[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT Non Canon elseworlds stories.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

File: The Killing Joke.jpg (682KB, 1280x1927px) Image search: [Google]
The Killing Joke.jpg
682KB, 1280x1927px
ITT Non Canon elseworlds stories.
>>
I'm enjoying this meme. Shows how many people don't have reading comprehension.
>>
Well, Yeah?
It really was non-canon.

However, that didn't stop DC from taking it's influence and applying it to the canon. Babs getting crippled, Joker's 'Red Hood' story.
>>
>>80580408
Hi CamStew!
>>
boo fucking hoo
>>
>>80580408
So Babs is just a crazy bitch who pretended to be cripple?
>>
>>80580530
Nope she was still crippled.
>>
So was Barbara's PTSD and Crippling just all psychosomatic?
>>
>>80580573
Haven't read it, care to explain?
>>
>>80580606
She was shot and paralyzed but it wasn't the joker.
>>
>>80580628
The fuck is the point of bringing it out of Canon then?
>>
>>80580661
Appeasing all the NuBabs fans.
>>
>>80580530
>>80580573
>>80580592
>>80580628
There is no explanation for what happened instead because it was intentionally ambiguous and up to interpretation. In other words, CamStew couldn't actually retcon The Killing Joke so he made a half-hearted attempt at it to win SJ points on twitter, and everyone else will ignore it.
>>
>>80580628
How was she unparalyzed? Is Cass and Steph's time as batgirl canon? I haven't been paying attention to the bats since 2011.
>>
>>80580661
Because it's a story that symbolizes the end of Barbara Gordon as Batgirl?
>>
>>80580697
Cass was just recently reintroduced.
>>
>>80580698
But shes back now so who fucking cares?
>>
>>80580697
Physical therapy.
>>
>>80580727
It's not a big deal anon, it's not like the killing joke was some great Batgirl story so why should the current writers be beholden to it?
>>
>>80580698
Why can't we just move on? Have someone else take up the name? Like literally anyone else. In all seriousness I'm tired of all these characters living forever and redoing the same tired stories. I want new characters and new plots instead of reskins and bastardizations
>>
>>80580408
static shock not being on the first 48 and going to jail
black spider man not going to jail
black cat being a bitch
Galactus being full from the buffet
gay ice man.
>>
>>80580773
Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown.
>>
>>80580773
>want new characters and new plots instead of reskins and bastardizations

Sorry it's about about IP farming for movies because comics stopped being good $ in the mid 90's
>>
>>80580773
I don't see the problem with barbara gordon as Batgirl considering she hasn't been batgirl for forty years.
>>
>>80580773
No because nobody buys those fucking books.

They make a new Blue Beetle sales crash

They make Steph Batgirl sales crash

It's like nobody learned from Kyle Fuck em and Fridge em Rayner.
>>
>>80580808
I'm pretty sure Stephanie doesn't even exist in N52
>>
>>80580883
She's been back for like two years now
>>
>>80580875
No but she was Batgirl in the adaptations so she still got screen time and new fans
>>
Lol you guys are really butthurt over this, babsgirl is the best thing to happen to the character
>>
>>80580883
She came back years ago, before Cassandra. She's even in Batgirl right now, as Spoiler.
>>
>>80580875
I think it's just disappointing for people who liked her as Oracle to have to see such a hard reset.
>>
>>80580464
>Shows how many people don't read the comics they bitch about
Fixed.
>>
>>80580909
For me, I just want a reasonable timeline and aging. Bruce should be Batman Beyond old by now, or at the very least stopped being Batman. Dickbats got me excited because I thought things were actually going to change for once and then we went right back to the status quo.
>>
>>80580408
Every DC comic from before 2011.
>>
>>80580408
As a handicapped person I am offended that these white women have exploited their privilege and taken one of the few handicapped comic characters. Now who do we have left? Captain Marvel Jr in the never existing Shazam book? For people about inclusion this is very un-inclusive.
>>
>>80581009
>I don't understand how the new 52 worked
>>
>>80581073
Honestly it's funny how thorough the turnaround has been from Babsgirl being perceived as a horrible erasure of a disabled role model and sexist regression of a strong female character, to being the most feminist thing ever.

And all they did was give her a cute outfit. The comic's not feminist in the least.
>>
>>80581263
Sometimes a "Practical" outfit is all you need for some people.
>>
>>80581263
Well I guess it's how you define feminist.
>>
As simply as I can put it:

After Convergence happened, things in the DC universe were realigned. For example, the stories of certain legacy characters became lost to the main DCU (aka Earth 0), but became the foundation to another universe. All of the stories of Earth-2 (and the JSA), for instance, became embedded within the New52's Earth-2.

This essentially means that the stories are a part of the universe: they actually happened at some point in time. In Babs/Batgirl's case, it seems like the Killing Joke was removed and is now canon in another universe.

Still, what's true/untrue in a universe doesn't affect people's memories. In Titans Hunt, for example, people had to be reminded that they actually had adventures together (because those stories were confirmed to be added to Earth-0). And again, the opposite happens with the removal of stories: people remember things, but they didn't actually happen.

CamStew and the gang seem to imply that Babs was indeed paralyzed but was not shot by the Joker. As of now, they've left it up to future stories to clarify all the particulars.

But overall, it's not a terribly surprising side effect of Convergence.
>>
>>80581073
Is Frankie not good enough for you ironsides?
>>
>>80581561
You can define feminist however you want. Which is why it's nothing but a buzzword
>>
File: the feminists will lynch him.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
the feminists will lynch him.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
No one cares. Babsgirl and Harley exist in their own separate universes.
>>
>>80582093
Or it just means feminism cover many issues.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.