[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Joseph Gordon Levitt Exits SANDMAN, Blames New Line

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6

File: A2NDhsp.png (85KB, 479x554px) Image search: [Google]
A2NDhsp.png
85KB, 479x554px
Fuck they just announced a writer and it seemed like things were going good
>>
>>80477278
Good I don't ever want this thing to limp its way to production. They'll just fuck it up. This must be how Alan Moore feels all the time
>>
>>80477278
Good, JGL is a shit actor and the whole project needs to be scrapped.
>>
>>80477278
>David Goyer

This guy needs to stop getting work related to comics.
>>
>>80477396
He should stop getting work, period. He hasn't written anything good, ever. He's the ultimate coattail rider.
>>
>>80477396
>>80477437
hes creating KRYPTON for sci fi
>>
>>80477450
He's seemingly been creating Krypton for Syfy for 1 1/2 years ... it's not happening.
>>
>>80477450
Is that even still happening? The last thing he worked on was Constantine and that got canceled.
>>
File: litterallyme.png (788KB, 396x820px) Image search: [Google]
litterallyme.png
788KB, 396x820px
>>80477278
Another Sandman project bites the dust (probably for the greater good)
>>
>>80477478
>>80477465
the last update was october 22nd
>>
>>80477396
>>80477437
also goyer co-wrote a tv pilot with kelly sue and matt fraction in development as well... best of both worlds
>>
>>80477523
Is that skinny Lobo?
>>
Well since he's only directed one movie about stroke off addiction of all things, and he's not even british (Morpheus should be played by a british actor) this is good news to me.
>>
>>80477278
JGL isn't even a good actor, he's just a well known face and name.
>>
>>80477437
Jon Peters
>>
>>80477396
He's attached to the adaptation of Dash Shaw's tremendous Doctors comic. It's going to be a show though and is probably just taking the concept alone which is actually really neat. I hope it gets made just so Shaw can get some money from it and can make some money and more comics.
>>
>>80478518
Polar Bears and Giant Spiders
>>
>>80477278
It was the writer of Final Destination 5 they announced, so the two events aren't necessarily unconnected. The man knows a shitty script from a good one.
>>
I guess that hothead finally got outta there.
>>
He reads really on board with playing Dream though.

Shame that he's leaving the project. It probably means it's going to shit.
>>
>>80479112
It probably means it's not gonna happen at all.
>>
>>80477396
No he doesnt. He was on of the early 2000s pioneers of comic book movies and all the disrespect he gets is so insulting to history
>>
I bet he left cuz WB wanted it in DCEU in Justice League Dark or wahtever
>>
JGL said in the past that he wanted the movie to be much more cerebral than the typical comic book movie, with action being a tertiary focus at best.

Yesterday they announced that the writer of Final Destination 5 will write this movie.

JGL now says that the new studio doesn't agree with his opinions on what a Sandman movie could be.

It's fucking doomed. Get ready for over the top action blockbuster Sandman that neuters the source material. League of Extraordinary Gentlemen all over again.
>>
File: free real estate.jpg (68KB, 720x552px) Image search: [Google]
free real estate.jpg
68KB, 720x552px
>an actor who knows and cares about source material to this extent

huh
>>
>>80479287
Well no, he was working under WB before, and that apparently went pretty fine. But they made all of the Vertigo adaptations go to New Line (who is also making the Shazam movie), and apparently that just didn't gel with what JGL had in mind.
It's a shame though. Even if the movie wouldn't have been as good as the comic, I still would've liked to see it.
>>
>>80479373
>Nic Cage was a big fan of Ghost Rider and lobbied for years to get the role
>>
File: deadpool.jpg (34KB, 749x421px) Image search: [Google]
deadpool.jpg
34KB, 749x421px
>>80479373
Like that would ever work.
>>
Stupid fucking movie studios and their generic "safe" films
>>
>>80479420
It didn't...
>>
>>80479307
But will it be as bad as the first (failed) script?
http://www.mtv.com/news/2602767/neil-gaiman-abandoned-sandman-adaptation/
>>
>>80477396
Oh god, I just looked it up. The guy wrote Demonic Toys.
>>
>>80478592
Oh god i forgot about the polar bears
How could i forget about the polar bears
>>
Is Goyer still writing this shit? Cause if so who gives a fuck, it'll still be shit just with a different actor.
>>
>>80480293
No, but he is producing it.
>>
>>80479413
>Ben Affleck was a big fan of Daredevil and lobbied for years to get the role
>>
>>80477278
FUCKING YES!
>>
File: BAKE ME APPLE PIE.jpg (11KB, 236x291px) Image search: [Google]
BAKE ME APPLE PIE.jpg
11KB, 236x291px
>>80481374
To be fair, Affleck wasn't producing or writing Daredevil. He just signed on to star in it. Therd is only so much an actor can do. Hell, even most directors are subject to whims of the producers and money people.
>>
>>80479640
Deadpool was pretty damn accurate to his good runs, they got Wade wrong though
>>
>>80477832
He's Goth Lobo
>>
>>80480469
So still will be shit.
>>
>>80484176
He could work as a comic character if he wasn't Lobo. He could work as a totally different character.
>>
>>80477523
>filename
kek
>>
>>80483966
He's not producing or writing Batman according to his credits.
>>
>>80477278
Good. I don't think a movie adaptation it¡s necessary
>>
>>80479413
and then he fucking killed it (in the bad way not the white teen way). How could anyone involved with GR2 be okay with that?
>>
>>80477278
If he was going to be Dream, then this is perfect. What a horrible casting choice that would have been. However, with David Goyer involved i'm sure this will be suicide inducing regardless of who plays Dream.

Sandman really doesn't need a film anyway, a tv series would be far more suitable. There is no way that the Endless will be appropriately dealt with in a 2 hour movie. A film adaptation is going to suck no matter what, unless it was a tie-in or continuation of a tv series in a Twin Peaks sort of way so the characters and setting are already established.
>>
>>80477937
I honestly never thought of what Dreams accent was. I always just imagined his voice as being very hollow. Like the kind of voice a cave or a rotted out tree would have.
>>
>>80477937
Dream is not British. Morpheus should not have an geographical accent. It should be as neutral as possible in regards to that.
>>
new line is retarded

they fucked up the hobbit by not giving jackson enough time

sandman is fucked
>>
>>80488405
This is low-quality bait or you are an idiot
>>
>>80479373
>Karl Urban
>>
>>80487921
Dream's accent is supposed to change depending on to whom he's speaking, I thought. I guess I always imagined him British when he was speaking to the other Endless
>>
>>80477756
I can't wait to see how this turns out and how it'll be received.
>>
>>80488549
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk

newline rushed it after del torro dropped out, hung jackson out to dry. he had no prep time like LOTR

it's only 6mins long, but it's very interesting to see the behind-the-scenes
>>
>>80490552
I leaned towards that idea myself a bit before but the more i thought about it the less sense that made to me (unless of course that is explained in the books and i am misremembering). Maybe this is irrelevant but the idea of his accent seems more and more ridiculous to me the more i think about his eyes. Where his eyes should be there is a black void with stars where his pupils should be. The idea that a man with eyes like that would ever speak in, say, a yorkshire or New York accent seems ridiculous. Dream has existed before humanity and i think of him as somewhat monotone and cold in his voice regardless of who he is speaking to. What need does he have to change that?

Anyway, a charming, posh british accent seems all wrong for the character. Characters like Death, Desire, Delirium, Destruction are different, various accents make perfect sense for their characters. Characters like Dream and Destiny are completely different and i think that their voices should not have a noticeable geographical accent.
>>
>>80477278
Good.

JGL was always a bad choice for Morpheus. And we all know Goyer sucks.

Too bad Marvel snatched up Cumberbatch for Strange, he'd make a good Dream.
>>
Two things:

1) Joseph. We've had issues with Joseph on previous projects. Some WB people lobbied to bring him back for Sandman, feeling that he deserved another chance. That was a mistake. Joseph is an ass, and we won't be working with him again.

2) As long as we're firing people, we are also firing the production company that we've been working with on the Sandman film. They will be replaced, and we hope to get this turned around before production starts.

As always, I can be reached at [email protected].
Geoff
>>
>>80494178
Half-Life 3 confirmed
>>
>>80493804
Fucking Americans I swear to god. America is not the default sound for everything! You can have an English accent that is not too geographically specific just like you can have an American one that isn't.
>>
>>80493804
What the fuck is a non noticeable geographical accent?
>>
Fun fact: Jon "Spiders" Peters still has partial retention of the Sandman rights. He still needs to approve any script that gets made.

Have fun with that.

>>80477437

>He's never written anything good

Dark City and the first two Blade movies disagree with you. And he at least co-wrote parts of the NolanBats trilogy.
>>
Good. Levitt is a terrible actor.
>>
>>80498237
I'm not american and "not british" does not mean "american" you fucking sperg
>>
>>80498237
And this whole conversation about accents started because someone said that one reason that it was good that JGL was fired was because he was not British. This would mean that he wanted Dream to have a British accent. That makes no sense. Why would he have a British accent?
>>
>>80477278
New Line: We think uh "Morpheus" will be perfect as a detective in a Buddy Buddy cop action comedy.
>>
>>80477278
Good. Only Cumberbatch can play Dream and he's taken.
>>
File: 1456912615505.png (8KB, 308x296px) Image search: [Google]
1456912615505.png
8KB, 308x296px
>>80494178
W-what
>>
>>80491298
Something is telling this is not gonna happen. Movie will be canceled.
>>
>>80477523
He didn't say the project was dead, sadly.
>>
>>80479377
>Didn't gel
Lets be honest, he thought it was shit so he left but he's being polite about it because he's not stupid like trank was.
>>
>>80501078
It's the response Gabe Newell gave about some recent Dota2 drama where a commentator was fired.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.