[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I refuse to kill as that would make me no better than the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 16

File: just wreck my shit up fam.webm (2MB, 1920x1038px) Image search: [Google]
just wreck my shit up fam.webm
2MB, 1920x1038px
>I refuse to kill as that would make me no better than the criminals I face
>Instead I'm going to cripple every thug I meet, breaking their necks and cracking their skulls causing permanent damage to their well-being such that they never recover physically and mentally. This is the moral thing to do.
>>
>>79862705
It offers them a chance to get their act. together. They should be grateful towards Batman.
>>
>>79862750
What about the medical bills and the years of p physiotherapy?
>>
>>79862705

Yes because despite all their injuries they have the luxury of being alive, something their victims will never have.
>>
If only he was this rough to the Joker.
>>
>>79862705
That last guy is fucking dead, he smashed right on his head and will have suffered serious neck trauma minimum
>>
>>79862784
All funded by Bruce Wayne who wants to see these men get a fresh start after being pulverized by the Bat vigilante.
>>
>>79862813
This is like the falling off the cliff example.
It's better to die when you hit the ground than live with the pain that you survived falling off a cliff.
>>
>>79862784
They'll get therapy in prison and who cares about medical bills when you're locked away for life?
>>
File: 1133245709433.jpg (32KB, 352x240px) Image search: [Google]
1133245709433.jpg
32KB, 352x240px
>>79862837
>It's better to die when you hit the ground than live with the pain that you survived falling off a cliff.
>>
>>79862837
Pretty sure I would rather be alive, limping away from a beating than to have my throat slashed by a batarang.
>>
>>79862856
Making some thug a paraplegic and then locking them up for the rest of their life seems pretty evil compared to just snuffing them on the spot.
>>
>>79862837
But Hell exists in DC, I assume it's much worse than getting beaten by a guy.
>>
If you don't want to get ass handed to you by Batman than just don't commit crimes.
>>
>>79862879
Kind of hard to limp away when you have a broken neck and a cracked skull because the batman flipped you up and dropped you on your head.

Why do people act as if blunt trauma is less dangerous than being cut?
>>
>>79862916
Because it's fiction.
>>
>>79862888
Having an existence is still better than not having an existence.
>>
>>79862817
Why do you think he's missing his teeth?
>>
>>79862911
What if your only crime is trying to kill the Joker?
>>
>>79862935
I would assume the joker got to you first.
>>
>>79862949
People have been a second away from killing the joker before until Batman interrupted
>>
File: 1.jpg (283KB, 620x1497px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
283KB, 620x1497px
Don't want the time?

Then don't do the crime
>>
>>79862705
Hang on hang on, a Batman fight scene where the camera DOESN'T zoom in on elbows while shaking around and cutting every half second so you can't see anything that's happening?
>>
>>79862705
He didn't start this war anon, but he sure as fuck is going to finish it.
>>
>>79862927
For who?
>>
>>79863021
The majority of Batman's rogue's gallery feeds on his presence and are only alive still because he's around to save them.
>>
>>79862705
Not killing is the only thing that keeps the cops off his back, see TDKR.
>>
read a book
>>
>>79862705
That's something that always annoyed me. The bat family will break arms and legs and skull of any criminals (killer, thief, drug dealer, members of gangs whose job is mainly to guard) when they could stop them whithout breaking them with their martial arts expertise.

They're supposed to arrest criminals and bring them to justice to be sentenced. Breaking a guy's back is already a kind of sentence.
>>
>>79862927
>existence is still better than not having an existence.
What is torture
>>
>>79863296
An obstacle, you suicide risk!
Jesus, you're a negative motherfucker.
>>
>>79862705
I wish Batman actually would just fucking kill the big bad guys when he beats them. Then they wouldn't be alive to escape from prison and hire more thugs and develop elaborate plans that kill hundreds of innocent people.

Seriously Batman, if it's the 3rd time you've beaten the guy and he had no trouble escaping from prison the other two times, ultimately ending in yet another evil plan that killed dozens of people before you could stop it then please, for the good of the people of Gotham City just kill that guy this time. Because you know he's just gonna escape and kill again, you know 100 percent that that is what will happen just like every other time.
>>
>>79862901
Remember that comic with soldiers invading fuck out of Hell?
>>
File: 1431494010693.jpg (78KB, 425x503px) Image search: [Google]
1431494010693.jpg
78KB, 425x503px
>>79862927
>Having an existence is still better than not having an existence.
when were mentally healthy people allowed on 4chan?
>>
>>79862927
Tell that to the guy Superman forced into an eternal existence of reliving the end of his life instead of giving him a quick clean killshot because "MURDER is WROOOOOOOOOOONG!"
>>
>>79863442

Why don't you kill yourself if you find living such a hell? Because you are afraid since you don't know what's on the other side.
>>
>>79863501
Joke's on you, Anon's muslim so when he dies he's going to McDonalds.

FACE!
>>
File: 1399090637947.jpg (22KB, 253x256px) Image search: [Google]
1399090637947.jpg
22KB, 253x256px
>>79863501
>implying
Unfortunately, I'm living at gunpoint by the people that need me and care about me. I don't believe in God or an afterlife or any sort of Cosmic Reason. I can't wait to die, but I'm not yet at a point where I don't care about the damage it could cause to others if I were to take my own life.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to this movie because it's theoretically what I've wanted since I was a kid.

To OP's credit, Batman did in fact kill at least two men in that scene.
>>
>>79863333
So you'd rather have someone be alive in excruciating agony rather than just let them die? I might be negative but you're just plain heartless.
>>
>>79862705

>be a kid
>Family is Catholic
>go to catholic school
>idiolize DOCTOR father and his "hippocratic oath"
>Most traumatic event is the dead of my parents
>go to asian to train
>learn buddhism and other eastern philosophies
>get adoctrinated all your life that LIVE IS SACRED
>All life most be preserved
>still faggots make stupid questions when all your past points to one single conclusion: You must protect every single life.
>>
>>79863754
Nice try, logicfag.
>>
>>79863485
Superman didn't want to get side-eyed by the rest of the Justice League, the way Wondie did after she killed Maxwell Lord
>>
>>79863754
>hurr I'm a fucking retard who can't even use english
>Hurr hippocratic oath says do no harm
>hurr it makes sense for batman to cripple petty criminals because eastern philosphy
>>
>>79862705
Cant take the beating? Dont do the crime
>>
>>79863411
What you want to read is a creator owned comic where villains die and are replaced by other villains. Because nobody wants to read Batman wishing that most of its rogues disappear.
>>
>>79863754
Bruce isn't Catholic, Matt is
>>
>>79863883
>Bruce isn't Catholic,
He isnt catholic, but they wayne had been catholics since the 70's. Gotham is a polish-italian-irish shithole
>>
>>79862705
Batman doesn't kill criminals for their sake.
He hates criminals.
He doesn't kill for himself. Because he knows that's a line he can never cross.
>>
File: ds.jpg (645KB, 999x1525px) Image search: [Google]
ds.jpg
645KB, 999x1525px
>>79863883

Almost all churches in Gotham are Catholic and Bruce going to Catholic school is not something new.
>>
>>79863501
You do realize that being afraid of death is a part of the survival instinct. Even when you think there's no after life you're still afraid. You need to be desperate to not fear.

And thinking I'd rather be dead than living with half my body hardly responding and being unable to think straight after a stroke, is really different to wanting to die when you're healthy.
>>
>>79863953
So he's a crazy person who thinks he's sane as long as he doesn't kill?
>>
>>79862705
FUCK YEAH BATMAN
>>
>>79862705
You know this is fake, right? They don't hit themselves for real, you dum-dum
>>
>>79863052
U
>>
>>79863001
sauce?
i remember reading this.
>>
>>79864098
>So he's a crazy person who thinks he's sane as long as he doesn't kill?
Yeah.

Well, kinda.

I suspect Batman knows he's not exactly sane, but that he uses his force of will to force his madness into something...constructive.
Killing anyone, even a criminal, would tell him he's lost control.
>>
Batman hates death, not beating up people

It's almost as if...something happened to him at a young age that would give him an over the top insane dislike of death, dying, and killing...
>>
>>79862705
is this going to be the thing for the next 2 decades?

jesus christ, I want a death panel.
>>
File: 1455335856510.jpg (247KB, 700x724px) Image search: [Google]
1455335856510.jpg
247KB, 700x724px
>>79863001
this was a really fucked up story
Don't let it ever be said that Batman is a good person because he doesn't kill
>>
>>79864843
Are you saying he isnt a good person?
>>
>>79863001
I don't get this image...is that some surreal illusion/dream sequence or are those people real?
>>
>>79862927
False.

Make you a quadriplegic and you'd be begging for death within the year. Totally justified in doing so, too. A lifetime of it? I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.
>>
>>79864920
The picture's pretty straight forward anon, Bruce didn't kill these people but he fucked them up real bad.
>>
>>79864857
He disfigures criminals and then lets them spend the rest of their life in prison
>>
>>79865006
So there's a weird blob faced guy, a guy with a batarang sticking out of his head, a guy with a bootprint on his face, and a....suicide girl running around?
>>
>>79865006
But Batarang-Head threw the batarang himself.
>>
>>79862927
Yeah, no.
Not existing might mean not being able to feel joy anymore but it also saves you from pain and if the pain part is much larger than the joy part then dying sounds much better.
>>
>>79862705
Yes. Yes it is.
>>
>>79862927

Fuck off Normie
>>
File: batman club.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
batman club.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>79865040

Sounds like justice to me.
>>
>>79865040
>He disfigures criminals and then lets them spend the rest of their life in prison

And he saves the world twice a year, his city every week, he donates millions every hour of the day, he fights hunger un africa, sacrifices his own happiness to protect the innocent, gives jobs to most of new jersey and pays for the healt care of his city, would gladly give his life if it means saving other person. But yeah, he is mean to crimanals..
>>
File: supermanlostalljoys.jpg (108KB, 400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
supermanlostalljoys.jpg
108KB, 400x1050px
>people feel bad for criminals

I do not like current year.
>>
>>79862927
You have a torture fetish dont you anon
>>
>>79862705
HA HAAA BATMAN'S WINNING THE ROYAL RUMBLE MAGGLE
>>
File: 1454018329397.png (58KB, 256x312px) Image search: [Google]
1454018329397.png
58KB, 256x312px
>>79864563
Why could ask his parents?
>>
>>79862911
>>79863754
Only sane people in thread.
>>79865405
It is kind of bizarre to me how readily people will argue the defense for Batman's "victims" but never wanna say "but oh yeah, on the page before the one where Batman broke their ribs, they were trying to gangrape a 13 year old girl, so yeah."
>>
>>79864843
Batman is not a good person. A bruce wayne is what Gotham is what we need, not a Batman. A Bruce who would create schools and give advancement to the underclass. A Bruce who would fund a mental ward that actually helped it's clients, not just drive them more crazy. Bruce is the Hero Gotham needs.... But Batman is the one they deserve.
>>
>>79862705
Superman has this exact problem with Batman in the movie
Like damn man I can accept decking the Joker or Deadshot or something but there's no reason to cripple nameless thug #5 for the rest of his life
>>
File: Batman Confidential 06 - 20.jpg (690KB, 1280x1950px) Image search: [Google]
Batman Confidential 06 - 20.jpg
690KB, 1280x1950px
>>79866446
FUCK. OFF.

WITH THE FUCKING "I ONLY KNOW BATMAN FROM THE NOLAN MOVIES" BULLSHIT.

Literally every fucking time Bruce Wayne shows up in the comic books, he's throwing another few million dollars at building a new hospital, or orphanage, or homeless shelter, or community center, or a scholarship program or to buy the GCPD a decade's worth of bulletproof armor.

Stop fucking bitching about characters you clearly don't actually give a single solitary shit about.
>>
>>79865200
Nice dubs
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>79866501
I trust that Batman knew that Nameless Thug #5 was a serial rapist/murderer that got out because Black Mask footed the bill, or some shit. It's not like Gotham criminals are mostly nice people, a lot of them are just fucking evil.

Did people in this thread feel sorry for the thugs that Robocop shot too?
>>
File: batmanmask.jpg (10KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
batmanmask.jpg
10KB, 320x180px
You ever noticed how Batman only beats the shit out of those hardened repeat criminals? I don't see him drop kicking shoplifters of teenagers who can't get a job.

I can't find it but there is one girl he even gives a secretary job to who belonged to the joker gang since he knew she was just a victim of circumstance and not a real criminal.

The fact that you should play soft with violent people who takes everything from those too weak to fight back is beyond my understanding.
>>
>>79866595
Shit, even in the Nolan movies he does that! After establishing his presence and his lazy-idiot-playboy persona in Begins, he only bothers being Bruce Wayne to:
>Bankroll Harvey Dent's campaign, knowing he can legitimately clean up Gotham.
>Visit the orphanages he also funds.
>Fund research into renewable energy projects that will not only help the whole world in the long-term, but renew Gotham's economy in the short term.
>Turns his ancestral home into an orphanage.

It might have been nice to see him do more, but in the time they had they still made sure to showcase this stuff, and people STILL don't get it.
>>
Remember to report the thread so maybe someday we can stop seeing it twenty times a day
>>
>>79866805
Fucking seriously! Even in Year One, the first time he goes out as Batman, he's genuinely concerned when he freaks out some juvenile delinquent so bad he almost falls to his death.

>The fact that you should play soft with violent people who takes everything from those too weak to fight back is beyond my understanding.
People also forget the brutality with which Batman fights is a result of making him more "realistic", in that, in real life, if you wanted to survive a fight with multiple foes, you'd HAVE to just fuck their shit up, because it's the only way to make sure they don't overwhelm you with numbers and fucking kill you. Batman is just choosing the only option that doesn't end with either him or the criminals dead. In the aforementioned scene, Batman grabs the kid and pulls him up, but has to do so while his shitty partners in crime are kicking and hitting Batman over the head with goddamn TVs and shit.

Batman respects life. The only criminals he really bothers to fuck up are the ones who clearly don't. Even in TDKR, in the famous "There are five moves from this position... 3 of them disarm with minimal contact, one of them kills, the other one... HURTS." sequence, he only chooses to make the guy HURT because he just fucking mowed down one of his own men with machine gun fire.
>>
>>79862888
Institutionalizing the criminally insane where they can get the absolute best care available for the mind and body, even with excessive force, still is the more humane option when weighed against killing them off.
>>
>>79863411
What I don't get is why he doesn't use the cryo-statis tech Nora Fries is preserved in and just keep all his rogues as popsicles. That way he hasn't taken a life and they're in no position to plot an escape.
>>
>>79867901
Because he doesn't live in the dystopian world of Demolition Man?

I dunno man, cryogenics is used to put physical ailments in stasis until a cure can be perfected. But who would you use that on? Clayface is the only one I can think of cuz he's a legit freak of science, maybe Phosphorous Man too, but Killer Croc? ANY lawyer would take the whole state to task for discriminating against his client because of his birth deformity.

And most of Batman's villains are just mentally disturbed, so what? You put the Joker or Two-Face on ice, shrug and go "Eh, I'm sure future therapy will master psycho-reintegration."? I know this phrase gets thrown around a lot, but that's a legit slippery slope.

And if you're saying Batman should just do it himself, he doesn't for the same reason he doesn't just keep all his villains locked up in his own personal dungeon.
>>
>>79863754
>You must protect every single life.
Life, above all. Except when it endangers another.
(Buddhist have pest control as a profession, too)
>>
>>79862927
Go read Schopenhauer
>>
>>79865405
>people feel bad for criminals
Don't go to San Francisco.
(the city council honors criminals with special days but not fallen protectors)
>>
File: 1392010629890.jpg (153KB, 639x765px) Image search: [Google]
1392010629890.jpg
153KB, 639x765px
>>79862705
Batman has said it time and time again. The only reason he doesn't kill people is because he's afraid if he does it once, he'll become a serial killer. That it'll become too easy for him to just murder anyone. It's not an issue of morality.
>>
The real joke is that even cops know they have to kill sometimes.

If Batman has a kill-only-when-necessary rule, criminals will fear him a lot more, and villains will have nothing to hold over his head.
>>
>>79862705
>I tried to do evil illegal things... but, *sob* a mean man dressed as a bat beat me up...
Stop breaking the law crybaby.
>>
>>79868280

I'm convinced that San Francisco is the only that could be nuked with no retaliation to whoever did it. Nothing of value would be lost there. It is the modern city of Sodom and Gomorrah.
>>
>>79868366
>San Francisco
>nuked
I hope not. Marin County to the north and San Mateo County to the south don't share most of SF's BS.
>>
>>79868185
Batman is already a vigilante who takes justice into his own hands, I dunno how much worse it would be to put someone in deep freeze versus breaking their spine and leaving them with permanent cognitive and physical disabilities. Actually, come to think of it, this could actually be a legit cure for Joker. Freeze him for 150 years, thaw him out after Bruce is long dead and Batman is remembered as an urban legend, and let him go. Without his foil to show off for I get the feeling he would just lose interest.
>>
It honestly doesn't look like any of the people in that clip were seriously injured beyond maybe a broken jaw or a couple of ribs.
>>
>>79868208
It's actually a plot point that Bruce can't accept that particular tenet. It's why he never completed his training with any one master, but was always moving on to the next one - he couldn't accept his childhood trauma, because that was his motivation.
>>
>>79868639
You keep saying shit like that, but breaking someone's SPINE? Batman's not Bane. He's usually written as causing shit like broken ribs, compound fractures and black eyes, and maybe somebody gets a little fucked up by a batarang, but he's not fucking making quadraplegics. The worst he does is putting criminals in casts for months, and he usually reserves that for fuckers like the Joker.

But please, tell me where I can read these stories where you've seen him deliberately cause massive spinal or brain trauma?
>>
>>79864843
Did you actually read the story, or are you just taking a cropped image at face value?

Because the parts cropped out kind of change all that and unambiguously make every one of their injuries their own fault. Like, completely unambiguous, they had the guy with the batarang in his head actually throw the fucking thing into his own skull it was so blatant. Dumbass literally picked up the thing and lodged it in his own skull.

He's a good person, but the people he fights are fucking stupid.
>>
>>79862705
>Instead I'm going to cripple every thug I meet, breaking their necks and cracking their skulls causing permanent damage to their well-being such that they never recover physically and mentally. This is the moral thing to do.
^this is so movie can be interesting since movie lovers like violence. If you want the real batman experience watch Batman: The animated series, or The Dark Knight Returns.
>>
This has been said a million times but realistically Batman has probably killed people before

A few of those henchmen he rekts probably eventually die in the hospital or later on due to complications from the injuries he gives them
>>
>>79862784
I dunno about this film, but Bruce Wayne funds criminal rehabilitation programs and hires ex-cons after they did their time. For a grimdark edgelord paranoid asshole, Bruce is a decent guy.
>>
They'll walk it off until it's thematically appropriate.
>>
File: bb1014.jpg (55KB, 960x404px) Image search: [Google]
bb1014.jpg
55KB, 960x404px
>>79862705
>I'm not going to kill you, but I'm not going to save you from this trap I prepared for your death either
>No guns, no kills...unless you fire missiles, those doesn't count
>>
>>79869314
Well, it's not like his parents were killed by shrapnel or splash damage.
>>
>>79869314
Nolan's Batman was a pretty terrible Batman. I mean, Burton's Batman killed, but at least he wasn't a hypocrite about it.

That said, I do wonder why the GCPD was willing to publicly acknowledge and condone Burton's Batman's actions considering his ludicrously high kill count.
>>
File: transfat.png (576KB, 588x623px) Image search: [Google]
transfat.png
576KB, 588x623px
>>79869165
Great now we'll have to put up years of shitposting about Batmaim V MurderMan Dawn of Doom.
>>
>>79869414
>My parents are dead therefore I can be an hypocrite and keep killing while fooling myself and others
Kill or not kill, don't hide behind shitty excuses
>>
>>79862705
Batman just doesn't want anyone to die if he can prevent it.
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.