[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Rich the Leech says he's gonna be posting a shit ton

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 612
Thread images: 44

File: CZWmORAWcAEl54H.0.0.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
CZWmORAWcAEl54H.0.0.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
So Rich the Leech says he's gonna be posting a shit ton of Rebirth rumours throughout the day.

Please keep your whining about BC for another thread, this thread is for fun rumouring and related shitposting.

So far:

>I understand that as part of the rename/relaunch happening across the DC Comics line this summer, we well see a new Titans superhero team comic, dropping the Teen prefix, and spinning out of Titans Hunt.

>That current Titans Hunt book has seen a number of the original Teen Titans return, remembering each other and a time that was seemingly wiped from existence by the New 52 relaunch.
>>
File: dtccv871ds-copy.jpg (245KB, 669x1029px) Image search: [Google]
dtccv871ds-copy.jpg
245KB, 669x1029px
>Batman is one of the comics that will going bi-weekly at DC Comics, after the big relaunch, this summer.

>Look for its writer for the last five years, Scott Snyder to change his plans as a result, to leave the title that made him an A-List comic book superstar and start writing – the secondary Batman title at the publisher – Detective Comics.

>Detective Comics will remain a monthly title. The decision to switch books is more likely to be remove Snyder from the event driven nature of some modern comics and of the pressure of writing the lead Batbook, and DC’s bestselling title. He will be more able to do as he pleases with he character.

>Here’s the bigger question though; with Scott Snyder on board, will Detective Comics start to outsell Batman?
>>
File: Sil11.jpg (159KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Sil11.jpg
159KB, 720x960px
>We’ve been saying for a while that Top Cow owner and Image Comics founder Marc Silvestri was working on a new Batman comic book.

>And year after year, it hasn’t come close to being put on the DC Comics schedules, making us look a little like chumps.

>Well, I have been told that, as part of the DC Comic Rebirth relaunch project, that Marc Silvestri’s Batman will be one of the comics that will finally be scheduled. Possibly even for 2016!
>>
And of course, the classic

>I have been told to be careful about what I report regarding certain people being attached to certain projects. In that I understand that, just as with the New 52, some people are writing for an upcoming new comic book unaware that what they re doing is actually pitching for that comic – and competing with others for that gig. One person who I was guaranteed by some to definitely be working on a high profile book is not, I’m told, actually locked down on it yet and has competition. So I am treading carefully…
>>
>>79512076
I don't understand why he says "us" when it's just Rich who says any of this shit.
>>
>>79512088
>So I am treading carefully…
No you're trying to create an excuse for the fact that you're pulling all this shit outta your ass.
>>
Jesus, didn't Rich show up here the day of the Rebirth announcement and express regret at being a sensationalist that's eventually proven wrong? And now he's doubling down on a full day of this stuff?
>>
Am I in the minority saying that I like Detective/Action comics name better than the main titles? Too bad they couldn't keep the numbering.
>>
>>79512164
Just because he regrets it doesn't change the fact that that's the only reason BC exists at this point. If he stopped doing that then he'd lose all ad revenue. A clickbait site doesn't just go "we're going to stop making clickbait" and expect to maintain their userbase.

I mean, the only thing BC has going for them beyond Rich's "rumors" is their Avatar Press shilling.
>>
>>79512063
>Snyder able to write Batman without having to make every other story a big event
Does this mean we're finally getting some Black Mirror level shit again?
>>
File: 2011+5.jpg (71KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
2011+5.jpg
71KB, 250x250px
>So how is the publication schedule of Rebirth going to look for the upcoming DC Comics relaunch we have been going on about for an age?

>Here’s how it’s going to go, as far as I understand it.

In February, Batman #49
In March, Batman #50
In April, Batman #51
In May, Batman #52
In the first half of June – either Batman #Rebirth or Batman Rebirth #1
In the second half of June, Batman #1
In the first half of July, Batman #2
In the second half of July, Batman #3.

>All the books being relaunched as part of the DC Rebirth (and no, I don’t know how that will affect mini-series half way through their runs) will get a special Rebirth issue before their new #1. And those that are bi-weekly, like Batman, will get that first issue in the same month as their Rebirth issue.

>I have no idea what’s in it, or what it will mean. But I am asking.
>>
Can't this fucker just release all the news at once instead of his multiple clicks shit.
>>
>>79512388
But this gives him more of that sweet ad money from people who aren't blocking.
>>
>>79512388
Clicks are life, clicks are love.
I love when news website in my country puts headline with BIG letters because it's IMPORTANT.
Then in news you read "if you want to find out more, click here to go to some other site".
>>
>>79512396
>Not using Adblock
That's just silly

I really hope this gets superman some good talent and another editorial team. I'm currently reading 0 DC books and I actually like DC
>>
Tell me about non-Batbooks pls
>>
>>79512426
A lot of middle aged people don't use adblock, which is a huge audience for superhero comics.
>>
>>79512221

but black mirror was mediocre at best
just like his gates of gotham and all of his run on nu52 batman
>>
>>79512056
I assume we're going to get an actual Rebirth announcement from DC this week or maybe next then
>>
>>79512446
Kek there is some truth to that

I really hope DC makes an announcement on CBR or somewhere in between these Rich Johnston posts.
>>
>>79512426
I think we should make a petition to get Berganza off the Superman editorial.
>>
>>79512523
Someone needs to expose him as a sexual predator or something. DC will get some flak, but the quality of superman books will improve in the long term.
>>
>>79512446
Also somebody on cellphone.
>>
>>79512328
Oh God, calling the book Batman #Rebirth would be just stupid enough that I can believe it.
>>
>>79512445
Flash might get a new team since Van Jensen has said he's off

GL is probably getting a new artist, Venditti will probably stay

Sinestro is getting a new artist or maybe just cancelled
>>
>>79512523
Its crazy how someone who has had mediocre books after mediocre books for years still has this gig
>>
>>79512063
>and start writing – the secondary Batman title at the publisher – Detective Comics.

He says that like its a bad thing. That title gives writers plenty more room to breathe.
>>
>>79512542

>Venditti will probably stay

this guy ruined this series. why keep him, DC?
>>
>>79512533
He was exposed as a sexual predator years ago. All they did was demote him then shove him in a less public position while making it so he only works with other men to avoid another scandal.

Nothing will get Berganza fired. At best, he'll just get moved to a less important editorial division like Titans.
>>
>>79512557
Berganza already runs Titans. At DC it's "bat-family" and "other books."
>>
Holding out for E2/JSA news
>>
>>79512557
I thought he was already editing Titans
>>
>>79512539
Every book is being rebirthed. Batman is just being used as an example.
Here's how it goes.

- Final issue.
- Rebirth Issue.
- New #1 issue.
>>
>>79512557
>>79512570
>>79512576
He's been on Titans even before he was on the Supes line
>>
Uh..this sounds stupid. Batman is already selling high. Do they want it to sell in millions now? Marvel's relaunched titles are already selling low.
>>
>>79512582
>giving all the books a #1 when Marvel's latest attempt shows that no longer works
Granted a lot of those just continued with the same writers...
>>
>>79512603
New #1's is the name if the game, I hate it but... fuck do we know. If this doesn't pay off, I see some serious repercussions for Dan and the Gang,
>>
>>79512601
They figured "well Batman sells really well, so let's have it double ship so we can get twice as much Batman sales." Marvel did it all the time with Amazing Spider-man.
>>
>>79512221
>Does this mean we're finally getting some Black Mirror level shit again?

Is there a more overrated story here bros? It was ok at best. Jock's art really elevated it.
>>
File: rdibTslD-350x350.jpg (33KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
rdibTslD-350x350.jpg
33KB, 350x350px
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/02/dc-comics-rebirth-tom-king-is-the-new-batman-bi-weekly-writer/

>As part of… whatever DC Comics’ new Rebirth relaunch is, I understand from multiple parties that Tom King, writer of Grayson, Omega Men, Sheriff Of Babylon, Futurama and The Vision comics, is favourite at DC Comics to take the reigns. When I least heard, it wasn’t quite locked down, but it was expected to happen by all parties.

>Ex-CIA operative King, though relatively new to comic books, has had an impressive run of work so far and is one of Scott Snyder’s gang at DC Comics. Tom King working on Batman while Snyder works on Detective Comics has been described to me as akin to Jason Aaron and Kieron Gillen working in simpatico together on Star Wars and Darth Vader, basically in and out of the other’s pockets…
>>
File: rdibTslD.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
rdibTslD.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>Bleeding Cool was the first to report that Scott Snyder would be leaving the Batman monthly comic he has flourished on, as it goes bi-weekly and starts from a new #1 as part of the DC Rebirth relaunch project. And that Snyder will instead take on the also-relaunched-but-staying-monthly Detective Comics, also starring Batman.

>As part of… whatever DC Comics’ new Rebirth relaunch is, I understand from multiple parties that Tom King, writer of Grayson, Omega Men, Sheriff Of Babylon, Futurama and The Vision comics, is favourite at DC Comics to take the reigns. When I least heard, it wasn’t quite locked down, but it was expected to happen by all parties.

>Ex-CIA operative King, though relatively new to comic books, has had an impressive run of work so far and is one of Scott Snyder’s gang at DC Comics. Tom King working on Batman while Snyder works on Detective Comics has been described to me as akin to Jason Aaron and Kieron Gillen working in simpatico together on Star Wars and Darth Vader, basically in and out of the other’s pockets…

>Indeed, maybe that’s the better analogy to make. Batman is DC’s Star Wars.

>Recently, Bleeding Cool also announced that Tom King was leaving Grayson early. Well, those new bi-weekly issues don’t write themselves…
>>
>>79512328

This doesn't add up. I bet the "Rebirth" issues are gonna be one-shot jumping on points. So the Rebirth issues will end saying "continued in Batman #53" or whatever.

I have a feeling they're cautious about rebooting their entire line, especially their long-running flagship books like detective and action. Flash and GL probably should though. They won't simply copy Marvel.
>>
>>79512629
Dickbats confirmed.
>>
>>79512630
>>79512629
>Batman stealing King from Dick
Fuck sake
Im assuming Batman will be more Batfam central now while DC is purely about Bruce
>>
>>79512642
With Damien, pls.
>>
>>79512601
>>79512603
Marvel's big problem with the relaunch was having Secret Wars in the middle. If your average casual reader who's only buying one or two books comes in and gets told the books they wanted had ended, they won't come back in four or five months for the new issue one.

If it had been set up as Final Issue, Transitional Issue, New Number 1 without skipping a month, you wouldn't have lost the cherry pickers and they'd have been able to follow it.
>>
>>79512629
>>79512630

But who's going to save Green Lantern now?
>>
>>79512629
>King on DC's biggest title, which would probably stave off Marvel's attempts to make him sign an exclusive
>But not on GL

I'm deeply conflicted about this
>>
>>79512629
>>79512630

Well it will easily be better than Snyder's embarrassing run. Shame Capullo was wasted on him.
>>
>>79512657
I cant wait to watch people like you turn on King, itll be hilarious
>>
>>79512654
>King on DC's biggest title, which would probably stave off Marvel's attempts to make him sign an exclusive
They should offer him Old Man Rogers or Bucky, not fucking Vision.
>>
>>79512678
>people like you

YOU DONT KNOW ME.
>>
>>79512630
This is it. This is when /co/ turns on King.

Either that, or everyone keeps trying to be the first one to turn, that /co/ as a whole just skips that phase and stays as Kingfags
>>
>>79512642
More like it is going to be Dick as a spy and Bruce as Batman working together probably.
>>
>>79512647
Happened with Snyder, might as well happen with King too.

>>79512678
I think it ready started yesterday.
>>
>>79512711
People like you will keep showing up in storytimes saying he's overrated, when his quality still shows, if that's what you mean.
>>
>>79512685
Given the fan reaction to Vision and how they're pushing it Marvel will probably offer him something bigger like with certain other writers assuming he doesn't just focus on Batman.
>>
>>79512678
>>79512711

Ok samefag, we get it.
>>
>King on Batman
>/co/ will hate him in a year
Fav this post
>>
>>79512711
Vision launched right when they announced Omega Men was done, people started to turn on him because it all fed into the company wars BS.
>>
>>79512652
Rob Williams. He's British. He's sci-fi enthusiast. He's writing cosmic level mindfuckery in MM (sorta). What more do you want?
>>
>>79512056
>Another fucking relaunch

Apathy abounds. At this rate just expect the big two to relaunch ever 2 years.
>>
>>79512063
Wow it never occurred to me that Snyder was somehow pressured to deliver these overblown events all the time. I just assumed he was obsessed with destroying Gotham every five weeks, and the Joker. Maybe he doesn't deserve all of the blame, after all.

I have no doubts that King could write a good Batman (I love Grayson, but I'm too intrigued to be mad right now), but the bi-weekly thing doesn't sound so great. He seems like a guy who puts a lot of effort into his scripts.
>>
>>79512736
For him not to be MEDIOCRE AS ALL FUCK
>>
>>79512759
Marbel are already doing it every 6 months
>>
>>79512761
Omega Men and Grayson go, that's two issues a month
>>
>>79512761
Well Omega Men is already cancelled and he's off Grayson starting next issue or the one after.
>>
>>79512774
You can't get any worse than Venditti and he's not mediocre. His 2000 AD work is the shit and MM is awesome. KYS.
>>
>>79512819
Dont try talk with GLfags, theyll just keep crying till Johns is back on the book
>>
>>79512788
Damn. I knew about OM but I was hoping he'd stay on Grayson. That's my favorite book. :(

I do want to see his Batman though. Conflicted.
>>
>>79512711
>This is it. This is when /co/ turns on King.
We already started turning on him. Didn't you see all the "Tom King is an SJW" threads?
>>
>>79512759
Yeah, Rebirth better be a big deal to spur a line wide relaunch.

This really has the potential to bite DC in the ass. We saw how quickly sales dropped for Marvel after their recent #1 fiasco. I'm really curious how LCS and causal fans are going to take it.
>>
>>79512851
Almost 500 post.
>>
>>79512869
I don't mind. Aquaman and JL #1 came out 5 years ago, I won't slit my wrists over that.
>>
>>79512851
Kink me.
>>
>>79512869
Yeah but that was one thread, and at least 70% of the people in there were going off-topic or making fun of it.
>>
>>79512869
Well people are already shitting all over Rebirth thanks to being told or assuming it's a line wide relaunch.
>>
>>79512884
Link I meant

>>79512851
>>
>>79512642
I hate to dash your hopes but Bruce is just now returning to the cowl no way are they gonna put Dick anywhere near Batman even with King as the writer
>>
>>79512897
Well that's disappointing
>>
>>79512819
Why is Venditti so great with Valiant titles but shit at everything else?
>>
>>79512894
>relaunch
You sure? I've seen people going all IT'S NEW REBOOT, AGAIN! AND WE JUST STARTED NEW 52! RUN FOR THE HILLS!
>>
File: Starfire_Vol_2-2_Cover-2.jpg (356KB, 900x1384px) Image search: [Google]
Starfire_Vol_2-2_Cover-2.jpg
356KB, 900x1384px
>I get stories from all kinds of sources. Creators, retailers, publishers, staffers, distributors, and people who just happen to be in the right place. Some I know the credentials, some their past stories give me confidence to run them.

>Well, this piece is from a new anonymous source claiming to have certain specific insight regarding DC Comics. And who, last week, gave me the credentials of revealing to me the final pages of two DC titles out tomorrow that I was just able to confirm with a US retailer.

>So, this person has demonstrated they have access to comic books before they hit the shipping process.

>That doesn’t mean they are telling me the truth. Joe Quesada once did that trick to me a fair few years ago… this could be Dan DiDio, Geoff Johns or even John Cunningham.

>So bear this in mind. But this person – let’s call them “Writer X” tells me that the following titles will be cancelled before the DC Comics Rebirth.

Batman/Superman
Superman/Wonder Woman
Grayson
Starfire
Black Canary
Midnighter
Doctor Fate

>More on what’s replacing them to come. I have also, independently been able to corroborate that at least two of those titles are cancelled.

>But I am also told, from other sources, that the main solo characters will be moved to headline other titles. Starfire to Titans, Black Canary to Birds Of Prey, Grayson to Nightwing, that kind of thing.

>Interesting games to play…. could the cancellation of Midnighter suggest The Authority comic to replace it? Now, that is just speculation… sorry.
>>
>>79512629
>Futurama

?
>>
>>79512918
More creative freedom?
>>
>>79512647
I expect it to line up with whatever Snyder is doing on Detective Comics
>>
>>79512582
Marvel's problem are the same shitty writers taking the reign's, so much so that some of DC writers are helping marvel in their slump.
>>
>>79512918
Because Valiant is a clean slate, he can do whatever the fuck he wants. On GL all he's done are pointless retcons, that's his biggest achievement.
>>
>>79512897
>https://desustorage.org/co/thread/79491479
By the time the thread was deleted, it already had nearly 500 posts.
>>
King is a much better fit for Bruce than Dick imo
He's a good writer but you can tell he was stretching himself with grayson
>>
>>79512088
>some people are writing for an upcoming new comic book unaware that what they re doing is actually pitching for that comic
I love how this is supposed to be a secret but he keeps bringing it up. Creative teams are unaware that they're only pitching the titles but Rich the leech knows this, furthermore, he's making this information public knowledge and expects this to remain a secret. Rich is so full of shit.
>>
>>79512926

Ok. So what books have a chance of avoiding relaunch? Do you think they're relaunch Superman and Batman but keep AC and DC's numbering? I collect Action and I'd hate to see it go back to #1 so quick.

I'm concerned Rebirth is going to turn into a jumping OFF point like Secret Wars was...
>>
>YFW Rebirth is about leaving the current main DC Earth and focusing on another.
>52 issues of that before focusing on another earth.

Don't lie /co/, you would love this.
>>
>>79512918
Lower standards from people that read Valiant?
>>
>>79512629
But I want him on GL ;_;
>>
>>79512926
They finally killed Superman/Wonder Woman
and Batman/Superman
good those books are terrible and mainly pad out superman's line rather than their own
>>
>>79513002
And I want to buttfuck She-Hulk but it's not to be.
>>
>>79512832
Nah nigga most of us are crying for King to take over

Johns seemed pretty burned out by the end anyway
>>
>>79512582
Wonder what Johns/Sciver are working on then.

I know he teased a Gary Frank collaboration when he quit Superman, that hasn't surfaced yet (not E1 Batman).

The obvious answer is Shazam, but that's been that obvious answer for 4 years now so fuck that.
>>
>>79512973
>I'm concerned Rebirth is going to turn into a jumping OFF point like Secret Wars was...

This.

All my LCS are currently getting hit hard because Marvel sales have tanked. Casual (and even some more hardcore) fans jumped ship because of Secret Wars.

Hell even the big Marvel guy at my store has stopped picking up Marvel and is going with a mix of DC/Image instead.
>>
>>79513024
I bet it's gonna be the central Rebirth book.
DC: Rebirth. It'll be the foundation of the relaunch.
>>
>>79513024
Maybe it was earth one batman?
>>
but the whole rise of the seven seas arc. if they are rebboting all how are they going to do it?
>>
>>79512926
>Batman/Superman
>Superman/Wonder Woman
Good
>Grayson
Oh DickBats or something akin 100% confirmed. Dunno how thatll tie into Titans tho
>Starfire
Titans?
>Black Canary
Either GA or BoP book
>Midnighter
RIP, I expect no replacement book
>Dr Fate
Khalid/E2/JSA pls
>>
>>79513037
Maybe it'll be the first Aquaman/JL arc
>>
>>79513037
Just like how all those Flash plans were dropped when Flashpoint came around. Remember Geoff had a shit load planned?
>>
>>79512076
It has to be a mini because Silvestri can't seem to handle deadlines, just look at his Hulk run,
>>
>>79513029
SW hasn't deterred me from Marvel but their BS transparency has.

So i've been reading maybe 3 marvel books and More DC and Image books.
>>
>>79513037
>rebooting
Stop that. Its a relaunch and RoSS is still possible under these conditions
>>
>>79513048
When is Rise of Seven Seas supposed to happen? If it's four issue story split in two books, there's time for it to happen.
>>
>>79512959
He wrote a novel about Dick
>>
>>79512926
>Batman/Superman
I don't see why they'd do it. It isn't selling too bad. They just need to get a better creative team, the art is boring and suck and Pak is a hack.
>no Earth 2
Yeah, no, fuck you. Cancel that shit and put the artist on a Plastic Man ongoing.
>>
>>79512926
Great. Grayson and Midnighter were my favorite books. And I don't want all those whiners to get Nightwing back, and I don't believe Dickbats will happen. Lame.
>>
>>79513070
>Plastic Man ongoing
You think it'd sell? Even with digital?
>>
>>79513070
E2 will just get a reboot/rebirth again probably. Just because it aint cancelled doesnt mean they arent going to overhaul it
>>
>>79513067
Unclear. Darkseid War ends in April so unless JL double ships or doesn't end in June I don't think there's time

Also Hitch and Johns said they were planning a JL/JLA crossover (fuck knows how or why though)
>>
>>79513081
If it launches in a month with very few #1's then I see it surviving until 12.
>>
>>79513099
Theres nothing to say Johns is leaving JL post-Rebirth
>>
>>79513099
>Unclear
Figures. Oh well, wait and see. As usual.
>JL/JLA crossover
Didn't hear about this. I guess lot of time travel would be involved.
>>
>>79512946
He got to do whatever he wanted, with GL too, and with it he undid everything that Johns did.
>>
>>79513129
Yeah that's why I suggested ROTSS might be the first Rebirth arc for JL and Aquaman
>>
>>79513136
Johns probably killed Venditti's GL husbando.
>>
>>79513160
We all miss Jack T Chance, that's no excuse
>>
This has been coming for a bit. Remember the "stop Batgirling" decree that came down from on high? This is the reaction to that.

Speaking of Batgirl, I'm curious if this means that Burnside is over. I'm love a return to the early nu-52 suit and a different creative team.
>>
Now that an ex CIA is writing Batman, will CIA be included as a supporting character in his run?
>>
>>79513172
Meat and potatoes? Ha.
And no, Batgirl expands into League of Batgirls with fan favorites.
>>
>>79513183
No
>>
>>79513070

>Cancel Batman/Superman and Superman/Wonder Woman
>Launch a new Biweekly Trinity book to try to get that Batman vs Superman money
>>
>>79513172
Batgirling was still working for Batgirl so i doubt it
They just meant stop doing it to every new book
>>
>>79513203
>>Launch a new Biweekly Trinity book to try to get that Batman vs Superman money

I'd be ok with this.jpg
>>
>>79513172
Why would it be over if it was semi-successful fir Babs? It just means DC won't try to apply it to other books anymore, where it failed to have similar effect.
>>
>>79513172
>Speaking of Batgirl, I'm curious if this means that Burnside is over.
I really doubt it, did you see Batgirl's new costume already made it into a DTV? They're not getting rid of that

I'm pretty sure the meat and potatoes is mostly in reference to DC's A-list characters and JL members, they gotta get back to basics
>>
>>79513183
For You.

Dr. Pawel.
>>
>>79513172
Remember the "stop Batgirling" decree that came down from on high?
Pretty sure that came from Rich too.
>>
File: 1985501-picture_3.jpg (72KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1985501-picture_3.jpg
72KB, 640x360px
>>79513224
>Batgirl's new costume already made it into a DTV

I'm sorry to hear this. I really just don't like the burnside suit.

IMO the early nu52 design was one of the best she has had in awhile. Really would love to see it or something like it back one day.
>>
>>79513325
I'm not fan of Burnside costume, either. She looks like car mechanic.
>>
>>79513325
>headcanon that Batman bought her that expensive-looking armored suit because he figured if she's going to fight crime she should at least have a greater degree of protection than a makeshift costume
>the only reason he hasn't replaced the one she has on now is because he has amnesia
>>
Next update please Rich
>>
>>79513433
>next news is about Crossed
Fucker is playing with us.
>>
>bi-weekly comics
That's fucking terrible. The art changes will be unbearable and writers will shit out mediocre scripts just to reach the deadlines.

Who thought this was a good idea?
>>
>>79513172
>Remember the "stop Batgirling" decree that came down from on high?
Fuck off Rich. Just because you keep saying it doesn't make it true.
>>
>>79513492
Depends of the creative team.

There was a biweekly run of X-files comics back in the 90s that was GOAT and the writing/art never suffered.

As long as the new team knows what it is getting into and has the lead time needed, then it should be fine.
>>
>>79513492
They want to catch up with Marvel in the marketshare. In reality most Marvel books that double ship don't do it every month because of delays
>>
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/02/dc-comics-rebirth-rumoured-cancelled-comics-include-starfire-midnighter-and-black-canary/

So these books are rumoured to get cancelled.
>Batman/Superman
>Superman/Wonder Woman
>Grayson
>Starfire
>Black Canary
>Midnighter
>Dr Fate
>>
>>79513540
Gotta make space for Batman/Wonder Woman.
Diana, Justice bicycle.
>>
>>79513540

so all the shit ones, except acording to co grayson

good ridance nobody read those
>>
Pak is off Action Comics with 50

https://twitter.com/gregpak/status/694544411787710464
>>
>>79513037
>reboot

Could you please stop this
>>
>>79513584
Fuck. I bet he's going Marvel Exclusive.
>>
>>79513584
Clark/Lee in #50, make it happen Greg.
>>
>>79513609
he's on Teen Titans, but
i doubt it'll even be a quarter as fun as Cho Hulk
>>
>>79513325
>>
>>79513635
A few days ago they said Teen Titans was being cancelled and reworked into Titans. So... fuck.
>>
>>79513609
I doubt it, he only started working at DC with Action and Bats/Supes and he's seemed pretty happy

Then again he makes it sound like TT is just one story https://twitter.com/gregpak/status/694544630591918080
>>
File: if only.jpg (29KB, 695x184px) Image search: [Google]
if only.jpg
29KB, 695x184px
>>79513584
The dream is not dead
>>
>>79513584
Is that before or after Tomasi Superman crossover?
>>
>>79513650
All the books he's on are getting cancelled.
>>
>>79513609
He was for a while and he has big plans for Rebirth according to Newsarama article.
>>
>>79513640
Nice.

I actually picked up the DCC statue based on this. Have it next to the Arkham Knight DCC statue that came out last summer.
>>
>>79513653
Tomasi will be on 51 and 52
>>
>>79513651
Get outta here Shit Landis
>>
>>79513692
You're thinking of Dan Jurgens.
>>
>>79513682
He says he's working on secret stuff and I doubt it's for Marvel
>>
>>79513704
As garbage as Landis is, Sholly's Action back-ups during Morrison's run were great.
>>
>>79513651
Goddamn that would be amazing.
>>
>>79513719
>Tom Taylor
>>
>>79513540
Only real losses here are Grayson and Midnighter, and I'm pretty sure whatever King does next will have them involved somehow.

I wish I was a little sadder over Starfire too, but the book really wasn't going anywhere
>>
>>79513735
Tom loves superman though, but I don't know if I want him on the main tittle
>>
>>79513792
A lot of writers love Superman
Doesnt mean theyre good at writing the character
>>
>>79513792
Yeah, I really wish Starfire was better plotted. It could have been a fun book.
>>
File: Batgirl_Vol_4-50_Cover-1_Teaser.jpg (318KB, 900x1367px) Image search: [Google]
Batgirl_Vol_4-50_Cover-1_Teaser.jpg
318KB, 900x1367px
>>79512926
>Black Canary to BoP

I guess this confirms the theories based on Batgirls issue 50 cover? Maybe Camstew will get kicked too.
>>
Woops >>79513812 was meant for >>79513779
>>
>>79512629
>>79512630
oh god, the jasonfags on CBR are going to be insufferable
>>
>>79513540
I'll miss Midnighter and Grayson, that's for sure.

Starfire was pretty cute, but it was carried by Lupa's art. Now that she's off the book, I'm not that excited about it anymore.
>>
>>79512545
He knows where the bodies are buried.
>>
So, is this Rich guy a trusted source for rumors or is he more wrong than right usually?
>>
>>79513915
Are you new?
>>
>>79513928
Fresh off /tv/ train.
>>
>>79513915
The latter.
Plus, he's rather scummy in his tactics and reporting, often bending evidence to provide a point of view different from the actual perspective.

Plus, he steals stuff from /co/. And that's no good.
>>
>>79513705
http://www.newsarama.com/27782-who-is-wonder-girl-in-new-52-greg-pak-asks-in-teen-titans.html

No nigga, don't tell me wjat I'm thinking.

>Nrama: You said earlier that you're doing a "storyline" for Teen Titans. Does that mean you have something else lined up after that?

>Pak: After that, we have secret things on the agenda that I can't reveal yet.
>>
>>79513928
Been here for two years, but I usually don't come into rumor threads.

This Rebirth shit is making me curious though.
>>
>>79513935
>Plus, he steals stuff from /co/. And that's no good.
I'm surprised he hasn't made an article claiming Dickbats is gonna be back.
>>
>>79513640
This image would be really pretty if it didn't defy anatomy with the right breast pulling downward while it should be moving up at least slightly with the arm raise. This is what happens when you're raised on shitty anime anatomy.
>>
>>79512928
The best I can figure is that the was a Tom King who did art on issues of Futurama and The Simpsons comics.
>>
>>79514147
So he skimmed comic vine to see what King did, lol
>>
>>79514188
We in the biz call that in-depth reporting. It's a lot of work.
>>
File: pak.png (18KB, 441x150px) Image search: [Google]
pak.png
18KB, 441x150px
Greg Pak officially off Action Comics
>>
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/02/dc-comics-rebirth-rumoured-new-comics-including-the-super-man/

>The Super Man. Three words there, not sure what the separation signifies – something psychological? Of course, Superman creators Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster created a villain in a January 1933 story called “The Reign of the Super-Man” in an issue of their comic fanzine Science Fiction… could DC Comics be recreating that version of the character?
>Man Of Steel. In case you wanted reminded of that movie…

>New Green Lantern. Starring the current Power Ring from Earth 3.

>Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps.

>Remember, I can’t personally vouch for these, as I have other stories. But they make a certain amount
>>
File: thisgonnabegud.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
thisgonnabegud.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>mfw today

I love watching big 2 fans react and overreact to their overlords' designs
>>
>>79514246
Alright Rich, spew out all the BS soon you click needing whore.
>>
>>79514288
>New Green Lantern. Starring the current Power Ring from Earth 3.

more cruz yes
>>
>>79514278
Good fucking riddance too. The title was 1000% carried by Kuder, even the parts he scripted were significantly better written than Pak's.

I hope Kder stays and goes full W/A
>>
>>79514278
Pak is king mediocre.
>>
>>79514288
Stewartfags start sudokuing to death.
>>
>>79514288
>>The Super Man.

Sick of evil Superman
>>
>>79514288
>The Super Man
Clark Kent/Daily Planet focused book ala Gotham Central
>New Green Lantern
Ballsy move calling it that, I hope Cruz gets a redesign
John/Guy/Kylefags on Suicide Watch
>>
File: laughing pope.jpg (70KB, 435x339px) Image search: [Google]
laughing pope.jpg
70KB, 435x339px
>>79512926
>Grayson

The meme is dead
>>
>>79514288
The Super Man book will be written by Max Landis, just watch.
>>
>>79514288
Is Hal Jordan really that sell of a name though?
>>
>>79514288
>>New Green Lantern. Starring the current Power Ring from Earth 3.
>>Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps.
>Jessica Cruz starring in GL
>Hal Jordan starring in GLC
>Kyle and John fuck off and die somewhere
as god intended
>>
>>79514348
Don't worry, the meme will continue in Batman Bi-Weekly Shit Grayson

>>79514355
This makes an insane amount of sense
>>
>>79514355
His AA series isn't selling too well.
>>
>>79512629
The only good writer writing for Marvel is DC exclusive now
>Marvel already on suicide watch.
>>
>>79514372
Yeah.
>>
>>79514374
As long as his shit ongoing is cancelled, I'm peachy

>deadson
>>
>>79513853
Who is the black chick?
>>
>>79514375
Yeah but he's got that Screenwriter Cred, Big Two sucks off massively anyone who's ever had anything remotely successful in a "grown up" indstry
>>
>>79514373
Johnfags on CBR are going to go nuts. They can't cry racism this time, either.
>>
>>79514380
Why would you think he's going exclusive?
>>
>>79514373
>Maybe Tom King can have permission to kill off Kyle
>>
>>79514395
It's a man, baby
>>
>>79513853
>Maybe Camstew will get kicked

Valentine when please
>>
>>79514395
Frankie

She's basically Oracle
>>
>>79514420
>wanting Kyle killed off after he's just been improved
I wish characterfags would die
>>
>>79514398
I suppose, I do like his AA but I expected it to be much more successful.
>>
>>79514406
Writing a bi weekly batman is a full time job
>>
>>79514448
Start with yourself, Kylefag.
>>
>>79514399
>They can't cry racism this time, either.
They can try

I hope Baz and Cruz are in GL together
>>
File: 132525325235.jpg (115KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
132525325235.jpg
115KB, 680x680px
Can't wait for King to get ruined by A-list books that are getting bogged down by events and editorial meddling.

It was good while it lasted.
>>
>>79514406
Writing DC's biggest book=exclusive contract
>>
>>79514348
Eh, it's still gonna go down as a really good run, unless the fill-in writers manage to set literally everything on fire. It's gonna be one of those things that people will keep liking for years and years, like Dickbats.
>>
>>79514470
Can't wait for people to bitch about how he doesn't use narration boxes
>>
>>79514470
>Can't wait to start shitposting about King now that he's on A-list books. I've tried before, but it's easier to shitpost about an A list title, more people join in the conversation.
>>
>>79514466
But if I'm any GL characterfag I'm an Allanfag.
HEAT need to fuck off already, its been decades
>>
As great as the new GL book could be, it's going to fucking tank. Power Ring starring the title is not going to go over well with the general audience.
>>
>>79514323
>Action was 1000% carried by Kuder

So much this. It's so weird how people can spot Pak's mediocrity in every book he writes EXCEPT Action. For whatever reason that book has always gotten a pass on /co/.
>>
>>79514448
>not wanting him killed off after he's been fixed so that he can't be ruined again
It's the only way to be sure
>>
>>79514487
Yeah but that shit art... Black Mirror got carried by Jock and Francavilla, Dini had Nguyen and Morrison had Quitely, Stewart, Clarke and Irving (everyone with a modicum of taste looks down on Tan). It's not just the stories
>>
>>79514523
What? Pak gets a fucking pass on /co/ on everything he does. At least Action had Kudder on art.
>>
I wonder if Marvel regrets not having young Steve Rogers as Captain America now.

The only way they could've bribed King into an exclusive is if they gave him a Steve Cap book.
>>
>>79514559
Give him spiderman, avenger, agreed or even captain america.
>>
>>79514559
Steve's coming back, Spencer's writing both Cap books.
>>
>>79512629
>>79512630
Based CIA
>We haven't gotten a Photoshop of Tom King doing Bill Wilson's power stance.
>>
>>79514523
His Hulks run got a pass becase "at least it's not Loeb"
His Action got a pass because "at least it's not Lobdell"
Herc gets a pass because "haha he's bi and look at those sfx" which were the editor's baby anyway
His new Hulk run gets a pass because tits and ass
>>
>>79514606
kill yourself fa/tv/irgin
>>
>>79514543
This hating on Janin's art is a new meme, right? Never seen anyone hate on him outside of /co/. I like his art, it matched the stories really well. Mooney wasn't sensational but he was tolerable too. Don't know the new guy.
>>
File: tom king.jpg (37KB, 297x628px) Image search: [Google]
tom king.jpg
37KB, 297x628px
>>79514606
Close enough.
>>
>>79514380
and poor Marvel tried so hard with pushing Vision to make him stay. now they have to go find a reviewer on comicsalliance to replace him on some other title.
>>
File: gay.png (74KB, 513x573px) Image search: [Google]
gay.png
74KB, 513x573px
>>79512328
>All the books being relaunched as part of the DC Rebirth (and no, I don’t know how that will affect mini-series half way through their runs) will get a special Rebirth issue before their new #1.
>>
>>79512926
>Black Canary
yeah calling bullshit. Fletcher just did an interview with Newsarama where he said Black Canary wouldn't be affected by Rebirth and the comic is expected to last into 2017

http://www.newsarama.com/27762-black-canary-rocks-into-dinah-s-past-in-new-52.html

>Nrama: Do you have a long-term plan for this story? And where Black Canary would go from this point, at the end of the first story arc?

>Fletcher: Oh yeah. This has been a conversation that we, as a group, have been having for a long time. We've got exciting plans for Dinah through the next arc and into 2017. We just had a conversation last week — the editors and I — about things that will take Dinah through the rest of the year. It's going to be a lot of fun.
>>
I wonder what's Seeley's writing except for his Suicide Squad. With the emergence of King, he went completely unnoticed.
>>
>>79514643
>I like his art, it matched the stories really well.

Well, of course, both were shit
>>
and I have classes all day

Cmon good Legion and Tom King news. Show us where Wally is dammit!
>>
>>79514703
I wish he'd write The Flash. Maybe get Manapaul back on art.
>>
File: B6wgXqQ1uT.png (1MB, 1000x1300px) Image search: [Google]
B6wgXqQ1uT.png
1MB, 1000x1300px
>>79514643
Your lack of taste and/or knowledge is a meme
>>
>>79514516
If they just call it Green Lantern it'll do alright

If they can stir up some retarded controversy about Green Lantern turning into a Hispanic woman and get a good team on it it should do airtight
>>
>>79514716
inb4 Hickman Legion.
>>
RIIIIIIIIIIIIICHHHH. HEEEEEYY RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICHH

Do you have some scoops about Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy?. Please tell me that a rebirth of Gotham City Sirens is in sight
>>
>>79514643
His art used to look awful if you've ever tried early JLD. He's great now though.
>>
>>79514703
If Batman is bi-weekly, I think both him and King will work on it.

Pretty sure they said they'll still work together.
>>
>>79514716
He just running around with his kids in the multiverse.
>>
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/02/dc-comics-rebirth-peter-tomasi-is-the-new-superman-writer/
>Tomasi is the new writer on Superman.
>>
>>79514697
They might just relaunch it with the same team, or fold it into a BOP book
>>
>>79514726
Manapul has Aquaman Earth One to do. Get Scott Kolins on Flash.
>>
File: 1288191249324.png (41KB, 386x387px) Image search: [Google]
1288191249324.png
41KB, 386x387px
Yaaay more mediocrity

>This initially came from Writer X – read his credentials here. It’s not a “glamorous” casting as with Batman and Wonder Woman, but it makes be very pleased.

>Because I’ve been told that Peter Tomasi is the writer of the new Superman bi-weekly comic book, part of the DC Rebirth.

>He’s seen as a safe pair of hands, a journeyman, a veteran editor-turned-comic creator. But when I’ve read his comics, I see him more as an inventive creative, innovative storyteller. He’s a Grant Morrison without his reputation. With with Batman & Robin, Brightest Day, Green Lantern: Emerald Corps, the recent Batman: Arkham Knight and the creator owned Mighty I.

>And he does have a tendency to grab your attention…
>>
>>79514735
DC controversy doesnt sell as much as marvel.
>>
>>79512678
Not me.
>>
>>79514738
Please no.
>>
>>79514703
I feel bad for the guy a little. I talked to him at a con and he said that most people's favorite issues of Grayson that he knows of are the ones King wrote. Seeley is pretty solid on the book too though, and his pitch is what dominated most of the book's existence as well, it's not just King doing it alone
>>
>>79514772
>It’s not a “glamorous” casting as with Batman and Wonder Woman
Do we know who's on WW yet?
>>
>>79514773
That's why I said alright instead of good
>>
>>79514772
Who's writing Wonder Woman?
>>
>>79514643
He has a really bad problem with same face and his art looks like its CGI.
>>
>>79514703
>he went completely unnoticed
He deserves it. Boring as fuck writer.
>>
>>79514806
Sorry.
>>
>>79514772
Fucking ew but at least he's off Detective Comics.
>>
>>79514738

Still holding out for Bendis/Jim Lee!

I don't want King on batman I want him on a character I love
>>
>>79514772
>It’s not a “glamorous” casting as with Batman and Wonder Woman, but it makes be very pleased.
??? What Wonder Woman casting?

Don't hold back on Wondy news Rich, tell me the Finches are gone
>>
>>79514815
Nah, his creator owned work is great.
>>
>>79514772
>He’s a Grant Morrison without his reputation
ok see, i like tomasi, i honestly do, but this is stupid as hell.
>>
>>79514772
Tomasi is solid. I really liked his B+R run.

Better this than another oddball pick like Yang.
>>
>>79512603

Spacing the new launches out over four or five months didn't help I'm sure.
>>
>>79514288

Those Superman books might be good, might be shit, depends on whether they quickly shove them into another crossover again.

New Green Lantern starring Jessica makes sense, don't want her to fail like Simon.

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps...hinting to what the movie plans will be like?
>>
>>79514813
>looks like its CGI
It is, just "digitally inked" over
>>
>>79514817
It's ok anon
>>
>>79514772
Yeah I'm done with Superman for now. His Superman/Wonder Woman was trash
>>
>>79514818
He's good when he's not doing corporate runs. His B&R and GLC were better or as good as the main title.
>>
>>79514739
>wanting GCS with modern Harley

Selina and ivy would be completely overshadowed by wacky 4th wall antics
>>
>>79514833
He writes a good Jason in the arkham tie in.
>>
So who's going to be the new Batman artist? I hope they get Sean Murphy.
>>
>>79514833
Yang is an up and coming bright star in the industry of comics. His American Born Chinese or Shadow Hero are far far greater than any garbage Tomasi has shat up.
>>
>>79514840
They would have driven LCSes out of business if they'd done them all in one or two months
>>
>>79514851
No problen.
>>
>>79514703

Seeley's pretty underrated imo and there's more of him in Grayson than people think. He should get another project.
>>
>>79514861
His B&R was awful.
>>
>>79514864

B-But Sirens bro. That title was perfect and it ended in a sour note. I can't have that, I don't care if it is N52 Harley. I just need a new Sirens stories
>>
>>79514828
Tomasi's been poaching off Morrison's Bat-ideas for close to five years now, I see someone dumb making that assumption
>>
>>79514847
It's disgusting. Big 2 comics need to stop doing that or at least make it less noticeable.
>>
>>79514697
All this says is that they have plans for black canary. That doesn't mean solo plans. She could be headed to Birds of Prey.
>>
>>79514833
I wish they kept Yang. It was his first time he was writing monthlies and they directly put him on a crossover. I wanted to see how he'd do if he was doing his own thing.
>>
>>79514870
Liefeld
>>
RICH, TELL ME WHO'S ON WONDER WOMAN ALREADY.

Fucking hell.
>>
>>79514870
Remender's shitty writing killed him and he said he's going to do some euro comics.
>>
File: 1446845993654.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1446845993654.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>79514772
>But when I’ve read his comics, I see him more as an inventive creative, innovative storyteller. He’s a Grant Morrison without his reputation.

Wait what the fuck? Who wrote that? Is that what Rich thinks? Wow...
>>
>>79514874
Not arguing that he isn't a good writer, he just isn't a good fit for capes. He's out of his element.

It was a stunt hire for sure, like giving Meredith Finch (a woman writer!!!!!) Wonder Woman.
>>
>>79514895
I bet you like Snyder's Batman.
>>
>>79514917
They should put Yang on Atom with Sonny Liew.
>>
Tomasi's very middle of the road and safe. Better than a lot of guys DC has around the same tier, like lobdell probably jurgens
>>
>>79514833
He's good at writing character-driven stories, which is what Superman could use. But under Berganza's shit editorial, I'm not holding my breath
>>
>>79514288
>>New Green Lantern. Starring the current Power Ring from Earth 3.
>>Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps.
>tfw Venditti is writing Hal and the GLC
>>
>>79514920
Your are just getting yourself set up for disappointment when we find out finches are still on the book.
>>
>>79514933
Shadow Hero IS cape. The problem with Yang is that they came out and said "we're doing story>continuity!!!! oh but, Gene, here's Superman, he's slightly depowered and involved in a status quo shake up where his identity has been revealed".
>>
>>79514890
Maybe he'll stay with Nightwing and continue all the spy stuff
>>
>>79514957

Tomasi was an editor first, maybe he can deal with Eddie b
>>
>>79514861
>>79514833
I still don't get why people praise his B&R. He just ignored all the great developement Damian got in Morrison's run and made him an insufferable cunt TWICE for no apparent reason, to both Dick and Bruce.

That's like saying "okay I don't know what to write, how about I just re-do what's already been written but in twice as many issues?" Sure.
>>
>>79514961
I see they are shuffling creators on every big book. With Superman, Batman and WW having new writers, I'm still holding out for new teams on GL and Flash.
>>
>>79514941
>someone that likes eating shit is telling someone "well, at least I don't eat dirt!"
>>
>>79514647
Put the deal with it sunglasses on him,
>>
>>79514456
>>79514478
If Sheriff of Babylon gets extended again or becomes an ongoing, then that all but confirms he's dc exclusive.
>>
>>79514908
>at least make it less noticeable
You are the part of the problem.
>>
>>79514994
Because the lowest common denominator eat up cheesy overblown melodramatic shit. Everyone hate his run until they he made baby Damian wear the one of Bruce's old costume, the "look mommy, I'm a bat" page(building up on what you just said, Tomasi yet again retcons what Morrison did with the character in that scene).
>>
Literally end your life with a butter knife.
>>
>>79514772
>He’s a Grant Morrison without his reputation.

Oh man. He's good, but that makes no sense whatsoever.
>>
>>79514945
I seriously can't name 3 writers at DC right now that would be worse than Tomasi. I wouldn't name Jurgens as one of them, they're quality is about the same.
>>
>>79514945
>Tomasi's very middle of the road and safe.

To be honest, in the wake of the colossal failure of Truth, this is probably the right call.

That's been the problem with New 52 Superman in general. It's always changing things up and reinventing the wheel when it never really laid the groundwork with solid stories first.
>>
>>79514994
>>79515047

Agreed. So overrated here, easy sentimentality was about it.
>>
>>79515068

That's what I meant tho, they want like a jurgens to keep the superbooks steady
>>
Alright, but when are they changing their editors?

Keep Doyle though.
>>
>>79515119
Berganza and Cotton are never leaving.
>>
>>79515068
Tony Daniel
Both Finches
J T Krul
>>
>>79514799
Aw man. That's too bad. His contributions to Grayson were awesome! He writes and incredibly fun Midnighter, and he gave us robotic killer whales and flesh eating nano-bots and based Superman and a lot of good stuff in general.
>>
>>79515129

Daniels or David Finch aren't writing right now, though
>>
>>79515069
The books had Jurgens, Pak and Lobdell. That's as "middle of the road" as it gets. Perez's run was also nothing to write home about, Diggle... Truth was the only actual shake-up
>>
>>79515147
Buccellato
>>
>>79515147
marguerite bennett
>>
>>79515068
Lobdell
Pfeiffer
Daniel
Krul
Finch
Venditti
Bunn
Jeff King
Brian Buccellato
Jurgens
Levitz
>>
>>79514772
Is this even really news? They wouldn't give Tomasi Superman for just two months.
>>
>>79515090

Especially the Requiem issue. Just cheesy emotional exploiting stuff, that letter was just ridiculous considering Damian didn't have time to write it.
>>
>>79515129
JT Krul is honestly not as bad.
>>
>>79515183

They didn't just give Tomasi Superman for two months, they gave him Superman, Action Comics, Batman/Superman and Superman/Wonder Woman for two months.
>>
File: 1284082608297.jpg (51KB, 814x500px) Image search: [Google]
1284082608297.jpg
51KB, 814x500px
>>79515152
>robotic killer whales and flesh eating nano-bots
Please go back to 2008 and stay there.

Take Seeley, Aaron and whoever the fuck else is into that shit with you.
>>
>>79515219
>hating fun this much
>>
>>79515178
>Lobdell
>Pfeiffer
>Venditti
>Bunn
>Jeff King
>Brian Buccellato
>Jurgens
>Levitz
All same level as Tomasi, Bedard, etc
>>
>>79515178
>Lobdell
Yes
>Pfeiffer
Honestly never read anything from him and he doesn't seem to do much comic boo work anyway
>Daniel
He's an artist. he did a few writing gigs, but it's far too little. You wouldn't call Christ Burnham a writer, now would you?
>Krul
Krul is better
>Finch
Based off only one comic? I don't know
>Venditti
Nah, Venditti is clearly better
>Bunn
Ha. No.
>Jeff King
literally who
>Buccellato
I'd still take him over Tomasi any day of the week
>Jurgens
they're about the same
>Levitz
Maybe? At least Levitz USED to be good once.
>>
With Midnighter cancelled, maybe Orlando and aco will write Flash.
>>
>>79515243
>Lobdell
>Jeff King
>Pfeiffer
>aggressively mediocre with the occasional moment where shown they could be good writers

More like aggressively shit maybe
>>
>>79515260
Daniel has written Batman/Detective for 4 years, that Hawkman abomination book, current volume of Deathstroke. That's a lot.
>>
>>79515280

I really want Orlando to do more, I think he's as good as King but hasn't got the acclaim. His Shazam is my fav part of Darkseid War
>>
>>79515280
>Orlando writes Flash
>Midnighter dates Pied Piper
>>
>I understand that, as part of the upcoming DC Rebirth project, DC Comics will be launching a new Justice Society Of America comic book.

>Currently in the New 52, there was no Justice Society in the forties fighting in World War II. The analogous team fought on Earth 2 instead.

>But now, not only will this active team of superheroes be revealed, along with an explanation as to why no one remembers them, but they will be brought forward, young, to the present days, fishes out of later, fighting alongside the Justice League of America.

>Their presence may also tie into the changing realities that the member of Titans Hunt are experiencing, remembering memories of each other that never were…
>>
>>79514420
I would literally wank to that.
>>
>>79515321

At least Pied Piper would be honest about his identity.
>>
>>79515280
I think he'll write a new Authority/Stormwatch book.

Someone needs to save Wildstorm, maybe him and Seeley will work on the properties. I know Seeley really loves WildCATS.
>>
>>79513853
glad to see Midnighter will be in something after his solo ends
>>
>>79515338
so we JSA now
>>
>>79515338
FUCK YOU, YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO GET MY HOPES UP LIKE THIS
>>
>>79515353
kek'd
>>
>>79515338
>WRITTEN BY VETERAN JSA SCRIBE
>PRODUCER OF THE HIT SHOW ARROW
>MARC GUGGENHEIM
>>
>>79515338
Source?
>>
>>79515338
>Tieing world shattering events on a pretty boring comic book that sells like shit

Somehow I'm not buying into this.
>>
>>79515338

Inb4 it's writers from Legends of Tomorrow

Glad they're finally hypertimeing it and bringing back pre-nu52 stuff people liked
>>
File: 1451625616316.jpg (145KB, 591x559px) Image search: [Google]
1451625616316.jpg
145KB, 591x559px
>>79515338
>but they will be brought forward, young, to the present days, fishes out of later, fighting alongside the Justice League of America.

Oh God
>>
>>79515338
My dick is hard.
>>
If anything, DC should double down on its plans to bring back Hypertime and make two solo ongoings for the DC Trinity and other big heroes.

>"Superman" & "Man of Steel"
>"Batman" & "The Dark Knight"
>"Wonder Woman" and "The Princess of Power"
>Or something like that
>You catch my drift
>>
>>79515280
I don't think Aco would be a great fit for Flash, but he's perfect of Midnighter. I'd also put Orlando on Wonder Woman.
>>
>>79515388
Where do ya think, champ?

http://bcool.co/KNkr6q
>>
>>79515348
>Both Seeley and King get most of their acclaim from Grayson
>King goes on to write Batman
>Seeley goes off to write WildCATS

That doesn't seem very fair

I mean if Batman goes biweekly Seeley will probably write half of it but still
>>
>>79515338
Yeah, calling bullshit.

Yet again, Rich is a faggot and nothing will come true.
>>
>>79512678
If King gets pushed by editorial into making garbage then of course people will get pissed off.
>>79514631
Herc was cowritten with Van Lente who is significantly better
>>
>>79515398
>Wonder Woman
>having a second book that matters
>>
>>79512729
I can see this, just like they turned on Ewing.
>>
>>79515398
Harley Quinn and Clown Slut?
>>
>>79515338
>but they will be brought forward, young, to the present days, fishes out of later, fighting alongside the Justice League of America.
That sounds... awful?
>>
>>79515338
Literally shit myself. It's good I'm already on shitter. Fuck yes.
>>
>>79515338
This sounds dumb. They should've had Earth 2 be a reality that takes place in the 40s/50s or have it take place in modern times that is still heavily influenced by those times.
>>
File: really lad.jpg (43KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
really lad.jpg
43KB, 600x375px
>>79515338
>ill be brought forward, young, to the present days, fishes out of later, fighting alongside the Justice League of America
Who the fuck asked for this
>>
File: 1451628225552.jpg (23KB, 205x447px) Image search: [Google]
1451628225552.jpg
23KB, 205x447px
RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WHERE'S MY HARLEY SCOOP. I KNOW YOU HAVE ONE AND IT'D BETTER BE RELATED TO SIRENS OR ELSE
>>
>>79512729

It already has started between that girls joke in Grayson and Redskins in Vision.

THE TURN
>>
>>79515447

>tfw no second book focusing on the Amazons while the first book is the adventures of Diana, Steve, and a fat girl who happens to share the name of Steve's old secretary
>>
>>79515338
Inb4 Lobdell writes it
>>
>>79515338
Earth 2 JSA crossover with JL?
>>
>>79515471
>caring so much about Harley
She has like 10 books out, how many do you want?
>>
>>79515407
>great fit for Flash
But he's another Poser abuser, running 3D people look especially shit

You Grayson/Midnighter fans really don't know shit about art
>>
>>79515474
Why is 4chan so fickle?
>>
File: 1454098638932.jpg (9KB, 177x203px) Image search: [Google]
1454098638932.jpg
9KB, 177x203px
>>79515491
Don't say that.
>>
>>79515260
>Krul is better
now let's not say things we can't take back here
>>
is greg pak's titans any good?
>>
>>79515507
shut up bitch
>>
>>79515528
his first issue comes out in March if I remember right
>>
>>79515528
yep, as good as Wolfman's.
>>
>>79515533
Eat me, loser
>>
>>79512130
This was already confirmed to happen by other creators during the New 52, not exactly new.
>>
>>79515507
b8, he draws really good action scenes.
>>
>>79515481
I do find it funny how Superman and Batman really have no need for a second book except for sales and crossover purposes since they stay in the same place and battle the same guys over and over, but Wonder Woman doesn't even though she would benefit storywise greatly. Like one for god and amazon shit a la Azz and the other where she's facing her non-god rogues somewhere else on earth like London or the US.
>>
>>79515499
Shut up. I want my Sirens. I can't live without them. Hell you could add Batwoman and called the first Lesbian team book
>>
>>79515528
>Titans
>good
No.

>>79515560
They already were that when it first came out.
>>
>>79514994
when the only criticism people have of B&R is "it retreads ground from a different run that was part of a different universe" it kind of shows how great it was.
>>
Krul wrote a decent teen titans which is impressive as fuck desu

>>79515507

It's crazy!!! /co/ cares very little about art
>>
>>79515553
you'd like that, wouldn't you?
>>
>>79515528
The Hivemind has already decided it is since "at least it's not Lobdell".

Other assigned opinions included "hey hes decent" and "[random something] TITANS CURSE"
>>
File: 1453003084225.png (43KB, 706x669px) Image search: [Google]
1453003084225.png
43KB, 706x669px
>>79515533
BTFO
>>
>>79515584
And a decent Captain Atom.
>>
>>79515527
Better than Tomasi, that's for sure.
>>
>>79515575
Yeah, but I am saying in the same way that Silk was called the first asian superhero. Just bluff for publicity sake
>>
>>79515580
Read again, he did it twice, in both universes. Besides, he followed pre-N52 continuity on everything besides Damian's behavior (which is really the part everyone's raving about)
>>
So, who's gonna write JSA?
>>
>>79515679
No one because it's a fake rumor.
>>
>>79515650
Bruce and Damian never had proper resolution in the old universe anyway, just because he warmed up to dick doesn't mean he is going to be the same with Bruce.
>>
>>79515679
Hopefully they're smart enough to put a strong writer on it, at least for a year or two.

Trying not to get too excited because of Rich Johnston reporting.

Hopefully this shit being slung all over forces DC to reveal their plans or confirm it. Otherwise it's just going to cause miscommunication.
>>
>>79515338

I would honestly prefer a continuation of Abnetts E2 to this.
If your doing young JSA stick to E2, if your doing modern day, E) JSA they should be old
>>
>>79515746
Maybe DC will wait till June solicits are out.
>>
>>79515704
Except he showed enormous levels of respect of humility before Bruce in B&R #16 and The Return one-shot.

And then boom comes Tomasi and Damian is all "haha old man why are we hanging around Crime Alley on your parents death anniversary lmao woooop" and gets slapped around by Gordon for being a little shit
>>
>>79512056
>we well see a new Titans superhero team comic, dropping the Teen prefix, and spinning out of Titans Hunt.
Yay, hope Wally is in this and they write him better than fucking Venditti
>>
File: full.png (105KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
full.png
105KB, 300x300px
>>79514420
>>79514466
>>79514373

GLfags are literately the worst
>>
>>79515679
>>79515381
>>
>>79515777
In those stories he didn't really know Bruce, you aren't going to be bratty like that to someone you don't actually know.
>>
>>79515777
Remember how a big point in Morrison's work is that he vowed never to take another life? and then Tomasi makes him a psycho so he can do the same "psycho learns how to be a better person" storyline, except with absolutely no trace of subtlety.
>>
off the net for hour and a half, don't break anything big while I'm gone
>>
>>79515782
>white Wally and black Wally existing in the same universe
Could lead to some interesting conversations between them.
>>
>>79515793
Those are Halfags, a subhuman species only lower than Barryfags
>>
>>79515839

HEAT is still around yall
>>
>>79515839
Hi Desh. Filled daily DC HATES JOHN quota?
>>
>>79515704
The 5 stages of grief and the two face arcs were shitty
>>
>>79515839
Kylefags are the worst.
>>
>>79514495
Narration boxes are probably my least favorite part of modern comics.
>>
>>79515338
Lol a CBRFag was like? This makes Earth 2 irrelevant? Muh Earth 2? Lol nigha, nobody gives a shit.
>>
>>79515854
No, Wallyfags are.
And for as much as Halfags like to complain about Kylewank Halwank has been awful ever since Rebirth.
>>
Idk if anyone has mentioned this, and this will probably get swallowed up in the thread, but with the news of Marvel cancellations we're seeing the market reaction to their flood of product. Bi-weekly shipping may work for a couple DC books but this shit will only hasten a market contraction.

Things will get worse before they get better
>>
>>79515854
All GLfags are awful.

Except Guyfags, they're cool.
>>
>>79515853
5 stages of grief arc was good and two face had to be fully rewritten last minute (even after some art was finished) because editorial threw a shitfit about his use of carrie kelly (which is why she magically disappeared mid-run) since they had decided to make DKIII
>>
>>79515854
>>79515839

Halfags started a fucking group full of angry pissbabies call HEAT 20 years ago so nah ya'll still the worst.
>>
>>79515891
Wallyfags>Kylefags>Halfags>Johnfags>Barryfags
>>
>This might be the worst news ever... New #1's... DC!!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! How could you do this to me... I stopped buying most of my marvel books for this reason and I really didn't want to do this with you... How could you... :'(
Fuck me for going to CBR.
>>
>>79515912

What about Alienfags?
>>
>>79515887
>Implying JSA will sell any better
>>
>>79515891
>Halwank
Literally where
>>
File: 1402664099844.png (113KB, 231x249px) Image search: [Google]
1402664099844.png
113KB, 231x249px
>>79515912
>>79515914
>pissbabies
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>79515897
>Things will get worse before they get better

Ain't that the way of life?
>>
>>79515919
>Going to CBR
and that was your mistake
>>
>>79515932
>futashit
>>>/aco/
>>
>>79515839
>implying both Halfags and Barryfags aren't lower than Jasonfags
>>
>>79515919
DC hasn't renumbered their books since the New 52 began, while Marvel does it almost on a yearly basis nowadays. And most of the books scheduled for relaunch are hitting the 50's in issue count now
>>
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/02/dc-comics-rebirth-damian-wayne-to-lead-the-new-teen-titans/

>Bleeding Cool has already told you that we are getting a new Titans series as part of the upcoming DC Rebirth event.

>We didn’t now if there would be a Teen Titans book anymore. Turns out there is. And it will be led by the ten year old son of Batman himself, Damian Wayne.

>He’s not even a teenager! Or, maybe, he will be now. I don’t know.

>I guess there should always be a Robin of some type in charge. And, as he tells us…
>>
>>79515897
Dc and Marvel need to stop having 70+ books each since the market can't support them all. I'm seeing people who didn't know Black Knight existed since he just got lost in the ANAD relaunch, and the same with Omega Men when the news of its cancellation hit a few months ago.
It would be better if they had less than 60 (or 50 tbqh) each and maybe double shipped some of their best selling titles once and a while.
>>
>>79515964
Please let it be full of lolis
>>
File: 1442197631017.jpg (81KB, 383x403px) Image search: [Google]
1442197631017.jpg
81KB, 383x403px
All characterfags are cancer.

There, you can stop arguing.
>>
>>79515964
RIP damian
>>
>>79515929
>The Greatest Black Lantern
>The Greatest Green Lantern
>Hal was a good boi, he dindu nuffin, it was a parasite
>getting rid of The Spectre development
>>
>>79515964
Probably to fit in with the movie.
>>
>>79515964
Relatively soon, within the next 5-10 years, this little fucker is going to get the shit retconned out of him and it will be glorious.
>>
>>79515964
>teen titans lead by damian
WE SYNERGY NOW
>>
>>79515813
That's just "lazy excuses" territory and I don't feel like fighting for every single nuance. He's met Gordon, he learned to respect both him and Grayson, he pretty much started idolizing Bruce - by the end of Morrison's B&R he stopped being a shit period. He wasn't a shit in Incorporated either.

Tomasi just sucks, that's life freind. Some people write boring shit, some people like it, what can you do? Me neither.
>>
>>79515999
Keep crying Timfag. Also even if he does he'll get Jason'd back into popularity in 15
>>
>>79515982
>maybe double shipped
Double shipping is murder for the low selling titles. Why buy Midnighter when you can spend that money on an extra issue of Batman?
If you don't know about the existence of a title then that's your fault.
>>
>>79515964
lol

>There isn't gonna be a Teen Titans anymore guys
>Just a NTT era Titans book coming out of Titans Hunt
>W-WAIT... JUST KIDDING... THERE IS GONNA BE A TEEN TITANS BOOK...

Like come on, DC publishes Teen Titans no matter what knowing full well it's shit. they're not gonna suddenly have not have one. Pitiful attempt at covering his ass.
>>
>>79515985

How many lolis are available? Maxine Baker, maybe Fifty Sue with some timeline bullshit?
>>
>>79515839
Kylefags are whiners with martyr complexes, pls go
>>
>>79516020
I'm no Timfag. And he may not even stop being a popular character but sooner or later this 'Son of Batman' stuff will turn flipside. Screencap this to show your grandkids.
>>
>>79515928
If Johns writes it. Maybe the book he's working on with Van Sciver. It'll be on prime earth, it'll definitely do better.
>>
File: do you even lift.jpg (26KB, 328x292px) Image search: [Google]
do you even lift.jpg
26KB, 328x292px
>>79515999
>wasting trips hating on Best Robin
>>
>>79515964
so does this mean the only consistent appearance of tim drake in comics will be that awful batman beyond book?

poor timfags never catch a break
>>
>>79515955
"Jasonfags" is literally one person, a certain someone named Judd
>>
File: 1393312853482.jpg (5KB, 300x306px) Image search: [Google]
1393312853482.jpg
5KB, 300x306px
>talking to a friend last night about comics
>talking about the possible DC relaunch
>Me: "If DC wants to be seen as more forward-thinking than Marvel, they could go back to legacy numbering for the big books like Action and Detective, since the numbers for ANAD seem to indicate that the relaunch cow has finally been milked dry.
>Of course, DC being the johnny-come-lately 'we just rip off whatever Marvel does' company that they are, it wouldn't surprise me if they just renumber everything just in time to miss the fad."
>mfw that's literally what's happening
>>
>>79516020
What could they do for Tim again? Hope Tom King makes a good story for him, because he really useless right now. Jason has the anti hero thing going. Dick has the spy thing going. Tim is just..Tim without the titans.
>>
>>79515964
> Damian in Teen Titans

Whelp he's a goner.
>>
>>79516015
again your main criticism is that it doesnt transition well from a comic set in another universe, its a REBOOT
>>
>>79516051
Nothing sells except Batman and Harley.

Time to face reality folks.
>>
>>79516045
>whiners with martyr complexes
So are GLFAGS in general.
>>
>>79516064
nah the only jasonfag is dark_tzitzimine
>>
>>79516059
shit character.
>>
>>79515964
Timfags on suicide watch as almost irrelevant tier 3 Robin becomes absolutely irrelevant.
>>
>>79516057
I don't even hate Damian, I hate what editorial is building him up as despite knowing it will belly flop in a few years.
>>
>>79515964
What about Tim?

I fucking hate Damien
>>
>>79516045
That's every GL
Fuck, every GL aside from Guy has been god level at one time
>>
>>79516035
Emiko Queen
>>
>>79516068
If they keep DIck as a spy then Tim could be the Nightwing of the batfamily.

You know, Batman-lite but everyone likes it anyway since it's safe and mediocre.
>>
>>79515964
>Lobdell writing Damian
Oh no

>>79516099
Tim will get retired because he's currently pointless
>>
>>79516097
damian has been around for a decade now anon. if grant morrison can't kill him off for good, then he isn't going away any time soon
>>
>>79516045
>are whiners with martyr complexes,
That's pretty much the whole Green Lantern fanbase.
>>
>>79516070
Just because it's a reboot doesn't mean you should remake old stories, but plebbier. Even worse if said stories are fairly recent.
>>
>>79516035
>Maps and the Gotham Academy crew
>Black Alice is loli-ish?
>Batgirl is mentally 5 years old

I'm out
>>
>>79516135
he wrote damian better than grant
>>
>>79516129
I don't think he is going to 'die' per se. I do think that the notion of Batman having a son is going to drive editorial insane just as much as Spider-Man (and even Superman) being married did a few years ago.
>>
>>79515897
Marvel and DC cancel books all the time, it doesn't mean anything other than "these are the lowest-selling books so we're getting rid of them to make way for the next round of launches" most of the time. Sometimes a book will get cancelled for story reasons but it's rare.
>>
File: laughing stock.jpg (45KB, 363x310px) Image search: [Google]
laughing stock.jpg
45KB, 363x310px
>>79516150
>>
>>79515964
> Tim gone from Teen Titans.

He's free! He's freed from the curse!!
>>
>>79516145
Barbara isn't mentally 5 years old, she's mentally 16.

Steph is the five year old, as we saw in her appearances in Batgirl.
>>
Man I really wish James Robinson could get back on a DC book. But I doubt that will ever happen after they fucked him over with Earth 2...

Fuck at least he could finish his indie book The Saviors that he just seemed to drop a year ago after 5 issues.
>>
>>79516175
and sent to limbo!
>>
>>79516175
Free to do what?

He doesn't fit anywhere now.
>>
>>79516174
i get that you read on /co/ that grant morrison is really epic and amazing but hes actually shit at writing characters, he has produced maybe two good character-driven works in his lifetime
>>
>>79516155
Seriously I'm gonna laugh if this rebirth thing is just a Johns/EVS book, the gimmick for the #52 issues, and/or a new brand name a la DCYou.
You know instead of relaunching everything back to #1 after having a Rebirth #1 for everything.
>>
>>79516064
I've seen a lot of posts from Jasonfags on /co/, trying very hard to imply he is or ever was a good character.

If those are all done by the same person, kudos to his gigantic autism.
>>
>>79516152
nah, Spider-Man is a legendary case of "we need him to stay a manchild".

DC doesn't have much problem with older Batman. Hell, they already have that for their movies.
>>
>>79516070
Good christ just stop. His first attempt with Gordon was pre-nu 52. Morrison was still writing Damian when Tomasi got the book.

Also Batman's transitioned to nu 52 without any reboots or character changes except for some tie severing
>>
File: laughing dick masterson.jpg (25KB, 400x283px) Image search: [Google]
laughing dick masterson.jpg
25KB, 400x283px
>>79516201
>>
>>79516193
Why? It's time to face the facts, he's done way more shit comics than good comics.
>>
>>79516212
I bet most people who love Jason only played the Arkham game or watched Under The Red Hood.
>>
>>79516197
>>79516198
see
>>79516107
He can take Dick's role of being Batman-lite.

That is of course if they don't make Dick that again.

In that case Tim is just better off dead or in limbo.
>>
>>79516183
Steph is back? I haven't read Batgirl in a long time, when I did Barbara was at most 9.
>>
>>79516217
Well, it's not just the age thing. Having a son has a lot of continuity baggage. It adds one more Robin for new readers to keep track of, it means more and more exposition every time they keep him around after a 'reboot' or 'rebirth' or whatever.
>>
>>79512973
I hope they just go back to original numbers for both of those and count the New 52 issues. But DC is gonna want to push Detective and #934 isn't as appealing as #1, and I don't see them returning Action's numbers and not Detective's.

The way it SHOULD be is Batman and Superman are for the more casual readers, Detective and Action are for the longtime fans.
>>
>>79516152
>I do think that the notion of Batman having a son is going to drive editorial insane just as much as Spider-Man (and even Superman) being married did a few years ago
At this point? Doubtful. Damian has proven popular and the whole "Robins are like sons to Batman" thing has existed since the 80s.
>>
>>79516251
She's been back for more than a year now.
Batman Eternal #4 or something.
>>
>>79516271
Yikes.

Poor Stephfags
>>
>>79516267
These things last for a long time - look at the Super/Spider marriage - but they eventually form messy knots and they get retconned.
>>
>>79516224
>Batman's transitioned to nu 52 without any reboots or character changes
haha what.

Tim Drake had most of his past retconned

Most of Morrison's stories were retconned (although he ignored the retcon in Inc. and that one-shot story)

Cassie and Steph were retconned

They basically erased everything from Batman history except for benchmark stories that still sell well now like TKJ, Knightfall, and even Year One was heavily fucked with.

>>79516234
all you can do is post reaction images because you dont have an argument but wont admit youre wrong
>>
>>79516261
But they've actually gone harder on promoting Damian. All their animated movies are about him now.

And they're obviously cool with bat sidekicks.
>>
>>79516261
dude you're acting like damian was only just introduced a year ago when he's been around since 2006. he's not going away.

Duke is the one most in danger of fading away but he's been well received in Snyder's run and We Are Robin. Pretty sure more people know who he is than Harper Row.
>>
>>79516201
If he doesn't waste splash pages on cutesy shit and spell every emotion out it doesn't mean he can't write character.

People guessed Wingman was Jason just by the way he talked to Bruce in that one panel. Inc #1 had some of the best Catwoman/Batman interaction without RAINY SEX ON THE ROOFTOP and shitty attempts at romance novel writing. Same applies to Damian's transition from a fraggy little brat to a sensitive little brat
>>
>>79516267
Yes but Damian will have to "grow up" at some point. This usually happens through big directional changes like being in Teen Titans, so we'll see.

With the reboot they managed to make Tim 16 again but they barely care about him so who cares.

Dick making Batman look old due to Dick's constantly changing and aging is one reason why they wanted to kill him off like a decade ago.
>>
>>79516059
a JasonXTim slashfic book by Lobdell
>>
>>79512088
>>79512972
>>79512130
>>79515554

How is this legal? Do they not use contracts for freelancers ? Why does anyone put up with this shit?
>>
>>79515338
Oh thank god. These characters are finally going to be free from the shithole that Earth-2 has become.
>>
>>79516314
>Why does anyone put up with this shit?
because breaking into comics, especially Big Two, is not an easy thing unless you have a boat-load of connections. there are creators like Kate Leth who got their career literally by knowing the right people and having luck.
>>
>>79516286
Marvel had Spider-Man get married in the cartoon, too. Mirroring the animation to the comics is nothing new. I may question my doubts that he will stick around in his current role if they decide to give Batfleck a son - but I highly, highly, highly doubt that will ever happen.

>>79516288
I don't think he will go away. I do think he will have some retcon alter him significantly - he's a clone, he was a scheme by Ra's all along - if they are still selling Damian as Batman's 'son' biologically in, say, seven years? I will be very, very surprised.
>>
>>79516340
>because breaking into the entertainment industry

FTFY
>>
File: file.png (439KB, 583x447px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
439KB, 583x447px
>>79516224
also here is a panel from Morrisons Inc. v2 #1 showing that Damian is a brat to Bruce
>>
>>79515819
After he made that vow he got Dr. Dedalus right in the eyes.
>>
>>79513325
It was generic Leeified outfit shit, no style or personality or sense kf desgn to it. Just the black and yellow suit drawn as 3d spandex.

The Burnside outfit is better designed than it on all levels, it's physicality, color scheme, and personality all integrate holistically with the tone and narrative of the book.

People let there tumblr hate biners blind them to the fact Babs and Cam are fucking amazing artists and designers.
>>
>>79516357
Marvel had a regime change from the 90s, though. Quesada spearheaded that shit against the marriage.

It would take one of those, for anyone at DC starts to run out Damian.
>>
>>79516297
People guessed Wingman because Jason was one of the few bat-heroes missing from the story.

Post the catwoman page, I bet the dialogue is stilted inhuman shit.
>>
>>79516357
The thing is Batfleck is the perfect age for Damian to exist.
I wouldn't mind if the Batman film ended with his arrival
>>
>>79513492
TV writers work on similar schedules with bigger scripts . Just take season braks and shit.
>>
I ain't listening to any of Rich's fear-mongering shit unless he can confirm the Finches are gone from Wonder Woman...
>>
>>79516405
And regime changes happen all the time - and I guarantee, screencap this shit - sooner or later some new guy from WB will want to see Batman (or, hell the whole DC line) go 'back to basics' and Dick being the son of Bruce and Talia is not going to fly when that happens.
>>
>>79516314
It's a lie by Rich. You can't waste a writer's time with scripts you won't use. But more importantly, you can';t waste an artist's time with pages you won't use. Not to mention that a pitch and a scrips are totally different thing. What, you're going to pay 5 different creative teams and then pick the best out of them to publish? don't make me laugh.
>>
>>79516449
"Back to Basics" Batman is still and older guy usually with a Robin, and past romantic relationships.

Its not at all like the "We want the High School Peter" thing.
>>
>>79512926
>Dan Didio is just trolling Rich

BRAVO
R
A
V
O
>>
>>79516444
Is someone gonna make a new thread? This thread is already has too many posts.
>>
>>79516390
And it was a big fucking plot point. Bruce was fucking pissed at him and Damian genuinely felt sad but he wanted to save his father.
>>
>>79516471
It's pitches, not scripts. And certainly not drawn pages.
>>
>>79516314
I am assuming this is before any contracts get signed. From the New 52, Brian Clevinger was asked to pitch for Firestorm, and had his proposal approved and begun work, only for the New 52 to occure and his book scrapped in favor of Simone's.

>But then people higher up the chain of command decided it was time to do The Big Reboot and suddenly my project was surplus to requirements. I mean, look at the names on those reboot titles: everyone involved is a staple of DC. I’m just some guy. A simple B-lister relaunch is something they can trust to an unknown like me. But when you’re talking about part of an unprecedented line-wide reset, well, they want to minimize the unknowns. DC veterans Gail Simone and Ethan Van Scriver picked up writing duties on Firestorm for the reboot, and I wish them the best.

Bleeding Cool eventually put up his entire pitch, you can see it here: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/09/05/what-brian-clevingers-firestorm-1-would-have-been-like/
>>
>>79516432
Because on tv there is not one single writer, there's a whole army of them for one single show.
>>
>>79516481
'Back to Basics' Batman is no older than maybe thirty-five.
>>
>>79516509
Pitches happen 4-6 months before the stuff gets announced.
>>
>>79516527
Which is still fine to have a 10 year old kid.
>>
>>79516471
You can if you pay them for it
>>
File: just assemble.jpg (519KB, 900x978px) Image search: [Google]
just assemble.jpg
519KB, 900x978px
What?

>You can’t trust anyone these days. Certainly DC Comics publishers can’t trust their editors and creators to keep a secret.

>And it seems they were right on the money.

>I have been informed of a recent meeting at DC Comics between the publishers and editors, in which they were told that one of the beg ideas behind the upcoming “Rebirth” relaunch of the DC Comics universe will depend on something upcoming in the Batman V Superman movie.

>But it’s a secret.

>And too secret for the editors and creators to know – at least right now.

>You know, the ones actually working on the Rebirth comics.

>So it seems that DC Comics big media is driving the comics more than some would like to admit.

>And that this is one hell of a way to run a publisher.

>Say, you don’t suppose that Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice, the film set to establish a movie version of the Justice League – could also be establishing a movie version of the previously-mentioned Justice Society Of America in the nineteen forties? Something that Wonder Woman could also appear in?

>Okay, now that bit is just speculation….
>>
>>79516573

Okay Rich. That's enough, you are clearly running your tongue
>>
>>79516568
Sure, but will an executive want Batman to have a kid, plus like three other Robins? Will they want the continuity baggage of past stories explaining who Damian's mom and grandfather are before issue number one even hits the stands? Will they want to forego calling Dick and Tim (who are far more well known in the 'normie sector') 'Robin'? I think the answer to these questions is 'no'.
>>
>>79516573
I don't see this article up on BC.
>>
>>79516573
Really wants that clickbait, huh.
>>
>>79516573
>>79516635
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/02/dc-comics-rebirth-the-big-idea-is-a-secret-from-batman-v-superman-kept-from-creators-and-editors/
>>
>>79516573
so we're basically back to waiting for DC to talk about rebirth.

god damnit.
>>
>>79516635
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/02/dc-comics-rebirth-the-big-idea-is-a-secret-from-batman-v-superman-kept-from-creators-and-editors/
>>
>>79516573
wtf
>>
>>79516573
It'll be a New Gods push.
See Darkseid influencing Bruce's dreams in that one screenshot
>>
>>79516573
He gets paid to write down his thoughts?
>>
File: tumblr_o1okke4AKE1riuvwmo1_1280.jpg (169KB, 1280x845px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1okke4AKE1riuvwmo1_1280.jpg
169KB, 1280x845px
>>79513556
;_;
>>
File: Nf90N8Z.gif (975KB, 250x227px) Image search: [Google]
Nf90N8Z.gif
975KB, 250x227px
So King/Seeley isn't writing Dick anymore?
>>
>>79516675
He gets paid? I thought BC was Rich own website, like a blog or something like that
>>
>>79516621
Its not continuity baggage more than its just another story to tell. Its not like Talia and co are no names either. They're not 'extra baggage', they're part of the fucking mythos.

And considering they already REBOOTED and kept 4 Robins, and still added more people to the family, I'd say they aren't nearly as skiddish about it as you seem to think. And even then, Tim would be more likely to get the boot. He's not as 'well known' as you think, and Damian has been THE Robin for a while now, and they're only solidifying that.

Not to mention they've made Dick older when he started, and Jasons entire tenure can really be covered rather quickly. So, yeah.
>>
>>79516690
They said on twitter they're leaving "for a few issues" to work on something big.

The next creative team is taking over #17 or #19.
>>
>>79516687
Oh yes, I know. Diana will be Catwoman and we all know what that means.
>>
>>79516707
Walk down the street of your nearest city and ask people if they know who the Joker and the Riddler are. Then, ask if they know who Talia al Ghul (or hell, even Damian Wayne) is.
>>
>>79516674
>It'll be a New Gods push.

Why would it be them and not only Darkseid.
>>
>>79516760
Because they're connected to Darkseid and they can make more money off of several characters than just one.
>>
File: batman-v-superman.jpg (79KB, 786x393px) Image search: [Google]
batman-v-superman.jpg
79KB, 786x393px
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/02/dc-comics-rebirth-the-big-idea-is-a-secret-from-batman-v-superman-kept-from-creators-and-editors
>>
>>79516525
Then get an army
>>
>>79514399
>That's a total nightmare. John's role would likely be behind Hal Jordan in the Hal Jordan + GLC title. If the rumor is true, then at least I'll finally know to bail entirely on DC, because it's a clear message of where they plan to take the franchise, likely both in comics and film, which doesn't sound at all appealing to me.
Muh second fiddle.
>>
>>79515219
what?
>>
>>79516831
>making money off the new gods

No they can't, that's why I'm asking. The New Gods aren't bankable.
>>
>>79514874
>up and coming
He's written comics for a decade
>>
>>79516908
If he hasn't written capes, he might as well be born yesterday to /co/
>>
>>79516927
Didn't he write for Action Comics for a while, though?
>>
Jill Lepore for Wonder Woman!
>>
>>79514755
Geh
>>
>>79517016
The Finches are staying and you're gonna like it.
>>
>>79517016
>Jill Lepore
Literally WHO?
>>
>>79517016
Lord no
>>
>>79515338
God damn this is stupid
>>
>>79517016
Isn't she the one who wrote an article in the New Yorker about how Ms Marvel was sexist?
>>
>>79516860
>Johnfags boycott DC
>numbers drop by the tens
>>
File: trinity.jpg (81KB, 600x911px) Image search: [Google]
trinity.jpg
81KB, 600x911px
>>79513203
Well damn

>From 2008 to 2009, DC Comics ran a weekly series (right) called Trinity, written by Kurt Busiek and Fabian Nicieza and drawn by Mark Bagley, Art Thibert, Tom Derenick, Scott McDaniel, Mike Norton and friends.

>Well, in the wake of the Batman V Superman movie and the DC Comics Rebirth, I understand that with the rumoured cancellation of the Batman/Superman and Superman/Wonder Woman comics, we will get a bi-weekly comic starring all three of them.

>To creator credits yet, and I am advised to expect it a little later in the year however…. a kind of DC Afterbirth…
>>
>>79517115
>DC Afterbirth
Alright, that's enough.
>>
>>79517115
Unless it has Bruce making moves on Diana and Clark being all butthurt, I call shenanigans.
>>
>>79515069
That's literally not true. Morrison did a fantastic job laying the ground work
>>
>>79517087
It was about A-Force, and it was pretty stupid.

Lepore is a fine historian, but the writing in her WW book about the comics itself was sub-par, and I don't think she writes fiction at all.
>>
>>79516340
>>79516314
> there are creators like Kate Leth who got their career literally by knowing the right people and having luck.
Isn't that everyone?
>>
>>79516471
>IMPLYING THEY pay them
>>
>>79516621
The normie sector has a next to zero crossover to comic buyers.
>>
>>79517040
She literally wrote the book on Wonder Woman.

>>79517042
Why not?
>>
Why doesn't anybody make a new thread yet? I'm too lazy myself.
>>
>>79517380
Because her book on Wonder Woman was not that good or insightful
>>
>>79517441
Please explain, I relish your insight
>>
>>79517016
Fucking retard holy shit
She's not even a comic book writer and her dumb book is allegedly full of lies and half-truths
>>
>>79512926
>Starfire ending
>Grayson ending
>Black Canary ending
God dammit I liked those books.
>>
>>79517524
Neither is that Black Panther guy but lets all suck his dick.
>>
>>79517551
>If Marvel does idiotic things DC should too

O...k?
>>
>>79517543
I was really digging Canary's art style.
Wheres that artist going?
>>
>>79517524
Co doesn't just not read comic books, it doesn't just not read books about comic books, but apparently it doesn't even read ARTICLES about books about comic books. Jesus
>>
>>79517569
Big 2 never disappoint.
>>
>>79515897

Implying its not just a waiting game for the rise from the ashes
>>
>>79517590

I read an article about the book. What was lies?
>>
>>79517551
Last time DC hired a non-comic book writer we got the Convergence shitfest (with help from a writer), and that guy was at least a comic book nerd.
>>
>>79517380
>She literally wrote the book on Wonder Woman.
>THE book

Jesus Christ. There are hundreds of books about Wonder Woman. And some are probably much more accurate and interesting than hers.

I seriously don't understand why everyone talks about it. It's because it was featured on New York Times, isn't it?

For starters, the book is much more about Marston than about Wonder Woman, and what it has on Marston is common knowledge, and what isn't common knowledge is not interesting or it's not even accurate. Marton's family on the side that keeps the Wonder Woman museum claims the book is terrible.
>>
>>79517686
Ah yes, I remember when DC hired Tom King and Genevieve Valentine to write comics.

What the hell were they thinking, hiring people that never wrote a comic in their life?
>>
>>79516099
Tim, Jason, Kara, Jaime, M'Gann, Terra, and Vergil are all disappearing into the void.
>>
So what's going to happen to Jason, Tim, Cass, and Steph? Or Duke, for that matter?
>>
File: Yes.gif (1MB, 349x254px) Image search: [Google]
Yes.gif
1MB, 349x254px
>>79512642
>My theory from months ago was right
>>
>>79517667
>Reading an article about a book about comics.

This is peak /co/
>>
>>79517841
Stephanie and maybe Cass will be in Batgirl with other smug tumblr cunts
>>
>>79517781
Did you read it? Or are you going based on the opinions of people with a set bias, as opposed to the book with 28 pages of Harvard tier citations you can use to check the legitimacy yourself.
>>
>>79517801
Sure, but at least they were fiction/novel writers, and in the case of Tom King he was an animation writer and storyboard artist, which is similar to comic book writing.

Jill Lepore is a historian, and she doesn't seem to know much about Wonder Woman after Marston

But the statement that she should write Wonder Woman probably comes from a Marstonfag, so it's understandable.
>>
>>79517860
Nah, shitposting about the article about a book about comics as if you have read it basing your opinions on what the first three posts say is peak /co/
>>
>>79517920
>>79517920
>>79517920
>>79517920
>>79517920

NEW THREAD!!!
>>
>>79517781
Jill is a really acclaimed Historian, the Harvard connect was there, it's a seminal combination of information now mostly scattered, and it uses primary sources that were not public until then.

I was an ardent Marston and WW scholar before it came out and several insights were new.
>>
>>79515964
Ewww

>>79517815
Why. An't they do a Young Justice team with Damien, Kara, M'Gann, Jaime, Bunker, Terra, and the rest? Teen Titans can fuck off with Lobdell.
>>
>>79517781
I've kept looking for the meat of the Marston family's objections after I remember Phil Jimenez mentioned it, and never found them.

She really nails how very 19th century Marston's intellectual background is, the sort of Gentlemen and Amazons stuff.
>>
>>79517897
She interviewed a member of the Marston family for a lot of the content in the book. But a member that is not close to the rest of the family and to William.

"Oh my god Harvard"

Waid was also saying something about it but I don't remember what it was.
>>
>>79517943
Titans are death, keep Kara away from them.
>>
>>79517910
>animation writer
Bruh, what? He was a CIA agent.
>>
>>79517966
I also loved how she put all the stuff into context,even co tends to get DUDE BDSM LMAO about it, but when you see the whole picture, it's a lot more like some bizarre religion
>>
>>79517380
Christ a bunch of people have written WW books.

Tim Hanely has Hooded utilitarian has.
>>
>>79517985
With over 300 confirmed kills.
>>
>>79517910
She knows Wonder Woman more than almost any writer she ever had. It's worth a try.
>>
>>79518016
Tim Hanley's book is shit.

Hoodedu's, which I haven't read, is a close reading of only Golden Age comics.

Lepore is more of an intellectual biography of Marston, and she's weak on the analysis of the comics.
>>
Marstonfags are truly pathetic

The amount of bullshit in a comic written by her would be unbearable. Morrison's bullshit turned to 11.
>>
File: 1428686884842.gif (1MB, 288x198px) Image search: [Google]
1428686884842.gif
1MB, 288x198px
>>79518057
>>
>>79518084
>Lepore is more of an intellectual biography of Marston, and she's weak on the analysis of the comics.

She probably wouldn't even be interested in writing Wonder Woman. Or any comic book.
>>
>>79517841
Cass and Duke will probably pop up in Detective Comics (maybe the later in a supporting role). Cass more than likely will be whatever they're doing with post-Batgirl. Either new BoP or she's joining the Batgirl cast.
Thread posts: 612
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.