[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I too late for the bandwagon on this gem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: OTGW.jpg (60KB, 521x521px) Image search: [Google]
OTGW.jpg
60KB, 521x521px
Am I too late for the bandwagon on this gem?
>>
>>78929703
Nope, you can go ahead; it's worth it.
>>
>>78929703
>Am I too late for the bandwagon on this gem?
what the fuck does that even mean
>>
>>78929703
Holy shit i just watched it for the first time today,

fucking go watch it dude, it's a beautiful story.
>>
come back in october

it gets better around halloween
>>
>>78929703
WATCH IT NIGGA
>>
I didn't like the ending. I expected some mystery to be revealed.
Nothing is revealed.

It's just a comfy little story.
It started very well and ended petering out.

My expectations were probably too high.
>>
>>78930406
Not everything has to have this shamalamaamama twist at the end.
>>
>>78930406
I kind of liked the deal around the antagonist
>>
>>78930501
I didn't really want a "twist" (although we sort of got one at the very end).

I wanted to know what all of those weird creatures and stories were about. I thought the story would tie every end in a nice little ribbon explaining its universe somehow, but instead it left everything open to interpretation.

The characters are baffled at the supernatural stuff, they ask themselves (sometimes aloud) "what is this place? Where did all of this come from? How is this even possible?"

And I was very curious, much like them.
But at the end, we just sort of get an explanation.
I thought those questions would have nice, surprising, creative answers, but they barely had ONE at all.

>>78930573
That character had a really nice introduction, again, very mysterious.
But the mystery remained a mystery.
Did it come from somewhere? Represent something? Probably. Maybe. Maybe not.
They showed what it was, but they didn't really explain any of it.
Which is fine when at first you want to keep the bad guy hidden in the dark, but at the end? After the antagonist is fully revealed, can't we get an answer?
That amazingly creative team which created this cartoon couldn't give some creative answers? At least hinting at them?

The pumpkin patch, the beast, the animals, all of them unexplained? Or even worse all of them with the one generic cop out explanation given at the end?

I mean it's still fine, but they were so good at storytelling, I thought they were going somewhere. That at the end of the road there would be something.
Instead it was just a nice road trip.
>>
>>78930271
did they even show it in 2015?
I never saw any promo for it
>>
>>78932233
I think they aired an abridged version to fit in a 90 minute timeslot, CN brought true disgrace to their families and should commit seppuku.
>>
>>78932233
They did, although did not promote it very much
>>
>>78932233
yes. It was very good I thought, and had a nice magical atmosphere.
>>
>>78932284
They aired the abridged version on Saturday, but they aired the entire thing over the course of the previous week. I should know, because I was one of the probably dozen people who were on the talkback threads every night.
>>
When I saw the first episode I was like "what the heck, is that really a cartoon for kids". Seriously, Over the Garden Wall freaked me out a few times, geez, that dark animation, melancholic music, but I fell in love with that show and spent watching last three episode crying and sobbing like a little kid.
>>78930406
Well, I liked the ending and I really appreciate a joke with Jason Funderberker, but also it's a pretty nice message for kids: maybe your worst enemy isn't such a horrific person? I would definitely watch OtGW with my children if only I had them.
>>
Thread won't be as active as when it came out of course but don't stop that from watching a GOAT series.
>>78930406
Mysterious like these that fully reveal the ending are never quite as satisfying. That's why it's usually writers leave it for interpretation and such.
>>
File: The World May Never Know.jpg (24KB, 478x360px) Image search: [Google]
The World May Never Know.jpg
24KB, 478x360px
What WERE the turtles?
>>
Which song is the best and why is it Patient is the Night?
>>
>>78933839
I prefer Foreward, Oneiroi
>>
>>78930406
The twist is they're dying after falling in the river. There are a bunch of hints sprinkled throughout. I think my favourite is that the gravestone Wurt hides behind in the flashback episode says Quincy Endicott, the old guy who thought he had a ghost in his mansion.
>>
>>78933805
The last comic made it seem like they were a product of the Edelwood trees. I guess that's why eating them turns you into a monster. And I suppose Auntie Whispers used witchy magic to build up an immunity to them. Or something.

Speaking of comics. There's going to be more.
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/04/over-garden-wall-comic-series-kaboom

I'm not sure how to feel about this. I hope they're good. I don't know how the story can sustain an ongoing series.
>>
>>78932233
Yup they did. You should just buy it though
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.