[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toby Maguire was the best Peter Andrew Garfield was the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10

File: 3504505-6685084101-the-s.jpg (801KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3504505-6685084101-the-s.jpg
801KB, 1440x1080px
Toby Maguire was the best Peter
Andrew Garfield was the best Spider-Man
Spectacular Spider-Man was simply the best.
>>
>Tobey Maguire was the best Peter
>I have literally never picked up a single Spider-Man comic in my life
>>
>>80733663
>implying... um...

Actually, what are you implying?
>>
>>80733663
I've read every Spider-Man comic, he was a great Peter, but a shitty Spider-Man
>>
>>80733663
>I wish every adaptation was only a glib facsimile of the source material and nothing more

. . .
>>
I'm tired of hearing people say Tobey Maguire was a good anything. Inky thing he was good at was looking like a beta, that's it
>>
>>80733925
>I prefer my adaptations to be in name only

. . .
>>
>>80733925
>>80734241
>not realizing that the best adaptations are the ones that distill the best parts of the source material
>>
>>80733944
>Spider-Man
>being a wimp
Do tell.
>>
Tobey was an okay Peter Parker. His Spider-Man was a little weak, but a lot of people forget that he was playing the Lee/Ditko Spider-Man in 1 and the Lee/Romita in 2. Spider-Man was filled with self doubt and whiny as hell during that period. Maguire actually pulled off the character really well in Spider-Man 2, I thought.

I think most people saying he was a bad Spider-Man were looking for elements of the character that were added later. I -will- say that his delivery on certain lines fall absolutely flat, but he's head and shoulders over James Franco.

Kristen Dunst did alright as Mary Jane, but really all her scenes required was for her to stand there with hard nipples tearing through her dress.
>>
File: 1433174916639.jpg (87KB, 500x757px) Image search: [Google]
1433174916639.jpg
87KB, 500x757px
>>80734472
>were looking for elements of the character that were added later.
>>
>>80733588
90's Spider-man was better , it perfectly caught how much it sucks to be Spider-man. But you gotta do it any way.
>>
File: park a pizza.jpg (204KB, 790x938px) Image search: [Google]
park a pizza.jpg
204KB, 790x938px
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 629x927px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 629x927px
>>80734518

Vindictive Peter showed up like, how many times in the early years?

Admit it, a vast majority of pages of ASM's first decade looked like this.
>>
>>80733588
>Spectacular Spider-Man was simply the best.

Not the best artstyle. Also the theme song was terrible.
>>
This guy has clearly never read Superior Spiderman. Doc Ock made a, dare I say it...Superior Spiderman, AND Peter Parker. Well..okay, he did slip a bit near the end. Nevertheless, up until that point he did a pretty dimmadang good job. Doc Ock/Anna maria OTP.
>>
>>80735182
Denial is not good for your health.
>>
>>80735182
Grow taste, SpOck-tard. Superior was trash.
>>
File: 1437049873708.png (302KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
1437049873708.png
302KB, 768x576px
>>80735182
he was shit from start to finish
>>
>>80735451
:( Alright, fine. But you have the admit, the costume was really neat looking. I've been tempted to start reading Ultimate. Do you have any recommendations on decent SM comics? What about Spider-Gwen? Thoughts?
>>
>>80735182
FUCK off Dan Slott.
>>
>>80736063
Geez. Chill. I just really liked the storyline, cliche' as it may have been with the whole' Mind switch' thing. Spidey recommendations? Anyone?
>>
File: SSM Black Cat2.jpg (21KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
SSM Black Cat2.jpg
21KB, 853x480px
>>
>>80735182
deleting Peter was retarded, both a retarded decision for SpOck to make and a retarded decision for Slott to make. Everything after that destroyed any credibility the story had
>>
File: mirrored body language.gif (1MB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
mirrored body language.gif
1MB, 500x278px
>>80736194
>>
>>80736216
True. For a little while there I had assumed Peter was going to serve as a form of conscience.
>>
>>80735994
Spider-Gwen started neat, but has kinda gotten lost in itself. Instead of being a loud, brash, and in your face Spider-Man book, it has gotten lost in some really crappy attempts at world building.

If you liked Superior, you'd probably like the rest of Dan Slott's run. You can either start when he went solo on the title with Big Time (Amazing Spider-Man 648) or go back to when he was on rotation with a few other writers (ASM 546, AKA Brand New Day).

Granted, Brand New Day has a lot of hits and a lot of misses. But it's about as "back to basics" as Spider-Man has been since the 80s.

The original Ultimate Spider-Man is fantastic. There's a pretty big split after Miles Morales takes over. Some people love him, others don't. I personally think that he's pretty poorly characterized and so doesn't really have an interesting story to tell.

If you want my recommendation, start with JMS's Amazing Spider-Man (vol 2, #30) and go on from there. JMS was where I started and I loved it. You'll hear that sentence a lot with people though.

A lot of people enjoy Slott and I get it, they're (for the most part) creative stories and I think Slott's good at coming up with fun twists and turns for the characters. Unfortunately, he's proven lately that he has lost the technical ability to tell those twists and turns competently without a lot of issues with story structure. Slott might have entertaining ideas, but he lacks the chops to execute them in a way that is becoming of a professional writer.
>>
>>80736194
>>80736244
Fuck, I really wanted to see what their chemistry was going to turn into after she "lost" her dad to him in prison.

Either way, it's a far better conflict than "YOU HIT ME! I'M EEEEVIL NOW!".
>>
>>80736273
I've always felt the run would have gone better if SpOck was a true gestalt personality, who had both an Inner Peter and an inner Otto acting as shoulder angels
not literally egging him on at every turn, but that he had no strong bias towards picking 'what would Otto do' over 'what would Peter do' and vice versa
>>
>>80736432
I just started reading Ultimate online. I swear, if Peter hadn't been bitten by that radioactive spider, he may have very well gone full Columbine on his classmates.
>>
File: TASM2.webm (3MB, 960x400px) Image search: [Google]
TASM2.webm
3MB, 960x400px
>>
>>80733898
That Toby was a shit Peter.
>>
File: brendan_spideyfever_202.jpg (250KB, 750x1175px) Image search: [Google]
brendan_spideyfever_202.jpg
250KB, 750x1175px
>>80735994
Peter Parker, Spectacular Spider-Man is pretty solid
Marvel Knights Spider-Man, Spider-Man Blue, Death of Jean deWolfe, and Kraven's Last Hunt are all pretty renowned stories.

like anon said, JMS Spider-Man is also highly lauded
a bit post OMD was a saga known as Gauntlet, which led into Grim Hunt. Great run, best read after Kraven's Last Hunt.

in terms of other spiders, Arana is a fun run, Bendis's Spider-Woman is actually one of the books the schmuck did good on, Spider-Man 2099 is great, Spider-Girl (MC2 universe) is quite popular. the relationship between Peter and his daughter is also a main subplot in Earth-X. Scarlet Spider with Kaine is also a great run, best read after Big Time and Spider Island just so you're up to speed on stuff.
the main Spider-Verse book is pretty meh, but the team-up side book and oneshots were great.

If you feel like some great art and cool ideas marred by hilariously stilted dialogue, check out Spider-Man Fever
>>
File: 1446746822663.jpg (60KB, 500x509px) Image search: [Google]
1446746822663.jpg
60KB, 500x509px
>>80737354
He was like that in 616 too
>>
>>80737636
Toby was great man, He nailed the pain and sadness of the character while for ever remaining completely symathetic
>>
>>80737662
Jesus. So many comics to read. So little time. Why'd I have to start out reading them this late? ;_;
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.