[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Over the Garden Wall Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: The_Beast_in_Darkness.jpg (21KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
The_Beast_in_Darkness.jpg
21KB, 1280x720px
The Loveliest Lie of All Edition

Just finished watching this absolute gem of a mini series today. Missed it when it was first on.
Just want to catch some of my /co/mrades opinions on it. Favourite moments/episodes/characters etc.
>>
>>78501978
I really loved the whole thing. The concept of beast was excellent and the feel of it all was very nicely thought throughout. I really liked Adelaide, for some reason, hilarious, somehow
>>
ITS TIME FOR SOME MOTHERFUCKING POTATOES AND MOLASSES!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHYcpGq6DDg
>>
>>78501978
It's really really good anon
It's probably the only reason they greenlit the latest miniseries "long live the royals", which sucked

Favorite Moment would have to be the scene where the frog started singing so beautifully
>>
>>78501978

I really hate this show for some reason, 3/4 idk WTF is going on, and then the Satan Tree Man... this should'a been a horror toon' and I would be drooling.
>>
>>78501978
Twas a very good show. It was short and simple and effectively executed. I feel like they sometimes added some unnecessary padding though. The boat episode was my favorite.
>>
It was pretty boring and badly paced if you ask me. Wirt was also the only likebale character.
>>
>>78501978
the whole thing was a nostalgia kick for me, it brought back all sorts of memories and adventures with my brother, since we'd often go back into the woods behind our house when we were younger.
>>
>>78502691
>>78502691
The Woodsman and the Beast had my favorite dynamic in the show.

The whole plight of the lantern bearer was like a Greek tragedy filtered through classic folklore.
>>
>>78501978
I loved most of this short series.
I think the only things they could have done without would be the potatoes and molasses song as well as the adventure to cloud city or whatever it was.
>>
>>78507086
I don't mind Greg having a few lighthearted moments, but it does bother me a bit when the comic relief character seems incapable of reacting at all to more dire situations.
>>
I liked the Fleischer homage episode. The callbacks to various other cartoons was a fun part of the series.
>>
>>78501978
I miss it

Will we ever go Over the Garden Wall again?
>>
>>78508358
We will, anon, we will.
>>
>>78508453
moar edits
>>
>>78501978
i watch it on Halloween with my 5 year old cousin. he like but he was also spook out he thought the beast was coming to get him. my favorite part was the girl who turn out to be posses
>>
The original pitch Wirt was suppose to stay behind while Greg returned. They should of kept that ending.
>>
>>78502691

my landlady literally looks and sounds like Adelaide. Theres a special place in hell waiting for her cause she was such a cunt to my dog.
>>
File: waifu.png (464KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
waifu.png
464KB, 1280x720px
Beautiful piece of animation which plays out like it could've been made in the 90s, with a perfect blend of fairy tales and creepiness
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 430x336px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 430x336px
Such a perfect little show. The mood it set was just so mysterious and playful. I loved all the seemingly dangerous creatures they'd meet like Unoch (who was just a little black cat in a pumpkin costume the whole time, so understated, so clever). I loved the beast and how they never defined what exactly he was: satan? Death? Slender man? Who cares. He was awesome. The contrast between Wirt and Greg was consistently enjoyable to watch; Greg the oblivious, instinctive, carefree kid just having fun, and Wirt the "worry-wart", a poetic second guessing teenager who grows and learns from his little brother's attitude. And who hasn't had a Jason Funderberker in their life?
>>
>>78510972
Jason funderberker... That guy...
>>
Its a pretty neat miniseries, good to watch with younger siblings.

Also my country got the DVD too early so I didn't get any bonus feature like commentaries and stuff but I got some pretty neat character cards.
>>
>>78510997
The frog?
>>
>>78502810
That is my favorite one as well

I liked how imaginative it was.
>>
>>78509958
Perhaps a tad dark for the audience?
I don't know, it'd have been a bummer of an ending
>>
File: beast.jpg (587KB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
beast.jpg
587KB, 2988x5312px
>>78509958
I really liked the way they did it. It was funny and sensible.

>Beast: put your soul in the lantern to save your brother...
>Wirt: okay... wait. fuck you that don't make sense
>Woodsman: wow, that actually is kinda retarded. y i been doing that for the past century?
>Beast: uhh hurr durr DON'T EXTINGUISH LIGHT PLZ
>>
File: lorna.jpg (50KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
lorna.jpg
50KB, 500x280px
this part fucked me. I loved it though. just the most unexpected spoopy shit
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.