[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Renumbering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_4_1.jpg (826KB, 790x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_4_1.jpg
826KB, 790x1200px
>Renumber a series before they even reached 20 issues since the last time they renumbered.

Jebus Krisp, what's the point?
>>
>>80303861
What can I say man?
Freaking Secret Wars.
>>
those sweet sweet #1 sales numbers

also i don't mind it

it's kinda like hellboy

each set of numbering ideally tells a distinct story

i haven't read spidey in a while so i don't know how true that is for this specific book but in principle i don't mind renumbering between runs
>>
Ant-Man was relaunched after seven issues.
>>
>>80303861
DC will renumber again in April, hell action comics and batman will go back to stupid numbers like 9../7.. . They will lose a lot of readers with this.
>>
>>80303888
>it's kinda like hellboy
>each set of numbering ideally tells a distinct story

Except it not like Helloy when each 'distinct' story is more shit than the one before it, Slott's drivel has beaten out Clone Saga by now.
>>
There was one comic, I can't remember which, but it had two #1s in the same year
It was something last year
>>
>>80303930
Probably Squirrel Girl
>>
>>80303911
in principal there's nothing wrong with renumbering unless you care about seeing big numbers on the front of your comics

in practice sure it doesn't always work, especially when a publisher forces all comics to do it at around the same time (like howard the duck and its cover saying something like "only our second #1 so far this year")

and the quality of the stories does not mean renumbering is bad; bad stories are bad whether they are issue 1-6 or 501-506
>>
>>80303930
Just checked my DC folders, not DC.

Maybe it is marvel, i would think antman/spiderman or maybe an xmen title.
>>
>>80303941
>bad stories are bad whether they are issue 1-6 or 501-506
The point is valid but new readers would rather jump into a 10/100 numbers than 600/700.
>>
>>80303908

ANAD is tanking harder than DCYou did. Marvel has 50% of the market right now because they flooded it with constant #1's and they luckily have Star Wars thanks to their Disney masters. Rebirth seems to be DC trying to do the opposite of Marvel by embracing Legacy by having Action and Tc going back to their right numbers
>>
>>80303958
exactly

i am saying there's nothing wrong with renumbering, arguing with someone who seems to be against it
>>
>>80303930

I think it's Marvel with Hawkeye or Ant-Man that had 3 if you count the annual
>>
>>80303946

Yeah it was Marvel, it relaunched due to Secret Wars
>>
>slott
>still

christ just kill me
>>
>>80303930
Howard the Duck, Spider-Gwen, etc
>>
>>80303979

All-New Hawkeye I think it was, yeah
>>
Marvel has little * boxes telling you to pick up issue 5 of some series that has relaunched and are only on #2 or 3. I feel bad for new readers
>>
>>80303908
>DC will renumber again in June
>action comics and batman will go back to their original numbering
ftfy

>>80303930
>>80303995
Other such comics are All-New Hawkeye, Spider-Gwen, Howard The Duck, Weirdworld (began as a tie-in mini), and Silk. Ant-Man is technically not because it was relaunched under the added title "Astonishing."
>>
>>80303908

>Stupid numbers

Eat shit
>>
>>80304023
>batman
tec*
>>
>>80303974
the worst is going back to the big numbers. i collect floppies, and it was either avengers of FF, maybe even journey to mystery, that went from the high hundreds, to #1 and after a certain run, decided to go back to the hi hundreds again. that really hurts my ocd when i put the comics in order in the long boxes
>>
File: skinner_9_01.jpg (12KB, 340x255px) Image search: [Google]
skinner_9_01.jpg
12KB, 340x255px
>>80303888
I agree with this one, though, I don't read that many comics from the big two, so I really don't have an good idea how confusing the constant renumbering is to an avid reader.

Haven't read Spidey after ''Superior Spider-Man'', so is it worth picking up? Any recommendations post-superior? Please. :)
>>
>>80304045
>the worst is going back to the big numbers. i collect floppies, and it was either avengers of FF, maybe even journey to mystery, that went from the high hundreds, to #1 and after a certain run, decided to go back to the hi hundreds again. that really hurts my ocd when i put the comics in order in the long boxes

At least when Adventure Comics did it, They did like #1 (500), #2 (501) and so on. Dual numbering is the best of both worlds man. Keep the autists who like big numbers happy and also create a reference point for series with multiple number #1s in a single year.
>>
>>80304045

>muh ocd!

You're just going to have to place the New 52 books in between the original Action numbers and the renewed numbers
>>
>>80304023
>ftfy
They will get a small boost sale for 2/3 month and then it will crash because no sane human being can jump into numbers like that.
>>
>>80304120
Like Nu52?

Also Rebirth's competitor sale-wise will be Civil War II.
>>
>>80304101
Nope because it will not be the same character in rebirth.
>>
>>80304128
>Like Nu52?
Nu52 was a long run thing and new reader were able to jump into it.

Going back to 600 700 numbers is suicide.
>>
>>80304178
I mean the start of Nu52.
>>
>>80304120

>no sane human being can jump into numbers like that.

Really? Because before Marvel got all relaunch happy people did just fine doing this. I doubt every Spider-Man fan started from #1 to #700
>>
The main problem with renumbering is that marvel and dc don't allow people to read the former issue on comixology for a decent price.
>>
>>80304129

Then put the original run to the side and put your rebirth books after the new 52 books
>>
>>80304120
i dunno, i started uncanny x-men at 280ish and never looked back. starting in the middle of x-cutioner song event wasnt probably the best place to start, but it hooked me as a kid
>>
>>80304190
That is because you also needed to read the annuals, Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man and Web of Spider-Man too because quite often the story arcs were split.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.