[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disney adapations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: mickey dracula.png (79KB, 294x232px)
mickey dracula.png
79KB, 294x232px
So will we get the Disney Dracula before or after the Disney Frankenstein?
>>
Dracula would make for a more impressive Disney villain
>>
File: Dracula.jpg (31KB, 297x400px) Image search: [Google]
Dracula.jpg
31KB, 297x400px
Disney reboots for the literary counterparts of the Universal Monsters when?
>Disney's "Phantom of The Opera"
>Disney's "The Invisible Man"
>also "Frankenstein", "Dracula", etc.
>>
>>80845764
>>80847428
Why?

Though Disney did knock around ideas for fRankenstein and Dracula in the 90's.
>>
>>80847555
Tell us more?
>>
>>80840947
>Disney Frankenstein
That may be difficult
https://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2011/10/24/how-universal-re-copyrighted-frankensteins-monster/
>>
>>80847639
No, you just have to go book route.
>>
File: 1375405095939.gif (121KB, 500x511px) Image search: [Google]
1375405095939.gif
121KB, 500x511px
>>80847791
Yeah let's just make a Frankenstein's monster that doesn't have bolts coming out of its neck
>>
>>80847791
Who would be the protagonist in a Disney-fied Frankenstein adaptation, Victor or The Monster? With the liberties they would've naturally be taking it could probably go either way.

Also, a Disney version of Dracula would've been comfy as fuck in the 80's/90's, traditionally animated. Van Helsing appropriately depicted as a fatherly old dutch man, Renfield becoming the equivalent to the "goofball" minion/sidekick, it could've been great.
>>
>>80848062
Remember that scene where Dracula is pissed off while waiting at the docks for his getaway ship, while wearing a straw hat described as not suiting him?
>>
>>80848062
The Monster is more sympathetic, I think.
>>
>>80847555
Is there concept art?
>>
>>80850133
I don't think it ever reached that stage. Just something they tossed around when they were interested in more mature animated movies.
>>80848062
I vote Victor. The monster being a sympathetic antagonist would've been really interesting for disney.
>>
>>80850171
The Monster as the true hero of the story, and Victor as the main character?
>>
>>80850262
I'm thinking more, Victor as the haunted main character where as the monster is this overwhelming force of hate, but you understand the root of that hate and sympathize with it.
>>
>>80850303
As long as we get a heartwarming scene or two with the innocent wide-eyed Monster near the French family's home, sounds good.
>>
>>80847791
sounds neat; the book is far superior to the univershit one
>>
>>80850171
Any plot stuff tossed around?
>>
>>80850359
>>80850303
It's funny when two people try to talk about Frankenstein when one has clearly read the book and one has clearly not...
>>
File: karloff-monster.png (322KB, 725x566px)
karloff-monster.png
322KB, 725x566px
>>80850398
The Universal films were fine as their own thing, their only crime was going full retard with their promotional stuff and misleading the public into believing "Frankenstein was The Monster" and such shit. If you consider how unique the films were for the time before their biggest strengths were parodied and plagiarized into completely generic cliches, they actually hold up pretty well (even if they very "scary" movies by modern horror standards).
>>
>>80850755
I have read the book. And the creature was pretty heartwarming in the first few paragraphs of his story-within-a-story that he makes Victor listen to when he catches up with him.

Victor was a terrible terrible parent.
>>
Considering Universal is rebooting them all in another "shared universe", best we can hope for is some DTV movies.
>>
>>80851528
Bah!
Truely unfortunate.
>>
>>80851608

For you, maybe. I can't wait for the remake of Creature From the Black Lagoon. He's my second favorite movie monster.
>>
>>80851627
And your favorite, dear turtle?
>>
>>80851675

Godzilla.

.......Turtle?
>>
>>80851765
You remind me of a turtle. A cute little ridiculous looking turtle.
>>
>>80852045

Oh. Alright then.

>kids in grade school always said I reminded them of Filburt from Rocko's Modern Life

Huh.
>>
>>80848062
Damn, now I want this
>>
File: Young-frankenstein_poster.jpg (2MB, 1039x1629px) Image search: [Google]
Young-frankenstein_poster.jpg
2MB, 1039x1629px
>>80851480
>Victor was a terrible terrible parent.

Indeed. It's for this reason that I think Mel Brooks' "Young Frankenstein" best understands the moral of "Frankenstein".

In "Frankenstein", Victor Frankenstein creates intelligent life, only to reject it because he thinks it's ugly and that he fears it might spawn a race of corpse-people if it's allowed to reproduce. As a result, the creature harbors an intense hatred toward Victor and murders everyone close to him.

In "Young Frankenstein", Frederick Fronkensteen realizes that he has effectively brought a baby into the world and does his best to care for it and try to get it accustomed to the outside world, as well as the outside world accustomed to it (only for it to backfire badly). In the end, he sacrifices some of his own intellect in order to counteract the adverse effects of the creature's abnormal brain, thus ensuring that the creature is no longer feared by the populace and that the creature can become a well-adjusted person.
>>
>>80856128
Why?
When you want a thread to live on, you start adding content yourself instead of just sitting back and bumping the thread while hoping someone else will do it.

It's kinda the entire point.
>>
Disney are ridiculous conservative and afraid to do anything that might challenge their 100% absolutely G-rated family friendly image.

So in short, what they need to do is make an R-rated Mickey vampire move with Booberella chicks everywhere, graphic violence, and at least three rape scenes.
>>
>>80856223
/thread
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.