[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bordertown Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

Bordertown arrives this year...Discuss It.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/132769-the-bordertown-voice-cast-proves-that-the-new-animated-comedy-is-in-good-hands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xVyVH58aXc
>>
Another Family Guy?
>>
Looks like that show that come on MTV years ago. Forgot the name but two idiot friends went to college and there was this one redneck character that had a unique laugh
>>
Looks like absolute garbage. Nothing in any clips for the show have made me laugh.
>>
>>78634391
I thought they cancelled this entirely because of the backlash it got?
>>
I've seen it...it's pretty bad. Some of the gags are genuinely shocking by broadcast TV standards but that's about all it has going for it.
>>
I wonder what would happen if someone told Macfarlane "You can make a cartoon, but it can't be about a family.".

He is literally obsessed with the American middle class.
He couldn't conceive any other setting other than modern day America.

I realize just now that even just a small departure, like F with Family, set in the 60s, would be impossible for him to do.
>>
>>78634419
You mean 3 South, right? I've never seen it but I know the art style for Bordertown is similar because it has some of the same people working on it.

>>78634406
Do you remember that live-action show "Dads" from about a year or so back that was on FOX? They hyped it up as a Seth MacFarlane show but it was actually created by two other guys who wrote for FG. This is sort of the same thing. Seth lent his name to Bordertown because it helped friends of his who wrote for Family Guy get their foot in the door, but he actually has next to fuck all to do with it.
>>
>>78634562
This isn't a Macfarlane show.
And I'm pretty sure the FOX executives are the ones forcing the "every cartoon we do needs to be a family sitcom". Even Golan kind of had that.
>>
>>78634618
Yep, and if there's one thing FOX doesn't like in their family sitcoms, it's anything Sci-Fi. Sure, they'll let it fly, but it's no secret that network executives didn't exactly find a lot of the more out there stuff that shows like Futurama and American Dad did to be overly amusing.
>>
File: 160104_contest.jpg (453KB, 2560x2495px) Image search: [Google]
160104_contest.jpg
453KB, 2560x2495px
Why is Fox obsessed with finding the next Simpsons and Family Guy? They got two rare birds and they think they can duplicate it.
>>
>>78634668
Just to be clear I was referring to American Dad more when I mentioned Sci-Fi elements in family sitcoms but it's kinda hard to ignore Futurama when talking about Sci-Fi cartoons, even though it was a workplace comedy as opposed to a family sitcom.
>>
>>78634618
>Golan cancelled
>Bordertown gets to be a thing
>>
>>78634391
I'm looking forward to it. It'll probably only last one season, but it's still going to be a neat little time capsule of the pre-Trump era.

>>78634562
He'd have to go back to the 90's and talk to his past self, and he can't do that unless he hosts the Oscar's again.
>>
>>78634562
>F with Family, set in the 60s,

You mean "F is for Family", which is set in the 70s.

Honestly, I'm amazed he doesn't try something like that. Lord knows the guy is fucking obsessed with 1980s pop-culture. I can only imagine that FOX would be iffy on such a project due to how hard "That 80's Show" tanked.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnWbHIkDZSA
LOL EPIC TRIBUTE TO CLASSIC ANIMATION
THANK YOU FOX
>>
File: zJxHT.png (11KB, 255x247px) Image search: [Google]
zJxHT.png
11KB, 255x247px
Will the USA ever get an adult cartoon that isn't a sitcom, or god forbid, a comedy at all?

Where are the western Ghost in the Shells, Legends of the Galactic Heroes, Kaijis and Monsters?
>>
>>78634687
Correction: They got one rare bird and they're trying to duplicate it twice.
>>
>>78634845
As much as I would love to get a serious mature cartoon, I don't think it's going to happen. The closest we've gotten is I think that Aeon Flux cartoon that was on MTV in the 90's. It all depends on whether the network that cares enough to put it on a good timeslot would actually try and get people to watch it and not give it up so quickly.
>>
>>78634419
College University?
>>
>>78634694
It wasn't, the season just ended.
>>
>>78634419
Ooh, I know. Beavis and Butthead.
>>
File: invasion.jpg (21KB, 227x309px) Image search: [Google]
invasion.jpg
21KB, 227x309px
>>78634917
There was Invasion: America. I remember it being pretty good. It's not Shakespeare but it was good. Also Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles had some pretty badass moments if you can get past the CGI.
>>
>>78634845

Anything that's not comedy or over the top action should just be live action. If there's no point to it being a cartoon, like in all of those examples, then don't make it a cartoon.
>>
>>78640447

why
>>
>>78640447
I'm not him

But the thing with those cartoons is that it would've been too damn expensive to actually make it a live action series. League of Extraordinary Galactic Heroes had space battles ten times bigger than anything in Battlestar Galactica or Star Wars. If Ghost in the Shell were live action it would've looked like complete shit with CGI matte paintings and Reboot level robots. And Kaiju stories would ALWAYS look better as a cartoon than in rubber suits.

But I think the guy you're responding too is taking the piss, I think you're taking the piss. I think there's a lot of piss giving going around.

I think people who worship Glorious Nippon need to be reminded that most people over there watch shitty game shows and Yugioh-level anime.
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH.jpg (111KB, 990x914px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH.jpg
111KB, 990x914px
>>78634391
>this fucking artstyle
>>
File: fight.gif (549KB, 500x208px) Image search: [Google]
fight.gif
549KB, 500x208px
> mfw this show will get fucking destroyed by SJWs
Let them fight.
>>
File: 1444494775646.png (179KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
1444494775646.png
179KB, 500x358px
Can't Macfarlane just leave animation and focus on his singing career? Because he's actually reallly good.
>>
>>78642650
Fox just likes to put MacFarlane name onto things it increase its chance of ratings. I doubt he has major involvement with the show. I think the last this he actually did for fox was cosmos.
>>
the art looks like a cross between family guy and squidbillies
>>
>>78634391
Show honestly doesn't look that bad. And if the rumors that Mike Barker is involved then it might actually be good.
>>
The setting, Mexifornia, irks me a bit. They could've gone with the real life Calexico, CA.

>>78634745
American Dad went to TBS so he can do it there with more lenient censorship.
>>
>>78634391
Shilling isn't allowed here

>>>r/shekels
>>
>>78634419
3south. Bordertown and 3south have the same creator. Not Seth MacFarlane btw
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.