[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Captain America

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (37KB, 332x443px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 332x443px
If an important part of Captain America's story is that he's a poor kid from Brooklyn then how come he isn't depicted as having a Brooklyn accent in the cartoons/movies?

Shouldn't he sound like Bernie Sanders?
>>
>>81032758
Not everyone from Brooklyn has the accent, just the older natives. Sanders is a New York Jew
>>
>>81032796
...But Steve is an older native. He was born in the 20s.
>>
Why would the kid of poor Irish immigrants who was a teen in the 1940s that later went on to join the military sound like the kid of two middle class Jews who grew up in the 1950s and then went onto a career of activism and politics?
>>
>"I'm just a poor kid from [wealthy white neighborhood]"

Every time
>>
>>81032930
Brooklyn wasn't a wealthy neighborhood in the 30s, son. They even joke about it in AoU.

Crazy what a couple of decades and some gentrification will do.
>>
>>81032758
Only jews and italians have that stereotypical accent. Steve was a kid from irish immigrants, so he's pretty normal.
>>
Am an irish kid from brooklyn, do have that accent, it is a goof.
>>
>>81032930
he was Irish in a period where the Irish were a discriminated minority
>>
>>81032758
they never give them the accent they are meant to. Spider-Man is man to have a really distinctive Queens accent too, you never hear that from any VA's
>>
>>81032930
a irish person being something other than poor in the thirties?
Are you drunk son? Irish were the niggers of europe, the americans hated them, killed them whenever possible to prevent them from having sex with the white girls.
>>
So what does /co/ imagine Cap sounds like?
>>
>>81032758
>SuperSteroids, Olympic-level athlete, master tactician/strategist, unarmed/armed combat virtuoso, superb leadership skills, Omega-level "Amurrica!" hangup

I'm pretty sure a Brooklyn accent wouldn't be much of an problem to overcome.
>>
>>81033119
>>81032904
>>81032796
Thank you for re-affirming my belief that most of 4chan has no idea about the world beyond what it sees on the Internet.
>>
Lots of people don't have an accent stereotypical to the region they're from. You'd be more likely to hear more regional turns of phrase or vocabulary if he's comfortable enough to lapse into it. I'd like to see that, actually.

Bucky has a mild NY accent at times, though that may just be the actor having lived there for so long.
>>
>>81033270
>were
>>
> Cap sounding like Bernie

Now I am imagining Cap saying stuff in Bernie's voice
> I'm against the millionay class, wall street executives and Red Skull
>>
>>>81033308
>"I ain't loil ta nuthun', Sarge, 'cept da dream! Plant yaself loike a tree in da riva a truf!"
>>
the Super Solider serum improved his accent alongside everything else.
>>
>>81033753

Irish Americans didn't start moving out of that discrimination until after WWII. The time Cap was growing up, things would've been pretty rough for him.
>>
>>81032758
Steve is only from Brooklyn in the MCU and I assume in the AA cartoon, in the comics he's from the Lower East side of Manhattan.

And speaking of accents, I dunno if it was just me but in EMH Steve sounded like he had a bit of that old timey Transatlantic accent, I kind of liked it.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.