[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daredevil season 2 discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 550
Thread images: 65

Rate Jon Bernthal's portrayal of Frank Castle
>>
Frank/10
>>
File: deborah-ann-woll-6298.jpg (160KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
deborah-ann-woll-6298.jpg
160KB, 1600x1000px
Rate how hard you would wife Karen
>>
>>80920501
She's meh and you know it
>>
>>80920475
Faithfulness: 7/10
Entertainment value: 8/10

Most of it is on the writing, not the actor.
>>
>>80920475
8/10. The most faithful portrayal of Frank ever in on screen.
>>
File: 20160320_223342.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160320_223342.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Does this make Elektra being impaled by her own sai a meme?
>>
>>80920516
>Faithfulness
Not Frank/10

>Entertainment Value
Not Frank/10

You motherfranker
>>
File: Daredevil-typing.jpg (63KB, 500x534px) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil-typing.jpg
63KB, 500x534px
Just finished Season 2. Overall it was as good as the first season. My only problem was how they split up both The Punisher's and Elektra's storyline which to me made it feel like it was too unfocused.

I felt making Nobu as the final boss for the Hand felt lazy and the Colonel who testified that Frank was a good man as the main antagonist for Frank was kind of weird. Wouldn't he be happy Frank spent the rest of his days in prison or in an insane asylum? I guess they are either saving up the Gnucci Family and Punisher's rogues gallery for his spin off series.

Does this mean that Black Skies are supposed to be The Hand's top agents? Because Elektra's tomb thing at the end had different character than what I think is supposed to be Nobu's tomb
>>
>>80920621
This meme never gets old :^)
>>
>>80920621
>implying
the only room for complaint about Frank was his hair and that he hadn't started wearing the skull yet despite implied Olivier influence
>>
I still don't know what that huge hole was for
>>
>>80920667
It was Frank anon. I didn't Frank about anything.
>>
>>80920620
Or just the iconic way the character canonically dies?
>>
>>80920667
He also had a pretty different personality from most comics I've read with him.
But close enough for a 7/10
>>
>>80920696
in terms of personality, the only difference I can think of is that comic Frank has way more explosive outburst, while MCU Frank was much more guarded except when he had a point to prove
>>
>>80920686
Okay i know its kinda dumb to argue against the way she dies canonically. Just after reading it in the comics, then seeing it happen in Affleck Devil, then watching the rooftop fight scene i was thinking "shes probably gonna get skewered by her sai", for me it seemed to predictable especially since it was an event that people already saw on the big screen
>>
File: 1458381622201.gif (879KB, 245x230px) Image search: [Google]
1458381622201.gif
879KB, 245x230px
>none of the shit that happens in hell's kitchen will be mentioned by any character in civil war
>most of them are actually pretty damn good arguments for pro and anti registrarion

it's getting ludicrous by now.
>>
>>80920718
Eh, his whole interaction with Karen didn't feel like him to me, nor did most of those he had with Daredevil, notably the one where he pushes him to kill. I didn't think he really spoke like Frank would either, more doubting of himself, less ominous.
But again, I'm a bit casual when it comes to Punisher.
>>
>>80920759
most of his scenes with Daredevil were lifted from comics
>>
>>80920744
>tfw we'll only get slight nods to JJ and iron fist with a single crossover episode in the next season of JJ and maybe one agents of shield easter egg
The only thing im looking forward to in the next few years is spidey's appearance in civil war and gotg2
>>
>>80920744
>Agents of SHIELD are supposed to round up potential Inhumans
>Not investigating Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Kilgrave and Matt because of their supposed powers

for a supposed spy agency, they sure are shit at investigating what is almost under their nose.
>>
So Matt pretty much broke his moral code during the last episode. Are we going to see a different daredevil that is okay with others around him killing?
>>
>>80920501
Her and Elektra are 10/10 waifus.

How can the rest of the MCU and Arrowverse even compare?
>>
>>80920501
Actress is really cute, and she's pretty cool in the show.
But since I know what will happen: NO
>>
>>80920799
Wasp tho
>>
>>80920799
>Elektra

No
>>
>>80920759
Fair, that's in character with Older versions of the character. His first ongoing had in "retire" by the end of the third issue.
>>
>>80920795
>Are we going to see a different daredevil that is okay with others around him killing?

I think so. He already asked Frank to help him kill
>>
>>80920744
>most of them are actually pretty damn good arguments for pro and anti registrarion
Meh. From what we know this whole registration business is unclear, is it solely legating on the Avengers? Is it legating on superpowered people (half of the Avengers or the people we see do shit in most movies don't have superpowers)?
Most of what happens in DD isn't superpowered. DD is superpowered, slightly. Kingpin is just a criminal being a criminal, Nobu is revived by mystical tech, not anyone superpowered, Frank is only powered by plot armor, and Elektra I guess is supposed to be superpowered by mysticism? Except it's not really evident how that makes her a better fighter or anything.
Most of it is just criminals being criminals, which is illegal already.

The registration concept seems stupid, whether they acknowledge the MCU at large or not.
>>
>>80920799
>Mortal Kombat
>10/10 waifu
>>
>>80920784
I liked how they just namedropped JJ once and went "well job done, here you have it: it's connected".
>>
>>80920795

Ninjas don't count. Particularity undead ninjas who have cheated death once.
>>
Ok one episodes worth of Elektrapalooza and I'm already about to put my fist threw the screen, how many episodes until someone puts a sai through her annoying adrenaline junky sternum, please dear god tell me she dies...
>>
>>80920846
Also forgettable lesbo lawyer picking up foggy for her agency at the end. Genuinely didnt think it felt all that forced given the events of JJ, but im confused as to whether that happens before or after shit hits the fan in jj...any idea /co/?
>>
File: felicity.gif (869KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
felicity.gif
869KB, 500x250px
>>80920799
>How can the rest of the MCU and Arrowverse even compare?
>>
>>80920794

They can't even use the "they stay in the shadows" cards anymore, every major event from both JJ and Daredevil hit the spotlight, it got ridiculous that there was a nod to ant-man on AoS S3EP1 but not a single mention to the fucking devil of hell's kitchen.

Now the whole punisher trial, it could be used as one of the big triggers for the whole civil war plot.

I understand Shield having no intel on matt, the first season happened before the events of DD, and they straight up said that they didn't know of any enhanced human with extra sensorial senses, the dialog itself was an easter egg to Daredevil at the time.

But now? Damn, they're just bad at their job by now. This, or hell's kitchen is NY's Brazil and nobody cares about that shithole.

They at least should know about luke cage.
>>
>>80920922
I haven't gotten around to watch Jessica Jones. Were her, Luke Cage and Kilgrave's powers outed in public?
>>
>>80920671
The prevailing theories are that they unearthed The Urn there, or it was something to do with the release of Black Sky
>>
>>80920880
After.
>>
>>80920947
A couple drunks tried to put a glass bottle inside luke, but he played it off that they were drunk and seeing things, and killgrave to a certain extent was outed, but most didn't believe it, except first hand accounts.
>>
>>80920825

As far as I know, the registration act is regarding every vigilante, which has become a buzzword for anyone doing justice by their own hands in the MCU by now, regardless of being super powered or not.

It's not like captain america, falcon, black widow and hawkeye are that far from jessica jones, daredevil and luke cage in terms of power on the mcu. All of those avengers should have to registrate.

From what I understand, is more about who's answering to who, and who's paying the bill when someone who decides to be the hero fuck things up, and less to do with being super powered.
>>
>>80920922
>Now the whole punisher trial, it could be used as one of the big triggers for the whole civil war plot.
How? He's not superpowered, he's not helped by anybody, he doesn't intervene in foreign countries he's illegally being a vigilante, which is already illegal and gets punished by the legal system without the Sokovia accords.
I don't fucking get it.
>>
>>80920782
The prison episodes also felt reminiscent of Punisher stories like "The Cell" or "Circle of Blood".
>>
>>80920969
>As far as I know, the registration act is regarding every vigilante, which has become a buzzword for anyone doing justice by their own hands
But that's already illegal, as shown in both seasons of DD.

Only the Avengers got a pass before because reasons unclear (once the Shield was dead)
>>
10/10 Bernthal knocked it out of the park
>>
>>80920994
I think The Avengers get a free pass because most of their op are not public like the first scene in Age of Ultron. Besides BATTLE OF NEW YORK.
>>
File: Daredevil.png (1MB, 1024x1809px) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil.png
1MB, 1024x1809px
>>80920655
>My only problem was how they split up both The Punisher's and Elektra's storyline which to me made it feel like it was too unfocused.
I actually liked that it was not all based on one plot life. Sure, they didn't find the exact balance and didn't gel them exactly.

But both season 1 of JJ and DD focused too much on a single plot. JJ could have done with more PI stuff at the beginning.

I liked that it was overly ambitious. It is still the best capeshit on TV.
>>
So Iwatched both seasons of DD in the last few days but haven't gotten around to watch JJ. Is it at least 70% as good?
>>
>>80921060
Real talk i put it right between seaon 1 and 2 of daredevil.

I thought it was better than season 1 but worse than 2.
>>
>>80920971

This is... True.
I was looking at it from the point of view that he is the product from the inefficacy of the so called heroes and vigilantes.

But I totally forgot that in america anybody can pick up a gun at the local store and gun down everyone. My bad.

>>80920994

The avengers get a pass because I don't think anybody would try to put them in jail for stopping an alien invasion or a genocidal murderbot they created.
>>
>>80921060
Tennant's Purple Man is the main selling point, Jessica is portrayed alright, but other than Luke the supporting characters are...best thought of as a work in progress.
>>
loved it

That Fisk/Murdock interaction was a pleasant surprise.
>>
>>80921060
There are some really terrible supporting characters (not even supporting, just minor really) who take up too much time

Generally I felt it had enough material for about eight episodes and dragged it out to 13
>>
>>80920971
because Matt Murdock's closing argument was that people taking the law into their own hands like Frank (and by extension the Avengers post-SHIELD) is a natural consequence of an impotent government and that such people should be lauded for their bravery even if they are willfully engaging in illegal activities up to and including the murder of known felons

the case was billed as the trial of the century, and plastered across every media avenue, making such an argument a hot topic everywhere.
>>
>>80920655
This. The Hand plot was a clusterfuck and it ended up dominating the latter third of the season, leaving the Frank plot conclusion very unsatisfying.
>>
>>80920759
>nor did most of those he had with Daredevil, notably the one where he pushes him to kill.
>>
>>80921081
>>80921124
>>80921143
Sounds middling. I'll give it a watch eventually.

>>80921154
Good points.
>>
Someone remind me why Matt went after the same pier that the Punisher was after?
>>
>>80920655
As far as I could tell the tomb they put Elektra in is what they use to bring people back to life so The Hand can control them
>>
>>80921233

he got the info from the black da assistant, then used his hearing to find frank.
>>
>>80920744

The registration act is all about regulating super powered individuals.

Frank Castle is seen as little more than a nut-job with a gun and a criminal that needs to be brought in or taken down. Frank isn't an argument for or against, since pretty much any fed-up normal human with access to a gun can go out and play the roll of Punisher with varied degrees of failure and success depending on their physical fitness and combat training.
As for Daredevil, most people haven't even seen him in person.

Hell's Kitchen is also a small are of a single Burroughs of New York City.
It's barely a radar blip when you compare the events of Daredevil (Many of which are cloaked in shadow) to the events of, say, the Avengers films which almost saw the world end twice.
>>
So what is the hand after anyway? you'd think after 2 seasons of being primary antagonists we would at least get a clue or something. And was stick really so ignorant as to not know they would steal electra's corpe and revive her?
>>
>>80921279
>The registration act is all about regulating super powered individuals.

it's about regulating vigilantes, whether they are super or not.
>>
File: 1457638028923.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1457638028923.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>80921279

>The registration act is all about regulating super powered individuals.
>>
>>80921305

Was it?

Because we won't know the full story behind the MCU version until it's out, and as I recall in the comics it was a 'super human' registration act that only applied to super humans and other such extraordinary individuals, while people like Iron Fist managed to weasel out of it for a while on the grounds that martial arts aren't a super power and anyone can learn to do what they do with enough training and dedication.
>>
>>80921305
The film registration act is completely different. The act is literally called the Sokovia Accords.

I have to say the debate in this thread seems obsessed with the connectivity between movie and TV.

Let's keep street level as street level. We don't need everything to be connected. Daredevil has been great.
>>
>>80921225
Well don't take too long, aside from like everyone else said, yeah the supporting characters are weak.

But the chemistry between Tennant and Ritter is great, and Tennant has some good and fucking psychotic/spooky scene's as Kilgrave
>>
>>80921282
>So what is the hand after anyway? you'd think after 2 seasons of being primary antagonists we would at least get a clue or something. And was stick really so ignorant as to not know they would steal electra's corpe and revive her?
You mean one series. They are only mentioned in season 1 as a side plot with Nobu and the Stick returning.
>>
>>80921282
when all's said and done Hand just wants to rule the world because they think they would do a good job
>>
>>80921282
in the comics universe, The Hand worship a demon they call The Beast. I imagine the Black Sky is a potential host for The Beast, and their goal is to both give said demon a body and then do it's bidding
>>
guys why cant i watch daredevil?
i can't get past the first episode it feels so bland?
i dunno what it is but i really wanna watch the second season, can i skip the first?
>>
>>80921060
Boring plot and characters desu
>>
>>80921282
>And was stick really so ignorant as to not know they would steal electra's corpe and revive her?

More like Stick wanted it to happen. Why do you think he didn't join them on the roof to fight, and instead hung around to finish off Nobu after the fighting was done?
He wanted Nobu out of the way and Elektra planted into the organization.

All according to keikaku.
>>
>>80921403
Fuck off.
>>
>>80921403
just don't watch it
>>
>>80920922
JJ and Daredevil are pretty far removed tone-wise from the rest of the MCU which is directed at a younger audience. Its understandable that they wouldn't be too keen on bringing up the purple super-rapist whose forced people to kill themselves and others in horrible ways.

It's better to just not worry about how the Netflix series fits into greater MCU continuity, because it doesn't.
>>
>>80921233
>Someone remind me

Dude you watched that episode 1-2 days ago
>>
>>80921445
>JJ and Daredevil are pretty far removed tone-wise from the rest of the MCU which is directed at a younger audience.
Yeah, younger audience.

Like that time in Age of Ultron that the Black Widow says she was sterilized.

Or that time Tony Stark killed that guy buy uni-beaming through his chest.
>>
>>80921427
>>80921417
just don't watch season 1?
or is season 2 more of the same?
>>
File: 1358648843298.jpg (120KB, 960x718px) Image search: [Google]
1358648843298.jpg
120KB, 960x718px
Post yfw
>you like em younger? i got as young as 12!
>>
>>80921452
it was paddy's week. i was very drunk
>>
>>80921469
>hurr is a show going to become completely different between sezuns? xD
As I said, fuck off.
>>
>>80921469
Dob't watch any of it if you don't like it.

You should really give season one a chance and at least watch the first two episodes before making a judgement.
>>
File: 1458478641071s.jpg (60KB, 1067x963px) Image search: [Google]
1458478641071s.jpg
60KB, 1067x963px
>>80920475
Frank/Frank
>>
>>80921463
PG-13 bloodless violence and mention of a more mature theme does not put the greater MCU in the same ballpark as the shit that goes down in the Netflix series.
>>
I just finished this.

I didnt get the micro cd, i was expecting Frank to make a call and tell micro to be ready or something
>>
>>80921484
arrow and flash changed alot between seasons
>>80921487
i'm trying
i don't even know why but after 2 minutes i just have to pause
no other show has done that to me before
>>
>>80921490
This.
The prison scene alone would cause an R rating to be slapped on DD.
>>
File: deborah.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
deborah.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>80920501
11/10
>>
>>80921445
Not really an excuse.

>Gee there is intel that there is a dude in New York who can use mind control and likes the color purple
>No we must fight teh HYDRA because they are the enemy
>We also must save Mut- I mean Inhumans because of the fish oil
>>
>>80921512
Then you clearly don't have an attention span. So don't bother watching it.

It is the best capeshit out there. If you don't like it, there is no harm in that.
>>
>>80921505
>I didnt get the micro cd, i was expecting Frank to make a call and tell micro to be ready or something

Probably open ended foreshadowing.

If they can get a Punisher series going on Netflix, they can use it there.
If they can't, they can still use it in Daredevil Season 3 if the plot needs it.
And if it doesn't? They can just forget about it.
>>
>>80921535
why did frank have to get stuck in this show
will he ever get his own show?

think im just gonna skip to s2 and hop frank will make it decent
>>
>>80920912

Felicity has honestly become fucking insufferable the longer the series carries on.
Every season sees her turning more and more into a Mary Sue.
>>
File: 1430043607782.jpg (104KB, 740x740px) Image search: [Google]
1430043607782.jpg
104KB, 740x740px
>>80921555
>skipping season 1
>>
>>80920475
Frank is 35/10

Karen is 5/10 purely because I find her annoying now. Maybe because she got shat on so much and is like a scared rabbit now.

Matt is my-way-is-right-and-yours-is-wrong/10. I found him really annoying in this season especially how his relationships were ping ponging all over the place. Seriously does he want to fuck Karen or Elektra? I think after that bondage scene he wants to get fucked by Frank.

Elektra is sharingan/10 holy shit why would they do that? Also she was majorly cuntish through the whole season and I didn't feel bad for her at all. In fact anyone feeling bad for her felt so forced.

Stick is godmode/10 despite being portrayed as an asshole he genuinely cared for his students.

Foggy is alphaasfuck/10 holy shit why does that blonde slut want his dick so badly?
>>
File: 1368188404045.png (302KB, 363x321px) Image search: [Google]
1368188404045.png
302KB, 363x321px
>it's a matt and karen have zero chemistry together episode
>>
File: 1341649229232s.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1341649229232s.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>>80921555

>Skipping season one
>>
>>80921613
>why does that blonde slut want his dick so badly?
because she is a woman of taste
>>
>>80920501
She's so pretty. That's some top tier casting right there. I just finished Ep 4. That speech from Castle though. It's like Stallone's speech in First Blood Part 1.
>>
>>80921555
Frank actually serves really well being in this show. As a character, introducing him on his own is difficult.
>>
File: tumblr_lrty9kWKWu1r2g7mto1_400.jpg (47KB, 345x311px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lrty9kWKWu1r2g7mto1_400.jpg
47KB, 345x311px
>>80921475
I knew the guy was going to say SOMETHING so I spent the whole scene waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Nigga got Franked.
>>
>>80921630
dunno how you can watch it senpai
i have to pause it constantly because its so boring and bland
>>
>>80921358
Yeah. The MCU is too small for a SRA, so it will centre around something different.
>>
How are you going to zoom in on a mini gun AND have endless waves of ninjas in the same show, and not utilize them together

Otherwise awesome Punisher
>>
>>80921692
That end scene was pretty disappointing.

Matt was all like "there are numbers beyond counting" and it turns out there are like 12 guys.
>>
One batch, two batch... penny and dime...
>>
>>80921060
If you enjoy a show all about belittling and emasculating white males then yea watch it.
>>
>>80921710
When they entered the roof there was like 30 ninjas.
Then there wasn't
>>
>>80921710
I don't get why Frank just decided to show up. Wouldn't there be some more serious or normal crime that would be up his alley rather than a bunch of ninjas on the rooftop?
>>
File: This is Bait.png (481KB, 400x588px) Image search: [Google]
This is Bait.png
481KB, 400x588px
>>80921731
>a show all about belittling and emasculating white males
>>
>>80921731

>if a show doesn't have a single heroic white male that means it's anti white men

That argument doesn't work any better then people who claim shows that have black villains are racist. It's not a shows' job to make every member of its audience feel empowered or good.
>>
>>80921403
baithoven
>>
>>80921903
while I dont necessarily agree with him I would point out that JJ didnt have a white guy who wasnt evil or at least weak.
>>
>>80921938
What about Killgrave's dad?
>>
File: fake tears.gif (1MB, 245x220px) Image search: [Google]
fake tears.gif
1MB, 245x220px
>>80920870
>Ok one episodes worth of Elektrapalooza and I'm already about to put my fist threw the screen
>>
>>80921938

So? Who gives a shit? Why does that matter? Does the lack of a heroic white man make it inherently anti-white male, because that doesn't track and never has.

It's not like the women came out great either. We had a lesbian couple that consisted of a sociopath and a depressed wreck on a revenge spiral, and a main character who was a high-functioning alcoholic ball of rage.

The only characters who came out as unambiguously good people where Luke, Patsy and Malcolm.
>>
File: fucked up.jpg (48KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
fucked up.jpg
48KB, 500x341px
>>80921475
>>
>>80921832
>I don't get why Frank just decided to show up. Wouldn't there be some more serious or normal crime that would be up his alley rather than a bunch of ninjas on the rooftop?
He heard it on the police band radio.
>>
>>80920478
/thread
>>
>>80921938
Daredevil didn't have an Asian character that wasn't evil, you don't hear me complaining because I'm not an autist
>>
>>80921938
>while I dont necessarily agree with him I would point out that JJ didnt have a white guy who wasnt evil or at least weak.

And?

Nearly every other show will have a white guy as the protagonist. Most casts default to having more men than women.

Are you gonna complain when Luke Cage has more black people than white in its cast?
>>
>>80922015
I know, I guess it was too nitpicky but then again that couldn't have been the only crime that happened that night.
>>
>>80922141
>that couldn't have been the only crime that happened that night
Shit loads of hostages, loads of police and weird cult like people dressed like ninjas.

He would have gone to it.
>>
>>80922141
"Officers down" was probably the only thing he needed to hear. Screw the burning orphanage two blocks away.

But seriously they shot the old war vet. His Frank senses were franking.
>>
>>80920718
I only ever read punisher in comics when he crossover. But this one seemed more liberal than comic frank. Like comics would have quietly walked into the hospital room and shot the guy point blank rather than randomly shooting in the hospital.
>>
3/10

I know you guys are just happy it exists, and some of you are just Marvel shills, but he wasn't that good.
>>
>>80922437

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDYiDrnQQlk
>>
>>80921475
POSIES
>>
>>80921613
Because foggy doesn't spend time worshiping her tits and actually helped her out in S1.
>>
>>80922437
>implying they didn't do Frank faithfully.
>>
>>80920501
I'd wife her so hard I got too pissed at Matt for choosing Elektra over her, literally stopped the episode, left the room and came back the next day, it's like some teenage shit.

Seriously I can understand that the Elektra pussy is god-tier, possibly even after all these years, but still, man, come on.
>>
This no killing garbage is seriously starting to be my biggest gripe.

You DO NOT have to kill thugs for simply obeying orders if it pains you so much.

So many fucking horseshit could've been avoided if Murdock killed the big shots.

Just like Red Hood said "I am not asking you to kill the Penguin or Poison Ivy, BUT HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LIVE" regarding Joker.
>>
>>80922692
>why won't this devout Catholic kill people?!
>>
>>80922692
Well Red Hood got "killed" by the Joker, he's not exactly unbiased.
>>
>>80920740
>Uncle Ben dying is a meme

>Krypton being destroyed is a meme

>Canon is a meme
>>
>>80920969
>vigilante, which has become a buzzword for anyone doing justice by their own hands

Fucking shit /co/

THAT'S NOT A BUZZWORD IT'S THE LITERAL DEFINITION OF THE TERM VIGILANTE
>>
File: crusades.jpg (69KB, 610x374px) Image search: [Google]
crusades.jpg
69KB, 610x374px
>>80922964
>>
>>80922692
Many that live deserve death. And some that died deserve life. Can you give it to them, Anon? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment.
>>
>it's a "Matt tries to threaten Fisk, but Fisk BTFOs him instead'' episode
>>
>>80921403
First like 5 episodes of both series are GOAT, after that they go downhill very quickly until the last 15 minutes of each season.
>>
>>80921613
I guess Matt with his ping ponging relationships and ideologies is a direct reference to how he is a fucking vigilante-lawyer. He is a walking contradiction in more things than superhero stuff.

I guess this season is about how Daredevil is not Batman and Spider-man, he kills. Even though Nobu did not die, Matt had full intentions.

Basically, Marvel cucked us from Bullseye and all we have is fucking Nobu. Bravo.
>>
>>80921555
I swear to god Frank memesters are the worst. Get the fuck out Ennis.
>>
File: cee lo.gif (1MB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
cee lo.gif
1MB, 500x283px
>>80921475
>>
>>80920947
>>80920968
There should certainly be enough witnesses of Kilgrave's powers by the end of the season to publicly validate JJ's claims.
>>
Will we get Bullseye and the Owl next season?
>>
>>80923267
No next season is Stiltman
>>
I typed in Daredevil season 2 in the google and learned there are queers that didnt like season 2.
>>
>>80920655
I think the main problem with the season was that, while the stuff with Elektra and The Hand was good... the stuff with Frank was SO much better that everything else felt like an annoying distraction as a result. And as a result instead of enjoying all that material, you find yourself saying "when are they gonna get back to Frank?"
>>
On ep7 now..holding out hope that if Castle gets sent to prison he shares a scene or two with a certain other character that's currently incarcerated
>>
File: smile.gif (2MB, 322x179px) Image search: [Google]
smile.gif
2MB, 322x179px
>>80921475

"it's habbening"
>>
The most glaring flaw of S2 is the lack of Based Leland of course
>>
>>80923495
Anon you are in for a wild ride, leave this thread now
>>
>>80921710

I don't know why this is so funny.

But I liked the season, for the most part.
That scene with Frank telling Karen about the song felt super out of place, but I guess Chekov's guns are rarely not hamfisted.
>>
Just finished it.

First 8 episodes were fucking excellent. Show improved practically everything from the last season, even Karen Page bits became interesting. It's not that later episodes are bad, hell, Kingpin in prison and his meeting with Murdock was absolutely spot on although, Karen's drug addiction is out of question at this point when they will do Born Again. Fisk doesn't even need to know he is Daredevil to make his life living hell.

But then there are these things that keep bothering me. Like, why did they send Frank to prison? Nelson was playing "he is crazy" card this whole time. Doc has stated that people in his condition will go on with whatever crazy ideas their ill heads come up with to the very end, because they think it is right. Frank's tantrum followed that diagnose.

And I can go on forever about Black Sky. So, Stick killed a nigger and betrayed Chaste for a child he knows is pure evil inside, this child is supposed to lead the Hand, but fucking why? The fuck's Black Sky? Is it different name for Snakearoot? I am sorry, but raising stakes this fucking high with zero explanation is fucking insulting.

And then Nobu fucking ends up our Bullseye? Fucking Nobu? Where's muh rape-murder implications? Elektra is supposed to die in worst way possible by the worst person possible.

This season does some things more right than season 1, but when it does something bad it's much much worse. Say what you will about first season, but by the ending I didn't feel rather underwhelmed except for Ben Urich bullshit, holy shit, that guy did fuck all in season 1.
>>
>>80923076
That's retarded, anon. I can't believe you could post something that stupid with a straight face.
>>
>>80923585
Oh boy oh boy I didn't even think he'd be in this season

Thanks for the heads up famalam
>>
Holy fuck, Charlie Cox's English accent constantly seeping through his voice every time he got emotional was annoying. It's hard to see him as this devout New Yorker when he has the same goddamn accent as me.
>>
>>80923682
Cheeky cunts mentioned "very special guest star" only after episode ended, not in the opening.
>>
>>80923739
Fucking brill
>>
>>80923733
Are you looking forward to British Danny Rand now?
>>
>>80921099
>No one will put them in jail for stopping a genocidal robot that they created
>a genocidal robot that they created
>THAT THEY CREATED
>>
I wanted to see more episodes with Punisher in court, they were awesome.
>>
>>80923851
Why are Americans so obsessed with casting Brits and Aussies for everything anyway?
>>
What was the deal with black nurse? those scenes were pointless
>>
>>80923899
She's a main character in Luke Cage series.
>>
>>80921638
That speech made me tear eyed, no homo.

Based Bernthal.
>>
>>80923851
Depends on how his american accent is, I mean Hugh Laury and Henry Cavil are pretty damn good at hiding their English accents.
>>
File: 1352909751405.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1352909751405.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
>>80921475
>>
>>80921576
>>80921630
Based on everything I saw on this season that wasn't Frank related and what I watched of the first episode of Season 1 on accident because Netflex likes to redirect me to Season 1 after clicking Season 2, I'm standing by my decision.
>>
What does Punisher call Daredevil in the comics? Is it Red?
>>
>>80923893
Because Brits are just better actors. I mean theater and acting in general is just taken much more seriously over there.
>>
>>80923893
I don't know, but it's getting annoying

>Batman
>Superman
>Wolverine
>Daredevil
>Iron Fist
>Spider-Man twice
>>
What does Luke Cage do other than be black guy?
>>
>>80923851
I am looking forward to homo Danny Rand.
>>
>>80924034
What does Iron Fist do besides being a white guy?

Sorry people with melanin trigger you so much
>>
>>80924034
His skin is impenetrable. And he has above average strength.
>>
File: 4018306-finn+cooley.jpg (123KB, 512x640px) Image search: [Google]
4018306-finn+cooley.jpg
123KB, 512x640px
Haven't seen many comments about Mr. Finn.
Possible setup for spin-off?
>>
>>80923402
>not Lady Stiltman
>>
File: 1349931371134.png (660KB, 638x462px) Image search: [Google]
1349931371134.png
660KB, 638x462px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDYiDrnQQlk
>>
>>80924009
Don't forget:
>Professor Xavier twice
>Heimdall
>Beast
>Kick-ass
>Quicksilver
>Constantine
>The Thing
>Doctor Strange
>Purple Man
>Loki
>Rip Hunter
>Heatstorm
>Heatwave
>Captain Cold
>plenty other shit
That's not even counting Aussies like Thor and Joker.
>>
>>80923058
The things they killed were not people desu senpai
>>
>>80924409
>Heatwave
>Captain Cold

I also don't mind Professor X as much since both Patrick Stewart and James McAvoy are great actors and don't put on phony accents.
>>
>>80923077
That whole scene was filled with ill intent
>>
>>80920795
Shadowland incoming
>>
>>80924282
Frank/10, can't wait for his internal monologues during his series to be on this level as he's tearing down mobsters and gang bangers.
>>
File: foom091124-6.jpg (893KB, 1000x1528px) Image search: [Google]
foom091124-6.jpg
893KB, 1000x1528px
>>80920795
Well, it's writers' fault that they decided to drag him through "no kill" meme. Daredevil was never above killing and last episode was our fucking #181.

But fuck, whenever "Nelson and Murdock are over" it always means that demon shit is coming.
>>
>>80925067
I'm really mad that they substituted Nobu for Bullseye.
>>
Pleb here

Was Blacksmith the colonel? Or what was the deal with one of his men being on the boat explosion and him suddenly being evil and trying to take out Karen?
>>
>>80922692
>muh antiheroes
>>
>>80925129
I have no earthly idea. I think that's what they're implying?

They left his story unfinished, I guess, to continue on down the line. That's my only explanation
>>
>>80925129
I don't think he was necessarily him, he and his crew where most likely just enforcers for him.
>>
Thoroughly enjoyed the season and I'm actually pretty jazzed about a Frank Franks the MCU series.

As for the series itself, I actually think the compartmentalized nature of the season worked to its advantage, drawing me right into a story and leaving me interested in the next one. The Hand and Elektra stuff wasn't as captivating as Frank, though. And nothing beats Fisk. Seriously, every moment he was on screen I realized how much I missed his intensity. D'onofrio has committed to the role and I fucking love it.
>>
>>80925123
Gotta have something for the third series.
>>
so why did they depower stick between seasons?
he pretty much explicitly admits matt has better powers than him, implying he can't hear heart beats himself and the way he navigated the world was different too, he was much more handsy relying on feeling his way across the room in mats apartment instead of just moving around freely
>>
File: did you catch that.gif (2MB, 250x173px) Image search: [Google]
did you catch that.gif
2MB, 250x173px
>mfw Frank used Karen as a bait.

Top Frank.
>>
>>80925349
I don't know much about Punisher but I had a feeling that scene was starting to get pretty OOC for him?

Then shit went down. Based.
>>
>>80925129
>>80925215
>>80925286
He is most definitely the Blacksmith. They will probably elaborate on it in Frank's show if they'll ever get down with doing it.

My guess, Frank either didn't want to believe colonel was him or was saving him for the last. Or he realized it altogether when he saw the one with burned face with his enforcers.
>>
>>80925349
FRANK ME UP INSIDE
>>
>>80920475
he sounded too soft, like a man that shows his pain instead of frank we see in comics. it was not even a case of him opening up, he just looks like a ptsded vet,all the time. I know they are kind of doing his origin but I would expect him to be even more extreme at first
>Frank Castle
side note: is frank in this a pedo? his wife and male kid get like 2 lines about them while his little girl gets a full description including her yoga poses
>>
>>80925567
What do you think he did with child porn store owner was shilling him?
>>
>>80924409
Are you really complaining that Constantine is British?
>>
>>80920794
Matt I'd imagine wouldn't call their attention, since to an observer he's just a very agile fighter.

But the indestructible guy, the super strong girl, and the mind-control psycho have no excuse not being noticed by SHIELD, considering they keep files on such notable people as "Woman who put razors on her fingertips".
>>
>>80925425
Frank's character depends a lot on who's writing him, desu. Though this version was very rooted in Ennis' two big runs, he isn't as unhinged or as not-giving-a-fuck as he was in MAX.

Though his talk with Karen in that scene reminded me of that story he tells of the guy who went to see him after his family got murdered and nonchalantly told him he'd dumped his wife, and tells Micro something like "I'd given anythign to get my wife back and this asshole just threw away his?" Not sure if that's what they were riffing on. But he was also stalling, luring the fuckers into sight.
>>
>>80922692
I think it would be better if he had a "whatever happens happens" rule. he does not have to actively kill anyone but if some die or need to die for his own safety than he should do it. murdocks speech was semi logical but I don't think he is really giving anyone hope since I don't think anyone will make different choices when only change in their socioeconomic situation is broken bones,disability,constant pain and hospital bills.
>>80923058
the priest has not given him the green light
>>
>>80925546
(CAN'T FRANK UP)
>>
>>80925567
frank cucked us
>mini gun
>itchy trigger finger
>suit up
>ninjas barricaded behind a door
>door wont hold them for long
>battle happens
>frank only pops off 4 shots from far away
>no mini gun
>door does in fact succeed in holding ninjas for long enough
>not sure why they didnt just climb up the outside of the building or something anyway
>>
>frank franks over 30 hostiles on his own and when they find him he's just standing there grinning
>mfw
>>
>>80925607
I couldn't tell is the store owner was trying to sell Frank child porn or offering him a child prostitute.
>>
>>80925607
destroyed it. I think it shows that he is repressing that side of him but it still there. you know like pedos that don't touch kids
>>
>>80925756
The latter
>>
>>80925756
video. he even had the VHS tapes in his hand.
>>80920501
I hated her since guardian devil
>>
File: 1416880747416.jpg (16KB, 403x312px) Image search: [Google]
1416880747416.jpg
16KB, 403x312px
post yfw Kingpin blew Matt the FUCK out

also, will he go by Kingpin now that the name Fisk is tainted? or will that prison dialogue be the only cocktease
>>
>>80925771
is it wrong to find young girls attractive as long as you would never actually do it?
I'm just curious if it's a normal way to feel and people don't admit it, or if people really don't feel that way
>>
>>80920475
has it been pointed out how much Elektra's outfit looks like silk's outfit?
>>
>>80920501
That actress is the perfect woman physically imo. I want to smell her stinky holes ;_;
>>
>>80921356
if i remember correctly the exact limits and applications of the law varied by author, but by the time of the initiative non powered humans need a license to operate, there was a story in the moon knight run about Marc trying to pass his psychological exam to get the license.
>>
>>80925567
>Frank was actually complimenting pawn shop guy on his excellent taste in bats and <12.
>>
>that Matt/Fisk prison scene

Amazing. I can't wait for him to get another season as the main villain.
>>
>>80923250
As for Luke and JJ, they appear to have been produced by the same organization doing experiments on people. If not the same, then at least similar.

You'd think SHIELD would keep an eye out on things like that.

Same for Nuke, it's a military experimental program, SHIELD should know about it.
>>
>Irish mob starts planning their takeover of Hell's Kitchen and you start to think that they're going to be the villains for a couple of episodes but then you realize that Frank is in this season
>>
>>80923267
Season 3 will be Kingpin, Owl and Bullseye guaranteed.
>>
>>80925866
What do you mean by young? Because anything before puberty makes you a disgusting pedo, between puberty and 18 just makes you weird.
>>
Okay. Since they used Nobu for Elektra's killing and Matt to break his moral code, what can Bullseye do worse other than killing Karen and Foggy?
>>
>>80925914
He steals every scene he's in
I love when he goes nuts and starts beating the shit out Frank/Matt like a gorilla
>>
>>80925964
>and Matt to break his moral code

??? he just threw him off the roof
>>
File: 1408937077784.gif (1MB, 357x371px) Image search: [Google]
1408937077784.gif
1MB, 357x371px
>my old associates have been contacting me for new stuff
>did you give them any??
>........no i'm not about that.....

So, who is it going to be?
>>
>>80925960
probably like 12+ since that's when girls used to get married to men that were much older and stuff

that's what I'm getting at, is it disguising because society says it isn't alright and you are conditioned to believe as such?
or if it was legal would you see people fucking kids on the regular
>>
>>80926006
He meant to kill him though. Same with him dropping Bullseye
>>
WHAT'S IN THE HOLE?
>>
>>80925960
>weird
its normal depending on your own age,its just no longer socially acceptable. its was also less acceptable in the past if your age gap was too big
>>
>>80921233
The Blacksmith one? Madame Gao told him to go to the piers in general, and look for well equiped guards. When he got there, he detected Frank Franking them, and that's how he found the right pier.
>>
>>80923893
>>80924009
>>80924409
tfw the best characters are played by Canadians

>Deadpool
>Green Arrow
>Felicity Smoak
>Harrison Wells
>Martin Stein
>Rogue
>Iceman
>Maria Hill
>Jimmy Olsen
>Lana Lang
>Jeri Hogarth
>Harvey Bullock
>>
File: Old Lady Allah.gif (993KB, 317x178px) Image search: [Google]
Old Lady Allah.gif
993KB, 317x178px
>Tease Frank finding the minigun.
>All the advertisements have him wielding a minigun.
>Elektra and Matt are trapped, tons of ninjas everywhere.
>Frank shows up at the very end, picks off three ninjas with a rifle then fucks off.

Finale honestly was a letdown. The first half of the season started off great and then steadily just became shittier.
>>
>>80926044
>if it was legal would you see people fucking kids on the regular
No, there would be a spike of it, like with the gays(how a lot of non gays are "exploring" themselves by having gay sex)but mostly people would stick to what they are attacked too.
>>
What was up with the newspaper clip on Karen Page's file? Something about a hit and run? Is that the dark secret that was hinted at on S1, she accidentally killed a kid and wasn't caught?
>>
>>80925939
Owl is fucking dead.
>>
>netflix's spawn when?
>>
>>80926073
I feel the same way
It starts of very strong for the first 4 eps, then kind of drags on with The Hand, picks up again with Punisher/Fisk arc but then ends kind of underwhelmingly.
Still a solid 8/10 season.
>>
How did the Blacksmith gain the biggest drug trade in the city? I've never understood that.
>>
>>80925909
It'd be nice if they started their own pedophile softball league
>>
So how many people got Franked so far in total?

>30-something terrorists
>30-something gangsters
>10-15 more gangsters on screen after that comment
>10-something prisoners
>20-something on the boat
>4 or 5 Hand, (Far fewer then he should've)

I know I'm missing some.
>>
Overall I enjoyed it. Frank was the main attraction and was great, the Hand stuff wasn't as good. Elektra's costume in the final episode was a million times better than her classic comics one. Frank being told if he kills Lex Luthor that he's exactly the monster people claim him to be, then doing it without a second thought, got me good. Bernthal is great

Also, all that sand/dirt that was in the the train car - that's the dust they use to make Hand Ninjas, right? I don't think they ever explained it
>>
they had to tread carefully because punisher clearly stole the show
here's the real question of the day though. They said the punisher was going to be hard to side with and does terrible things you may never forgive him for. But is that how most people felt or what that just rhetorical liberal bullshit to make it sound like violence is always bad gais!
Let's be real here, everybody was rooting for him. When karen was trying to talk him down I don't think anyone was on her side hoping he wouldn't pull the trigger.
>>
I don't like that they had Frank become the Punisher because he got shot in the head.
>>
>>80926072
Your opinion is invalidated immediately.

>the best characters
>Felicity Smoak
>>
>>80926246
>Elektra's costume in the final episode was a million times better than her classic comics one
Good lord you're a pleb
>>
>>80926216

The middle east is ripe with heroin. The CIA and the military tried (and partially succeeded) in taking control of the drug trade during the war in Afghanistan, and much earlier in Vietnam. Colonel probably has a direct line to a very big supplier over there, no middle man to cut the product.

In Punisher MAX Frank is offered the chance to work in covert ops for the CIA. He refuses because he realizes immediately the operations, though CIA sanctioned, are completely financed with drug money, so as to be untraceable.
>>
>>80926246
the dirt was from the huge hole they dug to find the magic Urn, they transported it out so nobody would know
>>
>>80926216
Contacts made in the Middle east for the Heroin, bunch of Maine enforcers better then normal street thugs. Similar things have happened irl.
>>
>>80926281

The banada and random ribbons look like shit dude, what do you want me to say
>>
>>80926238
>Frank killed more than Hydra in WS and Chitauri combined

God I fucking love MCU. Based Street Levelers.
>>
File: 1450583865525.jpg (58KB, 754x734px) Image search: [Google]
1450583865525.jpg
58KB, 754x734px
I don't believe in the hand!!! stupid bullshi!!! dumb!! ninjas are dumb!!

what was the fucking point of matt saying all this dumb shit, was he an audience proxy? who DIDNT believe in it?
>>
I thought his portrayal was just ok until the graveyard scene. After that it was like he was firing on all cylinders.

The scene in the diner with Karen like someone else said was golden.
>>
>>80926336
it was just really out of character to have someone deeply religious lecturing someone else about why faith in mythology is retarded and illogical
>>
>Frank goes to prison
>Hope against hope there's a scene where he massacres prisoners
>Show delivers in spades

>Every Fisk scene

Prison portion was 10/10
>>
>>80926260
it was 80/20 for me. I think he is too indiscriminate + the collateral damage but given the situation his methods do seem to be most optimal.I would not agree with it if he was running in my town, nor would I be ok if a gov sanctioned agent did the same shit but Im ok with it in principle
>>
>>80926124
His Son.
>>
>>80921475
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu9a29UR2dU
>>
>>80926398
And he got called out for it.

>Resurrection? Are you kidding?
>You're Catholic. Your entire belief system hinges on a resurrection.
>>
>>80926336
did not he fight the hand in s1? my memory is fuzzy but im sure he saw a guy be set on fire and still keep fighting
>>
>>80926398
its more of a case of "my faith is one true faith"
>>
>>80926398
>>80926336

I think Matt's issue was not that the story made no sense, but that he doesn't entirely trust in Stick in that moment and the story so conveniently places Stick right at the center of it so it sounded like some bullshit he was making up to justify all the shit and lies he's been up to.
>>
>>80921210
That filename
>>
>>80926310
I want you to admit you have shit taste.
>>
>>80926498

He fought Nobu in S1 but he didn't know what the Hand was at that point, he thought they were the yakuza
>>
File: daredevil season 2.png (510KB, 754x734px) Image search: [Google]
daredevil season 2.png
510KB, 754x734px
>>80926336
>>
>>80925609
Who said I was complaining?
>>
The Fisk/Murdock scene would have been better if Fisk knew.
>>
>>80926631
Him not knowing made it even better, and THEN he knew.
>>
>>80926663
What if he knew but Matt didn't know Fisk knew?
>>
>>80926603
put some effort into it.
>>
>>80926686
what if he knew we knew it knew see knew
>>
>>80926686
What if he didn't knew but Matt knew that Fisk knew that he didn't know?
>>
>>80926692
thats what she said
>>
So this season is basically "if you have good pussy then people won't gove a shit if you go directly against their values and wishes"
Matt vehemently tries to stop Frank for being a killer, ties Stick up because reasons while he lets Elektra run around ganking people for shits and giggles while she fights at his side.
Matt was characterized really poorly this season
>>
>>80925532
I hope that he isn't Blacksmith

What happened to the mysterious guy that disappeared? The undercover agent whose body wasn't found? I hope it's someone good who comes back or discovered later
>>
>>80926749
does that even work? I was under the impression that "thats what she said" was for stuff that would sound sexually impressive, "put some effort into it." would imply that you are underpreforming
>>
>>80926782
"bad pussy" did not start with game of thrones. thats how femme fatale rolled since the dawn of time
>>
One thing I appreciated Netflix from doing is that the subtitles didn't use the Portuguese translations and used the English versions instead. They call them Daredevil and Punisher, not Demolidor (demolition man) and Vingador (Avenger).

Most movies translate them and it sounds really weird because I'm used to reading their names in English. I wonder if they did the same on other languages or not. I know Germans and Spaniards and Frenchies and Italians like to dub shit and make it all seem like weak soap-opera budget shit.
>>
>>80920808
>becoming female Ben Urich
why dont you want a Ben Urich waifu anon?
>>
>>80926804

I think that's done with. They only removed the body and turned him into a "John Doe" so that nobody ever found out there was an undercover agent there and that the operation was a sting, not a deal gone wrong.
>>
>>80925852
It's so fun to watch Matt getting his shit fucked up.

I've always found Daredevil a gigantic hypocrite douchebag, who thinks he has a moral high ground. Call me edgy, but I always cheer up against him, whenever it's possible.
>>
>>80926872
makes sense, was always wondering about that while watching
>>
File: Tired punisher.png (497KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Tired punisher.png
497KB, 1280x720px
You ever been tired, /co/?
>>
>>80926902
I feel like Matt is just kinda a douche character sometimes

He's not mister nice guy or hey let's be friends maybe we can work this out

I think this is very evident with how he talks and intimidates people, I love it! Especially when he threatened to go after Kingpin's wife

Loved it so much
>>
>>80926933
Based Bernthal knocked it out of the park desu. Frank/10
>>
File: 1455307096041.jpg (54KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1455307096041.jpg
54KB, 800x800px
>>80926782
>wanting Daredevil to shit on and constantly stop Electra from killing people over and over

he isn't Batman, he's remotely sane and knew when to give up on that regard
>>
>>80926830
Yes but the superhero genre doesn't work like that usually.
Who's talking about Game of Thrones
>>
File: 1452422593932.gif (2MB, 331x197px) Image search: [Google]
1452422593932.gif
2MB, 331x197px
>>80925852
Shit just got real.
You just know he's going to be making his life miserable in S3.
>>
>>80926844
But Punisher in Brazil is Justiceiro, not "Vingador". What the fuck are you on about? And it was a shit decision, not a good one.
>>
>>80926991
>Yes but the superhero genre doesn't work like that usually.
it does not?name 1 character like Elektra who does not get away with the same shit
>>
>>80926991
by superhero genre you mean the MCU or comics in general? because the comics femme fatale is a staple.
>>
>>80926398

>A religious person believes that all other religions are wrong and his is the correct one

Makes sense to me, anon.
>>
All this show has made me want is to read this Daredevil omni I still haven't cracked open yet.
>>
>>80927004
Yeah, in Portugal it varies with translator a bit. Jane's punisher was called Vingador, which is fucking weird because the last line in the movie he says "Não é vingança é castigo. Sou o Vingador".

I know you guys down there like to translate every word into a Portuguese/English hybrid, but up here we use both language's words. I know you guys say stuff like 'O homem de ferro' but here every one calls him 'O Iron Man'. We don't dub stuff beyond cartoons, everything is subtitled, so we have a much better control of both languages (compared to you guys and the Spanish, for example).

>Breaking Bad instead of 'Ruptura Total'
>Game of Thrones instead of 'Guerra dos Tronos'
Stuff like that.

It's a cultural thing, but translating foreign names to Portuguese, or even using a Portuguese pronunciation sounds weird as fuck. 'Gúgli' instead of 'Gugâl' for 'Google' sounds very low-brow to us, generally. It was nice to see the translators follow a more current trend then fall back to the 90's where we used to translate them.
>>
I really want to see Matt, Danny, and Cage fuck some ninjas up already.
>>
>>80926933
Kaz, I'm already a Frank
>>
File: 21039821094.jpg (15KB, 324x291px) Image search: [Google]
21039821094.jpg
15KB, 324x291px
>mfw Madame Gao chillin
>>
>>80926238
One shopkeeper.
>>
>>80926271
I think the point of that skull wound was just so they could repeatedly show the x-ray and eventually make it his symbol
>>
>>80923109
Bullseye can still kill Karen like in Guardian Angel.
>>
One thing that bothered me the most was how the Hand was able to "hide" from DD's senses. If I remember correctly in season 1 he explains to Claire that he can sense everything through feeling changes in air density and temperature variations, vibrations, combined with what he can hear. It ignores the "radar" sense from the comice, but fine its a decent explanation.
But when the Hand drops their heart rate (and lowered body temp?) suddenly he has to track the sounds of their weapons, even though he has no problem sensing their kicks. And when they stop using weapons they are invisible to him? But he has no problem "seeing" inanimate objects with no heart beats in the first place. Sure they are sneaky ninjas, but they would still make sound moving around, the air would still move around with them.
>>
>>80926111
The dead kid is her brother.
>>
4/10 not enough punisher too much piggy lawyer friend
>>
File: 1269573386357.jpg (36KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1269573386357.jpg
36KB, 512x384px
>power goes out in the Hospital
>Claire goes into the room with the sick patients
>they're all standing there like zombies

wew

I know it's a cliched trope, but that was pretty unsettling.
>>
>>80927352
Some of those Hand ninjas were zombies (remember the one in the hospital?) They wouldn't have a temperature

If he is too distracted, he probably can't sense air or density that well, especially when fighting

I might be wrong though
>>
>>80927352

Maybe smells and touch and whatever are too slow to use in fighting. Sound must definitely be the first thing he perceives.

That said, it's still a million times more consistent than the fucking comics.
>>
Anyone else disappointed the priest didn't show up much this season? Those conversations were some of my favorite moments in season 1.
>>
>>80927352
Also! he maybe knew they were there but couldn't see the punches

You can't sense stuff then react to it really fast I think. Maybe the swords were easier to listen to. Maybe I'm thinking to deep into it
>>
>>80926933
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>80927462
>father help me for i have sinned i just can't stop dressing up and beating the shit out of people

how many more of those conversations do you wanna sit through?
>>
>>80927462
If S3 is Born Again like they seem to foreshadow, the Priest will be around a lot.
>>
File: Widowmaker.jpg (279KB, 590x901px) Image search: [Google]
Widowmaker.jpg
279KB, 590x901px
>>80925567
>daddy's girl/mama's boy
I assume you don't have kids. I think if the Punisher were a girl she would probably talk more about the son
>>
>>80927499
It just seems like Punisher, the ex-Catholic, going on a murder rampage would tie in pretty easily to what the priest said last season about the righteous man who succumbs to evil.
>>
Why does Karen always look and sound like she's about to cry?
>>
>>80927475
>You can't sense stuff then react to it really fast
I was actually just thinking that. Because he doesn't have a problem block regular people's punches, maybe he uses their heartbeat to localize them or something and then is better able to anticipate and react to their attacks. So when the Hand is "hiding" he maybe he can hear/feel the punches, but they they are coming at him too fast because he can't sense where they are originating from.
I know it doesn't need to make perfect sense. Probably over thinking it, just bothered me a bit.
>>
File: redhairlady.png (700KB, 1045x632px) Image search: [Google]
redhairlady.png
700KB, 1045x632px
Has anyone answered who this Red Haired woman is at the end of the season?

She HAS to be someone important right?

Why have her at all and not just some random Japanese person?

Any theories????

>What's your name?
>>
>>80927572
Nobody will protect her smile :(
>>
>>80927403
At that moment I was convinced that The Hand was making vampires.
>>
>>80927352
They don't have hearts or body heat and wear slippers. Of course he can't sense them.
>>
>>80927594
It's assumed she's a version Typhoid Marry.
>>
>>80920475
Frank was easily the best part of the show. I'd love to see him get his own season or at least a mini-series.
>>
>>80927594
Gee, I wonder who it could be...

>>80927475
It didn't bother me, but I chuckled a bit when he 'upgraded' from hearing the fucking heartbeat to the breathing, which even I can hear.
>>
File: 468444574.jpg (44KB, 839x524px) Image search: [Google]
468444574.jpg
44KB, 839x524px
>tfw same hairline but 10 years younger

Just fuck my shit up
>>
>>80927594
She's a QT :3
>>
>>80927594
Scully?
>>
>>80927621
Yeah, that's why! I DO wonder, but I can't think of anyone

>>80927615

Typhoid Mary has super powers and works for Fisk though

This lady didn't seem like that

Also, Mary is a psycho, this lady seemed too formal and business like
>>
>>80927594
JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNN
>>
Did anyone else feel like the first three episodes were their own complete story? Like they could've been a movie that ended with Frank's monologue about his daughter and a neat wrap up, but then the story just kinda kept going for 10 more episodes?
>>
>>80927634
he has a "far back" hairline but it's not receding. He has very straight hair too which is a bitch to work with.

They have to do a lot of styling to make Cox's hair resemble anything other than a mop/Dora la Exploradora hair

Check him out on Boardwalk Empire, they just said fuck it and completely slicked it over.
>>
>>80927678
They should've released the first four episodes before the season came out.
>>
season 3 when? also i think they need to give us more info on black sky and stick figure. It lacked sense to revolve about something like that. maybe they just took matt pov with "fuck you fuck that i dont care i will stop it" Also 10/10 scene after Karen and Matt date where Matt walks in the city alone and from a joyfull date the camera spins around revealing the sick of the city. made me rewind it a few times
>>
>>80927352
this is what bothered me the most. A table makes no noise but he knows it is there, how does a ninja become invisible to his senses. If anything a tip toeing blood bag should make a lot of noise for him to pick up. Bone and muscle moving should also make noise. They shouldve went with a better explanation, a solid object no matter how silent is still solid enough to effect change in temperature or density or whatever it is now that he doesnt have "radar" sense.
>>
>>80927673
Yeah, maybe you're right. Either they aren't intending on doing full TM and that was it, or they are introducing her in their own way.

I thought it was one of those 'We'll see' nods, like Leland in S1.
>>
>>80927678
first four, yes! It was definitely a "Punisher Arc"

then next five were "Elektra Arc"

Last four were "Let's wrap up this shit quick guys"

I actually liked this a lot, gives people a place to stop and start up again if they are pacing their binge watching

overall it was a little hard to keep track while a lot was going on but still liked it more than season 1: one big story for 13 episodes
>>
>>80927678
First 4 episodes were Punisher Season 1, last 9 were DD Season 2 with Punisher crossover story.
>>
>>80924169
Sets it up perfectly, actually. I think what happened was a perfect telling sign that Kitchen Irish is gonna happen in a Frank series.
>>
File: Ah4KDNv.jpg (811KB, 1247x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Ah4KDNv.jpg
811KB, 1247x1920px
>>80927517
>Frank ever tolerating pedophiles
>>
>>80927729
I would love Typhoid Mary to burn down everything in Hell's Kitchen that is important to Matt, especially since season 3 is already setup to be Born Again

>Karen knows Daredevil's secret
>No more Nelson and Murdock law offices
>Kingpin wants his revenge
>Nuke was introduced in Jessica Jones
>Matt has a flashback of a nun taking care of him, most likely his Mom
>>
>>80927678
Elektra was a mistake
>>
>>80927697
>He has very straight hair too which is a bitch to work with.

I have the same type of hair as him and I can never get it to look right so I just wear a hat most days. Fuck hair. If I could pull off shaved/bald I'd do it.
>>
>>80927673
They obviously can't use the actual Typhoid Mary, because she's a mutant.
>>
File: 13245.jpg (229KB, 950x915px) Image search: [Google]
13245.jpg
229KB, 950x915px
>>80927794
W-will we get Captain America in season 3?
>>
>>80927801
Has Elektra done anything significant or otherwise noteworthy besides die?
>>
Kingpin GOT SWOLE
>>
>>80920795
Does it count as killing if not only are you outright TOLD that the enemy is immortal, but you know for a fact that the guy you're dealing with died once?
>>
>>80927834
No. Replace him with a Star-Spangled-Man with-a-Plan whistlin Punisher.
>>
>>80924169
I don't know... he looked pretty dead. 2 bullets in the back and a shotgun to the face. But maybe he's just that tough. I wouldn't be upset if they brought him back with his face all fucked up, but I imagine that story would be a lot more "revenge against the punisher" than the original Irish story (Nesbitt's money). Could work, but I'd rather see something different and leave this as a nice nod.
>>
>>80927880
Ideally we would have BOTH because it's just criminal to have a great live-action Cap and a great live-action Punisher but they never meet.
>>
>>80927817
>Fuck hair. If I could pull off shaved/bald I'd do it.

I feel your pain friendo. At least we don't have to deal with the struggle of male pattern baldness.

I have friends that started noticeably receding when they were 18. You gotta keep an eye on the upsides.
>>
File: punisher_cap.jpg (88KB, 495x751px) Image search: [Google]
punisher_cap.jpg
88KB, 495x751px
>>80927880
Captain Punisher?

>>80927818
Maybe she exists in the same loophole territory as Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver?
>>
>>80927834
If we got him for like half an episode I would cry

Everything about Cap's appearance in Born Again is fucking perfect.
>>
>>80927352
I just thought it was dumb that he couldn't perceive them until Stick told him to stop listening to their heartbeat and start listening for their breathing. What the fuck? Breathing is way louder than heartbeats.
>>
>>80927940
Probably because he was getting the shit beaten out of him by five? silent guys the last thing he was thinking about hearing was their exhalations.
>>
>>80927818
They could rewrite her as Inhuman

She doesn't really appear with the Xmen so I think they still have the rights
>>
>>80927928
I don't think it is a loophole since she's almost exclusively a Daredevil villain, outside of one Deadpool arc (which reaches its conclusion in a Daredevil annual).
Considering the 90's made fucking everyone they could into mutants, that would mean Fox owns half of the New Warriors, Squirrel Girl, AND Cloak and Dagger.
>>
>>80927940
I'm guessing zombie ninjas don't exhale often
>>
File: 1286245104581.jpg (16KB, 171x100px) Image search: [Google]
1286245104581.jpg
16KB, 171x100px
>mfw Frank Franking Franks
>>
>>80925129
It all goes back to Frank clearing that LZ.
Yes. He even says he fucked up the big deal on purpose just because he saw Frank was at the park and wanted to 'teach him a lesson in loyalty'. Mr Krabs said something like "If you didn't turn your back on me, you'd have enough money to take your family to the Bahamas instead of that crappy park." and that losing the 130+ million was worth it that day.
>>80925310
Me too. I actually hated Punisher before this. I liked stories with him in it but I just didn't like him as an anti-hero or character. Now I'm hype. Gonna read Slavers and cry like a bitch now.
>>80925964
Kill the priest Matt talks to for guidance.
>>
File: 1398036981191.png (50KB, 900x1151px) Image search: [Google]
1398036981191.png
50KB, 900x1151px
>no Taskmaster
>>
>>80927865
Come back to life.
>>
>>80926111
I think she drove high/drunk and it killed her brother.
>>
>>80925964
>Matt to break his moral code
God they fucked up so hard in this aspect. It loses so much impact since Nobu couldn't die from impacts
>>
>>80928061
And what the hell has she done since then?
>>
Did anyone else lose interest the minute that zombie ninjas became involved?

I don't want this magical crap, I can barely stand comic-y stuff as it is.
>>
Is Nobu dead for good?
>>
>>80927517
Im just saying his favoritism was obvious. if the girl had lived he would have been fine and if only the girl had died he would still have gone off the rails
>>
>>80928102
Then go watch BB, TDK and TDKR on rerun then
Mystic Ninja shit is an essential part of DD mythos
>>
>>80928102
You're watching a goddamn show about a blind man with super senses beating people up in his goddamn pajamas.
>>
>>80928054
But anon, he's already on AoS
jk
>>
>>80926398
>religious person telling other people their religious stuff is dumb
>out of character

Have you been to Earth?
>>
Maybe I missed it but why the fuck was that shed in the middle of nowhere filled with guns?
I thought it might be the C.O's but they had driven a bit far out by that point
>>
>>80927902
my friend started going bald in our teens, he fought it off with rogiane for as long as he could, then he started taking propecia which resulted in him having erectile dysfunction at age 24
>>
>>80925567
wut? A parents connection with their daughter is something you wouldn't understand til you have one.

It sounded like, to Frank, his daughter was sacred to him. She was a point of pride, beautiful and strong or such n such n such.

Kids, man. You hate 'em til you have 'em.
>>
>>80928120
Yes and I think for two reasons:

>Head got chopped off

>He killed Black Sky which makes him not the leader of the hand anymore

They talked about wanting to dethrone him or something, I think that ought to do it
>>
File: daredevil.png (95KB, 670x337px) Image search: [Google]
daredevil.png
95KB, 670x337px
Who was this guy ?
>>
>>80928192
Stone
>>
>>80928159
It was Lex Luthor's shed. That's why he told Karen to pull over, because he was going to kill her in his murder shed.
>>
>>80926782
Wasn't that after he'd already relented to Frank that he'd let Frank kill the real blacksmith?

I think at that point he'd just stopped giving a shit about trying to police other people's methods.
>>
>>80928192
Stone? Master Izo?
>>
File: 960.jpg (25KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
25KB, 960x540px
>>80928192

>"I have no idea"
>>
>>80928214
Oh right that makes sense, thought he was just going into the woods to shoot her
>>
>>80928159
this confused me as well. Was it just supposed to be some random redneck's gun hoard?
>>
I'm so fucking mad they wasted Clancy Brown on some random #122121 military man. Same thing with Lucy Lawless and Ray Stevenson. What a fucking joke marvel.
>>
>tfw you will never have a bro like Melvin
I may not agree with his DD design but he's a chill guy.
I hope he gets to use that suit at some point next season
>>
>>80928214
>Lex Luthor

Fuck, Clancy would've been a GOAT Lex. Instead we're stuck with discount Moot.
>>
>ninjas drain blood into spooky magic urn

>urn is empty when they put Elektra in

???
>>
>>80928102
Then go watch gotham or something you faggot
>>
I really wanted Matt to do more courtroom stuff instead of cavorting with Elektra. The whole story of Nelson & Murdock seems unsatisfying. So they were a small but scrappy firm that just... failed? Great, I guess.
>>
>>80928321
>muh casting

Shut up you boring cunt.
>>
>>80928345
>can barely stand comic book-y stuff
>telling him to go watch Gotham
kek
>>
File: 1458436059200.png (78KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1458436059200.png
78KB, 240x240px
>>80920475

>When the Hand started sawing off the black guy's leg
>>
File: 1392821858090.png (11KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1392821858090.png
11KB, 800x800px
>>80928387
>he walks it off
>>
>>80928402

Well, I think the blade just got a few millimeters deep before matt intervened.
>>
Just finished watching it. I wasnt sold on Bernthal playing the Punisher when I heard it, but jesus christ did he frank the frank.

>mfw frank keeps franking all the franks of the frank.
>>
>>80928387
>>80928402

>mob guy drills Frank's foot
>a couple minutes later Frank kicks him the fuck out with that same foot

not sure if oversight or badassery
>>
>>80928387
I cringed at that but just because it was such a lame way to make shit extra violent for no reason

>WE NINJA, WE NO UNDERSTAND HOW ANKLE BRACELET WORK
>ALSO ME THINKEY BONE EASIER TO SAW THROUGH THAN STRAP ON BRACELET
>WHAT WE DO WITH BRACELET AFTER LEG CHOP OFF? TAKE AWAY?

smashing the thing (with no regard to his leg) would have at least made some kind of sense
>>
>>80928343
I think the blood is added later

Maybe it was for a different urn or person they were resurrecting
>>
Magic is there right? With Dr Strange script proabably already done, they had a much clear take on how magic is gonna go right?
>>
>>80928529
This show pretty much proved that the "WAAH THEY JUST WANT SCIENCE MAGIC" claim is utter shit.
>>
>>80920475
9/10

>>80920501
Very fucking hard.
>>
>>80928529
It's not magic just special micro-organisms in the blood. Like midichlorians
>>
>>80920475
By far the best portrayal of the Punisher. I just loved the subtle ticks and finger twitches he made. Clearly showed him as a guy on the edge of sanity.
>>
Anyone else super depressed now that they finished the whole series in a day and now it will be who knows how many years before they get Franked again?
I'm re-reading Punisher Max now to help me cope.
>>
Also, I know /co/ complained about Elektra's costume when it was first revealed, but what did everyone think of her final costume? Personally, I loved it and found it more fitting than the comic counterpart's.
>>
>>80928578

That would make sense, have the ancient science magic Ninjas fight the ancient science magic Samurai.
>>
>>80925067
I'm upset that they decided to get rid of Nelson and Murdock. I really liked the law aspect of the show.

Maybe we'll start off with Murdock and Page next season.
>>
>>80928498
Frank doesn't have time for pain.
>>
christ hoe are you guys so fast? why don't you space out the season a little bit. when did you even have time to finish 13 hours of tv?
>>
>Foggy working with Jerri
Anyone think Foggy is gonna take Jerri/y's place in Iron Fist?
He's much closer to Jerry than Jerri is
>>
File: 1456202400454.png (220KB, 321x333px) Image search: [Google]
1456202400454.png
220KB, 321x333px
So, we're getting a Punisher show, right?

Hopefully written and directed by the same guys.
>>
>>80928706
Pain don't hurt.
>>
>>80928670
I'm thinking Foggy will have a pretty major role in JJ season 2. When he was meeting with Trinity it sounded like her firm was looking at specializing in cases involving superhumans or something, which is a cool concept.
My guess is Foggy is finished with his new job by the end of JJ, and Nelson and Murdock get the band back together at the beginning of DD season 3.
>>
>>80928506
I think they were also kinda mad about the guy not telling about the ankle bracelet so cutting off his foot was also a form of punishment
>>
>>80920475
So no BE Easter egg? Nothing pointing him to the season 3?
>>
File: micro.png (615KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
micro.png
615KB, 1366x768px
>yfw
>>
>Fisk thinks a cell block full of inmates can kill Frank

i thought he was supposed to be smart?
>>
File: FrankSuffering.png (1MB, 826x721px) Image search: [Google]
FrankSuffering.png
1MB, 826x721px
>>80928807
LET THE FRANK BEGIN
>>
File: Black_Sky.png (348KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
Black_Sky.png
348KB, 1136x640px
So if Elektra is Black Sky who the hell is this kid?
>>
>>80928831
They were probably Dutton's people mostly so it was a win/win
>>
>>80923267
Hopefully,with them teasing Kingpin,he might bring them in
>>
>>80928718
8 hours on Friday, 5 hours on Saturday for me. What's so unbelievable about that?
>>
>>80928831
cmon they totally covered that. all fisk had to go by was newspaper reports which he quite reasonably thought were exaggerated, which he immediately admits too after frank franks up his initial plan
>>
>>80928838
there are several Black Skies, Nobu says they're "very rare". They've done a shit job explaining what the fuck they are though as Elektra clearly has no powers
>>
>>80928373
Ive never watched Gotham i just assumed it was casual because it's a Batmanless Batman show
>>
>>80921514
Every scene involving Punisher leading up to that would as well. I mean he shoots alot of people in the fucking head.
>>
File: 234.jpg (80KB, 634x636px) Image search: [Google]
234.jpg
80KB, 634x636px
>>80921475
>>
>>80928865
I think that's what the special blood they where making is for, they put Elektra in the urn they where sending the blood into. Maybe the something happens to Black Skys when they get the blood.
>>
>>80927572
Every single month something happens to threaten her life. Hell she's been shot at about as often as some solders have on tours of duty. At this point I'm amazed she's still sane.
>>
>>80928865
man, I hate this villian type or trope or whatever you want to call it

>THEY'RE THE MOST DANGEROUS THING IN THE WORLD
>LET'S KEEP TEASING ABOUT HOW TERRIBLE AND AWFUL THIS THING WILL BE
>WE CAN'T TELL YOU WHAT EXACTLY THO
>turns out to be some relatively lame super powers, or they can destroy the world if they get the 8 magic amulets
>>
>>80925939
With kingpin looking into Matt Murdock after getting popped in the face....i'm thinking season 3 is gonna go full on Born again. With Kingpin trying to ruin Matts life and eventually having him fight nuke...or maybe bullseye.
>>
>>80927352
most of them were raised from the dead, therefore they had no pulse.

How do they have breathing but no pulse... that one is implied, actually: There is no blood to pump, since it was already drained.

Most ninjas most probably started as guinea pigs for the blood experiments The Hand does, like those kids DD rescued, but were already controlled.
>>
>>80928838
A different one The question I still have is WHAT ARE THEY? Why would Why would Stick tell the whole story of the Hand without mentioning that? Are they associated with the Beast, because he didn't mention that part either.
>>
File: 19f.gif (62KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
19f.gif
62KB, 500x500px
Rate the season.

Would you say it was better or worse than season 1?
>>
>what is it, to be a hero? look in the mirror and you'll know

ugh, Karen, come the fuck on. that guy was premature in giving her the job
>>
>>80928343
magic, bro
>>
>>80928973
DDS2 1-4>DDS1>DDS2 9-13>DDS2 5-8
>>
>>80926451
You mean his wife's son?
>>
>>80928974
seriously, as soon as she typed her name I mentally added "Age 12"
>>
So what is Karen troubled past? Did they took the porn and drugs and put it as a backstory? her brother is kill from a car accident and the scene with whats his name Ben boss at the newspaper was abit creepy
>>
Stick has to show up in Iron Fist right? We know nothing about him.
>>
>>80921358
Charlie's supposed to be in Infinity War though, and I'll be damned if he isn't.
>>
>>80928974
God that was an awful idea.
I guess her being a terrible journalist is enough reason for her to get fired and turn to porno
>>
>>80929036
Nope. On the contrary.
>>
>>80928102
No...its fucking Daredevil.
>>
i'm getting the feel Defenders is gonna be a hopefully better Shadowland
>>
>>80929029
Nope, Iron Fist mysticism has nothing to do with DD mysticism.
>>
>>80928159
I think the assumption is that was the colonels 'doing things' shed which is why he had her drive out there before intending to pop her. I imagine he had shit back there equipped to dispose of someone or get in contact with people to do so.
>>
>>80928974
kek, exactly what I thought
>>
>>80928973
Better Act I & II worse Act III

Part of it was because the Act III really felt like a setup for Frank own series instead of part of Daredevil story and The Hand simple was a clusterfuck, it pay off by Elektra.

I was hoping for the death be in season 3 with Bull...

I think the show had the same problems as JJ Act III

DDS2 Act I > DDS1 Act II > DDS2 Act II > DDS1 Act I > DDS2 Act III => DDS1 Act III (Two last episodes should had been better for S1)
>>
>>80928974
Yeah when the editor said Ben was a "top researcher", I assumed someone with actual writing talent was translating the information into an article. It doesn't work like that, but it would make sense if it did. Seems like writing and sleuthing are two different skill sets.
>>
so did stick always know that electra was BS, or did he only just learn it this season? cause it seems to be implied that he always knew, but then why the sudden change of heart. plus we've seen he has no problem killing BS children before
>>
>>80929094
Also IF they are going for Born Again they are going to use Nuke like the comics or you think Bullseye will come with the same role?
>>
>>80920475

Why does Mr. Krabs give Frank such a glowing review during the trial? Wouldn't it have been better for him if Frank got the death penalty?
>>
>>80928793
Oh no. I sanyone else genuinely worried at Jessica Jones just being really fucking mean to foggy?

Although considering its foggy it might give him a moment to put her in check too.
>>
Miss me yet, /co/?
>>
>>80929101
now I have this wonderful image of Ben turning in articles and the editor having to hand them off to an intern to fix all the oldman-isms "the twitters" and "intertubes" and cut out his frequent and violent racial outbursts
>>
>>80929185
No. I'd rather have the nanny.
>>
>>80929185
Not even a little bit
>>
>>80928956
He does mention the black sky, problem is that even he doesn't know what the black actually does. He tells Matt that no one really knows what the black sky is or what is does since no one (living to tell the tale) has actually used their power. All he knows is that its really bad if a black sky activates and that some select few people like Elektra or the boy from season 1 are able to tap into that power.
>>
>>80928956
i'm pretty certain the idea is they are possible vessels for the beast. Everything about it seems like its leading to something like shadowland, but with elektra rather than DD at the head of the Hand. Maybe defenders season 1 will have that be the big thing.
>>
>>80929108
Did you even watch the flashback sequences?
>>
>>80929185
Their playground fight scene was kinda adorable.
>>
>Stick sends one french asshole to kil Elektra

what could possibly go wrong?
>>
Started strong, but got weak towards the end.

Pros:
>>Punisher
>>Elektra
>>Foggy being competent
>>Some great stuff early on.
>>Guest Stars I didn't see coming

Cons
>>Ninjas and Frank plots were too seperate
>>The ending felt rush because they have to keep the Hand Mysterious and still haven't had stuff like Black Skies explained which makes it feel a bit flat.
>>Franks stuff largely felt like a giant promo for a Punisher series.

If the show kept the pace up like the first 4 episodes, it would have been 10/10. But unfortunately, it's a 7/10.
>>
>>80929108
I think the idea is as horrible an old bastard as he is he did have feelings for her and thought he could control what was in her rather than kill her.
That kid he could give a fuck about...and the moment he thought he couldnt control Elektra he tried to have her killed as well.
>>
>>80926284
>In Punisher MAX Frank is offered the chance to work in covert ops for the CIA. He refuses because he realizes immediately the operations, though CIA sanctioned, are completely financed with drug money, so as to be untraceable.
But that's how he finances his operations when you think about it.
>>
>>80929307
I heard he was a reference to Moon Knight?
>>
>>80929307
And the French asshole is stupid enough to tell Elektra that Stick sent him
>>
>>80929185
Not really. In fact, I barely remember her performance.
>>
I really liked it

But one thing I hate is that the movies NEVER reference the TV shows. What's the point of having a connected TV-movie universe if the movies never acknowledge the TV series? The shows are the ones that have references from movies and it's a part of what makes it so great.

It's not fair.
>>
>>80929322
no way, Daredevil Season 1 was 7/10

this was 8/10
>>
>>80929328
People keep getting this mixed up but no, MK Frenchie is Jean-Paul DuChamp, DD character was Jacque DuChamp
>>
>>80929342
I kinda get it. I mean scale wise they aren't gonna be too concerned with street level shit. Honestly I kinda prefer it at the moment. Keeps things from getting too muddled.
>>
So what did Punisher did back in his Sniper days? and what is in the damn dvd?

>>80929359
The final episodes were more solid except the final episode.
>>
>>80929359
I liked Season 1 more. I felt that this season became wildly unfocused.
>>
>>80929330
yeah you just think "why would he do that?"
>>
>>80929368
They wouldn't have said his name if it wasn't a reference.
>>
>>80929342
probably mostly to do with the amount of audience overlap and the amount of available screen time. way less screen time in a movie for a reference that a much smaller percentage of the audience is going to get, versus the reference for a tv show

that said, they could still easily cram all kinds of references into the -backgrounds- of the movies
>>
question for those who have finished the whole season: Was the urn intended for Elektra all along? Or were they planning on someone else to go inWas the secret shed explained?
>>
>>80929536
thats how they turn dead back into life, like Nobu.
>>
>>80929467
makes sense to me actually, since the avengers are world famous so you can mention them, but i don't see why thor would be aware of a vigilante in hell's kitchen
>>
>>80929307
>get her a drink that she accepts no questions asked
>could have just drugged her
>no, i will play my little bs french flirting game, and then announce that I am here to kill you!

fucking shmuck

honestly at this point it's kind of stick's fault. he's really bad at running an army. everyone either disobeys or is incompetent.
>>
>>80920501
If I could I would in an instant
>>
>>80929536
>the secret shed
It was Mr Krabs murder shed, thats why he was taking Karen there
>>
>>80929059
Don't you fuck with me Fiege. You get back in your office and you make it fucking happen.
>>
>>80929550
OH, alright. I was thinking it was a "use once" thing.
>>80929567
That's whack
>>
I wonder if in future seasons/series Ryker's Island will get a special wing dedicated to enhanced villains like it did in the comics.
>>
>>80928718
I watched the first 2 episodes at midnight when it was released. Then watched another while at work, then 2 more when I got home. 3 yesterday and 2 today. I'm about done.
>>
Was I the only one who rolled their eyes at the whole "Elektra, YOU'RE THE BLACK SKY!" twist? It just felt out of nowhere and extremely flimsy.

I really don't like the Hand. They're so generic and uninteresting and never go away.
>>
>>80929733
i kind of agree, my bitch Madame Gao should have been the villain. I swear to christ, she's gonna shapeshift into a fucking dragon one day
>>
>>80928334
... Anon, do you not know?
>>
>>80929342
Jesus Christ, who fucking cares? You referencefags are insufferable.
>>
>>80928974
lol this
>>
>>80929733
Actually I felt all the shit with Elektra was kinda leading to that.
>>
>>80929342
The shared universe benefits the shows, should they feel like they need it to fast-track some reactions or plot-holes (like Hell's kitchen regressing back to the 80's). The movies do great on their own.

Good individual stories are better than bad connected ones for the sake of it. It *could* happen, but it doesn't have to. Too many gimmick crossover's start to bog down the story. Even if some character's pairings would be great to see.
>>
>>80929784
Iron fist nigga
>>
>>80929784
Like, the Hand never interest me. Nobu, someone killed last season turned out to be their leader.

Even in the comics, they are running around like chickens with no heads. They just aren't interesting because they don't have a solid villain to follow. It's a constant game of "Kill the generic ninjas"
>>
>>80928807
what was it doing in the picture frame?
>>
>>80920501
she looks much better with red hair
>>
If there was any doubt Elektra was going to die this season when she started suggesting they change their locations and sets every season she had to fucking go.
>>
I liked Nobu, i don't think he's the Hand's leader, just one of the upper level guys

>you were dead
>there is no such thing

that was cool
>>
>>80929916
This. The biggest problem with The Hand is that unlike Hydra, they don't really have any iconic leaders or even members.
They've always just been ninjas to get beaten up with vague goals.
And the few important members/leaders they've had (like the Gorgon) are all at Fox.
>>
>>80929325
Frank is hypocrite, that's part of his thing. He kills criminals while being a criminal himself. His allies, like Mirco, are criminals.
>>
>>80926284

Didn't he mostly refuse because he didn't want to march to the beat of their drum?
>>
>>80930166
>His allies, like Mirco, are criminals.
Isn't that why he killed Micro? Twice.
>>
>>80930166
>Mirco
who's that? is that a new character ive never heard of before?
>>
>>80930375
Spoilers faggot
>>
>>80930431
Microchip has been dead for years in the comics
>>
>>80929733
I kinda assume Elektra was going to get powers somehow so I thought it made sense.
>>
Every time Stick shows up i'm creating a head canon where he's the same guy from The Challenge.
>>
for a year now I have been doing the ill intent thing except inserting food in its place
I AM the MEATBALL SUB, that gave you heartburn, because you had a snack too late at night
>>
>>80929325

>But that's how he finances his operations when you think about it.

Microchip point this out.

Frank responds by essentially saying that that's a stupid comparison; he kills criminals, takes their money and weaponry, and uses it to kill more criminals.

The CIA was out and out producing, trafficking, and selling drugs.
>>
>>80929733
I didn't like the twist either because they are doing a piss-poor job of telling us what Black Sky even is.
>>
>Ominous "frank becoming the punisher music"
>spray paints the skull
>he doesn't actually do anything except fire off some cover for DD from a rooftop away

anticlimactic Frank
>>
File: Capture.jpg (145KB, 983x649px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
145KB, 983x649px
>>80930342
in part, yeah, but also because principles
>>
>>80930643
like the other anon said, probably just suitable vessels for a demon. Like sam winchester in Supernatural
>>
>>80920501
f-that I'd be too afraid of her blowing me away if I pissed her off
>>
>>80924169
Nah, would be to close to Jigsaw's origin if they did that
>>
>>80926603
>>80926692
I thought it was GREAT anon
>>
>>80920655
>Does this mean that Black Skies are supposed to be The Hand's top agents?
I think it has something to do with being a suitable host for the beast or something? The one Hand guy said
"But you are not the only devil who will walk these streets" to Matt at the farm
>>
>>80930686
the bigger plot hole is if the hand has the ability to resurrect black sky people why does it matter if stick has been killing them. Like that kid in season 1, why not just use him?
>>
>>80930835
i gues decapitation makes it permanent, like stick did to Nobu?
>>
>>80928387
>>80928506
Given that I'm pretty sure the black guy was Turk (I was pretty tired so I may be wrong) it may have been a case of "let's make Turk suffer horribly"
>>
>>80930854
but he seemingly only intended to shoot the kid through the heart with an arrow
>>
>>80925567
>like a man that shows his pain instead of frank we see in comics.

When Frank burns down his house that's when he becomes the Frank we all know.
>>
>>80930489
This is a live action thread
>>
>>80930664
I never really read any punisher comics so I don't really know him beyond 'has dead family and doesn't afraid of anything'

how much of a shit does he give about there being proof before he kills a dude? and does he 'you must be this evil to get punished' line? like would he kill a guy who was just a thief, or just a drug dealer, but never did anything violent?
>>
>>80930949
don't. even. jaywalk.
>>
>>80930118
>(like the Gorgon) are all at Fox.
Really? Then the MCU Hand is really gonna be a chicken with no head!
>>
>>80926424

Vincent's screen presence as Kingpin is something else.
>>
>>80927788
Frank is the best
>>
>>80931005
Most of The Hand business was exposed on the Wolverine related comics
>>
>>80920922
AoS and DD are out of sync. DD season 1 was just before Winter Soldier with it being 2 years after Avengers. With the Christmas scene it implies it is late 2015. It is just a year after DD season 1 when DD season 2 starts.
>>
>>80929917

I think it's implying one of the guys Frank fought with is Micro. Maybe he got wounded ot something.
>>
>>80928054
He was planned to be in the Deadpool movie at one point, not sure if Marvel own the rights
>>
>>80930949
Well, much like in the show Frank mainly targets organized crime. He's not a vigilante like Rorschach in the sense that all evil must be punished. He has precise targets, and a mission. In Ennis' run, which the DD series is partially based on, Frank is adicted to war, and his engaging the mafia or the cartels or whatever is basically him creating for himself a war that will never. Which is why he usually doesn't bother with purse-snatchers or store rubbers. It's not the same for him.
>>
>>80931209

*a war that will never end
>>
>>80921681
All these Enhanced and Gifted over the years now Inhumans.
>>
>>80928030
>>80927928
And Molly Hayes, who we know is in a script, and Eden Fesi who has been mentioned on AoS and will turn up sometime soon, and technically even Thanos himself. It's a bit more complicated than just being a mutant.
>>
>>80931108
No. MCU movies and shows take place at real time. DD is after Winter Soldier.
>>
File: Blackadder.jpg (83KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Blackadder.jpg
83KB, 1024x768px
>yfw Molly and Soap get announced in the Punisher series
>>
File: Stone.jpg (89KB, 1242x708px) Image search: [Google]
Stone.jpg
89KB, 1242x708px
>>80928192
>>
New thread
>>
>>80920922
There's a scene in Alias where Jessica curses SHIELD in her house alone and gets a call from them telling her that they can hear her.

I'm sure Coulson or whatever knows what's happening but has bigger fish to fry and thinks that vigilantism is a good thing that's working (he is a bit of a Cap fan, so he'd do it himself).

But it's mostly a tone/separate markets thing.
>>
>>80928732
Who the hell is Jerry? I've only read Fractions Iron Fist and barely remember anything aside from the immortal weapons/tournament
>>
>>80931366
Well, merry Chrismas to you then
>>
File: Im no Superman.jpg (41KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
Im no Superman.jpg
41KB, 550x550px
>>80930875
mfw
Thread posts: 550
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.