[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This parody of Thor is a lot better idea than Thor.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

File: Valhallen1.png (515KB, 1065x795px) Image search: [Google]
Valhallen1.png
515KB, 1065x795px
This parody of Thor is a lot better idea than Thor.
>>
>>80496164
>I've never read thor
>>
File: Val Halen.jpg (137KB, 757x1054px) Image search: [Google]
Val Halen.jpg
137KB, 757x1054px
>>80496164
Why is he so perfect?
>>
>>80496189
This is always the defense of whatever character is being criticized. You guys have accused me of not reading all sorts of comics by now.

Get a new trick you old dog.
>>
>>80496443
Let me know when you have an actual criticism of Thor then we can get real.
>>
>>80496443
Alright then, jackass. Is there a reason this "old trick" is not a legitimate argument? Have you actually read a decent amount of Thor? If you have, then surely you have an argument for why you think the way you do.

Instead of just stating an opinion like an obvious fact, how about you back it up? Justify yourself. Give us some reason to think you might be right instead of dropping your thoughts like a gorilla turd in the jungle.
>>
>>80496189
>I like this parody of Thor more than the real thing.
>>
>>80496164
I wouldn't go that far, but he's basically the epitome of what a perfect parody character should be. He just works on so many levels, all the way down to having an "axe" instead of a hammer.
>>
File: Afro Horse Angel.jpg (40KB, 300x364px) Image search: [Google]
Afro Horse Angel.jpg
40KB, 300x364px
>This parody of Thor is a lot better idea than Thor.

Well of course he is. Thor is just an already established mythological character pushed into a cape environment while Valhallen is a character specifically shaped around both capes and mythology.

Besides, surpassing Thor is a pretty easy feat anyway.
>>
File: image.jpg (175KB, 947x585px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
175KB, 947x585px
Tribute and parody characters start with the advantage of hindsight over their inspirations. They're uniquely capable of commenting on, adding to, and refining established ideas.
You don't need to dislike the source to appreciate they conceptual evolution their descendants represent
>>
>>80496419
Well, Valhallen is a great superhero name.
>>
No argument here.
>>
>>80496164
>>80496419
I'd rather he serve alongside Thor.
Thor and Valhallen teamup.
>>
>>80496164
Except the idea doesn't work without Thor existing. Or Van Halen.
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 417x575px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 417x575px
I've always been impressed by the way the Confessor clarifies Batman's character.
It starts with the name: "Confessor" can mean one who listens to the confessions of others but also one who has something to confess.
Confessor is a priest that was bitten by a vampire. By combining those two stock characters, you get a noble spirit corrupted by evil, determined to use its wicked powers to do good. Batman's desire to ensure no one else has to become like him -- someone who has lost their innocence and become a predator of criminals -- is built into the Confessor's character and refined into the shorthand of not wanting to turn anyone else into a vampire
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 600x409px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 600x409px
Beautie is a lot like the Vision, but her character incorporates a lot of shrewd commentary on gender.
Like Vision, Beautie looks for the most part like a human, except for a few small but noticeable differences. Beautie does the same while looking like a Barbie doll, inviting the reader to consider the uncanny nature of Barbie's human-like yet inhuman proportions.
>>
>>80496419
> the name
> his room leads into an entire different dimensions
> good with the ladies
> that midriff
>>
>>80498298
> Van Halen

he's the god of rock, isn't it? In universe, they could be inspired by him.
>>
>>80496543
>>80496615
I gotta agree with OP here. "you don't read comics" is such a tired reply, and it has equally little valid argument as OP's post.
>>
Bimp
>>
>>80496164
He's certainly better than Whor but that's not really hard to accomplish
>>
>>80498298
When I first saw this guy, I did not know about comic thor or Van Halen. It still works.
>>
>>80496419
My first /co/ crush.
>>
>>80499860
Viking god of rock is all you need to know.
>>
File: The_Justice_Friends.png (418KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
The_Justice_Friends.png
418KB, 640x480px
That feel when we never will have Justice Friends show
>>
Valhallen was the goat.
>>
>>80496164
Only if you're a big fan of glam rock and other assorted golden oldies trappings.
>>
>>80496164
This parody of Captain Murrica is a lot better idea than Captain Murrica.
>>
>>80500405
No, William Goat was the goat. Did you even watch the show?
>>
>>80500279

If we got it now it'd be even worse than the PPG reboot. Just be happy for what we have.
>>
>>80496443
Read a damn comic, newfag.
>>
>>80496164
I always sort of wished that CN would just make a spin off show of The Justice Friends.
>>
>>80498674
You shut your mouth, separating the true comic fans from the pretenders, females, and /co/mblrs is one of /co/'s most important duties.
>>
>>80498203
How does the Samaritan's cape even fucking work?
>>
>>80500279
Val Hallen and Major Glory are both amazing names.

I can't remember, did Major Glory have any superpowers?
>>
>>80503554
>I can't remember, did Major Glory have any superpowers?

He can fly for sure
>>
>>80503554

Some sort of eye beams. Star spangled or whatever. Forgot what they did. But he's pretty much just a Superman/Captain America hybrid.
>>
>>80496443
Read a comic
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.