[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Complete and utter disasters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: Marvel_Trouble_1.jpg (43KB, 250x391px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel_Trouble_1.jpg
43KB, 250x391px
What are some examples of complete bombs in comics in the last few years?

Not just stuff that was "poorly received", literally stuff that people hated so much the company who put it out had to abandon plans because of it?
>>
I would say Arena, but they seemed determined to stick with that shit thanks to the follow up comic
>>
>>78516162
Undercover was bad enough to get cancelled mid-run though. Pretty sure Arena itself was at least on thin ice by the time it ended.
>>
>>78516162
>>78516194
That hack Hopeless destroyed so many interesting characters.
>>
>>78516084
The Inhumans stuff is looking pretty hopeless.

Marvel are pushing on with it, but judging by the sales, they're eventually going to just have to admit that it was never going to work and cut their losses.
>>
>>78516323
Good, fuck the Shithumans.
>>
>>78516273
Seriously.
I'd like to see Mettle come back because reasons and deal with the fact that Hazmat basically doesn't need him anymore now that she can be around people without her suit.
>>ends with him and Gambit at a bar knowing that feel
>>
>>78516351
Why? They were pretty interesting until Marvel decide to make them in a shitty direction.
>>
>>78516273
I've never known a man who had a more fitting surname
>>
>>78516384
He hates the Inhumans because of character brand loyalty to the X-Men
>>
>>78516511
I honestly hate everything about the last decade of X-men. But even I roll my eyes at how Inhumans are now the hated and feared outsiders of the Marvel universe.
The comics are fine, its just they're not even trying to hide it.
>>
>>78516084

Inhumans

> Because they are shit
>>
>>78516084
Before Watchmen, if you believe the rumor that DC planned to do sequels after it was finished.
>>
>>78516556
Although come to think of it, they announced a concluding Before Watchmen special that never came to fruition.
>>
>>78516511
Everyone with a brain hates the new Inhumans stuff.

It takes them in a retarded, redundant direction and makes most of the actually interesting characters background props for notX-Men ones that Marvel wants to push.
>>
>>78516552
Man, pre-Schism X-Men stuff was pretty great.

X-Factor was great, X-Force was great, all the Messiah Complex/Second Coming/etc stuff was great... The books had a tight, focused story running through them with real stakes and actual character arcs. It was way better than a lot of the other stuff Marvel was doing at the time.

Then Schism shat on everything and AvX flushed the shitty mess that came as a result into a universe of vomit.
>>
>>78516699
AvX actually established what could have been an interesting new statues quo. Then Bendis just decided to run in place for three years and do nothing

The X-Men were more interesting as a subplot in Hickman's Avengers than their own title
>>
>>78516084
Marville is bad beyond your worst nightmares. Whatever you've heard is but a fraction of the terribleness. I don't know that any plans got changed, but it was so bad it warped my soul. I cannot think of a single defense or justification for it
>>
>>78516084
Girls by the Luna brothers.
>>
File: A1mQxZ4emkL.jpg (1MB, 1650x2560px) Image search: [Google]
A1mQxZ4emkL.jpg
1MB, 1650x2560px
>>78516084
>>
The Widening Gyre. DC cancelled it after 6 issues in the middle of the story cause it was so poorly received.

Still widely considered the worst Batman comic of all time.
>>
>>78518843
I thought it was supposed to be two 6-issue volumes with a break in between, then Smith just never got around to writing the second half. Also, it's nowhere near the worst Batman comic of all time. What about Batman: Fortunate Son?
>>
>>78516084
What's Trouble?What plans were abandoned by it?
>>
>>78520064
If it had been better received it would have been canon.
>>
File: Convergence_(DC_Comics).jpg (47KB, 250x384px) Image search: [Google]
Convergence_(DC_Comics).jpg
47KB, 250x384px
Convergence. This will be known as the tipping point.
>>
>>78516384
But are they an interesting focus or better as a to the side thing. A thing we glimpse at
>>
>>78520100
Weren't there a ton of continuity conflicts anyway regarding people's ages? I don't know how it would have fit in even if it hadn't been utter cancer
>>
>>78516084
Who the hell thought Trouble was a good idea? Aunt May and Uncle Ben being like 20 years older than Peter's parents had been a plot point for years. When Peter Parker was 15, she looked like an old woman, she definetly didn't look like she was in her 30s like she would have to be to have been pregnant with Peter as a teenager.
What were Quesada and Millar thinking?
>>
>>78520064
A story about how aunt may was a total slut when she was younger, and was actually peter's mother but gave him up and promised to never claim to be his mother again. Also uncle ben was king cuck.
>>
>>78520172
>What were Quesada and Millar thinking?
Well Quesada thought it was a good idea and Millar has gone on the record that he thinks it was shit and paycheck cashing material
>>
>>78520172
Bill Jemas was EiC at the time, not Quesada, and the Marvel Epic imprint was his baby, so blame him
>>
>>78520034
Fortunate Son is better than that shit pile, it at least had a Rock N Roll commentary and that's just what KS says, DC fired his ass so fast his head spun.
>>
>>78516194
>>78516162
>>78516556
>>78516573

All this stuff is due to bad/low sales, not poor reception.Low reception doesn't mean shit if its making money, never forget Marvel likes when fans are upset because it leads to more sales.
>>
>>78517624
I love that Marville existed, but hate that I had to read it. I love the story, where it was basically a bet to see what would get a new series, that or PAD's Captain Marvel.
And Marville got so fucking DESTROYED that PAD even made fun of the book in one of the later issues of his renumbered Captain Marvel.
>>
>>78520132
>Weren't there a ton of continuity conflicts anyway regarding people's ages?

Plus there was a middle-aged-looking Bucky appearing in the last issue as a guest at the wedding.

I honestly think was intended more as an Ultimate prequel than a 616 one.
>>
>>78516552
>Inhumans are now the hated and feared outsiders of the Marvel universe
So you haven't read any of it all? generally the inhumans accepted in the marvel universe. Only attilan is getting shit because other governments thing they did the attack on purpose and are using the results to build an army.
>outsiders
Anon they spent 90% of their existence being the isolationist group that didn't deal with anybody except Reed. Compared to that they are now socialites beloved by all.
>>
>>78522909
fuck off marvelshill. no one cares
try again after the new year
>>
>>78521762
I think the fact that Mettle got more fanart after he died than all but one of the OCs from that shitfest says exactly how well it was received.

In that no one gave a shit.

Upset or not, no one gave a shit and that's what really did it in.
>>
>>78516373
Given that the only way to get that to work was handwaving offscreen BS and ignoring one of her powers, I bet that if Mettle ever does come back, she'll have had a relapse and Axbro will be dead.

Via offscreen handwave.

Because really, he earned it. Fucking self insert piece of shit.
>>
>>78521413
>it had a rock n roll commentary
Jesus, no if fucking didn't. It felt like the work of someone who'd never heard of music before.
>>
>>78521762
Okay, Spider-Man: Chapter One, then.
>>
>>78521762
>Low reception doesn't mean shit if its making money,

Making money means it's not low reception
>>
One More Day
>>
>>78525698
Sort of? The book didn't sell well again till Slott went into Superior mode, and it was pretty obvious they had some other ideas intended with the mystery of Harry's return, the creation of Jackpot, and other stuff like that but they very quickly resolved and shuffled those plots off to the side.
>>
>>78525585
And while we're on the subject of Byrne, his Doom Patrol reboot bombed real bad. No one will ever mention it again.

The Chapter One fiasco was special though because it was supposed to be the new authoritative Spider-Man continuity, and people were ignoring it even before it was finished. It was just that bad.
>>
>>78525698
Doesn't count, still hasn't been taken back.
>>
>>78520123
Nobody has red that
>>
>Check thread
>no mention of Amazons Attack
>>
>>78516084
Stop teasing us and storytime damn you!
>>
>>78516273
I, for one, welcome destroyer of All-New X-Men. Faster he ruins that book, faster it'll be cancelled.
>>
>>78525585
That one was just bad and pointless. The height of stupidity was when Byrne revealed that Sandman and Norman Osborn were cousins because Byrne couldn't just accept that they have the same hair because they were both created by Steve Ditko.
>>
>>78516323
because they don't have a Daisy book
>>
>>78525829
That's the point
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.