[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Megan even a female?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 16

File: image.jpg (105KB, 750x827px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 750x827px
Is Megan even a female?
>>
>>80740283
Yes.

She is extremely kawaii*, by White Martian standards.

*Kawaii means cute.
>>
>>80740283
She's an alien, so "male" and "female" are not going the same thing as it does for Earth organisms.
>>
>>80740283

She's an alien and a shape shifter. Physical gender probably means nothing to her.

Maybe it's all mental for martians? They are all telepaths so it's not like it would be hard for them to tell.
>>
>>80740283
Hello Megan!
>>
>>80740467
What did she mean by this?
>>
What the fuck OP. Just because her norshkreps are a little small doesn't mean she isn't a woman. How incredibly rude of you.
>>
>>80740283
If Megan was a white martian why didn't she look white instead of green in human form?.
>>
>>80741617
>tfw her caucasian skin color as a human is her natural skin color
>>
>>80741617
Isnt she half white/green? Thats how i explained it to myself. They cant change color of their Martian true self unless they are that color.
>>
>>80741617
because that's not how she sees herself. she is ashamed to be a white martian (whom have a shitty reputation as is) and took on a form that she felt most comfortable with
>>
File: YoungJustice.jpg (127KB, 1024x732px) Image search: [Google]
YoungJustice.jpg
127KB, 1024x732px
Just finished Season 1. Does it get better in Season 2? I heard some mixed reactions, some say it's good and some say it's worse.

I kind of liked how they handled the 'powerlevels' in the series.
>>
>>80741679
>whom have a shitty reputation as is
I'm pretty sure that young justice cut out the part about white martans being war hungry violate savages
>>
>>80741679
>whom have a shitty reputation as is
Weren't they war-mongering violent fucks?
>>
>>80741123
Norshlets, when will they learn?
>>
>>80741788
Not in young justice
>>
>>80741764
I personally like season 2 just as much

They certainly did something different with it
>>
>>80740283
Oh god, you can't just ask if someone is female, it's 2016 FFS.
She's genderfluid.
>>
>>80741860
I tried watching the first episode of the second season and can't even finish the first five minutes. I really like the team dynamic in the first season. It kind of got too crowded and how Megan cucks Superboy.

I'm not even a shipper and feel kind of bad for Superboy.
>>
>>80741893
I couldn't stop watching the second season, I wanted to learn what happened to all the old characters. I think the time skip was a bold choice

Superboy is too good for Megan, he deserves better
>>
>>80740283

>TFW Martians have 19 genders and can change into any of them
>>
>>80741779
Yeah, the show just left it at oppressed minority.

There could have been an interesting bit of becoming what you hate if she mentions the White Martians are brutal fuckers so that her own thuggish use of her powers is a sign that she's giving in to the WM stereotype.
>>
>>80741764
>>80741893
I agree that the second season craps on a lot of the team dynamic that made season one work so well, which is why I think it's an overall step down.

That's not to say the second season out and out sucks -- it still has a lot of the same charm, but it spreads itself too thin between a bunch of new faces that don't get enough development to make them worth the screen time they're eating up. It was pretty clearly a case of the writers or the DC big wigs deciding to rope in as many fans as possible by throwing all of these fan favorites in the mix.

For instance, I was really glad to see Wonder Girl, but all she really did was fangirl about superheroics. I never got to know her as a person.

The only newcomers who amount to anything are Blue Beetle, Impulse and maybe Lagoon Boy. The rest are decoration.
>>
>>80741987
I like the feeling of all the heroes though. There was so much variety, but it really felt like they were all full characters, even if they didn't focus on all of them. It felt like a world full of interesting supers.

Plus we got motha fucking Static, the true tragedy of no season 3 is not seeing more of him
>>
>>80742008
But how much did Bumblebee or Mal or Bat-Girl or Robin or Beast Boy really add to anything that was going on?

Bumblebee and Mal were going through relationship drama that seemed second fiddle to the love triangle. Bat-Girl and Robin could have been an interesting study in how each one lives up to Bruce's training and reputation, but the Bat-brats are mostly interchangeable. (I think Tim was only around to set up a dead Robin after Dick so they could do Red Hood in S3) Beast Boy really only exists to reinforce the idea that Queen Bee is evil, at which point he becomes a generic "big gun" by transforming into elephants or apes with little to no dialogue. I already touched on Wonder Girl not doing much either.

Most of the newbies were totally unnecessary, and the shoe would have been better off without them so as to focus on a core cast again instead of a sprawling ensemble.
>>
>>80742039
They added in the sense that the world felt real. Everyone had their own thing going on but the plot kept moving forward and focused mostly on what mattered. But small touches like those characters helped add little bits of personality here and there. It felt like you could take any character and do something interesting with them if you wanted.

It's just personal preference. I like the strong team dynamic in season 1 too but I enjoyed the changed of pace they did for season 2. Both were good for different reasons I thought.
>>
>>80741906
>he deserves better
He deserves Tim.
>>
>>80741779
>>80741788
Normally yeah, and in Justice League when they went full War of the Worlds. In Young Justice, they seem to get painted as more of an oppressed underclass by the Green Martians. So either they aren't warlike in this universe, or the greens haven't pushed them far enough for bloody rebellion yet.
>>
>>80742830
Weisman really didn't think through the whole "oppressed underclass" racism angle and how that relates to M'gann deciding she didn't want to be a minority anymore and just pretended to be a Greenie so that she could gain more acceptance
And that was somehow okay

Imagine if an African American character pretended to be white, and no one pointed out how fucked up that was

Why didn't Tumblr protest against this show?
>>
>>80741117
"I have no personality so I'll use one from the videos my uncle John gave me"
>>
>>80743086
>Why didn't Tumblr protest against this show?
Because they are hypocrites and Superboy got their panties all gooshy
>>
>>80743086
>Why didn't Tumblr protest against this show?
Probably because White Martians are fucking ugly.

Imagine how it would have been if Miss Martian actually did spend the rest of the show like that.
>>
>>80743216
I wonder if Superboy and her did it when she went all white martian
>>
>>80743086
Because Megan identifies as Green Martian-kin you shitlord
>>
File: pol's greatest nightmare.jpg (466KB, 1280x1992px) Image search: [Google]
pol's greatest nightmare.jpg
466KB, 1280x1992px
>>80741779
No, in this version, they were treated like utter shit. Reds are technically the most superior, but discrimination against Whites was carried by Greens and Reds alike.
>>
>>80743086
Because being not just a Green Martian, but Megan Morse, was how she really saw herself as and identified. It actually worked for a lot of tumblrites as a metaphor for being transgender.
>>
>>80743445
But why
>>
File: image.jpg (156KB, 800x615px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156KB, 800x615px
>>80741779
>>80741788
Reminder Martians are only in different colors with a clear drive to war against themselves because the Guardians were afraid of Martians becoming too powerful.

Reminder that all Guardians other than Ganthet and Sayd saw their near extinction as a good thing.
>>
>>80743490
Considering how crazy they got when that white woman claimed to be "transracial", that just seems hypocritical
>>
>>80743783
It was for the better, because before the guardians intervened the entire Martian species were war hungry savage fighting machines
>>
How does /co/ feel about Mars not being fucked over like it is in usual DC continuity?
Superman already has the whole "muh dead planet" thing going on, so I feel like having mars be in it's golden age could still bring up rich story opportunities.
>>
>>80743820
The problem is the Guardians usually solve a problem with lies, genocide or at least a high bodycount, lies, which all results in a bigger problem they think they can ignore, and finally yelling at the closest human lantern. Who tends to fix said problem and get yelled at more for it.
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 339x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 339x500px
>>80743832
Ironically, in golden age comics the Martians were still active. Superman had adventures with them.

When the silliness ws toned down for the silver age, Martians were rewritten as all destroyed but the new character Martian Manhunter.

Megan was added later.
>>
>>80744011
Really glad Sinestro murdered them all.
>>
>>80743832
It makes J'onn being on Earth a bit strange.
>>
>>80741617
Aren't white martians usually evil or something? She probably wanted to be morel like Martian Manhunter so she masqueraded as a green martian.
>>
>>80741869
>Oh god, you can't just ask if someone is female, it's 2016 FFS.

But I thought you were supposed to ask for people's preferred pronouns? This is all so confusing...
>>
>>80741666
She didn't change her "true self". On Mars since everyone can read minds there's no point trying to disguise yourself.
>>
>>80744286
Maybe he stayed on Earth so long after the teleporter incident that he got used to it and liked living there.
>>
>>80745004
eh, back in the day, a Martians form was based on their ideology. White Martians all look the same because they're evil
>>
>>80746252
Wait how did this worked? Would a White Martian who gets redeemed become green? Would a Green Martian that turns evil become white?
>>
DUDE RACISM IS BAD M'KAY?
>>
>>80740425
Well im pretty sure Martian Man hunter had a wife when he lived on mars so it's very similar to earth.
>>
File: jesus christ how horrifying.jpg (110KB, 658x658px) Image search: [Google]
jesus christ how horrifying.jpg
110KB, 658x658px
>>80740283
Does it even matter? She looks like an abomination that only a retard would love.
>>
is the one from Supergirl a female?
>>
File: illegal aliens - what.jpg (18KB, 246x200px) Image search: [Google]
illegal aliens - what.jpg
18KB, 246x200px
>>80745004
So she is basically a black person that bleached/painted herself white and "became" a white person? That is white martian racism at its finest.
>>
>>80743086
>Imagine if an African American character pretended to be white, and no one pointed out how fucked up that was
The black community certainly would. Especially in the poorer black communities where they will hate and badmouth you for doing well in school and attempting to be successful in life without resorting to crime.
>>
>>80748160
I don't think martian races are biologically comparable to earth races.
>>
>>80743783
Not to mention the fact that they known about Krypton's death and allowed it to happen for the greater good of the universe.
>>
>>80741117
It was a catchphrase from a 70's sitcom that she used to watch to fit in with earthlings. The main character on that show was popular and therefore Mgann adopted her personality. Fitting in was an extremely important aspect to human life for Mgann because, due to her being a white martian, she was always vilified or treated as an outcast.

This is why she was always so bubbly, she wanted the attention and the camaraderie that she did not have back on Mars. Hopefully I cleared this up for you.
>>
>>80743832
Yeah, I'm not a fan of them having so much overlap, not just in background but in powers too. I always liked how JLU focused on his "Vision" abilities more than anything.

Regarding the Martians I like the idea of them being nearly extinct, there's about a couple thousand of them, but not Jonn is literally the last.
>>
File: Passing.png (268KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
Passing.png
268KB, 375x500px
>>80743086
>Imagine if an African American character pretended to be white
This is actually a subject that comes up pretty often in American literature, as well as in our history.
>>
>>80749476
it is best when depictions of the martian focus on his non-redundant-with-superman powers, i agree.
even like, if you said his strength and flight were functions of the density shifting, that would make him seem less OP
>>80748989
I wish people understood this better. she was a fantastic character. a totally believable teen immigrant. people couldnt see past their surface reaction to her antics.
>>80748290
this.
>>80743086
yet also, this. weisman doesnt usually think through his progressivism because he's really a backwoods old man at heart.
>>
>>80743664
Why were people on Earth oppressed because of their skin color? Because they are "different".
>>
>>80748313
Maybe not but that's >>80748160
the closest analogy
>>
>>80740283
>female
Nigga, it's a scary-ass xeno. Who cares if it's female? So long as it has a hole that can be lubricated, it can be any gender it wants.
>>
>>80740393
>>>/a/
And never come back
>>
File: Dorothy 33 (Reaction).png (11KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
Dorothy 33 (Reaction).png
11KB, 160x160px
>>80740283
I don't care. I just care if its cute. I mean, I'm sure I'll find a hole somewhere.
>>
>>80748102
People are watching Supergirl?
>>
File: Mah nigga, aw shit.jpg (84KB, 598x540px) Image search: [Google]
Mah nigga, aw shit.jpg
84KB, 598x540px
>>80753952
That's the spirit!

In brightest slit, in darkest cervix,
No xeno shall be left unserviced,
Let those who cling to Terran muff,
Beware muh fetish,
Sweet Xeno Stuff!
>>
File: new hybrids dcu.png (559KB, 800x288px) Image search: [Google]
new hybrids dcu.png
559KB, 800x288px
>>80746477
something like that
also, White Martians lay eggs... and they can insert human DNA into them
COMICS!
>>
File: 1455313216675.gif (795KB, 245x168px) Image search: [Google]
1455313216675.gif
795KB, 245x168px
>>80754320
How long did it take you to right that?
>>
File: mm.png (155KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
mm.png
155KB, 640x360px
>>80740283
She'll be whatever you want.
>>
>>80743445
fuckin whiteys stealing all our pure innocent red and green women
>>
>>80754320
Thank you for taking the time to craft a proper rhyme and meter for your GL Oath parody. You're a cool guy.
>>
>>80755504
'Bout 5-10 minutes.
>>80755765
Anytime, mate. If it has to do with alien women and the GL oath, I always put in effort.
>>
I really want there to be an event where the GL corps have to turn into nazis and wipe all martians off the face of the universe so that the universe can be safe and pure.

And everyone in the goes full 40k and starts curb stomping all the martians and a parade is thrown on their corpses
>>
>>80754872

son of vulcan was wasted
>>
>>80755572
The sex with lagoon boy would have been hotter
>>
>>80743783
Based
>>
id still fug
>>
>>80756107
What do you mean, 'turn into'? Do you want them to be like, triple Nazis?
>>
>>80740443
>Physical gender probably means nothing to her.
No. It's definitely something. She had trouble shifting into a boy in season one.
>>
>>80757567
Hell yeah WE NEED GAS THOSE GREEN,WHITE, AND RED SPACE JEWS WITH FIRE
>>
The Martians are literally the coolest Aliens DC ever came up with. How the fuck can Kryptonians even compare?
>>
File: buhbuhnuhsubgub.jpg (33KB, 285x267px) Image search: [Google]
buhbuhnuhsubgub.jpg
33KB, 285x267px
>>80753925
Be nice to Ronnie, Anon!
>>
>>80743086
I am black and i would rather be white.

Not like i can change that, though.
>>
>>80759130
>I am black and i would rather be white.
Race traitor.
>>
So who is Megan gonna date now?
>>
>>80760658
Zatanna
>>
>>80760658
Megan doesn't like females tho. Otherwise Queen bee would've been able to control her.
>>
>>80753925
>being this new
>>
>>80744286
He could just see starro about to fuck up earth and realize if he doesn't stop it there, he could fuck up mars too if you need a good reason
or maybe something like >>80745819
said
>>
>>80759130
>Not like i can change that, though.
If Michael Jackson managed it, you too can anon!
Never give up on your dreams!
>>
>>80743086
You do realize "passing" was and still is a thing right?
>>
>>80749476
well he was kinda a super-standin back in the silver age, but I still agree with you %100
>>
File: perfection.png (84KB, 252x237px) Image search: [Google]
perfection.png
84KB, 252x237px
>>80754320
terran fags btfo
>>
>>80752474
>written by a mixed woman that didn't actually "pass"

It's a stupid subject
>>
>>80740283
I didn't care for Miss Martian until they started introducing more fucked up elements like her callus misuse of powers and all. RIP real Megan tho.
>Probes Superboy's thoughts.
>Shifts into Tim during sex
>Supes wrecks the boipussy anyway
>Neither of them can look Tim in the eye afterwards.
Maybe it should be drawn...
Maybe I should draw it
>>
>>80761069
No passing is not "still a thing". If you look white you are white, if you think otherwise then you're a faggot.
>>
>>80761662
>Passing
>Not a thing

http://www.dailycal.org/2016/02/29/rich-and-white-passing/

Hell asia is flooded with products made to make people look white,

Weaves, skin bleach, hair acid...
>>
>>80761662
The chick that played Quake on AOS literally only got her job because she changed her name and passed for white.

Jessica Alba did the same shit.
>>
I don't see how people thought they were just sweeping Miss Martian's invasive mindfuckery under the rug in season 2. I just re-watched the series and it was clear that it was going to be a major plot point later on.
>>
>>80761741
Source?
>>
>>80761718
I assure you that the geishas of japan did not white their faces to attempt to look like europeans

whiteness of skin was revered because you were thought to be of a class that didn't need to work the fields. Asians wanting to have light skin doesn't mean they want to pass as Caucasian people.
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.