[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>turning eddie brock into basically an angsty pop punk band

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Topher_Grace_Venom_unmasked.jpg (32KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Topher_Grace_Venom_unmasked.jpg
32KB, 800x450px
>turning eddie brock into basically an angsty pop punk band member

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING
>>
File: 1412630161352.jpg (34KB, 429x377px) Image search: [Google]
1412630161352.jpg
34KB, 429x377px
Did you just watch the movie for the first time or something?
>>
>>80468649
No but I did just watch it, and every time I do I want to bitch about it
>>
protip: comic movies and TV series suck shit
>>
>>80468858
You're too young
>>
>>80468874
try again
>>
I lost my shit when I was in theater watching this film and he was praying in church, then ends the prayer with "please, kill Peter Parker". I then stood up and walked the fuck out of there. I was so fucking done with that movie.
>>
>>80468930
Good man
>>
>>80468874
So you don't remember Batman, The Crow, or Blade

Yeah, you're too young. Probably didn't know those movies existed
>>
Something along the lines of
>Fuck you, executives meddling with my movie. You want Venom? Here's your fucking Venom. Go choke on it.
>>
>not like polar opposite Peter Parker
>>
File: everything I say is right.png (329KB, 749x500px) Image search: [Google]
everything I say is right.png
329KB, 749x500px
>>80468630

I firmly believe that Raimi sabotaged the movie and did everything he could to make it suck. Notice how the symbiote just shows up and how Eddie is a constant butt of jokes and how very little thought went into the symbiote. And emo Peter.

Raimi was like "fuck this, I don't even want to do another three movies" and that was that.
>>
>>80469783
I'd believe it. He didn't want to do Venom and it shows.
>>
>>80469783
>I firmly believe that Raimi sabotaged the movie and did everything he could to make it suck.

This would be believable if the first two movies didn't suck only slightly less....

Seriously, everything the third suffers from the first do as well only the third is like super bad
>>
>>80468630
They were trying to fit 2 villains into a movie that only had room for one
>>
>>80469844

Please.

Even the third movie had great scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txnf4s7eWs0
>>
>>80469877
3 villains anon. The movie had 3 villains.
>>
>>80469885
That was one good scene

>>80470286
>>80469877
Plenty of movies have three villains, this movie just sucked, it's no excuse.
>>
>>80469877
three

>>80468630
>>80468930
Brock was set up as a bullshitter from minute one. He's exactly the kind of prick who'd end up with Venom, but it's not out of character (the original Brock was pretty much the same, even if he's grown later).

The really bad part of the movie is the end fight where Pete and Harry are tag teaming; even the dance scene in the jazz club isn't any worse than the first two movies, and it's certainly not out of line with them.

If it has a failing, it's trying to fit Sandman in. He serves no purpose except keeping the story going while Harry's got amnesia, and when Harry turns good again it's even worse because Sandman has literally nothing to do. There's no resolution of the story with his daughter, there's no real explanation of the experiment that gave him his powers, and most of his themes are just borrowed from Harry and, it has to be said, from Peter as well after the things he does while Venom is controlling him.

Would have been better if they'd used the symbiote as part of the Lizard origin, since they'd had Connors for two movies by then.

But it's not a bad movie and Brock isn't out of character or getting anything but what he deserves, and there are totally bullshitters like that out there.
>>
>>80468630
They werent.
>>
>>80468983
are you implying those are bad?
>>
>>80468983
>giving 3 well regarded comic adaptations as examples of bad movies
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.