[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

January first? better get going with those taxes /co/!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

File: darle a esos impuestos.jpg (28KB, 403x302px) Image search: [Google]
darle a esos impuestos.jpg
28KB, 403x302px
January first? better get going with those taxes /co/!
>>
>>78571920
oh god don't remind me
i made about 6 grand last year, and because it was self-employed I have to pay tax on it, to the tune of 900 bucks. I'm more broke than a microsoft product, and I still owe 2500 from the year before when I was stupid enough to make 15-ish grand in self-employment
and this is assuming I never report my freelance shit.
>>
I'm watching that ep right now

TAXES!?

Isn't this the line for Metallica?
>>
File: taxes.jpg (26KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
taxes.jpg
26KB, 600x451px
The taxes! The finger thing means the taxes!
>>
>americans actually have to file taxes manually
>>
>>78573278
thanks for that reminder anon
our taxes may be a bureaucratic nightmare, but theyre lower than anyone else's by far
>>
File: 1444444142131231.jpg (57KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1444444142131231.jpg
57KB, 500x380px
>>78573325
No country can shit on america, we's got some of the lowest taxes.
>>
>tfw no income so no tax

living that NEET life
>>
>>78574305
it's true. we really shouldnt bitch.. but.. god dammit, they're so MISMANAGED
whatever else other countries do with theirs, at least they DO that with theirs.
>>
>pay someone to do it for me
>don't have to worry about going to jail for being lazy
>>
Not being american myself; How mutch tax do you guys pay?
>>
>>78574484
like, 20-25 percent if you're making a good solid living.
15 percent if you're self-employed no matter how little you make
>>
I don't pay any tax because I live off government benefits
>>
>>78574576
last i checked you idiotically still have to pay tax on those. in the states anyway
i know you have to pay tax on unemployment
>>
>>78574305
And yet you guys whine more than anybody else about them
>>
But I gotta wait for my W-2
>>
It's about February till I get all the w-2's and other tax paper work.
>>
>>78574602
I don't live in the states.

what sort of backwards government makes you pay tax on money the government is giving you? Just deduct the amount that would be tax from the handout. The only way it makes sense is a means to create opportunities to round up unemployed and disabled people and send them to jail for tax evasion.
>>
>>78574816
because if you dont give people a chance to weasel out of paying tax, youre being oppressive
>>
>>78571920
why was ned sleeping on the new years eve?
>>
File: 765235252.jpg (17KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
765235252.jpg
17KB, 320x240px
>>78574611
It's our first basic right to complain. Something that most countries don't have.
>>
>>78574816

Likew ith a W-4, you have the option of having the taxes deducted on the payments or waiting until year-end to pay your tax obligation.

Additionally, unemployment benefits are generally state-run programs, while the IRS is a federal entity. Other stuff gets lumped in with unemployment as well, like disability payments and union payments, which are taxable.
>>
>>78575264
the Flanderseses go to bed at 8 PM most days
>>
>>78575271
did you not watch Ghostbusters II? That's the source of all your problems
>>
>>78573278
Not using TurboTax and just getting your taxes done with your phone camera.
>>
>>78571920
I should, considering I got into deep shit last year for not doing them in time.
>>
>>78573325
But that's not true at all. Americans just assume they're number 1 at everything.
>>
>>78574816
You now realise that governement employees pay income tax.
>>
>>78575264
>>78575739
You know it's a bit weird how Maud is wearing eye shadow. Either she forgot to take it off or she was out partying and sneaked back into bed.
>>
>>78571920

It's probably best not to bother until you get your W2 - T4 - P60 - PAYG - PTS - Whatever you godless heathens outside the anglosphere use for taxes.

Just have a rough idea how much you earned and how much was deducted in taxes, so you know if you're going to get a refund or going to have to set up a payment plan.
>>
The big thing you have to remember about taxes if you're going to owe money. You are almost never better off not talking to the taxman than talking. They can take all of your shit if they want to. But that's a hassle, so they will usually set up a payment plan, typically with lower interest rates than you'd get from a bank loan. But you have to talk to them. Unless you're concealing millions of dollars in income earned by smuggling cocaine inside of underage prostitutes, you probably just want to call 'em up, say "Here's what I owe, here's what I can pay a month, is that cool?". 90% of the time, that will be cool.
>>
>>78576056
the deepest lore
>>
>implying i'm not going to get a sweet tax return to waste on funny books

Being employed is great, breh.
>>
Does America not have places that file your taxes for you? I always hear about Americans dreading tax season and how hard it is to get them done. Do you not have places like H&R Block?
>>
>>78576596
There's tons of them. The only time it's a hassle is if you run your own business, otherwise it takes like 20 minutes online.
>>
File: 1414087457148.jpg (7KB, 251x234px) Image search: [Google]
1414087457148.jpg
7KB, 251x234px
>>78571920
>23
what are taxes?
>>
>>78571920

Do Americans actually have to do this?
>>
>>78576936
Yes. Over the course of the year, you may have your taxes withheld from your paycheck. In January, your employer sends you a W-2 form listing your income for the preceding year. Then you determine whether you owe taxes or if you've overpaid and are due a return. The deadline for filing is April 15th.
>>
>>78575778
Well it was a poor film, thus a poor explanation.
>>
>>78576925
>23
>2016
you're gonna be a wage slave who rents for a while don't worry it means you get money in april to give to the loan sharks that run universities... I may be projecting a tad
>>
>>78575778
Yeah and when my bitching summons the equivalent of Satan I will stop!
>>
>>78577088
And how do you do taxes if you are self-employed?
>>
>>78573325
Ausfag here, took 10 minutes to file and am so poor I made money off of tax rebates. Time to head down to Centerlink for my free money.
>>
>>78576936
Do you live in Africa or the middle east? Because Europe and America does taxes but unlike America Europe doesn't have to do their own calculations.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 196x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 196x225px
>>78576596
Some troglodytes don't know how dem inter-webs works so they have to actually use fucking paper tax forms and go to a tax guy still, even if they have a normal no-bullshit tax year. It's fucking pathetic, like someone rubbing two lighters together to start a fire instead of just using the fucking lighter like it was meant to be used. And then there's the fucks still using checks, and phones from before 2000, who then bitch about how they didn't know x-thing was available to them or they can't look it up.
You could look it up if you just fucking turned that plastic fossil in to the smithsonian and got a god damn modern phone, but NOO touch screens are too hard. Fucking people. Guys keeping a dozen Liter bottles of their cum doesn't even surprise me any more, someone does something, no matter what the fuck it is.
Fuck I needed this rant.
>>
>>78577884
>on welfare
>this somehow counters anon's argument
>>
>>78574323
Is it worth it anon?
>>
>>78574816
>what sort of backwards government makes you pay tax on money the government is giving you?

We've only had it since like 1913.
>>
>>78576596
>Do you not have places like H&R Block?
We have them, we just have to pay for them. Last time I got an estimate, it would cost be $123 to get my taxes done. OR I could get all the paperwork together and to them myself, for free. It's just a pain in the ass.
Especially when you're only getting $600 in tax returns. I'm not spending a sixth of what I'm getting to have someone else do them, that's insane.
>>
>>78573278
I never understood this episode when I was younger.

Seems like a weird system.
>>
>>78573325
That won't be true if Bernie Sanders gets to office.
>>
>>78577786
If you're self-employed, the rules are different.
>>
>>78577088

It's April 18th this year.
>>
>>78574816
>what sort of backwards government makes you pay tax on money the government is giving you? Just deduct the amount that would be tax from the handout. The only way it makes sense is a means to create opportunities to round up unemployed and disabled people and send them to jail for tax evasion.

In the UK you technically pay tax on Job Seeker's Allowance, however a year's worth of JSA is well below the earnings threshold before you pay tax.

However, if you were on JSA for two months and then got a job, the benefits you got would count towards your taxable earnings.
>>
>>78577786

You keep very detailed records and fill out your taxes as if you were a business, which you are. Obviously, no one's been skimming off your paycheck throughout the year, so you will have to have set some money aside to pay come tax-time.
>>
>>78578788
>We have them, we just have to pay for them. Last time I got an estimate, it would cost be $123 to get my taxes done. OR I could get all the paperwork together and to them myself, for free. It's just a pain in the ass.
>Especially when you're only getting $600 in tax returns. I'm not spending a sixth of what I'm getting to have someone else do them, that's insane.
Every year I debate weather to do it myself and might miss something or have someone else do it.
>>
>>78578563
>implying a can afford a modern phone

Nigga I can't even afford a flip-phone
>>
File: kill me inkling.jpg (29KB, 336x371px) Image search: [Google]
kill me inkling.jpg
29KB, 336x371px
>getting my first job soon
>I'll have to start doing taxes
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.