[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fantomex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: fantomex.jpg (10KB, 180x280px) Image search: [Google]
fantomex.jpg
10KB, 180x280px
Can someone explain this character to me? Started reading some X-books and he shows up and he makes no sense to me. Tried to read up on his wiki for his powers but that makes less sense. I honestly can't even tell if he's human/alien/robot/timetraveler/etc. Who/what is he?
>>
>>78908069
>Started reading some X-books
>some

Pick a story, read the story. Stop "checking" comics out.
>>
>>78908100
I read an entire trade that had him on the team. Team books are usually bad for getting to know characters unless you know them. He just shows up and has all sorts of weird powers that make no sense
>>
He's a Morrison creation. They are always a bit odd.
>>
>>78908165
He's a member of the Weapon Plus Program, he's Weapon XIII

>Creates Illusion's by skewing reality
>His nervous system is independent, sentient and shaped like a flying saucer.
>Because his nervous system is independent he doesn't feel pain when they are separated.
>He has three brains
>Enhanced senses, physical ability, healing, and intelligence
>Has psychic proof ceramics in his mask that are strong enough to block out everyone from Professor X to the Cukoos and Quentin Quire
>>
>>78908524
>>Creates Illusion's by skewing reality
>>His nervous system is independent, sentient and shaped like a flying saucer.
>>Because his nervous system is independent he doesn't feel pain when they are separated.
>>He has three brains
>>Enhanced senses, physical ability, healing, and intelligence

huh? What? That makes no sense. How can you have a nervous system that's not connected?

So he was created by the Canadians? (Weapon Plus is the later version of Weapon X?) Is he bio engineered then? A mutant? A what?

None of what you said made sense besides a mask that protects his brain...or one of them...is that even in his body then?
>>
>>78908628

He was bioengineered within "The World" which is like a hyperbolic time chamber. His mother and father were French scientists, and his other mom was a robot who monitored "The World".

He was created by Morrison. That should explain everything else.
>>
>>78908069
Any recs for him? I recently finished Uncanny X-force and have been craving more.
>>
File: Fantomex_EVA_h1.jpg (168KB, 600x502px) Image search: [Google]
Fantomex_EVA_h1.jpg
168KB, 600x502px
>>78908628
>How can you have a nervous system that's not connected?
Symbiotic Telepathy and a back up nervous system. His main one is named E.V.A., she's really friendly and likes to flirty with him.

>So he was created by the Canadians? (Weapon Plus is the later version of Weapon X?) Is he bio engineered then? A mutant? A what?
He was a bio-engineered mutant. Morrison used him to reveal that Logan wasn't Weapon X, he was Weapon 10. The Weapon Plus program is the program's official designation.
>>
>>78908903
For example, Weapon I was Captain America
>>
Is Fantomelle just female Fantomex and is Culpepper also female?
>>
>>78908069
Isn't this dude just a parody of gambit or something?
>>
>>78908813
He's in Spurrier's X-Force too, and I heard it was pretty good.
>>
>>78908069
Is this bait? Read Morrison's run you faggot.

Also >>78908524
>>78908903
Please fucking stop feeding people information. You give people recs. This should be a ban. You are the cancer killing this board you pathetic piece of shit.
>>
>>78908628
You're a moron.
>>
>>78910696
He's based on Arsene Lupin

>>78910767
Nah, I think I'll be nice.
>>
>>78910767
>You are the cancer killing this board you pathetic piece of shit.
Right, let's stop talking about comics and make more waifu and ASS APPRECIATION threads
>>
>>78910860
You aren't "being nice" you are giving an anon your skewed and biased version of a character. Which he's gonna pass onto another anon. I fucking hate this place. Enjoy your ban.
>>
>>78910889
You rec something to someone when they blatantly know nothing you don't sit there and explain everything.
>>
>>78910904
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting senpai.
>>
>>78910904
>>78910936
1/10, your bait's still weak
>>
>>78910767
I plan on reading it at some point but when I read a book and this character shows up it ruins the vibe because nothing makes sense anymore.

If someone can fill me in on stuff that will let me finish the book, that' a good thing. You're just a fucking over compensating ass hole
>>
>>78910973
You're the one shitposting with your retarded sum up of a character and general lack of care for the board.
>>
File: uLb6mTV.png (38KB, 700x662px) Image search: [Google]
uLb6mTV.png
38KB, 700x662px
>>78908628
>huh? What? That makes no sense.
Here's the big handbook on comicbook science and suspension of disbelief Anon.
>>
>>78908069
Your best bet to figure him out is start with Morrison's X-Men, then move on to Remender's X-Force run.
He's pretty damn confusing, but he's a pretty interesting character when written well.
>>
>>78911002
No fuck boy. You shouldn't be reading all out of order like a dumbass. Go read All New Xmen with Morrison if you want to know who he is. Not come here and ask autistic NEETs that are also ass hats to explain everything to you.

I would have posted a whole rec list for him but now you can suck a fucking dick.
>>
>>78910936
>>78910767
you are what kills the board. you give someone recs they'll just stop caring, if you explain and give people a reason to care they'll read more.

/co/ barely reads comics as it is, stop acting like you're in some secret fucking club cause you read comics.
>>
>>78911104
Okay? So if you give them recs and they don't care enough to read what makes you think giving them all of the information they wanted is gonna make them read? It fucking won't. You are enabling faggots that want to be part of the "chic geek" culture. It isn't a fucking secret club when I'm readily telling them what to read. Your argument holds no fucking weight and you are a cock sucking enabling faggot that is causing the industry to die.
>>
>>78908628
>huh? What? That makes no sense. How can you have a nervous system that's not connected?

You can't. What they mean is he has two nervous systems and one of them doesn't register pain (or heat, presumably), because he's clearly capable of action and thought even when separated from his retard spaceship, which is only possible with a nervous system - even one which is only analogous in effect to yours or mine while being composed of something else entirely.

Of course, the imprecision of language is deliberate, because Morrison's a retard as well and believes that if he just doesn't answer any questions then asking them is automatically invalidated, because he got high as shit for twenty years (and probably still does despite his claims to the contrary) and getting high as shit for twenty years gives you brain damage.
>>
>>78908628
>That makes no sense.
Did you really just say this about a fucking comic book character?
>>
>>78911016
logical consistency anon, I can handle magic and crazy whatever, but internal consistency is important

>>78911040
Oh fuck off. Are you now saying that people have to start with Claremonts X-men to read anything new? This is why people don't like trying to get into comics.
>>
>>78911016
Alfred pumps the tires

duh
>>
File: tumblr_mmxl400Uk51re8ijgo6_1280.png (930KB, 858x1300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mmxl400Uk51re8ijgo6_1280.png
930KB, 858x1300px
>>78908069
Remember that time he was split into three people and one of then was girlm and then that girl stole his girlfriend but then it turns out that was a ruse and really Girl him was cheating on his girlfriend with himself so then she ran to fuck evil him?
>>
>>78911672
Nope cause everything after Remender's run with him has been shit. Spurrier's dialogue was fucking offensive. It's like he forget that Fantomex is only fake French.
>>
>>78908069
He's wolverine taken to an even bigger extreme.Think of him as that one character who's the best at what he does, but ALL THE TIME. And if he's not the best at what he does then it kind of drives him completely up the wall.
>>
>>78910767
Easy now, your man-tits are vibrating fast enough to travel into the speed force.
>>
>>78911748
You know nothing of the speeedforcee and I'm a /fit/zenfuckboiiiii
>>
>>78911720
>>78911672
What the fuck?
>>
This is the best thread I've read on here all day.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.