[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Frank Miller Interview: Cancelled Batman Movie, Netflix Daredevil,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

>THR: March is a big month for you in terms of screen adaptations. Batman v. Superman is heavily influenced by your work, and in season two of Daredevil, we'll see your character Elektra. Do you watch the movies and shows?

>FM: No. I didn't make up Batman, I didn't make up Daredevil, I have no right to be possessive, but once I've worked on a character, it's hard to see any other way than my way. By and large, most of what they do, I'll just get grouchy if I see it. So I tend not to look at it, except for few exceptions.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/a-rare-interview-frank-miller-871654
>>
>THR: You worked with Darren Aronofsky on a Batman movie project that never got made. What happened there?

>FM: It was the first time I worked on a Batman project with somebody whose vision of Batman was darker than mine. My Batman was too nice for him. We would argue about it, and I'd say, "Batman wouldn't do that, he wouldn't torture anybody," and so on. We hashed out a screenplay, and we were wonderfully compensated, but then Warner Bros. read it and said, "We don't want to make this movie." The executive wanted to do a Batman he could take his kids to. And this wasn't that. It didn't have the toys in it. The Batmobile was just a tricked-out car. And Batman turned his back on his fortune to live a street life so he could know what people were going through. He built his own Batcave in an abandoned part of the subway. And he created Batman out of whole cloth to fight crime and a corrupt police force.
>>
>>80424702
That movie sounds pretty good.
>>
>>80424694

can't he just embrace the concept of the multiverse and realize not ever adaptation is supposed to be "shitting all over" what he did

Because I see other creators, like Stan Lee or Bendis, and they don't have this mental block against it like Miller does
>>
>>80424760
>can't he just embrace the concept of the multiverse and realize not ever adaptation is supposed to be "shitting all over"

Not even fans can do that
>>
File: 1455166950035.jpg (39KB, 605x688px) Image search: [Google]
1455166950035.jpg
39KB, 605x688px
>>80424760
>Bendis
>>
>>80424702
>"Batman wouldn't do that, he wouldn't torture anybody,"
But didn't he do that in ASBAR to Dick, Frank? Hmm?
>>
>>80424811
But wasn't that the point of ASBAR?
Hmmm?
>>
>>80424811
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm???
>>
>>80424844
Yeah, but still, it's a bit hypocritical of Frank to say Bats shouldn't torture when he's made him torture. I'm just saying.
>>
>>80424810

Yeah, you don't see him screaming "Fuck netflix, not muh Jessica"
>>
>>80425024
Wasn't he an executive producer on the show?
>>
>>80425060
Consulting producer, all that meant was that they called him and asked him question from time to time while they were writing.
Think he said that filming ran parallel to Powers so he was never on set.

He was credited in Daredevil as well.
>>
>>80424917
>>80424811
This is depending on what Aronofsky and Miller define as torture.

If what Miller's Batman does in his comics isn't torture, what did Aronofsky want Miller to write?
>>
>>80425466
That's actually a terrifying thought.
>>
>>80425466

The script for it had Batman as a hobo living in the sewers, with "Alfredo," a mechanic helping Bruce create the Batman identity.
>>
File: funny-dog-one.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
funny-dog-one.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
I don't see what this does other than enforce the fact Miller is an asshole who thinks he knows what's better than anyone else
>>
>>80424702
>wouldn't torture anybody
>toys with the Boss mutant in a mudhole to set an example, when knocking unconscious right away would have achieved the same effect

Whatever you say Frank.
>>
>>80425730
No that would be John Byrne kick and screaming in his own private corner of the internet, Miller just said he doesn't have any interest
>>
File: image.jpg (69KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 960x540px
>>80424909
>>
>>80424694
>once I've worked on a character, it's hard to see any other way than my way. By and large, most of what they do, I'll just get grouchy if I see it. So I tend not to look at it, except for few exceptions.

A special kind of autism.
Why are the last generation of decent capeshit writers so mentally unstable?
>>
File: 1456731246787.jpg (39KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
1456731246787.jpg
39KB, 600x300px
>>80425761
Frank said the idea darren had for batman was darker. So he probably meant something too disturbing to even someone like Frank
>>
Didn't he help Robert Rodriguez when he made Sin City

Frank Miller such a hypocrite sometimes, just like Alan moore
>>
>>80424702
Something that will never cease to amaze me is how come failed movie pitches arent made into comic books? Who wouldnt want to read a Raimi Spider-Man 4 comic. Or Batman Triumphant comic, or this shit hes describing here?

Maybe because movie scripts are constantly recycled I suppose or just rights issue with screenwriters asking for money idk
>>
>>80427776
Sin City was pretty much 1:1 and he even made NEW content for the sequel
>>
>>80427919
The rights of the script/story treatment usually belong to the studio.
>>
>>80427776
Newsflash: Sin City is Frankyboy's creation
>>
>>80427919
I'd like to see Schumacher Harley Quinn.
>>
>>80425761
>toys with the Boss mutant in a mudhole to set an example, when knocking unconscious right away would have achieved the same effect

No, it wouldn't. The whole point was that he had to completely crush and humiliate the leader so that his followers turned their backs on him. Just knocking him out would not have had that effect.

And he didn't toy with him, it was still a demanding fight.
>>
>>80427919
>how come failed movie pitches arent made into comic books?

Because there isn't a lot of money to be made from it.
>>
>>80427776
The difference is he worked on Sin City, but didn't work on these other films
>>
>>80424760
As long as Sten Lee gets paid and gets a cameo, he doesn't give a shit what happens to the characters.
>>
>>80427776
"Superheroes are for faggots"
- Alan Moore
>>
>>80424694
He's doing just fine...
>>
File: robocop_01_cv_a.jpg (147KB, 477x733px) Image search: [Google]
robocop_01_cv_a.jpg
147KB, 477x733px
>>80427919
>Something that will never cease to amaze me is how come failed movie pitches arent made into comic books?

You should check out RoboCop: Last Stand, then (it's a miniseries published by BOOM! Studios a couple of years back). It's based on Miller's original screenplay for RoboCop 3, adapted for comics by veteran comics scribe Steven Grant. If you know your movie history, you'll remember that the studio extensively rewrote the screenplay that was used for the actual film (which ended up an absolute turd).
>>
File: Frank's FU to Alan Moore.jpg (53KB, 821x229px) Image search: [Google]
Frank's FU to Alan Moore.jpg
53KB, 821x229px
Despite his rep as a loon he is coming off quite lucid
>>
>>80434895
That's good. He was legitimately fuckballs crazy for a good long while, but I guess a brush with death changes things.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.