[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The Iron Giant was rereleased in theatres >With dele

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1445745794231.gif (1021KB, 500x208px) Image search: [Google]
1445745794231.gif
1021KB, 500x208px
>The Iron Giant was rereleased in theatres
>With deleted scenes added back in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSjqF5tR894

WHAT THE FUCK WHY DIDN'T ANYBODY TELL ME
>>
I've never seen that scene before. That's incredible too, can't believe that was cut.
>>
cuz you gay xD

Being serious they added like 2 scenes and I havent even watched it but I doubt its that big of a deal. It was just to revive some nostalgia IMO.
>>
>>78994891
So, he was alien after all
>>
You are who you choose to be
>>
>>78995948

Eh, I can see why. Given what happens later in the movie its already obvious the Giant is some kind of weapon. That scene just serves to make the Giant even more terrifying, which prevents the audience from sympathizing with him.
>>
>>78995948
It gives away his shocking final form, it makes perfect sense from a story standpoint as it doesn't really add anything to the character.

Kind of makes it tragic as now the guys who sent him are probably gonna just send a hundred more robots and shrek the place.
>>
>he's literally Superman
That scene was gorgeous, but I'd have to see it in the movie to see how it changes the story. I'm not sure I like it. I like the other scene that was added in lot though.
>>
>>78996177
>>78996273
Way I see it, it serves more as a voice for the humans than the Iron Giant. Otherwise they're just kinda paranoid leading up to the end. And even then it's kind of a "they pushed him to that point" kind of thing. I think it would have extended his arc as well but I'd have to see it in context to really know if it served it for the better.

When was this supposed to be placed in the movie?
>>
>>78997063
After Hogarth brings the giant to Dean's?
>>
>>78994891
There were multiple threads about it. They went on for a few days each, even.
It's threads like this and the "why does /co/ love/hate [x]" threads that remind me how loads of other anons have lives, or at least the good sense to not lurk /co/ every day.
>>
Are they going to release the extended version to own?
>>
>>78998330
Yeah later this year on bluray
>>
>>78998464
Any info? Will it have both cuts?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.