[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel vs DC. No console wars edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: logo[1].jpg (52KB, 1024x527px) Image search: [Google]
logo[1].jpg
52KB, 1024x527px
Why is it that in Marvel comics? The costumed characters, generally have their real identity known to the public.

While in DC the costumed characters have their true identity unknown to the pubic.
>>
>>78497480
For the heroes that have their identities in the open its not like they can endanger anybody they know. Everyone they know is either dead or a superhero. The ones that keep their identity have families and friends they want to protect.
>>
>>78497480
It's because in Marvel if their villains find out who they are, the heroes murder them.

In DC the heroes will not do this.
>>
Because Marvels characters are pretty one dimensional characters that cant develop past their gimmick (muh responsibility, muh dual-identity, muh racism), so it becomes kinda redundant to have a secret identity. While DCs heros are more like archetypes, so you can project much more variety on their civil indentities.

Bruce Wayne is a different character than Batman.
Tony Stark and Iron-Man are pretty much the same character.
>>
File: 119wjdw.jpg (109KB, 569x428px)
119wjdw.jpg
109KB, 569x428px
>>78497480
>Live action movies
Marvel > DC
>Cartoon movies
DC > Marvel
>TV
DC > Marvel
>Vidya
DC = Marvel
>Comics
DC > Marvel
>Silver age comics
Marvel > DC
>>
>>78497970
Quantity doesn't equal quality.

I'd take the Nolan Trilogy over any 3 Marvel movies any day of the week.
>>
>>78497480
Because Civil War fucked things up.
>>
>>78497996
>Quantity doesn't equal quality.
True, and DC has quality, but Marvel has a higher quantity of quality.
>>
>>78497970
>>Silver age comics
>Marvel > DC
I'll fight you
>>
>>78498463
This
>>
>>78497480
Because marvel has shit writers that always bullshit their way around any possibly problems that would actually occur from superheros having their identity publicly known.
>>
>>78497970
And music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpaPkeTBm0M
>>
>>78497970
All of this is true, but Marvel's live action tv is better than DC's. Flash, Arrow, Smallville are CW all fucking garbage. Daredevil goat.
>>
>>78497480
Marvel has powered people, DC has Superheroes.
>>
>>78497762
>Tony Stark and Iron-Man are pretty much the same character.
Casual confirmed. Tony was a lot different before his identity became public
>>
>>78497970
>TV
DC < Marvel
>Vidya
DC > Marvel
FTFY
>>
>>78499873
>muh demon on a bottle
>>
>>78499818
DC has superheroes trying to be people.
Marvel has people trying to be superheroes.
>>
Reminder:
>>
>>78499235
Who do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZApl8-I-itE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ateQQc-AgEM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnYODn-vvho
>>
>>78499545
I agree Daredevil is GOAT, but Arrow and Flash are God tier.
>>
>>78497480
Cuz in Marvel, the worst that will happen is a mob forms on your lawn with "No Muties!" signs. In DC, lone, non-powered nuts will basically become new Batman rogues, infiltrate your home, and murk you to start off their career.
>>
>>78499980
Kinda ironic that Johnsis a writter that pretty much invent toylines and then add a story
>>
>>78499901
>>TV
>DC < Marvel
Wrong, because Bruce Timm

>>Vidya
>DC > Marvel
Yeah, maybe now anyway, because of the Arkham series and Injustice. But for a long long time it was undeniably Marvel > DC because of Marvel vs Capcom.
>>
>>78499980
I thought Gwen's death was the company defining event (because Spidey isn't an a-list hero, he's S-list)
>>
>>78500170
>In DC, lone, non-powered nuts will basically become new Batman rogues, infiltrate your home, and murk you to start off their career.
I remember that, except it was a Flash rogue.
>>
>>78500002
Well, that music os about Spider-man, if he was brazillian.
Spider Man

I love to swim in the abyss
During a masculine night of pursuits
Jumping around the buildings
I saw it
As a hostage of a runaway
Who got you after he was surrounded by the cops
Down in the deep places
It was love at the first sight
I fled from where the sky scratches
Saving you with my cobweb
Nice to meet you, they call me Spider Man
I'm your hero

Now the hero handles the burden
Of the things he buys
On the roof, he adjusts the TV antenna
Plus he's awake all night long to rock the baby

No more bad guys for him to arrest
And any crossfire for him to stop
I've got an idea
Why don't you get in my cobweb
No more robberies for him to stop
Either in Brasilia 1 or in here
I just got a great idea
Why don't you get in my cobweb
Now you got me in your hands
In this naive seductiveness of yours
That got me in my blood
I'm in your cobweb
>>
>>78500208
When it's marvel releasing an actual game??? Fucking shit
>>
File: 1451347111353.png (1MB, 1206x972px) Image search: [Google]
1451347111353.png
1MB, 1206x972px
>>78499980
>>
>>78500416
>huuuur being canon makes it better

Shit, you could say that every Crisis is still canon, because every fucking thing there actually happened, and helped to shape the character until today.

Hypercrisis bitch.
>>
>>78500317
GOAT cape song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1R0EWIEiMc
>>
>>78500459
>Hypercrisis
Do you really want to open that can of worms now?
>>
>>78500248
That really happened? I just said that to illustrate how much more dangerous DC's bigots (who can wreck the shit out of your life and loved ones on their own, like in reality) are vs Marvel's (who generally need government funding or powers of their own to be a significant threat).
>>
>>78500416
>COIE
>not canon

Have you even read the latest Justice League?
>>
>>78500955
Don't bother. Marvelfags can't wrap their heads around it.

The Crisis resetting everything happens in universe. It's something some people remember that occurred. It's not that it happened in our world and not in theirs. It happened in their world too, the Crisises happening are canon.
>>
>>78500955
Can you say that any of the character development or deaths in COIE still matter?
>>
>>78501125
Can you say that anything that happens in any Marvel book ever matters when a new writer takes over?
>>
>>78499980
>Blueprint for every crossover event that came after
And that's a good thing?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.