[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Both of these cartoons seem to get a lot of hate around here.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (118KB, 1024x802px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118KB, 1024x802px
Both of these cartoons seem to get a lot of hate around here. Common criticisms include "forced drama", "poor pacing", and "not focusing enough on the MCs" along with other problems. Considering these, if you were given a chance to work on these shows what would you fix?
>>
Wouldn't even touch the greatness that is AT.
>>
more cartoony fun, less drama
The Uncle Grandpa crossover is the best SU episode
>>
These shows are going to crossover the difficult part is the reasoning as to why it hasn't happened yet.
>>
>>78570117
Trash opinion.jpg

Redo the FP arc so that they don't break up because of Finn's puberty
>>
>>78570530
I'm ok with Finn doing shitty things because he wants to cum and doesn't understand that, and just being a piece of shit from being a teenager in general.
>>
>>78570054
It'll take forever to fix SU, but I have some ideas for Adventure Time.

Firstly, make Finn less of a beta cuck. He shouldn't worry about girls, only justice. Getting a girl should just be an added bonus and not the main focus of anything. Next, he should be strong but not overpowered. To do this, there should be a few episodes of him training to gain full control of his grass sword and dual-wield it with his other sword, but just as background to the real plot of the episodes. As a tradeoff, there will be stronger villains.

I would also try to balance the fun episodes with the quest episodes, maybe have them actually say "adventure time" again and make them go on adventures doing good deeds and helping people. Maybe an episode of Finn going on a quest to find a cure for the Ice King at some point. Remind the viewers that Marceline isn't that overpowered by having her get wrecked and having Finn save her. Make Princess Bubblegum act like a princess again and be less involved.

Finally, maybe make Finn have some growth. It seems that he's been having the same battle plan of Leeroy Jenkinsing everyone even if it's not the best idea. I haven't seen the earlier episodes in a while, but from the newer ones it doesn't look like he's grown in his tactics. Perhaps an episode about him learning strategy would be a good idea. These are just some of the things I can come up with off the top of my head, so I don't know if it's accurate since I've only recently watched the most recent episodes, which I didn't like as much.
>>
>>78570054
>not focusing enough on the MCs

Tbh I kinda enjoy AT's one-shot episodes. They tell these neat, self-contained stories and are anywhere from okay to amazing (Ocarina and the pillow world one come to mind).

SU is kinda shit at filler eps. That'd prob be the only thing I'd change
>>
>>78570592
>>78570530
I've got no problem with Finn making mistakes.
What bothers me is that he keeps repeating them.
>>
>>78570149
^this bait is just too good not to pass up
>>
>>78570054
SU needs less filler. I can call it that because it sort of has a plot regarding what's going on with Homeworld.

AT needs a plot in the first place. It's never done anything but pretend.
>>
>>78571962
Wasn't that also a problem in Korra? That's part of the reason why I haven't watched it, despite the idea seeming cool. I hate it when good ideas have bad execution.
>>
File: winking finn.png (88KB, 316x281px) Image search: [Google]
winking finn.png
88KB, 316x281px
>>78570711
You and me both know he isn't gonna grow anon.
>>
>>78570592
To be real, it doesn't make much sense that he'd be this ignorant. They forced it on him because "horny" was apparently the only flaw they could think to give him. His sexuality is disastrous when it shouldn't be a big deal.
>>
>>78572196
yeah thats what pissed me off about korra anyway

repeating a mistake like ONCE is ok if they go all FUCK I CANT BELIEVE I FELL FOR THAT AGAIN but still
>>
>>78572238
Why it shouldn't? He is the only human being in the world, raised by dogs and surrounded by sentient candy and vampires over a thousand years old.
Why should he have any grasp on puberty and sexuality?
>>
>>78570054
Change the art style for something more realistic like any good 90s cartoons (MiB, Justice League, any Marvel 90s cartoon). I'm sick of these terrible flash animations.
>>
File: 1401304301181.jpg (37KB, 471x350px) Image search: [Google]
1401304301181.jpg
37KB, 471x350px
>>78572309
Because what we got did more damage than it should've and was garbage and was only done because they didn't have any ideas for FP
>>
>>78572309
It doesn't fit in a show about adventures. Finn already had flaws, why did they have to make one up that ruins him completely? Why not just focus on fixing the flaws he already had?
>>
>>78572433
The mods ban you for talking bad about SU?
>>
File: Steven shitpost1.jpg (477KB, 1126x5060px) Image search: [Google]
Steven shitpost1.jpg
477KB, 1126x5060px
>>78572433

>Rebecca Sugar.
>The main character designer behind Adventure Time.

At least I think that's what you're talking about, seeing as how SU hasn't been as much as a breakout hit or on the air nearly long enough for obvious stylistic imitators to emerge.

Also hello shitposter-kun.
>>
>>78572196
I only really complained about this in the second season. The writers didn't know they were going to make anything beyond the first season, so they end up backtracking on issues that were meant to be resolved in order to continue Korra's character arc and bring back the dreaded love triangle.

Generally back on track for the third season.
>>
>>78572482
They ban you at random based on their own personal preferences. It's ridiculous.
>>
>>78572482
More like they banned him or someone else for samefagging entire SU threads.
>>
>>78572309
I guess you could argue either way. I imagine an uncensored Ooo would be full of sex. Prostitutes, creatures fucking in the woods, etc. Not between humans, but close enough for Finn to get the jist as he travels all across the land.

Also he might find (and hoard) ancient media in the form of magazines and videos. He'd learn what a human woman looks like and what you do with one.

Being "raised by dogs" doesn't mean much when the dogs act pretty much like humans. Although his parents seem like old-fashioned 1940's folks. So they might have sheltered him.

On the other hand, Jake is a freak who fucks a 20 foot horse on the reg, and he fails to teach his little brother anything useful, even when it's obvious he is suffering without that info? What a jackass.
>>
>>78570054
Continue taking risks with AT and continue to tone down on the randumb humor. Add in more of the classic DnD fantasy elements that there was in season one.
They should have left PB in her cabin desu. It was a nice change.
>>
>>78572482
>>78572569
Told you so.
>>
>>78572433
>Muh pandering

Oh so you hate it because you're offended. Well that makes you totally justified, if you're a complete soccer mom, that is.

Look, you don't have to agree with an agenda to like a cartoon. It's really that simple. I watched Sailor Moon just fine, and I can watch SU just fine.

But using 'yuck undertones' as an excuse really gives credence to why none of these posts are explaining what SU did wrong aside from that.
>>
>>78572640
Wasn't Jake the one who started the whole mess by introducing Finn to Flame Princess as a cure to his problems with Princess Bubblegum? Maybe it's just bad writing, but I think Jake should have helped him learn how to get over Princess Bubblegum first instead of trying to put a band-aid over it by giving him a new love interest.
>>
>>78572717
Pandering is a symptom of not being able to write a good story or good characters.
>>
>>78572640
>On the other hand, Jake is a freak who fucks a 20 foot horse on the reg, and he fails to teach his little brother anything useful, even when it's obvious he is suffering without that info? What a jackass.
BMO wants Finn to stay "forever young", so he pulls his mustache hair off when he's sleeping (funny joke but it kinda pissed me off afterwards)

Maybe that's it. They want to shelter him, but they also avoid him for mistakes he doesn't entirely understand. They're trying to take the cake and wat it too and he's gotta bust from those shackles sometime in his life.
>>
>>78572849
*avoid
Scold fucking dangit
>>
Episodes that aren't 12 minutes long
>>
>>78572814
Yeah okay whatever you say.
>>
Every time I see this kind of threads I understand why this type of cartoons damage the brains of our children.

I miss the time when western cartoons were pretty well animated, with serious plot, good villains and some actual character development.

The last good cartoons I watched in this era were The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and some DC/Warner animations.

I miss that company who did some movie adaptations into good cartoons too.

It's about time for a new good Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Transformers animated series too. Stop with this 3D trash.
>>
>>78572436
yeah this too. There was already enough to work with -- namely, the way he divides the world into good and evil. If they really wanted a "realistic" show, they'd tackle this first. let Finn masturbate, he doesn't need to tell us about it.
>>
>>78572115
I loved the good old cartoony AT episodes, first and second season mostly. I wish they'd do more like them. The drama is fine, I just don't want it to change the show from what it originally was.
>>
>>78572406
That's your theory.
>>
>>78572640

As it is AT can get really racy for a TV Y7

>Cherry cream soda in that made outfit
>treetrunks' "Apple pie" (very innuendo-y in some episodes when she described it as "gooey and moist"
>Jake sexiles Finn on the reg

In a real medieval society sex and filth was everywhere if you were a warrior errant. Fuck Finn must have seen animals fucking on a farm at some point, that's how kids in the country learn about sex
>>
>>78573151

*maid

Yeah New year's booze
>>
>>78572797
He at least could've given him a love interest he could actually fucking fuck. Girl literally on fire. Good job, Jake.
>>
>>78573112
Yes it is. I don't buy Rebecca sticking the two together just so she could break the apart a season later.
>>
>>78570054
Kind of a poor comparison.

I feel SU is pretty good, only main flaw is that the characters pour their hearts out every other episode and it gets kind of grating. Some people are into that though, so whatever. I do feel like Sugar could focus on emotions more than sadness and junk.
Also every human is boring as hell but whatever.

Meanwhile Adventure Time is a fucking disaster on a million levels but I still like it too much to drop. I wish they didn't make Finn so stupid, asshole-ish, and incompetent as a young adult.
I'll forgive lots of their garbage if they make a good ending though.
>>
>>78572849
I don't get why Jake (or especially BMO wtf) would do that. It's the prude writers and/or censors forcing it. If this were my show I'd further explore how Jake resists Finn's growing up and Finn tries to buck that off, something like that.
>>
>>78573151
>Jake sexiles Finn on the reg
wait do you mean he fucks Lady in the treehouse? I don't remember that.
>>
>>78573848

There are days where he goes over to Rainicorn's (obv cuz they're fucking) and doesn't let Finn come and Finn screws around by himself, basically sexiled
>>
>>78575419
aw, they're just playin the viola together over there. they fuck under Finn's bed.
>>
Make them actual entertaining cartoons instead of pet projects for immature adults who can't actually write meaningful fiction but try to anyway.
>>
>>78570054
Slap/direct the fucking shit out of the VAs, slap the shit out of the writers.
>>
>>78576430
What did the va's do?
>>
File: 1443536038738.png (67KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
1443536038738.png
67KB, 554x439px
>>78570054

>Literally just starting Adventure Time Season 1

The whole thing just feels awkward and not really funny. Please tell me it gets better.
>>
>>78577717
hahaha no it stays that way for three seasons then gets worse
>>
>>78570054
S1-S3 AT is just so fucking god tier
the other are ok and 6 is just mediocre at best
didn't watch S7
Abotu SU , S1 is great , S2 so far is shit but i heard we are in the middle so lets see if S2 can be a ok and not an boring/awfull one.
>buh muh waifu episodes are great
lol , the new episodes are bland as fuck.
>>
>>78577734
we need more stevonnie we need confirmation or denial of dick we gotta know we need more stevonnie dancing
>>
>>78572675
People get banned for spouting the same nonsense in every thread, causing more problems than anyone they're complaining about, because they often make up new issues to bitch about.

If I go into a Gravity Falls thread and start whining for hours on end about how I hate that Dipper's hat is red, I should be banned.
>>
For AT I wouldn't change anything because there have been so many really good recent episodes, particularly the ones not focused on the MCs

For SU I would tell them to cut down on the anime melodrama bullshit
>>
File: 1451594500221.png (113KB, 201x258px) Image search: [Google]
1451594500221.png
113KB, 201x258px
>>78578016

...But Dipper's hat isn't red...
>>
>>78578039
and SU isn't pushing gender politics, but that doesn't stop anyone from complaining about it.
>>
>>78572115
You're not fooling us shit-poster. Shouldn't you be harassing people on tumblr and facebook?
>>
>cuck

Know how to spot a moron? If they use this word unironically, even if it doesn't apply.
>>
These threads are very good proof how the loudest people tend to be very self-centered.
>>
FINN AND STEVEN MUST FIGHT
GARNET MUST SEDUCE FINN
JAKE SEDUCES STEVEN
THEN EVERYONE DIES AND SUGAR COMMITS HARA-KIRI
>>
>>78578325
What do you mean?
>>
>>78570117
Was
>>
>>78578320
Shut up you cuck
>>
>>78570054
>"forced drama"
ATs tone changed abrupty
cant vouch for SU, that show focuses partly on drama in the first place to avoid that mistake
"poor pacing"
11 minute format is bad, mkay
"not focusing enough on the MCs"
never heard this about AT
and tons of SU episodes are about steven but people dont wanna hear it and call any episode involving some kids show type plot "filler" episodes despite it being a KIDS SHOW (or at least trying to be sometimes)
>>
>>78577689
It's mostly an AT problem, but a lot of the time it doesn't sound like they're having a conversation, just cold reading the lines.
>>
>>78578325
I'm usually never wrong so what's your point?
>>
>>78580205
It's not about MUH gems so it's filler gets so annoying
>>
>>78572849
>They're trying to take the cake and wat it too
>wat
>>
>>78582393
eat
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.