[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did we do something wrong? Right then, lets get back to it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 572
Thread images: 54

File: venture-bros-season-6-red-death.jpg (81KB, 1202x675px) Image search: [Google]
venture-bros-season-6-red-death.jpg
81KB, 1202x675px
Did we do something wrong?

Right then, lets get back to it
>Red Death, professional or sadistic?
>Hank and Dean, side characters in their own show or natural evolution of the series?
>Next season, Finally wrapping up for good or more speculative plot points?
>Chris Lambert, Lord of the Apes or Lord Raiden?
>>
Billy's mom, the real Blue Morpho?
>>
>>80955019
what? his mom? have I missed something? I think it was stated that she was triple threat?
Blue Morpho was Rusty's mom and Monarch's dad because he can change his sex
>if it had a vagina Dr.Venture wanted to bang it
>>
>>80955019
she does bone a guy who thinks babies are ocelots
>>
>>80955002
>Red Skull
Does Marvel know about this?
>>
File: week_8_1.jpg (247KB, 728x1079px) Image search: [Google]
week_8_1.jpg
247KB, 728x1079px
>>80955002
Thoughts on this week's shirt? I regret not buying the Blue Morpho shirt so I ordered this immediately.
>>
>>80955100
Was he just crazy or did a baby really get lycanthropism?
>>
>>80955208
Probably both
>>
>>80955208
I think he just really, really, really likes killing things
>>
>>80955273
Yeah but werewolves may exist. And a baby could get it. It's very Venture Bros like.
>>
>>80955092
>>80955208
>>80955254
That whole scene was a Dnd group of mine in a nutshell.
>>
Why did they air the last two episodes out of order?
>>
>>80955511
Except they aren't?
>>
>>80955511
They weren't technically out of order, but they did want to air them the other way around, except they were already far into preproduction and there was too much continuity to flip around. So they aired them as-is.
>>
I thought doc and chris wanted to move on from the Venture Bros so why are they creating even more plot points to resolve?
>>
>>80955002
>Hank and Dean, side characters in their own show or natural evolution of the series?
If you havent figured it out by now 'The Venture Bros." isnt Hank and Dean. The Venture Bros are Rusty and The Monarch.
>>
>>80955838
Because that sounds exactly like something they'd do.
>>
>>80955299
Doc became a werewolf type thing and killed the boys once, so they probably exist
>>
>>80955002

I can't help but feel disappointed about the last episode. It barely resolved anything, even though it felt like a season finale, which is especially frustrating because who knows when the next season will be?
>>
>>80955002
>Red Death is a psychopath who channels it onto professionalism so he can maintain a healthy civilian life
>Hank and Dean are part of an ensemble cast. it was more or less like this since day one just a bit more noticeable with the growing cast and branched stories.
>the highlander
>>
>>80955204
Shore Leave lookin fierce
>>
>>80955204
i would buy it if i could.
>>
Dean's big development this season seemed to be being the only person with common sense while everyone else ignored the obvious.

He came up with the decision to open a super-science division while Rusty was scratching his head.
He noticed the rats didn't like each other while Billy and Pete didn't.
He was the only one who was able to appreciate the Doom Factory film.
He understood that the actual "sacrilege" was the church being turned into a mall while Shoreleave was bitching about the club,
>>
>>80955924

Not complaining that they want to continue the show but it's been 10+ years already.

How many cartoon shows go on for that long without turning to shit?
>>
>>80955198
Have you even watched Venture bros?
>>
Anyone got the mega link?
>>
File: sfdsfddssfd.png (78KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
sfdsfddssfd.png
78KB, 412x351px
>tfw season actually really is over now
>>
>>80956135
Time isn't so much a factor as number of episodes. Due to the glacial pace of Venture Bros releases it isn't likely they've run out of ideas the same way a show that has to put up 26+ eps every year for 10 years would have.
>>
If BM is Rusty/Monarch's mom, who the fuck is the woman in the photo? And why would he try to kill his son?
>>
Man, right when they were getting in the groove after all that heavy exposition and set-up.
>>
>>80955002
He's both. He clearly literally enjoys inflicting pain, suffering, and death, but he keeps that shit firmly under control and only applies it under specific approved circumstances.
>>
>>80955002
>Implying they weren't always a red herring and the titular Venture Bros weren't Rusty and Jonas Jr.
>>
>>80955002
I just wanna know how Red Death managed to attract and marry such a hot piece of ass
>>
Action Man really fucked Rusty up. Do you guys think a young Action Man would put up a good fight against Brock?
>>
>>80955966
That it no way felt like a season finale. Nothing was resolved and very little was advanced. I thought it was a great stand alone episode though.
>>
>>80957438
Clancy Brown voices him.
>>
One thing I hated was how 90% of the times Brock fights, it cuts to a black screen. I know it's due to so few episodes, but it still makes me angry.
>>
>three years to see the plot points resolve
Who am I kidding? They're going to forget half of them and make new ones.
>>
>>80957783
Expect several episodes about the snipers.
>>
>>80956085
I hope next season gives us more Dean. Hank has sort of come into his own and now it's Dean's turn to get it. We've got glimpses of it this season, but I want to see him really succeed as the smart one. Or at least the one capable of avoiding catastrophically stupid decision.
>>
File: DracoMalfoy.gif (339KB, 213x199px) Image search: [Google]
DracoMalfoy.gif
339KB, 213x199px
>>80957530
>Clancy Brown
So that explains my boner
>>
>tfw every time Red Death talked I was either hearing Cortex or Uka Uka
>>
They either need to kill Hatred or make him a semi-competent villain again. He's more pathetic than S1 21 at this point.
>>
File: 1383924467507.jpg (39KB, 750x562px) Image search: [Google]
1383924467507.jpg
39KB, 750x562px
>>80956225
See you in three years
>>
Last week's episode felt a lot more season finale-y.
>>
So is the finale next week or the week after?
>>
>>80958056
Hammer and Publick felt the same way
>>
>>80958056
The creators admitted that. They wanted last week's episode to be the finale, but continuity wouldn't work and they were already in preproduction.
>>
File: 1416551597665.jpg (34KB, 414x513px) Image search: [Google]
1416551597665.jpg
34KB, 414x513px
>>80958079
Anon... I don't know how to tell you this
But it's over
>>
File: 1422206368155.png (5KB, 266x195px) Image search: [Google]
1422206368155.png
5KB, 266x195px
>>80957979
But I want more episodes now!
>>
>>80958116
What, already? So there's going to be an hour long special in a year then nothing for 4 years after that.
>>
Why is Vatred just a punching bag now?
>>
Overall one of the best seasons in term of humour and development, especially in comparison to the shit-show that was season 5. Still I felt like it was just half a season.
>>
So what's the main cause of Venture Bros. being produced so slowly anyway?
>>
>>80958258
It's still hand drawn overseas. I've heard this season in particular had some development problems, but I couldn't tell you what specifically.
>>
>>80958258
I've heard it speculated that adult swim are super greedy and penny pinchy, and don't allow the guys to really flesh out long seasons like they used to.
>>
>>80958111
where did they say this? I'm curious
>>
>>80958247
Considering even short shows tend to run at least 12 episodes, and those are almost all an hour long, yeah, 8 episodes is really short.
>>
>>80958371
they've said in commentaries and panels that doing 13 episodes per season was killing them and they actually had to ask for a break during season 4 to recollect themselves, and then season 5 forward they wanted to do something more manageable so they didn't go crazy.
>>
>>80958475
http://screencrush.com/venture-bros-season-6-finale-special-7/
>In the meantime, the duo acknowledges that Sunday’s penultimate “A Party for Tarzan” will prove the more climactic of Season 6's last two episodes, to the point they’d even attempted to reverse the order, but couldn’t adjust for continuity.
>>
>>80958258

Budget issues and working with essentially a bare bones production staff is what it really boils down to.

Frankly I prefer the slower pace considering the alternative to a would be a show with Seth "30 second fart jokes are comedy gold" McFarland levels of production speed and proportionate level of show quality
>>
File: mmmm.png (455KB, 868x626px) Image search: [Google]
mmmm.png
455KB, 868x626px
can we just all collectively agree he's great?
>>
>>80958666
He's what we all should strive to be
>>
>>80958666
Women want him and men want to be him
>>
>>80958507
They should switch to comics and do a yearly animated special.
>>
>>80958736
NO

I LIKE MY CARTOON :(

The Monarch isn't The Monarch without the funny voice :(
>>
>>80958666
How old is he?
>>
>>80958666
satan confirms best dad/villian
>>
>>80958760
>he can't read in their voice
>>
>>80956085
>implying that's not just residual nanobots fortifying his intellect and moral compass
>>
What the fuck happened with Molotov and the O.S.I.?
>>
>>80958837
She works undercover, testing OSI weaknesses.
>>
>>80958785
I think they said 80.
>>
I really liked this episode alot, Red Death is pretty GOAT tier. I'm sad the ride is over for now though. Guess we'll gonna have to wait to see Rusty blow his fortune in the next special/true season finale in a year or two...
>>
That was such a shit episode to end on, it does not feel like a season finale in any way.
>>
>>80958666
>i have two personalities
>nicest guy you'll ever meet
>and
>twisted fucking psychopath
>>
>>80958901
lel
>>
>>80958874

It makes more sense when you realize that last week's episode was originally planned to be the last one of the season, but the two got shuffled around because of some behind the scenes clusterfuckery or something.
>>
>>80958666
I love when he's advising the Monarch about his past hatred of someone and his advice is to kill the fucker and lets him get to it.I expected some shitty overcoming hate moral you usually see but he aced it and showed he understands how this shit works.
>>
>>80958901
But in like a good way!
>>
>>80958258
rick and morty happened
>>
>>80958967
He said he never told anyone he did that. I presume guild regulations prevent you from killing your arching target. So how does he sate his bloodlust? Killing the help? OSI were surprised he attacked them with live rounds, so even they expected him to show up and only half-fight like most other villains.

If he only arches once a year and kills a ton of people each time, one would think the guild would do something about that.
>>
>>80958947
They wrote four episodes.

Then the network told them they can only make two.

So they chose the two they like, and made the first one more "season finale-y" but they couldn't reverse the order because they had too much continuity stuff to jiggle around.

The episodes didn't get shuffled, they simply weren't planned as season finales.
>>
>>80958666
Whoever he arched was probably a wreck who had nightmares every night in the end.
>>
File: jackdoc.jpg (194KB, 594x396px) Image search: [Google]
jackdoc.jpg
194KB, 594x396px
Jesus it's hard t believe the season is over already.

I know Doc is busy painting and rock and rolling with his band to get cracking on more eps and a shorter time between seasons but what is Jackson doing in between that time?

OK ive been thinking about this. Whose scripts do you like better Jackson or Docs?

To me Jackson seems to be more into Venture Lore while Doc seems to be interested in moving the story forward. Both have differences in the way they tell jokes. Doc gets a lot of gags from nostalgia while Jackson gets his gags from the characterization of the cast.

What say you /co/?
>>
>>80957929
I like his bro moment with Brock. I'd like to see him utilized more that way, with his knowledge of the guild and villainy.
>>
>>80959097
I saw that we cancel this show and give CN more money for another Regular Show Movie and Teen Titans Go!
>>
>>80958258
My guess, since this show relies on DVD sales, the big gaps are for DVD sales...

Maybe if they switched from Adult Swim to Hulu or Netflix or something they'd get a larger team and a more speedy schedule.
>>
Rewatching the show I finally realized that Rusty and the boy's bedrooms are next to each other and they share a bathroom.

Season 6 really made me come to like the show more.
>>
>realizing Brock was probably no match for Red Death in his prime
>>
>mfw Doc Hammer is 49
>>
>>80959034
I think they didn't think it was all that bad. He only arches once a year and I'm sure the body count is roughly equal to other villains annual count.
>>
>>80958666
When he's in villain mode, is he naked under the cape, or is just a power suit of some sort that looks like muscle? It seemed like it a few joints and the shade of his face when he wasn't angry wasn't the same red as his body.
>>
>>80959082
Anon, theyre all dead.
>>
>>80959223

Seems like the armor of Dracula, the one from the Francis flick.
>>
8 episodes....this is some bullshit
when is the next season going to start?
>>
>>80957438
He's rich.

And she's probably a person that enjoys being controlled and protected and is a masochist.
>>
>>80959402
3 years, give or take
>>
>>80959223
I like to think it was regular armor and not powered only for 2 reasons though.

1 - He doesn't show any super strength wearing it
2 - I just want to think he's too badass for power armor.
>>
>>80959433
>7 seasons over 16 years
fucking hell
>>
>>80957929
Give him time, man. It's fairly realistic he hasn't bounced back yet. Think about his progress in the three years or whatever timeframe since he was introduced.
-Went from divorced antagonist with lingering supersoldier serum side-effects of pedophilia to reformed protagonist
-Found new purpose while attempting to reconcile his lingering urges with a shitty "drug" or whatever the OSI gave him, while still pining for Princess Tiny Feet
-Finally reunited with PT, only to officially split with her after seeing her being gang-banged by leather daddies
(Keep in mind this whole time he is actually attempting to do good and get his shit together, only to be shit on by Doc)
-Finally gets a drug that gets rid of his pedophiliac urges, but gives him giant tits
-BUT finally becomes "family" with team Venture
-Finds a friend in 21, kinda, only to feel betrayed
-Gets fucked by the Monarch burning the Venture compound to the ground, which he gets blamed for
-Loses his job to someone younger, more fit, and more confident than him

But the the Venture pack loves him. Rusty gave him a security job and Hank and Dean both obviously think a lot of him. He got his shit kicked in because he is out of shape. I guarantee this is the rock bottom he needs to really get his shit together. I could see him literally dying for the Ventures, but I don't think they'd kill him off unceremoniously.
>>
Why have we not talked about based Snoopy yet? I motherfucking love that dude.
>>
>>80959034
Sounds like he didn't have primary arching rights to Dr. Cadmius. That's why he could never take credit for it or let anyone else know about it.

Red Death is a legend. They state that. As a legend, he's probably given more leeway than other villains in the guild, particularly since he only arches once a year.
>>
>>80959133
Why I agree, fellow anonymous forum poster. Let's all participate in market research surveys and express our strong desire for more merchandisable shows.
>>
>>80958812
It doesn't matter what you can imagine. The best thing about venture bros is that it's what no other animated show on tv right now is. It's the full package. Great Art, Great Writing, Great Characters...it's everything a great cartoon should be. Most CN shows these days skimp on something and just use overly simplified art, flash motion art, or stick figures with tiny smiley faces to let you know how cute they are wink. bleh. I like Venture as the full realization of an idea. Without that I'm out. I didn't read the Avatar comics, and I probably won't read the Korra comics. It's not as good as the show. That's my bottom line.
>>
>>80955204
I did the exact same thing
>>
>>80959034
OSI were surprised he used live rounds because it was just bait for the Blue Morpho and he was in on it. That's why he and Brock were talking afterward and were like "should we do this over?" I think he was just excited, plus I'm sure he was well aware of Brock's ability and was just having a bit of fun.
>>
>>80959530
>But the the Venture pack loves him. Rusty gave him a security job and Hank and Dean both obviously think a lot of him.

This makes no sense. Hank tells us that Sgt Hatred molested him and his brother when he kidnapped them in a prior event. While Hank states that Dean was knocked out from drugs the entire time, he (Hank) still remembers it. It was just one more reason why Hank hated Hatred when he became the family bodyguard.
>>
>>80955002
Doc and Monarch are the real Venture Bros. Hank and Dean really are side characters.
>>
>>80959813
I dunno man. It's Venture Bros. There's a lot of weird shit that goes on. Hank specifically tells Hatred last season "You're family, Uncle Vatred". I also don't think Hammer and Publick expected to move him to the forefront when they wrote that part about "bad touching". The boys also work hard to help him get past his urges, and they do help.
>>
I need screencaps. Screencaps of Red Death.
>>
File: RedDeath.png (873KB, 1275x734px) Image search: [Google]
RedDeath.png
873KB, 1275x734px
>>80959969
"A man can do terrible things when he lost his way.. Terrible things."
>>
>>80959034
We've seen with the Monarch that you have plenty of instances where we've had villains kill their arching targets and we've seen with Jonas that heroes end up killing villains.

The threat level system makes it so you don't have the dude with the fucking super team or evil army fight a glorified larper but at the same time deaths still happen.

I mean the guild was pissed that the Monarch was killing shit like Dr. Dugong but it's not like he got a hit squad sent after him for one guy. Even in cases with Phantom Limb we see that the villain community and everyone who "plays the game" are pretty forgiving so long as you prove you're an asset.

Collateral deaths are to be expected and presumably Red Death is a long standing member of the guild who plays within the boundaries he sets. It's the guilds job to ensure he's not going super crazy and I'd imagine they set him up with comparable threats.

It's not like he's going out slaughtering every single person on a regular basis. He goes out once a year, leaves a body count (this doesn't even mean he's killing the arch all the time it could be just grunts and god knows the OSI and Guild give no fucks as long as they're chumps), and then he's good.

You compare Rad Death to real assholes like Limb, or Monarch, or JJ who refused to play by the rules at all and he's a saint in comparison. From what we've seen of the guy he's a professional psychopath and damn good at it. He knows what lines he needs to stay in in order to get his murder boner on and despite him being a little more "killer" than other villains he's seemingly an ideal model of what the guild strives for.
>>
Im gonna miss VB threads on /co/
>>
Brock has killed tons of arches. wtbd
>>
That was the season finale?
>>
Doom Factory was the highlight of the season for me.

>Um........yeah.
>>
>>80960633
it's...complicated.

Last week is more in line with a season finale-ish episode, and they ended up miscalculating their order and wrote a 4 episode arc with only 2 remaining so the remaining 2 will either be the premier of next season or air separately as a tv special.
>>
>>80960663
Doom Factory and Red Death were my favorite villains this season.

Haranguetan was okay, Think Tank didn't think to bring other board games, and Wide Wale's just a fishy Kingpin. Wandering Spider was barely a character aside from side info about how he got his current stance in the Guild. Battleaxe was cool, though, and I'm kinda glad she survived because she's got a sickass bar she's running.

>inb4 Brick Frog
>>
>>80959034
He kills alot of people when he shows up, thats why he only goes on an arching once a year
>>
>>80960819
Battleaxe survived?
>>
>>80960819

Battleaxe drove her battletank into multi-story drop and exploded.

She's dead, dude.
>>
>>80960895
>>80961073
She's seen with a neck brace in her bar when 21 is scouting for Wandering Spider.
>>
>>80960895
>>80961073
Someone didn't watch episode 7

>>80961121
Hey-O
>>
File: 1454281391766.jpg (234KB, 1080x739px) Image search: [Google]
1454281391766.jpg
234KB, 1080x739px
>>80955002
What if he started arching Dr. Orpheus? It seems like that'd be the coolest magic v demonic battle the series could do, plus they're both great dads to their daughters.
>>
>>80961173
>>80961121
Ah

I didn't notice
>>
>>80959612
John Hodgman is always funny.
>>
>>80961121
>>80961173
>drunk half the time
>big bodied
>drove down a hole in a reinforced Winnebago
>was pumped on adrenaline the entire time
>still active enough to run her bar
She might be Hatred's type unless he's still pining for tiny women or Billy.
>>
>>80957477
Probably.

Original Team Venture were top tier, but Action Man would still lost.

Also, if I remember correctly, he had the same super soldier serum that Hathred.
>>
>>80959097
which episodes were which?
>>
>>80961250
>get arched once a year
>body count is dependent on neighborhood
>cleanup is a snap because of their powers
>spend the other 364 days of the year talking about family stuff, Orpheus gives Red Death advice on how to raise Lyla
>might even become Uncle Byron and visit during the holidays and bring his sizzling mini fajitas
>meanwhile Tatyana is bored of being with the Outrider and Triana's just sitting there with her crippled goth boyfriend being rebellious as ever
>>
>>80961559
Fucking cripsters
>>
>>80955208
Probably high as fuck and killed a baby werewolf. Action man got to kill a baby and puppy all in one shot.
>>
>>80961394
He's not a pedo anymore, he wouldn't go for Billy
>>
>>80961394
>>80961670
Is he already over Princess Tinyfeet? That's the important question.
>>
DING DINGA ROUND ONE

NOW THE BATTLE'S BEGUN
>>
>>80961559
that sounds pretty good.

Dr. Orpheus fought Cthulhu and his Master is the most powerful supernatural force next to Dr. Killinger. He and Red Death would have the best clash of the titans.

And the rest of the time, just gardening or shopping or taking the kids to school.
>>
>>80961696
I'd say so. The clean break was seeing that she was into polyamory, which, as far as he was willing to go, he's not okay with seeing her nailed by other dudes.
>>
>>80961559
I want this so much.
>>
File: HOT.png (182KB, 455x281px) Image search: [Google]
HOT.png
182KB, 455x281px
>>80961696
I'm sure he's over it after his intervention with the boys and Monarch's henchmen after they left the movie theater.

>Hank dressed up as Princess Tinyfeet
>mfw

Also >>80961836
>>
>>80955208
the world may never know
>>
>>80961670
I really didn't like the Billy thing, but it's the kind of bit that's in the aftercredits of every other episode that can be ignored safely.
>>
>>80962420
He revealed he didn't do anything to Bill than cuddle, I guess Doc and Jackson didn't like the idea either.
>>
So what all in this season is still unresolved?
>Rusty still has the wealth and business
>Dean still has the nanobots inside him
>Hank still dating Wide Whale's daughter
>Brock and Warriana still a thing
>Monarch still needs to finish his Blue Morpho objective
>Mrs. The Monarch doesn't know who Blue Morpho is and still wants to kill him
>Wide Whale is probably planning some shit with Copycat involved
>Crusaders Action League might still be in trouble with Wide Whale
>Gary might still be dealing with guilt
>>
>>80959530
>burns the venture compound
what episode?
>>
>>80962841
>Dean still has the nanobots inside him
Pissed them out after his entrance exams.

>Monarch still needs to finish his Blue Morpho objective
Just Wide Wale's left.

>Gary might still be dealing with guilt
That's why he had the bathroom filled with villains. It didn't work out, though.
>>
>>80955002
what was he a parody of?
I thought red skull at first (obviously) but then he has the reaper get up
>>
>>80962901
>Pissed them out after his entrance exams.
They left three in his brain
>>
>>80962959
Too bad he bombed his philosophy essay.
>>
File: shirts.jpg (3MB, 1929x2553px) Image search: [Google]
shirts.jpg
3MB, 1929x2553px
>>80955204
First time subscribing, i'm pretty happy with most of the shirts. I think Doom factory is the only one I really dislike

r8 my taste
>>
>>80962841
It's Wide Wale. And why do things like Brock and Warriana need to be "resolved"
>>
File: maestrowave.jpg (38KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
maestrowave.jpg
38KB, 720x404px
couldn't he have at least melted his chain if he'd kept at it long enough?
>>
>>80963135
I didn't really mean it needed to be. I just brought it up because it's something different from the usual status quo that's still going on in the plot.
>>
>>80963171
You don't get it. He wanted to eat the butts.
>>
>>80963133
I'm really upset I missed out on the Ventech shirt. It's the best shirt.
>>
>>80963133
I think I'd like the Doom Factory shirt if it was more suited for a shirt than keeping the box-friendly design (maybe make the red parts vaguely circular or ovalish).

>>80963171
I think he did at first, but made his chain longer after killing the other guys and eating their butts, staying chained up so he can get the termite guy's butt while playing prisoner.
>>
>>80963171
I think he just enjoyed eating ass. He even seemed to see his captors as gods or something. Dude was crazy.
>>
I like how close the Monarch and 21 have gotten this season, they seriously feel like genuine best friends now. Just the way The Monarch calmly delivers that "And I'm allergic to your complaining" line sounds like the kind of banter bros would have.
>>
File: bidlo_not_warhol_1991[1].jpg (60KB, 473x355px) Image search: [Google]
bidlo_not_warhol_1991[1].jpg
60KB, 473x355px
>>80963133
I'm suprised how many people didn't get the reference
>>
File: 1309964862017.png (136KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1309964862017.png
136KB, 360x360px
>>80963171
I love how venture bros has really clever writing and is still able to make jokes about a guy eating butts
>>
>>80962420
this>>80962492
but also, yeah, after credits can be revealing or just goofy, like the Revenge Society watching the Venture bros and breaking the 4th wall
>>
>>80957438
Red Death is just a disguise. It's actually Lex Luthor under there
>>
>>80963452
I didn't get it until I found out Warhammer was supposed to be a Warhol reference in addition to being a Luthor parody.

It was when 21 and Monarch were using the silver balloons that reminded me of Andy Warhol.
>>
>>80962868
All This And Gargantua 2. It's party of the reason they're in NY bruh
>>
>>80963452
>>80963504

As someone who has no interest in art culture, I don't think I ever would of gotten the reference if it wasn't for other anons pointing it out to me.
>>
>>80963452
I'm surprised people like Warhol
>>
>>80958371
Well the word was that Adult Swim were assholes because it's the one show they don't own, but they still absolutely need it.

Warner is shit incarnate.
>>
Two pull my finger jokes in one episode, both in fucked up situations. Doc and Publick are gods.
>>
>>80963624
Warhol pioneered the things that usually aren't art as art. His big thing was commercials and ads can be art. Most of the field of graphic design looks back to him. His ideas are why people even give the idea of comics and cartoons as something with merit the time of day.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (163KB, 1726x962px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
163KB, 1726x962px
I never would of thought Rusty would be capable of actual heroism.
>>
>>80963723
He didn't pioneer it. He popularized it.
>>
>>80963763
I'm more surprised that a spring-loaded toy had enough force to pierce through all the way through Rusty.
>>
>>80961559
Orpheus really enjoyed the whole song and dance though. I don't think he'd be satisfied with only fighting his arch once a year.
>>
>>80963129
I thought that was a ruse. The professor had just gotten news that he was to be arching his student's dad and probably didn't want to be mixing up his civilian/villain life.
>>
>>80963891
Rusty is basically tissue paper. Hatred almost killed him with a rubber bullet.
>>
>>80962919
Physical parody of Red Skull, but has traits of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Also, see the Poe story "The Masque of Red Death."
>>
>>80957237
Its his mom, people just can't fathom a guy can hide his dick really well and take Dr. Z's cock just to get something for Doc Venture Sr.
For some reason people need to figure out some weird thing for a green hornet character who's way into his job. He can't switch sexes.
>>
>>80963941

>Break out the super non-lethals! We're going full on NERF with this one!

I just love Publick's delivery with Hatred sometimes, I swear.
>>
>>80963991
I also remember a picture being posted of some other mythological character who Red Death looked like on his horse, besides a horseman of the apocalypse
>>
File: scr01.jpg (63KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
scr01.jpg
63KB, 512x384px
>>80963723
Doesn't Original Dadism predate him and it's the same basic principal of re-appropriating other's material to create "new art" or do you mean the pop commercialism aspect to it? Which is ironic since wasn't the point he was sort of making fun of it?
>>80963763
>Scamp 3 is the same breed as the Boy's Scamp
>Rusty couldn't bare to see him die even if he was a replacement
What happened to Rusty between diving on a grenade to save him and skinning him alive for Pretty Girl Science
>>80964024
I mean half the fun of this show is the theories, Blue Morpho's immaculate tucking technique isn't as fun as him being a hermaphrodite or a crossdressing couple pretending to be one guy.
>>
>>80964137
The only thing that comes to mind is the Nuckelavee.
>>
How is Red Death under Wide Whale?
>>
>>80963763
He probably had the heroism beaten out of him.
>>
>>80964214
More active in guild politics, probably
>>
>>80964214
I was wondering the same thing, I don't know how he was placed at #3 for arching Venture.
>>
>>80964214
Wide Wale probably set something up. Red Death has a pretty posh house for a guy who only works once a year. WW probably pays him for taking care of an arch he can't be bothered with or something.
>>
>>80964214
He doesn't really seem to care much for guild power. He seems pretty content with following the rules and getting his bloodlust out every once in a while.
>>
>>80955002
Recovering sadist. He's known for killing lots of people, and he still enjoys killing people, but he's clearly disturbed by the lack of self-control he had earlier in his career. Seems like he learned how to control himself because no one else could.
>>
>>80964214
Because he doesn't want that shit to be his life. He does it once a year to fulfill his hatred, then goes back to his family, which is the most important part. Wide Wale runs tons of shit and is mega resourceful. Who would be the bigger final boss, a guy who's always ready to arch or a guy who wants to stay the fuck out of it 364 days a year?
>>
>>80963763
That ain't heroism, that's a broken kid sick of seeing his pets die horribly.
>>
>>80964304
Red Death arches once a year.
>>
>>80961398
How come AM didn't get the slowly become incompetent side effect? He just got the insanity.
>>
>>80963133
Shirts ranked best to worst:
1. Quizboy and the Pink Pilgrim
2. Blue Morpho
3. VenTech
4. Brockalypse
5. Doom!
6. I NY
7. Stuyvesant University
8. Dr Mrs The Monarch Pin-Up
9. Enzo's Specailty Tailoring
>>
>>80961398
>>80964689
Action Man didn't get a serum I don't think.
His "serum" was Government Crank the whole point is he's just a really fit guy then they'd murder his inhibitions with speed and set him loose on the enemy.
Hatred seems like an actual serum, I think is incompetence comes from just letting himself get soft and then it doesn't help that he was chemically castrated.
>>
>>80964335
Literally this entire season was people who WW pays to take care of an arch he can't be bothered with.
>>
>>80964993
Literally correct in every way
>>
>>80960309
>Dr. Dugong
Speaking of him. Do you think he has any relation to Wide Whale? I think they both did the cross over with sea life genetics shit.
>>
>>80965123
Yeah, which was why I put that out as a response the question. It's also worth noting that Wide Wale is related to Dr. Dugong, and by handing Venture off to some other villains, he's irritating the Monarch, just like how Hatred tried to piss off the Monarch, way back when.
>>
>>80965168
http://www.tvinsider.com/article/77878/the-venture-bros-scoop-about-season-6-the-finale/
Yeah, Doc and Jackson confirm it here.
>>
>>80965168
yes, they're brothers
>>
>>80963723
This
>>80963888
Andy Warhol is the Kiss, or the Apple, of the art scene. He was just really good at packaging someone else's idea.
>>
>>80965168
They're brothers.
One of the episodes mentioned Wide Wale and his brother doing experiments with cuttlefish DNA.
>>
>>80965250
>>80965339
well fuck then. Maybe that's why Wide Whale knocked Monarch down in guild standing.

"you killed my broddah, I take your arch."

I guess it also helps that Rusty pissed Wide Whale off right as soon as he showed up in the neighborhood as well but still.
>>
>>80955002
>Rare Clancy in Venture Bros
>Rare Clancy in Daredevil
It was a good week for fancy Clancy fans.
>>
>>80957979
Wait a tic
*Zoom*
*Enhance*
Dota?
>>
>>80965508
He was in The Flash too, I liked Daredevil more though.
>>
Is The Monarch one of us?
>>
>>80966284
you men the hentai crack because he can't connect with real people?

Maybe more than you know
>>
>>80966284
He had a stable marriage for years with a crazy hot woman. Most of /co/ hasn't even kissed a girl. What do you think?
>>
Are the Monarch and Dr. Mrs. really falling apart? She seemed so supportive of him last episode and two episodes prior, she was obviously concerned for him when she thought the Morpho got him, not to mention that they were about to have some real playtime.
>>
Rewatching the episode. Goddamn Action Man is an asshole.
>>
>>80966413
She's trying but Monarch see's the writing on the wall. She's so consumed with working for the Guild and is practically babysitting the other members, while Monarch just wants to arch.
>>
>>80966507
I think he also sees how she feels about the Blue Morpho which likely makes her feel awkward around her and worried that his marriage is literally dead if she ever find out the truth

Honestly I hope most of next season is Dr Girlfriend becoming a new villain will her own identity other than being married to the Monarch and going full ham on being the Blue Morpho's nemesis, hencemen, command center, even her own butterfly theme.

What could be a good one? we already used Monarch, Viceroy and Blue Morpho
>>
>>80966465
Action Man deserves to burn.
>>
>>80966465
They're all assholes except Billy's mom.
>>
>>80966507
Right but they've gone through worse. The Monarch and her had to deal with his all consuming desire to destroy Venture eclipsing their relationship and they got past it. This is a new job for her, and because they're basically rebuilding the guild from the ground up, of course she's going to be busy, but unlike the Monarch's obsession, once Guild infrastructure evens out, she should have enough time to be with him. Dr. Z is an old hand at the Guild, and seems sensible enough that Dr. Mrs. can afford to ease off of the reins a little bit once everything is in place.
>>
>>80966284
just a stranger on the bus?
>>
File: NtziQgQ.jpg (94KB, 1268x717px) Image search: [Google]
NtziQgQ.jpg
94KB, 1268x717px
>>80955002
>>Hank and Dean, side characters in their own show or natural evolution of the series?

>implying Hank & Dean are the real Venture Brothers.
>>
>>80959135
Hulu has it up to Season 5. It's missing the new one and the Gargantua special
>>
>>80966465
It was just a prank, Rust.
>>80966610
Dr. Lamentis Horrifica.
>>
>>80966507
Monarch brings it on himself. He's been really half-assing being a husband this season.
>>
>>80966610
Red Admiral would be cool, could even play off her current guild uniform.

>>80966658
Yeah they can definitely come out of it and I think that's part of what Red Death was trying to get across to The Monarch about finding a balance between your personal and professional life. Both of their devotions to their work is souring their devotion to each other.
>>
>>80966756
>Implying they thought that far ahead.
>>
>>80966465
Not as much of one as Jonas.
>yes, this psycho who pulls dangerous pranks is a fine bodyguard for my son
>>
>>80966756
So old Blue Morpho confirmed for Rusty's Mom and Monarch's Dad after that flashback yes?
>>
>>80966768
whats Lamentis Horrifica?
>>
>>80966756
>>implying Hank & Dean are the real Venture Brothers.
Except Hank and Dean are real Venture Brothers. Just not the main focus, if you catch my drift.
>>
>>80961559
The thing is Red Death always goes for the kill in his yearly arching.

They might be good pals but I don't think Red Death would hesitate in killing Orpheus
>>
We should have a Venture thread on >>>/i/ 'cause there's where threads can last for three years
>>
>>80955002
I got bored and actually read the credits for once - apparently New York state has a production company that assists TV and film studios that want to feature or use areas of the state in their shows and movies. They even kick money and offer tax breaks for studios that feature the city.

No wonder they chose to do this season in New York.
>>
I wanted to know what happened on Hank and Dean's maturity trip.
>>
>>80966844
A wild shot in the dark with no googling, but probably a type of butterfly.
>>
>>80966836
Same mothers, different fathers. Jonas & Blue Morpho seemed like the type that would be into sharing like that.
>>
>>80966465
To be fair, he wasn't expecting Rusty to jump on the grenade.

Also, what the fuck kind of bang stick has a spring strong enough to go entirely through a kid's torso?
>>
>>80966892
I'm sure Orpheus and Al can handle a giant skull man with vaporization powers.

Jefferson would be screwed, though.
>>
>>80966800
I was assuming a costume change, like the Monarch just comes downstairs one day and his wife has literally turned a portion of the house into her new headquarters, gotten an army of henchmen, and become a level 10 arch with full rights to arch the Blue Morpho and all his friend and family onto death.

And then like half the season is just them playing cat and mouse Dr. Girlfriend slowly getting frustrated with being her own number 1 actually being harder than she thought and the Monarch trying to figure out how to dodge her and still murder Wide Wale before retiring the Blue Morpho for good, probably ending with the Blue Morpho actually defeating Dr. Girlfriend but instead of murdering her like she expects he tells her the truth.
>>
File: Hold on there.png (44KB, 385x585px) Image search: [Google]
Hold on there.png
44KB, 385x585px
>>80966815
I think they did.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgR5enB-ph8
>2:10 - 'Nobody knows why. It's like in his blood or something'
>In his blood
>>
>>80966926
i googled it and got nothing thats why i asked
>>
>>80966844
Corny play on Limentis Glorifica, a type of butterfly I picked at random.
>>80966892
>Red Death is Orpheus' buddy 364 days out of the year
>Calls him up a day in advance to let him know he's going to kill him.
>>80966833
I think guarding Rusty was secondary, Action Man wasn't so much his bodyguard as Team Venture had: "Protect" Rusty in the addendum.
>>
>>80966916
That and they moved offices to NYC.
>>
>>80967038
But Jefferson is magic.
Maybe he's developed his powers some.
>>
>>80966916
wait really? well that explains why so many things are set in New York City, they literally subsidize shows about their city
>>
>>80966833
Kano was the oficcial babysitter of Rusty. He s kind of better than most of the original Team Venture.

I wish we could see more of their power levels. I loved Gentlemen chopping that mercenary's arm off easily.
>>
>>80966641
Fish Mormon is pretty chill.
>>
>>80964214
Whale has a lair and minions
>>
>>80967142
Really? I thought all Adult Swim shows and offices were based in Atlanta where Williams Street is.
>>
>>80967128
its very possible, the fact that Red Mantle is a part of Orpheus's magical order suggests that they aren't exactly aliened by traditional good and evil.
>>
>>80957979
>mfw it'll literally be a new decade
>>
>>80967226
>implied killer of Dr. Venture
The revelation that he was closely linked to Blue Morpho before joining up with Team Venture makes that little tidbit fun. Kano was taking orders from someone on high, but did that start when he was still with BM or after BM died?
>>
>>80966668
This.
>>
>>80967302
Venture Bros was always made outside that I think, World Leader Productions or whatever it is called. Pretty sure they just publish through williams street basically, although I think they are one of the few people williams street actually contracts out to instead of doing stuff internally
>>
>>80967388
I think they go through Titmouse now, don't they?
>>
>>80967038
>>80967204
>Orpheus and Al pull Red Death into Hell so they can avoid collateral damage and Red Death gets to kill all the bystanders he wants while Orpheus and Al run for their lives
>Jefferson is now able to move in Hell while between the two worlds and can't be killed, but he has the downside of moving around in the real world and looking like a LARPing jackass
>can still pull the other three out when they've had their fun
>>
>>80967443
Chirp, ya slut
>>
>>80967226
>I loved Gentlemen chopping that mercenary's arm off easily.

That was one my favorite scenes in the whole series.

Shit got real so fast.
>>
>>80966836
>>80955092

I don't understand the "Blue Morpho = Rusty's mom" theory or Billy's mom being the BM.
>>
>>80967226
Col. Gentleman is so fucking based. I really wish they'd do more with him sometime.
>>
>>80967576
Chekhov's vagina.
>>
>>80967589
The thing is that there are so many good groups in this show.

Every season I always want an episode with A-plots using the old Team Venture, Order of the Triad, Watch and Ward/Red Mantle and Dragoon

And it kills me inside that the episode order is so short it can't be justified
>>
>>80967631
The Monarch literally watched a video of him and Jonas banging two girls together
>>
>Dermott didn't appear once this season
nothing of value etc
>>
>>80967673
It was just a super duper costume.
>>
>>80967673
>implying two people can't use the same identity
>>
>>80967685
I actually started to like Dermott as the show went on. He actually started to grow as a character and then they just kinda left him for New York. It's understandable but still.
>>
>>80967685
I mean he made a cameo during the special when he found one of the council member's bodies
>>
>>80966465
well, yeah
he killed a baby
>>
>>80967727
we already know who Billy's mom was though
>>
Wait WHAT IF Blue Morpho is a tranny, Jonas transitioned him then faked his death so he could live as chick without anyone knowing.
>Kano took a great MAN from the world
>>
>>80967673
From the back
>>
I've been rewatching the old seasons and i feel like I missed an episode somewhere, on season 5, when was the episode were Orpheus and Rusty got into a pissing match about science and magic and which one was better?
>>
>>80967778
Jonas also made him eternally youthful, but could never quite fix the Blue Morpho's manly voice and then she lost her memories in a plane crash and she started dating Phantom Limb
>>
But isnt Blue Morpho Vendata?
>>80967860
Season 2 Escape from the house of the mummies part 2.
>>
>>80967860
That was Season 2
>>
>>80967860
season 2 I think, its like Escape from the Tomb of the Mummy Part 2, but there is no Part 1
>>
>>80967902
>Escape from the house of the mummies part 2.
Ha, that was the one episode that I always saw when the show was on, I decided to skip it during my binge, thanks man, I really should rewatch it for has to be the sixth time.
>>
>>80967860
This >>80967902
Also don't forget to whatch part 3. It's the best from the House of Mummies arc.
>>
>>80967931
I remember back when I didn't follow Venture Bros and only caught it when it was on (which usually wasn't from beginning to end), I saw that episode like 4 times before I got the joke.
>>
There's a lot of gay in this show. I think Doc and Jackson are secretly courting each other through the scripts but the other one isn't getting the hint. It's tragic when you think about it, especially considering their schedules.
>>
File: Rusty_Venture.webm (48KB, 1920x1076px) Image search: [Google]
Rusty_Venture.webm
48KB, 1920x1076px
>>80955002
This season's a mess that's for sure.
It started out nice with the Wide Whale and the Copycat guy and I was curious to see where it would go, but they ditch things left and right. Doc gets a billion and non of it's expanded upon. Just fulltime Monarch and 21. (at least there's no Hatred, though) :I
>>
>>80960353
>Im gonna miss VB threads on /co/

I know. Somebody needs to hold Docs testicles hostage and make him push out a season before the end of the year.
>>
>>80968333

That image would've been better as a gif. It's only like 4 frames.
>>
>>80968371
>gif
Old and busted. Embrace the new hotness.
>>
>>80968346
You know we have threads about shows on hiatus all the time.

We just need to discuss lore and stuff. You guys should take advantage that its still fresh the discussions
>>
>>80968333
because the last two episodes were supposed to be four
>>
>>80968468
>You know we have threads about shows on hiatus all the time.
Yeah, but VB threads die out pretty fast, especially since we have to wait so long between seasons. It gets to the point where even trying to start a VB thread will get you maybe 10-12 replies before it dies. Granted, we just ended a season so it'll take a bit before we hit that kind of lull, but it's eventually going to happen.
>>
>>80968333
Unfortunately it's best to think this season as half of a split season like how Season 4 was split. They didn't have enough time for an ending and they decided not to rush one.
>>
>>80967729
He'll be back, if for no other reason than his "mom" will probably want to fleece money out of Rusty now that he's rich(also let's face it, if Dermott had been around there's no way Hank would have gotten anywhere with Sirena)
>>
Is there a place I can find the old threads for this season's premieres? I always watched them on Mondays and forgot to check the reaction thread every time.
>>
Do you think they've reached a point where they have too many characters? There's not enough time to fully develop each character's subplot.
>>
>>80968749
Heaven would be infinite funding for this series.
>>
File: 14583205640470.png (83KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
14583205640470.png
83KB, 736x736px
The end was underwhelming.
Very underwhelming.
>>
>>80956085
Because Dean is the superscientist Rusty could never be. Just as Hank is the great adventurer Rusty could never be.
>>
Shouldn't Wide Wale have been the final boss this season?
>>
>>80968832
Yeah. It wasn't a bad episode, it just didn't feel like a finale. Venture Bros usually leaves a few dangling threads at the end of every season, but here it felt like none of the episode's subplots came close to a resolution. It felt like the season didn't end so much as it just kind of stopped, if that makes sense.
>>
>>80968749
I think that's only a problem to someone who decided they really like Wariana or Brown Recluse or some other side character who shows up a lot and looks like they're going to get real attention but never do. The true main characters still get a lot of development and the circle of important side characters who get attention, though it changes from season to season, is not shallow.
>>
>>80968861
Or at least they were supposed to be. Dean's at some city university (although if he graduates, that's something he'll definitively have over his dad) and Hank hasn't asked about joining the OSI or anything now that he has Brock back in his life.
>>
>>80968879
to be fair, they have already said rather clearly, that they felt they didn't have enough episodes to wrap up the story they wanted to tell, so they didn't try to wrap it up too quickly but decided to kinda leave it for next season instead
>>
So did Dr girlfriend tell the monarch that eh cheated on him towards the end of the episode? Could that be the reason their marriage is falling apart?
>>
Was the Monarch a rank 10 at the end of season 3? He had a base, hundreds of henchmen that could take on OSI in the field, a cool car, and a laser suit.

I think that was pretty much the height of his power.
>>
>>80969005
Yes, I believe that was the implication with the Monarch's explanation.
>>
>>80969005
I think they said he was like a 6 or 7 when he was arching Doc before he inherited all of JJ's stuff.
>>
>>80968978
>So did Dr girlfriend tell the monarch that eh cheated on him towards the end of the episode?
But she didn't. If you're thinking of the Wide Wale thing, what he wanted was arching rights to Venture.
>>
>>80968949
I think that the true "problem" is that the characters and the world itself are amazing.

You could easily carry a lot of spin offs based on a lot of characters.
>>
>>80969095
Oh i thought it was implied when Wide Whale touched her thigh.
>>
>>80969005

Given that Rusty is considered a level 10 target and only level 10s have the clearance to arch him, Monarch could've only been a 10 before.
>>
>>80964199
Life.

Life happened.

40+ years of grinding, disappointing life.
>>
>>80969049
to be fair, I think that the system as it is explained in this season is actually different than it was in the past, Vandata was called a level 1 (implied to be the highest) but now 10 is the highest
>>
>>80969126
They were basically faking us out. The whole scene looks very obviously like he's asking her for sex, but we find out later he just got the Venture rights from her.
>>
>>80963495
>Lex Luthor

>>80956005
So how long before Chris Lambert and Col. Gentleman battle Red Death?
>>
>>80969130
he is considered a 10 now that he has inherited all of Jonas Jr.'s money and equipment, although the Monarch also briefly arched Jonas Jr.
>>
>>80969130
He only became level 10 when he inherited JJ's stuff. That's also why OSI reassigned Brock to him.
>>
>>80969005
6 according to the show.

His henchmen are incompetent and with shit protection. They use mostly poisoned darts and it is pretty explicitty that regular guns are more eficient.

They could take some OSI soldier, but just because with that amount of people some hench would be able to kill some agents. The OSI was literally making a road of corpses with them...like 7 hench for each OSI.
>>
>>80969005
He was also an obsessive loser with bumbling henchmen who had to steal weaponry from other villains to remain relevant and whose only ambition was to play games with a pill-popping never-was living off his father's coattails.

Even though he had a fair amount of potential power, no one in the Guild took him seriously.
>>
File: 1395705980797.gif (3MB, 190x200px) Image search: [Google]
1395705980797.gif
3MB, 190x200px
>I don't know who you are, but you have made a VERY large mistake. I have a very particular set of skills. Skills I've acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a NIGHTMARE for people like you. Release my family, and that will be the end of this. But if you don't, I will look for you. I will find you. And I WILL KILL YOU.
>o-okay, um...ssssssorryyyyyyy?
This fucking show. I really do hope we see more Red Death when the next season airs 14 years from now.
>>
>>80966610
The Lepidopterist?
>>
Anyone have the Mrs. Monarch shirt in XXL they wanna sell?
>>
>>80963312
>but made his chain longer
His chain was longer so he could reach the food. He was the furthest from the door.

The question is why 21 never noticed the bodies before. The most logical answer I can come up with is he had Manolo chain up the people he caught and since Manolo is working for a super villain he just figures this shit is normal. I mean whatever, it's not like he's paid to ask questions.
>>
>>80969217
except before this season the level system is inconsistent, in fact it seems to be entirely different from the system we have explained in this season, with level 1 being the highest and ranks counting down rather than ranks counting up to 10 with it being the highest
>>
>>80969181
Ohh okay, I wonder if Dr girlfriend will kill the monarch by mistake when hes dressed as the blue morpho? Could be the series finale
>monarch dies
>wide whale dies
>brock dies
>>
RD could tell Blue Morpho was the Monarch the moment he saw him. Why couldn't his own wife?
>>
>>80966768
>It was just a prank

Sure it was, baby killer
>>
>>80969387
Because Red Death is really, really good.

Plus I don't think Dr. Mrs. ever got as close to him, did she? Just had some sketchy security cam footage to work with.
>>
>>80969387
She's only seen him from a distance
>>
>>80955696
So you're saying that the last episode aired is actually the 2nd to last continuity wise?
>>
>>80969387
I assume Red Death is at least partly magic, like he recognized the Monarch in civilian cloths and than easily found the Morpho Cave. Not to mention he is apparently freaking immortal or some shit since he is like over 80.
>>
File: MORE.jpg (30KB, 625x261px) Image search: [Google]
MORE.jpg
30KB, 625x261px
>>80955002
This was a bloody god tier episode.

>This is what happens when you don't rush art..
>>
>>80969283
>XXL
Who are you trying to kid? You and I both know you are missing an X on that shirt.
>>
>>80969387
Red Death has had a long and storied career. He's a legend who no doubt has seen it all and done it all.

Setting aside that the show already said the old timers of the Guild remember the Blue Morpho so it's very possible that Red Death knew him and even his original identity, Monarch fucked up big time. The phone call was about him giving up his arching rights to Doctor Venture. Earlier that day The Monarch had talked to Red Death. It did not require the powers of Liam Neeson to figure that shit out.
>>
>>80969512
You think him and Killinger know each other?
>>
>>80969546
Maybe, but more know of each other, its like how Orphious recognized what Killinger was when he met him. I assume to a degree people trained well enough in magic can recognize at least what each other are if not exactly who.

So like Red Death could probably tell Orphious was a necromancer if they ever met and Orphious would probably realize he was facing a literal demon and not just some dude in a mask
>>
>>80969331
They say that regular guns are level 8 on the second season mate.
>>
>>80969512
I think he's just extremely well-informed about all villains, does his own research, and isn't incompetent like the council.
>>
>>80966610
Sovereign
>>
>>80969546
I'm betting Killinger probably got Red Death off the hook for killing Dr. Cadmium and his entire family. The Guild does NOT abide unscrupulous slaughter and violation of Guild Law, no matter what one's status is. Only someone like Dr. Killinger could possibly convince the Guild to not have Red Death stripped of his arching privileges and put to a firing squad.

At the very least, they'd have to have some passing knowledge of each other. Killinger's basically the devil, after all, it wouldn't surprise me that Death works under Satan.
>>
>>80969665
Yeah and they say that Vendata achieved level 1 status with a string of high profile robberies

its inconsistant
>>
>>80969793
pretty sure there is a Guild rule about stealing the name of past or retired villains

Also that's kinda like having your name changed to Hitler just after WW2
>>
>>80969815
I don't recall if you've got the number right, but I'm fairly sure that line was said by OSI, and may reflect an OSI ranking rather than a Guild ranking.
>>
>>80969658
I actually think Red Death is science based, not magic.

His flaming horse is actually a robot. His most hated arch nemesis was a science hero judging by the name. Something to do with radiation.

He's explicitly noted to have killed 50 super soldiers in a routine arch and super soldiers are mostly a tech based thing
>>
>>80969815
The Guild was an OSI-related creation so if the whole "Vendata was a Venture created Android" theory ends up true, then it's possible he was a plant to ensure that the Guild operated by the rules?
>>
>>80969526
Surprisingly no, although I think I've reached the point where my metabolism is slowing down and have to better start making some big changes soon. I don't wanna die before the next season comes out.
>>
>>80969960
>I don't wanna die before the next season comes out.
None of us may live that long. Least my kid will be able to talk to his grand kids about the next season when it comes out.
>>
>>80969880
I double checked the clip, it is rank 1, and while it is a line from the OSI I would find it a bit weird if they kept their own ranks separate from the Guild instead of just keeping track of how the Guild ranks their own people.

>>80969946
That's not a theory, thats literally read off as fact from the OSI data base, its pretty much from the same clip

Clip starts about 2:35 into episode 05x07
>>
>>80959529

Think about it like this. I started watching this show when I was a sophomore in HS (2004).

I've watched this show in college.

I've discussed this show with people at my jobs. Plural.

I've discussed this show with my long-term girlfriend.

I've watched this show with my fiancee (same girl).

I fully expect to watch it with my kids.
>>
>>80967777
Who?
>>
>>80970312
Triple Threat
>>
File: Triple Threat.jpg (55KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Triple Threat.jpg
55KB, 720x404px
>>80970312
She was apparently a hero called Triple Threat

She appears briefly in a flashback during episode 5x08, and its mentioned that Action Man has a thing for her.
>>
>>80970422
Oooooh yeah.
>>
>>80970296
7th grade to my own dotnet company.

Can't even believe it's been so long
>>
>>80963897

I dunno, I think Orpheus' thing was that he craved excitement and danger. So, sure he could get arched but both him and Torrid would be pulling their punches.

Or, you could actually have a villain trying to kill you, and you're doing your best to subdue him (since you're a hero, and not supposed to kill them). I think from an adrenaline-thing satisfaction, it would work better for him.
>>
>>80970076
Well there's no real reason why they would use the same. The Guild ranking is pretty much a power ranking, while the OSI's may be a threat priority ranking. Sort of how like Defcon 5 doesn't mean much, but Defcon 1 means we're all going to die.

That being said, its more likely now that you may hear the OSI using the Guild rankings, since they were made very prominent this season, while the OSI line was almost a throwaway line.
>>
>>80970312

C'mon, man.

The Action Man wanted to "Go all animal on her and show her [his] filth!"
>>
File: 1458609945219.png (840KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
1458609945219.png
840KB, 1000x667px
This was a giggle moment
>>
>>80970296
This show has been running for 2/3 of my life. I didn't even take the time to marathon it with a friend until 2011, but I remember it always being on and catching random episodes here and there.
>>
Gods, Clancy Brown's performance was top notch in this episode.
>>
>>80970543
For some reason I didn't notice Phage as Helper in the trailer and I got a fucking kick out of it in the ep
>>
>>80970543
When he got cut in half and tried mimicking Helper I almost rolled out of my chair
>>
>>80969546

Oooh, interesting thought. Maybe Killinger helped Red Death get his murderous rage under control?
>>
>>80970548
Their voice director let him show off his range which is rare these days. It was short lived but it's one of my favorite performances of his.

It's like when Kevin Conroy was on the show. Captain Sunshine was all over the place.
>>
>>80970670
It was fantastic. I couldn't even tell it was him when Red Death showed up at first because it was such a light and easy tone, so pleasant, and then when he let the dark side slip in I recognized him instantly.
>>
In party for tarzan, 21 said that he dropped out of 8th grade to join the monarch crew, but in rapacity in blue, he uses the skills taught to him by his high school home economics teacher to tailor the old blue morpho suits... did anyone else catch this?
>>
>>80970772
Unreliable Narrator? We've known for a looong time that 21's been in Monarch's crew since he was young.
>>
File: Baby Werewolf.jpg (25KB, 294x294px) Image search: [Google]
Baby Werewolf.jpg
25KB, 294x294px
Guys watch out, its an ocelot! Someone shoot it!
>>
>>80964199
I don't remember this. What season / episode was it?
>>
>>80970772
Well he did say that he went back for his GED. So a night school class, maybe?
>>
>>80970772
Maybe he actually learned it somewhere else but was embarrassed to say where.
>>
>>80970772
I thought they just said home economics teacher. Might be a minor continuity error though.
>>
>>80970838
does anyone else feel like this baby werewolf was probably really dangerous and about to actually kill someone and Gentleman just likes being a dick and tease Action Man about it even though he probably saved Rusty's life
>>
>>80970735
What makes it is how effortlessly he switches between scary monster and nice guy.
>>
>>80970930
yes
>>
>>80970772
He also was "kidnapped" but still lives with his mom
>>
>>80970930
Maybe. Gentleman's a dick, but we also know Action Man's pretty much a sociopath so it's possible both sides of the story have some truth to them.

Like maybe it really was a baby werewolf and was potentially dangerous but it wasn't harming anyone at the time.
>>
>>80970959
Atomic comic collection connection. God I love that.
>>
>>80970959
We only saw him living with his mom after Monarch went to prison, though.
>>
>>80970980
to be fair, Action Man seems like a bit of a nut job but has he ever actually intentionally harmed anyone who didn't have it coming? Its not like we see him go into rages or something and murder everyone around him
>>
>>80970930
Yeah I thought that was the joke, It's an understandable situation that Col Gentleman likes misrepresenting to bust Action Man's balls.
>>
I used to think Jonas was the asshole but I'm starting to think Action Man is responsible for most of Rusty's trauma.
>>
>>80971069
I mean Jonas let the Action Man be around his son, that's some bad parenting right there
>>
>>80970587
I prefer when he was at the pool after party and they just stuck him on a pool floaty.
>>
>>80971069
>NOT TODAY, RUSTY
>>
File: Larry having a laugh.jpg (59KB, 305x408px) Image search: [Google]
Larry having a laugh.jpg
59KB, 305x408px
>>80961628
Underated post
>>
>>80971069
Even if Jonas wasn't directly responsible for it, he's complicit by letting it happen.
>>
>>80971050
We don't know enough but so far we've seen the kind of "pranks" he likes to pull on Rusty. In actual combat mode he's completely out of control, so there's a chance he shot a kid who he just thought was a werewolf.
>>
File: dermott-picture.png (172KB, 367x374px) Image search: [Google]
dermott-picture.png
172KB, 367x374px
Admit it, you miss him
>>
>>80971183
I miss pretty much every character who's not currently on-screen
>>
File: tumblr_npgbivfKFf1ry3phio1_400.gif (799KB, 256x319px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npgbivfKFf1ry3phio1_400.gif
799KB, 256x319px
>>80971183
personally I miss sexy Dean
>>
>>80971183
>we never got stupid bullshit like hiding a lighter up the ass IN NEW YORK
I do. I really do miss him.
>>
>>80957979
>three

I'll be married likely with a child on the way before we get another season. I started watching this shit in the 8th grade. As long as it doesn't get canceled I don't care how long it takes.
>>
>>80971183
I do.
>I couldn't run because I have a lighter up my ass.
>ok, now I believe you're hanks friend.
>>
>>80955208
Who knows. Could have been a werewolf baby or a hallucination brought upon by all the experimental drugs the military were using on him.
>>
>>80970422
>Matching outfits with the other guy
What's their theme, skills and or personalities?
>>
>>80971370
>personalities
We know Billy's Mom's. I'm sure the other guy would be fairly similar.
>skills
Dancing fighters
>theme
Dancers
>>
>>80971370
No clue really, from what we saw of Billy's mom on Gargantua 2 she seems to just be basic martial arts and combat skills, literally no clue about Jass though, not even sure if they are actually related or they just happened to look like they matched in this particular shot
>>
>>80956085
Hey fuck off with that last one, shore leave was right.
>>
>>80961173
Damn. I actually thought it was funny to think she died crashing the van.
>>
>>80968749
they've killed off or phased out a good half of the cast over the course of the show.

> Impossible family no longer mentioned
> Shore Leave phased out in S6 after a lot of screentime in S4 and 5
> Dermott and his family, Triana, Orpheus and the Triad noshows in S6
> 24, Moppets, rest of Monarch's crew
> JJ + various Guild/OSI side characters

And probably a few more I'm forgetting
>>
>>80961173
Well shit, and I thought the hole in the Venture lobby had claimed more lives this season then the Monarch, so much for that theory.
>>
>>80971583
oh shit maybe Think Tank is still alive too, the Monarch just doesn't have to kill him since he got demoted after Warrianna and Brock destroyed his tank
>>
File: NightDickCU.jpg (40KB, 593x582px) Image search: [Google]
NightDickCU.jpg
40KB, 593x582px
Jesus, this season felt rushed as hell.
We didn't get to see much of the heroes like Night Dick and others.
It's like something is missing, this season was like Metal Gear Solid 5, but not as disappointing.
>>
File: revolver ocelot.png (913KB, 1023x670px) Image search: [Google]
revolver ocelot.png
913KB, 1023x670px
>>80970838
But what if it shoots you back?
>>
>Rock beats paper, why do you even pick Paper? Rock's the best one.
I love goofy Brock.
>>
>>80971677
>barrel on the bottom of the cylinders

For why
>>
>>80971630
>rushed
Stop repeating whatever insult you hear the most amount of times for every damn situation. The word you're looking for is "incomplete."
>>
>>80971630
The fedora and domino mask is a combo you don't see too often
>>
File: 1456191123043.gif (249KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1456191123043.gif
249KB, 500x281px
>>80955002

>Adult Swim is going to only allow the budget of 4 episodes "next season"

Oh they really need to dump AS and find fertile ground for this show. AS pretty much wants this show dead and very soon so they can make more cheap ass 'le retro Hanna Barbara reference' quality shit that they can make with $15.

This show has lasted very long but it's treated like complete trash by Adult Swim. 12:00am on a Sunday Night? Are you fucking serious? Why is this show being pushed by while regurgitated garbage taken from other channels (Family Guy) is played 3 hours earlier?
>>
>>80971630
I would have enjoyed Night Dick, but honestly I think the CAL was just sort of set up so it can play a bigger role next season when the Monarch is going after Wide Wale himself, so now the Blue Morpho will have to get past them and Dr Girlfriend to actually succeed
>>
File: trigun-badlands-rumble-1414612.jpg (136KB, 800x1155px) Image search: [Google]
trigun-badlands-rumble-1414612.jpg
136KB, 800x1155px
>>80971709
It's a japanese thing.
>>
>>80971104
He's just quoting a line from the episode the guy showed up
>>
File: solidwaterman.png (185KB, 286x297px) Image search: [Google]
solidwaterman.png
185KB, 286x297px
>>80971263
>24
>>
>>80971809
But is there any tactical advantages/disadvantages to it or is it just a stylistic choice
>>
>>80971867
I miss him, too.. RIP.
>>
>>80971876
Dunno, ask /k/
>>
>>80971766
Because it's too smart for the demographic who watch tv at prime time.
>>
File: mateba-2006m.jpg (104KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
mateba-2006m.jpg
104KB, 660x371px
>>80971709
>>80971809
>The Mateba Autorevolver's barrel alignment is different from most other revolvers. The barrel is aligned with the bottom of the cylinder instead of the top. This lowers the bore axis (line of the barrel) which directs the recoil in line with the shooter's hand thereby reducing the twisting motion or muzzle flip of normal revolvers.
>>
>>80965123
I still think it's one big 'fuck you' to the Monarch for killing the Doctor Cuttlefish guy a few seasons back.

They said Wide Whale got his powers because he and his brother had experimented with marine life, pretty sure Monarch killed his brother, and torturing him by taking his Arch away is more satisfying then outright killing him
>>
File: 948812-jason-gann.jpg (40KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
948812-jason-gann.jpg
40KB, 650x366px
>>80971938
>Wide Whale
>Whale
>>
>>80969254
monarch's response was hilarious but I'm pretty sick of the movie references

there were way too many back to back, it got pretty boring

finding out gary is behind the saw dungeon was hilarious though
>>
>>80969254
>>80971974
The Taken reference was a little too on the nose. Saying Liam Neeson's name didn't really help alleviate it either.
>>
>>80970850
pilot episode, doc invented a method to keep animals alive longer so they can be tested much more for beauty products before dying
>>
Where did this compunction about killing come from? Is it because no 24 ghost?
>>
>>80972135
The most recent episode implied it has more to do with breaking guild rules than actually killing people.
>>
>>80972135
21 only really killed when he was more than half insane from grief. he's never been a cold-blooded murderer.
>>
>>80972135
I think it's more about outright murder

didn't he kill before in self defense?

even when monarch told him to kill the cabbie, 21 didn't do it
>>
File: Wide_Wale.jpg (37KB, 466x478px) Image search: [Google]
Wide_Wale.jpg
37KB, 466x478px
>>80971969
It's an understandable mistake you autist. Look at him, he's got the features of a cartoon whale, complete with the underside and the blowhole.
>>
>>80972175
No, I'm pretty sure it's the killing. He even asks Red Death about how to deal.
>>
>>80972231
I swear Red Death said something about rules in response though
>>
>>80972244
No, the thing before 21 reveals the Saw bathroom. The rules thing is in response to just killing wantonly. 21 wants to know how to deal with the guilt.
>>
>>80971969
>complaining about Wide Wale being misspelled
>not complaining about the five different misspellings of Orpheus
Might as well just call him Chester Ong from now on.
>>
>>80972227
>>80972297
I just appreciate the pun too much
>>
>>80971974
Something has been really off about the references this season. They're all like 5+ years dated.

Was this season written years ago or something?
>>
>>80972323
Oh absolutely
>>
>>80972323
It's not like we've had much media imprinting on the cultural psyche in the past five years like Taken has. It's all been pretty trite schlock.
>>
>>80972323
Yeah, but either way some of the references would've been outdated in past seasons. Like the Taken thing would've already been considered old and overdone in the later half of season 4.
>>
File: 1433880595100.png (225KB, 383x459px) Image search: [Google]
1433880595100.png
225KB, 383x459px
>>80972323
i can`t wait for the venture bros to do a Literally Me reference in 10-15 years.
i`m sure that joke will just age well, like fine wine.
>>
>>80971117
The way this is playing out it seems like Action Man was Jonas Sr's Brock. Borderline psychotic in battle, heavy on lethal solutions, but reversed in methodology since he favors firearms instead of knives and physical brutality (beyond pistol whipping obviously). Kano was originally Blue Morpho's bodyguard.

As for Colonel Gentleman? Since he seems the oldest I'd hazard he may have been Jonas Sr's bodyguard when he was younger, since this crap runs in their family.
>>
File: 49jguFl.png (709KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
49jguFl.png
709KB, 1280x720px
>“-And how will I recognize you?”
>“-Because I have the top of my skull removed and I have this plastic dome with tubes coming out of it.”
>>
>>80972481
>his face is literally pulled over his metal head
Even after watching Robocop this still freaks me out
>>
>>80972459

Jonas Sr's Brock was Swifty.

Or at least, he was Jonas' Race Bannon, while Rusty and Hector was his Johnny and Hadji.
>>
>>80972481

So, its agreed that this is Monarch's dad?
>>
>>80972608
Yes
>>
>>80972522
I actually forgot about Swifty. Can't even remember when we saw them last.

Depends I suppose on when he took his one punch too many to the head. Also I was kinda going with kid bodyguards, but there's no issue with adult bodyguards or even a rule (that I am aware of) that you can only have one. If there is Jonas ignored it.
>>
>>80972608
That Guild sniper who found love on the battlefield? You betcha! How'd you figure it out?
>>
>>80972608
Yup. That was part of the cliffhanger.
>>
>>80972691

I think Jonas Jr had two adventuring teams. Swifty was his 'Johnny Quest' team, Team Venture was his 'Doc Samson and hos Fearsome Five' team.

>>80972716

Can't be. Vendata suffered Death By Samson.
>>
>>80972798
He's been addressed as M.I.A several times this season by the Guild of Calamitous Intent and he was nowhere to be found when the Chamber Sub-Rosa held their meeting at Don Hell's during the season premiere.
>>
>>80972798
Monarch's Ven-dada is still alive
>>
>>80972798
Vendata is still in a coma in that super hero club men's room. He's become as customary to "use as you see fit". They've done things to him that make the blind guy handing out towels blush.

But whenever anyone asks where he is they all pretend they don't know because no way in hell they're admitting it.

He's also not Monarch's dad, clearly that rooftop sniper was. Geez Boco, stop living up to your reputation.
>>
>>80972861

How the heck can he become a Guild operative without them noticing, then?
>>
File: 1402383733755.png (260KB, 358x310px) Image search: [Google]
1402383733755.png
260KB, 358x310px
>s-sorry, i have to eat your butt
everytime
>>
>>80972798
The Spider Skull Island episode with the museum showed the core Team Venture

Jonas
Action Man
Colonel Gentleman
Swifty
Otto the Merman guy
Ook-ook
Giant Man analogue
>>
>>80972952
>said by Misha Collins, who tumblr loves to draw eating butts
>>
>>80972921

No, the events line up pretty well. The Blue Morpho is Monarch's dad. Dies in a plane crash in New Jersey. Jonas Sr rebuilds him as Venturion. Tries to kill Rusty (the metal man from my nightmares!). Becomes the super villain Vendata. Mangled by Brock and currently MIA.

The sniper is probably just another cyborg.
>>
>>80956154
>>80955002
https://mega.nz/#!QkN3BaRb!Tprm_rqX7k6SYQk0rOGje8tmzRm-61wMOdXdzYh1YVU
>>
So what happened to Lord Unterbite?
>>
>>80972999
Didn't he die on Gargantua-2?
>>
>>80972938
He's just that good, dude. When Brock tousled him, some of his humanity came flooding back to him. So now, he's probably trying to regain his memories and figure out what the fuck happened to him.
>>
>>80973021
Thats the last we saw him, so probably.
>>
>>80973038
>>80973021
Professor Possible left with his ex wife in the evacuation.

Fat Chance portaled Phantom Limb to the Meteor Majeure.
>>
>>80972999
He and Fat-Chance are probably off doing something with one of the Guild's subsidiaries or maybe they kept to the Revenge Society and are now screening candidates for their own guild. Richard left with Mrs. Impossible, likely to go help her set up on Spider-Skull and pester the living hell out of her.
>>
A. I love how they brought back Monarch's straight faced lying skills with red death's wife
B. Why hasn't anyone asked the real Kano about blue morpho? His real name, anything?
>>
File: 124217524557.png (189KB, 425x234px) Image search: [Google]
124217524557.png
189KB, 425x234px
>>80971907

>Because it's too smart for the demographic who watch tv at prime time.

I'm the anon you're commenting to...Venture Bros isn't too 'smart', I started watching it when I was 15 when Season 1 debuted. The problem with VB is that it's really hard to get into without starting from Season 1 or 2. Season 6 did a 'restart', but you still had to figure out what the fuck was going on.

In regards to humor, yes there are many spectrum of genres that both Publick and Doc excel at when it comes to making parodies...but there are just as many where they just feel too shallow or are duds.

It's quite obvious Doc and Publick don't play videogames or know anything about that. That TF2 spoof in Episode 6 just felt poor and sloppy on so many levels and for me was the low point of the season. Don't get me started on the fact that TF2 is a repulsive monster of its former self (07-10).

This is where they should have gotten a good joker writer to fill in these gaps. If they really wanted a videogame reference in that episode, they had the perfect opportunity when Gary and The Monarch were traveling through the toxic waters. Gary could have made a reference to Half Life 2's Water Hazard chapter with the airboat. And if they really wanted Doc and Hatred to play a game, they should have found one that was not too casual, not too hipster, but one that juuuust right where you could say: "Yeah, I can see both Doc and Hatred playing this game."
>>
>>80973140
Because what good would that do? Everyone knows the original Blue Morpho is dead. They want the new guy's identity, which Kano wouldn't know.
>>
>>80973140
Probably for the same reason he wouldn't answer Brock when he asked him about how Jonas Sr. died.
>>
>>80973153
>That TF2 spoof in Episode 6 just felt poor and sloppy on so many levels and for me was the low point of the season. Don't get me started on the fact that TF2 is a repulsive monster of its former self (07-10).
They were just playing tf2. There was no element of parody involved
>>
>>80973021
>>80973038
It seemed like he, Mr. Impossible, and Fat Chance had things pretty under control if I remember right. With Fat Chance's portal I'd assume it was easy for them to get away.
>>
>>80973216
They're likely still alive.
>>
Holy FUCK it just hit me.

>Vendata mentions a plane crash after getting Samson'd
>Monarch's parents died in a plane crash
>Kano was the original Blue Morpho's sidekick
>Kano said he caused the death of a great man.
>Kano was the original Team Venture's pilot
>KANO CAUSED THE PLANE CRASH
>>
>>80971069
But would Action Man have done all that shit if Jonas wasn't force-feeding him methamphetamine?
>>
>>80973038
then by that logic, Orpheus is dead too
>>
>>80973282
>Kano said he caused the death of a great man
He meant Jonas
>>
>>80973302
Orpheus was at JJ's funeral at the burnt-down Venture compound
>>
>>80973282
...there you go. The cogs are slowly creaking forward. Work it out, Thinkenstein....
>>
>>80973316
Brock asks Kano if he killed Jonas point blank and Kano doesn't respond.
>>
>>80973316
or did he? WHAT A TWEEST!
>>
>>80973211

>They were just playing tf2. There was no element of parody involved

Yeah and it looked fucking sloppy. By playing you mean they just had the soldier stand in the middle of the bridge while the pyro attacked him from behind with no one of obviously in that server. And Hatred saying "Come on Doc we're on the same team!" I know some will come up with the lame excuse "oh they meant Team Venture!" but really it just felt rushed and poor overall.
>>
This episode seemed like it was setting up a movie ending again to me.
>>
>>80973316
That's been at least partially retconned. Brock thinks Kano killed Jonas for finding the Orb but later we discover that Kano crushed it with his bare hands instead of killing Jonas as ordered.
>>
>>80973376
>Kano crushed it with his bare hands

Well, not Kano, Sandow
>>
>>80973376
Actually, that happened to another Venture and another body guard
>>
My guess is Jonas died in an extremely embarrassing and shameful manner. Like, Bob Crane style. It seems fitting.
>>
>>80972996

Gone
>>
>>80973153
I'm guessing the TF2 thing was just a plug mandated by Adult Swim due to their agreement with Valve and was probably added in at the last minute by editors. They probably had nothing to do with it beyond "make scene of Rusty and Hatred playing vidya".
>>
>>80972995
>The sniper is probably just another cyborg.
Jesus, Boco, anon was making a joke. An obvious and frankly not very funny joke.
>>
>>80973369
There'll probably be another hour special halfway between now and the next season.

I'm curious as to if the Monarch will actually try to just outright kill the Venture clan. And if he does, if he'll be able to go through with it.

I can almost see the series finale being the last scene before credits, the monach with a gun to rusty's head, teeth grit, hand shaking. Maybe a monologue about how how long he's waited for this moment.

Gun goes off.

Credits

Rusty and Monarch are sitting.
"The hell if your actual problem with me?"
Monarch sighs, "You really don't know? Fine, I'll tell you."
And cuts to black.
>>
>>80973533
I wonder if it'll ever be revealed to Rusty and Monarch how Blue Morpho was Jonas' buddy, and that's why they were friends as kids.
>>
>>80973533
I'm strangely okay with that ending because I know how much of a cock-tease Doc and Jackson are
>>
File: 1458242444915.jpg (341KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1458242444915.jpg
341KB, 1200x1600px
How did Read Death know the Monarch was the Blue Morpho, and exactly where his Morpho Cave was?
>>
>>80973709
Traced the call?
>>
>>80973709
It's heavily implied that Red Death has been around since before the GCI was formed. He's 80+ years old and likely omniscient to some extent, much like Killinger.
>>
>>80973709
Red Death told Monarch in the park, "it is his job to know".

Red Death knew it was Monarch in the park.

Red Death is the most professional villain in the game.
>>
>>80973709
First off Monarch met Red Death earlier that day. Then that night someone on the phone demands he give up arching rights to Doctor Venture.

Now Red Death isn't stupid. If that doesn't scream the antics of the Mighty Monarch what else does?

Beyond that he keeps tabs on other guild members, obviously, and he's old enough he might have known Monarch's parents and even the Blue Morpho and the Morpho Cave. He's incredibly amiable these days, so it's possible if you didn't cross him he wouldn't use that info.

Or just knowing it was the monarch was enough and he was able to somehow sense where they were.
>>
>>80973754
>It's heavily implied that Red Death has been around since before the GCI was formed.
I don't think you know what "heavily implied" means.
>>
Red Death knows what it's like to hate someone with unquenchable passion and he's pretty alright to the Monarch, even after he fake-kidnapped his wife and kid. The Monarch could have probably just asked nicely and gotten what he wanted.
>>
Watch Monolo accidently spill the beans about the Monarch's moonlighting as Blue Morpho next season
>>
>>80973728
>>80973754
>>80973765
>>80973772
I thought these things too...but if Red Death knows, what's to stop the guild from knowing? Won't he tell them?
>>
>>80973520
Though it would be perfectly in keeping for Doc and Publick to mindscrew us. Turns out that Monarch's dad was...that sniper guy who lost the love of his life. Obviously crushed him, he became a low level Guild hanger-on with nothing to do with his life, and incidentally is an entirely unrelated Cyborg. The Blue Morpho even turns out to be entirely unrelated, turns out his parents bought the same house at one point and never even know the cave was there.

So Monarch finds out his dad is...a guild nobody. Worse than thinking he was a hero. Oh and now his new mom is a low level OSI grunt with a deep manvoice. Turns out finding manvoices sexy runs in that family

And now you know why those two nobodies merited the after credits scene.
>>
>>80973805
Maybe so, but it was implied nonetheless.
>>
>>80973815
Red Death is cool. He wanted to help the Monarch out.
>>
>>80973815
Doubtful. He's pretty respectful as long as you aren't his arching victim or you fuck with his family. He obviously understands what Monarch is going through and gave him some decent villain advice on how to let go of a hatred so pure as they have both felt. Which unfortunately means destroying the target of that hatred and his entire family.

Really Red Death is just the coolest and surprisingly understanding dude you could ever hope to meet.
>>
>>80973815
Red Death relates to Monarch's current situation. I think he's cool by him.
>>
>>80973856
No, it wasn't. You're making crap up.
>>
>>80973815
Probably doesn't care enough to. He understands The Monarch's quest for Venture blood and he even agreed to help them with hiding the evidence in return for help scratching his itch.
>>
>>80973709
traced the call?
simply put 2 and 2 together. red death researched Monarch and respected him enough to recognize him. he also had no reason to be in the park, and he knew it. Monarchs saving grace is he seemed like persona non grata. no one really cared about Monarch enough to look into him with any depth then he covered his ass a little more with the Dr Heiny arch.
>>
>>80973840
I like this. I hate it, but I like it.
>>
>>80972952
Can someone draw this but with Wes Warhammer?
>>
File: copycat.png (227KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
copycat.png
227KB, 630x354px
>>80973924
huh, I guess you're right? I could have sworn that something was mentioned but I re-skimmed the episode and turned up empty-handed. You really know your stuff. Well played, anon.
>>
>>80973993
It's keeping with their theme of failure, I suppose. Not that the failure thing is 100% guaranteed. Sometimes though it feels like they build stuff up in the show in order to tear it back down. Then you end up with Gary as the only one left at Sphinx who finally has to crawl back to the Monarch. At least he's been relatively happy this season and has still grown as a person, even if the cavalcade of murder and death is starting to bother him lately.
>>
I'm glad episode 7 wasn't the finale. The different narrations and the melodramatic shooting scene were kinda-sorta-clever but honestly not that special. The plot was neat but not really "big," so if it aired last it would've felt like they did the dramatic narrations just to make a typical episode appear vaguely finale-like.
It's better to end with a standard episode that feels like a standard episode, instead of a standard ep that would feel a tad falsely inflated.
>>
>>80974168
People are saying these last two episodes got flipped, but didn't Monarch or 21 mention Wandering Spider or whatever his name was in Red Means Stop?
>>
I have to say, upon my third rewatch, if this wasn't the finale, it'd be pretty much a 10/10. I just had much higher expectations.
>>
>>80973840
but where does that put Vendata?
>>
>>80974212
They're in the correct order.
>>
>>80974222
>if this wasn't the finale

It's not. Stop saying that.
>>
>>80974240
just a robocop parody
>>
>>80974291
I know that now. But it's the last Venture Bros we're going to get for at least another year and a half or so, so it might as well be.
>>
>>80973840
I dig it. Nothing better than a plot twist with a sense of humor that turns the whole series on its head. Most TV writers wouldn't touch that kind of joke, but I could see Doc and Jackson loving it.
And man, the Monarch's rage after he wholeheartedly accepted the Blue Morpho as a great inspiring father, only to find out they're totally unrelated... That'd be a bit sad but hilarious.
>>
The boys never died.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhZjQwHJFJY
>>
>>80974212
They're in the correct order. They wanted to flip the last two episodes around but were too far into production to make the appropriate changes.
>>
>>80973347
It would also make sense since Kano is definitely implied to have been silent since at least the time of the Rusty Venture show.
>>
>>80967894
Jesus it's just Venture Bros not Predestination.
>>
>>80974353
what did they do to dean when only hank died
>>
>>80974353
Do the boys always die together, and get replaced in pairs? When one dies does Rust kill the other so they can match?
>>
>>80974240
There's other loose ends to tie up, like young Monarch playing with Rusty.

Let's mix this up a bit. Monarch's dad is now a low level guild flunky who lost his wife to...The Blue Morpho. Joint custody so she runs with the Venture Family crowd now and brings her son along. The family home and Morpho Cave are through his mother. Well turns out during the plane ride back they crashed leaving Monarch a confused little shit who only knows his mom and "new daddy" are seemingly gone. Blue Morpho later becomes Vendata as Jonas fights to save his friend and fellow swinger. Bonus points if Rusty screwed up and is somehow responsible for the plane crash which Blue Morpho figures out during the crash which is why as Vendata he tries to kill Rusty.
>>
>>80974403
Put him in the attic
>>
>>80973815
Well Red Death did just commit Guild treason by murdering all of those villains in the Saw cave and he did promise Monarch not to tell as long as he could satisfy his bloodlust.
>>
>>80974403

>Hank:Brock?
>Brock:Yeah?
>Hank:How would you do it?
>Brock:While you're asleep, quick snap of the neck, you'd never feel a thing.
>Hank: You've thought about this before, haven't you?
>Brock:Yeah, I have.
>>
>>80974338
It'd be the ORB all over again...
>>
>>80974448
All of the Saw cave villains were already dead except for the fire guy
>>
>>80974338
Oh hell, it's like the Saw gag in the last episode. Ate up way too much episode time with various lowbrow butt jokes but mostly was there because it seemed so out of place, like a totally unrelated B Story that kept getting stranger and stranger. Were those guys trapped by someone we haven't seen before? Is this how Red Death gets his jollies between long bouts of no arching? Was it all set up by that guy with the long chain who for some reason likes to pretend to be a victim too to further screw with people?

Of course many people picked up on the 21 angle, the biggest clue being that they were villains, but for those who were suitably thrown by the growing number of red herrings and uncertainty about the Saw scenes it was a helluva mind screw.
>>
>>80972323
They have a group of villians based on 1960s artist crew and your complaining about a 5 year old movie joke.
>>
>>80972721
>>80972615
>>80972716
It's been established that The Guild snipers are all cyborgs way before Vendata was a thing.

http://teamventure.org/vbwiki/Strangers
>>
>>80974156
Failure isn't the central theme to the series. They regret ever having said that.
>>
>>80974531
>"too soon"
>>
>>80974548
That's just what they want you to think, anon. Then MINDFREAK
>>
>>80973491

That definitely could be the case. I think two weeks ago /co/ found the steam accounts and apparently the day they recorded that footage was only a few months ago.

Fuck Adult Swim.
>>
>>80974539
Where does it say that they're all cyborgs?
>>
>>80974490
good answer
>>
>>80974645
Wondering that myself. Seems like a lot of Guild "staff" for lack of a better word go cyborg, but presumably not all. At the very least you'd hope not every one of them has the same upgrades as that one guy or his attempt to show how he is recognizable is worthless.
>>
>>80974548
No one said CENTRAL theme, well, except you. The thing is however nearly all escapades end in failure because it's funnier when Doc fucks up, especially those few times when he actually did nothing wrong but circumstances make him their bitch again.

A show about everyone being successful would be boring. That doesn't mean however that people aren't allowed to be happy. Hell, that post you responded to even pointed out that even when 21's journey takes him right back to where he started from he still grew as a person. He's not the same Gary anymore, even routinely talking to the Monarch as if they're equals now and even berating him. Something Monarch of old would have murdered him for.
>>
>>80974645
Hmm, shit it doesn't say on that wiki, but that wiki is pretty barren. On the wikia VB wiki it says the strangers are all cyborgs, but there is no source provided. I still see no reason not to trust it though:

"*Strangers
Besides its vast membership of supervillains, the Guild employs its own henchmen, called "Strangers". Strangers are the main field operatives of the organization. Currently they consist of a fleet of cyborgs specially trained in espionage and assassination, who dress in black, fur-lined trench coats and wide-brimmed fedoras, much like the silhouette of the Neighborhood Watch signs. Strangers in previous eras had similar uniforms, albeit modified to fit the style of the times. It is unknown when the cybernetic enhancements were introduced. They are much more efficient and skilled than the generally comical henchmen provided by the guild for supervillains."

http://venturebrothers.wikia.com/wiki/The_Guild_of_Calamitous_Intent
>>
>>80974738
Well, 21 isn't just a simple mook anymore. He's his right hand man and is pretty much in charge of taking care of him. Gary has really gone up the ranks and his efforts haven't been undone.
>>
>>80974784
You have to remember that he was actually happy working with Sphinx and helping the Venture family. He found some kind of fulfillment there. Then everyone else abandoned him and he was forced to go back. He seemed happy at first but now the killing is getting to him.

His journey is not yet complete.
>>
>>80971241
Stupid Sexy Dean....
>>
>>80968333

>(at least there's no Hatred, though)

Hatred is one of my favorite fucking characters. I still can't believe people don't like him. He fits into the Venture family like the perfect puzzle piece. I remember in 09 he got a lot of hate since he replaced Brock, but honestly I enjoyed his company.

Anyways, how the fuck is he still injured?

But yeah you're right, it did ditch a ton of things. That entire ordeal of Dr. Girlfriend being pissed off with the Monarch and Copy Cat trying to make moves on her just vanished completely.
>>
>>80974939
I just hope it doesn't end up with him dying like it seems like it's going to.

Maybe he'll join the OSI somehow after Vatred quit, or become his own Supervillian after whatever fallout this Blue Morpho business leads to
>>
>>80974743
I believe they're getting that from the kill team Phantom Limb sent after the Ventures in order to piss with the Monarch. This is when Doc needed his limb reattached.

Those guys were like the best of the best special forces within the guild, so maybe they just extrapolated that to all Strangers. At the very least Watch and Ward, plus this sniper guy, shows that it's certainly a very potential part of the job.
>>
>>80975006
Poor Hatred. He's been even more of a butt monkey than usual this season and he doesn't even get treated like at least a vague member of their family anymore. And he still just wants to protect them.
>>
>>80975006
>I just hope it doesn't end up with him dying like it seems like it's going to.

It doesn't seem like that at all, the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>80975078
Monarch keeps having him do his dirty work and undermining Wale, he's might find out and do something about it
>>
>>80972135

>Season 4 made up 16 episodes in less then 14 months in 2009 and 2010

>Season 5 was 3 years ago in 2013 with only 9 episodes (including Halloween special in 2012) and a 'finale' 2 years late in 2015

>Season 6 was only 8 episodes again

>We might not see the last '4 episodes' until 2019

Holy what the fuck happened. I miss the days of 13 episodes per two years. And then we got 8 episodes 1-2 years each after Season 3 And yes I consider the Gargantua 2 special as the proper finale for season 5 arc.
>>
>>80975142
>Holy what the fuck happened

Adult Swim. Doc and Pub need to move to Comedy Central or something.
>>
>>80975142
you know it's based on how much AS wants.pays them and when right?
>>
>>80975168
Comedy Central doesn't want them and they'd get cancelled. That's where they original pitched Venture Bros and got turned down. CC only wants the most accessible of media.
>>
>>80970543
>Metal plate in the center of his chest

Does... that actually happen? How does he still have clearly defined pectorals with his shirt on?
>>
>>80975384
>Does... that actually happen?
He has a robot heart now. OSI used HELPER as a temporary heart until Brock went AWOL.

>How does he still have clearly defined pectorals with his shirt on?
He bends it with his surrounding chest muscles.
>>
>>80968861
Stop projecting Rusty onto them. Dean doesn't want anything to do with Super Science he just wants to be a professional reporter.
>>
>>80975461
>He has a robot heart now. OSI used HELPER as a temporary heart until Brock went AWOL.

I thought that was just Helper's head getting lodged in his chest after the car bomb, and then the crazy doctor removed it and put the plate in to cover the hole.
>>
>>80975057
>Poor Hatred. He's been even more of a butt monkey than usual this season and he doesn't even get treated like at least a vague member of their family anymore.
Dean at least wanted to bring him flowers after he got Haranguetanged
>>
>>80975168
I think Netflix would be a better home for them
>>
>>80975481
HELPeR did get lodged in him and it almost killed him. Thankfully the OSI was there to do some crazy super-science doctoring that made HELPeR basically Brock's new heart. Then Brock went AWOL and got the doctor to remove HELPeR's head. Either Brock got a new heart or some science doodad.
>>
>>80975615
I assume that was conveyed through dialog but I don't remember any of it
>>
>>80975594
I'm sure they will end up there in the end, I can totally see CN not letting them finish the series.
>>
>>80975676
Happened to Metalocalypse.
>>
File: 1458079927329.png (1MB, 4000x3547px) Image search: [Google]
1458079927329.png
1MB, 4000x3547px
>>80970422
>yfw you realize that Billy is totally the rape baby of Brainulo after this mind control.
>>
>>80975994
>his mother is some super Christian chick
>obviously wouldn't abort a mind rape rape baby
it fucking fits
>>
>>80975993

The metalocalypse finale was 100% garbage.
>>
>>80972182
He killed Hank and Dean in cold blood
>>
>>80976742
He also thought they were immortal
>>
File: 1369985998108.gif (1MB, 181x148px) Image search: [Google]
1369985998108.gif
1MB, 181x148px
>>80976729
>Doomstar Requiem
>Garbage
>>
>>80971916
Mateba is so fucking weird. The revolvers look awesome but the mechanisms are insane. They have a revolver that pretty much works like a pistol.
>>
>>80976912
What'sit called?
>>
>>80971481
Well a "triple threat" in movie terms is an actor, singer, and dancer all in one. So basically being a sort of theatrical jack of all trades.
>>
File: 1458342247997.jpg (345KB, 811x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1458342247997.jpg
345KB, 811x1080px
>>80976925
https://youtu.be/tCNIA0Toeqg

around 7;00
Thread posts: 572
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.