[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

They made this for SW because everyone wanted it. Coming out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

They made this for SW because everyone wanted it. Coming out of SW we have 2 Spider-men in the main earth. Why not bring the marriage back, since they have Miles to tell all the un-married young spider story's now, and Peter could show how he balances his marriage and have a child, Instead we got Peter as a shitty Tony Stark lite in Japan, and Miles who doesn't seem to have a role

oh we also got the Regent to
>>
>first issue is called "the reason we can't have nice things"
>as in WE ARE VENOM
>>
>>80778049
There is still time to finally let this happen. It could be one of the best stories of Peter giving his company to Tony who is broke anyway right now. And then Peter going to being with Mary Jane... More stories like Renew your Vows and Peter and Miles fighting daemons to win.
>>
>>80778049
Cans someone story-time this beautiful story?
>>
File: 1433632349069.jpg (872KB, 1600x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1433632349069.jpg
872KB, 1600x1036px
Why is peter never allowed to be happy?
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 432x398px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 432x398px
>>80778049
I didn't think the story was that great but yeah I've got to agree. I mean what is even the fucking point of Miles beyond being the diversity mascot? I was hoping having another bachelor Spider-Man would mean Peter could leave that hole but I guess not.
>>
>The only thing Slott brings to 616 is his awful villain OC
I expect nothing and I'm still disappointed. Screw you Slott.
>>
>>80778236
Peter's doing a lot better now than he was before OMD.

>before OMD
>Peter's identity public knowledge
>Peter switched sides during Civil War like a retard
>everyone gunning for him, both villains and pro-reg heroes
>him, MJ and Aunt May on the run
>Aunt May shot by the Kingpin
>Peter committing several felonies to get May into a better hospital
>on the verge of committing his first murder
>Harry Osborn is dead

>after OMD
>Peter has a doctorate and a successful international company (thanks to Otto taking his body for a joyride)
>has banged two sexy Asian women
>has two other Spider-guys holding down the fort in New York
>Aunt May is healthy and happily married
>Harry Osborn is alive
>>
>>80778049
>Marvel and Slott promised that parts of RYV would carry over after Secret Wars
>It was fucking shitty Regent
I really want Slott off Spider-Man.
>>
>>80778612
They never specified what would be carried over.
>>
>>80778673
I know, but going for the shitty OC Regent instead of the only reason people bought the damn book pisses me off.

>Slott will have been writing Spider-Man through three different movie chains if he's still on in 2017
>Kids will have grown up with Slott being on Spider-Man for almost all time
>Slott will be a "definitive and iconic" Spider-Man writer
I'm so fucking mad
>>
>>80778430
Did they even follow up on that since? Last time I seen Regent was when he killed off all the joke villains, but I haven't seen him mentioned after that.
>>
>>80778850
Yeah, he appeared pretending to be a hero, forgot where
>>
>>80778453
He also know his dick fucked a midget
>>
>>80778049
>They made this for SW because everyone wanted it.
Wrong.
>>
>>80778453
Too bad he lost the best squeeze, Black Cat
>>
>>80779415
They destroyed that character
>>
>>80778049
Going by all Brevoort answered about it these years, it's a matter of permanent status quo. Marriage is something that can't be easily reversed without having the character look bad. It's diferent than the doctorate and Parker Industries because the last two have easy ways to be reversed and Brevoort actually expects both to dissapear once Slott is gone. It all depends on what's the general idea of the character and what the general public expects of them. People still expect a young unlucky hero from Peter so they try their best to keep him that way.
>>
>>80778453
all the pre-list is after Civil War.
>>
>>80779460
But he hasn't been very unlucky recently, hes rich and president of his own company
>>
>>80779512
give it time...
>>
>>80778236
Because if he is someone shows up to curbstomp the avengers, instill martial law, and Peter not being married could have prevented that.
Also, if he's married he has a shitty kid called anime instead of Mayday
>>
>>80779512
Being downgraded from Peter Parker to Tony Stark doesn't seem like being unlucky to you?
>>
>>80778049
Was the book even good?
>>
>>80780539
Not great. It didn't make me want to puke with rage most of the time so that's... you know. Better.
>>
>>80780539
Peter saved the day with a dad-joke.
>>
>>80780539
It was garbage
Not as bad as most of Slott's stuff, but still bad

I forget how it was delivered, but MJ delivered a shitty "I'm not a superhero, I'm a MOM" type line as if it was supposed to be badass
It was so bad
>>
>>80780754
>>80780753
>>80780596
>>80780539
What battle world books were even worth a shit if that's the case?
>>
>>80778749
Dude makes OMD look good.
>>
>>80782176
Some people liked the Thors-as-police-force books as I recall
>>
>>80778749
>Slott will be a "definitive and iconic" Spider-Man writer
Anon, you have to write a story that's worth repeating for that to happen.
What Slott story is worth repeating and defines Peter/Spidey?
Peter as Tony Stark?
Vampires kill Spiders?
Peter's long-lost Asian spider-sister?
Otto as Spidey?
New York is Spider-man?

And Peter's 'core cast' (the ones who appear on TV and in movies) barely exists under Slott's pen
>>
>>80782477
You can't just ignore a decade's worth of writing though
>>
>>80783169
Marvel has successfully managed to ignore almost 60 years of character development, so...
>>
>>80783169
Marvel's ignored... what was it, 15 years of MJ and Pete being married?

Slott's sat on Pete's book the longest, but that doesn't mean he's made any meaningful contributions that will reverberate through the ages, it just means that Pete has ANOTHER 10 years of shitty stories
>>
>>80783255
>>80783444
Nice digits

But Marvel's been pushing Slott as the next coming of Jesus. I'm just scared
>>
>>80778049
>Miles who doesn't seem to have a role
Miles role is that he's teenaged Peter if he was a black millennial.

>>80778749
Sadly at this point to expect anything other than Slott's OC's having top priority in his Spidey books is unrealistic.
>>
>>80783169
Everyones pretty much forgot about Howard Mackie's run at this point and he wrote Spidey for nearly 10 years.
>>
>>80783581
It's not gonna stick. NONE of his ideas have stuck. His stories, through their very nature, have no impact on Peter Parker himself, and, as such, can be ignored. If you took Peter from the beginning of BND and plopped him into the All New All Different Amazing series, he'd do the exact same things he's doing now
>>
>>80778274
Name a better eye color for Peter than bright hazel.

Seriously, those eyes look into your soul.
>>
>>80782176
Ghost Racers was the only good book that came out of it.
>>
>>80785836
And Infinity Gauntlet.
>>
>>80778049
Every time these fucking spider-marriage threads come up, I understand how the dc people feel.

Let it fucking go. It really was not as good as a couple choice panels make it seem.
>>
>>80786869
But it was
>>
>>80786869
Spider-Man and MJ is up there with Lois and Superman, and you're going to say that "It really was not as good as a couple choice panels make it seem?" Nigga.
>>
>>80783169
Put it this way, how much do you really remember about 1970's Spider-Man after Gerry Conway left?
>>
>>80785836
Ghost Racers was pretty boring and had terrible art. There were a lot better books to come out of SW.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.