[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Shitty artists that aren't shitty people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: robliefeld.jpg (44KB, 250x301px) Image search: [Google]
robliefeld.jpg
44KB, 250x301px
ITT: Shitty artists that aren't shitty people
>>
What about that time he picked a fight with Snyder because his DC books weren't selling?
>>
Some people will tell you that he's a shitty person, and that you're all falling for a meme.

Well, to that, I say: You're all falling for a meme, and he's not a shitty artist.

His work looks shitty when it's colored digitally, but it looks serviceable (and even has a certain naive charm) when colored traditionally.
>>
>>80665098
He was right though.

Snyder was acting like Snyder's sales come from Snyder's talent, but Liefeld was pointing out that Batman really sells because he's Batman, and that non-Batman characters don't sell because they aren't Batman.
>>
>>80665195

Not that Snyder is my favorite writer but Batman was not selling nearly as well or consistent before Snyder.
>>
>>80665195
He had no reason to act so shitty towards Snyder who is, by all records, one of the nicest guys in the business.
>>
>>80665399
It wasn't as high as Snyder's, but in the 90's Batman used to be considered the "consistent" selling title that people used to estimate sales based on.
>>
>>80665065
No, he's a shitty person too. All that nice guy shit at cons was just that, a con
>>80665195
Yeah it's not like Liefeld was just picking fight with anyone who was around

Oh wait, that's EXACTLYwhat he did.
>>
>>80665473
You be the judge.

07/2009: Batman #688 -- 83,040
07/2010: Batman #701 -- 76,398
07/2011: Batman #712 -- 51,385
07/2012: Batman #11 -- 127,210
>>
He's been OK in my book ever since he entered Penny Arcade's "pose like a Liefeld character" contest and got disqualified for drawing extra pouches on himself in Photoshop.

He Is delightfully self aware.
>>
>>80665473
It still is. Batman is given a rank of 100 and all other comics are indexed according to Batman.

e.g. here are last month's sales:
http://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/597?articleID=175761

>>80665432
And we hear that Liefeld is one of the nicest guys in the business too.

I guess we're wrong about one (or both) of them, but since we don't know about their non-Twitter interactions then it's silly and fruitless for us to speculate on which.
>>
>>80665065
Looks like he has brain damage.
>>
>>80665473
You do know the 90s ended 16 years ago... Right?
>>
>>80665673

Wasn't he often called "The Idiot" around the Marvel offices?

I honestly never could grasp how he became such a huge name.
>>
>>80665399
Pretty much everything at DC got a sales bump with the New 52.

Snyder on Detective Comics had lower sales than Nicieza on Batman.

>20 Batman 713 $2.99 DC 51,760
>37 Detective Comics 881 $3.99 DC 39,729
>>
>>80665726
>I honestly never could grasp how he became such a huge name.
Popularity has nothing to do with quality.

After all, Marvel and DC are still the biggest and most popular publishers, aren't they?
>>
>>80665473

I meant more in the last five or so years and as >>80665565

shows it did fluctuate quite a bit over that time.

It has not once dipped below 100000 since Snyder took over.

It being Batman might help but Snyder's work on Black Mirror gave his run the anticipating, and then the fact that more casual fans eat his writing up like chocolate cake is what made the book a seller.
>>
>>80665685
And Batman became a high selling title in the 00's. Keep up here.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.