[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Infinity Gems - MCU Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: tumblr_ne9ju2ruhg1rky9upo1_500.gif (42KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ne9ju2ruhg1rky9upo1_500.gif
42KB, 500x370px
So, we know:

- the Space gem is from the Tesserect
- Reality gem from the Aesther
- Power gem from GOTG
- Mind stone from the scepter
- the last two gems, Time and Soul, are going to be Green and Orange, respectively. (Kevin Feige)

Speculation is pretty wide that that Strange's amulet, which is green, will likely be the Time gem. Providing this is true, where should we expect to see the Soul gem? What movie? Who has it?

Given that we will likely get introduced to it prior to Infinity Wars part 1, that means it could be in:
Civil War
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Untitled Spider-Man film
Thor: Ragnarok
or
Black Panther

I think we can rule out Spider-Man immediately, and I don't see it being introduced in Black Panther (which will be bogged down by domestic stuff, I believe) or Civil War (way too much more impt things going on).

Leaving it to be GOTG 2 or Thor 2.

What do you folks think?
>>
>>78501828
What about DR. Strange?
>>
>>78501828
To be honest, they have already ruined the Infinity Gems for me. ALL they are in the MCU are color coded artifacts that shoot beams of "energy" at people and other things thw plot requires at that moment. Mind gem should grant you Jean Grey powers. Space gem should let you teleport and manipulate space itself. Power gem is okay.
Reality gem is okay.
Not really looking forward to more.
>The gem is some kind of reactor that has unlimited power
>>
>>78502421
learn to read, bud

Strange's amulet will be the Time gem
>>
>>78503785
Necklace.
>>
>>78503425
>Mind gem brainwashed people, and also gave consciousness to a machine
>Space gem created portals portals and also teleported shit into unknown locations in space
>Reality gem had the capability to change the nature of reality to darkness
>Power gem is raw power
They aren't just energy projectors, it's just how they were used thus far. And Thanos will probably condense the gems essences into gems in the gauntlet.
>>
>>78504204
I get that. I'm saying how far they nerfed the gems to fit in with the hardness of the sci fi in the MCU. Like every gem has to be placed in some device to use them.
The space stone was used to power energy weapons. Wtf
The mind stone was used to power energy weapons. Wtf
Also, since when does the Mind Stone grant people super speed and magic powers? Soul stone, power stone, yes. But the Mind Stone?
>>
>>78504445
>The space stone was used to power energy weapons. Wtf
They were teleportation guns, it's just that Hydra didn't know.
>The mind stone was used to power energy weapons. Wtf
It's possible that it was used to remove mental blocks so they could unlock their powers.

When Thanos uses it, or someone more knowledgeable, it will probably used for better means.
>>
File: Hawkeye_soul_gem.jpg (52KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
Hawkeye_soul_gem.jpg
52KB, 600x337px
>>78501828

Hawkeye has the soul gem.

It fits the naming scheme so you know I'm right.

(Bubble tea is not a milkshake, dumbass capcha)
>>
>>78504756
i'd be super butthurt if that happened
>>
My theory? The Soul Gem will likely be in Dr. Strange, as that seems like the most fitting place to say that souls exist in the MCU.

GOTG will have Time. I mean, when is GOTG not involved with time shenanigans? Not to mention Mantis seeing into the future could tie into that.
>>
>>78504894
they could drop the existence of "souls" in any of GOTG/Thor too, IMO. It wouldn't be outside of the ordinary.
>>
Thor 3 will have the soul stone, in relation to either Surtur or Hela. My guess it will be a gem embedded in Surturs sword
>>
>>78501828
The last 2 forms will be
Helix
and
Nigger
>>
>>78504969
But I feel it's more fitting in Dr. Strange, astral projecting and all.
>>
>>Time Gem in Thor 3.
>>They use it to undo the destruction of Asgard
Rate your mad.
>>
>>78505246
I'd rather they use it to undo Thor 1 from ever getting made.
>>
File: Howard_believe_it.jpg (838KB, 1266x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Howard_believe_it.jpg
838KB, 1266x1920px
>>78501828
>Providing this is true, where should we expect to see the Soul gem? What movie? Who has it?

Howard the Duck will come to have it. People think he was a just a joke for a post credits Guardians scene.

He wasn't. I expect a movie within 5 years or so.
>>
>>78505401
Just don't give us duck tits again, please.
>>
File: witness_Pepe.jpg (169KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
witness_Pepe.jpg
169KB, 900x900px
>>78505455
>Just don't give us duck tits again, please.

Hah, there will probably be a nod, joke, or reference to that in the movie.

But on a serious note, it makes sense. After all the cataclysmic events that have taken place in the Marvel cinematic universe, a being as plain and powerless, like Howard, gets wrapped up in a save the world scenario.

He's more normal than non-powered heroes such as Black Widow, Hawkeye, or Eagle.
>>
>>78505573
Sounds like Paul Rudd should have been Howard instead. Because he's such an average every-man.
>>
File: 1448000020189.png (334KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
1448000020189.png
334KB, 640x464px
>>78505596
>Sounds like Paul Rudd should have been Howard instead. Because he's such an average every-man.

You'd think that right? He would work, depending on which incarnation of Howard Disney wanted.

They went with the "I don't want to be here," Howard. Cool guy, but kind of a downer, like the depressed drunk you might meet at the bar.
>>
>>78504445
>The space stone was used to power energy weapons. Wtf
The space gem is about moving objects. What is an engine if not generated movement? What is a turbine or nuclear reactor if not generated movement?

How do you think hydroelectric dams work? A thing moves, and that generates power.
>>
>>78505760
Confirmed fot never reading a comic.
>>
>>78503803
Nice one. Any object that starts with H?
>>
>>78506251
Heart.
As in the Soul Gem is now Adam Warlock's Heart.
>>
>>78501828
I think the Soul Gem should appear in Dr. Strange. That's one of the comics I don't know much about, but I do know it's a fantasy, so introducing a "Heart of a Great Mighty Being That Died for Some Reason" MacGuffin would fit in both with the setting and the THANOS thing. Maybe the Time Gem will be a Scythe for a Father Time-esque figure, kind of like that one Time Ghost from Danny Phantom. Were there any time travel arcs in Thor or Guardians?
>>
>>78507131
>the comics I don't know much about,
>still theorising like a wanker
Take heart that you're the audience MCU tries desperately to grasp.
>>
>>78506839
Adam Warlock is also know as "Him".
>>
>>78501828
Homo in Dr. Strange, because Cucumberpatch is queerbait in Sherlock.
Nigger in Black Panther, for obvious reasons.
>>
>>78506118
The MOVIE space gem is not the COMIC space gem. None of them are exactly as they are in the comics. I thought that much was obvious as hell by now.
>>
I thought one of the gems was the one that gave Vision life?
>>
File: infinity war teaser.jpg (28KB, 560x292px) Image search: [Google]
infinity war teaser.jpg
28KB, 560x292px
>Reminder that there were people who were so retarded that the didn't realize that the mind gem was Loki's staff
>>
>>78508393
People thought that because Marvel/Feige originally said it wasn't after the speculation arising from Avengers 1. Having the Scepter house the mind gem is Marvel backtracking on their own words.
>>
>>78508393
So will this mean Vision will die In order to complete that guantlet?
>>
>>78504756
Howard the Duck is the Soul Gem. Count on it.
>>
>>78508393
Because it was a retcon. It had the same color as the cube and the straight up said multiple times it was tech made from the cube. Not to mention the whole not working on starks chest reactor. They're trying to introduce these gems as fast as possible.
>>
File: artleo.com-222447.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
artleo.com-222447.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>78508562
probably it is going to remove his powers and nerf him
vision is just too strong for mcu
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.