[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/wb/ Where's B e cky

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 290
Thread images: 48

File: I am a girl.png (389KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
I am a girl.png
389KB, 1000x333px
Actually something happening, my god.

Scratch that, it's nothing.
>>
I dont get it.

But praise Patreanon!
>>
Where's Becky?
>>
File: Fixed.png (265KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
Fixed.png
265KB, 1000x333px
Well shit.
>>
>>81043733
>That second panel
Totally necessary.
totally
>>
>>81043733
Panel 2 is seriously not good. Would any person ever say something like that?

It seems like something you'd say if you were trying to pick someone up or get them to notice you as an option. Like: "Oh you're a lesbian? I totally get that. Girls are super cute. And I should know, 'cuz I am one." *bats eyes excessively*

Otherwise why would you ever string those words together unless you were desperately trying to assert your fragile girlhood. It doesn't strike me as consistent with the sort of "strong independent" character (read: indifferent asshole) Willis thinks Carla is.
>>
>>81043733
>"What the Hell's the point in having power if you can't abuse it?"
Wow, what a horrible and stupid question! You are the fucking worst, Carla.
>>
>>81043733

I just don't get it. Carla isn't funny; being an asshole doesn't make her cool or likeable; her inability to stand up to being "misgendered" makes her look weak and spineless, who messes with people who don't hit back (if she'd laughed it off as trivial or shot back with snark it'd at least make her look a bit stronger).

I think one problem I have with DoA is that none of the characters are respectable. Can't see myself walking around thinking "I want to be like [insert character here]" or "I'd respond to this situation like [character] would".
>>
>>81044535
What do you expect? Willis is a hack.
>>
>>81043733
>"But I TOTALLY get you and Billie. Girls are super cute. And I should know, 'cuz I am one."
[autism intensifies]
>>
>>81044976
I think that's meant to imply she's insecure about being a girl.

Because of the PENIS.
>>
>>81044984
If that was the intention, you'd think he might linger on the point a little longer.
>>
>>81043733
I agree with Carla, I love abusing power. When I was a prison warden, I would have the guards beat random black prisoners for the lulz and the rape them. Abusing power is fun.....
>>
>>81044984

That's probably because having a penis makes you a man

Maybe that's why she acts so shitty; it's the closest she can get to being a bitch.
>>
>>81043733
Could and have abused.

Seriously. Their relationship was founded on Ruth fucking robbing her. Which is not only an abuse of power but probably actually criminal enough to get her fined or something.
>>
>>81045001
I mean, yeah Willis is a shitty writer, but that doesn't mean he makes EVERY writing mistake ALL the time. This is an instance where brevity works.
>>
File: 1457195445003.jpg (84KB, 500x751px) Image search: [Google]
1457195445003.jpg
84KB, 500x751px
>>81045032
Thanks /pol/ I really care about your insights.
>>
>>81045030

I know, right? When I was head of security in a concentration camp, it was fun as fuck pulling little Jewish girls out of line for some off-the-record recreation, if you get my meaning.

Heh, I liked it when I told them I wouldn't kill them if they got me off, then tossed them in a gas chamber anyway.
>>
>>81043733
>I guess so you aren't eventually extorted

did I have a stroke? I have read this 5 times and have no idea what the fuck this means
>>
>>81044535
>It doesn't strike me as consistent with the sort of "strong independent" character (read: indifferent asshole) Willis thinks Carla is.
Don't you remember how "she" reacted when Mary brought up the boy's room?
>>
http://walkypedia.wikia.com/wiki/Walkypedia_Wiki?useskin=oasis
>>
>>81045079

Oh I'm not from /pol/, I'm a doctor.
>>
>>81045130
So am I.
>>
>>81045123

Oh no, anon, you don't understand.

Trans people are literally, intrinsically unable to cope with being misgendered. As a rule, it will send them scurrying for the nearest corner to rock in.
>>
>>81045142

Small world!

Ever performed a triple bioctemy phallicular introsection before? That tendon is a bitch to reintegrate.
>>
>>81045177
No, because I'm not a surgeon.

I also don't look up terms on Wikipedia to pretend to be some random ill-defined doctor on /co/.
>>
>>81043733
>tfw you actually support trans rights and view people as they choose to present themselves and all that, and this is fucking undermining that.
I read "and I should know cuz I am one" and actually support trans people less now. He's literally striking a negative blow for queer rights.
>>
I can't find Animu drawings of the characters on Google Images. WTF, I thought it was popular enough to get Animu'd?
>>
>>81045117
Ruth is saying that Mary is extorting her. Using the word blackmail instead of extort would make it more obvious, though blackmail and extortion aren't actually synonyms.
>>
>>81045215

Nigga if any word after "triple" was a real word, it's news to me.
>>
>>81045234
oh! I know how you'd fix it then
>I guess so; you wouldn't be eventually extorted

also, fuck off she totally abused her power all the time, she slapped the shit out of Mary and asserted dominance over Billy when she stole her cheer leading jersey

does Willis even read DOA?
>>
Prediction time: Carla will chimp out on Mary and beat the shit out of her and get away with it.
>>
>>81045234
It's a weird kind of extortion, where she demands Ruth "do her fucking job" and "not play favorites granting special privileges for people who don't even live there."

Mary really doesn't seem to be using it against her. Just keeping it as a Mutually Assured Destruction should Ruth decide to be that powertripping asshole she's proven to be in the past.

So... Mary is still the good guy?
>>
>>81045263
Don't worry, "tendon" is a real word.
"Bitch" is a real word also.
Ending sentences with a question mark isn't a word, but it is grammatically valid, so you don't have to worry about that either.
>>
http://walkypedia.wikia.com/wiki/Storylines_(Joyce_and_Walky!)
>>
>>81045285
Because that was done for comedy. You are suppose to find it funny and laugh.
>>
>>81045303
No, Mary's a bitch. She's the correct guy.

>>81045309
It also has an implied subject in case you were wondering.
>>
>being told to do your job
>extortion
Why is Ruth the worst
>>
>>81045387
>She's Canadian
>She's a ginger
Two things wrong with her.
>>
>>81045356
>It also has an implied subject in case you were wondering.
I wasn't, but I appreciate being informed of it anyway.
>>
>>81043733
I REALLY REALLY want to give Willis the benefit of the doubt. BUT FUCK DUDE.
Panel 2 is REALLY badly written. It probably wouldn't bug me so much if it wasn't specifically Carla saying it. Subtlety just is not Willis' strong suit.
>>
>>81045409

As a ginger, I'd like to clarify that not all reds are as poor a character as she, and the Council of Carrotops have officially attainted her several months ago.
>>
There has been A LOT of Carla recently. It's gritting.
>>
>>81045501
>any ginger
>not being a soulless monster
>>
>>81045501
Given her hair color I'd wager she's not a natural redhead.

>>81045500
Just imagine that Carla is hitting on Ruth and being really shitty about it. It also works with her interactions with Mary.
>>
has one noticed all the worst characters usually have red hair?
>ruth
>becky
>carla
>>
>>81045561
>Given her hair color I'd wager she's not a natural redhead.
What gives you that impression?
>>
>>81045573
We should have a special name for them.
>>
>>81045553
oh my god, you can't just call them a ginger. That's their word.
>>
File: just kidding its average sized.png (200KB, 701x642px) Image search: [Google]
just kidding its average sized.png
200KB, 701x642px
>>81043733
The worst part is, I DO find Carla cute. I'd dare to say Willis goes out his way to make her the cutest. She has the roundest chin, glasses, a perfect figure, difined feminine lips short/shorts or short skirts, and jumps around on roller blades. She's so aggressively cute that dare I say, I believe it's realistically impossible for her to be trans unless she went through hormone therapy since she was 1. She's more feminine than half the girl characters, even!

So lines like panel 2 really just feel forced as fuck. We know she's a cute girl Willis. I can roll with that. But don't just shove it down my throat.
>>
Why hasn't anyone stabbed Willis yet?
>>
>>81045553

We are a proud and upstanding people, I'll have you know.
>>
>>81045620
>a perfect figure
She's a rectangle
>>
>>81045620
>The worst part is, I DO find Carla cute. I'd dare to say Willis goes out his way to make her the cutest. She has the roundest chin, glasses, a perfect figure, difined feminine lips short/shorts or short skirts, and jumps around on roller blades. She's so aggressively cute that dare I say, I believe it's realistically impossible for her to be trans unless she went through hormone therapy since she was 1. She's more feminine than half the girl characters, even!
Carla is the result of the Anime trope "Design a female and call it a male" But with Wills it's "Design a female and make it a male that calls itself female".
>>
>>81045655
>Not wanting to fuck a rectangle with two triangles attatched.
They're the two sexiest shapes and you know it.
>>
What's the point of making the comic in strips anyway? This isn't on a newspaper or magazine.
>>
>>81045620
I think the real issue is Carla ISN'T treated or written like a trans character.

She is just female, it doesn't affect her personality or life in any way except she can't join a roller derby team (even though, in the real world she COULD do to exclusion laws being put in place to make sure this doesn't happen even for hobbies like that)
Everyone likes her even if she's not pleasant. Treats her exactly like she wants to be treated. No one is awkward around her, missusing gender-words, awkwardly trying to distant themselves from her when she is dealing with trans stuff

She's just a female that THINKS she used to be a man, in fact, that would be a better twist
>>
>>81045576
It's the same color as Garnier Olia 6.65 Light Garnet Red.

>>81045620
Her parents are loaded and give her whatever she wants. Aside from completely explaining why she's a shitty person, it also means that she probably started hormones early and has had plastic surgery.
>>
>>81045754

I suppose, this being DoA, we're not gonna go the realistic route and have Carla kill herself.
>>
Good lord I hate this comic.
>>
>>81045815
Well, I doubt we'll timeskip where everyone is in their mid-20's.
>>
>>81045738
I mean, I can at least say, since she passes so well, no one would know to treat her different except her close friends and maybe Ruth knows?
Plus in Willis world everyone defaults to progressive as hell or ultimate bigotry monster. There's no place for someone to be MILDLY uncomfortable. If you feel uncomfortable around trans people then you must want to inflict violence upon them (with your hurtful words)
>>
>>81045841
Word of Willis said we're never going to get past the first semester of Freshman year
>>
>>81045855
How is that going to work?
>>
>>81045829

Willis will go on without knowing he's a hack and that makes me upset.
>>
>>81045854
oh I agree, but I call that bad writing. Instead of trying to write a truthful experience of being a trans woman in college by researching other peoples experiences and hopefully helping someone cope when they read about Carla, Willis just made a fantasy world where anything remotely going against someone's belief is treated by covering your ears and going 'La La La'
>>
>>81045815
Why would you want to bring realism into this? If we had realism we wouldn't have Toedad, and that's not a world I want to live in.
>>
>>81045875

In all the years he's been working on the comic, we've gone through about, what, a month in-universe?

He'll be dead before we reach summer.
>>
>>81045875
Sliding timescale.

>>81045841
I might be working on a story about that. I think I should be ashamed.
>>
>>81045948
>a month in-universe
How did all that went on to now all happened within a month?
>>
>>81045989
bad writing mostly
>>
>>81045989
It seems longer because there's like 4-5 plot threads going on on any particular day.
>>
>>81045989
>Becky mentions the Chick-fil-a gay protest stuff happening when she was a child
>that whole thing happened in 2012
>the comic takes place over the course of a month and started in 2010

Clearly the story takes place in a dimension where the passage of time is meaningless and nonsensical.
>>
>>81046117
Was the comic even dated to be set at a specific time.
>>
>>81046117
>>81046132
Given a sliding timescale where it is always the current year and ages remain constant, she would have been 14 in 2012, 15 when the strip was posted.
>>
>>81045332
It's hard to laugh at stuff like that and while the drama of the comic seriously

Is it wrong to beat women? According to DoA, who knows?
>>
File: willis.png (87KB, 904x646px) Image search: [Google]
willis.png
87KB, 904x646px
Wow, nobody's fixed anything yet.
>>
>>81045296
This
>>
>>81046216
what's there to fix
>>
>>81046192
Oh jeez, it's a universe where it's always
>current year
>>
>>81046283
That's why it's so progressive
>>
>>81043733
>What the hell's the point in having power if you can't abuse it?
it is amazing that willis manages to make me hate carla every time she's on panel
its like he's thinks unlikable=quirky
>>
http://i.imgur.com/1cAqop1.png
I feel like Willis is trying to make me hate Carla. Too bad she's still a cute.
>>
>>81046216
>>81046401
Bwhahahaha! That's hilarious!
>>
Posting this shit ought to be bannable. It needs to go the way of ponies and SU

It's been years. There is no train wreck novelty anymore, you faggots. Stop drizzling /co/ with this loose stool of a webcomic.
>>
File: cereberus.png (73KB, 635x530px) Image search: [Google]
cereberus.png
73KB, 635x530px
Cerberus crushes it and continues to crush it. EVERY.SINGLE.DAY.
>>
>>81049002

>The bullshit victim blaming Ruth threw at her

You mean asking her why she antagonized Mary? That's "victim blaming"? And that's somehow not okay?

So, to sum up "victim blaming" in these people's minds, let's say there was an idiot in, I dunno, Texas, and he was thinking about, I dunno, jumping into a river filled with alligators. And despite all the warnings he's given he says "Fuck the alligators", jumps in, and is immediately pulled under and eaten.

If I were to shake my head and say "What a fucking retard", I'd be victim blaming?
>>
File: jesus take the FIST.jpg (384KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
jesus take the FIST.jpg
384KB, 1000x333px
>>81049786

Depends. Are the alligators devout servants of the Lord?
>>
>>81047296

It's a single thread which isn't even always active and rarely, if ever, spills over into other threads.

Why would it go the way of ponies or meme-hate-SU?
>>
>>81049002
how can one person write so much shit about fucking nothing
>>
>>81049832

Ridding humanity of the defective genes of some Texas hick? I'd sure as hell say so.

True story, too. The idiot's last words were, and I quote, "Fuck the alligators".
>>
File: 1327842802157815213[1].png (170KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
1327842802157815213[1].png
170KB, 636x358px
>>81049866
To be fair, that sign was misleading as fuck.

Seriously.

It CLEARLY states that there were no alligators swimming in there.
>>
>>81045130
You can be
both?
>>
>>81050077

If I were from /pol/ I wouldn't allow certain minorities in my practice. As it is, I serve everyone equally, white, Asian, Mexican, niggers, kikes, faggots...
>>
>>81049853
I kinda want to see Cerberus do long-winded, panel by panel commentary of other comics.
>>
File: shark-intelligence-2a-550x350.jpg (42KB, 550x350px) Image search: [Google]
shark-intelligence-2a-550x350.jpg
42KB, 550x350px
>>81043733
I'M A GIIIIIIIIRL
I'M A GIIIIIIIIRL
SUCK MY DIIIIIIIIIIIICK
I'M A GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRL
>>
>>81043733
I'd say one of the bigger problems with Carla is that she thought to build her entire personality on a single cartoon character.

A well-rounded person would have constructed an identity based on a theoretical amalgamation of no less than three.
>>
>>81045263
i'm curious where he needs to reintigrate a tendon in a penile procedure. or why the penis has valves. or what has the penis so introspective
>>
Question:

Are any of the characters in this comic supposed to be likeable or is the author's intent to make a comic about horrible people?
>>
>>81045829
Everyone is so unlikable and face-punchable in the comic.
>>
>>81050195
It seems more like she built her personality around one of those gonzo comedy show hosts from the early 2000s.

>Hi, I'm Carla and welcome to Assholes! Today we're going to mace Joyce in the snatch, stay tuned!
>>
>>81050195
my sister knows this girl who's fucking obsessed with the little mermaid - she dyes her hair red, doesn't eat fish, she even got a dog like the one prince eric had recently

she also insisted that people called her ariel when she was younger but i think she knocked that off

she's in her mid-20s
>>
File: 1423453232679.jpg (887KB, 1261x3193px) Image search: [Google]
1423453232679.jpg
887KB, 1261x3193px
>>81043733
>i am one
>>
>>81049905
that IS pretty crappy sign
>>
>>81045079
he is kind of right. Well, technically having XY chromossomes makes you a man, to be more certain. But today we can work with "having a penis makes you a man"; but having no penis doesn't mean you're NOT a man either. Many people lose it on accidents, for example. While having the organ, or at least part of the reprodutory system is important, it's genetics in the end.

just to add. up, there is no way to 'change sex' yet, for that same logic. Cutting a dick and putting a hole there is not the same as 'making a women'.
>>
>>81044673
Carla's the quirky sociopath who Makes Life Fun! *ding*
>>
>>81051084
When I was in middle school I based my personality on Jim Carrey Ace Ventura. .
. that was a mistake.

On a side note I don't even like the actor anymore since he bashed Kick-Ass 2.
>>
>>81045156
Even the Strongest and most Independent will shatter like glass with a single word. I recall a while back seeing a report from a vendor where a customer or two lost their shit when the seller asked "Hey dude, which shirts do you want?"
>>
>>81045216
And yet he's getting interviews from various comic news sites for being a "voice" for the LBGTA communities. After all, who knows the pulse of their experience than a straight fanboy with didn't do anything sexual until college.
>>
>>81051315
Having a Y chromosome makes you a man.

There's no surgery to make downsies appear normal, but if there were, they'd still be downsies because their genes say they are.

So yes I'm in the chick w/ dick = chick category, provided the dick was added later.
>>
>>81050632

>Are any of the characters in this comic supposed to be likeable
Yes
>is the author's intent to make a comic about horrible people?
No

Hence, why he's a hack. The funniest thing is, he generally adds depth and subtlety to the plot or characters, only to become irate when people recognize it as depth and subtlety, at which point he clarifies "No stupid, THIS is how I meant to write it" and then goes all out ruining it in the comic.

The whole "Sal's parents are racist to her" thing, for instance. We are provided with a small sample of instances that could *potentially* be seen as the parents favoring her brother over her, which could also potentially be construed as an act of racism on their part. We are left to ponder, are they really racist? Is there another reason they're favoring Walky? Are they favoring Walky at all? Is this just all in Sal's head? Are these memories selective, a tiny sample of "They chose my sibling over me!" in a lifetime in which both of them probably had a fair share of such moments, maybe in equal measure? There might actually be some interesting developments to this...

Nope, Willis comes out and clarifies the parents are racist, it's because she has curly hair/blacker skin/"acts black"/etc,
>>
>>81051854
>acts black
>robbing stores is acting black
Gets me every time
>>
File: NightVale.jpg (30KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
NightVale.jpg
30KB, 300x300px
>>81046117
Time Doesn't Work in Indiana University.

Maybe it's because I just read the Night Vale book, but it would be amusing to have characters start wondering why none of the freshman ever age.
>>
>>81051373

Well to be fair, I imagine the people in charge didn't expect somebody to look at the giant reptiles floating around and think "I'd like to gallivant with gators today".
>>
>>81051882

It's funny how ardently his readers insist that we should forget the robbery ever happened.

Like, if you suggest that maybe her mother is aloof to her in the present because she utterly embarrassed the family and committed a pretty serious crime, instead of because "I like your hair "more white"", you'll be greeted with the hostile insistence that, NO! She's been punished! She's served her time (figuratively)! Her mother is a bitch for talking to Walky and not her!

Another thing: Sal's father literally said "I like your hair when it's white". Not "straight", WHITE. You can't like straight hair without being a raysiss, you ignorant bigot.
>>
>>81051882
>>81052076
Meanwhile the actual black character is studious and goal-driven towards her career choice of lawyer.
>>
>>81052198
and yet all of her drama revolves around white people, funny how black people are only important when white people are directly involved in their lives
>>
>>81052260
This is basically the story of Africa.

People are like NO AFRICA HAD MIGHTY EMPIRES LIKE THE MALI and who cares they're dead and you got nothing to show for it
>>
>>81051887
I love listening to this on my daily commute.
>>
>>81052260
That's why Sarah is the best, she wants none of that Willis white people drama.

Also her interaction with Dinah is great.
>>
>>81052311
and that's why she'll never have a pornigraphique
>>
>>81052338
>not wanting Dinah to cuck Becky with Sarah

Think positive, anon. Or just choose to interpret that drawing of her and Joyce in the laundry room as her publicly masturbating.
>>
>>81052391
the girl was masturbating to a book about bondage ketchup
>>
>>81052391

I smell a Dina/Sarah/Joyce/Becky orgy.
>>
>>81052417
While tricking Joyce into masturbating next to her.
>>
>>81052466
how exactly do you trick someone into masturbating?
>>
>>81052497

Very carefully
>>
>>81052497
You have a sheltered, Midwest Protestant girl and sit her on top of a running washing machine without telling her what might happen.
>>
>>81052569
so that's like, rape right? Does Willis promote rape?
>>
>>81052636
No, it's nothing like rape as there is no coercion or force involved, there is only one person involved, and all she has to do is shift her position in order to make it stop.
>>
>>81052679
whoa whoa whoa don't victim shame her you piss baby
>>
>>81052735
Are you saying black people are rapists? Is that what this is?

Probably should stop before someone thinks we're serious.
>>
File: TwjROZN[1].png (211KB, 472x327px) Image search: [Google]
TwjROZN[1].png
211KB, 472x327px
>>81052762
everyone already thinks we're serious
>>
>>81052294
>>81052294
It's pretty fun stuff. I need to catch up on some of the recent eps and Alice Isn't Dead stuff.

It's kind of hard to capture the surreal nature in book form, but I think they pulled it off. I liked the main character, a lady who's forever 19 and running a pawn shop. She kinda shows how essential a constant routine can be for some people.

Kind of like, oh, a college slice-of-life comic that never leaves freshman year.
>>
>>81052848
My God, 4Chan *is* one dude!
...or one lady. Hacking is an equal opportunity career after all.
>>
>>81052848
>when you just want to shittalk a comic and shoot the breeze with some anons but everyone thinks you're an elite hacker
>>
>That one guy on Walkypedia who keeps reverting the pronouns on Carla's page to "he"
>>
>>81043733
So which of the characters in this comic are actually cute lesbians and which ones are cute transwomen?
>>
>>81053051
Joyce isn't a lesbian.
Ergo, there are no cute lesbians.
>>
File: is this knave for real.jpg (163KB, 600x436px) Image search: [Google]
is this knave for real.jpg
163KB, 600x436px
>>81043733
>"could"
>not "did"
Be honest about it man.
>>
>>81053126
Dinah. Though her statements about her sexuality could imply bisexuality.
>>
>>81051711
> I'm in the chick w/ dick = chick category, provided the dick was added later
keep telling yourself that faggot
>>
>>81043733
This is an edit, right? I know Willis is a fucking hack, but this is just below pathetic.
>>
>>81053126
same anon here

basically every character in this webcomic looks exactly the same, with its CAD-tier art. if one character is cute they're all cute
>>
>>81044887

Yeah, and at the same time it's not like evangelion or similar situations where the characters act all awful because of their awful miserable lives, so you can't exactly pity them either.
>>
>>81045641
At least the other guy had the courtesy to do it himself
>>
>>81053691
A decent writer could do that for Becky. A stifling, repressed childhood full of guilt and doubt, college experimentation pretty much immediately goes bad and gets her outed and pulled from school, run away to avoid being forced into conversion therapy, childhood dreams of hooking up with her best friend crushed, dad shows up and tries to kidnap her at gunpoint, is an 18 year old college dropout who is homeless and broke, and her entire support network consists of her friend, the girl she just started dating, and a bunch of practical strangers.
>>
>>81044976
>>81044984
>Mike walks by
>"Yeah, so am I, can I borrow your shower cap?"
>>
>>81043733
If only they weren't just around for Willis' agenda.
>>
>>81054109

But that would make becky weak and flawed and showing any LGBTOMGWTFBBQ character in a less than perfect light is clearly oppression, anon. Lesbians need happy endings, remember? What about all those lesbians who got killed off on CW shows? Becky has to be perfect because they weren't!
>>
>>81043733
>"Fraternizing" with anyone on this floor could get me terminated."

Is that true? I know RAs are kind of in charge of their floor, but they're still college students. A bit of hooking up is only to be expected. And it's not like they actually have all that much authority. What "power" could she abuse, exactly?
>>
File: 3-1.png (194KB, 1111x333px) Image search: [Google]
3-1.png
194KB, 1111x333px
Hey this is back.
>>
>>81054109
This is what I love about DoA. If you ignore everything shitty about the writing, and all the crappy "jokes", you can pretend it's an awesome drama.
>>
File: Crusader Mary aku.png (134KB, 623x711px) Image search: [Google]
Crusader Mary aku.png
134KB, 623x711px
>>81055098
Mary makes me want to become a good Christian starting this Easter.
Actually going to church right now.
>>
>>81051887
>>81052294
>>81052865
I got it from Audible a while ago, but then I got really into The Black Tapes and haven't' had time to listen to it.

Which reminds me, I still have 3 Audible credits I need to use before my half price trial runs out.
>>
>>81055591

There's a difference between making friends and boning students. The latter is heavily frowned upon at best, punishable at worst.
>>
>>81056027
But RAs are students.
>>
>>81055621
And here I thought you were done with this one and focusing on your other comic.
>>
>>81056078

They're still under your authority.
>>
>>81056158
Nah, I just had some complications the past two weeks where I couldn't draw on the computer at all.
>>
File: 1458562770769.jpg (6KB, 216x146px) Image search: [Google]
1458562770769.jpg
6KB, 216x146px
>>81055621
>confetti
nice
>>
>>81055444
>Lesbians need happy endings, remember?

Even a realistic approach would be a happy ending. There would be uncertainty and hardship, but freedom. Willis inadvertently managed to write a story that could be interpreted as subtextually showcasing the notion of Christian charity.

>>81055641
It really does have the plot of a great drama.
>>
>>81055641
DOA is in this weird place between absoulute shit and something Decent, and the thing holding it back is Willis, his guilt, and his oh so progressive fanbase.
>>
>>81043733
>"Fraternizing"
More like "sororizing"! Am I right guys!?

Sapphicizing?
>>
>>81045620
>The worst part is, I DO find Carla cute. I'd dare to say Willis goes out his way to make him the cutest. He has the roundest chin, glasses, a perfect figure, difined feminine lips short/shorts or short skirts, and jumps around on roller blades. He's so aggressively cute that dare I say, I believe it's realistically impossible for him to be trans unless he went through hormone therapy since he was 1. He's more feminine than half the girl characters, even!

FTFY
>>
>>81049905

I got the impression it was saying that you shouldn't swim due to the presence of alligators.

Seems like the most obvious conclusion to draw actually.
>>
File: virgin.png (534KB, 1837x333px) Image search: [Google]
virgin.png
534KB, 1837x333px
>>
>>81045226
Sorry man, we only got creepy drawings of how Car-la the transformer would really look like
>>
>>81045714
Its because its easier to make in a few minutes and just do a bunch and get that sweet sjw patreon cash
>>
>>81053172
Well if we wanna go full Tumblr on this shit, isn't there like some bullshit sexuality where you are only sexually atracted to people who you are also romantically attracted to? Dinosexual or something
>>
>>81059523
Demisexual.
It was a non-existant sexuality made up by like a high schooler for an RP and people started identifying at it.
>>
>>81059614
But Dinosexual sounds cooler, I wanna fuck a T-rex or a chiken
>>
>>81059659
One of those is way easier to do. REALLY easy if you're into necrophilia.
>>
>>81059659
So you're a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus? Just like me?
>>
>>81059040
he's got cleavage?
>>
>>81055098
Hey, you've been posting those to the comment section too, right?
Funny how Willis wankers and 4chuners agree on CarlaxMary being cute.
>>
>>81060264
I think I've only posted one Carla x Mary to the comments. I mostly just post Carla solos, cuz last thing I want is to start an argument.
>>
>>81060552
I've posted one of those myself once and reaction was positive.
Forbidden love conquers all.
>>
File: image.png (173KB, 724x955px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
173KB, 724x955px
>>81055643
I'm proud of you anon. God bless.
>>
File: carla&mary.png (388KB, 952x599px) Image search: [Google]
carla&mary.png
388KB, 952x599px
>>81060632
>>
File: blowncover.png (905KB, 1000x995px) Image search: [Google]
blowncover.png
905KB, 1000x995px
>>
>>81060552

I think it's funny how they seem to like you and your fanart pretty well, yet you frequent 4chan as well.

It would blow their fucking minds if they found out.
>>
File: Knight-chan.jpg (76KB, 640x854px) Image search: [Google]
Knight-chan.jpg
76KB, 640x854px
>>81062030
I don't care what /tg/ says, girl knights are cute.
>>
File: United by Faith and the Cause.png (389KB, 916x1079px) Image search: [Google]
United by Faith and the Cause.png
389KB, 916x1079px
>>81062340
>>
File: EasterMary.png (156KB, 518x827px) Image search: [Google]
EasterMary.png
156KB, 518x827px
>>81062030
>>81062425
>>
>>81062340
What? /tg/ loves girl knights! Especially reverse trap knights. And regular trap knights. Actually, it's more that /tg/ loves traps in general.
>>
>>81063455
>tfw you'll never be a cute trap princess being rescued by a cute reverse trap knight with a cute squire of indeterminate gender
>>
>>81062425
Can someone edit the symbols to be Loss?
>>
>>81063590
>The Holy Order of Knights Penitent of the Loss of Jerusalem
>symbol is a "damaged" Cross of Jerusalem
Could work.
>>
File: 1455163401030.png (187KB, 724x955px) Image search: [Google]
1455163401030.png
187KB, 724x955px
>>81063590
Someone already did
>>
File: big joyce.png (183KB, 461x606px) Image search: [Google]
big joyce.png
183KB, 461x606px
but where's Becky?
>>
>>81063455
/tg/ sounds like they need more rogues. Or less rogues.

A modified number of rogues.
>>
File: 1455992751693.png (828KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1455992751693.png
828KB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>81062308
Oh, I already made that apparent. Hell I argued them down that 4chan isn't as "evil" as they think. It was pretty futile and I decided after that that I'm done arguing, because I'm far too outnumbered there.
>>
>>81058124

No, it's an indication that the gators in the waterway are wading, or walking, but not swimming
>>
>>81069330

Mo, Im pretty sure its to warn about the presence of alligators.

Use a little critical thinking, here. Alligators do not walk, or wade for that matter,. Their legs are not built for walking upright.

There would logically be no reason to post any sort of warning about a scenario that literally is not possible to happen. Think, man. THINK.
>>
>>81069500

I think he's joking.
>>
File: alligator-walking-02[1].jpg (417KB, 1400x914px) Image search: [Google]
alligator-walking-02[1].jpg
417KB, 1400x914px
>>81069500

Where is your faith, anon? If the LORD says an Alligator can walk, that Alligator may walk, even though all deny it.
>>
File: notumblr.gif (323KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
notumblr.gif
323KB, 450x338px
>>81069500

Oh yeah? Then how do you explain hippo ballet?
>>
File: 03-underwater_01[1].jpg (45KB, 570x427px) Image search: [Google]
03-underwater_01[1].jpg
45KB, 570x427px
>>81069563

Also most people can't tell when Alligators are wading because, being highly water tolerant, their wading is more hardcore than ours is
>>
>>81043733
>And I should know
>I am one
L I E S
I
E
S
>>
>>81069688
that's surprisingly cute
>>
>>81069779
No swimming, though.

Alligators get freaked out by humans, and a big enough one will put puncture wounds in your entire body.
>>
>>81069779
I wish they weren't so deadly. That makes me want to swim with them.
Oh god is that their plan?
>>
>>81069597

You ARE aware that that's a cartoon, right? Stuff that isn't possible in real life happen all the time in cartoons. So your picture is pretty much besides the point.

>>81069563

Where did the Lord say this? Im pretty sure it was taken out of context.

>>81069688

The warning is still about the presence of alligators, and is telling people not to wade or walk in the area.
>>
>>81070066
>Where did the Lord say this? Im pretty sure it was taken out of context.

Deductive logic, anon. The LORD says that a crippled man can walk, and if he believe, he can walk, and so he does.

Have the Alligator faith in the LORD, then it too can walk.
>>
come on. 20 minutes until next comic.
>>
File: Or a handjob.png (406KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
Or a handjob.png
406KB, 1000x333px
>>81073426
Here .
>>
>>81074196
>Panel 1
I don't think that's what happened. Does Willis read his own comic?
>Panel 4
WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?
>>
>>81074196
>magical power of bigotry

who the hell used bigotry to make you deliver damn cookies?!
>>
>>81074196
I really wish Willis' commentators find someone like this in their life. I'd like to see how quirky and free-spirited they think someone like Carla is when they're the ones on the other end consistantly
>>
>>81074196
>started using me
I'M PRETTY FUCKING SURE YOU DECIDED TO DELIBERATELY ANTAGONIZE HER ALL DAY.
>>
>>81074287
It's amazing how nobody wants to admit that Mary was going to blackmail Ruth regardless of Carla's involvement. It's like the idea that she was just a small tick on Mary's radar kinda' blows their minds.
>>
>>81051634
>thought that said "most independent will shatner" at first
>>
>>81074405
Like, Mary's blackmailing Ruth AND she's transphobic. The two don't have related. Carla just happened to be the target of Mary's anger that day, and Carla got all deer in the headlights. Ruth's involvement wasn't some calculated plan.
>>
>>81074505
I...Can't Believe You....Would Say that....To Me...I am...Literally Shaking.
>>
>>81074196

>Started using me to needle you via the magical power of bigotry

WHAT? WHAT?!

You fucking mentally-deranged madMAN! YOU fucking started it! SHE wanted peace and quiet and YOU had to start shit and that's why she "misgendered" you!

Fuck you, Willis. You're a fucking talentless piece of shit.

And by the fucking way, "misgendered" sets off the spell check. You know why? 'Cuz it ain't a fucking real word!
>>
>>81074196
I would feel a lot worse for Ruth if she hadn't tried to blame Billie for their breakup. Lady has some issues.

>Y-you don't have to hug me.
This is definitely a normal reaction to have to someone offering a hug. Cause if you accept the hug and they change your mind, that's hug rape. Don't forget that.
>>
>>81043733

>What the hell's the point in having power if you can't abuse it

I just realized, that's exactly the attitude Mary's having right now. How nice for Carla.
>>
>>81074769
>change your mind
*change their mind
>>
>>81074646

Careful you don't get ass-barfy.
>>
File: support.png (383KB, 1150x330px) Image search: [Google]
support.png
383KB, 1150x330px
Also, make more edits!
>>
cerberus hasn't commented on today's strip yet, I need my fix
>>
File: joinmeontheguilttrip.png (262KB, 822x332px) Image search: [Google]
joinmeontheguilttrip.png
262KB, 822x332px
>>
File: finallyaepiphany.png (534KB, 975x667px) Image search: [Google]
finallyaepiphany.png
534KB, 975x667px
>>
>>81081670
>everyone else here gets to act the role of asshole to their heart's desire
Maybe because there's a shitty RA who is an asshole
>>
>>81082659

Yeah, the "I should be an asshole because everyone else is" thing is stupid if only because NOBODY should be an asshole.
>>
>>81082848
I dunno if they're actually assholes that seems okay. I just don't think most people on the floor are assholes, it's mostly just Ruth.
>>
File: loss.png (501KB, 529x669px) Image search: [Google]
loss.png
501KB, 529x669px
>>81082877
It just doesnt make any sense at all.
Ruth doesnt give a shit about anybody.
She should give a shit about Billie at least.
But when it comes to Carla she suddenly gets guilt ridden and responsible???
Why on earth should she do that?
Why would she jump on Mary when Mary tried to stand up to Carla???
Why? Why? Why? It doesnt make no sense!
I mean Ruth is acting like she had killed Carlas parents by accident and has a lifelong guilt to protect her now.
MAKES NO SENSE!!
>>
>>81081670
Is her argument seriously "I should be free to be a dick because I'm trans"
>>
>>81082980

Because Mary "misgendered" Carla.

And that's LITERALLY rape.
>>
so the only thing that's happened the last two weeks is:

>Joyce took the family car without asking
>Walky talked to Amber on a roof
>Carla delivered some cookies and talked to Ruth

This shit is slower than QC
>>
Wow someone tried to fix the carla and weblinks page on the wiki but they left the david article untouched. Heh.

I reverted his changes.
>>
>>81074196
Does Carla qualify as a sociopath?
>>
>>81083041
nah she has empathy she just wished she didn't

she's a sociopathic-wannabee which is kinda worst
>>
File: 2012-01-03-disabuse[1].png (317KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2012-01-03-disabuse[1].png
317KB, 1000x333px
>>81082980
Whoa! I wasn't calling her an asshole because of the Mary thing. It was because she's bad at her job and used her power to torment a girl until she Stockholm Syndromed herself into being in a relationship.

But yeah I agree, it's weird that Carla is the thing that's making her realize she shouldn't do a shitty job.
>>
>>81074196

Shit like this really, really, really makes me hate the transgender.

So good job Willis. I went from apathetic to wanting to drag one behind my car.
>>
>>81083101
Jesus Christ, why the hell am I supposed to sympathize with Ruth.

She's like that kid who no one likes in school so you try to have lunch with him and then you slowly learn why no one likes him because he's a fucking awful human being.
>>
>>81083037

That's all fun but I wish people would lay off his wife. I'd rather needle him directly than fuck with someone we have no beef with just to get to him.
>>
>>81083236
yeah, I honestly feel his wife keeps him in check. If she wasn't around every character would be a shortstack lesbian with Amber hair
>>
File: DeleteStashRemix.png (325KB, 1026x335px) Image search: [Google]
DeleteStashRemix.png
325KB, 1026x335px
>>81083127
I know, right? She's the worst.
>>
File: nomorebooze.png (310KB, 1200x333px) Image search: [Google]
nomorebooze.png
310KB, 1200x333px
>>81083127
I used to like her for some reason (probably Stockholm syndrom).
But since she dumped Billie to support Carla I'm really pissed off!
>>
File: much rejoicing.gif (479KB, 370x280px) Image search: [Google]
much rejoicing.gif
479KB, 370x280px
>>81055621
>The dewd is back
>>
>>81081759
Fuck. This actually tugs on my heart strings a little. I bet even Willis and his fans would like it.
>>
>>81082877
>Ruth: Physically threatens and has actually violently asserted her dominance
>Billie: Goes on benders,Fights back against Ruth, is just generally snobby to her "friends"
>Joyce: Pure maiden who drew dicks on everyones door.
>Sarah: Antisocial and pessimistic
>Malaya: A cunt, although she really hasn't done anything to anyone yet.
>Sal:A delinquent who jumps out of windows and bangs her TA in hopes of improving her grades.
>Sierra: Waifu material
>Amber: Shut in who's always on the computer, except when she's jumping out of windows in a big yellow jumpsuit and cape.
>Roz: Drunken hose beast. Fucks anything with a pulse.
>Mary: Self-important christian who wants to go against "Heathans" (ie. anyone who doesn't believe what she believes)
>Carla: Just a general nuisance. Goes around being obnoxious because she finds it funny, haha.
>Dina: Almost a blank slate of a person. the most interesting thing she's done is have a sex drive.
>Marcie: Cute Mute who wants to skate and bang Malaya. Clearly has no flaws.

They're all just different flavors of asshole, really.
>>
>>81084223
>Becky absent from list
Go back to Tumblr, Internet Willis Defense Force.
>>
>>81084223

Leads me to question why we're even here.
>>
>>81074726
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Citations:misgender
>>81084407
Becky's horseshit would take an entire paragraph by itself.
>>
>>81084609

Tis in the Wiktionary but not the dictionary
>>
>>81084407
Becky doesn't go to school there so obviously I left her off the list. We're talking about the girls in Ruth's Dorm. Who cares if BECKY gets to be an asshole. Ruth has no jurisdiction over her.
>>
>>81084725
Give it another decade; it sounds stupid, but words do get in the dictionary simply because they're well-used. Shit, we've got words like "selfie" in the dictionary, "misgender" sounds downright intellectual in comparison...
>>
>>81085052
That's because it's a suffix attached to a word in a way to give it accurate meaning. Selfie is just plain old idiom
>>
>>81085212
FUCKING PREFIX sorry shit
>>
>>81046216

I was noticing that Carla's entry is brutally and problematically misgendered.
>>
>>81045902

and people get furious if you suggest this is a bad representation of trans people, because trans people have been through enough, this is a happy place, don't take the happy place away.
>>
>>81052294

I keep going back and forth on it. It's wonderfully written most of the time but the narrator's voice is just...it's like Ira Glass from American Life or Garrison Keilor from Prairie Home Companion, you either love it or you fucking hate it.
>>
>>81085699

Yeah, I suggested that he wasn't doing anybody any favors by making Carla shut down and I was all but called a shitlord and transphobe.

I guess they don't want respect. Oh well, who am I to defy their right to wallow in the mud with the worms?
>>
>>81085699
It's a get out of criticism free card because even if it's written like shit, if someone feels they've experienced something similar, they'll latch onto it and will assume if someone doesn't like it you're attacking the idea that it happens and not just the fact that it's not done very well.

Like the new Ghost Busters. It looks pretty shitty in every way, but people will assume your biggest issue with it is the all female cast, rather than the all monkey script writers.
>>
File: careless.png (334KB, 1000x418px) Image search: [Google]
careless.png
334KB, 1000x418px
Also, make more edits!
>>
>>81085938
>>81085852

I don't think there is a trans person in the world who would react to a private intentional misgendering with shocked acquiescence, what with it being a personal insult in that situation, maybe if Mary had said this out loud when everyone was around it'd work but not like this.
>>
File: tumblr_n1a8akaID01qkinreo1_500.png (190KB, 388x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n1a8akaID01qkinreo1_500.png
190KB, 388x750px
>>81086272
I have no doubt in my mind that there's transexual people who'd react like that. Mostly the hyper sensitive babies that are his audience. But someone as strong willed and intentionally antagonistic as Carla? Hell no. She'd fucking come back at Mary like a hurricane.
>>
>>81045620
She can shove something down my throat ;D
>>
>>81086506
There is literally no evidence that Carla is strong willed
Going around antagonizing everyone doesn't mean you're strong willed
>>
>>81088174
Well she's the leader of her little group of friends and seems to be very "fuck everyone". Even if she's just putting on a facade, she doesn't seem like a pushover.
>>
>>81086568
>not wanting to dom the shit out of Carla
>>
>>81089109
Guys, Mary's the one who's gonna recieve the hard throbbin' carla bone.
>>
>>81067555

MORE EDITS
>>
File: 1458592237643.png (659KB, 965x664px) Image search: [Google]
1458592237643.png
659KB, 965x664px
>>81086080

I made these two.

They're terrible, and plagiarized, but more is better
>>
File: edit2.png (264KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
edit2.png
264KB, 1000x333px
>>81090043
>>
>>81089695
If anything, Mary/Carla deserves the clusterfuck that is a dom/dom relationship.
>>
>>81086080

Give us templates, so that us less skilled editors have something to work with
>>
>>81090067
http://imgur.com/XSNi7ZA
>>
>>81088235

She's the leader?

I thought Sal was the leader and Carla was just the one who bought their illegal alcohol.
>>
File: 3-2.png (289KB, 1111x333px) Image search: [Google]
3-2.png
289KB, 1111x333px
Ooh wee, boys being bois.
>>
>>81090692
>http://imgur.com/XSNi7ZA
Nice job, Yoto!
>>
>>81090152
Use Paint.net!
You can easily clear the speech bubbles by drawing a filled ellipse.
>>
>>81091389
I'm usually ambivalent towards these, but this joke is great.
>>
>>81092083
That's an oldy. I actually posted a new carla lewd earlier in the thread.
>>81046402
>>
>>81079197
>Let me give you a fiver
you were so close to perfection
>>
>>81046402
What a jerk.
>>
File: 1455434619369.png (362KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
1455434619369.png
362KB, 1000x333px
>>
>>81050692
fuck slipshine, I'd pay to see that instead.
>>
File: sorry.png (932KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sorry.png
932KB, 1000x1000px
Maybe Ruth gets better if she gets her own medicine...
>>
>>81095760
this is best

the
>>
>>81067555
To think that the only thing keeping this comic from being great is Mary not being less impotent and petty and more a hyper-aggressive nymphomaniac.

Oh, and Willis being a pandering gravy-train hack
>>
>>81090692
>that Mary
absolutely cute

>>81091389
Ok, I kek'd
>>
>>81074196

Fucking hell. Ignoring those LASER EYES in panel 4, Carla is making herself out to be the least sympathetic character ever.

>refuses to recognize that deliberately antagonizing people has consequences
>shows little to no concern for the situation her would-be savior is facing
>blatantly says "I don't feel any guilt for my involvement in your shitty situation and making it worse."

At this point I am rooting for Toedad to break out of jail and just kill everyone
>>
>>81095760
It's funny how much a random stranger on the internet can improve shitty webcomics.
>>
>>81043733
Carla's awful.
Thread posts: 290
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.