[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any older women in comic books?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: Space girls.png (1MB, 986x482px) Image search: [Google]
Space girls.png
1MB, 986x482px
Are there any older women in comic books?
>>
>>78567715
Oh man, age caught up to Marina Sirtis hard.
>>
File: Lynda_Carter.jpg (294KB, 993x1338px) Image search: [Google]
Lynda_Carter.jpg
294KB, 993x1338px
You didn't even include the best one!
>>
>>78567715
Carter has held up remarkably well. Isn't she 60 something? I remember the actress being at least 10+ years older than the character.

But damn time finally caught up with Troi. Especially in the last year or so.

>>78567972
This isn't that terrible. With makup, I'd even call it aging gracefully.

Also, god DAMN Kes looks like a scary pedo.
>>
>>78568048
I wasn't saying Lynda aged terribly, just that the OP didn't include her.

Also I'd still fucking destroy Lynda
>>
>>78568048
>Kes looks like a scary pedophile.

She actually is. She was arrested a few months back for sexually assaulting two kids. Last time I checked the court case is in a few months.
>>
File: Lynda Carter May 2015.jpg (507KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Lynda Carter May 2015.jpg
507KB, 800x1200px
>>78567972
I found out she auditioned for the role of Kathryn Janeway in Star Trek Voyager

>>78568048
She's 64, has aged more quickly in the last couple of years but still looks good

>>78568110
I think the other anon switched replies

>>78567715
As for OP's question, Hippolyta counts, right?
>>
>>78568150
Oh yeah, he probably did. I didn't read the top part of his post.
>>
I'm also glad that they are using more blonde Hippolyta lately
>>
File: amandahead-114746.jpg (66KB, 960x536px) Image search: [Google]
amandahead-114746.jpg
66KB, 960x536px
>>78567715
Amanda Waller until they made her all young in the new 52
>>
>>78567715
Claudia Black should stick to dark hair
>>
>>78567890
she is 60

Denise Crosby is 58; Jennifer Lien is 41, but was apparently unwell (cancer I think) for some time; Amanda Tapping is 50; Claudia Black is 43.

Partly the reason our bodies (male and female) change over time is down to lifestyle, but a lot of it is genes and environment. Being active will stop you getting overweight (unless you're too active, because muscle mass will also eventually make you overweight), but if you're active in say a physically demanding job over which you have little control, or you eat poorly, all kinds of things can still make you age "faster" than comparably active people in different jobs/environments.

For women, over a certain age (generally between 45 and 55) menopause begins. This is the natural ending of the menstrual cycle - the end of fertility. Ms. Sirtis and Ms. Crosby are both, it's fairly safe to say, in the late stages of or entirely through menopause. This change in body chemistry in itself causes a number of physical changes in a body, and again, genetic factors are very important here. For some it's easier than others.

Also, Jennifer Lien looks particularly bad there because it's a mugshot from her arrest last year.
>>
Man Crosby used to be so hot. The short hair didn't hurt, either.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.