[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Saturday Line-up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: picture-200.png (122KB, 533x358px) Image search: [Google]
picture-200.png
122KB, 533x358px
Fox Kids or Kids WB?

What was your definitive Saturday Morning block?

>desu there was only one show on Fox Kids I wanted to watch an it was Digimon. Everything else I wanted to watch was namely on WB
>>
KidsWB. It's not even debatable at this point.
>>
>>78654075
Fox kids, fuck pokemon, digimon all day.
>>
>>78654090

Namely because it took fucking AWHILE for WB to start turning to shit

Even when it introduced stuff like Fruit Salad Island and Mucha Lucha it was still passing above a B-.

Won't lie tho I stayed for Pokémon and YuGiOh
>>
>>78654113

Fox Kids was namely the Marvel Network and Goosebumps

>X-Men
>Spiderman
>The Incredible Hulk
>Iron man
>Fantastic 4
>Silver Surfer
>Goosebumps
>Digimon
>That disgusting show about those mutant babies
>Big Guy and Rusty
>>
>>78654113
Digimon. Is literally the only thing Fox has over everyone else.

>that comfy feeling of waking up just in time to watch digimon tamers in bed
>>
Fond memories of both senpai
>>
>>78654075
>liking 4kids or Toonzai
>>
>>78654075
Kids WB followed by ABC/Disney's One Saturday Morning.

Fox Kids had Digimon and I guess Ninja Turtles in its final years? Life with Louie was probably the only other show I bothered to keep up with on Fox Kids.
>>
>>78654198
>>78654160
There was also Godzilla tas
>>
>>78654198

Digimon Season 1-3 were GOAT

4 was very...hit or miss it was going down that "People Can Be Digimon" route seemed very inappropriate
>>
>>78654075
All I had was 4kids, and I almost never got up early enough to catch it.
>>
>>78654303

How? It started at 7 AM and ended at 12 PM.

Easiest Line-Up to get through especially when you know specifically in advance which show you wanted to watch.
>>
File: whatthefuckisasonic.png (228KB, 628x341px) Image search: [Google]
whatthefuckisasonic.png
228KB, 628x341px
WHAT THE FUCK IS A TOONZAI
>>
>>78654360
It's 4kids trying to impress it's older cousin Toonami by playing anime in the morning. (Which was bullshit because all they did was play the exact same shit)

I love that Vortexx brought back the Fox Kids feel with reruns of Spectacular Spider-Man, Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy, Justice League Unlimited (censored a bit), Transformers: Prime, and Dragonball Z Kai. Funny story, the last Saturday Vortexx played they aired the last two episodes of the Frieza saga, so any kids watching saw Goku die in Namek's explosion. They also saw Norman Osborne get away with his crimes.
>>
>>78654536

Kai is fucking garbage

It literally dubbed only up from when Raditz comes to Earth when Goku crash lands on Namek

Guess where the other animation went. Its literally floating somewhere in the void being spared the censored hell that is Kai.
>>
>>78654075
>Picking and choosing
>Not loving each network lineup for the diversity of selection we had in our childhoods

Except CBS and NBC, fuck that shit. NBC didn't even have a lineup in the 90s, it was all college sitcom crap.

>>78654160
>The Incredible Hulk
>Iron man
>Fantastic 4

Actually those were all aired on UPN, or were at least syndicated.

>That disgusting show about those mutant babies
That was Fox Family, and we don't talk about that here.

>>78654619
Please be a joke. I honestly can't tell anymore.
>>
>>78654075
How can you pick one? I flipped channels, man. Sometimes good shit was on simultaneously and that sucked, but it was rare. Most of the time I had a schedule down. The only time it sucked was times in my life when I fucking needed the sleep so I had to try to program my VCR, and of course the only ones that ever worked (or at least only ones that recognized cable input) were the TV-vcr combos. had an awesome one of those for a long time. fuck widescreen.

in retrospect though it was merciful that actual cable channels never had DICK to watch saturday morning, because then it wouldve been too much to juggle.

god i miss saturday morning shit. all I have now is pony, and that isnt even good.

shit you know what I REALLY miss? Getting up early as BALLS to go watch DBZ's ocean group dub.. including the weird episode-ified Tree of Might
>>
>>78654937

Namely because Disney Saturday Morning Block lacked Action shows. This is namely why I binged the shit on WB and then Toonami afterwards
>>
>>78654619
my good friend.. you are aware that toonzai's edited-to-fuck dbz kai is not the real dbz kai right? it's a special edit they made for saturday mornings
granted kai IS censored, but only in the gohan's-dick way. which is the kind that everyone nowadays is apparently okay with instead of getting righteously angry about like all other forms of restriction. Bad time to be a dick I tell you what.
>>
>>78654967
oh yeah disney did have that shit but most of it also aired on ABC (Even if it wasnt originally the same episodes, like, aladdin had separate ABC and disney channel runs)
but for a long time disney was in the higher 'pay extra' tier (hell it WAS that tier). By the time it wasn't, their saturday morning lineup was shite. However their weekday afternoon was still unforgettably fantastic.
i don't see nearly as much 'stalge for weekday afternoons, but for me those were the absolute pinnacle. I loved watching shit regularly, getting 5 eps a week. power rangers and pokemon were a lot bigger to me than saturday morning stuff.
>>
>>78654971

Senpai I distinctly remember Kai being an unwatchable mess

That little green fucker whose apart of the Ginyu Force? He uses Telepathy to strangle Krillin and Gohan until Vegeta cuts off his head with a chop then Ki Blasts him to ashes

In Kai, they do this awful cut transition where in the middle of them being stranged it shows what looks like a black outline on the ground that Vegeta is firing at and then Gohan and Krillin are fine

Awful. 0/10.
>>
>>78654997

In the 90's early 2000's I was namely a fan of Pokémon, Digimon, YuGiOh, Mucha Lucha, Jackie Chan Adventures and Xiolin Showdown. My GOAT block.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.