[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about the Inhumans?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

How do you feel about the Inhumans?
>>
>>81032730
Like them. Like the All-New team more than the Uncanny team. Hope they keep the political stuff and go hard on that aspect.
>>
>>81033031
how do like them being a significant group alongside and equal to metas and mutants?
>>
As a big X-men fan...I don't hate them I just hate how Marvels is shilling them so hard
>>
>>81033340
I am indifferent. I'm a newer reader and I haven't read much old x-men to have the same attachment to them as some fans. At worst it's another cheap way to get powers. At worse it's an interesting powered culture you can mine for good conflict.
>>
>>81032730
I like the inhumans, but I wish that they weren't turned into x-men lite.
>>
>>81033480
>As a big X-men fan...I don't hate them I just hate how Marvels is shilling them so hard

esto
>>
i keep meaning to read the soule/mcniven book for Kang but putting it off
>>
I wish they were allowed to focus on how alien and strange inhuman culture is instead of being X-men lite.

Let inhumans be weird.
>>
>>81034077
But Kamala is the most (only) popular inhuman, they need more like her

Unless you want to count Crystal and Hellcat
>>
Still waiting for Ahura/Kamala issue.

Kid's super lonely.
>>
>>81032730
I like them
>>
I want to stick my dick into Daisy's hot cleavage.
>>
File: 1451901641741.jpg (973KB, 976x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1451901641741.jpg
973KB, 976x1500px
>>81032730
I've liked them ever since I read Earth-X
>>
>>81034992
That idea of Black Bolt's being that powerful was done better in Paul Jenkin's and Jae Lee's Inhumans mini.
>>
File: 1456352249191.jpg (736KB, 752x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1456352249191.jpg
736KB, 752x1000px
So what exactly is the difference between Mutants and Inhumans? They are both genetic conditions. Is it just a scheme by Marvel Corporate to use Mutants in the movies and circumvent Fox's XMEN right?
>>
I don't like any premise which is "here's a whole shitload of people with superpowers" but at least it isn't full of teenagers like the X-Men (so far).
>>
>>81034160
>Kamala is the most (only) popular inhuman
>Getting outsold by UI despite being in flagship title avengers and guest starring in like five other books
Other then Medusa, Kamala is being advertised more than any other single Inhuman.
>>
>>81035130
>full of teenagers like the X-Men (so far).
that's surely the end goal, if they want success
>>
better mutants. since they removed the constant need to be irrationally hated because "muh bigotry allegory/metaphor".
>>
>>81035198
Did they though? Because Kamala's book seems to imply there's anti-Inhuman sentiment, it just isn't as intense as the muties
>>
>>81035187
What?

Kamala sales are fucking solid
between 30-40k which is normal for all solo superheroes including Cap, Flash and Wonder Woman, she was doing better than Ironman before Bendis too
>>
>>81032730
I like them, both before Inhumanity and after. It just sucks that you can't discuss them without X-Fags jumping in to whine.
>>
>>81035242
If Kamala, Dust, and Faiza were in NYC battling Dr. Doom. Afterwards all the blame and hate or the property damage would be on Dust.

It is just the way things work in Marvel. IF you have the X gene, you are hated like nothing has ever been hated.
>>
>>81035121
In the comics Inhumans generally have their shit together and function better as a race since they actually work like normal genetics with it being transferred from parent to child instead of anybody and anywhere can have the x-gene. They generally are written almost completely opposite in how they handle things when it comes to the x-men but Marvel are using them as mutant replacements right now.
>>
>>81035121
Pretty much mutants who made a country heavily influenced by their powers and have lived in isolation for thousands of years.

Now they got a bunch of immigrants moving in with the nuhumans.
>>
No better than mutants
>>
Best girl
>>
>>81035242
Kamala is getting picked on because she became the face of gentrification.

Kaboom and Kamran are try hard hipsters who joined Lineage.
>>
>>81035263
>Kamala sales are fucking solid
Are you under the impression I said she was doing bad? I was implying that she is not the most popular Inhuman. Kamala is doing super fucking well for a new character.
>>
>>81035121
Mutants: experiment by celestials along with Eternals and deviants. Next natural progression of evolution for humanity.

Inhumans: Early humans experimented on by the Kree as a possible new avenue for genetic evolution, utilizing Terrigen crystals to mimic the powers Eternals exhibit. Later had home city transported to Blue Area of Moon because prophecy.
>>
>>81035242
>Kamala's book seems to imply there's anti-Inhuman sentiment,
Did I miss that part? I thought she was getting hate because Hydra framed her and used her as their spokes person for gentrification.
>>
>>81035447
aren't the inhumans made by the kree to be used as soldiers by the kree?
>>
>>81035427
>Kamala is getting picked on because she became the face of gentrification.
And that is why supers should trademark their name and image.
>>
>>81035427
Do all her villains start with a C or K?
>>
>>81035509
At first. Then the whole matter was settled and they shifted focus to the new crisis. Then just sorta forgot about the experiment.
>>
>>81035509
They were but kree only succeed in making slightly stronger/smarter humans and that really didn't help them. The terrigen crystals didn't exist until thousands of years after the Kree gave up.
>>
>>81035420
She won't come back anon. Lash keeps showing up but the rest of his crew stays back.
>>
>>81035550
Captain Cuck when?
>>
So who would have had the inhuman gene for Kamala to get it? If the Terrigen mists hit her family who would get the powers?
>>
>>81032730
The Inhuman Royal Family seems interesting. Could not give less of a fuck about the NuHumans though.
>>
>>81035874
We already have Mike.
>>
>>81035881
Both her parents were gassed and neither were effected.

Kamran gave Aamir fake terrigen and he got some temporary powers as a reaction.

Kamala might also be adopted:
>>
>>81036028
They don't always exhibit powers. Dante's whole family was exposed but he and his mom were the only ones to transform.
>>
I really like the concept of the Inhumans, but the execution so far has been... boring. They really are just X-Men lite. I feel like they should be doing whackier space/science adventures instead of the usual boring shit of running around New York and saving hipsters.
>>
>>81035775
Soule tweeted they will return
>>
>>81036238
when did he say that?
>>
>>81035881
It is possible it is a recessive gene considering what happened with Dante's sister.
>>
>>81036226
>science adventures
even more boring
>>
Like them but they need more weird.
>>
>>81036226
That didn't happen in either one of Inhumans books going right now. Although I do agree that cosmic would probably suit the Inhumans better. Excluding the wanting them to be mutant replacements Marvel might have also thought a cosmic book would fail because basically all of the cosmic books besides Bendis Gotg are selling horribly right now.
>>
>>81032730
could care less about them. I'm an older Anon who read Avengers, Cap, Iron Man, X-men, Spider-man, and Conan from the late 70's through the early 90's.

I get that Inhumans are a classic Silver Age element of Marvel with a lot of care taken with them from Kirby, but it was never my thing because Marvel as a company never bothered to promote them. Silver Surfer & Fantastic 4, yes, but not these characters that were related to those books.

Now Inhumans are being shoved front and center and as an older reader, all I can do is shrug with a 'meh. whatever'.

The only books that have my interest from Marvel currently is Astonishing Ant Man because it's fun, and the previous All New All Different Ghost Rider because that book tried new shit and had a lot of heart put in it.
>>
>>81036437
cosmic is niche shit, you won't get two books out of it
>>
>>81036270
On his twitter
>>
>>81032730
Love'em.
But I wish they would have stayed in space, but I'm loving Uncanny Inhumans, taking a pass on All-New until Araujo is off the art.(Please tell me it's only an issue right?)
>>
>>81036838
>Please tell me it's only an issue right?)
Two issues
>>
File: 212151.png (619KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
212151.png
619KB, 800x450px
>>81035121
I like to think of it like this -- Mutants are the natural part of earth while Inhumans are the foreign element. I see that as why mutants are getting wiped out by the terrigen mist, my hope is that a future story arc will expand this idea make the Mutants act, (or evolve), as the anti-bodies to the in-human exposure. Biologically they would both be a threat to each other but both sides would have to overcome it as heroes do or end up overwhelmed by the new ecosystem the terrigen bomb created.
>>
>>81035420
Next time you see her they will age her up and make her gay.
>>
>>81037162
THAT'S EVEN BETTER!
>>
>>81037162
>they will age her up
I hope not, I don't think her powers will look cute on an adult.
>>
>>81037317
But the boobs!
>>
like most people my age I grew up with x-men. So it sucks how Marvel is focusing more on movie profits, which makes sense since comics are an anemic industry and the money is in the films.

I understand that outside of name and origin they're just "mutants" and the same types of stories can be told and it shouldn't upset me. It's just all the legacy and time I have with x-men makes it hard for me to care about or be interested in inhumans.
>>
>>81037317
Ya well most artist cannot draw kids and most writers don't seem to want to write them. Just look at the young x-men like glob and Ernst , they aged them up last issue so it's still a thing.
>>
>>81037364
Plenty of girls with those already, why turn a niche cute girl into adult with the same generic body pallet like the rest.
>>
>>81037577
>niche cute girl
But that's almost every single female character now in Marvel. Cute and boring.
>>
I really hate how they are being transformed into movie friendly mutants. Beyond that I know nothing about other than they fucked up the world of Earth X with basically the same plot they're using in the mainline now and that they own slaves.
>>
Balloon Girl needs an origin issue
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.