[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Somebody read a Genius Girl? It is good? Honest opinion, /co/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: fancy_agatha.jpg (380KB, 674x950px) Image search: [Google]
fancy_agatha.jpg
380KB, 674x950px
Somebody read a Genius Girl? It is good? Honest opinion, /co/
>>
>>78553080
Are they still in Namek?
>>
>>78553939
This, I started reading but after certain point I just got bored of that clusterfuck and never came back.
>>
>>78553080
I used to think it was decent, and it was at the beginning.

But then the main character went turbo-Sue and everything went to hell.
>>
>>78553965
It's not really a bad story, it has a cool setting and interesting characters. The problem lies in the fact it has too much plot points to juggle while overextending the welcome of its story arcs.
I mean have they even got the Other out of Agatha's head already? Or revealed that Gil and Zeeta are siblings? Or had a threesome between Agatha, Gil and Tarvek?
>>
>>78554009
I don't know and don't care. The basic idea and world is interesting but the storytelling is not worth. Maybe it would be cool as an open world kind of game.
>>
>>78553080
I could never get onto the art style.
>>
>>78553080
For a comic that was updating three times a week, I expected the pacing to be faster than what it was.

Read it seriously for quite a while before dropping it some point in the castle. Never really felt the need nor urge to go back to it.

Aside from the (pretty important to the overall enjoyent) pacing, it was funny, I guess, and the art was nice to look at, given the inventiveness. Weak points were that it seemed more about "huzzah, nerd culture" than it was about anything it itself created -- as are most things that mistake engineering for science!!!!! -- and that it was a bit too prone to one-upmanship with regards to battles.

Or maybe not. It's been about five years since I read it last, I think.
>>
it's a'ight
I remember to catch up on it every two weeks or so
>>
Girl Genius has been a published comic book before Foglio started putting the strips online (he claims it boosted sales).
Therefore, the comic isn't supposed to be read like a webcomic, but like a serialized book. I think most of the pacing issues are derived from that.
>>
It's okay. Better to read in chunks though, makes the plots seem less drawn out and tedious.
>>
>>78554405
Shame, because looks like a good design
>>
>>78553080
it never ends
it's good, they're pretty consistent about updating, it's not great
it could be if they would just close some story lines
>>
>>78553080
It is accurate to Paris' demographic.
>>
It's alright. The best thing about it is the consistency of it.

If I want to read about a busty blonde scientist, I'd rather read Gold Digger. At least the plot moves at a tolerable rate there.
>>
>>78554460
And yet, say, Schlock Mercenary, with an identical book format, has none of them.
>>
The guy can't fucking draw and has never, ever improved. Every part of his characters looks like he drew it apart from the rest then photoshopped it all together. His heads in particular are revolting, like spheres on tiny swivel joints.

The worst offense though, is that he never inks his shit or clears up the outer lines. He's like if Dobson and Diaz had a kid and that kid made art.
>>
File: ggmain20150701.jpg (251KB, 700x1266px) Image search: [Google]
ggmain20150701.jpg
251KB, 700x1266px
>>78554009
no, the other is still not out of Agatha's head (Agatha is benefiting too much from that), Gil and Zeetha are not siblings, and the closest anyone comes to sex in that universe appears to be creating things.
>>
>>78556825
>Gil and Zeetha are not siblings
Not confirmed in comic yet, that is.
Ever since Phil released the drawing of Chump, and Zeetha and Gil met after he was healed by the lady Jager, they've had the same eye color, which was changed from before.
>>
Nice stories, art can be inconsistent though :(
>>
>>78556776

this. it's like he has no fucking idea how a human head and facial features work. the eyes, nose, and mouth slide around the face like silly putty while the head itself remains motionless, like a giant bone golf ball. their jaws never move, instead a character's mouth will suddenly stretch open like a lamprey, filled with too many teeth and located on what appears to be their chin.

i just don't get it. phil foglio obviously does SOME observation/research for his art, mostly for mechanical things and buildings, but there's just this weird fucking black hole in his abilities where heads and facial expressions are concerned.

it bothers me
>>
>>78553080
>>78553939
This...the story is way to fucking slow, even by webcomic standards and I stopped reading when he started coloring it, I think his back and white sketches had more detail.

Also lots of same face, but every artist does that.

My biggest complaint is that some times it's so fucking slow it's really a real time step by step of them going up stairway to the next room for half a years real time and the sometimes the plot time skips years.

I've honestly lost interest and track of what is going on. but supposedly the story is cool but the steam punk is "It's Magic I ain't got to explain shit" tier now.
>>
>>78559984
He makes Shad look like a better artist!

>Guaranteed replies by Tumbler Feminist Shad base haters, even though girls love his futa art!
>>
>>78554460
I've read the books, the pacing is still a clusterfuck. The age-old "it only SEEMS bad because it's meant to be a book!" excuse very rarely holds up. Bad pacing is bad pacing.
>>
>>78553080
It is good .
It has story-building and world-building and best of all it is by the Phoglios!
>>
>>78553080
I used to. I dropped it after they spent like two fucking years worth of comic in that dumb fucking castle doing exactly nothing. Plus I hated the main character for being a gigantic infallible Sue.

Foglio's goofy art still tickles my funny bone as a Magic player, though.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.