[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mirror Master

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

What can this fucker do? What *can't* he do?

Tell me this guy didn't invent dimensional travel and promptly use it to... start robbing banks.
>>
He makes holograms of himself, teleports through mirrors, has projectivle attacks, and while in the mirror world can look out of other mirrors

Yes, he's a blue collar criminal so he's just in it to earn some cash
>>
Morrisons animal man is GOAT
>>
File: 3818849-4022239819-73692.jpg (477KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
3818849-4022239819-73692.jpg
477KB, 1920x1920px
>>78696744

the most powerful rogue. zoom can bite it.

mirror master should be a JLA villain.
>>
>>78696968
Hell yeah.
>>
>>78696744
>Tell me this guy didn't invent dimensional travel and promptly use it to... start robbing banks.
welcome to Flash villains
>>
>>78703753
think you mean welcome to comics. there's an old Spidey comic when Hobgoblin first finds one of Green Goblins lairs with all of the Goblin equipment. Hobby talks about Norman must of been nuts because he invented the goblin glider and instead of using it to revolutionize transportation and selling it to everyone he kept it to himself to attack spider-man. and Hobby does the same dam thing.
>>
>>78696744
>peopleintodinosaurs.jpg
>>
File: 1433961462944.jpg (156KB, 640x755px) Image search: [Google]
1433961462944.jpg
156KB, 640x755px
>>78704324
>>
File: Rogues_0001.jpg (366KB, 900x1357px) Image search: [Google]
Rogues_0001.jpg
366KB, 900x1357px
>>78696744
>Tell me this guy didn't invent dimensional travel and promptly use it to... start robbing banks.

The vast majority of Flash's rogues gallery can be summed up with two words: wasted potential.

They're all very intelligent on some level with technology that puts others to shame, but they don't want to take over the world or ruin everyone's shit: they just want to make a few quick bucks and hang out.
>>
>>78704388
Well that is a pretty solid reason
>>
>>78704501
they've been around long enough to know that the bank robbers get jail time and the world conquerors get dead
>>
>>78696744
If he breaks a mirror with someone trapped inside they die.

The Flash's rogue gallery aren't super-villain tier bad guys. They only err slightly over the side of morally gray and in fact have defended the city and it's inhabitants on multiple occasions.

>mirror master should be a JLA villain.
Using his crazy abilities to do not so crazy crimes is his way of staying off the radar of the Justice League, he would rather vs just Flash. This is much of the reason they don't attempt to use lethal force vs the Flash, they don't want to attract unwanted attention.

TLDR: Flash's rogues essentially pump the brakes and stick to blue collar crime because they aren't that bad of people and they don't want superman knocking on their door.
>>
>>78704501
so...what you're saying is they're a bunch of down to earth lads who know how to have fun?

They seem like the zen saints of super hero comics to me.
>>
>>78704654

I fucking love this explanation for why guys like Weather Wizard and Mirror Master aren't going around fucking up everybody.

If you kill Lois Lane or try to destroy Metropolis, Superman is going to punch your fucking head in and bury you where the sun don't shine.

If you stick to ripping off banks and keep it impersonal, you get a slap on the wrist, a bit of banter and, if you're lucky, the odd opportunity afforded to you by an underestimation of your capabilities.
>>
>>78704703
>what you're saying is they're a bunch of down to earth lads who know how to have fun?
Yeah. They have a mutual understanding with Flash that there rivalry is cat and mouse, not life and death.
>>
>>78704703

They're what would realistically happen if experienced criminals got their hands on hi-tech weapons that could fuck people up but which still left them vulnerable.

They wouldn't be going around murdering EVERYONE like the Joker because they'd be dead in a week. They'd keep their heads low, get theirs and bail out whenever things get too intense.
>>
File: nice.png (142KB, 376x253px) Image search: [Google]
nice.png
142KB, 376x253px
>>78704753
>>
When is Captain Cold going to do something again? It's been years. He didn't even get to shine when there was a Justice League arc specifically about most of their powered people being out of commission.
>>
>>78704501
Pretty much the only reason The Flash can take them out when they team up is because he's had plenty of experience taking them down one on one from before they became a crew.

For anyone else they'd probably be an Out Of Context Problem level threat
>>
>>78704937
>He didn't even get to shine when there was a Justice League arc specifically about most of their powered people being out of commission
He killed Jonny Quick. How is that not shining? I mean hell, the villain of a speedster killed a speedster!
>>
>>78704749
>and bury you where the sun don't shine

Anon this is a euphemism for an asshole

Are you saying Superman will kill them and shove the corpse up his/someone else's butt
>>
>>78704961
Last time he fought the rogues he was soundly beaten, only saved because of Grodd's timely invasion.

Even when he 1v1'd cold earlier he was getting bashed pretty bad and ended up trapping himself in the speedforce.
>>
File: Flash_Wally_West_0017.jpg (157KB, 478x720px) Image search: [Google]
Flash_Wally_West_0017.jpg
157KB, 478x720px
>>78704961

For all his power, the Flash is a hero who gets by on skill and ingenuity more than anything else, and that in my mind makes him the definitive silver age hero. His foes all specifically counter him in ways where he's forced to adapt and better himself, giving way to his "Flash Facts" and "Speed Tricks" that turned super-speed from a one-note power into a veritable arsenal.

There's no doubt in my mind that he's one of the most creative and unique heroes in cape comics and his stories are perhaps so consistently readable entirely because he allows the best writers to fully tap into that creativity and the worst to force themselves to be less simplistic.
>>
>>78705053
To be fair, Cold was sporting an Anti-Flash aura
>>
>>78704937
He and the Rogues are back for the next three issues starting this month.
>>
>>78705121
But that's his thing isn't it? I haven't read Flash from about 1990 - 2011 but isn't cold aura an established Captain Cold thing. Is it new 52 only?
>>
>>78705024
It's Superman, he'll kill them then shove thme up their own ass.
>>
>>78705182
In the New 52 the cold field is something he has internalized.
But it works the same it did before Flash....when he used his gun to make it.
>>
>>78696935
So rather than selling instant transportation tech and becoming the richest man on the planet he robs banks?
>>
>>78705087
Here here anon. Flash is always placed in situations and has to use his speed in really creative ways to escape.

I hate the argument that Flash is too hard to write for. He needs a really good writer than can think outside the box.

>>78705245
Read the thread. It's well established why the Rogues commit lesser crimes.
>>
>>78696744
Shit, he can make you fall endlessly towards the sky, fuuuuck.
>>
Mcculloch or Scudder /co/?
>>
>>78705182
I guess so, but with the gun, Flash could at least get rid of it at some point. In New 52, he pretty much had to deal with it

>>78705245
Yes
>>
>>78705169
>reading Jenditti Flash

better to wait for Johns to write another Rogues mini
>>
>>78705329
McCulloch, Scottish bastard with the coke habit

Scudder's just kind of bland in comparison
>>
>>78705329

>There are people on /co/ right now who would seriously pick Scudder.
>>
>>78705329
Much like Axel, McCulloch is sorta the one I grew up reading.
But Scudder had some fine points, and he was pretty fun when played with.
>>
>>78705369
honestly I don't think there are
>>
>>78705346
But it's so fun to make fun of. Though, I guess half that fun is gone, with Booth off art.
>>
>>78705344
Well it slows anything down around it, so how would he get it? He can't run in and grab it and he can't throw something at it. Magnets maybe? Not that it matters, Cold can recreate the gun very quickly with gear you find in a hardware store.

>>78705346
I'm pirating it, I want to keep up on Flash but I will not reward this creative team with my $
>>78705369
I do because I liked the silver age and am yet to read the best Rogue arcs in Wally's run.
>>
>>78705357
Agreed. Shame Evan may be gone for good.
>>
>>78705477
>I'm pirating it, I want to keep up on Flash but I will not reward this creative team with my $

I feel you, but it's just not worth it to me. What I saw was mediocre enough that the next good writer on the book will just ignore everything anyway. Not that continuity itself matters, but there's no benefit to keeping up with something that isn't enjoyable and likely won't matter down the road.
>>
>>78697366
Zoom isn't a rogue, but if he was, the fact that he's got the same powerset as a dude who regularly beats Mirror Master should make him stronger.
>>
>>78705583
I can understand that. I hear that Aquaman turns to shit too which I'm really upset about, I finished John's run last night and was so excited for more.

At least the Justice League is amazing right now.
>>
>>78705245
It's no fun when everyone can do it. Same with Hobgoblin. Who wants to go through the trouble of mass-marketing transportation and owning a business when you can be the Cool Kid that has the only one, use it however you want, and get rich anyways?
>>
>>78704961

Did I just read an Excession reference in a Mirror Master thread?

weird day.
>>
>>78706794
what I don't understand is why haven't the chinese/koreans/japanese ripped it off and made it better yet?
>>
>>78696935
>while in the mirror world can look out of other mirrors
He could make an absolute fortune blackmailing people

And it's not the sort of thing superheroes get involved with, either
>>
File: a warm place.jpg (839KB, 1988x1528px) Image search: [Google]
a warm place.jpg
839KB, 1988x1528px
>>78704749
>Superman is going to punch your fucking head in and bury you where the sun don't shine.

If you're lucky
>>
>>78708093
The Chinese would fuck it up if they tried to copy it.
>>
>>78696744
It was the Silver Age. Of course he did.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.