[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he everything you hoped for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 464
Thread images: 67

Was he everything you hoped for?
>>
Well he's the best Punisher so far.
>>
>>81003826
Yes
>>
yeah he did a good job
>>
His size is the only thing that bothered me. Frank isn't supposed to be a manlet.
>>
>>81006287
>italian character
>being tall
who you foolin?
we are not a large statured people, but our feisty nature makes up for it
>>
I was inpressed. Kinda wish he got a bit more screentime but it's all good.
>>
>>81003826
No, the casting choice was disappointing
and so deterrent
>>
>>81003826
No, Berenthal is a shit actor. He plays one character, Shane, and that's it. There was nothing uniquely Frank about him.
>>
>>81003826
Honestly? He's better than comics Frank.

Don't get me wrong, he didn't do a lot of new things, but they crammed all the best moments of 40/50 years of Punisher comics into like 4 hours of screen time.

Small stuff like having him actually smile (as opposed to smirk) at Karen for mentioning his family, without compromising his unrelentlessness at the end by killing the dude without mercy. The fact that he used to sing and listen to music did wonders too.
>>
>>81003826
I feel like he has the same problem as MCU Captain America:
He doesn't have the presence of the character.

I'm not saying he's not intimidating when he wants to be, but he's not imposing or anything.
>>
File: live action frank.png (568KB, 540x727px) Image search: [Google]
live action frank.png
568KB, 540x727px
>>81003826
He's everything I ever wanted in a Frank. I Franking loved him.
>>
File: penny and dime.jpg (53KB, 1200x657px) Image search: [Google]
penny and dime.jpg
53KB, 1200x657px
>>81003826
That monologue delivered in Penny and Dime was cliche as fuck but he did a great job delivering it.

I really liked him as the Punisher. Easily the best person to play the role on screen.
>>
looks like only marvel drones are in this thread

he was a shit punisher
he wasn't imposing, or scary, he was a manlet with a stupid look

if he was a brand new character he would be good, but he is a shit punisher
>>
>>81003826
he was about everything I expected, which was good
still doesn't hold a candle to comics frank, but he fit the series well and he was able to call murdock on his bs
>>
>>81003826
I would watch a Bernthal as Frank spin-off show.
>>
>>81007466
>Everyone likes Bernthal
>One guy hates him

>looks like only marvel drones are in this thread!!!!!!
>>
>Frank listening to Earth Wind and Fire

Shit like that completely buys me. You can't pull it off in a movie, you need a whole season of brooding for it to hit you.
>>
The skull was fucking perfect, I was scared they'd lame it up to make look less comicy but God damn it's perfect
>>
File: franciscocastillo.jpg (111KB, 600x457px) Image search: [Google]
franciscocastillo.jpg
111KB, 600x457px
>That fucking "I am the Punisher" delivery in the court outburst

Yeah i fuckin loved it. Not in a "Muh punisher" way, he's a weird mix of Punisher Max and Netflix Marvel universe character
>>
He was incredible.
>>
>Frank talking about love
>Frank listening to funk
>Frank singing kids songs to his platoon
>Frank not being a complete douche-bag when talking to people that cared about him, bust still being assertive
>Frank still going fucking mental and franking everyone and using people he cares about as bait.

Yeah, best Frank ever. He was so fucking good, you didn't notice he fired like 20 bullets on camera, apart from the first episode raid.
>>
Recast him pls.
Manlet frank is distracting
>>
He was terrific. Like a young DeNiro, no joke. Best supporting performance I've seen on a TV show in years.
>>
>>81003826
Frankly, yes. Yes he was
>>
>>81003826
Best live action Frank and it's not even close. And to think I was disappointed when I heard they cast him...
>>
>>81007283

The thing that struck me is that he didn't just kill the guy without mercy, he killed the guy without really caring. Like he realised that it won't end with revenge and just moved on to his crusade against crime.
>>
>>81006428
You can be a big guy without being 6'6".
>>
Frank is listed as 6'1 on the Marvel 616 wiki page.
>>
>>81003826
Does he ever wear the skull?
>>
>>81010084
At he end he spray paints a skull onto his bulletproof vest
>>
>>81003826
who's this potato-ass faggot
>>
>>81007430
Penny and Dime monologue is performance art fucking gold. Bernthal knocked that shit out of the park, and I applaud him as Punisher.

Thought he did an amazing job and was by *far* the best part of the season.
>>
>>81010067
>manlet
No wonder he has so much rage in him.
>>
>>81003826
Yes. Berenthal proved to be a brilliant casting choice. Except he didn't get enough to do in the finale.
>>
>>81008079
>Yeah i fuckin loved it. Not in a "Muh punisher" way

This. I thought he was great even though his personality wasn't terribly accurate to the comics.
>>
>>81003826
Scrawny manlet.

No
>>
>>81007466
You have shit tastes. It's because you're retarded. Sorry it wasn't my little pony or something to pacify your faggy autism.
>>
>>81009855
5'10" is tall for an Italian
>>
>>81008452
If you're not saying this about Leto you're a faggot. MArvel's casting is so much better than Dc's they're not comparable. You're just not very smart.
>>
>le manlet maymay

You're all a bunch of highschoolers still going through puberty who won't reach 6'
>>
>>81010067
3 inches is nothing, unless you're autistic. We have a Joker who's nearly a foot too short.
>>
>>81003826
best punisher to date
>>
>>81008403
>Punisher is not a fucking robot fueled by tomato soup so it sucks
Bo-fucking-ho
>>
>>81012091
joker doesn't rely on physical intimidation nearly as much as the punisher
don't get me wrong, bernthal's punisher is great, but the fact that daredevil is the same height as him is distracting at the very least
>>
>>81012048
For you.
>>
>>81008403
>Frank being a human during his service and losing his shit after losing his family
I see nothing wrong with this. It makes me like him more actually.
>>
>>81004204
>Well he's the best Punisher so far.
This. His portrayal was acceptable and probably the closest in looks to Frank that you are going to get.
>>81006287
>Frank isn't supposed to be a manlet.
He's only about 3 inches shorter than Frank's wiki height.
>>
I think if the worst someone has to say about a character is spouting dank /tv/ memes, it's probably doing soething right
>>
File: cZOGt1L.jpg (179KB, 886x574px) Image search: [Google]
cZOGt1L.jpg
179KB, 886x574px
>>81003826

yes, yes, and yes!

i wasn't sure how i would feel about it after his epic performance in walking dead, i didn't think i would be able to see him as the punisher no matter how much he cosplayed as him, which he didn't until the very last episode of season 2, and this dude fucking killed it as punisher! he was so good he set the bar for all other punishers before and after him, he is the best live action punisher to date and its going to be hard to top him in hollywood, tv, or netflix!

10/10 punisher performance! totally believed it and felt like punisher to me the whole time! loved it! fucking brutal and savage!
>>
>>81011967
>scrawny manlet

did you even watch the show? did you even see him in action????
>>
>>81014782
Frank has a gun to your head, doesn't he?
>>
>>81011676
This was my only problem. I wanted him Franking hordes of ninjas with that mini-gun at the end, or something to that effect.
>>
>>81003826
She's 12
>>
>9 cups of coffee, Frank would call that a good start
>>
So it's just going to be ignored that frank knows Matt is daredevil now?
>>
>>81017356

Seriously! You can't tease the Punisher getting his hands on a minigun and then NOT have him use it!
>>
>>81007283

The difference between TV Frank and comics Frank (specifically, MAX Frank) is that comics Frank has been the Punisher for decades.

By the time we see him in MAX it's been 30 years since his family was killed. They're a distant memory and he's been murdering the shit out of people for three decades. Every little burr of passion he had has been worn down.

On Daredevil everything is still raw. His service and his family are still very recent in his life, and he still has a lot of humanity left. A running theme in MAX is that Frank is basically doing his best to remove every bit of humanity in himself, so on the show it's like that same character without thirty years of mileage. And thats a version of the character we never saw in MAX. We saw him in Vietnam and we saw him 30 years later. The show is basically filling in that gap in the character.

>tfw Garth Ennis will never write a series focused on Frank's earliest days of being the Punisher
>>
File: NErNjaptLAhKuA_4_b.jpg (70KB, 600x325px) Image search: [Google]
NErNjaptLAhKuA_4_b.jpg
70KB, 600x325px
>>81017615

he knew the whole time, from the second he showed up at the hospital to be his lawyer

you can see it in his reaction by hearing mats voice first without seeing him

it clicked

he even said "i know who you are"

think about it!

they will have a talk about this in season 3! just watch!
>>
>>81003826
He's not big enough.
>>
>>81018081
Yeah I picked up on that as well. His first words to Murdock are " yeah you're that guy who defends killers" or something like that. The scene was directed well enough that it was heavily implied that he knew.
>>
Yeah but they spent too much time stroking Frank Miller's ninja-loving dick.
>>
>>81018081
I liked that there wasn't the obvious "Will he reveal my identity?" bullshit.
>>
>>81012269
I thought that post was praising him.
>>
>>81017737
Maybe we'll see it in a spin-off/next season, anon. I want a few over-the-top weapons scenes. Like alien tech or some shit.
>>
File: 1457402307835.jpg (108KB, 497x504px) Image search: [Google]
1457402307835.jpg
108KB, 497x504px
>Karen tries emotionally blackmailing Frank into not franking the Blacksmith(saying its not what his family would want, he'll be dead to her etc.)
>mfw "I'm already dead"
>>
>>81013728
>the closest in looks to Frank that you are going to get.
Bernthal was the best Frank. Stevenson was the best Punisher.
>>
>>81018081
I fully expected for Frank to go "you sound familiar Red" after Matts speech during the trial
>>
>>81018943

Jesus Christ, not every character is fucking Batman. Frank and Punisher are the same guy, there is no division between them.
>>
>>81013728
3 inches is quite a lot.
>>
>>81018973
It's not about that; Stevenson wasn't nearly as developed as Bernthal, mostly because it jumped straight into killing people without any sort of backstory and Bernthal had all the development in the world on his personal approach to his war.

So my assessment is correct. And more than that, I specifically pointed out the looks part. I'm not saying which one is best, just pointing out that looks-wise, Stevenson is closest to being the perfect Punisher.
>>
>>81008403
That makes this Punisher sadder than other versions. If his family hadn't been killed he might have had a normalish life. He loved his kids and even though it seemed like he had some marital problems he loved his wife. His life was never going to be easy considering all the shit he went through in ese but it he would have made it worked. His family had him and he had them until he didn't and then all he had was his war.
>>
>>81017453
>>81017453
https://youtu.be/OGp9P6QvMjY
>>
>>81019115

I think Thomas Jane looked better, especially in Dirty Laundry.
>>
>>81017575
More realistic than chronic alcoholic Thomas Jane Punisher.
>>
>>81007466

Fucking this. The level of delusion about this show approaches TDK trilogy levels.
>>
i didnt really buy into it at first but damn he brought a level of intensity to that role. The direction also helped alot when Frank showed up he was like jason vorhees with an assault rifle
>>
>>81006287

He could stand to bulk up a little bit but other than that the portrayal was perfect.
>>
>>81019016
Is that what your girlfriend tells you?
>>
I would think of all the superheroes who could get away with not being super massive, the one who shoots people and lays IEDs could probably get away with it the best
>>
I don't know how anyone can compete with that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp9OkXHXas4
>>
>>81003826
I was excited before I saw him and then really disappointed for the most part by him. I want to like JB but he just kinda has no range of acting.

Also why does this show always have the most fucktarded final episodes every time? I want to puke whenever I see those shit slow-mo shots with the 3fps and every time Matt grunts. That fucking nod he does to DD when he snipes them ninjas was the cheesiest shit I ever saw.
>>
>>81012091
Joker is small in most incarnations
>>
>>81020535
savage
>>
>Sounds like a party.

He's simply the best, better than all the rest.
>>
I'm I the only one who thinks that Daredevil and the Punisher should be in the Avengers instead of Hawkeye and Black Widow? They're both way more interesting those those boring shits.
Fuck me I want to see him in Civil War.
>>
>>81021689
Keep them away from the Avengers. Marvel films are fucking awful compared to the Netflix shows.
>>
>>81021756
This x100
>>
>>81021756
Most Marvel movies are better than Jessica Jones, that's for sure.
>>
File: 224064_1985528200193_4190222_n.jpg (40KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
224064_1985528200193_4190222_n.jpg
40KB, 479x720px
>>81021756
>>81022011
>>
I liked him. At times, he was almost too emotional, but it still worked. There's room for him to be a stone cold killer as well. And I liked the costume, even if we only got a glimpse at the end.
>>
>>81022072
Jessica Jones is awful and you know it.
>>
>>81019389
seconding
>>
File: MY KINDA FRANK.png (154KB, 429x630px) Image search: [Google]
MY KINDA FRANK.png
154KB, 429x630px
>>81003826
Just about.
>>
File: You're a faggot.png (197KB, 768x393px) Image search: [Google]
You're a faggot.png
197KB, 768x393px
>>81022113
>>
>>81003826

Too emotionally fragile, he was just Shane with a dead family.
>>
>>81022141
My kind of Frank
>>
>>81022096
>I liked him. At times, he was almost too emotional, but it still worked. There's room for him to be a stone cold killer as well.
My thought is, hes still too new to Punishing, and his pain is still too fresh for him to have that emotional distance from it. If he keeps going for a while, his overall attitude will harden, most likely, as he spends more time in the mindset of "What I do, I do out of necessity." Given that, I really liked this Punisher.
>>
>>81022216
That's how I considered it too, once I finished the series.
>>
>>81022197
Rottentomatoes is useless when it comes to TV series, this is a widely known fact.
>>
>>81022289
>Rottentomatoes is useless
Yep.
>>
>>81022289
Yes, everyone should listen to you instead.
>>
>>81022368
Why are you so anally devastated about someone calling Jessica Jones shit?
>>
>>81003826

Yes. He was great.

Once again this board gets blown out cause "LOL HE WAS SHANE IN TWD WILL HE RUB HIS HEAD A LOT? xD"

Literal spastics
>>
>>81022419
It might be a fat feminazi tumblrina
>>
>>81022419
Because instead of sharing criticisms is mostly stems with her either fucking Luke (which triggers people here) or LE SJW BOOGEYMAN.
>>
File: rottentomato.jpg (43KB, 551x450px) Image search: [Google]
rottentomato.jpg
43KB, 551x450px
>>81022197

I binged JJ in 3 days, 12 hours long and if you asked me to recall what happens in it, I'd probably tell you 10 minutes worth.

It's a dumb show
>>
>>81022451
Or Bendis.

>>81022466
Fuck off with your poorly-paced, melodramatic show filled with annoying, underdeveloped characters Bendis.
>>
>>81022574
This, basically. If Jessica Jones had Kilgrave as an overarching villain who never really got directly involved until the last few episodes, it would have been better. If it had spent a lot of time in between dealing with different cases and actually being a PI, it would have been cool, and they wouldn't have had to repeat the same 10 minutes for 13 episodes.
>>
>>81022574
Personally the bitches face puts me off. Is she constantly rolling her eyes or what?
>>
File: burned.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
burned.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>81020535
>>
>>81022466
If you want criticism, then alright:
>Story gets stuck in a retarded loop of Kilgrave being captured only to escape
>Fight scenes suck
>Dark to a farcical extent.
>Nuke subplot goes to shit
>Obnoxious retarded twins
>Lesbian love triangle subplot that leads nowhere
>Cringeworthy sex scenes shoved in for no reason other than """"""maturity""""""
>The subplot about Kilgraves victims meeting up and discussing their feelings leads nowhere
>Main character is a useless asshole fuckup.
>>
>>81022690
So basically

>Le Black man taking mah whitewomen
>LE SJWs

Wow, such criticisms!
>>
>>81012269
The only thing that sucks here is your reading comprehension.

Well that and this guy's tastes >>81007466
>>
>>81022732
Those were some fair criticisms and you know it. Stop being ass mad because know one likes your shitty show.
Use more buzzwords if you have to.
>>
>>81022141

MY KINDA FRANK.

And yes OP, Bernthal was even better than I expected. Him and every scene with Fisk were easily the best parts of an otherwise uneven second season. I hope he can actually get his own series in time.
>>
>>81022732
This is unbelievably obvious bait.
>>
>>81022732
Anon, that's some weak ass trolling.
>>
>>81022732
epic troled /b/ro!
>>
Lets face it, they put in the Punisher because they knew that the Electra & Hand wasn't going to carry the series.
>>
>>81022732

He literally didn't mention black man having sex with white woman anywhere. You're reaching hard that people aren't slurping over that poorly written show. You pretty much ignored everything else he said.

The lesbian lawyer sub-plot went nowhere and got a lot of screentime for no good reason. The girl Jessica wants to save ends up killing herself anyway. The show was a giant waste of time. Get over it.
>>
>>81022630
Yeah, the overuse of Kilgrave was the season's biggest problem. Daredevil had the right idea with building Kingpin up gradually as a threat and things coming to a head in the last third of the season.

You could have done the same thing with JJ, dropping hints to Kilgrave for the first few episodes and only having her figuring things out about halfway through the season. Like maybe it turns out some of the cases she's been working have been set up by Kilgrave, and the whole case with Hope ends up happening around episode 5 or 6. Then you could have a huge reveal with her figuring out not only that Kilgrave is back, but how much he's been messing with her.

Hell a big part of her appeal is the whole PI angle, but there's absolutely no mystery to the Kilgrave arc at all.
>>
>>81017453
>>
>>81022197
>Seriously taking RT in count
>Thinking JJ is better than S2 of DD
>>
>>81022799
Maybe. It would have been kind of a jump to go from Season 1 as a badass crime drama meets grounded superhero, to Season 2 with actual fucking ninjas.

and before you ask, yes, I've read the comics, I know the ninjas are a thing with Daredevil, it'd just be awfully sudden for the series.
>>
>>81022816
I loved the scenes where she was actually doing her fucking job. Even when she was stalking Luke, it was at the very least interesting. With Kilgrave it was the same shit repeated over and over ad nauseam.
>>
>>81022854

They had actual ninjas in Season 1 though.
>>
>>81022854
They could have made the Hand/Yakuza/their front a legal nemesis as well as a ninja one i suppose.

But that could have been retreading S1 too much.
>>
Anyone else laughing at the thought of fagboy Joss Whedon being buttblasted about everyone loving Punisher?
>>
>>81021689

>Daredevil and the Punisher should be in the Avengers instead of Hawkeye and Black Widow?

They're much better yes but it wouldn't work.
>>
>>81022894
I think the Punisher + The Hand/Elektra worked surprisingly well with the series.
>>
File: 0MZYj9jN_400x400.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
0MZYj9jN_400x400.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
>>81022919
mfw
>>
File: 1401344074906.jpg (3MB, 4096x5768px) Image search: [Google]
1401344074906.jpg
3MB, 4096x5768px
When is Captain America going to show up?
>>
>>81021689
Punisher isn't a team player and I doubt Cap and Tony would approve of his "leave no survivors" tactics.
>>
File: 124136346234.gif (1MB, 227x136px) Image search: [Google]
124136346234.gif
1MB, 227x136px
>>81022919
But of course.
>>
>>81023045
What about when it comes to aliens and robots? I wonder if he'll be tsundere for Cap.
>>
>>81019389
I'd like to think of Jane as early Punisher and Stevenson as later Punisher, when he's been doing it for a few years and gained some age.
>>
>>81023366
So JB is Raw Punisher?
>>
>>81023366

Wasn't that the story in the actual movies? 2004 was the origin while in WZ he'd been Punisher for five years.

I don't like Warzone but to its credit it's the only adaptation that actually portrays the Punisher as being the Punisher. In the Thomas Jane movie and in Daredevil he's seeking vengeance for his family's murder. But Frank doesn't really become the Punisher until he gets his revenge and keeps on going.
>>
File: 1428933552259.gif (2MB, 388x218px) Image search: [Google]
1428933552259.gif
2MB, 388x218px
>>81020535

FUCCCCCKKKKKKK
>>
File: 1446607624858.jpg (73KB, 300x259px) Image search: [Google]
1446607624858.jpg
73KB, 300x259px
>>81020535
outplayed
>>
>>81020535
sheeiiiiiiiit
>>
>>81022854
They set it up in S1 with the Stick episode, Nobu being a crazy ass ninja and the old chinese lady being an alien or something.
>>
>>81022968
Thematically it worked really well.

Both storylines serve to make Matt question his methods.
>>
People who complain about how his personality was inaccurate to the comics don't get it.

This wasn't a Punisher story. This was a story about Frank Castle's journey to becoming the Punisher. It was a story about him gradually losing his humanity and giving in to the Punisher identity, culminating in the shed scene where he responds to Karen's pleas with "I'm already dead."

He was humanised because he was still human, and by the end of the season he's on the path to becoming the almost inhuman killing machine that is the Punisher.
>>
So did he bang Matt?
>>
>>81003826
I was honestly hoping for steven segal
>>
>>81017999
Well also a major difference I find is this Frank is more chatty and loud in his rage. Punisher Max even in his Vietnam days was more of the strong silent type and even when he in full psycho kill mode he didn't say much.

Its a difference I can live with though what with two different mediums and all that.
>>
>>81021689
I like Hawkeye, but I probably wouldn't miss Black Widow if she just disappeared and never showed up again. That said, no I don't want them in the Avengers. It just doesn't fit.

>>81021756
I wouldn't mind the characters in the Netflix shows getting secondary roles and/or cameos in a couple films every now and then. Preferably films about other mostly street level heroes like Spider-Man. This all takes place in the same world after all, so I think they should make at least some effort to acknowledge that.
>>
>>81025029
It was good and all but I prefer the interpretation that he was always the Punisher. The whole killing his family thing was just an excuse for him to quench his insatiable bloodlust he picked up in Vietnam.
>>
>>81021689

what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>81025381
I like interesting characters?
>>
>>81025029

Frank was always the Punisher but that doesn't mean that who the Punisher is doesn't change.

They made very strong allusions to Born in this season (who else interpreted him as actually dying from that headshot and being reincarnated by Death?) and I'm positive we'll see more of Frank's war days in the future. The approach they took the whole season was to start at the surface and peel back layers and I don't think they're going to stop.
>>
>>81025178
>>81025428

I agree with that too, but I like to also think that, while he was always The Punisher inside, there was a time where he was human and emotional and happy.

I think this was a good show of that.
>>
>>81017999
>tfw Garth Ennis will never write a series focused on Frank's earliest days of being the Punisher

fucking trips confirm

i want this bad ;_;
>>
>>81025498

One of the points of The Tyger is that Frank was always The Punisher, but that only means he had that animal spirit inside a pretty normal human. It was circumstance that brought that spirit out in him, with the implication being that we all have the potential to become The Punisher because every human being is born with the potential to be The Tyger.
>>
>>81018137
Frank's facial reactions made the season.
>>
>>81025573

As a consolation prize, when The Platoon comes out we'll have stories showing all three of Franks tours in Nam chronicling his spiritual evolution from greenhorn to Death.

Maybe then Ennis will do a Year Ond style story, if we're lucky.
>>
>>81025657
>when The Platoon comes out
>when
>>
>>81022690
>Cringeworthy sex scenes shoved in for no reason other than """"""maturity""""""
The worst part of those was how they tried to get in some middle ground where people would hold up sheets to cover themselves while fucking and it created this really absurd effect where characters are going beyond missionary position with the lights off but they're not acting like they're really having sex. Either don't try to have "mature" sex or actually have the actors look like they're boning.
>>
>>81022141
My kinda Frank

the series brings up a question I had, though: MAX!Frank has got to be in his 60s by now if he was a Vietnam vet. The show brought him forward in time for obvious reasons, but Vietnam is a pretty integral part of the comics character. (In fact, I can't think of any other comics character so attached to a specific place in time.)

Do you think they're going to "reset" him to bring him forward in time, like the show? Will he retain his back story and just get old and die some time? Will he keep Franking, backstory intact, and just have it go unexplained?
>>
>>81025034
i sure hope so
>>
>>81020535
s a v a g e
a v a v
v a g e
a g e
g e
e
>>
>>81025842
>Do you think they're going to "reset" him to bring him forward in time, like the show?
In the comics? Rucka and Edmonson soft-retconned Frank into being from some conflict in the middle east (with Rucka it was someone talking about his service over a desert background, don't remember the exact mention of it for Edmonson). Never mind that Remender had de-aged Frank with the Frankencastle shenanigans so no retcon was necessary.
>>
>>81025842

I don't know where you've been, but MAX ended a while ago.

Under Ennis Frank's given birthday was February 16, 1950, meaning Frank would be 66 now. It doesn't really matter because there hasn't been an Ennis-written Punisher story set in the modern day since 2008. Even if he did it still wouldn't matter, because Ennis portrayed Nick Fury as being at least 20 years older than Frank and he was still a bad motherfucker.

Under Aaron Frank's birthdate was bumped up to 1947, making him 65 by the end. That series addressed the physical ramifications of his mission and his age. Also, he died at the end so theres no reason to update.

MAX is over. If we see more present-day MAX stories Frank will still be a Vietnam vet. When we get to the point where Frank would be ridiculously ancient then they'll probably just do period pieces. There is thirty years of stories for MAX!Frank just waiting to be told. They could do an entire series based around his partnership with Micro. Or they could do a True Detective and tell a Frank story that covers the 70s, 80s and 90s. Theres a lot left for them to do even if they don't want to continue telling stories about Frank in the '10s. And by "they" I mean Ennis.
>>
>>81025842
>In fact, I can't think of any other comics character so attached to a specific place in time.
Well, there's Cap with WWII but he has that convenient ice thing
>>
>>81007415
This. I got everything I expected.

Thank you, Daredevil, for not dissapointing me.
>>
>>81026184

I kind of want a "retro" one-shot or mini set in the MAX continuity that would at least give us a glimpse of Frank's activities in-between his family's deaths and the events of In the Beginning.

Could use Micro (he said he worked alongside Frank for nearly ten years), Jigsaw (he and Frank clearly knew each other in Girls in White Dresses) and maybe S.H.I.E.L.D.-era Nick Fury.
>>
>>81003826

It wasnt the old grumpy punisher of the comics. Its the young punisher of the start. And yes, i liked it.
>>
File: 1452743485720.gif (927KB, 301x300px) Image search: [Google]
1452743485720.gif
927KB, 301x300px
>>81020535

absolutely savage!
>>
>>81027863

Maybe a spiritual sequel to FuryMAX, a retrospective of his career as The Punisher.

My nipples are hard now.
>>
File: Снимок экрана (132).png (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Снимок экрана (132).png
2MB, 1920x1200px
Wow, poetic
>>
>>81025428
I kinda got the impression that "Kandahar" was this versions Valley Forge.
>>
>>81030365
That scene was Frank as fuck.
>>
File: jizz_face_by_loverush.jpg (46KB, 436x406px) Image search: [Google]
jizz_face_by_loverush.jpg
46KB, 436x406px
>>81026184
>>81026184
>Period piece Punisher
>>
>>81022919
Any sauce for that?
>>
>>81021689
What? Why? They're fucking street level heroes.
>>
>>81020535
Fucking savage.
>>
>>81030644

That was basically "Frank: The Motion Picture Event."
>>
>>81021689

No, but Black Widow should be in Daredevil.
>>
File: 1454221200829.gif (3MB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
1454221200829.gif
3MB, 370x370px
>>81003826

>that prison hall fight
>>
File: 1401752920942.jpg (34KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
1401752920942.jpg
34KB, 680x510px
>>81020535
>>
>If Frank hadn't stopped to spray paint his costume he would have got there in time to save Elektra
God dammit, Frank.
>>
>>81003826
Would have liked it if they skull'd him up from the beginning.
>>
>>81031464
>Shirt made awesome at the cost of psychobitch

Fair trade.
>>
>>81013728
It's not just about height (even though it sorta is), it's presence. MAX Frank was Xbox Mchueg and his sheer size and presence was intimidating as fuck. Berthnal's Punisher is intimidating, just not as physically.

I loved Berthnal's Frank, but he's not quite MAX Frank.
>>
File: punisher2001_13_cover.jpg (63KB, 527x800px) Image search: [Google]
punisher2001_13_cover.jpg
63KB, 527x800px
>>81031696

He might not be a physical match for the interior art, but Bernthal is right in line with Tim Bradstreet's Frank which IMO is definitive Frank.
>>
>>81031871
He's still freaking huge, mate.
>>
>>81032167

Height doesn't matter much.
>>
>>81032208
It sort of does. I bet you think Tom Cruise did a great job of portraying Jack Reacher.
>>
>>81032299

The Bradstreet design is very rarely seen next to other people so most of the times theres no sense of scale. He could be 5'6 or 6'4 and it wouldn't make a difference, height is not integral to that design.
>>
File: ThePunisher18_00.jpg (286KB, 1280x1977px) Image search: [Google]
ThePunisher18_00.jpg
286KB, 1280x1977px
>>81032436
A number of them do, and each one that does shows off his size. Regardless of what's integral to the design or not, the Punisher on in the inside pages is always intimidating physically and is far from 5ft 6.
>>
>>81032570
>the Punisher on in the inside pages

Irrelevant, I'm not talking about the Punisher inside the pages
>>
>>81003826
Best acting in capeshit since Ledger's Joker. He was fucking stellar and that cemetery monologue is one of the MCU's highlights so far.
>>
>>81032616
The point is, both versions are physically intimidating and are not small people. Which was my initial point - MAX Frank is not a manlet. And Berthnal doesn't quite pull off MAX Frank.
>>
Sequel when?
https://youtu.be/ng2KKzrxrQo
>>
>>81032702

Bernthal isn't a manlet though.
>>
>>81007676
This. That was great, I agree
>>
>>81020535
will he ever recover?
>>
>>81009081
>Best supporting performance I've seen on a TV show in years.
I thought the same
>>
>>81032809
He's under 6ft. He's a manlet.
>>
>>81032994
>tfw Frank Castle becomes an Emmy-winning character
>>
>>81025652
Body language was great too, loved how one of his hands would always shake when he got really mad
>>
>>81031262
That could be good
>>
>>81007676
>Karen with a gun pointed at her
>Starts the car
>Shining Star starts playing
That was fucking great.
>>
>>81032761

Probably never, especially since it was supposed to be a loose sequel to the Thomas Jane film.

And I doubt we'll get a wholly new game either, considering how Marvel has all but abandoned console gaming.
>>
>>81003826
I think he did a good job. The only thing I didn't like is that he didn't portray the character as being very smart. While the guy is definitely a bull in a china shop, he hasn't stayed alive so long without being intelligent.
>>
>>81030365
>dat bloody skull logo
I did not notice that at first glance.
>>
>>81003826
Absolutely. Based Bernthal.
>>
Hit him with the cofee pot.
YES YES YE-

NOW STAB HIM WIT-
FUCK YES I LOVE YOU FRANK/10
>>
>>81023679
no, janes punisher had his family die in a boat killed by specific people and warzone had a flashback to the central park scene, holding his dead daughter.
>>
One shot. One kill.
>>
>>81034036

I wasn't saying WZ was a sequel.
>>
Are any of the punisher comics actually good? Total newfag here. He seems a bit "high speed low drag nothing personal, kid," but a superhero in marvel that actually kills people sounds at the very least like an interesting read
>>
>>81007676
did you realize karen car was Ben's? She inherited the tapes.
>>
>>81034215
He seems he'd get kind of formulaic after a while. Like he'd be better off as a supporting character like in Daredevil than trying to support a book of his own.
>>
>>81034297
Ok. Are there QTDDTOT threads here? I'm looking for a comic about an operator with guns that's actually decent. Just somewhere to start comics that fits with my /k/ autist side
>>
File: Pun Chart.png (4MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Pun Chart.png
4MB, 1600x1200px
>>81034215

Quality is all over the place, as to be expected of a character who has been around for about 40+ years.

This chart is a good enough start, though there's a few things I'd add to it if I knew how.
>>
Anyone have the comic page of Punisher with the gun seller describing the gun that "franks"?
>>
>>81006287
this
>>
>>81003826
He's a Manlet and a bad actor

Its so insulting to frank
>>
>>81003826
He was considerably more
>>
He's a Jew so No

Dropped!!!!!
>>
>>81003826
I wanted more Punisher on Ninja Slaughter.
>>
>>81032167
For you
>>
>>81006677
Shane is pretty much Frank
>>
>>81011738
tbf he was over selling it in that scene to make sure he was put in a prison with Criminal scum
>>
File: rrrrekty rekt.png (44KB, 133x200px) Image search: [Google]
rrrrekty rekt.png
44KB, 133x200px
>>81020535
fuuck
>>
>>81025842
You've got to, mango
no other way
>>
>>81034215
MAX
>>
>>81008452
Not even Manlet size, not huge like the comics, but I but into the realism that shorter scrappier grunts make the best soldiers, better at Guerilla warfare, and he mainly uses firearms so its believable. You need everyone to be Arnold Swarzenegger cause you have a limited mental capacity.
>>
>>81030574
>That last picture of Frank standing among the corpses of the Viet Cong
>And his unit
>And everyone else

God, seeing that adapted to television would make my dick rock hard
>>
>>81019115
Bernthal has the perfect face though. He could use a bit of bulking up but otherwise he was a lot more closer the the MAX Punisher than Stevenson ever was along with having the far superior acting chops under his belt. Stevenson doesn't even compare.
>>
>>81034215

Garth Ennis' run on Punisher MAX is easily one of the best runs the Big Two have ever published
>>
>>81023189
But Punisher only fighting aliens and robots is retarded. He's a street level character and should only fight full-blown super villains very rarely if ever.
>>
>>81036228
>All those dead Muslims

It will be beautiful
>>
Does Punisher have any long running recurring villains or are all of them just dead after one appearance? Who is his Joker?
>>
>>81006428
>tfw Italian and 6'3
Tip top tier genetics desu senpai
>>
>>81036740

Jigsaw is really the only one he's got.

There have been memorable villains but they tend not to last long.
>>
>>81036740
Baracuda. He's basically anti-frank.
>>
>>81025428
>who else interpreted him as actually dying from that headshot and being reincarnated by Death?
Stop that. Stop that right fucking now. Frank doesn't need some supernatural bullshit to explain how he became to be. He doesn't need bullshit like demons or a physical manifestation of Death hamfisted into his origin. The most I'm willing to accept is something like Born because it can easily be handwaved as it just being a voice in his head and be just as believable. Anything else is fucking retarded and has no business being apart of the character.
>>
>>81036932

He was only around for 11 issues though
>>
>>81037012
>The most I'm willing to accept is something like Born because it can easily be handwaved as it just being a voice in his head and be just as believable.

And you can interpret his recovery from the headshot as just that, a recovery. But it's more interesting for Born to have a supernatural element.
>>
>>81037061
No it fucking isn't you faggot. MAX Frank has no business dealing with anything cape or supernatural.
>>
>>81018880
They really want to make Frank into Big Boss, don't they? Wearing an eye patch in the comics, has that hole in his skull in this show, was in the Middle East on overt ops, one of his former comrades even lost an arm.
>>
File: 1420928524767.jpg (100KB, 465x342px) Image search: [Google]
1420928524767.jpg
100KB, 465x342px
https://youtu.be/uDYiDrnQQlk
>>
>That epic monologue about the graveyard when he kept saying, "You know" when talking about his daughter to Matt
>Killing the pedophile
>I am the punisher
>Sounds like a party
>I'm already dead

Wew stellar casting and acting
>>
>>81037112

False. Born dealt with the supernatural explicitly.
>>
>>81025652
I really liked home during the scene where he and Karen are talking in the diner you can see a reflection of light in his eyes despite the shadow from his hat, and how it goes away once the buick arrives.
>>
>>81037534
When? That a voice in Frank's head said it was death?
>>
>>81020535
damn
>>
>>81033048
>You can win an Emmy for violence, grunts, sad, and pain.
What a time to be alive.
>>
>>81037593

It umambiguously featured a spiritual entity of some kind. Who/what that entity is was left ambiguous, but the fact that it exists does not. The whole "It's in Frank's mind" is a faulty interpretation that is at odds with the text.
>>
I would go as far as to say that he may be the best live action Punisher we've seen so far. Easily my favorite part of Season 2.
>>
>>81036702
And Kurds, and Americans, and probably some Sikhs too.
>>
>>81022141
>>81003826
Yep he was. Best part of the season by a landslide.
>>
>>81037755
Explain how the voice is without a doubt a supernatural entity and can't possibly be construed as being all in Frank's head.
>>
I was expecting Frank to show up towards of the end of the season, but then they just straight up blast you with him in the first couple of episodes.

I love everyone who is involved in making this show.
>>
File: frank_col_det.png (613KB, 430x618px) Image search: [Google]
frank_col_det.png
613KB, 430x618px
>>81003826
Is he rockin' an Uzi on the Island in his army jacket lining? If so, yes
>>
>>81037800
Not related to that incident at all, but Moon Knight's patron entity/god thing said that it would have made Frank the Moon Knight and wreak vengeance, but the skull emblem on his chest as actually another god/entity thing's symbol and that Frank accidentally became its champion.
>>
>>81037916
And it's still fucking retarded.
>>
>>81037956
CANON
A
N
O
N
>>
>>81037956
But canon afaik. So there, Frank is constantly unknowingly dealing with the supernatural.
>>
>>81038023
Something can be canon and still be terrible. Punisher working for Angels at one point and not killing people is one thing that comes to mind.
>>
>>81037800

Read the fucking book and pay attention to what the words say.

Frank is outmanned and outgunned at Valley Forge and the only way he can survive the battle is to accept the the voice's offer. If it's all in Frank's head then there is no explanation for him surviving.

Once it's revealed that his family is the price he'll pay the voice says that Frank will forget their conversations ever took place. This is not internal monologue or a metaphor, it is a real thing that is happening. It is spiritual intervention.

The voice implies that it is Death or Satan. Frank's mind wouldn't say that.

The whole thing is very clearly a supernatural event. There is not a shred of ambiguity to it. There is nothing in the story itself that is lends to the interpretation that it is anything other than supernatural. The only reason people think otherwise is because the main MAX series is presented as taking place in "the real world," but Born predates the MAX series and the establishment of that "rule." Born established the setting of MAX, not the MAX series proper.

I shouldn't even have to waste my time explaining this. The burden of proof is on YOU. Give one clear piece of evidence from the test that supports the theory of it being in Frank's head.
>>
>>81037800
It talks about Frank's family being the cost of his... "deal". Low and behold, they die. It makes little sense that if he was imagining it completely, he'd be talking about his family being the price for his actions BEFORE they are the price for his actions.
>>
>>81038345
>>81038751
Doesn't Frank essentially stop feeling for his family in the MAX sequel? Couldn't that have been the "price" the voice was talking about?
>>
>>81038832

No. Why on Earth would you think that?

It's not an Ennis story and it was written ages after Born.

The price was his family's lives. He wanted an eternal war so his family died to give him one. How he feels about them in the Aaron run is completely natural.
>>
>>81036740

Whatever villains he has that aren't dead are forgotten.

Same goes for his supporting characters.

I once had a stupid idea for a story where a wannabe crime boss supervillain gathers up all of Frank's old surviving baddies, assuming that them living through encounters with him must mean that they're all supreme badasses who could kill him in a cinch by working together. It would basically be blackly comedic Punisher: The Gauntlet story.
>>
File: Born Explained.png (39KB, 825x315px) Image search: [Google]
Born Explained.png
39KB, 825x315px
>>
i didn't like him. i'm not gonna shit this thread up though, i realize a lot of people liked his portrayal. i just didn't personally, he was too faux-intensity and a lil cheesy but hey the whole show is? not that that's a bad thing, it's just difficult to get immersed because of it.
>>
File: punisher-daredevil-164108.jpg (55KB, 655x374px) Image search: [Google]
punisher-daredevil-164108.jpg
55KB, 655x374px
>yfw
>>
>>81039466
I think we all need to focus on the important bit here...

Punisher BORN is getting a prequel.
>>
>>81039972
Groaned at first, but the TV version was better.
>>
>>81040120

Eventually...
>>
I'm just watching it.
I have more to say about the writing than his acting, so far
>gets a hole bored in his foot with a fucking power drill
>gets beaten to the point where there's blood coming out of his mouth
>can not only walk but take a bunch of mobsters at once, then win a fire fight
What should have actually happened is that he tried to put weight on the fucked foot, screamed in pain, fell to his ass where he'd scream on pain again due to his probably several fractures, get beaten some more, and then strapped back to his chair

And all this after being shot in the shoulder with a high powered rifle a few days prior, an injury which would take a real person several months to just barely heal and which would have made permanent damage
>>
>>81041075

Ill take "Things humans can do when in life threatening situations" for $200 Alex
>>
>>81041075
they could have cut his foot off and fronk would walk on his bloody stump to kill them
>>
>>81039466
>Frank used the "The Secret" to kill his family and get his endless war.
>>
>>81041075
>Expecting realism in anything comic related
>>
>>81003826

Never liked Punisher. Felt like he was fedora tier.

He still kinda is in the show, but at least he was written well here.
>>
File: images_1.jpg (11KB, 166x250px) Image search: [Google]
images_1.jpg
11KB, 166x250px
>>81041957
>>81041957
>Pic related it's you
>>
>>81020535
boom, roasted
>>
>>81041075
>>gets a hole bored in his foot with a fucking power drill
So? You can keep walking on your foot even when it's broken. Especially if you're adrenaline is high, which his was.

>>gets beaten to the point where there's blood coming out of his mouth
All that means is that there were cuts in his mouth.

>>can not only walk but take a bunch of mobsters at once, then win a fire fight
Just like Frank does in the comics. What the fuck are you complaining about? This is a goddamn TV show based off comic book characters. And besides that nothing you said is out of the realm of realism. Toughness + adrenaline + injuries that aren't all that crippling = perfectly believable scenario.

And the shot to the shoulder was obviously a flesh wound.
>>
>>81041075
>> Complaining about a guy healing too fast in a show where a blind guy is a martial artist acrobatic vigilant superhero

Ever think you might be too close to going full retard?
>>
>>81037260
Because Big Boss is a badass, MGS would make an excellent limited run book
>>
File: 1443677816707.jpg (75KB, 960x731px) Image search: [Google]
1443677816707.jpg
75KB, 960x731px
>>81041075

I kno rite?

All these fucking unrealistically skilled, durable, and powerful people in a cape comic adaption. When will it end?
>>
>>81041075

>This is his biggest gripe in a movie where a blind man can hear the conversations being heard 10 miles away in perfect clarity with 13 year old ninjas who invade hospitals.
>>
>>81003826
He's the best Frank who ever franked Frank.
Frank/10
>>
>>81030574
I'm just sad the story of Kandahar didn't end with a shovel in hand.
>>
File: circulatory system.jpg (94KB, 736x918px) Image search: [Google]
circulatory system.jpg
94KB, 736x918px
>>81042246
>So? You can keep walking on your foot even when it's broken. Especially if you're adrenaline is high, which his was.
Yes, but he couldn't have walked at the speed he was or done all the shit he did. One moment he was kinda limping like his foot was sore, the other he was kung-fu fighting several gangsters at once and proceeding to shooting them down within seconds.
>All that means is that there were cuts in his mouth.
After the beating they gave him? I'd figure internal damage is more likely than a few cuts in his mouth by that point. If someone threw up blood in front of you would you assume he bit himself?
>And the shot to the shoulder was obviously a flesh wound.
That would require leprechaun levels of luck. Flesh wounds are when the shot doesn't hit anything but muscle. Hitting only muscle out of pic related, skeleton and nervous system not included. I mean, it's par for the course for action tv, but it made the rest just that bit more ludicrous.
>>81042543
>>81042396
It's all about tone and suspension of disbelief. Daredevil explicitly has superpowers and is expected to do ridiculous impossible shit, whereas Punisher is supposed to be a normal person yet may as well be on the x-men for the kind of crap he pulls off.
>>
>>81006677
>No, Berenthal is a shit actor. He plays one character, Shane, and that's it.
turns out Shane was Frank this whole time.
>>
>>81041075
Frank has a straight up deal with a devil he's in the dark about. They alluded to it with how he got pulled off life support and flatlined by something brought him back.
said devil is named Olivier, for the record.
>>
I don't know. I thought the voice in Born was Frank's other personality, because war and trauma and dissociating and stuff.
I don't think the split personality thing is such a good look on Punisher.
>>
>>81043577
I'd also like to clarify the episode turned out a lot better than I thought it was going to, I just didn't like the action scenes
>>
File: image.jpg (256KB, 1437x1276px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
256KB, 1437x1276px
>>81034462
Which series was this from?
>>
BANG
>>
File: magnifico.gif (304KB, 245x160px) Image search: [Google]
magnifico.gif
304KB, 245x160px
>>81020535
Damn
>>
>>81044078
>81044078
the greg rucka run
>>
Could have been rad if the deal was with Ares
>>
>>81025842
Wasn't he deaged or something after the Frankencastle thing?... Thank god my brother is paying for marvel unlimited, I will go read me some Frankencastle right now just to be sure
>>
>>81038345
You are fucking stupid. It was Frank fully accepting and embracing his dark side, the side that allows him to be The Punisher. The writers pretty much confirmed this. The "price" was not him making a bargain with the fucking devil or death or what have you, you fucking moron. The "price" for embracing this part of him was that he would most likely lose everything he cared for in becoming this kind of person. Read. The. Fucking. Comic.
>>
>>81039466
Muh-devil shitters BTFO
>>
>>81006677
Did not see one Shane head rub.
>>
>>81037295
>Implying there's anything wrong with a person using "You know" as speech filler.
>>
Daredevil dropped the ball this season.

How can you make a bone-breaking torturer seem like vanilla pansy? How?
>>
Franck is jewish now.
>>
>>81020332
for you
>>
File: kek arrot.gif (594KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
kek arrot.gif
594KB, 200x200px
>>81020535
top bantz
>>
>>81022141
My kinda Frank
>>
>>81020535
Is it legal to own niggas like this in the year of 2016?
>>
>>81020535
postin in ebin thread
>>
>>81048785
He was one in Punisher : Noir. Frank has been played by a Swede, an Irish, an Amglo, a Greek, and now a Jew.
>>
>>81044078

Big Boss Frank is Rucka
>>
>>81041075
My friend got stabbed through the foot once. He ran all the way to the Hospital, due to the sheer adrenaline boost he got. We couldn't catch him to atleast strap him, so he'd lose less blood.
>>
>>81049998
Pretty much this. People do all kinds of crazy things with all kinds of serious injuries, like junkies high on PCP that can be shot repeatedly and keep on coming.
>>
>>81022141
My kinda Frank
>>
>>81043577

>DO PEOPLE EVEN LISTEN TO DIALOGUE ANYMORE?

Due to getting shot in the head causing him to relive his family dying again and again, his body is constantly pumping him with adrenaline.
>>
>>81050303
That was just some courtroom bullshit to create reasonable doubt. Frank isn't crazy.
>>
>>81048996
Amglo? Greek?
>>
File: Franka.jpg (605KB, 664x1001px) Image search: [Google]
Franka.jpg
605KB, 664x1001px
>>81034503
>>
File: Punisher #004 - 03.jpg (381KB, 987x1486px) Image search: [Google]
Punisher #004 - 03.jpg
381KB, 987x1486px
>>81043649

>said devil is named Olivier, for the record.

God, how big a shit fit would people throw if they actually somehow referenced Purgatory in the Netflix shows? Something like a nightmare sequence or hallucination or something where Frank sees something that looks like Olivier.
>>
File: absolute.jpg (85KB, 408x610px) Image search: [Google]
absolute.jpg
85KB, 408x610px
>>81019115
No, he looks too much like a britfag.

Pic related would be perfect looks wise.
>>
File: tumblr_m8cc4kvL3h1qc63ooo1_1280.jpg (470KB, 1280x912px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8cc4kvL3h1qc63ooo1_1280.jpg
470KB, 1280x912px
>>81003826
I liked the early days, raw, Taxi Driver angle they were coming from.
He made perfect sense as an early day Punisher.
I'm hoping he gets his own series or a movie though where he gets to be more tacticool, perhaps team up with Nick Fury (though it won't be the same in a universe where whiteFury doesn't exist).
>>
>>81052008
>I'm hoping he gets his own series or a movie
I don't think Punisher could run a show or movie by himself. He's not a particularly interesting character himself and is dependent on others to create friction. The story wouldn't really be able to focus on him.
>>
>>81052316
>I don't think Punisher could run a comic by himself. He's not a particularly interesting character himself and is dependent on others to create friction. The story wouldn't really be able to focus on him.
>>
>>81052008
HOWDYHOOOOOO
>>
>>81022141
My kind of Frank
>>
>>81052316
You say this in every thread and continue to be wrong. It's easier to just say "I don't like this character and don't want a show based on him." since thats what you're really saying.
>>
>>81052316
Sigh...
>Almost 30 years of comic history to draw from
>Punisher Max
>Large list of supporting characters
>Intersting villains
>Frank not a two dimensional character if you read anything
>Nick Fury

Every fucking time muh uninteresting Punisher gets brought up.
>>
>>81052651
It's the same batfaggot everytime.
>>
File: image.jpg (88KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 800x600px
He never fired the minigun, what the fucking bullshit
>>
>>81052673
He must really hate Frank if he's going to tons of different threads to constantly shit on the idea of a Punisher show. I don't really have any interest in a Luke Cage show but I'm willing to give it a chance and I'm sure as fuck not gonna spam every thread Cage is mentioned.
>>
>>81052763
Yeah that was the biggest cock tease this season. I got a little upset when Frank shows up with a sniper rifle at the end and only kills like 5 ninja instead of showing up with a mini gun and kills 30 ninja
>>
>>81052772
Batfags for whatever reason, get really triggered when it comes to the punisher. I find it really interesting.
>>
>>81052763
Yeah that was super gay of them to blue ball us on that, I wonder why?
>>
>>81022141
MY KINDA FRANK
>>
File: 9_filing_images_99ffdba9ee28.jpg (87KB, 632x601px) Image search: [Google]
9_filing_images_99ffdba9ee28.jpg
87KB, 632x601px
His southern accent pissed me off.

He doesn't look Italian at all.

His killcount was in the low 40s, which was pathetic.

The chimney revolver scene was botched
Aside from that, yeah, I liked him. Glad they finally went with the whole "I'm already dead" in live action. I hope for him to be more cool calm and calculating in the future though, with a contingency for anything.
>>
>>81048344

I saw it atleast once, actually. I laughed when I saw it.

And in every interview too.
>>
>>81044078
>Solid Frank trades are all out-of-print and expensive
Rucka Punisher omnibus when?

>>81052823
I don't see how you can hate the Punisher but love Batman or vice versa. They have a lot of the same character traits, the only things that really separate them are the guns and killing.
>>
>>81053131

Why not get floppies?
>>
>>81053148
It's just not the same, anon. I've got them all digitally but I'd like something to put on a bookshelf.
>>
>>81017999
There is Punisher:Born which goes over his experience in the Firebase Valley Forge massacre which shaped him before his family was killed. You might be interested in that.
>>
>>81017356
The only thing that disappointed me. I kept waiting for the payoff when he would show up, and I was hype when he did, but then all he did was brain two guys. There was a damn army he could've been taking care of while DD and Elektra took on Nobu.
>>
>>81051053
He probably meant Anglo(Jane), The Greek is from a fan film that never saw the light of day.
>>
>first person we seem him kill after we see his face is a neonazi dealing in illegal merch and CP
A bit heavyhanded, but holy shit, his fights were great.
On a scale of Frank to Frank, he was pretty Frank.
>>
>>81020535
OUTFUCKINGSKILLED
>>
Will Civil War mention anything about him? Seems like he'd be a major factor in registration. I don't expect him to be in it, just want the movies to acknowledge Netflixverse is canon.
>>
>>81022141
MY KINDA FRANK
>>
>>81006428
excuse me, speak for yourself, im italian and im 6'3" and im at 195lbs. i havent tryed very hard to be big, if i may toss my hat into the ring in opinions here. i think Thomas Jane was the best Punisher by far. and fit the bill more than Jon Bernthal.
>>
I don't think we'll ever get an adaptation of Ennis' THE PUNISHER MAX series. Only his 50 or so issues are worth adaptaing from that run.
>>
>>81022141
My kinda Frank.

But as someone who hasn't read the comics, jesus did this guy spook me for being damn violent. But he's hot. I'm so confused.
>>
>>81051849
dick wise too
>>
MY KINDA FRANK
Y

K
I
N
D
A

F
R
A
N
K
>>
>>81041075
Someone at my college got hit by a car or something, and she stood up and continued running to her class to pass her thesis. I think she fainted after. Adrenaline's one hell of a drug.
>>
I feel like it was a bad call to split the season's focus between him and Elektra. Once they really get into the plot with Elektra and The Hand (which IMO, was much less interesting) it feels like they just kind of forgot he was there for awhile until oh wait, we need to kill the main antagonist and they reveal him and kill him off without a fight a second later
>>
>>81050671
Frank himself says its true
>>
>>81053131
>the only things that really separate them are the guns and killing.

That's kind of the core of it though. Punisherfags are generally people who hate when capes value the lives of criminals, even though bad guys in comics are usually portrayed as irredeemable monsters who will never reform, and just want to see a protagonist who does what the others won't. They share Frank's morality, at least in no-consequences escapism if not necessarily in real life.
>>
>>81050671
Because a medical professional under oath who has no connecting to Frank or his defense just bullshits in front of a semi-crooked DA.
>>
I loved him, to be Frank.
>>
>>81003826
Best part of the season.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 320x416px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 320x416px
>>81058517
He's more based on Max's run by Ennis. Frank is meant to be a tragic figure in the Greek sense.

He did everything right: He was a loving father and a devoted husband who served honorably. When his family was taken from him, he gave into the violent impulses that had allowed him to survive and now, he can't help but fight a war that will one day kill him.
>>
>>81037291
Not gonna lie, literally cried a little when I watched this.
>>
>>81060911
I did too, dubs man. I thought it was just gonna play like the common sad scene where you'll "feel sad" for the guy, but goddamn did I genuinely felt bad and even cried a bit. I guess it helps I have young siblings and that story felt too real.
>>
>>81003826
I am taking it slowly, so only 3 eps in, but yes, he definitely is.
>>
>>81040120
>>81040731
Isn't Tyger and last of the Ennis stories(the one about squad of delta operators hunting for punisher) in MAX is kind of a prequel to Born?
>>
>>81062117
Tyger came out in 2006. It was a one-shot. The Arc that you're thinking of is Valley Forge, Valley Forge.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (34KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
34KB, 480x360px
How frank is it? Worth playing?
>>
Jon even mentions in one interview that the Punisher in S2 is not yet the Punisher. He has actually got a pretty good understanding of the character.
>>
Tried asking elsewhere and no one answered: what was the blood for? It seems like they were going to use it to revive Elektra, but they were collecting it before she died.
>>
>>81039466
>All these faggots saying the voice is unambiguously Death or the Devil
>Ennis himself says differently
>>
>>81052961
>His killcount was in the low 40s, which was pathetic.
Early Frank who had just started his crusade.
>>
Frank had a redneck accent in the first two episodes. I was relieved to see it disappear for the rest of the season.

Unfortunately, as with DD season 1, the last three episodes were an anti-climactic mess of loose threads and plot holes. Punisher was good though.
>>
File: 1305853084830.png (3KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
1305853084830.png
3KB, 493x402px
>Jon Bernthal hates people talking and using their phones in the cinema
>his wife has to tell him not to shout at people because of it
My kind of guy
>>
>>81063041
Really, really good game.
>>
>>81052821
Seriously, what an awful fucking way to say "I'm back"
>>
He is such a dudebro in interviews, it's making me laugh. I didn't know who he was before watching and he was great in the show, but it's just hilarious how laid back and dudebro he sounds in interviews.
>>
File: NEp5Irc8CihVst_2_b.jpg (88KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
NEp5Irc8CihVst_2_b.jpg
88KB, 600x316px
>>81003826
You know, I always thought there would be no better punisher than Thomas Jane, but Bernthal won me over.

I would've liked the reveal to be a little slower, like, from the start you are certain the "army" thing is him. It would've been cool to see them build him up a little more.
>>
>>81064818

I've been meaning to play it for years.

DD Season 2 finally spurred me into ordering a copy.
>>
I'm not the most fond of his look, as it felt kinda off to me, but the acting was pretty nice to say the least.

Also I don't know if I should praise the Punisher getting his iconic outfit right at the end like Matt did last season, or hate it for the writers just doing the same fucking thing again.
>>
File: actsofvengeancedaredevil1.jpg (156KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
actsofvengeancedaredevil1.jpg
156KB, 400x266px
After watching Kingpin beat down Frank and Daredevil this season, I think he could have taken on Ultron if Fisk had his resources back.
>>
File: 1427887286449.jpg (116KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1427887286449.jpg
116KB, 800x800px
>>81020535
That was uncalled for.
>>
>>81022919
I was actually thinking about it every time Frank was on screen.
>>
>>81022141
My kinda Frank
>>
>>81003826
Perfect combination of selling the absolute murderous insanity and hint of sympathy that you need to make Punisher work. Good Frank face, too, which is important.
>>
>>81046121
Pretty sure during his days as Solid Frank we got a war flashback, and he was in a desert with modern military weaponry. He's been either an Iraq or Gulf War vet for a while, or at least Marvel intended it to be that way for a bit.
>>
>>81022141
MY KINDA FRANK
>>81003826
To be honest, i was skeptical about Jon, and still think that this is not exactly what i want, but his perfomance is great and character is decent. This is probably my favorite Punisher so far, especially if you think about him as "just started" Punisher, not "decades of non stop killing" Punisher from MAX comics.
>>
>No, but strangely enough I heard a lot of their conversations because of where I was lined up. The four main cast members (the Murdoch law crew and Jon Bernthal) got along very well with each other, and would talk about side acting jobs.

>I remember one particular conversation about Coffee and Jon highly recommended a Nespresso machine, which was funny because he was all chained up and in prison garb at this point.

>The production assistants warned us to not "network" with the actors or crew, but Jon Bernthal was a very cool, approachable person. He signed a lot of stuff for extras, and he talked to a few of them between scenes.
>>
>>81052961
>His southern accent pissed me off.
U wot?
>>
So does Daredevil not care about Frank Franking anymore? Seemed really indifferent about him Franking those ninjas.
>>
File: 1457632614380.png (385KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
1457632614380.png
385KB, 800x400px
>>81017453
>>
>>81066222
Isn't that basically DD's arc this season? He started wanting people to change and become what he wants them to be or to be more like him, but in the end he realizes that his method doesn't work 100% and he now understands where Frank is coming from.

Plus Frank was probably just killing undead ninjas
>>
>there will never be a Defenders/House of Cards crossover in which JJ and DD are struggling to nail Frank Underwood for his crimes, and then as soon as Frank Castle finds out, he blows up Underwood's car
>>
>>81053168
Where can I get this in digital?
>>
File: Damn son.png (75KB, 165x149px) Image search: [Google]
Damn son.png
75KB, 165x149px
>>81020535
O fuk son
>>
File: I say.jpg (51KB, 448x488px) Image search: [Google]
I say.jpg
51KB, 448x488px
>>81066371
>Fisk vs Underwood in a bitter power struggle
>>
>>81066371
>>81067255
Until Underwood hurts Vanessa, we all know how that will end.
>>
File: 1451227223086.jpg (17KB, 138x235px) Image search: [Google]
1451227223086.jpg
17KB, 138x235px
>>81020535
>it's a "everyone replies with reaction images even though it wasn't that funny" post
>>
File: Nigga you don't comprehend.png (1019KB, 1007x448px) Image search: [Google]
Nigga you don't comprehend.png
1019KB, 1007x448px
>>81068058
>Its a "my taste is better than all you plebs, stop having fun" post
>>
>>81066222
Matt just needed to learn that a Franks gotta Frank
>>
>>81052763
>that set
How low budget is this show anyway?
>>
>>81068058
Cry more faggot
>>
>>81020535
HAHAHA DUDE

SCREENCAP THIS AND PUT IT ON REDDIT NOW. FUCKING. EPIC.
>>
>>81052961

>He doesn't look Italian at all

He looks like a Frank.

>His killcount was in the low 40s, which was pathetic.

This is the early days of the Frankening. He is still on his way to becoming the Frank.
>>
File: iD24p5m.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
iD24p5m.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
I really hope Karen = Rachel Cole/Alves.

But since she's a shitty reporter now, think we'll get any neat Peter Parker cross overs?
>>
>>81070081
>Implying she won't be too busy selling Matt out to punish anyone
>>
File: 1432147255742.jpg (62KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1432147255742.jpg
62KB, 1920x1080px
>who are they?
>just some guys that are about to walk into a diner for the last time
He just gets more and more based as I watch
>>
Hey guys does anybody know what fighting method frank was useing when he fought DD on the roof tops
>>
>>81066503

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/peteis4324gn7/Punisher
>>
>>81022141
MY KINDA FRANK
>>
>>81003826
He was near perfect. Which is a lot more than what I was expecting.
I only wanted him to gun down more ninjas like in the Dolph Lundgren movie.
>>
>>81022141
>>81022141
MY KINDA FRANK
>>
>>81063041

Shits all over any Frank that isn't comic Frank
>>
>>81020900
Oh shit I know what he said at the end

"Oh fuck it."
>>
>>81070963
Wait.
>>
>>81025029

>the scene in the shed where the camera cuts to his hand and he's twitching his trigger finger after seeing the armory.

fucking P O E T R Y
>>
>>81071835
"for fucks sake", actually.
>>
File: 1435969678860.jpg (19KB, 307x313px) Image search: [Google]
1435969678860.jpg
19KB, 307x313px
>>81052008
NORMAL GUN
>>
>>81063041
It's dated, but still purty good
>>
>>81003826
I honestly didn't even have hopes, I'm not a Punisher fan in the slightest, and actually usually find him annoying when he shows up in stories...

...but I was hyped as fuck every time he was on screen here. I know we're all talking about how shitty BvS was but I really want to talk about Daredevil S2 since I just finished it.

Loved it. I say this as someone who didn't even really care for S1 much (thought it was good but had flaws.)

Fuck I wish there was more out now. This is how you do edgy capes right.
>>
>>81022141
MY KINDA FRANK
>>
Would /co/ Frank a Frank?
>>
>>81004204
Bernthal was definitely the best official Punisher, and I absolutely can't wait to see more of him. However, the best Punisher so far is still Thomas Jane in "Dirty Laundry".
>>
Is Frank canonically an alcoholic or strictly sober?
>>
>>81077236
Could /co/ Frank a Frank?
>>
>>81077435
Sober. He doesn't even take pain killers.
>>
File: sadfrog.jpg (66KB, 725x704px) Image search: [Google]
sadfrog.jpg
66KB, 725x704px
>>81077356
>you will never see Ron Pearlman as Micro

Why even try lads?
>>
>>81077469
We could try anon, we could try.
>>
>>81077435
Outside of the occasional beer, Frank doesn't drink the pain away. He revels in it.
>>
>>81003826
I was fine with it until I found out Jon Bernthal is a Jew. I wish they would stop casting Jews to play white characters.
>>
File: frank__.jpg (112KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
frank__.jpg
112KB, 640x640px
>>81077236
I'd Frank the Frank out of Frank, Frankly.
>>
>>81069958
you are the cancer
>>
File: p3IOkJm.jpg (737KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
p3IOkJm.jpg
737KB, 1836x3264px
He was absolutely perfect. That gravestone monologue might be the finest acting in the entire MCU

But I just have one problem

WHY DIDN'T HE USE THE FUCKING MINIGUN? IT'S ON THE DAMN POSTER! FUCK YOU NETFLIX, FALSE ADVERTISING!
>>
>>81080365
>I couldn't tell he "wasn't white" until I looked it up, but I'm still outraged!
>>
>>81080365
I wish they would stop casting Jews to play Jews. Fucking hell, now we can't even have Jews without them being Jews. I blame the Jews.
>>
>>81020535
Fucking mega rude, dude.
>>
>>81080421
Well at least you're frank about Franking Frank.
>>
>>81080365
>>>/pol/ ?

Nobody cares?
>>
The guy who plays Crossbones would've made a good Punisher.
>>
>>81081064
He basically is the Punisher in The Purge: Anarchy.
>>
>>81003826
I didn't like all the yelling he did and all that heartfelt moment at the graveyard about his family, it somehow felt out of character, but otherwise he was great. It's a shame he's not getting his own series, but hopefully he'll be in DD.
>>
>>81077356
>Punisher so far is still Thomas Jane in "Dirty Laundry".
Gotta love how you idiots blow that short out of proportion. It was frank franking some guys with a whiskey bottle. The guys were somehow made out of cardboard and bad CGI.
I liked the short, but it was nothing compared to this series.
>>
>>81052961
>His southern accent
The fuck?
>>
>>81009855
4 u
>>
File: 1455320352896.png (473KB, 600x706px) Image search: [Google]
1455320352896.png
473KB, 600x706px
>>81081109
>I didn't like that heartfelt moment at the graveyard

What is wrong with you
>>
>>81013287
We're not even sure about that. The Blacksmith taunted him about his service in Afghanistan, about if they only knew.

>>81022141
MY KINDA FRANK
>>
Sorry if this has been asked, but I don't wanna read the thread in case someone spoils Season 2 of Daredevil

What's the name of the comic line of Punisher where Kingpin hired Bullseye to kill Punisher and Bullseye emulates the family death in central park like 4 times?
>>
>>81081381
Punisher MAX, the Jason Aaron run.
>>
>>81081401
Thanks, Anon.
>>
>>81070081
Man I miss Rachel and Solid Frank.
>>
>>81081269
It's just not like Frank to open up to anyone. I mean, the guy did a superb job, but it felt off character to me.
That's just a personal irk and it in no way deterred from my enjoyment. This whole season should have been Frank franking criminals and I almost shrieked like a little girl when the pawn shop owner said "only 12".
>>
>>81048344
Jesus I never noticed or have seen it mentioned before but once you said it I could instantly picture it.
>>
>>81081510
It wasn't just "anyone". It was another vigilante, who he clearly felt was similar to him.
>>
>>81068058
Is that FZ ?
>>
i'm confused about the ending
was frank's CO the blacksmith? Why did he stand up for him in court and try to keep him out of Jail only to then turn around and go completely batshit
>>
>>81081611
Probably to keep everyone off his trail

And he went batshit when he got found out
>>
>>81081510
Like people pointed it out before, this is Frank before he became the Punisher, before he cut all his ties to humanity.

So yeah, he would open up, because everything is still fresh in his mind, he has to deal with it and that
includes talking to someone about that and letting out all the emotional turmoil he's going through.
>>
>>81022141
MY KINDA FRANK
>>
>>81081611
The whole court scene is a bit holy
Like why did Frank sabotage his own trial?
At first he was fine just going down
And then after talking with Karen he wanted the reveal the coverup
And then Fisk pays off a prison guard, gets him into the courthouse just to have him whisper some magical secret into Frank's case that makes him fuck up everything?

Feels like they wanted Frank to meet Fisk, the true villain to show up before his reveal so you'll get an "oh muh God it's that dude!" moment, and they also wanted Frank to kill the blacksmith but wrote it kind of shitty.
>>
>>81081611
It was mentioned before that the Blacksmith was like a ghost dealer, in and out all the time, secret identity and all that, but would provide high quality drugs from the middle east.

Commander testified for Frank, and with the things he said in court, you would say he is very sincere and thankful to Frank. I guess it's his way to keep people off his trail.

Karen interviews him for her Frank story, and everything goes well until he notices that Karen identifies one of the guys in the picture (the guy in the picture was the guy Karen saw in the pier being hauled away to the morgue). He then tells her that the wounded soldier in the picture was fiercely loyal to him and asked for any jobs he could do.

Later in the woods, he tells Frank some stuff
>You should be at the bottom of the Hudson. Losing $100 million in heroin would've been worth it to take you down. But here we are, huh? You could've been part of it, like Gosnell. You could've been rich. And maybe you could've taken your family to the Bahamas instead of Central Park, huh? You think this... all of this... is about a bad drug deal? That's what you see. You're losing your touch, Frank. Your kids, at the park? Nah. Who cares? That's never what this has been about. It's about what happened with you. With all of us. Kandahar. You think they would ever let that go?

So Commander was Blacksmith, was part of the drug deal with the other gangs back then, triggered the shoot out (?), which killed Frank's family.

Most of these things are implied though and the CO never explicitly said shit. I just pieced whatever I got from the audio and reading the transcript of the scene after.

The funny thing is, my audio was terrible, and I only pieced this shit when I got bored watching the ninjas. Like it hit me when my mind zoned out and thought of the Frank storyline while being bored to death by the ninjas.
>>
>>81003826
>Lundgren

No. No he isnt.
>>
itt: /tv/
>>
Punisher was the only good thing about S2, imo. Even if they did ruin his backstory and motivation by making a soldier responsible for his family's death.
Thread posts: 464
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.