[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Wars Rebels /swr/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 671
Thread images: 101

File: Korriban.jpg (885KB, 1200x727px) Image search: [Google]
Korriban.jpg
885KB, 1200x727px
Moraband Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.co.uk/updates/release.htm

>Newest Rebels Recon Episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JrVry8kgyw

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

>Star Wars: Uprising: (/swr/ Cartel: Loth-Cats)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpW6fOEvuSg

>Star Wars: Commander: (/swr/ Squad: Empire - SheevSquad)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUD2JkBxIJo

>Canon Guide: (Timeline coming soon)
http://imgur.com/a/wnoIs

>Star Wars /co/ Booru:
starwars.booru.org

>Download links: (Books, Comics, Rebels, Films, etc)
http://pastebin.com/nWsKtSya (embed)
>>
>>78631928
>Moraband
FUCK YOU
>>
File: b4f.png (10KB, 353x291px) Image search: [Google]
b4f.png
10KB, 353x291px
>>78631938
>>
File: CXdyVd4WsAAOV6f.jpg (41KB, 540x505px) Image search: [Google]
CXdyVd4WsAAOV6f.jpg
41KB, 540x505px
>>
>>78631934
>Not the character, but the actress is Christopher Lee's niece. I doubt the character will have any connection to Dooku but I could see them making Serenno her homeworld or something just as a nod.
Hah, that'd be pretty cool.
>>
New Rebel Episode when?
>>
File: 3NXk96G.jpg (55KB, 331x544px)
3NXk96G.jpg
55KB, 331x544px
>>78631955
I can't wait until we find out they're related, somehow. I especially can't wait for Tumblr's reaction to it and the fallout that will occur.

>>78632040
Sometime in January.
>>
What if Rey is the Celeste Morne of this new EU. Frozen in time from the Old Republic within the first Jedi temple and Luke finds her and becomes his adopted daughter.
>>
File: chopper1.jpg (122KB, 750x900px) Image search: [Google]
chopper1.jpg
122KB, 750x900px
>>78632040
Disney has put the show on indefinite hiatus after Dave Filoni and Pablo Hidalgo were arrested on New Year's Eve. An anonymous whistleblower alerted Homeland Security that the pair were planning a terror attack on Times Square. Improvised explosives were found in their offices at Lucasfilm as well as a map of Times Square with targets marked, and a manifesto proclaiming that American devils will die in the name of Allah. Disney has released a statement stating that the show is being put on hiatus, and insiders have revealed that Disney is unlikely to allow the show to continue.

Homeland Security has declined to identify the whistleblower.
>>
File: 1451218616425.gif (2MB, 500x220px) Image search: [Google]
1451218616425.gif
2MB, 500x220px
>>78632068
>I especially can't wait for Tumblr's reaction to it and the fallout that will occur.
And then it turns out Poe is straight. Tumblr will be on suicide watch
>>
File: 1450843031158.jpg (94KB, 960x960px)
1450843031158.jpg
94KB, 960x960px
>>78632134
Not just tumblr, we will be too
>>
>>78632134
I left the movie not even thinking twice about Poe as character, just oh, here's another rebel pilot.
I don't understand all the attention he's getting. People talk about him like he's the third main character.
>>
>>78632161
cute
>>
>>78632164
He's the Han Solo.
>>
>>78632161
>Keep the jacket, buddy
>T-thanks
>>
>>78632183
He shouldn't even be alive.
>>
>>78632161
>yellow text on white
why
>>
>>78632201
He's force sensitive and you know how those force types always survive weird shit
>>
>>78632206
>He's force sensitive
What is this head canon bullshit?
>>
>>78632193
>giving his letter jacket to his sweetheart
>>
>>78631938
>>Moraband
>>The Clone Wars team initially called the planet Korriban, but George Lucas preferred the name Moraband.

LUUUUUUUCAS!
>>
>>78632218
It's a theory because a) of how invincible he is in the sky. He is untouchable. b) in the shattered empire comics, it was shown he was growing in very close proximity around a force sensitive tree that gave off energy or something like that
>>
>>78632235
>He is untouchable
>crashes
>>
There's no real indication Poe is force sensitive, but in that one sequence he downed 9 tie fighters and precisely picked off individual storm troopers on the ground all in 30 seconds.

That's terrifying.
>>
>>78632253
>but in that one sequence he downed 9 tie fighters and precisely picked off individual storm troopers on the ground
So that makes him as deadly as what, 2 ewoks?
>>
File: outlaaaaw.png (168KB, 540x264px)
outlaaaaw.png
168KB, 540x264px
With the First Order now free to take further control of the galaxy and thus impose their own rule, would that make Poe Dameron an outlaw?
>>
>>78632343
I know we're expected to believe that, but it doesn't really seem like that's how things would go. The new republic controls most of the galaxy. The first order blowing up the hosnian system would be like ISIS nuking DC. Sure, the US would flair around for a bit as it reorganized, but then things would go pretty badly for ISIS after that.

Also the Empire could afford to shrug off the destruction of the death star, but the first order's resources and finances have to be much more limited, which means the loss of starkiller base should be crippling.

If it hadn't been destroyed, they could press forward and continue the attack on the reeling republic, but that's off the table.
>>
>>78632276
2 ewoks can kill 9 ties and several storm troopers with what? A sling and some stone?
>>
>>78632422
I think you missed the joke
>>
>>78632476
nah, I know, I just jumped on the first part because it was something I wanted to comment on.

I thought it was very strange that the movie was acting like the republic was finished.
>>
>>78632343
Are they? I mean unlike the Republic they didn't lose any of their fleet, presumably, when the planet exploded. Unfortunately they lost a planet's worth of personal, Stormtroopers (which apparently they have in rather limited supply, unlike the Empire) and a shit ton of vehicles and fighter craft. For that matter we don't really know what kind of fleet the First Order has since we never really saw any.

And supposedly the Republic only kept a token military force anyway, with individual planets having their own security forces (or at least the option for their own armies).

Not really sure where they're taking this, to be honest. Snoke didn't seem really put off by the loss of Starkiller Base and the Republic hardly seems like it was handled a deathblow. The Jedi MAY be on their way back if Rey can make Luke stop being a selfish dick and learn to care again.
>>
How did the Jedi learn about Darth Bane and the Rule of Two? Wasn't the whole point that Bane was the only Sith survivor and the Jedi thought the order was dead all along?
>>
>>78632633
Because Lucas liked the line he wrote for Yoda to say.
>>
>>78632633
They learned it from someone they called Isha'Mael.
>>
>>78632633
They used the force.
>>
>>78632633
Obviously eventually they hunted him down and thought they had killed both him and his apprentice. Not sure why he was buried in a crypt on Moraband, though. Can't imagine the Jedi would do that.
>>
File: Even this guy knows.jpg (88KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Even this guy knows.jpg
88KB, 500x281px
Today I will remind them
>>
>>78632633
We don't know because nothing about old bane is canon, and even in the old days nothing except the rule of two was G tier canon
>>
>>78632522
There can be as many (or as few) reactivated, Republic-crewed star destroyers as the plot demands
>>
>>78632832
I figure the Republic will still stay out of the fight. Yeah even after the First Order destroyed an entire solar system. Their senate will be stonewalled by people who want to blame the Resistance for provoking the First Order.
>>
>>78632712
>Isha'Mael.
in disney canon is called Ahab.
>>
File: COGFzBxXAAA8n4q.jpg (76KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
COGFzBxXAAA8n4q.jpg
76KB, 576x1024px
>>78632880
WE PASSED UPON THE STAIR
>>
>>78632068
Honestly I'm shipping it only out of hopes it might be incest. Cousins would be nice but brother/sister would be even better. If it turns out they aren't related then it loses all appeal.
>>
File: 1449425808277.jpg (47KB, 600x600px)
1449425808277.jpg
47KB, 600x600px
You're in the temple and this guy smacks your Padawan's ass, what do you do?
>>
>>78633179
Nothing, my Padawan would kick his ass.
>>
>>78633179

force choke
>>
Just played Heroes and Villains and was Sheev fives times in a row. I won as Sheev five times in a row. Seriously, if people knew how to play him properly they would realise he's OP.
>>
>>78633179
If I were in the Star Wars universe I'd rather be a regular fucking guy.
Like at most a trooper of some such for someone, maybe part of a smuggler operation. I sure as shit wouldn't be a fucking Jedi, they tend to die literally all the time.
>>
>>78633357
This. I would rather just travel the stars with my friends. See the worlds and what they have to offer.
>>
>>78633365
And of course you would submit to First Order boarding and inspection, right Traitor?
>>
>>78633397
I would submit to TR-8R alright.
>>
>>78632437
30 years after RotJ, ewoks have learned to disguise themselves as humans. Their greatest warrior, Poe Damaran...
>>
>>78633353
Sheev is the best and easily the most fun to play.

He and Boba are the only characters with good dialogue too.

Leia sounds like they were trying to make her WAY too stronk and independant. Luke sounds too much like a Prequel Era Jedi if that makes sense. Vader has some of the worst dialogue in the history of the franchise. ("You will die by my lightsaber!")

And don't even get me started on Han Solo. They captured the likeliness of all the characters fairly well, except Han, who looks and sounds like a bad cosplayer.

Boba and Sheev are voiced by Temuera and Witwer, and the professional quality REALLY shows.

And for those worried about Witwer, he has definitely gotten much smoother as Sheev, since his awkward TFU impersonations.

But yeah, Sheev is fun to play. Dat SithScream(tm) when you use the GoodTrick(tm) attack. And being able to spawn Shock Troopers is the icing on the cake.

My only complaint is no Lightsabers, dual wielding would have been fab.

Oh, and, I would have preferred if he got Royal Guards instead of Shock Troopers, and the Shock Trooper should have been unlockable armor like Scout, right? Makes sense to me.

But DICE don't think about these things. I'm betting when they got hired for the role, they probably sat and watched the movies for the first time in well over a decade. Yeah, I'm going there, I dont think Dice really gave a shit about Star Wars until Disney showed up and they got told they might be making a game for it.
>>
>>78632633
The Jedi learned of his plan, killed him and had him buried on Moraband to mark the end of the Sith.
>>
>>78633438
>Poe is just a pair of shaved Ewoks hiding in a flight suit.

Truly Star Wars has the deepest and more serious lore.
>>
>>78633443
>dice don't give a shit about star wars

What tipped you off? The bare minimum in terms of gameplay or the flagrant reskins of other contemporary shooters?
>>
File: hera_syndulla.jpg (99KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
hera_syndulla.jpg
99KB, 768x432px
>>78633365
I will like to have my own ship. With a twi'lek pilot, a wookie, another human and a droid. And I want to explore the SW universe with them.

>ywn do this in your life.
>>
>>78633450
Hey, if what anon above says is true, he even grew up near a life tree...
>>
>>78633201
Describe your padawan.
>>
>>78633443
Yeah it would have been so much better to have the Royal Guard, but it was a quick cop out by DICE. They could have at least given Sheev a lightsaber to deflect, because if they're trying to stay true to the OT well he never deflected with little lightning balls in his hand. We know he had a lightsaber on him.
>>
File: ahsokattack.png (411KB, 1280x540px)
ahsokattack.png
411KB, 1280x540px
>>78633489
Hello there.
>>
>>78633462
I honestly kinda' knew back in April when they pulled the "space isnt fun" shit.

Free Radical wanted to put every single aspect of Star Wars in their games. They made games for the fans, and Dice made a game for themselves.

>>78633489
Nice butt, that seems to be the most important thing in raising a Padawan.

>>78633493
Yup. I suspect Royal Guard will be a DLC villain. Such a lazy cop-out.
>>
Who should be the main protagonist in the inevitable TV show between ROTJ and TFA? Ben Solo? Luke Skywalker? A completely new character? Snoke?

Personally, I think Ben should be the main character. We still know almost nothing about him and I really want to know why exactly he turned to the dark side.
>>
>>78633547
Yeah, they sound about as credible and genuine as the guys who tried to do 3D jagged alliance and went up claiming the AI was so dumb because the second game was "too hard"...
>>
>>78633583
Clearly it'd be Poe, so we can see that he wasn't always the ace pilot and was a shitty fucking kid.

Everyone likes watching a fuck up kid fuck up, right?
>>
File: Kes_Dameron.png (416KB, 413x540px) Image search: [Google]
Kes_Dameron.png
416KB, 413x540px
>>78633583
Why not a rebel soldier? Seeing everything from his pov. Pic not related, he is a family man, he is Poe's dad.
>>
>>78633628
He looks a bit like Kanan. Poe confirmed as Kanans son
>>
>>78633634
Nah, by that time Kanan would be like 60 years old.
>>
>>78633529
go home Anakin you're still not allowed to screw her
>>
File: anakin.jpg (100KB, 2495x1063px) Image search: [Google]
anakin.jpg
100KB, 2495x1063px
>>78633694
You understimate my dick power!
>>
>thread turning into tumblr after the movie

well, i'm out.
>>
Some anon on /tv/ posted a much better version of the prequel trilogy. I'll repost it here because I really think it's amazing and I would like to know what you think about it.

TPM
>Set 30 years before ANH
>Anakin is around 20 years old
>Jedi Knights function much the same as they do in TPM, but without the raising-them-from-childhood angle.
>Anakin is a young hotshot pilot in the Republic Air Force (Probably called something else)
>His brother Owen is a farmer on Tattooine, they love each other but argue frequently over Anakin thinking he's too good for the farmer's life and Owen being content with never leaving the planet.
>There are whisperings of a Clone Army being built, Anakin is assigned to an elite unit to investigate.
>The unit is led by Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi (around age 30)
>They form a friendship over the course of the mission, and Obi-Wan recognises Anakin's latent Force abiities
>The Clone Army is being built by the Sith, who have returned.
>Everyone in the unit is killed in a climactic battle involving prototype-Clones, led by Darth Maul
>Anakin manages to kill the final Clones before looking over and witnessing Obi-Wan defeat Maul in a lightsaber duel
>Obi-Wan reports to the leaders of the Republic (perhaps a council of 12 with ONE Jedi representative - probably Yoda)
>Obi-Wan visits the recovering Anakin on Tattooine. He tells him there is a war on the horizon and asks him to come and train with him to become a Jedi Knight
>Owen begs Anakin not to go
>Anakin leaves with Obi-Wan, Owen watches them depart
>Fin
>>
>>78633856
AotC
>Around 8 years later (22 years before ANH)
>Anakin is a Jedi Knight (28ish), and is partnered with Obi-Wan (38ish)
>Anakin is still hot-headed, pulls babes (none of this no-attachment bullshit), very Top Gun Maverick, while Obi-Wan is more patient and wise. They are best friends.
>Padme is introduced as a Senator of great importance, testifying to the fact of an enormous Clone Army (based off of the prototypes in TPM) that has been completed and will strike any day.
>Hates Anakin, finds him cocky and childish, Anakin finds her uptight and rude. There's sexual tension.
>Anakin and Obi-Wan are assigned by Sheev (another member of the Republic Council thing) to protect Padme on her journey back to her own planet. They are attacked on the way, but successfully reach Naboo.
>More tension with Anakin and Padme, they sleep together.
>The next morning, Naboo is the first planet attacked by the Clone Army. Begun, the Clone Wars have.
>Three Sith attack Anakin and Obi-Wan.
>Padme attempts to help and is thrown hard against a wall or pillar.
>Anakin's resulting anger causes him to easily destroy his one or two opponents while Obi-Wan finishes his off with significantly more difficulty.
>Anakin rushes over to Padme and makes sure she's okay, she kisses him
>Back on Coruscant, Obi-Wan is worried about Anakin's anger, talks to him about it and Anakin acknowledges it and promises to work on it. As they discuss this Sheev listens with great interest.
>They learn that the Clone Army has begun to attack other planets as well.
>Ends with Anakin and Padme being married, a small but not secret ceremony. Obi-Wan is best man.
>Fin
>>
>>78632227
Eh, they can always retcon it so it was originally called Korriban, but got renamed at some point. Galaxy's old, after all.
>>
File: dem eyes.gif (2MB, 320x244px) Image search: [Google]
dem eyes.gif
2MB, 320x244px
>watching season 3 clone wars
>asshole jedi in command'
>feel so bad for the clones
>>
>>78633856
>>78633865
RotS 1/2
>Around 7 years later (15 years before ANH)
>Anakin (around 35 now) and Padme have twins, Luke and Leia, who are around five years old. They live with him in the Jedi Temple.
>Sheev is a friend and mentor to Anakin, and Obi-Wan (around 45 now) is wary of this, perhaps a little jealous.
>The Clone Wars operate much the same as we see in RotS, but with Jedi leading each regiment of Republic troopers against Clones, rather than Clones against droids.
>Yoda leads the troops on Alderaan and is friends with the King there.
>Anakin is with Sheev, who is telling them that he is the only Jedi he can trust, because he believes the others plan to stage a coup.
>Anakin refuses to believe this.
>Suddenly all the Clones, all over the galaxy, stop attacking.
>The Republic troopers are told to execute Order 66.
>Order 66 plays out much the same as what we saw. Yoda, with the Alderaan King's help, manages to escape.
>Obi-Wan also escapes his slaughter.
>The Jedi Temple goes into lock-down mode - nobody in or out while the Jedi are being exterminated.
>Anakin isn't allowed in to see his family.
>Sheev admits he is the Sith lord, and sends every last Sith under his command into the temple under the pretense of saving Anakin's family.
>He tells Anakin this is the Jedi coup he was telling him was coming, and his family isn't safe. Anakin goes along with the Sith forces.
>Really, they've been told to kill everyone.
>The last Jedi (aside from Yoda and Obi-Wan) and the last Sith (aside from Sheev) are in the Temple at this point.
>Obi-Wan, with the aid of the King of Alderaan and Yoda, infiltrates the Temple through a hidden entrance and rescues Anakin's family. As they escape, though, Padme is stabbed by a Sith.
>Obi-Wan stays with her as she dies while Yoda and The King of Alderaan get the twins to safety.
>>
>>78633583
>Because of the whole "every single person in the Empire is evil, no matter what, shit we'll never have a show that focuses on Stormtroopers just doing their jobs

Fuck everything, I want TROOPS to be a real show.
>>
>>78633877
Keep watching....
>>
>>78633866
Korriban, third planet in the Korriban system.
Moribund, fourth planet in the Korriban system.

Oh look, fixed.
>>
>>78633856
>>78633865
>>78633879
RotS 2/2
>As Padme dies, Anakin walks in with two Sith and sees Obi-Wan over her body, lightsaber wound and all.
>Obi-Wan and Anakin both stare at each other before the Sith rush Obi-Wan. He defeats them while Anakin stares as Padme's body, filled with rage. He attacks Obi-Wan.
>Yoda and King of Alderaan reach their ship and begin to fly away but are attacked by TIE Fighters.
>Anakin and Obi-Wan fight their way out of the Temple, along a cliff near a waterfall.
>Obi-Wan fights Anakin along the cliff, pleading with him to listen. Anakin is beyond caring, and blames Obi-Wan and all Jedi for not allowing him into the temple. He thinks he would've saved Padme, succeeding where Obi-Wan failed.
>At this point, Sheev presses a button, and the Temple explodes, killing all Jedi and Sith inside.
>Anakin falls to his knees and asks if his children were inside.
>Obi-Wan is about to tell him they got out okay, but sees Anakin's Sith eyes and realises he's gone. He tells him that they were inside.
>Anakin is silent for a moment before screaming with rage and resuming the fight.
>Yoda and the King of Alderaan manage to escape
>Obi-Wan defeats Vader, slicing off his arm and stabbing him through the chest. With his last bit of strength, Vader Force-pushes Obi-Wan off the cliff before collapsing.
>Obi-Wan lands in water below, and sees Vader's lightsaber. He takes it, and swims away.
>Sheev finds Vader and realises that he is still alive, despite having been stabbed through his chest.
>Obi-Wan returns to the others. He leaves Leia with the King of Alderaan and takes Luke.
>Anakin is being laid into his armour on an operating table. Sheev observes, and Vader tells him he killed Obi-Wan.
>Obi-Wan Luke to Owen on Tattooine, then walks over the hill into the distance.
>Vader awakens in his black armour and observes his surroundings
>The Emperor stands by a window, looking out into space
>Vader rises from the chair, and stands behind his Master
>Fin
>>
>>78633438
Or in his native tongue, Lieutenant Kettch.

Yub yub, Commander!
>>
>>78633880
But TFA actually humanized the stormtroopers. The scene where Kylo Ren destroys the interrogation room and the guards walk away to not have to deal with a pissed off Kylo was comedy gold.
>>
>>78633493
I'll be honest, I preferred how utterly contemptuous he was of Luke's 'Jedi Weapon' in ROTJ. I liked the idea that he was so powerful in the Dark Side he didn't need a lightsaber to kick your ass. But no, gotta have the obligatory lightsaber fights in the Prequels. Noot to mention literally inventing 'lightsaber forms' and trying to retroactively apply them to the OT.
>>
>>78633917
>comic relief is humanization
Except not.
>>
>>78633856
>>78633865
>>78633879
>>78633888
>Every single hobby writer can write a better prequel trilogy than the creator of Star Wars

This is just sad.
>>
>>78633939
It is because every real human would've done the same in this situation. They are not juts faceless goons anymore, especially now that a stormtrooper is one of the new main characters.
>>
>>78633866
Is that not already the official explanation? I thought it was, that the planet was originally called Korriban, but over the hundreds of years the name was corrupted until it became known as Moraband?

Lucasfilm hinted that they're the same planet, but that the name changed over time. I just assumed it was canon in all but... name.
>>
>>78633887
Or, they renamed the planet. Shit, they've renamed countries in the real world several times over in the span of time of a 1000 years. I could see the Republic, assuming that the Sith are dead, rebranding their old homeworld to shove 'em down the memory hole. Hell, maybe the Sith did it themselves for the same reason, to drive themselves out of the consciousness of the galaxy.

Not like there's a very big native population to complain.
>>
>>78633879
>>78633888
You lost me at Luke and Leia being five before Anakin's turn and actually knowing him.
>>
>>78633951
>They are not juts faceless goons anymore
comic relief doesn't stop that at all, bad guys and mooks are used for comedy all the fucking time. It's when they're used for that that you know any additional characterization for them is gone. Only Finn's done anything to humanize troopers and he's not exactly helpful when the moment he turns from being a trooper he's gunning them down en mass with a goddamn ship turret.

Humanizing is having your Stormtrooper actually talk about something other than helping X leader take over the galaxy.
>>
>>78633877
That's season 4. Pong Krell is an asshole. Keep watching, it gets better... and worse.
>>
>>78633940
>Every single hobby writer THINKS they can write a better prequel trilogy than the creator of Star Wars
>Especially when they have the actual trilogy to base off of, and don't have to do the heavy lifting themselves
>>
>>78634058
>George Lucas
>originality and heavy lifting

Pick one.
>>
>>78634100
Well, it is arguably easier to remake a series of films you've already seen, than having to make everything yourself from scratch.

Viewers have the advantage of already knowing all the planets, characters, plot points, vehicles and so on.

What I'm saying is: Hindsight is 20/20

Especially for those who have spent the past ten years dwelling on how they'd "fix" everything.
>>
>>78634226
I'm mostly trying to imagine George doing any literal heavy lifting right now...
>>
>>78634100

Looking at the rewrite efforts in this thread I'd pick two.
>>
>>78633879
>>78633888

You know, there are plenty of people that already complain that Anakin's turn was poorly written because he was essentially tricked by Sheev and went full Vader too easily. And in the actual PT Sheev capitalised on Anakin's problem's and insecurities which accumulated from Episode I, as well as their long-term relationship.

In this fucking story Anakin suddenly goes full Vader and aligns himself with the person who is currently slaughtering all his friends and allies (with whom he has no tensions in this version) and is clearly responsible for every bad thing that happened so far because... Anakin is just fucking retarded apparently.
>>
File: 1451150798303.jpg (109KB, 437x680px) Image search: [Google]
1451150798303.jpg
109KB, 437x680px
>>78633940

What's sad is your utter lack of taste.
>>
>>78634396
>waifuing a "woman" with a head shaped like an egg
why
>>
>>78634630
After reading Moving Target, I have to admit Cerean girls can be cute...
>>
>>78634630
>not liking Tua
you are a monster
>>
>>78633672
Kanan is only late 20s-mid 30s in Rebels and wouldn't be past 40 at Endor. Besides, Poe was already born before Endor.
>>
>>78633866
The notes say precisely that, that the planet was so old it could've had multiple names across time.
>>
>>78634375
Nothings more nothing then a fan with ideas
>>
File: DarthMaladi.jpg (768KB, 1101x1448px) Image search: [Google]
DarthMaladi.jpg
768KB, 1101x1448px
>Darth Maladi will never dominate you
Why live
>>
File: RyoChuchi.jpg (894KB, 852x1178px) Image search: [Google]
RyoChuchi.jpg
894KB, 852x1178px
>>78635267
M'ladi
>>
>>78635267
You I have to say I feel really sorry about the peoples from these races.

They really never have a chance to be much more than assholes with how they look.
>>
>>78633879
>>The Republic troopers are told to execute Order 66.
Republic troopers? And how would order 66 work with non-clones?
>>
>>78634010
I agree, sort of. I was bothered that Finn turned on his own so quickly, despite having spent his entire life there.
>>
>>78635427
Emergency protocol in case the jedi make a grab for power. Why the republic DOESN'T have one is beyond me, to be honest.
>>
File: Shattered-Empire-03.png (603KB, 640x553px) Image search: [Google]
Shattered-Empire-03.png
603KB, 640x553px
>>78635056
Poe was conceived after Endor. Pic related. Shara Bey and Kes Dameron, mother and father.
>>
>>78635516
Read the next couple issues where Shara mentions her son is home waiting for her.
>>
>>78635468
Hmm. Maybe.

The clone armies of the PT always bothered me, anyway. Pretty amazing how the movies straight up ignored the moral implications of breeding a slave army. It's something you'd expect from the bad guys. TCW at least touched on it, a few times.

A better way of having Anakin turn would have been him rebelling against the slavery and moral bankruptcy of the Republic, and then go full darkside in his righteous anger.
>>
>>78635561
so it's not Kes Dameron's son but his wife's? interesting
>>
>>78635516
>>78635561
Before the Awakening also makes no mention of Poe having a sibling when his section talks about his life on Yavin IV.
>>
>>78635561
You are right, my bad. Thanks anon.
>>
>>78635630
Shara was not with Kes when she mentioned her son to whoever it was she was talking to. Most parents say "my kid" instead of "our kid" if the other parent is not around.
>>
>>78635590
>It's something you'd expect from the bad guys
Well it pretty much was the idea of the bad guys. The republic were faced in a shit situation where they had to accept a fully armed trained and combat ready army instead of being decimiated.
>>
>>78635590
This so much. It's just weird that no one, not even the Jedi or Padme ever cared about the republic using slaves as cannon fodder.

The clones should've either been the enemies of the republic or Anakin as a former slave should've rebelled against the use of clones, making him a more sympathetic main character while also giving him another reason to betray the republic.
George really is a hack.
>>
>>78632227
What kind of person gets upset over a minor change like this?

Get upset over plot holes or critical errors not name changes.
>>
>>78633856
>>78633865
>>78633879
>>78633888
Sounds even more retarded than what we got with Lucas' PT.
>>
>>78635899
>The clones should've either been the enemies of the republic
Then the republic and jedi are killing slaves
Latter idea works though
>>
>>78635906
Because it's indicative of things Lucas prioritises in his "storytelling". He has no clue what gives something substance.
>>
>>78635847
>The republic were faced in a shit situation where they had to accept a fully armed trained and combat ready army instead of being decimiated.

I'm sure that's what they told themselves at night. The clones were slaves, period. I don't remember the republic making any attempts to build their own battle droids, or drafting/recruiting an army from their own population. And let's not forget the republic continuing to order cannon fodder from the Kaminoan slave factories. It wasn't a one time occurrence. They sure as hell had a choice.

>>78635899
>Anakin as a former slave should've rebelled against the use of clones
That would have been a really compelling story, actually.
>>
>>78636057
Because having the name be Korriban would suddenly give it substance?

You're opening up a completely new can of worms here, this has nothing to do with Lucas's storytelling. Was about a name "change", which it never really was, because Lucas never considered the EU as Canon. To him, Korriban never existed, he was making something new.
>>
>>78635590
The entire point is that the Jedi was shoved into a situation where they had no choice

Also If were gonna start calling attention to the slave army then you need to complain about how the Protagonists in the OT were straight up Terrorists.

your supposed to just go with it
>>
>>78636147
The point is more that he seems to think this important enough to comment on, rather than delivering something with actual substance. For all his haranguing about how he's supposedly an 'artist', his direct input into creative processes is often extremely banal. That's what irks me about the name change more than the name of the planet per se:
That the name change was even important enough to require personal comment from the big boss himself.
>>
>>78635899
>Anakin as a former slave should've rebelled against the use of clones
I'd be down for this
>>
>>78636146
> I don't remember the republic making any attempts to build their own battle droid

All the Droid builders where supporting the CIS that was the point.

>drafting/recruiting an army from their own population

They did take recruits, but they never had a standing army, and then a war started, they couldn't rely on conscripts as they would have been outnumbered
>>
>>78636203
I see. I mean, George is a strange guy. Sometimes, he wants things to be very specific. I prefer Korriban as a name, just sounds cooler, but ehh, I never really cared about the change, and I don't really think Lucas should be hassled over such a minor thing.

The planet and its history is likely the same, or similar (we'll see where LSG goes with that era), and as others have pointed out, it's very likely that its called Korriban by the Sith still, or was called Korriban pre-Bane or something.
>>
>>78636173
>The entire point is that the Jedi was shoved into a situation where they had no choice
Shouldn't Jedi try to be better than that? Than using slaves to fight their battles? If that's the case, they could just spare the trouble and go dark side immediately. Face it, the jedis of the Republic were corrupt as hell.

>your supposed to just go with it
No
>>
>>78636215
Great.

Mind telling me why we should support the Republic, anyway? Fighting for "Democracy" doesn't really mean shit when you're simultaneously using slave labor.

Actually, I don't mind the two opposing sides being gray as fuck. It just bothers me when the movies portray the jedis as a bunch of saints, when they're obviously anything but. And as was mentioned earlier in the thread, they really missed a great opportunity to make it part of Anakin's turn.
>>
>>78636281
2bh, the Jedi were one of the few groups who distinguished individual clones. They treated them not as a single entity but as individual characters. The jedi were the better party when dealing with the clones. It explains why in the Kanan comic one of the clones effectively gets PTSD from order 66 because they grew close to each other.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (40KB, 297x495px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
40KB, 297x495px
TFA just beat Titanic who would have known something like this would happened
>>
>>78633790
IT'S OVER ANAKIN, YOUR GAME IS WEAK.
>>
So Star Wars Old Republic Netflix series when?
Disney and Netflix are already tight thanks to MCU connections and its the perfect place to have a series like that
>>
>>78636528
Once episode 9 is done so they can aggressively market their next venture
>>
>>78636414
Not saying there weren't sympathetic jedi on an individual basis. It's the overall system that was beyond saving. Honestly, most jedi were probably as indoctrinated and conditioned from birth as the clones, having been taken to the temple at a young age, never knowing their parents.

Honestly, I would have tried to separate myself from the clusterfuck that is the republic myself.
>>
>>78636281
>Shouldn't Jedi try to be better than that? Than using slaves to fight their battles?
Because they had no one else to fight the Separatists with, you don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

>>78636378
The Old Republic became corrupt over the centuries, this time-period became the Gilded Age for the Republic, glamorous and shiny on the outside but rotten on he inside.

> It just bothers me when the movies portray the jedis as a bunch of saints, when they're obviously anything but
The Jedi were the very few people that treated the Clones with any respect and care. The Jedi and the Old Republic were led into a fucking trap by a Sith Lord playing the Long Game.
>>
>>78636281

The Jedi REALLY had no say in the matter. The Republic Senate made the decision to give Sheev the emergency powers he needed to approve use of the army, abdicating responsibility for the choice in the process -- like Bail Organa said in Attack of the Clones, if the Senate itself were to vote, they probably wouldn't have approved the use of clones.

If the Jedi had decided to split off or run away or something, it just would have made everything worse, because then they'd be at war with the same Republic they're supposed to defend, and rather than waiting for Order 66 the clones would be hunting them IMMEDIATELY -- and so would the CIS's droid armies.

The decision to use the clone army is a decision the Republic made and the Jedi had to live with. At least the majority of the Jedi tried to treat the clones like individuals and treat them with respect.

The Jedi are not in charge of the Republic. Just watching the fucking movies will show you that. They're involved with the Republic, but they don't make policy decisions and they don't have a voice in the Senate.
>>
>>78636557
People did leave the Republic, they then found themselves under Separatist rule or lived in shithole systems that were being controlled by Crime Lords. The Star Wars Galaxy is a literal shithole with a few places that were relatively safe.
>>
>>78636434
I HATE YOU!
>>
>>78636378
>It just bothers me when the movies portray the jedis as a bunch of saint

Not really, i mean there is Obi, But Palpatine's whole pitch was pointing out the flaws and poor points in the jedi order, which anakin agrees with as far back as episode 2

and Then Mace kinda confirms those points
>>
>>78636569
>The Jedi are not in charge of the Republic.
Nah, they just fight their wars for them.

Look, I'm not saying that all jedi were evil, but the system they ended up fighting for was. And it wasn't explored nearly enough in the movies.

>>78636620
>The Star Wars Galaxy is a literal shithole with a few places that were relatively safe.
Pretty much, yeah.
>>
>>78636277
True that. My issue with him is really that he often seems to miss the point. Take the current discussion on slave armies. That is a huge plot point. Slave armies and child soldiers are two things the prequels completely gloss over, where you could base an entire narrative on it and give the political and moral portions of the movie some genuine depth. Instead, we get rather thoughtless, but cool looking, drones vs droids and no one cares, not even the supposedly empathic guardians of life and harmony. That's typical Lucas, sadly. For all his great visuals at times, he really needs someone to rub his nose into what needs to be properly emphasised to make a story better.
>>
>>78636683
>Nah, they just fight their wars for them.

That's not some thing they like, and they try to avoid it, Their peace keepers, when the system is working they are more akin to the peace corps.
>>
>>78636724
Dude people pissed them selves just by putting in the politics they did, you really want all the whniny fanboys complaining that he dares to tackle the subject of grey morality, and compromise.

Let alone all the "Star wars should be fun/for kids" faggots
>>
>>78634630
She's wearing a weird hat, her head is probably normal. Lothal fashion is weird.
>>
>>78636779
You can make it completely black and white and still address the issues at hand. There's countless ways to handle the clone problematic. The missed opportunity is that in the movies, it's completely ignored. You could have tossed out the boring senate sessions and given us some passionate debates full of fiery passion instead, on an issue like this.
>>
>>78636724
>you could base an entire narrative on it and give the political and moral portions of the movie some genuine depth
This.

>>78636779
>whniny fanboys complaining that he dares to tackle the subject of grey morality, and compromise.
Look, if you introduce concepts like slavery and child soldiers, you already went there. Refusing to tackle it further will just be seen as him glossing over potentially uncomfortable subjects, and doesn't help the narrative. Same shit Korra did, as it happens.
>>
>>78636855
No you can't make it black and white and still discuss it .
>>
>>78636683
>Nah, they just fight their wars for them.

They didn't want to fight you idiot, their hands were tied in this matter when the Separatists were being led by the Sith Lord Count Dooku. Once it became know he was in charge of this Coup, the Jedi, an organization that fights the Sith, had to go in the fray and their was no backing out.

The Jedi, Other Separatist leaders, the Republic and even Dooku himself were being manipulated by the most powerful Sith Lord at the time who set his plans in motion for years, if not decades.

>>78636724
>no one cares, not even the supposedly empathic guardians of life and harmony
The Jedi did care about the Clones, they did try to get them rights and make sure once the war was over they were treated fairly. Do you even watch TCW?
>>
>>78636724
I think the idea was that the Jedi/Republic felt they HAD to use the Clones because, well, they're THERE, and worlds are getting fucked by the Seperatists, so they felt like they had no choice.

I agree that they could have shown the Jedi being more reluctant.

TCW covers it a little.

But remember, much of the start of the war is unknown in Canon. Perhaps they can do some stories that show how, for the first few months, the Jedi showed a lot of disapproval for the Clone Army or something? Maybe even a story about Jedi who leaves the Order because of it? A friend of Bariss maybe?
>>
>>78636876
>Look, if you introduce concepts like slavery and child soldiers, you already went there.

Except it wasn't really introduced.
>>
>>78636940
Those are decent ideas, but would require a reimagining of the prequels similar to what George did to the OT. In their case, I'm not really against it per se. The best thing Disney could do with the era is take the broad strokes of the story and reshoot the details where it, y'know, kinda falls apart in Lucas's take.

The grand scheme of the PT isn't bad at all. And I'll say that while hating those movies. TCW shows us it CAN be done well. I think the main problem with the PT is the overemphasis of some banal things, and the underemphasis of things which might grip the audience and tug at their heartstrings.
>>
>>78637038
>underemphasis of things which might grip the audience and tug at their heartstrings

The entire point was watching a good person give into all his hate and resentment
>>
>>78636940
>I agree that they could have shown the Jedi being more reluctant.
One of the main reasons the Jedi jumped into the clone wars was to lure out the Sith Lord. Unfortunately they never realized the whole ordeal was a trap, and they were doing the Sith's dirty work the whole time.
>>
>>78636674
"If this is what sobriety is like, then I'm going to smoke a big sack of crack!" - Obi-Wan Ben Larry Kenobi
>>
>>78637094
Then I'm sorry to say the PT missed the point entirely. Anakin is not "a good person".
>>
>>78636945
Yes it was. Doesn't matter what you call it.

>>78637038
Yeah, I agree. The plot is interesting, and the Republic being a hotbed of hypocrisy and moral greyness makes it more so.

>>78637094
But his reasons for doing so were very vague, and completely unmemorable. What was it again? Padme is going to die in childbirth unless you slaughter the younglings?
>>
>>78637171
>Anakin is not "a good person"
I think you missed the point entirely.
>>
>>78636425
And it will beat Avatar by Monday. Domestically at least.

Prepare to hear people say "akshually, adjusting for inflation..." for the next week as people try to play down the significance of this record breaking number.
>>
>>78637193
Anakin is shown to be a selfish, sociopathic murderer and gloryhound with no real moral compass.
>>
>>78637179
>Padme is going to die in childbirth unless you slaughter the younglings?
I think you missed all the ways that Sheev manipulated Anakin throughout AOTC and ROTS.
>>
>>78637179
>What was it again?
He was afraid of losing the people he loved, like his mother, and wanted to be strong enough to protect them and he was also an impulsive person that let his emotions get the better of him.

I might not like the prequels all that much either, but if you didn't understand that's what happened to him, then that's your own fault. You don't even need the cartoons to get that from the movies.
>>
>>78637195
Can't wait to see /tv/'s reaction to the news.
>>
>>78636569
>>78636683
A big part of the thing you guys are missing is the Jedi went to war with the Republic because the SITH were behind the confederacy; Dooku. That is the only reason they even participated in it.

>>78636724
>Slave armies and child soldiers are two things the prequels completely gloss over
>movie some genuine depth
But that's not the point of Star Wars. It's not suppose to be a deep or compelling narrative about politics. It's an adolescent popcorn filck for everyone and specifally kids. Lucas has went on record saying he wanted to do mature and adult themes but it has no place in Star Wars. Watch his older interviews and films.
>>
>>78637171
Seems like your the one who missed the point.

>>78637179
>But his reasons for doing so were very vague, and completely unmemorable. What was it again? Padme is going to die in childbirth unless you slaughter the younglings?

Anakin was always in turmoil, he was supposed to be serene but he was angry, he wasn't supposed to have attachment, but he fell in over , he had all this power but he couldn't protect or keep his mother alive. So then he sees padmes death coming, he wants to stop it he should be able to stop it, but yoda tells him to just let it happen basically, which isn;t acceptable, Sheeve knows this and tempts him with the possibility of changing fate. All while feeding into his ego, s well as his (rightfully so) belife the system doesn't work.

The thing to remember also is that anakin was on the Jedi's side right up till he cut off mace's hand which was done in an act of desperation. right after sheev chucks him out the window sobbing, realizing how badly he fucked up. But realizing hes gone to far he decides to stick it out for padme's sake

From their on he falls into a spiral of denial and self delusion, blaming everything on the jedi, and telling him self hes just making some small sacrifices for the greater good (like the jedi did during the war) But its clear he is still in anguish (him crying on mustafar)
>>
>>78636779
People don't hate politics in Star Wars per se, they just hate boring senate sessions that are not engaging in any way. To address the moral dilemma of using a clone army would've been incredibly interesting if well executed.
>>
>>78637427
I can get not liking the ones in aotc

But the ones in TPM and ROTS were all very well done.

But people do hate them on general principal, and that carried over to TCW even those some of those political episode had the best writing
>>
>>78637427
About politics, even ANH had the Mofference. Can't remember anyone complaining about that.

Writing and directing is what broke the prequels' back, not "moral ambiguity" and politics.
>>
>>78637287
Honestly, my point in this post >>78637038 deals not with changing the story in the prequels per se, but changing what is emphasised especially and how things are portrayed. Keep the story points, keep the characters as they are, but reshoot it under a lense that knows what tone fits what scene.

>>78637357
Lucas went on record, and then did the exact opposite in practise. Lucas as a source of information on his own work is incredibly unreliable to the point you have to wonder if he's delusional or just outright lying.
>>
>>78637427
The senate scenes were some of the better parts of the PT. They added a great amount of world building, none more so than Palpatines decleration
>>
>>78637263
>selfish, sociopathic murderer and gloryhound with no real moral compass
Were we watching the same movie?

The Anakin I saw was born a slave, stripped of his mother. Put into an organization that did not trust him or even welcomed him. Then on top of this, they forced him into a war as a general to have men die under his decisions while dealing with a failing marriage that was kept secret. Making worse the Jedi deny him the rank of master after everything he had done for them and the Republic. They take it further by asking him to spy on the one person he called a friend.

The biggest problem is he was the Chosen one. He knew it, Obi-wan and the rest of the Jedi knew it but they purposely kept him at bay instead of treating him like a colleague.
>>
>>78637357
And you think ROTS is an aolescent popcorn flick for everyone and specifically kids? If Lucas didn't have a problem with making a Star Wars movie about some crazy guy who murders children, chokes his pregnant wife and tries to kill his best friend, then he shouldn't have had a problem with making his movies deeper and more mature.
>>
>>78637525
>exact opposite in practise
How?

>Lucas as a source of information on his own work is incredibly unreliable to the point you have to wonder if he's delusional or just outright lying.
Can you point to this specifically? Everything he said he's been saying for decades and doing. Like the big one was he was unsatisfied with ANH and hated the technology at the time. Even the cast and crew speak about how depressed he was with the finished product. When he went back to alter ANH, people got on his ass saying he was "desecrating modern art". He never looked at it as art but as a film with huge problems.
>>
>>78637593
Not really

Think of it like a shakespear play, you don't need to know Why capulets and the montagues are fighting, and how that leads to tradgedy.
>>
I wish Ian would do more Sheev in some anthology films. He's just so perfect in his role
>>
>>78637511
I legitimately love all the Politics in TCW. And the politics in the movies weren't that bad either. Especially ROTS.
>>
>>78637536
I saw Anakin whining about having a better childhood and life than most of the people in the galaxy, with his own house, food on the table and a loving parent. He may have been 'de facto' a slave, but Watto not only seems to treat his slaves well, he cares about them enough to forbid them from killing themselves in a sport that is lethal for humans (until given huge incentive).

He then keeps repeating what he's dogmatically told by the jedi counsel but in his actions and the overinflated ego he displays about his accomplishments, it's obvious he is unfit to be a jedi knight, but is far too self-absorbed and immature to realise it. For Anakin, everyone else is wrong and only he is right, which in the end leads to him killing his own wife because he's completely lost grip with reality.

That is what the movies ACTUALLY portray. If they were trying to paint Anakin as a "good person", I'm sorry to say that completely backfired.
>>
>>78637639
Which makes ROTS a shitty movie.
>>
>>78637648
I pray he gets a cameo in Rogue One
>>
>>78637639
Please don't compare Star Wars to Shakespeare, ever.
>>
>>78637593
While ROTS is dark it's not a very deep or compelling story like Chinatown or Goodfellas. You never see the kids killed and you never see Anakin wrap his hands around Padme's throat. It's implied but Star Wars is for everyone. It's more comparable to old Greek tragedies or Shakespearean plays.

>he shouldn't have had a problem with making his movies deeper and more mature.
He doesnt't but star wars isnt that. It's a homage to old cereal cartoons made for everyone.
>>
>>78637159
A good friend.
>>
>>78637699
Yes, please.

I'm sure McDiarmid would jump at the chance too, he obviously loves Star Wars.

What about a Darth Plagueis movie?
>>
>>78637700
I just did faggot.
>>
>>78637676
>most of the people in the galaxy
How the fuck do you know that? Did you forget the fact that Anakin had a slave collar to blow him and his mother up? You forget he was owned by Watto and thereby the Hutts on a desert world filled with some of the most hostile scum ever?

>he cares about them enough to forbid them from killing themselves
Because Anakin was useful and if you knew anything about slaves expensive to lose. He had a very good talent for repair.

>overinflated ego he displays about his accomplishments,
He's the Chosen One meant to bring balance to the Force. He can say that because he can actually back it up.
>obvious he is unfit to be a jedi knight, but is far too self-absorbed and immature to realise it.
That's the point too. Qui-Gon or even Count Dooku would have been the perfect master for Anakin but without them he is lost and doomed to destroy the Jedi.

>he's completely lost grip with reality
Yup. A slave turned war hero then he loses it all.
>>
>>78637810
It'd shut the plaguisfags up for sure.

If they did a movie that was a prequel to 1, they could have Maul too, he always sells well. Nobody will say no to more Maul.
>>
>>78637810
I'm not surprised he does. He played one of the PT's best characters. I'd love to see more of him, though, in one or more of the spin-off movies. He's really great.
>>
>>78637733
>He doesnt't but star wars isnt that. It's a homage to old cereal cartoons made for everyone.

Why even use clones then if you don't want mature themes in your Star Wars movie? You could've made a much better story by just making the characters intelligent and sympathetic enough to address things like the republics use of a slave army, but Lucas didn't do it, not because "it's for children" but because he is a shitty writer. There are many mature themes in Star Wars, like Luke's moral dilemma of fighting his own father and people usually like that.
>>
>>78637700
Well part of the PT is period piece melodrama. Hence why everyone acts and talks like they're in a bad Shakespearian play.
>>
>>78637849
Do we bring back ray park of just put Sam Witner in makeup
>>
>>78637676
>paint Anakin as a "good person",
I think it worked pretty well especially adding TCW. But what people don't understand is they thought he was a flawless person as he was described by Obi-Wan in the OT. He wasn't.
>>
>>78637890
I honestly want Witwer, he is just too perfect as Maul. Stuntman for action scenes of course.
>>
>>78637676
>That is what the movies ACTUALLY portray. If they were trying to paint Anakin as a "good person", I'm sorry to say that completely backfired.

He was portrayed as a good person, just an angry and entitled one.

All the hoops he goes through just to save obi wan alone should prove that
>>
>>78637737
"Luke, did I ever tell you about the time your father almost fucked a cat-woman?"
>>
>>78637931
>Stuntman for action scenes of course.
* Unless it turns out Witwer can git gud at fighting with the Lightsaber. I'm sure he probably could, but they'd need a double for the flips and shit. Only reason I mentioned a stuntman is because Maul does a LOT of acrobatics in his fights, and I am not sure a voice actor is exactly going to be able to physically do that stuff.
>>
>>78637957
Having your friend's back doesn't necessarily make you a good person, omae. Bad guys can have friends, too.
>>
>>78637868
>Why even use clones then if you don't want mature themes in your Star Wars movie?
Why have guns if you don't want a mature theme? Why have laser swords that can cut people in half then? The Clones were a narrative device. That's all.

>could've made a much better story by just making the characters intelligent and sympathetic enough to address things like the republics use of a slave army
But that's your opinion. You could make Aladdin more mature by your suggestions. It would make a better movie but is it necessary?

>Luke's moral dilemma of fighting his own father
Greek tragedy/Shakespearean play
It's not really that deep Luke's story. It was actually a coming of age story for Luke and Anakin.
>>
>>78637897
Anakin only became likeable to me after watching TCW. It was his relationship with Ashoka that did it, I think. Felt like a real connection, like a sibling relationship. The PT had nothing like it, and I couldn't relate to him at all. So his "fall" left me feeling cold.

>>78637868
This. You can make a popcorn adventure and have it be enjoyable, but to make it memorable you need that extra emotional pull.
>>
>>78637995
I honestly don't want to see flips and crap in any future Maul fights. I'd rather have him use his hands and feet to creatively hurt his enemy, bust their kneecaps or breake their swordarms, for example. Mix in some MMA with lightsaber combat, and you still have a truckload of awesome, and it'll probably be more effective than Maul of the Dance.
>>
>>78637997
A Bad guy wouldn't throw away his life and the mission just for a friend though.

It was framed as selfless.
>>
>>78638045
That defeats the point of maul though, he fights like a whirlwind, you want ground and pound save it for vader.
>>
>>78638045
>complaining about flips and shit when the dude fought with the most useless weapon in star wars
>>
>>78638045
>don't want to see flips and crap in any future Maul fights.
He sure as hell was flipping in TCW. He's still got it but he's like Vader. He's capable of doing it but he is humble to the point its unnecessary unless his opponent is particularly strong. See Dooku.
>>
>>78638130
>Double edged lightsaber
>usless

Whaaaat?
>>
>>78638046
>A Bad guy wouldn't throw away his life and the mission just for a friend though.

The first counter example that immediately comes to mind is William Money.
>>
What are some inconsistencies between TCW and CW that keep CW from remaining in everyone's headcanon as occurring at the same time? (Besides super powered Made Windu and the lack of Ahsoka)
>>
>>78638153
>>
>>78638169
Less mobility than a lightsaber cause you have constantly worry about nicking yourself with the back end. What good is a quarter staff that you can only hold in the middle? And Maul's lightsaber is even worse than that because you can't let any part of the staff touch your body.

The only thing its good for is spinz.
>>
>>78638232
Anakin is a likable character in TCW.
>>
>>78638274
>>78638153
>>
I sometimes wish that Disney would go the DC route regarding animated films. So many good stories such as Lost Stars or Lords of the Sith will likely never get a feature production. But being animated could bring some form of greater exposure. It would be easier to do as well
>>
>>78638287
spinning is a good trick though
>>
>>78638287
Just cause amateurs shouldn't use it doesn't make it useless.

you oppenet has to keep an eye on both blades, and its a shit ton less predictable then 2 separate blades blades and thats not counting if you get tricky with it.
>>
>>78638274
I love how Maul's Mandos have armor that matches him.
>>
>>78638287
Ironically, the DBS is a fantastic defensive weapon, perfect for a Jedi.
>>
>>78638350
You know what an experienced fighter is going to do? He's going to knock that second blade right into your guts.
>>
Speaking of Maul, are we getting anything else from him set after Son of Dathomir?
>>
>>78638367
Maybe that's why the Temple Guard get those special issue DBS.
>>
>>78638287
Did you miss that Maul is a perfectly trained warrior with guidance from the Force? It would virtually be impossible for him to be killed by his own blade. He has the precognitive abilities.

>>78638429
spin off movie
>>
>>78637890
How about Ray Park dubbed over with Sam Witwer''s voice?
>>
>>78638455
>It would virtually be impossible for him to be killed by his own blade.
That's not what's at issue here. His weapon has less utility than his Jedi opponents. It looks cool, it does sick spins, but at the end of the day, that second blade is not helping him.
>>
Has anyone that read twilight company found it hard to get into? I'm coming from reading lost stars but idk, I'm just not feeling it yet.
>>
>>78638387
You know What an experienced fighter is gonna do? not let you do that.
>>
>this will never be the trailer to the start of the KOTOR movies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHPqtcix-5Y
Why won't Disney do anything with this cash cow they're sitting on
>>
>>78638516
Hahahahahha

>>78638455
>muh precognition makes me invulnerable

If that were true, no force user would ever die in combat.
>>
File: 1451340237258.png (140KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1451340237258.png
140KB, 300x300px
>>78638547
>>
>>78638547
Well it's both true and false. being adept at the force does give you a slight precognative sense. the issue is that many times you will basically no longer be paying attention to it, and becoming lost "in the moment". When that happens you can't really be helped, and one could say is an advantage for multi-bladed weapons, giving your opponent more things to be worried about and keeping their senses less and less in tune with the force.

but then again my favorite weapons are the Lightsaber Pikes.
>>
>>78638538
I dunno, man, I think they're going to milk the OT era to death first. So nothing new until 2020, I would guess.
>>
File: Emperor's_Shadow_Guard.jpg (19KB, 441x823px) Image search: [Google]
Emperor's_Shadow_Guard.jpg
19KB, 441x823px
>>78638629
>emperors shadow guard
my nigga. Such cool as fuck guys. Lightsaber pikes are underrated too, stab them bitches from afar
>>
>>78638629
The pikes are everything a double-saber should be, desu. Doublesabers as such are just...sword chuck tier. Look cool? Sure. Make sense? No. I'd rather have look cool AND make sense.
>>
File: dbs.gif (2MB, 404x212px) Image search: [Google]
dbs.gif
2MB, 404x212px
>>78638509
You do know that he can only activate one blade if he wants, and that the second blade helps for defense, as well as letting him fight multiple opponents
>>
>>78638669
But they do make sense your being autistic
>>
>>78638629
>giving your opponent more things to be worried about and keeping their senses less and less in tune with the force.
You can only strike with one blade at a time, and since all strikes have to come at a angle I don't see what there is to be worried about.
>>
>>78638681
>maul had the perfect opportunity to just cut the legs off of both of them
>>
>>78638709
Yeah, it'd be the perfect weapon I'd give someone if I wanted them to end up dead...

Oh, wait, that was Sheev's plan for Maul.

>>78638681
Except nothing in that gif shows this. What it does show is that the fight choreography helps him combat multiple opponents, not his weapon.
>>
>there's a light saber fighting school
>they have youtube videos

I'm impressed and repulsed at the same time.
>>
>>78638782
Just watch Kendo tutorials.
>>
>>78638681
I like Obi's little twirl while Maul has his back turned. Really useful.
>>
>>78638714
>He tries to Quigon blocked
>>
>>78638756
People have given you numerous reason why they work and are the go too alternative to the standard Saber
>>
>>78638830
>Kendo
>Not Fencing

I want the shien fags to leave

Makashi Top teir
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px)
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
Are they family?
>>
>>78638860
Their reasons literally boil down to "the force did it" and "I have no clue how weapons work".
>>
>>78638632
>Still thinking this when there's an Obi-Wan/Anakin miniseries between TPM and AOTC, not to mention Rian Johnson propping up the prequels in interviews.
>>
>>78638910
Except they dont you dont jeed the force to use tje weapon u just keep trackbof thebblade which u need tobdo with lightsaber s any way
>>
>>78638886
Cousins
>>
http://christianlind.com/is-star-wars-the-force-awakens-an-allegory-of-gamergate/
>>
>choosing unwieldy double sided lightsaber instead of just two separate ones
Anyone who does this unironically should be banned from their respective order. Especially when Jar'Kai has almost no drawbacks.
>>
>>78639136
Except it never works
>>
>>78638910
the effectiveness of the DBS is that it is a staff, but a staff that you cannot grasp the ends of. effectively you lose the reach of the staff, but keep the ability to use the leverage of the weapon, along with it's ability to guard and counter-attack effectively. It is specifically there to take advantage of a fighting styles that focus on momentum, but can still allow a number of normal strikes as well.

The biggest problem with the DBS is training with it, a problem that is common for all kinds of lightsabers, but the danger with the DBS is higher.

I imagine that jedis are trained with a number of "normal" weapons first, and those that flock to the staves will eventually have to make a choice as to what aspects of the staff they prefer, and decide on the style of lightsaber from there, mainly the guards DBS pikes, or a longer pike style weapon.
>>
File: 1401688496591.jpg (45KB, 660x607px) Image search: [Google]
1401688496591.jpg
45KB, 660x607px
>>78639123
>>
>>78639276

Don't even bother to give it clicks or derail the thread.
>>
Lego Finalizer when?
>>
>>78639231
>the effectiveness of the DBS is that it is a staff, but a staff that you cannot grasp the ends of.
In other words, the effectiveness of the DBS is that its a staff, but with out all the things that make a staff effective
>>
>>78639231
It's not a staff. An eighteen inch handle with a blade on each end that you cannot touch is not a staff. It's either a single ended sword with an 18 inch handle (which is awkward, but works) or it's a double ended weapon you can never swing more than 90 degrees except for huge flowering movements that leave you incredibly vulnerable. It's a powerfully impractical idea as seen by the fact that there has never, not EVER, been a weapon like that in the real world. If it worked the Chinese would have tried it, they tried every flavor of wacky gimmick weapon imaginable.

But they didn't. No one did. Stop trying to defend what is at its heart a weapon that is more dangerous to its user than it is to his enemies. Might as well give them light-nunchaku if you're searching for a cool but stupidly impractical weapon.
>>
>>78639542
>Might as well give them light-nunchaku
>somewhere, on some forgotten planet there the dismembered remains of Jedi that tried this
>>
>>78639542
you wanting to admit it as a staff style weapon or not is irrelevant. It is one since it uses staff motions for its strikes and guards.

>>78639532
it is a staff, but one that focuses on a limited number of moves, and only allows for normal and short holds. By the same token the larger single blade pikes (the DBS is apparently considered a pike as well, at least that's what the jedi call it) will be less effective at the closer multiple strikes that the DBS is focused on, since it uses a smaller blade and lacks a blade on both ends. Instead it more greatly favors the wide holds with thrusts and sweeps but now allows for better grappling.
>>
>>78639773
>It's totally a staff, only it doesn't actually do anything a staff does!

The lengths people go to to defend what is by design a ceremonial weapon not even intended to be practical are hilarious.

>But you use the same motions you would with a staff

Hell no. Have you ever even seen staff combat?
>>
>>78639123
>http://christianlind.com/is-star-wars-the-force-awakens-an-allegory-of-gamergate/

This article is the equivalent of a youtubepoop.
>>
>>78639892
it appears you'll never learn to read. I am sorry you're so triggered by DBS, anon. Perhaps star wars is not the fandom for you?
>>
>>78639773

A staff or pole weapon is by definition a weapon whose long handle can be gripped at any point. This allows it to be used to long range attacks and short range defense. The main advantage of a spear or polearm is reach, because you can hold it way down at the bottom to swing or thrust. The main advantage of a staff is versatility.

If you can't grab the staff, it's NOT A STAFF. Double ended lightsabers fail the sanity test. Turning on the second blade actually reduces your reach since any time you move one end of the hand away from yourself you automatically kill yourself with the cut-through-anything other blade.

If you actually watch the duel at the end of TPM you will see all the times Maul left himself completely open because of the impracticality of his double glowstick. Some things that sound cool in fact don't work, and this is a prime example.
>>
File: 1451441621421.jpg (74KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1451441621421.jpg
74KB, 1024x768px
Almost done with season one of Clone Wars.

When do the clones get outfitted with Phase 2 armor?
>>
File: Miraj_Anakin.jpg (16KB, 500x213px) Image search: [Google]
Miraj_Anakin.jpg
16KB, 500x213px
>>78637968
wew.
>>
File: clones.png (523KB, 1280x540px)
clones.png
523KB, 1280x540px
>>78639997
In Season 3 you see a bunch of them with phase 2 and some other with phase 1 armour.In Season 4 all of them have Phase 2 armour. Pic is from season 3.
>>
>>78639997
Season 3, the transition starts.

First only ARC Troopers get it I think, and then by Season 4, every trooper has Phase II.
>>
>>78639977
Again, it is a staff styled weapon that narrows the focus down to a small set of staff strikes and spins, using only two of the three different holds one can use for a staff, the normal and narrow holds. That is all it is. I really don't see any place where I'm defending anything, just explaining the mindset behind it. You're the one banging your head at the keyboard saying it's shit, I'm just saying what it is.

>If you actually watch the duel at the end of TPM
If you actually watch the duel at the end of TPM, or at any point in the PT, you will see all the times none of the characters ever actually attempted to hit any other with their weapons. If we take the choreography as canon for anything it seems that everyone is super adverse to ever hitting anyone. Any deaths by lightsaber in duels appears to be flukes.
>>
File: 1451447007002.jpg (49KB, 960x368px)
1451447007002.jpg
49KB, 960x368px
>>78640104
>>78640085
Cool

Season 1 has been pretty off and on so far. But I hear it picks up after the first season anyway.
>>
>>78640176
Yeah, it starts off very mixed. Some lame episodes, but some that show good things are coming. Stick with it, because as the show goes on, those good episodes becoming the majority.

It also has a huge budget increase in Season 3, where they update models, and generally just do a lot more impressive stuff.
>>
File: R2's Squad.png (1MB, 1280x816px) Image search: [Google]
R2's Squad.png
1MB, 1280x816px
Currently watching through Clone Wars after watching Rebels and loving it. Just been through the Citadel episodes and these three were great. Under-appreciated as fuck. Am I the only one who feels bad for B1's when they get slaughtered?

Also, what do people think about the Mortis thing?

>>78632161
This shit's amazing.
>>
>>78640235
I loved those droids. I honestly love the B1's in general, gave me a few hearty laughs during the show.

>Also, what do people think about the Mortis thing?
It's probably the most torn arc in the entire series. When discussed here, everyone either says it was retarded, or says it was amazing.

I love it just for this though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jPVUl693JU
>>
>>78640157
The difference is the other guy is right. The DBS is not a staff in the slightest. What you're doing is like comparing a hatchet to a dagger because you both grip them the same way and can make slashing movements with them.
>>
>>78632164
He is the third main character, he's the only other one with a name.
>>
>>78640157
If by "Narrows the focus" you mean "renders the 'staff' entirely impractical because of the ever present fear you will kill yourself," adding on "And you can't use most staff techiques with it because you can only grip a tiny portion of the thing", then sure. I'll give you that.
>>
File: anakins_future.png (472KB, 1280x543px)
anakins_future.png
472KB, 1280x543px
>>78640235
Mortis arc was crazy, but good. Star Wars is a fantasy universe, not a science fiction one, this stuff was ok. It was different and weird but still great.
>>
>>78640378
Don't give him anything. He's confused because he doesn't know ceremonial weapons are a thing and don't need to resemble any given weapon type per se. Their entire purpose is to look cool, which they more or less accomplish. Them being issued to temple guards makes it pretty fucking obvious that they're not intended for real combat.
>>
>>78632134
>>78632068
Why do you all hate tumblr so much.
>>
>>78637523
The Mofference was short, and had some actual, non-lethal, violence to keep the viewer interested. Also, the subject of a planet destroying battlestation is way more interesting than a fucking trade embargo
>>
>>78639977
>Turning on the second blade actually reduces your reach

What do we have to say to get you to understand a DBS is not a bout having reach.

Its about overwhelming your enemy. Defending about having multiple endings, increasing your defense, and giving you more kills per swing.
>>
>>78639542

We've seen light whips, light tonfa, darksabers, a saber with multiple crystals that extend to broadsword size, Exar Kun's staff that split into double sabers, and that one guy with multiple tiny sabers on gauntlets or some shit. Light nunchaku wouldn't be the most impractical you could suggest.
>>
I'm gonna cry when Ahsoka dies in Rebels.
>>
>>78640564
Except none of that actually works outside of choreographed fights with the weapon design at hand. Your hands are in the main focus of the engagement and you have nothing so much as resembling a wrist-guard. To swing it, you have to move your entire body every single time. Stabbing someone with it is tantamount to suicide and the weapon is much to slow and restricted in motion to effectively parry.
>>
File: AhsokaTano2.png (405KB, 718x548px) Image search: [Google]
AhsokaTano2.png
405KB, 718x548px
>>78640592
She will not die... t-tell me she will not die, anon.
>>
>>78635590
>Pretty amazing how the movies straight up ignored the moral implications of breeding a slave army.

Uhhhh... Sometimes inability of people to figure out messages of a movie primarily aimed at ten years old unless they are spelled out in plain text makes me lose faith in humanity.

The most obvious message here is that accepting use of a slave army did not result in anything good, hell, most of the Jedi saved by clones in the Geonosis arena ended up gunned down by clones. For a change, PT was showing, not saying here.

Another only slightly less obvious message is - you cannot protect your freedom with a slave army, or, taking a broader view, with a private army that is loyal only to their commander. The Galactic civilization is stupendously big, with a million worlds, and when an army raised on just one world starts playing a major role in a galactic civil war that is an indicator of corruption, decadence, and apathy going far deeper than just the Senate.
>>
>>78640473

Because it's full of people who are obsessed with claiming to advocate for social reform but actually just complain that the pop culture media they mindlessly consume isn't paying enough attention to the trendy social issue du jour.

As such, all they actually do is hollow virtue-signaling because it's trendy, and they form online lynch mobs to do it, harassing both public figures and ordinary citizens alike on tumblr and twitter because they've deluded themselves into thinking that they're saving the world by doing so.

They constantly pester artists and creators to alter their creations for purely ideological reasons, and they think that this makes them activists, but it actually just makes them whiny little shits.
>>
>>78640564
The fact that no such weapon - short handed with a long blade on each end - exists in all of human history proves it impractical. It's as simple as that. "The force will make it work" fails as a defense, since the Force will also make more practical weapons more effective as well.
>>
>>78640708
Would you rather her die and show up as a force ghost, or show up as a teaching aide in Luke's academy after ROTJ? I'd rather her die and never be heard from again.
>>
>>78640378
>>78640296
I would like to direct your apparently limited reading skills to
>>78640157
>>78639773
>>78639231
and, again, suggest not coming to a place that appears to so easily trigger you. Since neither of you can seem to make heads of tails of the English language, I'll be going now.
>>
>>78640722
You're missing the point. The point is this glaring issue was never addressed by characters who are shown to fight for the plucky underdog and the oppressed. Fuck, not even by the guy supposedly so traumatised by his "slavery" that he went postal in the end. Not one word from the guy who ragespergs about slavery before we even SEE clone troopers.

That's the issue. Not that people don't understand it went poorly and is a fuckstupid idea or "bad". That all is shown on a meta level. The in character communication of something that has been established as problematic for certain characters not even being addressed once is the issue.
>>
>>78640675
>Your hands are in the main focus of the engagement and you have nothing so much as resembling a wrist-guard

Wrist gaurds are useless against lightsabers, but your still wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdEO76klfrs

>To swing it, you have to move your entire body every single time

Yes which is why they train to keep their defenses up and keep moving

> Stabbing someone with it is tantamount to suicide and the weapon is much to slow and restricted in motion to effectively parry.

It's not a stabbing weapon is a slashing weapon you constantly move to over whelm your oppent

you don't know the difference between a useless weapon and a difficult weapon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z06G7YzN83c
>>
>>78640814
Nothing you say makes the DBS a staff, no matter how butthurt your ad hominems make YOU sound, buddy. Accept that you're wrong and don't let the door hit you on the way out. You won't be missed.
>>
>>78640789
I don't want her to die. But if she dies it needs to be in a heroic way, fighting to death against the empire, for the rebellion. If she survives, I want her to be with Luke in that planet he was.
>>
>>78640838
>you don't know the difference between a useless weapon and a difficult weapon

He said to HEMA...
>>
>>78640789
>end of Ep IX
>panning shot of reestablished Jedi council
>there's an old granny togruta on the far end
>>
>>78640789

If she manages to survive that long-big fucking if with Vader knowing she's alive-Who could play a live action Asoska? Especially one who would be close to sixty?
>>
>>78640883
Yes please.
>>
>>78640767
No one has said any thing about the force

And ignoring that the Japanese had a weapon similarly, fighting in real life is never any thing like fighting in movies and telvision, advanced acrobatics wont help you in realife cause no humans that fast physically or reactive time, the fact that characters can do so in fiction shows that their better then real life.

any way you've been shown and explained how and why the DBS works any thing else is autism
>>
>>78640818
Once again, it's a popcorn movie not meant to be any deeper than what you think. The Clones are a narrative device. You want a moral issue with using them? Watch TCW or read Karen's books.
>>
>>78640964
>Karen's books.
Can't do that cause she doesn't suck jedi dick so shes bad
>>
>>78640938
>you've been shown why the DBS works

We've been shown why it's an effective prop in a dance number. That's it. Weren't you going to leave, anyway?
>>
>>78640818
>Fuck, not even by the guy supposedly so traumatised by his "slavery" that he went postal in the end.

Anakin was never supposed to be traumatised by his slavery. Might have something to do with the fact that their living conditinos were better than the majority of the Earth's population has today and he thought that being forced into dangerous races is totally cool. Hell, he is not even visibly hostile towards Watto after returning to Tattoine. He hardly even thought about getting his mother out of slavery until he got a bad premonition.

Anakin's trauma is people close to him dying because of sheer bad luck, and in the second case specifically because he was too busy with his kickass Jedi adventures to remember about them.
>>
>>78640035
Literally the best possible gig and Annie fucked it up
goddamnit Annie
>>
>>78640994

Not that anon, but how do you feel about bladed three section staves?
>>
>>78640285
>>78640402
I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure whether I think it fits Star Wars.
>>
>>78640923
Ashley in makeup or mo-cap.
>>
>>78640994
Not the same guy sperg lord, and when your only response is "well i couldn't use that" you haven't really proven any thing.
>>
>>78640964
>>78640983
>Karen's books
Started out well enough. Then she went full Anne Rice. Don't remember exactly what happened, but after reading that shit I have developed a kind of Mandalore phobia.
>>
>>78641011
Didn't he have a few eps in TCW where he was fairly traumatized? The ones where they used their slave army to liberate other slaves.
>>
>>78641140
Really useful CQ weapon if you know how to use it. It handles absolutely nothing like other anon is saying a DBS is supposed to handle, though. You use it to fight up close and extremely dirty and amplify lever techniques to break bones. Fun stuff like that.
>>
>>78641193
Her and troy denning got into a feud, and cause troy supported the jedi, she got labled as a mary sue writer

even though her shit was miles better then any thing he wrote.
>>
File: anakin_kenobi_ahsoka.png (958KB, 1276x540px) Image search: [Google]
anakin_kenobi_ahsoka.png
958KB, 1276x540px
>>78641142
It was new and different. It was also made under Luca's supervision. I liked it.
>>
>>78641154
>I'm illiterate

Nobody said "I can't use that". Everybody said "it handles like shit. I'd rather fight barehanded".
>>
How would people react is Rey isn't a Solo and also isn't a Skywalker but instead was immaculately conceived by the force like Anakin.
>>
>>78640938
Show me this similar japanese weapon. And don't say "Staff". Show me the weapon that has a short handle in the middle and a long blade on either side. Because that wouldn't behave like a staff at all, no matter how many times you make that claim.

Don't say "Chinese hook sword." It has a dagger on the bottom, not a blade. Don't say "Madu". That is essentially a double ended short spear.

Go on, show me the real world equivalent of a double ended light saber like Maul's. I'll wait.
>>
>>78641291
No you said that. Your the only one with that shit opinion friend

also a direct quote from the eu on your bull shit

>In combat, your mind tries to keep track of each blade separately, effectively doubling the number of possibilities. But the two blades are connected: by knowing the location of one, you are automatically aware of the location of the other. In actual practice, the double-bladed lightsaber is more limited than the traditional lightsaber. It can do more damage, but it is less precise. It requires longer, sweeping movements that don't transition well into a quick stab or thrust. Because the weapon is difficult to master, however, few among the Jedi – or even the Sith – understand it. They don't know how to attack or defend effectively against it. That gives those of us who use it an advantage over most of our opponents."

Like you were told, It's not a weapon for amateurs, its is a weapon for masters, and its results speak for itself
>>
>>78641315
Probably lots of eye rolls. I want to see a new Star Wars movie, not the same tropes as the old movies in a misguided attempt to please the original fans. People are already mad enough that 7 is basically A New Hope
>>
>>78641371
>the now nuked EU is more valid than several millennia of empirically developed combat techniques

I bet you have "jedi" on your passport, too.
>>
>>78641315
Annoyed because the whole point of the chosen ONE is that there's only one. Only one person should appear out of the blue
>>
File: 1337671979701.gif (2MB, 193x135px) Image search: [Google]
1337671979701.gif
2MB, 193x135px
>>78641371
Eh.. So one of you is talking real world weapons physics, and the other is quoting the EU to refute him.
>>
>>78641371
>It can do more damage, but it is less precise.
This is bullshit. They're all laser swords, they all cut with the same power.
>>
When's the next kotor storytime? Or did that guy post the last issues already?
>>
>>78641315
>>78641395
If they do that, I want to see Mel Gibson direct "The Passion of the Rey".
>>
>>78641423
I never liked the concept of the Chosen One, anyway. I like to forget it ever happened, just like most of the PT.
>>
>>78641464
>I like to forget it ever happened, just like most of the PT.
*tips*
>>
>>78641240

All this talk of DBS has me curious how a electrostaff modified into one or a tri section staff with vibroblade or saber attachments would work as a unique weapon.
>>
>>78641147

Guess we'd need a stunt woman for fighting.
>>
>>78641507
You don't want to use a taser the same way you're using a three section staff unless you're wearing isolated clothing. The vibroblade or lightsaber attatchments would totally work, though.

Ideally, what you want is two staff bits that you actually grip and handle to be sturdy and have them connected by a bendable plasma field instead of chains, so that when you pinch a limb, you can just cut it off and when you need to block, you just pull it apart and have a big, long plasma string.
>>
>>78641352
One a madu totally counts

two, Nijato's came in double bladed variants.
>>
>>78641507
a three segmented staff? hard to say how it would work.
You could connect the segments with power couplings like we see on pod racers though, allowing you to fling them at will at opponents, and allowing you to also just connect the three pieces together to make normal electrostaff/pike/whatever the things are called

The problem is with the segmented staff, parts of the fighting style involve wrapping it around you at certain times, which makes turning weapons like it into lightsaber style things problematic at best.
>>
>>78641445
The point is his complaints where taken in mind, when people wrote about this weapon, complaints which have already been refuted
>>
>>78641656
Madu are onehanded and usually have a shield grafted to their grip to protect the hand, you dumbass.
>>
>>78641507
The more flexible the weapon, the harder it is to learn to use, especially if it has edges. You cannot afford even one mistake when most of the end sections of the three section staff are light sabers.

It's not impossible. Unlike the double glowstick, three section staffs were made and used, though they were never common. Adding light sabers to the mix would make for a hideously dangerous weapon both for the user and the opponent.
>>
>>78641603

Neat. Thanks for answering.
>>
>>78641656
A madu is effectively a buckler with a short spear running through it. It is a one handed weapon with a distinct central grip and no intention of staff-like use. In no way, shape, or form is it like a double ended light saber.

>>Nijato's came in double bladed variants.
[Citation needed]
>>
>>78641710
Yeah, basically why I said above that ideally if you were going for a flexable lightsaber thing, you'd want the much easier to control two bars instead of the proposed three. It's definitely something I would love to see (and find a lot more fitting than what he actually had) in the hands of one Darth Maul, admittedly.
>>
>>78641710
It would be useless against another light weapon

Which is honestly the same weaponless as a saber spear, To much Not/ Saber to hit rendering the weapon uslesss
>>
>>78641688
This argument started over whether or not is was a practical weapon in light of people complaining about practical fight choreography.
An explanation from the EU about it being a finesse weapon is beside the point.
>>
>>78641843
All you need is an energy field to protect the grip/your hands. You know, sensible shit star wars doesn't do but logically could.
>>
>>78641685
>>78641710

Would protective clothing help for the couplings and a vibroblade version? Or armor that redirects the current from the couplings when in contact offensively or defensively?
>>
>>78641843
Just make spear shaft out of some lightsaber resistant material.
>>
>>78641843
>he doesn't know that lightsaber pikes are made with saber resistant metal.
>>
>>78641874
Energy fields don't work like that in star wars.

Mixing it with organics is a bad idea.
>>
>>78641889
Yes, absolutely. It's a principle used with certain weapons and techniques IRL as well.
>>
>>78641895
I do know that but those metals are rare and not as effective as you seem to think they are
>>
>>78641843
Light spears would be excellent against sabers IF their handles were impossible to cut through. Spear beats sword unless the sword user has a shield. However, leaving aside the problem of how to make them light saber proof, they wouldn't be as good for blocking blaster shots because the geometry of the spear tip is awkward for close in defense, which is what blocking blaster bolts is.
>>
>>78641889
power couplings won't seriously damage you if you come between their contacts, just make you numb (as seen in TPM) so really any kind of insulating gear should work for that. I don't know what the vibroblade stuff is all about though.
>>
>>78641929
>>78641928
doesn't TR-8R's baton deflect Anakin's lightsaber, even when it's not in contact with the electrified, or whatever, portion? Is there a video of the fight?
>>
>>78641976
continuing the story
>>
>>78641929
>blocking blaster bolts
Just use your hand.
>>
File: Githany_EGF.jpg (405KB, 1140x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Githany_EGF.jpg
405KB, 1140x1500px
While we are talking about blades and whatnot. Lightwhips. How do they work? Do they function like lightsabers? Can they slice through things? Could someone with a lightwhip do what Qui Gon did and cut through a blast door. Can you deflect blaster bolts?
>>
>>78641993
I'm not a fan of the light tonfa since it devalues the light saber as a weapon. That being said, since Finn took a hit to the chest from the thing and didn't get sliced, you could probably make a staff out of it and just wear gloves. Or a spear with a TRAITOR hilt and light saber tip.
>>
>>78642014
I like to think that they're like the Threaded Cane in Bloodborne, segmented emitters that stretch when swung.
>>
>>78641993
it dose because it works on the same principal as the manga guards elctrostaves, are you suggesting you should grab one of those?
>>
>>78642014
Let's not talk about this "weapon". The only thing you can do with a light whip is fulfill the S&M fantasies of sweaty nerds.
>>
>>78642014
I kind of explain them away as smart weapons otherwise you're pretty much in camp kill yourself territory with those.
>>
>>78641929
Every saber variant has drawbacks
>>
>>78642043
It wasn't a lightsaber weapon though, it was like the staffs that Grevious' guard bots had.

But I'm sure that during the fight I saw the lightsaber hit, and be deflected, by a portion of the baton closer to the trooper's hand than the powered portion was.
>>78642056
I think you need to learn how to read. I'm saying I'm sure I saw the lightsaber get deflected off of the non-powered section of the baton.
>>
>>78642127
Maybe in 30 years of development in melee weapons and materials, they've finally found some shit that no longer makes lightsabers the mary sue of can openers?
>>
>>78642127
I doubt it, and if you did its just further proof JJ cant direct a fight scene for shit (if Star trek didn't clue you in on that)
>>
>>78642006
THANK YOU BASED TITAN
>>
>>78642050
>>78642014
if you don't know what it's like, by the way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8xBhsnJ6BA#t=1m0s
>>
>>78641968
>>78641925

Thanks. Gonna head over to /tg/ to see if it's possible to use in the rpg with some tweaking.
>>
>>78642013
Made me laugh. +1 internet for you.
>>
>>78642160
you seem very angry at the movie, anon.
>>
>>78642173
Good luck, anon. I'd allow it in my star wars game. I like it when my players get creative.
>>
The movies don't make a moral fuss about the slave army because they might as well be droids in the movies. Only in TCW are they fleshed out as people.
>>
>>78642169
I quite like that idea, but it's such an impractical weapon. The lightwhip anyway. Just begging for someone to slice their own foot off by accident
>>
>>78642237
It'd be terrifying as a fully prehensile, mutable plasma field with a droid brain inside and an auto-target system where the user just goes "kill this".
>>
>>78642237
then it's a good thing that only force users would dare to use a thing, and force users are never killed by their own weapons.

I was just trying to think of mechanically how it would work. The general idea for the lightsabers, last I checked, was that the "blade" is made and held in place by an intence magnetic field. (the plasma is attracted to the field, and the field acts like normal and wraps over itself, coming back to the handle) but that wouldn't really work for the whip.

Instead having a number of smaller emitters that are connected together by some kind of stretching material or mechanism (I'd like to think it would be like those stretchy metal watch bands) would work better. When the emitters are close together, their magnetic fields would jump from one to another, allowing for a more whip like look, and when stretched further, each emitter would act as it's own small blade and cut that way.

there's little chance of any kind of whip around as well, since the mechanism that stretches would retract quickly enough and strong enough that the "tail" wouldn't be able to overshoot. Also I guess you could "lock" the thing together and use it as a normal saber, or dagger, depending on the size.
>>
>>78633438
Shame we didn't really see the night of Poe's conception on Endor, we could suspect Ewok womb infiltrators who snuck in during the Rebel post-victory orgy.
>>
>>78642221
>they might as well be droids in the movies
Yeah, and that's the whole problem, mate. That they're treated like droids when they're obviously fully sentient human beings.
>>
>>78642378
It doesn't matter how much effort the character puts into his resurrection, the fact that the writers couldn't come up with a better idea than to bring back a dead villain multiple times is just laziness.
>>
>>78642758
I think you've confused your Star Wars threads, anon.
>>
>>78642374

Christ, it's the Silverfish from terminator on crack.
>>
So, was the removal of the Jedi Order a good thing? Because the more I hear about the shit they did, the more they seem like a terrible authority
>>
>>78643321
>So, was the removal of the Jedi Order a good thing?
Do you mean Vader and the troopers murdering them all, or something else?
>>
>>78643321
Sort of. They were clearly fucking up and too set in their ways, though it seemed like they were starting to realize their mistakes but by then it was too late. If they had survived the events of ROTS, the whole thing would've been a huge wakeup call. If Mace had succeeded in killing Palpatine, the Jedi would probably be in a sticky situation with the senate and having to justify what happened, and hopefully would've made them re-evaluate their old stance of being the senate's bitch.
>>
>>78638455
>spin off movie
I'm laughing
>>
>>78642537
No, you missed the point. It's not that they act human but aren't treated like humans in the movies. In the movies they act like droids. There isn't a single humanizing moment for them at all in either aotc or rots.
>>
>>78643412
The entire order would've probably gone through a massive rehaul of principles and regulations if they survived the events of RotS
>>
>>78643321
Getting rid of the order was good. But killing all the jedi was bad. Understand?
>>
File: Anakin Skywalker.gif (874KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Anakin Skywalker.gif
874KB, 500x500px
>>78640789
>>78640883
>mfw Hayden Christensen won't return for Episodes VII and IX
>mfw Anakin won't return as a Force Ghost who has an emotional 1-to-1 with his son.
>mfw A George Lucs-free film wouold be the perfect opportunity to redeem Hayden
>mfw Ghost Anakin won't train Rey along with Luke.
>mfw Liam Neeson doesn't return as Ghost Qui-Gon
>mfw Mace Windu isn't revealed to have survived and turned into a cyborg Mandalorian.

Just end it now my friends.

Does Christensen even want to come back? After the collective (and unfair) vitriol people have for him?
>>
Anyone have an upload of this?
>>
>>78643676
He says he doesn't want to do major movies anymore, but I think they could probably talk him into coming back for a bit part. Surprisingly he hasn't expressed a whole lot of bitterness over the reaction he got.
>>
>>78643806
>He says he doesn't want to do major movies anymore
correction no one wants to hire him
>>
File: Kylo and Anakin.jpg (317KB, 1280x960px)
Kylo and Anakin.jpg
317KB, 1280x960px
>>78643778
I wish the Prequels focused more on Obi-Wan and Anakin's relationship.

That and more banter between the two, like at the beginning of RotS. Just to show that they're not like the rest of the Jedi, which are painfully dull and lifeless.

>>78643806
A part of me hopes that the writers have something in mind with Anakin. He's my favorite Star Wars character, mainly because Destiny ruined his life before he was even born. That and the fact that he wipes the slate clean for the entire galaxy, both Jedi and Sith.
>>
>>78643806
>He says he doesn't want to do major movies anymore
He underestimates his power
>>
>>78643892
>rest of the Jedi, which are painfully dull and lifeless
Huh?
>>
>>78643851
Possibly, though he still did get a few leading roles even after the prequels.
>>
>>78643927
the Jedi forbid wordly attachment, so that makes them too boring for anon to self-insert
>>
>>78643892
>my grandson became a fat neckbeard Sithaboo
>>
File: ani__0.png (1014KB, 1661x780px)
ani__0.png
1014KB, 1661x780px
Reminder that the director of Episode VIII is an avid prequel fan

Reminder that Haden has been rumored to be working on episode VIII

Reminder that Vader/Anakin was planned for Episode VII but cut. (Picture related).

My hopes are pretty high.
>>
>>78644043
>Reminder that the director of Episode VIII is an avid prequel fan
He needs to be fired immediately
>>
>>78633888
This is possibly worse than what we already have.
>>
>>78644043
>That Luke
Damn it, even in the concept art he looks evil
>>
File: CA$H MONEY, NIGGA!.jpg (141KB, 679x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CA$H MONEY, NIGGA!.jpg
141KB, 679x1024px
C.R.E.A.M.
>$88.3 million this weekend
>$740.3 million domestic
>$1.51 billion worldwide
>will become the highest-grossing film of all time domestically by Wednesday

The money will not stop flowing in, pham.
>>
You've been hired to write the next Star Wars Anthology film!
However, as dictated by the Board Of Shadowy Figures and their nefarious Poorly Realized Interest Predictions (TM) your film must be either a musical or heavily music-related. Hit me with your best pitch, brothers.
>>
>>78643983
they all bombed and was horrible
>>
>>78644043
He literally only said there was "something beautiful" about them when pressed to give his opinion on them and I guarantee you its in his contract not to offer any negative opinions on the franchise to the press.
>>
>>78644075
Most "if I had written the prequels!" summaries tend to be.
>>
>>78644164
That'd be weird if Johnson had such a stipulation, because Abrams apparently had none. He's been pretty vocal about his dislike for the prequels and how he was deliberately distancing TFA from them.
>>
>>78643927
Instead of cool samurai warriors we got creepy monks.
>>
>>78644164
Given how much of The Force Awakens' press involved "it's not like the prequels!" and Abrams has been pretty honest about not liking them, I think the director of 8 having something in his contract preventing him from criticizing anything in the franchise is really unlikely.
>>
>>78644261
I feel like all the people who say this must have been asleep during all the Dagobah scenes in ESB.
>>
>>78644220
Give me one quote where he gave a firm opinion on his distaste for the prequels. At best you'll find some offhand joke responses to questions about jar jar and midi chlorians.
>>
>>78644123
>>$88.3 million this weekend
Are you serious? Shit man, that's some staying power. It hasn't even been a month yet.
>>
>>78643676
I hope so. What's he been in, apart from Nic Cage movies?
>>
>>78644302
What the scenes where Yoda had an actual personality instead of being weirdly obtuse and ineffectual.
>>
>>78644350
Yeah, it's already trumped Titanic, something only Avatar has been able to do, and it's set to beat Avatar really soon.

At least in domestic gross. It's still a long way from beating Avatar's worldwide gross, but if any movie can do it it's this one.
>>
>>78644354
jumper. the movie with all the black guys who were criminals, and a couple of low budget movies. He also tried to sue the USA network claiming they stole his idea and made it into royal pains.
>>
>>78644311
>>78644220
yeah, JJ gets evasive when asked. What he said before he was involved would be more telling
>>
>>78644302
Can't blame them to be nonest
>>
>>78644403
>instead of being weirdly obtuse and ineffectual

Yoda in ESB:

>weirdly obtuse in his teaching methods
>ineffectual in his attempts to reach Luke and prevent him from running

Apparently you missed the point even harder than Luke.
>>
File: Jedi_Council_RotS.png (2MB, 1919x816px) Image search: [Google]
Jedi_Council_RotS.png
2MB, 1919x816px
>>78643927
One thing I actually liked about the Prequels, is how dull and lifeless they are. I'm not one of those people who need everything to be overly emotional. Contextually speaking, why the fuck would the Jedi NOT be overly calm and mellow?

>>78644403
Yoda is exactly the same across all 6 movies, the typical wise master.
>>
>>78644525
>dull and lifeless they are
But they're not. They are wise and powerful Jedi masters having a council together. Board meetings can be pretty boring to be in. But on the frontlines and when training apprentices, they show they have emotion. See TCW for specific details.
>>
>>78644478
>>78644525
Yoda has actual personality in ESB he's funny gets angry, is eccentric, weird and wise. In the prequels he's just sort of wise and bland. And I know you'll say it was his exile that changed his character but I know which version I found more interesting to watch.
>>
File: Palpatine mfw.jpg (17KB, 541x559px) Image search: [Google]
Palpatine mfw.jpg
17KB, 541x559px
>>78644043
It's actually happening.
Anakin is coming back to rekt Snoke's shit.
>mfw Jedi Clones
>mfw Sheev Clones
>mfw Snoke is revealed to be Plagueis
>mfw Sheev returns via clones.
>mfw Episode VII and IX are Dark Empire with a twist.
>>
>>78644689
>Yoda has actual personality in ESB he's funny gets angry, is eccentric, weird and wise

You do realize the whole point of that routine is to make an impression on Luke, right? He drops it after Luke realizes that he's being played.
>>
>>78644706
I think I would rather die than introduce clones of main characters into the new canon
>>
>>78644765
He still makes jokes and gets frustrated in the rest of the film. PT Yoda just stands sits about looking confused most of the time.
>>
File: Clash_of_Titans.png (809KB, 1115x816px)
Clash_of_Titans.png
809KB, 1115x816px
>>78644689
Why would we argue against a man with his mind made up?

It's almost as if you're right - that the fall of the entire fucking Jedi Order and Galactic Republic changed him.

I personally like the end of his confrontation in RotS, the brief moment when Yoda realizes that he fucked up in not stopping Palpatine.

In the OT, the dumb act is the only interesting flair to Yoda's character. The rest is simple wisdom and advice, which is fine.
>>
>>78644851
>liking anything from the prequels
I bet you like the Transformers movies too
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 750x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 750x375px
>Racists get pissed off that there's a black character in a Star Wars
>The character isn't even the lead
Its like being pissed that Rhodey is in an Iron Man movie or that Sam is in a Captain America movie.
>>
>>78644834
>He still makes jokes and gets frustrated in the rest of the film

....No he doesn't?

He spends the rest of his time trying to advise Luke, and being disappointed when Luke decides to forgo his training and leave for Cloud City. Yoda doesn't make a single joke in the movie.

I think you're trying to find reasons to hate Yoda's portrayal in the Prequels man.
>>
>>78644949
Yep, a toned down Jar Jar.
>>
File: DotF_TPM.png (3MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DotF_TPM.png
3MB, 1600x1200px
>>78644946
>Not liking anything from the prequels
I suppose you think the Musical Score from the Prequels was shit.
Unless you're actually stupid enough to think that "Duel of the Fates" is bad?
>>
File: RogueOne_01.jpg (190KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RogueOne_01.jpg
190KB, 1200x1600px
I really hope we get some news for this soon. Now that TFA is been out for awhile It'll be good for the spotlight to shift focus.
>>
>>78644949
They weren't marketed as being the Tony or Cap of their movies, like Finn was.
>>
>>78644834
Now you're just making stuff up.
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 160x149px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 160x149px
>>78644949
When you think about it the racists won.
>Finn isn't a jedi
>He's not the hero
>He's literally ta comiedic black sidekick
>He might not even get with Rey
>>
>>78644946
I do
>>
>>78644957
900 years you reach in Jedi. Moving goalposts blah blah blah. I genuinely just fell a stronger connection to the character in the OT. Plus I'd rank prequel Obi-Wan over Old Ben who I never really cared that much about.
>>
>>78645050
Anyone with a brain could see that Finn being the MC and a Jedi was a red herring. Seriously, there's always a twist with Star Wars.

He's a good, somewhat believable character. He reinforces the general aesthetic about Star Wars that people prefer - the run down, gritty aesthetics of a world seeing the aftermath of the Clone Wars and The Galactic Empire.

>>78645079
I don't think people will ever truly be prepared for a Black Jedi Lead.
>>
>>78645200
>Anyone with a brain could see that Finn being the MC and a Jedi was a red herring. Seriously, there's always a twist with Star Wars.
And yet it was marketed towards blacks and OTfags who only care about muh OT and muh representation; women too with Phasma and Rey while only one got actual, good screen time.
>>
File: The Force Awakens.png (454KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
The Force Awakens.png
454KB, 600x900px
>>78645272
Not really. Finn's character wasn't designed with race casting in mind. Rey being the MC as feminism has more to do with JJ as a person.

The vast majority of people who were going to see the movie are "muh OT". I like all 7 movies, but I understand why people find the Prequels so jarring, it's pathetic to keep finding opportunities to shit on them, but what can you do?

People wanted "that old Star Wars feel", and that's exactly what you got. An almost complete rehash of A New Hope, but nobody complains about that.

The "Progressive" aspect of Star Wars isn't a big deal, because I'm pretty sure that an entire galaxy full of people will have minorities and women in them - I could be wrong though.
>>
File: image.jpg (205KB, 3000x1688px)
image.jpg
205KB, 3000x1688px
>>78644067
>>78644946
Simply ebin
>>
>>78645368
>Finn's character wasn't designed with race casting in mind
Yeah you can really tell by his actions. Of Finn was female feminists would be pissed of how the character was sidelined. Also what was the point of Disney buying a franchise for boys to get the attention of boys then making the MC female.
>>
>>78641423
I think that the idea that Rey is the reincarnation of Anakin works, thought. Still ONE
>>
File: 1448882182372.png (71KB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
1448882182372.png
71KB, 426x426px
>>78645485
>Making Darth Vader into a teenage girl that will submit to the force off the BBC
Fund it
>>
>>78641603
>>78641685
>>78641710

This sounds awesome. If the staff sections are just lightsaber resistant (resistant material or electo-guarded with the wielder wearing some special gloves) and slicing plasma chains would let them do stuff like catch a lightsaber by the blade and yank it.
>>
>>78645468
Men generally like women. And in Star Wars you don't need to write a compelling character. So let her do awesome things and here we are.
>>
File: Star Wars The Old Republic.jpg (232KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars The Old Republic.jpg
232KB, 1920x1080px
>>78645468
They're just changing up the formula a bit. Heaven knows the franchise needs it. It's the same shit again and again, and Disney will keep churning out the same shit because you people want it.

You want something really different? why not make a movie about the Old Republic, a setting with a completely different contextual nature.
>The Jedi exist, but aren't complacent as they're actually fighting the Sith.
>The Sith themselves are numerous in scale with some semblance of structure contrary to popular belief.
>Bounty Hunters and Mandalorians are thriving.
>The overall scale of supernatural and political/factional threats are greater.
>The exact same galaxy, but in a completely different state.

But no, everyone just wants more and more of the OT, because that's what everybody's familiar with. More Millennium Falcon and Han Solo and Luke and Vader, etc. even though their story arcs finished in the OT, and there was literally no need to bring any of them back (outside of potentially Luke) only because of the nostalgia factor.
>>
>>78644043
>Reminder that the director of Episode VIII is an avid prequel fan
epic meme bro
>>
>>78645653
I feel you man, but there's nothing we can do
>>
>>78645653
I'd rather have a Netflix series desu.

And make the focus more on the political drama than on the action.
>>
>>78645653
It's funny since they mention the Old Republic all the time yet there isn't a high budget series for it
I personally like the EU books set in the Old Republic more than the books set after ANH and beyond
>>
>>78645653
I don't doubt you'll get something like that at some point in the future. TFA was absolutely necessary in winning back a lot of jaded fans and to give the public a fun nostalgic ride. The back to basics approach has completely reignited the franchise by connecting to what made most people fall in love with it in the first place. And its given it a new global audience and the opportunity to go in different directions both with the rest of the new trilogy and especially with the anthology films. I mean a LOTR style Old Republic film would do gangbusters at the box office and Disney will have to try new things to keep the brand invigorated. Especially if they plan to release a new film every year.
>>
Did anyone feel the force awakens was a meh movie? It felt very bland but I have no idea why. I acknowledge that it was a basically a reboot of a new hope, but I cant figure out why it wasnt exciting? Any bros feel the same?

im asking you guys since I cant tell if a person is memeing or trying to argue something on /tv/ anymore
>>
>>78645186
>I genuinely just fell a stronger connection to the character in the OT

I doubt anybody would disagree with you, but you don't need to make shit up to express your opinion.
>>
>>78646123
It was fine. Can't say much about it.
>>
>>78646218
I didn't but okay dude.
>>
>>78646080
I'm willing to accept that TFA had to play the nostalgia card hard and fast in order to make the kind of profit that justified buying the franchise (Iger reminded Kennedy and Abrams that this is pretty much a $4 billion movie), but I hope this means that now that they've got the audience and gotten the old school fans hooked that Episodes 8 and 9 are willing to be more creative.
>>
>>78645028
Doesn't it annoy people that Star Wars is now no different to the MCU?
>>
>>78645368
TFA is not Star Wars, it's a JJTrek/generic Marvel superhero movie wearing the skin of Star Wars.
>>
>>78646416
It annoys me but I can always not pay and not care for the new Disney shit.
>>
File: 1450576641113.jpg (28KB, 938x528px) Image search: [Google]
1450576641113.jpg
28KB, 938x528px
Is it me or do Finn and Rey feel like two halves of one whole. I doubt mean this as a shipper. I genuinely mean that they both feel like one character split into two. Rey embodies the heroics aspects meanwhile Finn has all of the flaws. They both feel kind of unbalanced Rey is too much of a Mary Sue and Finn is too much of a bumbling sidekick.
>>
>>78646123
I liked it, I didn't think it was the best thing ever made but it wasn't horrible. The movie is entertaining but it's too obvious that they're playing it safe and it doesn't really add much to the universe.

I think that's the thing about the movie, taken on its own merits as a two-hour movie, it's a good movie. Taken as a part of a long-standing franchise with the job of setting up a new trilogy and a new chapter in the saga, it's kind of lacking.
>>
>Han and Leia have a kid who goes to the Dark Side
>Rey will most likely be his twin sister
>Han gets killed by his kid
>Cross-guard lightsabers
So why did Disney declare the EU non-canon if they were going to rip of literally the entire movie from it?
>>
>>78646464
>Marvel superhero movie wearing the skin of Star Wars.
What? Wouldn't that be GOTG?
>>
>>78646530
Bragging rights? The right to say 'our vision is the only thing that counts, and anything similar to it, be it from the past or the future, is purely coincidental'?
>>
>>78646359
Yeah, you did. Yoda is better in ESB because of the point of his character is more focused, not because of his funny personality, which is a simple ruse that he quickly gives up. Said ruse helps enhance the character undoubtedly, but it's only a partial aspect of why ESB's portrayal is so damn good.
>>
>>78645653
To be honest, I wouldn't mind a movie or a series following a SWTOR storyline.
>>
>>78646530
>>78646575
Because the EU was so dense they couldn't slot a new story anywhere in that post-Jedi timeline without losing the normies that would have to read 400 books to get what's going on.
>>
>>78645186
>Moving goalposts
0/10.
You gave it away too early

>>78646218
Stop responding to bait
>>
>>78646534
Maybe, if TFA was anywhere near as good and fun to watch.
>>
>>78646637
Normies don't read the books, so it wouldn't matter.
>>
>>78646502
I agree that Rey felt a little too Sue-ish for being able to disocver her powers and use them in a meaningful way with zero training or knowledge of the Jedi. Finn actually felt on-point for the most part. If I interpretted the movie correctly, he was pretty much a janitor who was conscripted into active servie, then freaked the hell out when he saw what that actually meant. He's scared shitless being a cannon fodder mook surrounded by war heroes, stronger mooks, and space wizards, but is still willing to fight despite that. He'll get better and probably be the more interesting character to follow as the story goes on.
>>
so who is your favourite sith lord, /swr/?

canon or legends.

for me, it's the empire's wrath/the outlander.

I love an honourable villain.
>>
>>78645601

This conversation has inspired me to make up new weapons or weaponize mundane tech Evil Dead style for a rpg. Stuff like amping up the numbing effect of Power Converter chains and seeing what it would do something caught in a security grid made of them.
>>
File: DarthTenebrous-SWI130.jpg (1MB, 1280x1766px) Image search: [Google]
DarthTenebrous-SWI130.jpg
1MB, 1280x1766px
>>78646742
This fine gentleman
>>
>>78646765
he was plagueis' master, right? what did he do other than look like a baller?
>>
>>78646731

He was a stormtrooper that just did sanitation duty while stationed on Starkilker, not a janitor.
>>
>>78646796
Now when you say "baller"...
>>
>>78646808
he looks cool.
>>
>>78646742
You went LS SW, huh?
>>
>>78646799
Supposedly (as in people said it was in the non-movie material) all Stormtroopers work their way up through medial labor.

Nearest I can figure it's like wanting to be a knight but you start out as a squire mucking out the horse stables and polishing armor. And probably knobs too.

Might be in the Before the Awakening book or the visual dictionary, but I haven't read either.
>>
>>78646765
A bith sith?
>>
>>78646860
of course.
>>
>>78646835
Ah right. He does sort of have a scrotum head, though.
>>
>>78646886
Smart. LS SW a best
>>
>>78646916
LS SW is the best writing in all of TOR. karpyshyn gets what a sith lord can be beyond all the pointless edge.
>>
>>78646878
It's not so much that they work their way up, but every stormtrooper trainee still gets assigned to a variety of shit jobs as part of their training. Sanitation, maintenance, mess duty, etc.
>>
Do you think they're gonna introduce a new "light side" power in the sequel trilogy? Or perhaps rehash powers from the vidya and EU? Or do you think they'll keep making new darkside powers?
>>
>>78646956
What new DS Powers were in TFA? Everything seemed to be the same as usual.
>>
>>78646645
You're my least favorite poster.
>>
>>78646950
I'm surprised they didn't reassign him to that. Like the Stormtrooper equivalent of being stuck peeling potatoes. Then again the movie never explained what "reconditioning" meant though I figured it was another round of propaganda and desensitization to doing skeezy shit and setting villagers on fire.
>>
>>78646987
force mindreading, incredibly amplified force stasis--I don't think I've ever seen anyone able to stop blaster bolts mid-air.
>>
>>78646987
The only legit new one was stopping the laser blast, though that's arguably just a really specialize form of telekinesis. All of the other stuff we see Kylo do has appeared in some form or another before.
>>
>>78646987
I guess the interrogation power, but Rey used it too? I guess I would re-phrase my question as, what new force power(if any) do you think they'll introduce? We've already got bolt stopping and the "look into their mind" power.
>>
File: 1447719982185.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1447719982185.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
>>78646742
You betrayed your god, but he'll forgive you if you kneel.
>>
>>78646987
Not much. We've never seen anyone holding a blaster bolt in midair in any of the movies, or "freezing" a person, but those, especially the latter, make sense. Most telekinetic neck chokes don't flat out immobilize people, leaving them free to flounder in midair and grab helplessly at their throats. Blaster bolts, well, that is impressive. He only ever used it once and didn't really do anything interesting with it, though. Nothing like redirecting shots with just his will and the Force, something that without a lightsaber would have been damned impressive (and possibly something Vader did in ESB on Cloud City, though people argue it).

The mental interrogation thing isn't really all that new. The Inquisitor was trying something like that on Kanan, though on a much more primitive level. Causing pain, inflicting negative emotions. In TCWs several Jedi combined forces to interrogate Cad Bane, though it was more a series of mind tricks that forced him to talk. Considered dangerous to the individual they were doing it on. Not quite like poking around in peoples heads and finding secrets, but not so different that it is an issue.
>>
>>78647043
>the "look into their mind" power.
Vader did it briefly in ROTJ, when he realizes Luke is worried about his sister. The Jedi Council also mindreads Anakin when he's taken to them to be tested.

Granted, Kylo takes it to another level but the principal is the same.
>>
>>78647027
>force mindreading
Nah, was just using the Mind Trick in an offensive way, and we've actually seen it before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xUHQDQZ6E4

>incredibly amplified force stasis--I don't think I've ever seen anyone able to stop blaster bolts mid-air.
Yeah, the Force Freezeing(?) is definitely new.
>>
>>78647043
It was more like Rey used Kylo Ren's link. When she tried a mental link on her own it was the more common "mind trick" type. Really the only thing Kylo Ren's version did different was he could find secrets without making people tell him.
>>
File: Darth Zannah nucanon.jpg (95KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Darth Zannah nucanon.jpg
95KB, 1080x720px
>>78646742
Bane in Legends, Sheev in canon. I hope I can someday put Bane back on his old pedestal, just redecorated all ancient wuxia and shit.
>>
>>78647092
fuck off, cunt. I'mma hit on your wife.
>>
>>78647027
>>78647034
>>78647043
Eh, the Interrogation thing feels like the Dark Side version of the Mind Trick, considering how the Sith are never seen using it. It makes sense that the DS variant would be more aggressive.

Laser Bolts are physical things, similar to the Plasma of a Lightsaber. Kylo was just using Telekinesis.
>>
>>78647154
>Yeah, the Force Freezeing(?) is definitely new.
Not really, though generally that kind of Force power is throwing someone against a wall and "binding" them there. Almost like they're being subjected to extreme G of a rocket boost. Kylo Ren's version just seized the person where they stood without the dramatics of throwing them against anything. I'm pretty sure we've seen people pinned to the ground (kneeling?) and the ceiling.
>>
>>78646123
I loved it. Didn't have so much fun in a theatre for years. It has some minor flaws and you won't find a safer movie than TFA, but the characters are all pretty cool and it is definitely the funniest movie in the saga.
>>
>>78646956
Maybe we'll get some light saber stopping techniques.
>>
>>78647283
Off the top of my head, Sidious pinned Maul and Savage to the window in TCW
>>
>>78647261
I actually suspect that the blaster freezing came from Luke: I'd love to see him respond to stormtroopers by casually waving his hand, making blasterbolts freeze in the barrel and making them explode.
>>
>>78647247
That's not Senya.
>>
>>78647261
The Dark Side version of the Mind Trick is worse. It's fucking terrifying. Sheev uses it towards the end of Lords of the Sith novel. It's like "Force Enthrall" where he makes this little twi'lek girl bound to his will. She'd say anything and do anything commanded, betray others, and even let them kill her all while acting like nothing was wrong.

Someone is going to make a dirty comment about that, but in the book it as pretty messed up. Making Vader decide whether she should die or not, instead they make her lead them to her tribe and then in the end Vader is ordered to murder then all anyway.
>>
>>78647261
>considering how the Sith are never seen using it

>Give yourself to the Dark Side. It is the only way you can save your friends. Yes, your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong. Especially for... sister. So, you have a twin sister. Your feelings have now betrayed her, too. Obi-Wan was wise to hide her from me. Now his failure is complete. If you will not turn to the Dark Side... then perhaps she will...
>>
>>78647342
Oh shit, forget that. Why did nobody remember Vader pinning Ezra to a wall and then manipulating the kid's hand so Ezra's saber almost cut into his own throat? That was one of those "goddamn" moments when we first saw it at Celebration.
>>
>was 12 when this came out
>just like episode 2, I didnt like it
but then again I never finished it. is it worth going back and revisiting or is it actually garbage?
>>
TFA just beat Avatar today holy shit
>>
File: 2015-12-24_00129.jpg (206KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-24_00129.jpg
206KB, 1920x1080px
>>78646742
My wrath i better
>>
>>78647443
Its amazing, it connects with EpIII. That Tv show is what got into Star wars
>>
>>78647443
the animation (foregrounds) are fantastic
the clone troopers are great
general grievous is terrifying
anakin's duel with ventress is incredible.

other than that, it's pretty shitty.

>>78647388
yeah, forgot to get her out.
>>78647474
#opinions. you're at least light side, right?
>>
There was another force power established in the new movie, besides Kylo's freezing techniques: The lightsaber forceback. Actually, a lightsaber choosing it's own wielder is another new concept, as is the seductive nature of the light side.
>>
>>78647440
I'm not sure that's precisely the same thing, though the way it is presented Vader does seem to be reading it from Luke. Your feelings betray and all that, but that is suggestive without being entirely indicative.

It's just a minor enough point, really. Not trying to argue. I mention it because earlier in the movie Luke senses that Leia is his sister using, presumably, sheer insight through the Force, as opposed to, I guess, reading the mind of Ghost Obi-Wan. The "feelings" could mean Luke following his hope to redeem Vader has lead to them discovering it, or the fact that she's on the moon below, as opposed to Vader reading Luke's mind. It can go either way.

At any rate Kylo's mind reading isn't entirely unlike other powers we've seen through the Force anyway, though his application is.
>>
>>78647443
I'd never say it's objectively trash. Even after all these years, it's visually stunning, and a testament to Genndy's artistic messiahtude. It made the best of a small lineup of really short episodes, and despite cranking the power levels of every Jedi to dragonball z levels, the action was always engaging and tense for me. For the three hours alone it takes to complete the entire series, I definitely think it's worth it.
>>
>>78647474
>Overused edgelord outfit
You're Wrath is the Wrath of bad taste
>>
>>78646999
>anonymous imagine boards are popularity contests

Fuck an apple pie bitch
>>
>>78647443
It's good, but it's like 2 hours of fighting and explosions. Almost no story.
>>
>>78647446
Today? I thought it would beat it domestically by this coming Thursday.
>>
File: 2016-01-03_00156.jpg (200KB, 1920x1080px)
2016-01-03_00156.jpg
200KB, 1920x1080px
>>78647526
I will server my emperor to his or my own death.
>>
>>78647648
>Sith Tentacleface
[Judging Intensifies]
>>
>>78647559
>a lightsaber choosing it's own wielder is another new concept
Lightsaber crystals have been picking their owners for a while now. That's what I'm going to assume was calling out to Rey, not the actual mechanical lightsaber itself.
>>
So how good is rebels really? I just finished Clone Wars and I have a need for more Ahsoka
>>
>>78647559
>Actually, a lightsaber choosing it's own wielder is another new concept, as is the seductive nature of the light side.
Yeah, the lightsaber choosing its owner is new. I don't think the seductive nature of the light side is an actual Force thing so much as it is Kylo's way of describing his own self-doubt and lingering emotional attachment to his family.
>>
Hey guys, the pastebin is dead.
>>
File: 2015-10-22_00190.jpg (213KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-22_00190.jpg
213KB, 1920x1080px
>>78647592
that was his rishi disguise that gold mas tho

This is his casual outfit.
>>
>>78647559
The lightsaber was different, though we know that the kyber crystals call out to Jedi when being discovered on, for instance, Ilum. There's some kind of expression through the Force. A lightsaber crystal could still call to Rey and any object or location can be imbued with Force. Leia felt Maul's presence just by standing where he was at the doors to the Naboo hanger. Psychic imprints and all that.

I think we're still debating whether the saber actually redirected itself to Rey or if she is the one who Force pulled it. Unusual without training (or little training) but Force pulls and pushes by instinct aren't uncommon, especially during moments of heightened emotion. Ezra saving Zeb, Savage Opress lifting a shit ton of weights while being tortured by with Dooku's lightning. Hell, Savage was being attacked by dozens of droids and through sheer anger and frustration managed an area of effect Force push around himself that was straight out of The Force Awakens.
>>
>>78644136
Show the rise and fall of the Jizz-wailers what else is there to think of?
>>
>>78647689
>Lightsaber crystals have been picking their owners for a while now.
True, but that's when they're fresh and then become attuned to the person they were meant for. One that's already active and placed into a lightsaber calling out to someone is technically new, though it does seem to be just a different iteration of the same idea.
>>
>>78647709
>I have a need for more Ahsoka
She hasn't aged well anon, but otherwise Rebels isn't that bad. I was fully expecting Disney kiddy shit, but other than a few side characters, its good.
>>
File: 2016-01-01_00039.jpg (208KB, 1920x1080px)
2016-01-01_00039.jpg
208KB, 1920x1080px
>>78647674
thats why he wears the mask. You are unworthy to look upon his Pure-blooded flesh
>>
>>78647648
>voluntarily serving the guy who saw you as little more than a piece of trash that could serve him
baras died for pulling that shit.

>>78647727
>>78647817

>using darth Nox's mask for the Wrath
>>
>>78647709
Yes, I find it enjoyable, but if you're looking for Ahsoka she's not going to be a main character in it and makes her debut in the last few minutes of the season one finale and is in season two a few times. Rebels is a good Star Wars series though, so I'd give it a shot.
>>
>>78647727
>>78647817
>No belt
>Using Nox' mask when you are not Nox
Judging.jpg
>>
File: 2016-01-03_00010.jpg (318KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-03_00010.jpg
318KB, 1920x1080px
>>78647817
>>78647860

it looks like a robo-skull fuck you lore nazis.
>>
>>78647560

In the rotj novelization it's described as an invasion , so you aren't far off. Kylo seemed to use it in a almost vampiric way, judging how you could see actual pain on Poe and Rey's face and vocalizing what he absorbed.

>>78647375

I would love to see Luke reenacting his entrance in Dark Empire.
>>
So who was the best Vader?
>David Prowse
>James Earl Jones
>Bob Anderson
>Sebastian Shaw
>Hayden Christiansen
>Jake Lloyd
>Matt Lanter

Also why did Lucas hate Prowse so much?
>>
>>78647946
>He couldn't find a better helmet
>So he had to go steal Nox' helmet while Nox is petting his Collacoids
>>
File: 1364532141712.jpg (194KB, 1150x750px) Image search: [Google]
1364532141712.jpg
194KB, 1150x750px
>>78647154
>auto-generated captions
>0:39
>there's no sign of the Holy Quran
>>
>>78647790
>technically new
True, though I prefer to think of it as the first confirmation that lightsaber crystals never use that capacity to "connect" or express themselves through the Force, even if it's on a relatively minor level. I like it, plus it makes sense.
>>
>>78647994
Luke
>>
>>78647994
Lloyd and Lanter were before turning into Vader, so I don't think they count.
>>
>>78647946
>lore nazis
that's fucking kallig's countenance.
>>
>>78648010
>Nox is petting his Collacoids
L-lewd?
>>
>>78647714
What? I just opened it like an hour ago
>>
File: 2015-10-22_00151.jpg (243KB, 1920x1080px)
2015-10-22_00151.jpg
243KB, 1920x1080px
>>78648010
>implying i didnt kill him and take it.
>>
>>78647736
>>78647790

I feel like the damn thing is sentient unlike most sabers. It picked up a crapload of dark side energy when you think about it, from killing Doors and the kids to absorbing Luke's emotional turmoil that entire fight.
>>
>>78648143
>implying you'd be able to kill darth nox
nigger, that guy/girl is insane and stupidly powerful.
>>
>>78648143
>Killing a Dark Council member
>He thinks he can kill Nox
You're the Emperor's right hand, not the JK chosen one
>>
>>78648156

*Dooku
>>
>>78648210
>killing a dark council member other than baras**
fixed that for you.
>>
>>78647782
In old EU they somehow managed to drop from being Space Bob Hope's back-up band to playing in a shitty bar between the clone wars and ANH, that could almost work.
>>
>>78648239
>IMPLYING Bara could even be considered a Dark council Member
The ol' fart pushed and whined to be one, but they never did let him have the chair
You kill him right before he gets is 50lb butt on the chair
>>
>>78647803
>she hasn't aged well
She aged like a fine wine. Check your eyes, f a m.
>>
>>78648288
no, you kill him before he becomes the emperor's voice. he was a dark council member.
>>
File: 2015-10-24_00313.jpg (259KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-24_00313.jpg
259KB, 1920x1080px
>>78648210
My JK is patrician
>>
>>78648310
Oh, whoops. Got them mixed up. so many stages and positions with the Sith Empire. It's been a while
>>
>>78647994
>Also why did Lucas hate Prowse so much?
He didn't. The problem was that Prowse would badmouth Lucas and say all kinds of bizarre things about the production and still expected to be invited to Lucasfilm-organized events. Prowse but the hand that fed him.
>>
>>78646080
The thread closing soon but y'all simply got to stop saying this.

Do the Prequels hold up quality wise? Nope but the Star Wars Brand was absolutely fine.

Also the people that would be jaded about seeing a new star wars mostly likely would attribute it to Lucas and he wasn't directing it.

Disney's best help to sell this was time, everybody wanted to see star wars again. (Now that it's back makes me wonder how the next crop of films box offices are going to be) The story was part JJ being unimaginative and part being safe. People can't hate what they already love.
>>
>>78648347
>Purple lightsaber
No anon, you're not allowed to be Revan
>>
File: 2015-10-25_00018.jpg (207KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-25_00018.jpg
207KB, 1920x1080px
>>78648392
Windu has always been mah jedi fuck revan
>>
So I just finished Jedi Academy, both sides, and I like the good ending better. Jennifer Hale's "evil voice" just makes me hate my own character.
>>
>>78648483
>Tfw watching this cutscene for the non-force users
Man, that DLC was not made for blasters
>>
>Finished TCW
>caught up on Rebels
I feel so empty
I need more SW content that isn't about OT characters. I guess I'll finish up KOTOR2 then move onto TOR
>>
File: republic_commando.jpg (253KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
republic_commando.jpg
253KB, 1920x1080px
>>78648531
Play some Republic Commando. Not an RPG but still good. And thanks to TCW Delta Squad is canon.
>>
>>78648495

You have to admit it felt a little good to stab that little shit though.

I'll never forget Kyle picking me up like a sack of potatoes in his hands and tossing me during the boss fight either.
>>
>>78648531
LS SW>>>>>>IA>trooper>smuggler>JK>BH>SI>JC
>>
>>78648628
JC is not that bad. It's really just Chapter 1 that's bad
>>
>>78648359
>quality wise
Quality was always subjective,but the Prequels are an odd duck. They suffer from anti-nostalgia. Sure they had disappointing elements but visually they were impressive, especially at the time (hasn't aged well since effects technology has been steadily improving ever since). They certainly weren't financial failures and they sure as hell didn't "ruin" Star Wars as a franchise.

I worry TFA will start suffering from this, especially years from now. It'll suck if it's just remembered as a carbon copy of ANH that took no risks and was compromised by it's unoriginality. People are fickle and one thing said about the Prequels by critics back when TPM came out: the one thing no movie could have done is live up to the hype and expectations.It also had things that were iconic symbols to lump hatred and vitriol upon. You don't hear so much complaining over the Ewoks these days but I suspect hating Jar Jar shall outlast entropy itself.
>>
>>78648663
true, but my god is the chapter 1 bad.
>>
>>78648628
>Trooper that high
LaughingChiss.jpg
>>
>>78648668
it still boggles the mind that people rant and rave about jar-jar but give C-3PO a free pass.

>>78648696
>not wanting to be the republic's elite, going on a revenge trip, then spreading REPUBLIC with your propaganda bot
>>
>>78648691
It's a real pain. It's super long, super drawn out, and a little boring
But immediatly afterwards it picks up. The class made me going through it easy since it's super fun and the animations are great Shadow, I mean
>>
>>78648668
>I worry TFA will start suffering from this, especially years from now. It'll suck if it's just remembered as a carbon copy of ANH that took no risks and was compromised by it's unoriginality
As a movie it probably won't ever lose that stigma, but I think the real test is whether the next two follow suit or whether they decide to do something new. I think 10-15 years from now we're going to see more people talking about what went right and what went wrong in the sequel trilogy more than they'll be discussing the pros and cons of TFA on its own.
>>
>>78648606
>You have to admit it felt a little good to stab that little shit though.
Yeah...
On the other hand I was irritated that the jedi turned out to be much more difficult to handle than the sith.
>>
>>78648744
>C-3PO a free pass
Like the ewoks so much time has passed that it seems pointless to complain about. For instance I found him obnoxious as hell in TFA and the scene of him blabbering about his arm and interrupting the plot could have been cut out. HOWEVER it was so completely in character that, well, what are you going to do?

Honestly I hate what they did to Artoo more. I'd have much rather the little droid was paling around with Luke making sure that even though Luke was exiling himself he wouldn't be left alone.
>>
>>78648744
>it still boggles the mind that people rant and rave about jar-jar but give C-3PO a free pass.
I can definitely see why Jar Jar would get more hate then Threepio, but I still think it's been blown out of proportion. People treat Jar Jar not as an annoying sidekick, but as some horrible monster that personally broke into their house and robbed them. He'll always have the reputation of being the worst character in cinema history despite dozens of more annoying characters existing, all because he's become a symbol of the prequels despite only having significant screentime in one movie.
>>
>>78648309
No
>>
>>78648861
C3PO was unbearable in Ep2, far worse than Jar jar ever was
>>
>>78648861
jar-jar at least contributed to the plot, and had a reason to exist.

C-3PO did nothing except serve as an unneeded foil to artoo, unnecessarily translate what he said, and get in trouble.
>>
>>78648829
Apparently having Artoo in a "coma" was Kasdan's idea, because he felt it was necessary to delay gratification and wait til the end to give the audience Artoo back. He'd have a point if the story wasn't already doing that with Luke (and your idea of having him with Luke the whole time is a better way of doing it).

Having him suddenly power up at the most convenient time was also really stupid. The explanation for why it happened is even worse.
>>
>>78648917
>he doesn't like milf ashoka
she's an even better waifu than shaak ti
>>
>>78648818

Well it was Kyle. If he'd be easy I'd been disappointed.
>>
>>78648920
At least he never had an "icky icky poo" moment.
>>
>>78648776
It all depends in how well the next two movies do. If they are a copy paste of Ep5 and 6 with barely anything new or they are simply shit like the PT. TFA will be remember horribly
>>
>>78648952
Kasdan writes good dialogue but his story ideas for SW have always been questionable.
>>
>>78648952
>The explanation for why it happened is even worse.
What was the explanation?
>>
>>78648668
In 2025 i will buy all the OT and PT to see if TFA holds up
>>
>>78649038
You, anon, are a true friend to the thread. I worry, though, what Jar Jar will be like when lojacked directly into the human brain using future mnemotronic braintertainment systems. I'm a little afraid for you. I suggest you try it out on Leia's golden bikini scene first. For safety and in case you will have been to heaven before you send yourself to hell.
>>
File: slowpoke.gif (15KB, 275x300px) Image search: [Google]
slowpoke.gif
15KB, 275x300px
>>78649026
Well, remember when BB-8 went up to him, chirping and trying to get him to wake up and Threepio explains he's in low power mode? BB-8 was basically saying "hey, I have the missing piece of the map, wake up so we can put it together." But Artoo's processing is really slow in low-power mode, so he has a really delayed reaction.

So basically, Artoo is pic related.
>>
>>78649188
"Hey Grandpa! Your processing power sucks! Ball droids 4evah!"
>>
>>78648966
No, I mean the regular Jedi fighting the Sith before you get to the big boss. The double-bladed Jedis owned me in quite a few instances, whereas the Sith for the most part were bitches.
>>
>>78649188
That's kinda dumb.
>>
>>78648861

To my younger self it was resentment that he was taking time away from the interesting parts and characters with little payoff. More Maul? More Qui Gon or world building and action? Nope here's more Jar Jar slapstick.
>>
File: bb-8 chan.jpg (3MB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
bb-8 chan.jpg
3MB, 2480x3508px
I didn't expect to like BB-8 as much as I did
>>
>>78649188
That's pretty stupid, but it wouldn't be so bad if we at least had some indication that this is what's happening. Instead, all we see is R2-D2 suddenly waking up exactly when the plot demands it with no given explanation.
>>
>>78648776
One of the things about TFA that disappoints me is the planets. The Prequels as a setting are so much richer and engrossing. The movies might disappoint but it didn't hurt TCWs any as they explored and expanded on the era.

It's easy to find people who want to visit Felucia or see the bug spires of Geonosis, the canyon cities of Utapau, the eternal night of Umbara with its many orifice invading tentacle horrors. Even explore Coruscant's hot spots, go slumming and then clubbing. Try to buy some death sticks and then go home and rethink your life.

You'd be hard pressed to find people who want to hang out on the planet where Maz's castle is. It was like Space Canada only without even a single Stargate. Starkiller Base is pretty much the same but with more snow. At least Jakku has some promise. I have no doubt many people here wouldn't mind the chance to rummage around in an "elephant graveyard" of Imperial ships.
>>
>>78649229
>Artoo wakes up immediatly to lay the smackdown on this drown
>"Now you listen here you waste disposal droid. I'll have you know I've seen more shit then your micro processor can even process. Your memory banks can't even hold all that information, that's why you eneded up with a peice while I got the rest of the-"
>"Artoo? You're awake! Oh Artoo, I was so worried!"
>"Oh... Threepio... I thought you were dead...Primus be damned didIi ever wish you were"
>"What?"
>"I said I have the map, you stupid protocol droid."
>"Oh Artoo, I was so worried! You probably don't even recognize me anymore, what with the red arm."
>"Threepi-.... Why do you-...Where's Leia?'
>>
>>78649261
I knew I'd love it the moment it rolled onto stage at Celebration and began pissing off JJ.
>>
>>78649240

I must have gotten lucky or exploited choke and attacking after they pushed off, Kyle is the only one I remember struggling with.
>>
>>78649374
According to the comics doesn't Artoo have habit of cussing people out in Astromech beeplanguage?
>>
>>78649421
In TCW many droids comment on it. When you speak a language only so few can understand, you start to curse people
>>
>>78649261
I thought it would just be a poor man's artoo....goddamn was it adorable.
>dem stabilizer wires
>dat lighter thumbs up
>>
>>78649374
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDMUuJVltio
>>
>>78649421
It's implied in the movies as well. At least if you're not thrown off by Threepio's sensitivity.
>>
>>78649490
Are we sure it was a thumbs up?
>>
>>78649261
I remember my jaw dropping watching it roll around at Celebration finding out that it wasn't CG
>>
>>78648628
Switch bounty hunter and trooper around Anon
>>
>>78649526
>Anything broken?
>My pride
Oh that got me
>>
>>78649392
For me it was the other way around, lol. I mean I did have to heal myself one time inbetween, but with only one enemy and plenty of room, that was a breeze compared to 4 angry Jedi pursuing you while you're trying to find the exit.
>>
>>78649473

that conversation with chopper was probably full of more swear words than George Carlin.
>>
>>78649358
I'm disappointed we got Not Tatooine, followed by two separate forest planets (one of which was also Not Yavin 4), and then a snow planet with some Death Star hallways shoved into it.
>>
File: Naboo.jpg (167KB, 1920x820px) Image search: [Google]
Naboo.jpg
167KB, 1920x820px
>>78649358
Jakku is essentially just Tatooine, Hell I almost forgot that Rey was on Jakku at first. A desert planet doesn't really lend itself to unique characteristics.

Starkiller Base is less reminiscent of Hoth because of the context of the scenes.

I really liked the planet with Maz's Cantina - it looked really beautiful and reminiscent of Naboo. But that's because I really like the environment.

Seriously, look at this fucking beauty! Who would't want to live on Naboo.
>>
>>78649536
>Threepio's sensitivity
Ha, true but then in-universe it seems like he's one of those people you just want to cuss at regardless. Like that droid in Cloud City.
>>
>>78649617
R2 probably knows enough swear words he could cuss out any race in the galaxy in their tongue leaving no use for a protocol droid
>>
>>78649648
>Who would't want to live on Naboo.
Sheev. Since his dying wish was to blow up Naboo
>>
>>78649358
>the eternal night of Umbara with its many orifice invading tentacle horrors.
>You mean tentacle pleasures

But you're right though, at least in the prequels we got to see so many worlds that looked either alien or futuristic, but with TFA it was Dune planet, Ice planet, Basic forest planet that's probably in you backyard, and Scottish Isles.
>>
>>78649648
Best Girls
Best Landscape
Best Ships

Naboo the best.
>>
>>78649593

Ouch. Did you mix your powers or was straight light/dark?
>>
>>78649709
>Best Girls
you're wrong
>>
>>78649709
>Best Girls
Anakin, get off the holonet
>>
>>78649699
I prefer 100 time that than those CGI planets we got in the prequels. Why didn't anyone got mad about the planets in the OT?
>>
>>78649815
It can't be Anakin, Ahsoka isn't from Naboo.
>>
>>78649716
Straight light both times actually, because I only replayed from that one game-changing moment. Hardly used the force tho, maybe the occasional push when a suitable ledge was present, otherwise mostly whirling around with the attack button pressed.
>>
>>78649699
>and Scottish Isles.
This one really bugged me because I immediately recognized it. It would've helped if they at least added something to it so that it wasn't just blatantly Skellig Michael.

I mean, they've used real-life structures all the time, but at least when they filmed Naboo scenes in Italy they did something to make it look different.
>>
>>78649709
>>78649648
I dunno. I'm more of a Bespin person myself.
>>
File: Naboo - 2.png (1MB, 1070x816px) Image search: [Google]
Naboo - 2.png
1MB, 1070x816px
>>78649709
>>78649678
Naboo is literally the best planet in the Series.

>Lush Green Environments
>No Slavers
>No Jedi and Sith around
>Cool Black Guy as Captain of Royal Guard
>qt Girls Padme and her double were cute as hell.
>Sheev's home planet.
>Gungans are underwater because why not
>Not too Humid

Coruscant is my second pick, mainly because it's the exact opposite. Its a fucking city planet with Trillions of people on it. That is all.
>>
File: Palp_trustme.jpg (7KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
Palp_trustme.jpg
7KB, 250x188px
>>78649975
>no jedi and sith around
yes....
>>
File: 3770452-4977199912-640px.jpg (27KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
3770452-4977199912-640px.jpg
27KB, 640x427px
>>78650010
let's just let him keep thinking that.
>>
>>78649872
Because they were the first time we'd seen them. Jakku is annoying because it's basically Tatooine with some crashed ships. We've seen this before. Even Yavin 4, which is literally just a forest in Guatemala with the same temples, at least spends most of its screentime as an interior set that doesn't look like it's an actual place on Earth.
>>
>>78649358

I loved Jakku because I would enjoy raiding all those junked ships and acting like an eight year old in a candy shop.

Maz's Castle would be fun for all the strange characters coming in and out and the places history.
>>
>>78649872
Because they were the first ones, and thus we'd not seen anything like them before? The prequels showed more new locations. TFA didn't. Pretty much as simple as that.
>>
File: Sheev Palpatine.jpg (252KB, 1850x2500px)
Sheev Palpatine.jpg
252KB, 1850x2500px
>>78650010
>Implying Chancellor Palpatine is a Disgusting Force User

What Heresy is this?! He is the senate of our great republic! The man who is leading the galaxy in the Clone Wars!
>>
>>78650076
My only problem with the planets in TFA was that we didn't get to see more of Maz's planet. More hella cozy island castles and spooky forests man.
>>
>>78648589
Bought it a couple days ago, finished it yesterday.
Sev kicking it was more abrupt than I remembered.
All in all a solid game, and most of my complaints could have been fixed by a sequel most likely.
>>
>>78650028
One of the things Lucas deliberately tried to do was use terrain types that hadn't been used before. That's why we go through:
-a desert planet
-a space station
-a jungle planet
-a snow planet
-a swamp planet
-a gas giant
-a redwood forest planet (a bit lazy but it gets a pass since we barely saw Yavin 4)
-a meadow/garden planet (that's how they described it in concept art)
-a city planet
-a water/storm planet
-a rock planet
-a sinkhole planet
-another jungle planet
-several others seen briefly during Order 66
-a lava planet

The only time it's repeated is with Yavin, Endor and Kashyyyk, and even then lengths were taken to make sure they didn't use the same time of forest/jungle (and obviously whenever one of these planets shows up again in another movie).
>>
>>78649872
The OT was late 70s, early 80s. They couldn't have done too much.

The Prequels used miniature models of planets and locations such as the Geonosis arena and Utapau cities and then digitally imposed the actors over the models. The tech looked good enough back when the Prequels came out but by modern standards the real actors superimposed over models looks dated.
>>
>>78649934

>>78649934

Mostly light, max out choke and lightling, lightsaber staff with the heavy/Vader's style. Fought dirty as hell during duels using force then going for the legs or side when recovering.
>>
>>78650045
I agree that Maz didn't need to have a wacky too alien planet, but at the same time her castle was the only real point of interest. Seen one woods, seen em all.
>>
File: images.jpg (13KB, 511x288px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13KB, 511x288px
I wonder how the next Directors will deal with the planets issue. If people want more diverse looking planets like in the PT they would have to use CGI but i read that they want to avoid using it for fear of getting shit. I liked how the planets looked in TFA but i'am fan with new and weird looking planets like in the PT as long as they don't look like shit like that ocean planet in Ep2
>>
File: Maz's Castle.jpg (229KB, 1900x800px)
Maz's Castle.jpg
229KB, 1900x800px
>>78650161
I hear you man. Maz's planet is why I brought up Naboo, the environment looks so similar.

Both look like the ultimate place to unwind and not have a care in the world. Far from the hectic and chaotic urban landscape that is Coruscant.

Hell, Maz's Castle looks like the best place for a comfy get together with the main cast.

The MC's need to go back there.
>>
>>78649952
Important question: original Bespin or special editions Bespin.

Got to admit Cloud City was one place where the modifications weren't too obnoxious.
>>
>>78650195
I saw the movies when they came out and thought they looked like shit and a lot of people too
>>
>>78650275
>all those podracer flags
>>
>>78650201
Oh well, I got through eventually. On the dark side run I sometimes just straight up ran away and let the other guys fight among themselves. Kinda fit the whole "fear leads to the dark side" thing. but truthfully I just wanted to get to see the different ending
>>
>>78650275
>All that green grass and cool colorful flags
>Lego set is all brown and grey with no grass and only a single Red/Brown bacon-ish flag
Dropped the ball so hard.
>>
>>78650275
>The MC's need to go back there.
Hard to hang out in a place that got bombed to shit
>>
>>78650302
Just go back to playing Riven, dude.
>>
File: PodracerAnakin.jpg (337KB, 1856x920px) Image search: [Google]
PodracerAnakin.jpg
337KB, 1856x920px
>>78650306
Hey man, Podracing must totally still be a thing in-universe.

Admit it, you'd have fun racing a Podracer freely through Naboo or Tatooine.

Why the fuck aren't Podracer's featured as general on-ground transport vehicles? They look cool as shit!

It makes perfect sense for Rey as a scavenger to have one, and would've made the chase scene on Jakku much more entertaining until they found the Millennium Falcon.
>>
File: Smug Index Waifu.jpg (60KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Index Waifu.jpg
60KB, 500x500px
>>78650411
>Implying it won't get rebuilt because plot.
>Implying Maz won't fortify it into an impregnable fortress.
>>
>>78650411
>bombed to shit
They survived hosting a concert from the Wookiee Jam Crew, and their fans are fucking nuts. Maz's castle shall rise again.
>>
>>78650486
>Wookiee Jam Crew
Look, I miss them too, and I know it's weird that they keep releasing albums full of unreleased material but you need to accept that WJC is gone, man.
>>
We need a new thread. Is someone on the case?
>>
>>78650411
Maz is still alive and more than likely been through a lot worse than some random bombing run from a bunch of fascist upstarts. That shit'll be back within a week.
>>
>>78650515
Stop showing your age, kid. This was a century before Rebels. Back before the Jam Crew sold out and hired Grrr'Argh the jizzaphone player. And don't even get me started on Yoko.
>>
>>78650323
>>78650323

Hey, it worked, that's what matters. Im an unrepentant asshole in any game with the force or force like powers. even had Luke berating me every mission about being close to the dark side.
>>
>>78650284
Same here. Granted, I spent a good while wondering if it was safe to wander in that exposed gas...

Plus, I remember the Cloud Cars being the first vehicles in the series to seriously grab my attention.
>>
>>78650555
>Maz doesn't even bother to rebuild
>just puts up more flags over the new bomb holes

Perfect.
>>
>>78650595
It'll just be Maz's Tent at that rate, since the whole castle was brought down
>>
>>78650264
Hey Kamino is my shit.
>>
>>78650238

Woods like that aren't common where I live out in Swamp country. I'd enjoy the place for a while at least.
>>
New thread----------->>78650681
>>
>>78649756
Not wanting to fuck the shit out of padme
Not wanting her to use her "Queen Voice" during sex as she climbs on top.
>>
File: 1438059591269.jpg (65KB, 672x434px) Image search: [Google]
1438059591269.jpg
65KB, 672x434px
>>78650595
>>78650628
>Maz takes her business into space and opens a mobile tavern in a freighter
>It's still coated in Pod Racing flags and somehow has the mysterious cobblestone basement
>>
>>78650664
Fair enough. I'm stuck in the northern US and I'm getting sixth grade camp flashbacks.

I think it's more then notion that all the planets seen in TFA were fairly mundane, but it was like every planet in the Prequels was too exotic. Looking at you, Christophsis.
>>
File: Podrace.png (865KB, 1280x575px)
Podrace.png
865KB, 1280x575px
Daily Reminder that Podracing is one of the greatest additions to the series.

The fact that Rey wasn't shown to be professional podracer who created a vehicle from acquired scraps is a crime against humanity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOqf7DppNmY
>>
>>78650576
Heh. I usually do one good playthrough and one evil with any given rpg. and when evil I like to play as female.
>>
>>78650731
Maz finds a perfectly serviceable freighter just floating in space. Sets up shop. Customers occasionally vanish, sometimes turning up again in a highly traumatized, nearly incoherent state. Almost always repeating, "The tentacles...the tentacles." The place IS a bit wiffy, like the previous owner was crazy enough to smuggle rathtars.
>>
>>78650731
>in a freighter
>Not a refurbished Star Destroyer
>>
File: tng.jpg (33KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
tng.jpg
33KB, 500x382px
>>78650731

Maz and Chewie actually start a relationship and she runs her bar out of the Falcon
Thread posts: 671
Thread images: 101

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.