it's a horrible Avatar movie, but if you can let go of that anger you'll realize how hilarious it actually is.
>>
>>81061462
It's not really funny though.
Not every terrible film is like The Room or Foodfight, so bad it's good is a unique quality, The Last Airbender is just bad.
There are some funny moments, like the Kung-Pow Earthbenders and Penis-Hair Yue's "believe in the belief of our beliefs" dialogue but other than that, the whole thing is one long, dull, exposition filled snorefest.
>>
>>81050802
>I'd call it racist, but Shyamalan is himself an Indian.

India has its own well-known prejudices against dark skin that have little to do with 19th century European concepts of racial supremacy. Like with Latin Americans, it's all about caste and social status - the fairer the skin, the higher on the social ladder you're seen as being, and conversely the darker the skin, the lower (and, bear in mind, the peoples of India run pretty much the whole gamut of human skin tones). It's entirely in keeping with Indian culture that the heroes would be *very* pale and the villains quite dark.
>>
>>81061614
Not to mention all the racist shit Gandhi said about black people while serving in South Africa.
>>
File: ee8.gif (3MB, 245x140px) Image search: [Google]
ee8.gif
3MB, 245x140px
>>81050363
>>
>>81062419
Goat
>>
>>81050435
Ovaltine?
>>
File: 1279308483883.png (40KB, 119x127px) Image search: [Google]
1279308483883.png
40KB, 119x127px
>no live-action delicious brown Katara
I will never not hate Shyamalan
>>
>>81062627
There will never be TLA or Korra movie EVER IN OUR LIVES.

All thanks to Shyamalan. He ruined the franchise for entire world.
>>
>>81062627
and the girl they cast wasn't even a delicious rolly polly loli canoli
>>
File: 1431647786687.jpg (7KB, 185x273px) Image search: [Google]
1431647786687.jpg
7KB, 185x273px
>>81050363
>toph could create a mountain with a single step of her foot
>an entire group of earthbenders need to dance, some tai kwon do shit, and a spinaroony so they could throw a pebble
>>
File: 1457814546777.gif (1MB, 194x284px) Image search: [Google]
1457814546777.gif
1MB, 194x284px
>>81051304
>/co/ appearance at 0:43
>>
>>81063119
>Firebenders need a source of fire unless they're exceptionally skilled like eeroh
>>
>>81050683
It was the BvS of its time.
>>
>>81063119
>>81064775
Yeah, see, I feel like some of these "changes" were done to make things more "realistic" and he didn't think about how this could possibly be a bad idea
>>
>>81064775
Wait, really?
>>
>>81066206
Yes really
>>
>>81061247
That's not the racist part. The racist (or, more accurately, ignorant) part is that they told the Chinese people to wear a kimono when they asked them to dress like a stereotype of their people, meaning that they had no idea that the Chinese don't wear kimonos.
>>
>>81050363
If you guys haven't seen it already, the Rifftrax for this movie is pretty funny.

... I miss MST3K.
>>
>>81066753
Didn't you hear? They're doing a new season of it, and it's coming later this year.
>>
>>81066743
Wait, they asked the cast to bring their own costumes? What sort of cheap ass $150 million Hollywood blockbuster is this?
>>
File: please-not-right.jpg (43KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
please-not-right.jpg
43KB, 500x475px
>>81063119
>earthbender dance
Don't remind me
>>
>>81063119
>>toph could create a mountain with a single step of her foot
What bullshit were you watching? A small hill is not a mountain.
>>
>>81064804
Honestly BvS is bad, but you can see and feel the potential it had to be a good movie, there are some quality in the whole movie. But Avatar was entirely shitty.
>>
>>81066863
Mike or Joel?
>>
>>81062737
Korra would work better as a movie. It felt like things would be more appropriate though. Like all of S1 could be condensed down into a feature-length movie.
>>
>>81067070
New guy
Jonah Ray
Felicia Day and Patton Oswalt are also in it, as Kinga Forrester and TV's Son of TV's Frank respectively
>>
>>81066927
That was damage control statement after the backlash over the main cast all being white people
>>
>>81054309
I remember Bryke were super enthusiatic about the movie when it first got announced and then for whatever reason they stopped talking about it before it premiered.
>>
>>81050823
>He's a self-hating Indian.

You can't really blame him.
>>
>>81062572
Son of a bitch!
>>
>>81056213
>>81055862
I heard this rumor on /co/ as well. It's made me reserve judgement on Shamallamadingdong and pour my unending hate out on this dopey bitch instead.
>>
>>81056314
Naw wi dawn'd.
>>
>>81061778
One of the few reasons to respect him, IMHO.
>>
>>81064775
Could've been a REALLY cool idea. Could've been like Pyro from the X-men films. They can't make fire, but they make a single spark and they can build it up into a colossal fireball.

But not. For some reason, when you use fire, you use ALL the fire. You pull half the fire out of a campfire and there's only half left. WTF
>>
>>81051304
>that fedora
kek every time
>>
>>81063119

actually, what's at fault here is poor cinematography. If I'm not mistaken, the large group of Earth Riverdancers are making a wall to protect the guy you see at the very end of the scene. The guy they're trying to protect is the one sluggishly floating a rock in the general direction of some brown people. The entire scene is just a shit show...
>>
>>81050451
lol
>>
>watching the rifftrax of this
>they even pronounce the word avatar wrong
>>
>>81050451

There's a valid reason for Sokka and Katara being white in the film.

The Northern Water Tribe is depicted as being Northern European, and they've got Northern Water Tribe blood in them from their Gran-Gran (we know this from the show).

I'm not saying it's the pinnacle of genius storytelling, but it makes some sense.
>>
>>81061778
This is when I realized Ghandi wasn't just a brain dead hippy.
>>
>>81055862
>by one of the guys who worked on the movie
>he actually believed that faggot

Dude, the guy who came up with that bullshit offered literally no proof he worked in the industry much less the film, he came up with shit anyone could bullshit on their own and going for classics that people love to eat up like nepotism
>>
>tfw HBO buys the rights and commissions 7 seasons ala GoT
>>
>>81070141
TV-MA rated Avatar.

YES.
>>
>>81070020
Both tribes are brown blue eyed eskimos in the show
>>
>>81050451
They're not even that white. There's a bit of tan to them. Why is "whitewashing" the waterbenders everyone's concern when he turned the fucking fire nation Indian?
>>
>>81069146
>>81070052
The both of you fuck off.
>>
>>81070141
>it's going to be about Korra
>because it's HBO, she's going to fuck everyone
>E
>V
>E
>R
>Y
>O
>N
>E
>>
>>81071807
The way I remember it those two complaints went hand in hand
>>
>>81050363
This movie somehow didn't piss me off as bad as Legend of Korra, and it didn't even kill the franchise as bad.
>>
>>81078886
You're not very good at lies, Shyamalan.
>>
>>81070020
Even if making the Northern And Southern Water Tribes different ethnicities wasn't bullshit (seeing as canonically, the SWT splintered off from the NWT) then Katara and Sokka would still be 3/4 Eskimo.
>>
>>81052423
That actually wouldn't be terrible - Book 1 is a self-contained plot.
>>
>>81079697
But Book 1 was terrible for all the bullshit shipping it was trying to push.
That and Korra was poorly developed. Mako and Bolin were 1-dimensional the whole way through.
And Amon's reveal at the end was pretty underwhelming.
>>
>>81079697
I guess the question remains, who would you cast as Korra? I was going to make a point about how hard it is to find legitimately brown girls in Hollywood - light skin is in demand - but then I remembered Korra herself is inconsistently colored.

>>81079727
You don't do it verbatim you dink.
>>
>>81079798
There's Zoe Kravitz. Who was Angel in First Class. Though she'd need to hit the gym.
>>
File: file.png (314KB, 463x696px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
314KB, 463x696px
>>81071807
>Fire Nation
>Indian
It's fine, really.
>>
>>81079798
there are tons of Indian actresses fluent in English
>>
>>81051687
Didn't his daughter want to play Azula?
Plus didn't it ruin the kid who played Aangs career cause everyone hated his performance but it was actually shifty directing cause the kid acted just like Aang normally?
>>
>>81062419

What was really wrong here is those dancing guys had summoned the rock from before this moment, but because they act after it happens it looks like the next trick is what they did, and that's all storyboarding 101. How do you fuck that up?

I mean 6 guys to make one wall is still bad, but they managed to film it bad too.
>>
File: 1412032125015.png (87KB, 1004x604px) Image search: [Google]
1412032125015.png
87KB, 1004x604px
>>81050511
>I still can't understand how could they do that? how?
>>
>>81080269

>Aang's actor is actually native american
>everyone calls him white

Kinda sucks when you're not brown enough to get labeled a minority.
>>
>>81050949
And then Korra finished the job.
>>
>>81080318
must suck
can't take advantage of being right in every conversation because literally millions of retards will judge you for your skin and just bow down to you.

why i say i'm jewish, shuts SJWs up when they start talking stupid
>>
>>81051003
I call russians asian.
>>
>>81057199
Or yo could do something TOTALLY out of left field: stay true to the source material, and give the Asian Actor's Guild a reason to quit bitching for the next 20 years.
>>
>>81062419
I like the way Nostalgia Critic did this

Droopy Dog voice: Don't worry, guys, I've got it. *rock toss* Take that.
>>
>>81050451
And let's turn the bad guys into indians!
>>
>>81079375
The thing is, while terrible, the movie can be forgotten as it changed nothing about the original series.

Korra on the other hand, changed a fuck-ton relating to the original series. And the changes were mostly not good.
>>
>>81050880
>>After Earth perpetuating the stereotype that black people are terrible actors

To be fair that was all Will's doing, Shyamalamadingdong was just his puppet.
>>
>>81050823
But, Indians ARE Asian.
>>
>>81075035
>she gets lesbian raped in the first season
>starts to like it
>is foreshadowing for the ending
>"this one will rape me sweetly!"
>>
>>81080269
At least the catering was good.
>>
>>81050363

This is the only movie that I've ever left midway through after paying money at a theater. It boggles my mind that something this horrible was actually made; dialogue, acting, cinematography, fight choreography, lore rewrites, ridiculous amounts of exposition, nonsensical cultural shifts, bad special effects. This film did absolutely everything wrong, except maybe costumes.

The scene where Admiral Zhao comes to discuss the blue spirit has to be one of the most unintentionally comedic scenes of all time. IT IS SO BAD.

>CAMERA ANGLE BEHIND OZAI, FOCUSED ON HIM TAPPING ON THE THRONE, ZHAO FUZZY IN THE DISTANCE
>Ozai: (Rambling) So you're telling me that you think that my son is the person that the soldier's are referring to as the blue spirit.
>No focus change whatsoever, Zhao remains fuzzy.
>Pause.
>Pause.
>Pause
>PAUSE.
>PAUSEEEEE
>Zhao: .... YES.
>End scene.

And

>OVatar

Why would they change this word?! It's an ACTUAL FUCKING WORD not a made up name. They're literally pronouncing it wrong (and not even consistently the same way!) throughout the movie. And it's a real word with Sanskrit origins.

M. Night Shamalammalalmadingdong does it again.
>>
>>81056685
so what is an american person? does that mean that mexicans and all south americans are no longer americans? fuck even canadians are americans. your the one with the wrong here as perception is not equal to reality, so why should we conform to a false perception?
>>
File: RobertBaratheon.jpg (128KB, 346x563px) Image search: [Google]
RobertBaratheon.jpg
128KB, 346x563px
Uncl Iroh

Y/n?
>>
>>81080532
>why i say i'm jewish, shuts SJWs up when they start talking stupid

No it doesn't, they just start calling me a colonialist oppressor complicit in the murder of innocent helpless Muslims and refuse to associate with me.
>>
Yes they were whitewashed. They also happened to be the whitest people in their village which is strange. It's like how when you look at a classroom full of anime characters, you know who the main characters are based on who has the craziest hair.
>>
>>81051304

AAANG!
>>
File: Uncle Chong.jpg (38KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
Uncle Chong.jpg
38KB, 300x400px
>>81050785

Zuko, you really gotta to chill. Like, have some tea, man!
>>
>>81071807
>They're not even that white.

You are blind.
>>
>>81067202
>Felicia Day

Dropped
>>
>>81068238
>then for whatever reason they stopped talking about it before it premiered

Because they couldn't say what they wanted to say *and* keep their jobs.
>>
>>81058920

The only countries that count.
>>
File: Me Gusta.jpg (46KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Me Gusta.jpg
46KB, 1280x720px
>>81075035
It will be the LoK /co/ wanted since 2009.
>>
>>81053218
She's gorgeous
>>
>>81050363
Why aren't they Eskimo
>>
>>81086274
Nepotism and racism
>>
If they were ever to revisit this travesty I would suggest (now that he is old enough) have jackie chan put on some weight, or a fatsuit to be uncle iro. There is no better pick, you know it to be true.
>>
>>81050363
More like The Last Racebender.
>>
>>81072683
Triggered?
>>
>>81051304
>this video was uploaded on Reelz then taken down literally hours later
>>
>>81050363
> watched this movie
> it disgusted me
> did not know about AtlA
> by the first half of the movie I was terribly bored and disliked it
> Azula made me scrape some leftovers from my memory
> googled it and learned about Aang
> remembered that I saw about two-three episodes about several years before
> my best friend told me about it being his favorite cartoon
> despite disappointment from the movie decided to download the series
> watched all week
> think about the movie with warm feelings because it, despite being an abomination it made me watch AtlA. But I'll never touch it again.
>>
The only movie I saw people walk out on and boo at.
>>
>>81051304
AAAAAANG
>>
File: 1450685029444.jpg (856KB, 670x1006px) Image search: [Google]
1450685029444.jpg
856KB, 670x1006px
Is Azula present in this movie? Who played the role?
>>
>>81087719
She was in for about 5 seconds and was played by Summer Bishil
>>
>>81087719
Some random Indian chick at the very end.
May have even been a post-credits thing.
>>
>>81050363

>Katara is the right age
>Sokka is ten years too old
>>
>>81087889
You mean Soe-ka.
>>
File: Toph 4.jpg (277KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Toph 4.jpg
277KB, 960x720px
Who should have played her?
>>
File: jessie flower.jpg (100KB, 329x500px) Image search: [Google]
jessie flower.jpg
100KB, 329x500px
>>81088072
Actual voice actress?
>>
>>81088258
I don't remember her having such a... strong jaw.
>>
File: TLA 012.jpg (464KB, 963x1481px) Image search: [Google]
TLA 012.jpg
464KB, 963x1481px
Anyone read the graphic novel they made at the time too? I believe it somehow managed to be even worse than the movie.
>>
>>81050912
Wasn't there a story that his daughter loved the cartoon, that he made the movie for her, and that she cried when she first saw it?
I still remember those videos on Youtube of people coming out of the theaters, some of them in full cosplay too.
>>
File: Maisie2.jpg (308KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Maisie2.jpg
308KB, 600x800px
>>81088072

She was the right age at the time.
>>
>>81051206
How slow they move when they fight always gets to me.
>>
>>81088442
>Take a show
>Adapt it to a movie
>Adapt that to a graphic novel
What the hell.
>>
>>81085058
N

I can't think of this guy without him being a massive jerk
>>
>>81087821
She... has the look, at least.
>>
>>81050451
I mean they went with the theme that each of the four 'teams' were different races, it's just a hard sell since no one had western culture in the show. Why did they make a comedian the main villain?
>>
>>81088650
She''ll still work. Tiny as fuck.
>>
>>81050912
>Replace giant amphibian war monster with a tidal wave
In what universe does that sound like a step up? Everything else is just easily tracked, bad decision-making comparatively
>>
>>81088282
Her jaw is perfectly fine, she has sharp, pointy chin.
>>
>>81050363
Is she even wearing her mother's necklace? Or is that gone?
>>
>>81089260
I think that subplot got cut from the movie.
>>
>>81068565
Nothing wrong with people who rather poo in public than in a bathroom.
>>
File: Zuko's Story 001.jpg (3MB, 1496x2232px) Image search: [Google]
Zuko's Story 001.jpg
3MB, 1496x2232px
>>81088442
>those last two panels
It's like it's missing pages on the same page

But no, I don't think anybody has ever storytimed the adaptation graphic novel. People have, however, storytimed the Zuko's Story comic from the movie, and that is fucking excellent.
>>
>>81088857
>I mean they went with the theme that each of the four 'teams' were different races
Ehh, not really. The FN are Indian, the SWT are Eskimo (aside from the white heroes), the NWT are white, the Air Nomads are a melting pot and the EK are East-Asian and Black.
>>
>>81090030
>storytimed the Zuko's Story comic from the movie, and that is fucking excellent.
Link?
>>
>>81090158
Just googled this

http://avatarparallels.tumblr.com/post/71175144000/as-a-late-christmas-gift-for-my-followers-and

Dunno what the qualities like
>>
File: TLA 020.jpg (357KB, 975x1483px) Image search: [Google]
TLA 020.jpg
357KB, 975x1483px
>>81090030
Yeah, it's pretty badly written. If you were to only read the comic and didn't already know what happens in AtLA, some parts in the book are pretty incoherent. I've storytimed it once but it was a couple of years ago.
Agreed on Zuko's Story, that book was actually worth reading.
>>
>>81090120
The heroes were originally from the NWT, which explained why they were white.
>>
>>81090300
One grandma was white. Doesn't really cover the other three grandparents being Eskimo.
>>
>despite everyone vocally hating it, the movie did okay at the box office
>if it had been good a sequel would have been a sure thing
The world is dumb and I hate it
>>
File: 1398352635062.jpg (66KB, 417x313px) Image search: [Google]
1398352635062.jpg
66KB, 417x313px
Mistakes were made.
>>
>Zuko starts monologuing to an unconscious Ong
>five minute scene with Ong and Dragon Roku
>Ong wakes up
>Zuko still monologuing
Only part that I thought was funny.
>>
>>81050363
>tfw I saw this movie in theaters instead of Despicable Me
>Fell asleep multiple times watching it
>>
File: 1450883957839.jpg (233KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1450883957839.jpg
233KB, 540x540px
When I watch poorly filmed movie similar to this I feel so embarrassed and uncomfortable. Why does this happen?
>>
>>81090511
It did moderately well. Once you subtract marketing/localisation costs and theatre fees, there no way it made a profit though.
>>
The only thing I wanted out of this movie was good bending fight scenes. I figure they couldn't screw that up, right?

Nope. It was so terrible. That bit where we had like five earthbenders stomping the ground for five minutes just to move a medium sized rock... ugh.
>>
>>81090628
Is he the pizza guy from Spiderman 2?
>>
So here's a list of some of the things M. Night was responsible for.

He thought bending should be something you pumped up... and then released. Like Masturbation and ejaculation. Which is why every bending scene has a lot of movement for very little payoff.

M. Night decided his way to pronounce names were more realistic and authentic.

M. Night decided to make the movie around 90 minutes long for the entirety of book 1. Why? Because he doesn't like doing movies longer than 90 minutes. So he had to do a lot of exposition.

Part of the reason why he did racebending for the fire nation was so that he could do his trademark cameo in this and all those future movies he was planning on doing.

Oong was cast not for acting talent, but because he was good at martial arts. M. Night then directed him to be flat and emotionless, just like all the other people in the movie. Noah Ringer actually was an upbeat, happy kid... much like how Aang is in the cartoon.

M. Night made the decision that most firebenders can't make fire in his universe and that decision complicated most scenes with firebending.

M. Night doesn't really do comedy in his movies which is why Soak-a came across especially bad. His actor had a hard time following M. Night's perplexing direction decisions and hated the role.

M. Night was not responsible for Katara's casting. That was from higher-ups. She also can't act.

M. Night doesn't have much experience in doing movies with lots of intense CGI special effects and strained with doing some of the more intense action sequences. He was out of his depth.
>>
>>81092478
You could tell they were running out of CGI budget near the end since several people were going through the motions with literally nothing happening.
>>
>>81070020
It's not even that deep: MS just wanted white people for the casting call, considering them to be superior. Everyone knows asians wish they were white, and indians seem to idolize caucasians. Shy is no exception.
>>
File: 1457683942956.png (63KB, 160x363px) Image search: [Google]
1457683942956.png
63KB, 160x363px
>>81092937
Yep
>>
>>81079798
There's tons of female capoeristas who are brown-skinned but have straight hair in Cali.
>>
>>81090363
Superior white genes?
>>
>>81091310
>I saw this in theaters too as a teen
>in fucking 3D
>I payed extra just to see a bad 3D version of one of the worst adaptations ever made of a franchise I love
I truly regret this as one of the worst decisions of my teenage years and that is saying something
>>
>>81091650
Because people had to make this movie
They had to build sets for this movie
They had to hire caterers and carpenters and a film crew and editors and costume designers
All of those people contributed to this movie. And they made it fucking terrible.
>>
>>81051706
>and whitewashing them both (not an SJW or tumblrina or anything, but this is still annoying)
You don't have to be an "SJW" to realize it's fucked up to change minority characters into white people
>>
>>81080239
Where is this supposed wall? Did they forget to cgi it in? and Earthbenders can raise a wall in under a second just by doing Psy's patented "Dat ass" pose. They don't need to be hopping around like Marky Mark's back-up dancers.
>>
>>81080318
Native american ANCESTRY. He sure ain't pure. I notice white people try to claim native american ancestry just because they have a half-native great great (back to colonial america great) grandfather. This kid looks white as snow.
>>
>>81095145
The real factor is how much he actually cares about it. Some descendants care about the ancestry etc, and are usually accepted as part of the group; some people are just white with an asterisk.
>>
if aren't purebred native you shouldn't go on about being proud about your ancestry
you should be ashamed of your white rapist ancestry
>>
>>81095301
If you don't look it, nobody in your family is affiliated with it's nation, and you don't even know what TRIBE it was, shut your plain ass up about it. Nothing's more pathetic than a white person longing to claim another race's identity as their own because theirs pretty much has abandoned all their traditions and culture.
>>
>>81094490
I saw it in 3D too. I felt bad because my dad paid for the tickets
>>
>>81080269
What's the source for this shit? Regardless, this is depressing as fuck.
>>
>>81095495

What about just acknowledging that I have some Native American blood in there, just no idea what tribe or anything?
>>
>>81090270
Is the link still good?
>>
>>81093967
>Part of the reason why he did racebending for the fire nation was so that he could do his trademark cameo in this and all those future movies he was planning on doing.

Is not like that mattered unless he was planning to cast himself as Sozin or Azulon. The show had two blue eyed brown teenagers running around the entire Fire Nation and nobody suspected anything.
>>
>>81051134
Are you serious? Even if so, why would that even matter in the slightest?
>>
>>81080269
was a rebuttle?
any other behind the screens talk? or did the studio silence the people working on shamaldindong movie?
>>
>>81096007
You think black people get anything for acknowledging that they all probably have some white slaveowner blood in them? It doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>81096355
The Fire Nation is multi-cultural due to Imperialism.
>>
>>81071258
>Both tribes are brown blue eyed eskimos in the show
You mean they're brown blue eyed caucasians with eskimo-like culture.
>>
>>81097338
Oh no, it's the 'anime is white' guy.
>>
>>81070020
Or, why not just stick to the fucking source material?
>>
>>81097369
Oh no, the "every race sees themselves in cartoons" guy.
>>
>>81097454
Go on, anon, tell us about how cartoons made in Japan all star white folk.
>>
File: 1456339914225.jpg (87KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1456339914225.jpg
87KB, 640x480px
>>81097338
>>81097454
>Show set in setting inspired by Inuit and Asian cultures
>BUT THEY'RE WHIIIIIIIITE
>>
>>81097495
Go on anon, tell us how anime that clearly visually features people of different races manage to make some kind of super optical illusion rendering the japanese "neutral".
>>
File: 1414177279891.jpg (80KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
1414177279891.jpg
80KB, 467x700px
>>81097518
If you dress a white man in eskimo clothes, have him live in igloos and hunt whales and make his skin brown, does that make them eskimo?
>>
>>81097534
Give us the specific visual traits that you classify as 'people of different races', anon. Go on.
>>
File: file.png (636KB, 794x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
636KB, 794x1080px
>>81097578
Well I don't know about you but this guy is probably japanese right
>>
>>81052414
Except they weren't pronounced correctly. The show, which is the original media depiction, has the absolute authority on how the names are pronounced, period. Even if the different cultures shared similarities to actual Earth cultures, they aren't the same, and as such don't need to follow the same language structure.
>>
>>81097607
Nonsense, by your standards he's obviously a Caucasian with brown skin.
>>
>>81097648
Hahaha, nice sarcasm but you do realize that in saying that you're basically admitting that by not looking asian at all, Korra and the Water tribes are not eskimo at all?
>>
>>81097575
THEY'RE CLEARLY INTENDED TO BE INUIT. THEY'RE CARTOONS, JUST BECAUSE THEY AREN'T SUPER ACCURATE TO LIFE DOESN'T MEAN THEY'RE WHITE PEOPLE WITH A TAN
>>
>>81097761
>THEY'RE CLEARLY INTENDED TO BE INUIT
No, their dress and culture is clearly inuit inspired. That doesn't make them inuit, and the way they're drawn DEFINITELy does not make them inuit or asian or black for that matter.
Physically speaking, they're closer to mulatto.
>>
>>81051521
Actually, Shima Lima's defense was that "Ong" is the "actual pronunciation," and that the show had pronounced it incorrectly this whole time
>>
>>81052743
Yes, but boot camp training for the role got in the way of his music/touring or something like that
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1031x1456px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1031x1456px
If cartoons are neutral and the viewer simply inserts their own race in them, how come some look way more asian than others?
>>
>>81051521
>>81097819
The only one that bothered me in the show was Mai. Japanese, Korean, whatever, it would be pronounced "my", not "may". To a lesser extent, "eye-ro" vs. "ee-ro" but that one's not so bad.
>>
>>81097680
Nonsense, the black skin isn't indicative of race at all! He obviously just has a tan.
>>
>>81097811
Why the fuck would they make their dress and culture Inuit, but make the characters not Inuit? What do you have against Inuit? Why are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>81055282
I can relate Anon. Funny thing, prior to the movie's announcement, I had just finished rewatching Season 3 and I was thinking about the possibility of an Avatar movie, so when the film was announced naturally I was ecstatic.
>>
>>81097993
Um...what was the problem? They DID pronounce it "MY". I don't recall a character in the animated series who was called May.
>>
>>81055484
KEK
>>
>>81098167
They always pronounced it may. I've been rewatching it recently and can confirm.
>>
>>81098167
>>81098187
It's been a while since I watched the whole show, but I'm pretty sure they said it "May"
>>
>>81098187

Damn, really? Wtf...
>>
>>81088442
>You're lucky to have family
>She passed away
kek
>>
>>81098452

I'm in the same boat as you. I always heard "my". I feel like I'm on an entirely different world now.
>>
>>81090274
Appa looks disgusting
>>
>>81099228
Well of course he's gonna be disgusting if they use the movie version of him.
>>
>>81099274
Well hey, I still can't bring myself to actually watch the damn thing.
>>
Who would have been an accurate live-action Katara anyways? Nobody irl is that cute
>>
>>81099319
Don't worry, I haven't watched more than 3 minutes of it, either. I just have the displeasure to know what movie Appa looks like.
>>
>>81099384
I feel for you.

Has any other live-action adaption of anything been received worse than this?
I can't think of anything and I've seen some shockers.
>>
File: 1454081816385.png (854KB, 851x683px) Image search: [Google]
1454081816385.png
854KB, 851x683px
>>81099346
There are random girls on this planet who would have been a perfect cast for Katara and many other characters. But you will never know them because they are not actresses, just random girls.
>>
>>81099795
I really REALLY hope your picture isn't supposed to be one of them.
>>
>>81080532
The Holocaust was white-on-white crime you MRA shitlord!
>>
>>81099854
I'm sure he's not that retarded.
>>
>>81088442
minor thing but i like how his arrow isnt just blue arrow but has little engravings and the airbending symbol on it
nice touch
>>
>>81086524
>guy tries to mug Iroh in Ba-Sing-Se
>Iroh busy carrying his goods while playing lute and singing for a crying child, while walking up an unstable ladder
>he doesnt want any trabble
>later, Jackie Chan pulls out a 10/10, heart-wrenching, Oscar winning performance of you fucking know you cunt
>>
>>81094658
It dumb when you make a white character colored. It's dumb when you make a male character female. It's dumb when you made a female character male. It's dumb when you make a colored character white.

Unless it's r63 or some what-if or fetish shit
>>
>>81097819
>the show had pronounced it incorrectly this whole time

>the show is mispronouncing a word that they made up

Goddamn it, Manoj. This is some bullshit.
>>
>>81097819
>the show had pronounced it incorrectly this whole time
WHAT A TWEEEST!
>>
Friendly reminder that an uncut version of the film which was only shown in advanced screening for movie critics reveals that the Avatar setting is a post-apocalyptic version of the real world.
>>
>>81103243
You can't be serious.
>>
>>81103285
Serious.

>The story takes place in the future, after Man has devastated the planet and survives in the form of beings with magical powers allowing them to influence earth, water and fire.
http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/the-last-airbender-2010
>>
File: 1458255433988.jpg (54KB, 400x688px) Image search: [Google]
1458255433988.jpg
54KB, 400x688px
>>81050802
Meanwhile in the cartoon
>fire nation is ethnically homogeneous and clearly based on japan
>nothing but fire nation villains throughout S1
>this is somehow not racist
And turn some gooks into curryniggers and it is suddenly racist
>>
>>81103442
Never heard of that detail.
Also, I know Ebert was a fan of Studio Ghibli, but I didn't know he liked (or at least admired) Avatar.
>>
>>81103442
What the actual fuck?
Is Shamalamalam retarded?
>>
>>81103849
It's based on cultural climate you stupid reactionary.
>>
>>81103849
Portraying the Japanese Empire negatively isn't racist. Saying that it is would be like making the Nazis into bad guys being racist against Germans.

Also, have you forgotten the guy that Aang wanted as a Firebender master?
>>
File: 1457444325332.jpg (96KB, 792x558px) Image search: [Google]
1457444325332.jpg
96KB, 792x558px
>>81103946
>no one in the fire nation has anything but dark-haired gold eyed pointy face
>it is about culture
>>
>>81103849
>fire nation is ethnically homogeneous and clearly based on japan
But that's wrong. There are a whole bunch of dark-skinned Fire Nationals (Piandao, Mai's Uncle, the riot guy in the prison) and they were descended from an Aztec-like tribe.
>>
>>81104067
Having a nation of brown people vs. white people, given the modern issue with the war on terror, is more easily perceived as racist.
>>
>>81104089
>Piandao, Mai's Uncle, the riot guy in the prison
Not to mention Ogodei from the Rough Rhinos, who was the darkest character from the entire franchise and Fire Nation
>>
>>81104089
The guy was just talking about Season 1. It's difficult to characterize the portrayal of the Fire Nation as racist if you include Season 3.

>>81104188
Don't forget that Iroh is never portrayed as a 'villain'.
>>
>>81103874
He probably just saw some clips for research. Comparing something to Miyazaki is just lazy praise from movie critics who want to sound like they know more about animation than they actually do.
>>
File: wew.png (16KB, 618x423px) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
16KB, 618x423px
>>81103988
?????
>>
>>81103874
I think he just read up on some stuff + the controversy
>>
>>81104278
>>81104393
>The animation of the Nickelodeon TV series drew on the bright colors and "clear line" style of such masters as Miyazaki, and was a pleasure to observe.
>These show potential as Steampunk, but are never caressed for their intricacies. Consider the detail Miyazaki lavished on Howl's Moving Castle. Trying sampling a Nickelodeon clip from the original show to glimpse the look that might have been.
>It's a distraction for fans of the hugely popular TV series
>This material should have become an A-list animated film.
I'm assuming he knew more about the series than most reviewers did. Whether he watched it, who knows, but at least he seems to know the show's reputation and that it deserved a better movie. And he does know what he's talking about when it comes to Ghibli/Miyazaki, I'm pretty sure they've met.
>>
>>81104341
Correct. The Indian state didn't conquer, rape, and murder hundreds of thousands of people in a massive war that killed millions while siding themselves with the bad guys, then later tried to make everyone forget about it.
>>
>>81050363
good guys are white and bad guys are brown in this film
>>
>>81088442
I legit thought this was a hentai the way it was drawn
>>
>>81090030
>>81090274
How would Zuko's Story be worthwhile if the movie itself isn't?
>>
>>81098745
I thought it was just some people didn't do the proper pronunciation but some did.
>>
>>81050451
>>81071807
What I heard was that one of the producers demanded his daughter play the role of Katara, so the casting agents had to rework the entire water nation so her ethnicity matched with them; Sokka included.

As for the Fire Nation, I think they got one actor who was intreseted in the role of one of the fire nation characters, so they had to make sure he matched the rest of them. That actor happened to be Indian.

There was some forum post written by a guy who was on set and apparently the production was kind of fucked. Not legendarily fucked, but just fucked enough to mix with Shamalamadingdong's insanity and narcissism to make the train wreck we have today.
>>
Hey, >>81107564 here.

This is what I was refering to.
>>81080269
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.