[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BvS Producer Talks Possibility of WB Making R-rated DC Movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

>"At the moment, my understanding is we are still releasing Suicide Squad as a PG-13, so there hasn’t been to my mind a serious conversation about doing anything other than that. I understand why Deadpool was released as an R-rated film, and I think that the DC Justice League characters, particularly because so many of them are so iconographic, have been around for so long and for so many generations that have grown up with them, and that are still growing up with them, I think we want to present them, when we finally present them, to the broadest possible audience that we can. I think that’s why we’ve planned on making these movies PG-13. I’m not seeing any real reason to change. We’ve made some pretty edgy films that are rated PG-13. You never want to say “never” because we all evolve, but right now I think we’re staying that course."

>"There’s a group we’re maybe kicking around the idea of it [R-rated adaptation]. We haven’t actually yet fully put it into development so I can’t really talk about it, I’m sorry. But at present, for the time being, we’re headed down this course."
So /co/, what group do you think he's talking about?
>>
>>80933283
They've already hired the writer of WW to write a Lobo movie. Go figure.
>>
Tiny Titans
>>
>>80933283
honestly the main justice league shouldn't be R-rated. even an R-rated Batman movie I think would be too much. something like Suicide Squad should have been R-rated but it's too little too late for that.

anyway the reason why Deadpool succeeded wasn't because of the R-rating. it would have absolutely made more money as a pg-13 movie after all. it was successful because they made something that felt fresh in an over-saturated bubble of comic movies.
>>
>>80933333
>>
>>80933337
Not a group though unless they just generally do a R rated cosmic movie I guess. Lobo was in L.E.G.I.O.N. for a while.
>>
>>80933283
>We’ve made some pretty edgy films
ayy lmao
>>
I think the rating system should be overhauled into 2 categories
babies, and everyone else
that's all
>>
>>80933423
t. Indiean
>>
>>80933337
>It doesn't sound like they're completely ruling it out then, and when the site put it to Roven that a movie like Lobo could fit that R-Rated bill, he remained coy and wouldn't give away any specifics.

>"I am a fan of other DC characters that I’m not producing those films. Right now my focus on the DC Universe is the DC Justice League Universe, and the DC Justice League Universe is the DC Justice League heroes and the DC Justice League villains. So I have not really focused yet on finding a character. There’s a group we’re maybe kicking around the idea of it. We haven’t actually yet fully put it into development so I can’t really talk about it, I’m sorry. But at present, for the time being, we’re headed down this course."
He's talking about something other than Lobo, a group.
>>
>group
AUTHORITY NIGGA

That or JLD
>>
Isn't this what Gunn said? That they will not take the right things from Memepool.
>>
>>80933471
I would cum buckets if we'd get an Authority/Stormwatch movie.
>>
Which producer?
>>
>>80933472
No? They're talking about something specifically where it would be appropriate not throwing in R rated stuff just because Deadpool made money
>>
People actually like Lobo!? He's an insufferable show-off! Not to mention a low-life thug!
>>
>>80933472
>dance off man
>>
>>80933503
Charles Roven

http://collider.com/suicide-squad-rating-dc-movies/
>>
Dark Universe please

Constantine works best in an R-rated universe
>>
>>80933423

I think part of the problem is that movies that are made to be "all-ages" friend explicitly try to be aimed at kids and be childish. You can make a clean movie that doesn't have a lot of violence or threat that can be effective for adults too.
>>
>>80933517
Memepool wasn't successful just because it was R rated is the point. These idiots are now actively looking for something R rated.
>>
>>80933588

I want Suicide Squad to do well because it seems to be using more parts of the magical shit in the DCU, and it'd be cool to use that as a springboard to launch into the Dark universe.
>>
>>80933619
>These idiots are now actively looking for something R rated.

I don't really see why you're reading that into this. There's nothing that suggests motivation.
>>
>Justice League Dark
>The Authority

What other DC groups would fit the R rating?
>>
File: Darkseid_Is.jpg (532KB, 1728x734px) Image search: [Google]
Darkseid_Is.jpg
532KB, 1728x734px
Terrio's comment about making Justice League, a film with Darkseid as the main villain, more lighthearted than MoS and BvS, worried me (if they can only do so much dark content I'd rather they had reversed that and skimped on it in BvS). Hopefully this is indication that they're not chickening out of making films with more mature content in an effort to get those Marvelbucks. Deadpool has demonstrated that its possible to make a successful superhero film without needing to tone things down to make the film more accessible to a family market.
>>
File: 1412014879761.png (1MB, 812x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1412014879761.png
1MB, 812x1200px
>>80933732
Man of Murder - Director's Cut
>>
>>80933739
I kinda assumed it meant more along the lines of the heroes are clearly heroes as opposed to blurred line where they fight or are held responsible for damages
>>
File: 1457556247394.jpg (133KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1457556247394.jpg
133KB, 960x960px
Screw R, go for the NC-17.
>>
>>80933283
>"There’s a group we’re maybe kicking around the idea of it [R-rated adaptation]. We haven’t actually yet fully put it into development so I can’t really talk about it, I’m sorry. But at present, for the time being, we’re headed down this course."

Justice League Dark. There are still people pushing for it to happen.

It's not gonna happen.
>>
File: you just know.jpg (334KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
you just know.jpg
334KB, 2048x2048px
>>80934328
>>
>>80935126
Del Toro is free from PR2, he could do DU again
>>
>>80933423
Italy only has three categories. One is for religious-themed movies, one is for non-religious themed movies with hardcore sex in them, and one is for everything else.

Do you want to be like Italy? Because you're gonna be if Trump gets in.
Enjoy paying the mob to only rape your daughter a little bit instead of a lot.
>>
>>80933739
Allegedly the production title for JL1 is Caveman so we're getting Vandal not Darkseid.
>>
>>80935164
He's got literally 30 projects stacked. He doesn't have to do JLD just because it's in the stack and he has a free spot, and in any case it's not about him being free - it's whether the people he wants to work with are free and the funding is there at a level he's willing to work with.
>>
>>80933519
bastich krollo
>>
>>80935214
>>80933739

You're not getting any Darkseid you'd recognize if you get one at all.

It's going to be a cloud of shit from space, a fakeout actor playing a stereotype, or something like that. Big purple guys trying to take over the world is pretty much the worst way they could go - it makes them look like amateurs copying the better studios.
>>
>>80935325
Is this pasta?
Because I feel like this is pasta at this point since I see that
>cloud of shit from space
every time someone mentions Darkseid.
>>
>>80933283
> Ctrl+F
> No Doom Patrol

For shame, /co/
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.