[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hawkman Thread!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

>What did you think of his new 52 series?
>What writer & artist would you put on him if we got another Hawkman series?
>>
File: philip-tan-hawkman.jpg (322KB, 1070x1600px) Image search: [Google]
philip-tan-hawkman.jpg
322KB, 1070x1600px
Only read the Daniel/Tan arcs.
Liked them. Tan really fit the character IMO, but was clearly struggling with the deadlines after the first 4 issues or so if you compare the quality of his rendering.
>What writer & artist would you put on him if we got another Hawkman series?
Rick Remender & Jerome Opena with Philip tan as his alternate doing 1-3 issues in between Opena doing full arcs.
>>
File: hawkman.jpg (1MB, 1825x1293px) Image search: [Google]
hawkman.jpg
1MB, 1825x1293px
>>80949471
Reis would be extremely welcome also.
>>
Whatever they do, they should put Hawks back together. It's travesty when I see them separated.
>>
>>80949404
I want Seeley/Cigar on a hawks book
>>
File: bday_17_14-15_600-cmykcorr2.jpg (854KB, 2697x2088px) Image search: [Google]
bday_17_14-15_600-cmykcorr2.jpg
854KB, 2697x2088px
>>
>>80951790
I don't think so. DC has a horrible track record with heroes working together or getting married.

I mean, look at Aquaman and Mera and how they try to separate the two with bullshit storylines. You think they won't pull the same thing with The Hawks?
>>
>>80952445
>I mean, look at Aquaman and Mera and how they try to separate the two with bullshit storylines. You think they won't pull the same thing with The Hawks?
They did not do any of those story lines during Johns run... get Johns to write this book.
>>
I know nothing about Hawkman so can a kind anon tell me about him? Who is he? Are his wings part of his body or are they tech? How does it work? Is he stronger than a normal human anf if so why and how? Is his mace special? Does he have any special powers? What's his character like? Timid? Rough? What's his background?

What makes him powerful enough to be part of the JL?
>>
>>80952485
bait
>>
File: hawkman1-4.jpg (414KB, 1200x923px) Image search: [Google]
hawkman1-4.jpg
414KB, 1200x923px
>>80952485
He is one of the more convoluted characters you will see...
The more common origin you will find is he is a space cop from the planet Thanagar.
Another is he is the reincarnation of Egyptian gods or something along those lines.

The wings use the Nth Metal which allow them to defy gravity.
In the new 52 the metal is semi sentient and morphs like a symbiote and can heal.
>>
>>80952485
Alien race called the thanagarians.
People with wings, but they rely on a special anti-gravity metal called Nth Metal for flight as well as most of their weapons (as well as being strong metal that was light, it also has powers against the supernatural like ghosts and shit)
As for Hawkman's history ... well it's a bit complicated.

If anyone has the screencap of The History of Hawkman, that'd be appreciated.
>>
>>80952485
>Who is he?
He has multiple backstories, but the core two are that he's from an alien warrior race called the Thanagarians marooned on earth or that he's the reincarnation of a Thanagarian able to use their weapons.

>Are his wings part of his body or are they tech?
Once again, depends on which Hawkman you're getting. However, they're retractable into his body or are a harness most of the time.

>How does it work?
Don't think too hard about it.

>Is he stronger than a normal human?
Very much so. He's a flying wrecking ball with that Nth Metal mace of his so picture him as a Wolverine who smashes instead of slashes and can fly. He even has a healing factor like Wolverine, just not as powerful.

>and if so why and how?
Superior Thanagarian physiology or his suit makes him stronger.

>Is his mace special? Does he have any special powers?
His mace is made of Nth Metal, which not only is super dense, but also can negate magic. He could bitch slap anything magical from unicorns to deities.

>What's his character like? Timid? Rough? What's his background?
On his own, he usually carries the tough, loner attitude. However, when Hawkwoman is involved, he's usually all about they're meant to be together because when they die, they reincarnate and they're always lovers in each life. It can get a bit much at times.

>What makes him powerful enough to be part of the JL?
His debut issue had him knock out a dinosaur with a swing of his energy mace. That's JL Membership right there.
>>
>>80952445
I more thought of New 52 Hawkman not having Hawkgirl/woman and Earth 2 Hawkgirl not having Hawkman. Hack jobs all around.
>>
>>80949404
>not quitting comics as soon as you read the last pages of Flashpoint #5
>>
>>80949404
Kurt Busiek and Patch Zircher.
>>
>>80952485
>What's his character like? Timid? Rough?
He'll beat the fuck out of you with a mace or some other archaic weapon he finds fun, then after he goes home to his museum and washes the blood off he'll listen to an opera and write poetry

I fucking love Hawkman
>>
File: 1378789607518.jpg (135KB, 503x423px) Image search: [Google]
1378789607518.jpg
135KB, 503x423px
>>80953355
suit hawkman best hawkman
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.