[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Avatar: The Last Airbender thread. No Korra discussion allowed.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 10

Avatar: The Last Airbender thread. No Korra discussion allowed.

Lets take a moment to appreciate how near-perfect the show was. I can't wait until I have children so I can sit down with them and marathon this show with them.

>Who was your favorite male character?
>Who was your favorite female character?
>What was your favorite episode?
>Which season was your favorite?
>Which element did you like the most?
>>
>zuko
>katara
>siege of the north
>3
>water
>>
>Zuko
>Toph
>tales from ba sing se
>3
>air
>>
File: honoramai.png (248KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
honoramai.png
248KB, 500x500px
Zuko
Toph
The Chase
Earth
>>
>>79058507
>toph
>suki
>the one where aang died
>2
>water and air
>>
>>79058507
>Zuko
>Toph
>Crossroads of Destiny
>2
>Water
>>
>>79058507
I like the sentiment, but i don't see how this would turn into a discussion since it's just listing personal preferences. Anyway here goes.

>Iroh, I liked that he wasn't really a good guy or bad guy per se, he was mainly just looking out for his nephew.
>Katara, she seemed nice enough even with some bitchy episodes. And her personality appeals more to me than the others.
>The Guru, i'm a sucker for spiritual things.
>Fire, because it was the climax to a great story
>Water, i like the motions, the colour and theme of waterbenders. It also happens to be very usefull.
>>
>>79058507
>Zuko ofc
>Azula
> Cross between Sozins Comet (specifically Into the Inferno) and The Avatar and The Firelord
>3
>water
>>
The Southern Raiders is the most overrated episode in the entire series, just for how much it shits on Aang and Sokka, forces the one-on-one 'roadtrip' character development and how Zuko is left off the hook.
>>
>>79063466
Iroh is definitely a second contender for me, it hurts everytime Zuko opposes him. I would almost say the Old Masters is my favourite simply for their reunion scene.
And the guru was a brilliant episode.
>>
File: Best girl.jpg (782KB, 2452x2451px) Image search: [Google]
Best girl.jpg
782KB, 2452x2451px
Ty Lee is the best girl. She is perfect. You can't prove me wrong.
>>
>>79063514
I used to love it when I was a *cough* Zutara shipper *cough* but now it's really not up there. It does have some great scenes though. And Mae Whitman's voice acting was on point.
>>
>>79063524
Honestly picking a favorite character for Atla is really hard imo. I think i actually choose a different one most of the time because i can't decide or i feel like it that day.
>>
>>79058507
>Sokka
>Katara
>The Runaway
>Earth
>Earth for bending, Water for culture
>>
>>79063540
The intro is great and katara's path though is worth the praise. The rest of it however just doesn't fit with past characterization and is super formulaic.
>>
RIP Mako
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ErmZRsCIUsE
>>
>>79058507

>Iroh
>Ty Lee
>The Crossroads Of Destiny
>Season 2
>None in particular
>>
>>79063540
It's funny that even though people see it as the quintessential Zutara episode, it demonstrates more clearly than any other point in the series why they wouldn't work as a couple. They bring the absolute worst out in each other. All the parallels in their past suffering only serve to remind each other of how much they've lost and how poorly life has treated them and it makes them dwell on those losses and become self-pitying and vengeful.
>>
Iroh
Toph
Puppetmaster
Book 3 Fire
Water
>>
>>79063550
It really is. Although I can always say Zuko because he was such a refreshing character at the time for me and has always left such a huge impression.

>>79063560
Yeah, I don't mind the final confrontation but it does lose it towards the end. If Katara didn't bloodbend in that episode (and if Zutara hadn't been so huge) it probably wouldn't have been propped up as much.
>>
File: This ain't Laghima.png (325KB, 735x677px) Image search: [Google]
This ain't Laghima.png
325KB, 735x677px
>all these plebs thinking book 3 is the best
>>
>>79063601
Yeah in hindsight it definitely proves that but when you're twelve, the whole bad boy romance unfortunately appeals.
>>
>>79063640
Which one do you think is the best? And why not season 3? Most people I know all agree season 3 is the best so I am just curious.
>>
>>79063640
its only opinion, you are also entitled to your own
>>
>>79063640
Oh i know book 3 might not have the best episodes or the best continuity. I just still like it the best because i feel it ends the show i loved in a fitting way.
>>
>>79063676
>>79063680
I think season 2 is best.
Avatar season 2 to Avatar season 3 is like
Empire strikes back to Return of the Jedi. They carry over the goodwill from the previous seasons, but do less in creating their own.
>>
>>79063640
I don't think it's nearly as cohesive well written as Book 2, but I can see why people prefer it. The fact that it's the most character driven season means that it has a lot of episodes which are fan favourites. By this point in the series, viewers had already grown to love a lot of the main and supporting cast, so the fact that so many Book 3 episodes have a huge focus on interesting character interactions and dynamics makes those episodes individually more enjoyable than their Book 2 counterparts, even if collectively it isn't as strong a season as Book 2.
>>
>>79063729
Fair enough, I think ATLA was just a show that kept getting better season by season. I do think season 2 had consistently good episodes whereas season 3 flip flops a bit but imo s03 had more great episodes and has the bonus of giving ATLA the best ending it could.
>>
File: 1434091130355.png (1MB, 1667x1933px) Image search: [Google]
1434091130355.png
1MB, 1667x1933px
>>
Book 3 has Ember Island Players, the volleyball episode, and has Azula crying like a child while in chains.

Book 3 is the best.
>>
You know what is a giant missed opportunity?

There was never a situation where waterbenders fought in the rain. (except that brief moment with Katara) They would wreck everyone, it would be awesome.
>>
>>79063909
Oooh this is true. Besides Katara's 'fight with Yon Rha, which was really cool they never did utilise it did they?
Damn that could have been awesome. Imagine just increasing the speed of the rains fall so it pelts your opponent or turning it to hail.
>>
>>79058507
I don't even know this show but you come off as extremely obnoxious.
>>
>>79063940
If you see all the korra ones you would understand
>>
I will NEVER understand how anybody can think Crossroads of Destiny was good in any way, shape or form. From top to bottom it's just amateurishly written, uses ridiculous plot-contrivances to get to the conclusion it wants, and completely pisses away all the character-development it built up during the entiresecond season. Yet I still see Avatar fans sucking its cock everywhere.
>>
>>79063909
Azula messing up with lightning at the end of the series.
With how much they emphasized being in control of emotions you need to be in order to lightningbend and how off the rails she becomes in the finale, seeing her basically self-destruct in her attempt to kill Zuko was a missed opportunity.
That and Katara being the final fight with her. Really anti-climactic, especially compared to the Aang fight at the same time. The Azula/Zuko fight and Aang/Ozai fights were equal in importance to the characters participating.
Azula VS Katara doesn't really have stakes compared to the other conflicts, or even Toph and Sokka's survival on the crashing airships.
>>
>>79058507
>Toph
>Suki
>season 2
>season 2
>When season 2 started adding "previously on"
>>
>>79063909
>You know what is a giant missed opportunity?
Iroh and Ozai never sharing a scene.
>>
>>79058507
As someone who's never watched it: what's good about it?
>>
>>79064062
I'd say, the world building, the characters and a well executed story.
>>
File: 1452907726424.gif (2MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1452907726424.gif
2MB, 300x200px
>>79063959
>>
>>79063977
Toph was a girl, Anon.
>>
File: Ty_Lee.png (102KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
Ty_Lee.png
102KB, 333x250px
>>79063532
First waifu tbqh senpai
>>
>>79058507
>Zuko
>Azula
>Ember Island
>3rd
>Fire
>>
>>79058507
>Sokka
>Toph
>Zuko Alone
>Probably Earth or Fire. Both had amazing episodes.
>Definitely Earth for the practicality and how straightforward it was.
>>
Zuko. I'm not a huge fan of his personality but I love his arc and how maturely it is handled.
Toph. Pushes all the right buttons.
Ember Island Players. It's the perfect prelude to the finale. Every show should have a similar episode, it's brilliant.
Season 2.
Earth.
>>
So how do you guys feel about Korra?
>>
>>79064062
Almost everything. It's funny, cool, has great action, interesting setting, compelling characters. It's all good. There are a few deus ex machina and plotholes but it's so good they didn't even bother me until after the fact when I was looking for things to complain about.
>>
>>79068279
I would probably think it was okay if it weren't the disappointing sequel to one of the best shows ever made. Since it is, I can barely stand to watch it.
>>
Damn this show was so fucking perfect, it's not even funny
What will it take till we make another perfect show like this?
>>
>>79063974
>Azula VS Katara doesn't really have stakes compared to the other conflicts

Katara's life isn't high enough stakes?
>>
>Lets take a moment to appreciate how near-perfect the show was. I can't wait until I have children so I can sit down with them and marathon this show with them.
Wow, that is Youtube level nostalgiafagging
>>
>>79068520
What's your favorite show, retard?
>>
>General Iroh
>Toph
>The Ember Island Players
>3, although 2 was also seriously great
>fire because of lightning

Just finished rewatching atla last night. Brought back so many good memories. Cried like a bitch though
Should I move on to Korra? Didn't really enjoy the first episode.
>>
>>79068494
they didn't have a personal conflict with each other IIRC
>>
Sokka
Toph
The library one
Earth
If I were to choose an element to bend, fire. But if I were to choose which one is coolest, definitely earth.
>>
File: 1443536038738.png (67KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
1443536038738.png
67KB, 554x439px
>>79058507

>Zuko Is there literally any disagreement on this?

>Toph I have a thing for people who turn their disabilities into advantages, owing to my own

>Crossroads of Destiny. Literally the Empire Strikes Back of Animation

>Season 3 It had the most individualised episodes that still had a running plot

>Fire is always the best for drama
>>
>>79058507
The Lion Turtle was the best part
>>
File: smilling miki.jpg (44KB, 300x209px) Image search: [Google]
smilling miki.jpg
44KB, 300x209px
>>79058507
1. The old man
2. Toph, of course
3. All toph episodes are godly
4. 2
5. Earth (lava)
>>
>>79058507
Zuko
Toph
Zuko Aang training with the dragons
Season 3
Fire
>>
>>79068760
autism isnt a disability anon
>>
>>79058507
>iroh
>toph
>honestly can't decide
>2
>fire
>>
>>79071922

The Disability Services at my University say it is anon.
>>
>>79068627
>Should I move on to Korra?
Don't do it. It'll spoil all the feelings you have for ATLA.
>>
>>79058507
>Sokka
>Torn between Suki, Ty Lee and Toph
>Tales of Ba Sing Se
>3, seeing Zuko redeemed was satisfying
>Earth

The thing I really liked from Atla is the setting, the handling of the colors all through the series was GOAT, when Fire Nation was in scene, you could feel warm and heat, Earth kingdom was handled greatly, contrasting deserts and barren wastelands with lush gardens, Water tribes were always cold, always with a lot of clothes.

This is something Korra lacked
>>
>>79068279
standard superhero/shounen fluff made worse with annoying character and story decisions.
>that was the point of the series: unintended parody/satire ftLOL
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.