[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rotten Tomatoes score drops in three weeks. What are you predicting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 6

File: 63314976.png (2MB, 1400x1338px) Image search: [Google]
63314976.png
2MB, 1400x1338px
Rotten Tomatoes score drops in three weeks.
What are you predicting?
>>
65%
>>
>>80268669
Only one that matters is Audience Score, and I predict it will be in the high 90's

Critic Score will be in the 80's, mark my words. Luther and Wonder Woman will be what wins the critics over after MoS.
>>
If there is nothing to irrationally rail against like killing Zod, the tornado scene and the destruction being unadressed then 80% or higher.
>>
>>80268669
80-90%, since Terrio's script is so good everyone praises it.
>>
I'm thinking ~70-80 but I'd be pleasantly surprised if it gets into the 90s.
>>
>>80268669
60-70%.
>>
>>80268945
wat
that's saying you respect the opinion of some rube on Facebook rather than an actual critic
>>
73%. First 2/3rds of the movie will be the best of the year, but the 3rd act is going to cause some critics to cry of being too long/too much.
>>
Rotten tomatoes is the worst website for movie scoring because it just takes in whether people rate it good or bad and then takes the ratio.

Regardless, I think it'll get around 73% despite deserving 85%+ (I reckon 8.7 on Imdb) because people like to hate on it. Man of Steel got 56% even though it was much better than that - IM2 and IM3 got 72 and 79% respectively, MoS was much better than those.
>>
>>80268981
>Disliking the tornado scene is irrational
>>
>>80268669
Disney hired blackhats that have accounts on RT to drop the user score to anywhere below 80.
>>
Do some of you faggots not watch movies based on RT scores?
>>
>>80269251
This alone makes RT completely irrelevant. Iron man 2 and 3 were complete shit, green lantern level of shit.
>>
>>80268669
40-45%.
>>
>>80269105
No

I don't think scores matter in showing whether a movie is good or bad, I only use it to show whether or not people enjoy it. In that aspect, the only score that matters is the audience score.

Either way, both scores are shit ways of telling whether a movie is good or not. You should be able to form that opinion on your own.
>>
File: 1443111131267.jpg (140KB, 1000x693px) Image search: [Google]
1443111131267.jpg
140KB, 1000x693px
>>80269291
Everyone who makes RT their Quran for movies should be forced to play by their own rules. That movie of yours back then? Well it's shit because a bunch pompous self important shits said it sucked for contrived reasons.
>>
>>80269278
Disliking it in its over dramatic too long execution is not, disliking it conceptually and disliking it because of misunderstanding Pa Kent's intent is.
>>
>>80268669
Somewhere between 50-70%
>>
>>80269443
Calm down, pleb.
>>
I can't believe people actually care this much about a fucking RT score. Are any of you capable of judging something on your own?
>>
>>80269484
What suggests that I wasn't calm when typing that?
>>
>>80269493
Didn't think tying to guess something meant you cared about it.
>>
>>80269596
That's exactly what it means.
>>
>>80268945
>Luthor
>a nasally, short, skinny jewish kid
>playing whats supposed to be a tall, imposing, deep voiced man

He's going to be the worst fucking part of it. This is black Johnny Storm levels of terrible casting for a part.
>>
>>80269626
>tall, imposing, deep voiced man

I wish you DCAUfags would all go fucking kill yourselves already.
>>
Regardless of what the general audience thinks, unless it is complete dog shit, I feel like I will love the movie. The score sounds incredible, cinematography feels like a comic book come to life (I know its not for everyone but I like the look), we get to see the god damn trinity on screen together fighting like actual gods and get a tease for the JL. My body is ready. As long as it does its job of setting up the DCEU its going to be great
>>
59%

Screencap this
>>
it can easily end up in the 90s if it ends up being dark knight levels in terms of filmmaking
>>
>>80269686
I wish you would go back to /tv/
>>
>>80269757
I actually read comics. Whereas you just watched some cartoons and decided those are the definitive versions of every character.
>>
>>80268669
Autists to make death threats against the first reviewer to give it a rotten review just like TDKR.
>>
>>80269781
In which character defining comics is Lex Luthor not as that anon described?
>>
50 minimum, 70 max

Critics instinctively hate both Snyder and DC.
>>
A better question is: Will we have a scene that can come close to The Plane Scene from TDKR?
>>
For critics in the nerd press they'll split along predictable Marvel/DC lines, you can tell which way they'll go by their press coverage of BvS to date. For others I'm not sure, seems like people who value style and visuals are more positively disposed to Snyder, and the script so far seems to have more wit than his other films so that could give it a boost from a narrative viewpoint. Or maybe it's actually an overstuffed mess like ASM2 and everyone will hate it. I have literally no idea.
>>
>>80269886
>70 max
Might be generous. It's rare to see a second movie get more than an increase of 10% on the Tomatometer. I'd put 66% as a hard maximum.
>>
60-70%

Even if the movie is legitimately great I can't see it scoring any higher.
>>
I'm absolutely sure it will be late 80's

Civil war will undoubtedly be mid 90's
>>
>>80268669
RT gave Sharknado 82%
RT is garbage. If you're going to use RT look at audience, not critics
>>
>>80268669
72%
>>
>>80268945
>audience score
You mean 90% everywhere except in razzie-bait.
>>
>>80268995
Except Affleck who rewrote parts because it sucked
>>
>>80268669
Impotent whining. Doesn't matter who from.
>>
>>80268669
Worse than Thor 2.
>>
>>80269105
>Actual critic
"Critic" refers to anyone paid by a magazine or newspaper to write a blog post about how they felt a movie was. They don't judge based on any actual merits of cinema, but rather whatever the hell they think is good.

Perhaps "top critic" is closer to true critics, but even then i'm incredulous.
>>
>>80271645
Sharknado was judged as a satire of the genre, and in that regard it was fine. Maybe not 82%, but not rotten. If you're so stupid that you think Sharknado was at any point supposed to be taken seriously, then YOU are the fool.
>>
>>80268669
no matter how good it is, it won't get up past the 70s as critics have already decided they hated it
>>
hosts of marveldrones who won't even go see the film will drop the audience score by a big margin I think. Possibly some critics will too.

Age of Ultron was complete shit and it has a 85% audience score.
>>
>>80268669
70-80% maybe
>>
>>80269910
You can't duplicate miracles, anon
>>
Around 65% would be my guess, if "Batman v Superman" proves to be excellent it might reach as high as 70%. But I'm expecting it to settle in the low 60's irrespective of it's quality.
>>
File: All-Star-Superman_2.jpg (295KB, 1000x284px) Image search: [Google]
All-Star-Superman_2.jpg
295KB, 1000x284px
>>80269860

All Star Superman. I can also post Forever Evil where he is clearly smaller than everyone in the Injustice gang, or how about Saga of the Swamp Thing where Lex was an ugly fat bloke?

The tall booming voice Lex is DCAU. Not comic Lex
>>
>>80272414
>This movie was terrible but Dialogue A+. 5 stars!
>>
>>80272388
I'm not sure film critics have already decided on hating it but the nerd intelligentsia most certainly has. The Devin Faraci's and Moviebob's of the world semingly consider the very existence of "Batman v Superman" as an affront to all that is good and decent.
>>
File: 1455663913734.jpg (192KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1455663913734.jpg
192KB, 1280x720px
35% mark my words
>>
>The controlled screening scores drop in 3 weeks
100%
>>
I'm far less interested in what the RT or metascore will be then what Armond White's review will say.
>>
>>80269105
Not him.

But I don't respect the opinion of any of these two. I will be the one to judge my entertainment.
>>
>>80269626
>This is black Johnny Storm levels of terrible casting for a part.
Michael B Jordan is a good casting for Johnny, though. Honestly one of the only good shouts from that trainwreck of a film.
>>
>>80269860
Besides what other anon said. Original redhead crazy scientist Luthor.
>>
No Snyder film has gone over 75%

Dawn of the Dead - 75%
300 - 60%
Watchmen - 65%
Legend of the Guardians - 50%
Sucker Punch - 23%
Man of Steel - 56%

High estimate: 70-something
Low estimate: 60-something

80 and above is statistically improbable at this point.
>>
I Predict and uprising in supes/bats slashfiction.

with second ship being supes/lex/bats
or supes/ww/bats
>>
>>80269886
They hate Snyder, not DC, else Nolan wouldn't have gotten the high scores he did.

Catwoman (2002) - 9%
Batman Begins (2005) - 85%
Superman Returns (2006) - 76%
The Dark Knight (2008) - 94%
Jonah Hex (2010) - 12%
Green Lantern (2011) - 26%
The Dark Knight Rises (2012) - 87%
Man of Steel (2013) - 56%
>>
52%
>>
>>80272597
Could you really picture All Star Lex being played by Eisenberg? When I was reading it, the voice that fit best was DCAU
>>
low 50s because people hate this Superman
>>
>>80274602
No Snyder film has had an academy award winning writer/director redo the script and help with production
>>
I love how DC fans pretend the RT score is shit but when you look at DC movies like Jonah Hex or Green Lantern clearly the reviews were right

Sometimes fanboys need to just accept if a movie is reviewed badly its more than likely not a good movie on some level.
>>
I'm new to the comic book scene but I'm curious, what does /co/ think is the best depiction of lex luthor?
My friend thinks its Smallville Lex despite having never read a single comic and bases all of his thoughts off youtube crap like screen junkies.
>>
>>80275023
>I love how DC fans pretend the RT score is shit but when you look at DC movies like Jonah Hex or Green Lantern clearly the reviews were right

Meanwhile Marvel has Elektra, Blade Trinity, & Fantastic 4. You really want to go there with this?
>>
>>80275063
He's not trying to start a company war, he's saying a number of DC movies have bad scores because they were bad movies, but /co/ refuses to accept that. That's not to say that Marvel doesn't have shit as well.
>>
>>80268669
80%
>>
>>80274986
>people
film critics, hardly people
>>
82%
>>
>>80272298
He could only really tweak his dialogue if he was doing it in wardrobe. I'm sure he's just making the tiniest tweaks.
>>
>72%
It's a generally good superhero movie, but everyone is mad about Superman snapping Batman's neck
And wonder woman's
And Lex's
And everyone in every scene
>>
[code]for(i=0;i<=100;i++){
cout<<i<<"%"<<endl;[/code]
>>
>>80274990
I wonder why?
>>
>>80269093
This.
>>
File: so.jpg (258KB, 1307x2048px) Image search: [Google]
so.jpg
258KB, 1307x2048px
>>80268669
I'm not saying there's a smear campaign going on for this movie but
>>
>>80275023
>>80275084
Kill yourself MCUcs.
>>
>>80268669

70-80% for critics
80% for audiences
20% for /co/
>>
>>80269910
Nolan isn't directing it, so no.
>>
They were bought by Fandango, so...

84% "critic" 99% "audience" preorder your tickets through the Fandango app now.
>>
Good points-
>Afflecks Batman is fantastic
>A good job at humanizing Clark after the whole God/Jesus thing in MoS although it may be countered by
>Lex Luthor post-balding, during which he gives his LL:MoS speech, leading edgier fans to side with Lex and hate Superman even more
>Fantastic scale and cinematography, filters compliment the film more as opposed to MoS grey filters
>Mamoas Aquaman is a hit in his brief appearance

Neutral points-
>Gadots WW is passable and nothing to shout about
>Marveldrones(around 20% of the audience) won't understand Ma Kents "you don't owe the world a thing", since they're used to guilt tripped superheroes and will try to make a big deal of it, though it wont reach "No Invincible Son" levels of memery.
>At times the film looks too busy

Bad points-
>Cavills performance drops between average and comical when trying to look intense
>Snyders lack of subtlety shits on Terrios script at times
>3rd act feels unnecessary and stakeless with Doomsday (but they address the saving people thing)

84%
>>
>>80279571
Oh and Eisenbergs Lex feels slightly too eccentric at times in neutral points but again thats countered by the post-balding
>>
>>80279571
>Ma Kents "you don't owe the world a thing"

I was watching The Godfather part 2 yesterday and there's a bit where Michael says he's dropped out of college and joined the US army because of the Pearl Harbor attacks. Sonny gets really angry with him over that because he says "You don't owe the country a thing", the whole scene is about immigrants and the loyalties they have to reconcile for themselves. I don't know if it's the same thing or if they have the balls or the brains to do that but they could use that scene in BvS to make an immigrant allegory for Superman in the same way.
>>
>>80274602

I actually agree with all these scores. Dawn of the Dead was definitely Snyder's best movie. He should have stuck to horror instead of doing capeshit.
>>
For people to misunderstand how the tomatometer works and complain about it.
>>
>>80268669
70-85%, audience 90+

Critics still hate snyder and serious tone.

atleast one source I trust (he's not a journalist, has a great track record) put in his top 5 comic book movies. No, Man of Steel wasn't in his top 10.
>>
>>80269626
>He's going to be the worst fucking part of it. This is black Johnny Storm levels of terrible casting for a part.
Well, at least it will be better than Ben Kingsley 'Mandarin', mate.
>>
>>80281074
He's fine with the cape shit, his only problem is he can not write for shit but he love to do it then...his film is bomb[SP]. If you want this guy to direct a decent film just don't let him touch the script.
>>
>>80268669
low 70s to mid 80s
>>
>anons saying more than 80%

Oh for fucks sake. There is literally no evidence that this film is going to have such a performance to merit that score. I get that coming up to the penalty line against the positive public image of Marvel puts a massive chip on your shoulder but be rational.

I'm not saying the movie HAS to be bad but there is more to the case of that than there is for it to be good. Snyder's best film was Dawn of the Dead. Every other film is either lambasted or some sort of cult classic with a painfully average to good audience rating.

The anons so far up everyone's backside about how dare anyone think this film is going to do poorly are far more annoying because they wear these rose coloured spectacles and plug their ears.

Why would BvS be Snyder's best film? With the casting choices they made, Gadot especially, and the performance Cavil gave last film, why would this suddenly be better?

I genuinely don't understand this blind hope so many of you have? I don't give a fuck about Marvel or DC shit so please don't drag that into this but please explain to me what supports your optimism?
>>
>>80277951

I don't even know what that line means
>>
>>80274776
Morrison pls
>>
>>80283585
People just want another decent DC movie.
>>
>>80283680
There have been hundreds Twitter bots spamming negative lines about BvS since at least late 2015, people only caught on now
>>
>>80283585

The script was written by not one but two Academy Award winning script writers who are friends and worked in tandem, one of whom is a massive comic book fan. Snyder's if nothing else a fantastic visual director, and he's working with the cinematographer he used in Watchmen, which guarantees that if nothing else the movie will look amazing. The already leaked soundtrack is absolutely fantastic. The trailers look great.
>>
>>80283939

Has anybody reported on it?
>>
>>80283585
Well, they just want some good DC movie, anon. I hope it will at least be decent, Snyder scared me with MoS, honestly.
>>
>>80284050

>which guarantees that if nothing else the movie will look amazing

This

I mean just look at the latest trailers. compare the shots of when Batman crashes through the window and when Captain America does it.
>>
>>80284133
A few sites, but the discovery was rather recent
http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/batman-vs-superman-twitter-spambot-smear-campaign-discovered
>>
>>80274691
>Superman Returns (2006) - 76%
>Man of Steel (2013) - 56%
People are fucking stupid.
>>
>>80268669
Mild disappointment.
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.