[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swr/ Star Wars Rebels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 689
Thread images: 86

Friends edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.co.uk/updates/release.htm

>Newest Rebels Recon Episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JrVry8kgyw

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

>Star Wars: Uprising: (/swr/ Cartel: Loth-Cats)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpW6fOEvuSg
http://community.kabam.com/forums/showthread.php?568108-Newx-s-New-Player-Guide

>Star Wars: Commander: (/swr/ Squad: Empire - SheevSquad)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUD2JkBxIJo

>Canon Guide: (Timeline coming soon)
http://imgur.com/a/wnoIs

>Star Wars /co/ Booru:
starwars.booru.org

>Download links: (Books, Comics, Rebels, Films, etc)
http://pastebin.com/nWsKtSya
>>
File: Mission_Vao.jpg (545KB, 566x601px) Image search: [Google]
Mission_Vao.jpg
545KB, 566x601px
Fuck it, reposting these.
http://strawpoll.me/6178801/
http://strawpoll.me/6178838/
http://strawpoll.me/6381601/
http://strawpoll.me/6381588/
>>
>>78488390
Jolee best waifu
>>
>>78488419
You're not entirely wrong.
>Love doesn't lead to the dark side. Passion can lead to rage and fear, and can be controlled... but passion is not the same thing as love. Controlling your passions while being in love... that's what they should teach you to beware. But love itself will save you... not condemn you.
>>
>>78488307
Do we know where in the Outer Rim are Lothal and Garel?
>>
This video (if what is said is true) makes Lucas look like a mad man who was trying to kill the franchise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dnSORl9_oI
Also I lost it at the part about Darth Maul and Darth Talon being "friends".
>>
>>78488513
I heard he really was fucking with the developers but he played it so straight they didn't realize it.
>>
>>78488453
Based.
>>
>>78488547
He was probably just joking but since he's George fucking Lucas everyone took his every word as gospel.
>>
>>78488513
I saw this and was not surprised LucasArts was so shitty to developers and didn't know what one hand was doing. Cancelling games with zero reason as to why is shitty.
>>
>>78488547
>>78488569
Meh, maybe, but it seems like anytime Lucas himself got involved in a game it took the turn for the worst.
>>
>>78488569
George Lucas put "Star Wars Episode 2: JarJar's Big Adventure" on first drafts of the episode two scripts because he'd noticed the backlash against the character after episode one.
>>
File: 1451046927278.png (1MB, 2175x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1451046927278.png
1MB, 2175x1000px
So what do these threads usually talk about? Is discussion about the films allowed or is it just the EU and the show?
>>
Thoughts on Lucas latest interview with Charlie Rose?

https://youtu.be/O8hQVlRgFlU
>>
>>78488453
Surprisingly deep character for a BW game. I'm honestly surprised they let a gray Jedi into an otherwise straightforward good guys vs bad guys game.
>>
>>78488676
All things Star Wars without the /tv/ shitposting. What do you wanna discuss anon?
>>
File: images.jpg (19KB, 295x300px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
19KB, 295x300px
I hope the Ewoks get to save the day in the final episode like in the original trilogy.
>>
File: 144567898765.jpg (141KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
144567898765.jpg
141KB, 700x600px
>>78488733
Nothing in particular, I was just wondering for future reference.
>>
>>78488746
> The FO build another Starkiller
> The republic is pissed, they decide to infiltrate a sabotage party.
> "Yub yub"

>>78486494
If they had blown up the resistance first, it would have been the republican fleet that would have jump into their face.
As soon as they used their superweapon, they would have been a target.

>>78486564
They mention a recon fly at some point. I'm guessing it's how they mapped the surface of the thing.
That doesn't explain how they knew its location, but even if they didn't had any idea of where their base of operation was, the damn thing just shot a gigantic galactic "I am here and they are not longer there" beam.
How they knew they were targeted however... they could only guess, and they shouldn't knew how much time they had left.
>>
>>78488513
It's bullshit anon. Lucas has an abnormal sense of humor, that's all. These developers are just confused, and these games certainly weren't cancelled/failures because of Lucas's jokes.
>>
>>78488684
Just feel bad for the guy. He clearly loves Star Wars, but the fans ate him alive for a decade. A decade of him non-stop giving more and more to them too.

Now he thinks of it as a break up. Very sad.
>>
>>78488307
Look.....they're friends!
>>
>>78488665
Still a better title than Attack of the Clones to be honest fampai
>>
>>78488931
Just no.
>>
>>78488684
>sells franchise to somebody else
>whines that they don't want his shitty ideas

Lucas is a hack.
>>
>>78489021
What part of that do you disagree with that, mate?
>>
>>78489040
What were his ideas for episode 7 anyway?
>>
>>78489074
The little kiddies of the previous heroes go out on an adventure!!!!!!!!!!
>>
I just got a Kindle, /swr/, and I want to read some Star Wars stuff. I've already read A New Dawn, Aftermath, Dark Disciple, Tarkin & Lords of the Sith; so maybe some good Legends stuff is needed? Anyone got any Legends recommendations for someone who's never read anything from Legends before?
Especially interested in material that expands on existing characters, especially lesser known Jedi from Clone Wars, but willing to take any suggestions. Thanks
>>
>>78488931
You know who i feel sorry for? Jake Loyd. I mean ok he wasn't a great actor but does that mean he deserves to have angry 30 year old man children shitting on him for years over it? Even still they fuck with him over that shit. Wouldn't be surprised if he regrets taking the role.
>>
>>78489124
He was really negative about it for a while, but apparently he doesn't hold negative feelings to the franchise.

Last I saw of him was an interview from like 5 years ago where he was talking about how awesome The Old Republic looked.
>>
>>78489050
Not that anon, but I have a hard time feeling 'bad' for a billionaire whose blunders still netted him dollars galore.
>>
>>78489124
Yeah, it's kind of a given that child actors are never any good. The real fault is with Lucas. I hope Loyd gets some roles someplace that let him show if he's actually any good or not somewhere down the line.
>>
>>78488835
It's "yub nub."
>>
>>78489117

Try out Rogue/Wraith squadron. Less jedi, more swashbuckling.
>>
>>78489117
Non-SW question, but which model did you get and how is it? I'm considering grabbing one soon
>>
>>78489239
Just the basic Kindle, without "Special Offers". Literally only read a single short story on it (The Perfect Weapon), and honestly I really like it. I waste so much shelf space on Novels I read once, that it was a no-brainer to go for a Kindle when I had the disposable income.
>>
>>78489117
Thrawn trilogy, the foundation of the EU as it used to be.
>>
>>78489117
Read "Lost Stars" next
>>
>>78489185
It's both.
>>
>>78488931
>He clearly loves Star Wars, but the fans ate him alive for a decade. A decade of him non-stop giving more and more to them too.
George Lucas gets too much credit. Yeah he came up with the base concepts for New Hope. But everything else was hundreds of other people's hard work and vision. When he had other people to check him George Lucas was fine. Then he got total power over the franchise and took it in a bad direction. Fans should have ate him alive for a decade. Years of tampering with the films over and over not improving them but more toying with them so he can try out some of that crazy cg. The prequels were a good example of George Lucas with no check, no leash, from other creative minds. You end up with super melodramatic political nonsense full of plot holes.
The fans didn't screw George Lucas, George Lucas screwed George Lucas.
>>
>>78489117
Read the Thrawn trilogy. Truce at Bakura isn't bad either. Avoid the Rogue squadron books after book 2. The Han Solo books were pretty good, too, but I can't for the life of me remember what they were called.

Most of the other stuff is horrendously bad.
>>
>>78489314
So the prequels were the Attitude era?
>>
>>78489085
That sounds horrible. Thank god he is out
>>
>>78489117
Darth Bane trilogy for good sith lore
>>
>>78488684
If i were Lucas i would do Star Wars comics even if they are not Canon, cause people don't buy Canon only right?
>>
>>78489207
Ok, sounds cool, and a bit different.
>>78489271
>>78489332
Two votes for Thrawn, so I'll add it to the list.
>>78489294
Is it that good? Friend of mine said it was a kids thing, and not worth reading?
>>78489374
Love a bit of Sith, so alright!

Anybody know where I can download .mobi of these easily? I cleared myself out on the Kindle itself
>>
>>78489390
It would be a fan comic at this point. Lucas has no real connection to the franchise. So unless Disney give him a go ahead what ever he does isn't even considered Legends.
>>
>>78489427
Pick up a program called Calibre and look at the Pastebin in the OP
>>
File: 1449425808277.jpg (47KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1449425808277.jpg
47KB, 600x600px
Your favorite Jedi has to fight pic related. How fucked are they?
>>
>>78489500
My boy plo will just shoot him from his ship and go about his day
>>
>>78489314
>George Lucas gets too much credit. Yeah he came up with the base concepts for New Hope. But everything else was hundreds of other people's hard work and vision.
This. It's akin to Walt Disney getting credit for all the old films. His real input begins and ends as a high tier manager at best. Even when Lucas directed Star Wars he had a lot of help and would consult his other director friends. He was green as shit. The other original trilogy films were not only directed by other people they were also written by other people with Lucas' role being that of a story consultant.
Sometime I think it's unfair that people put him on a pedestal.
>>
>>78489500
Does he have Mary Sue Jedi learning abilities?
>>
>>78489500
I think they couyld take a kid with a plastic lightsaber
>>
>>78489427
>Is it that good? Friend of mine said it was a kids thing, and not worth reading?

It comes highly recommended in these threads and is considered one of if not the best book in Journey to the Force Awakens. I don't know why they marketed it as a YA book
>>
Anyone know where the missing Rebels comics are from the Mega? Has it just not been uploaded yet?
>>
>>78489516
I think you mean your boy Plo will get shot in his ship
>>
>>78489500
I still think that Ezras Lightsaber/Gun is the best, more useful than a normal sable
>>
Poe seems like a much better pilot than Luke. So does Rey. Luke never really did anything to show that he was more than just competent.
>>
File: images.jpg (15KB, 320x460px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15KB, 320x460px
>>78489725
Forgot pic
>>
>>78489584
Ok, I'll read that first then! Thanks anon.
>>78489448
Damn Calibre is useful. Thanks anon
>>
>>78489725
You're right m8
>>
>>78488637
It's possible that Lucas fucked up some projects, I'm not denying that, but do you seriously think some of these cases aren't just incompetent developers looking for a scapegoat?
>>
>>78488676
These threads are mostly for Disney cocksucking (you're not allowed to dislike TFA lest you are labeled a contrarian and shitposter) and shitting on the EU.
>>
>>78489117
The Thrawn Trilogy, the Darth Bane trilogy, Shatterpoint, pretty much anything by Luceno (Darth Plagueis, Labyrinth of Evil, Dark Lord), the ROTS novelization.
>>
>>78488917
I expect nothing less coming from the tripfag who defends the blu rays to death
>>
>>78489735
Ah the suckerpunch saber
>>
>>78488307
Is it me or did people really take Han's death well?
>>
>>78489735
>Worst character not only gets the force but also the best lightsaber
I hate Ezra but every Jedi/Sith should have a lightsaber like that.
>>
>>78489984
I'm OK with him dying, I'm not OK with him not even having a funeral, which even Qui-Gon fucking Jinn had. Han deserved an eulogy and shit.
>>
>>78489984
I feel like we'll get a tie-in story of Chewie and/or Leia dealing with it.
>>
>>78489984
Of course they did. It was a fairly well done it was a death with purpose it furthered characters of ren, finn , and rey. He's passed the torch to finn and rey, the new generation.
>>
File: image.jpg (115KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 720x480px
>Watch TFA
>Everything is alright but Ren is kind of a weak villain
>Takes off his mask
>Its like Max Landis doing a Vader impression
>Mfw Landis loves him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdEIzRUos4g
>>
>>78490169
My brother thought he was Andy Samberg at first.
>>
>>78488684

He looks pretty good for 70 desu. Selling Star Wars was probably a load of stress off his life.
>>
>>78490169

I thought everything was pretty meh but Ren saved the movie.
>>
File: lord_dark_helmet.jpg (19KB, 406x480px) Image search: [Google]
lord_dark_helmet.jpg
19KB, 406x480px
>>78490169
Kept reminding me of Dark Helmet
>>
has the latest Insider short story been uploaded yet?
>>
So is Star Wars Rebels anything like Clone Wars because I hated Clone Wars. I mean I HATED Clone Wars with a passion.
I've put off watching Rebels because I hated Clone Wars so much plus want to marathon it if I did decide to watch.
>>
>>78490323
kill yourself
>>
Seeing this shit again later after i watch The Hateful Eight!

>>78490169
Thought Ren was a damned good villain DESU. Dare i say he is what Anakin should have been in the prequels.
>>
why does snoke look like hes falling apart? and he looks nothing like plagueis.
>>
>>78490382
Also what id when this fucking "desu" shit?
>>
>>78490024
I think Han Solo wouldn't want something as hokey as a funeral.
>>
>>78490169
As soon as he took the mask off his character got pretty uninteresting. He looks like every angsty teenage faggot ever which might appeal to some people. Glad Rey scarred his face maybe now he won't look so unintimidating.
>>
>>78490388
One it said the dark side corrupts the body of the user after long time use and two the plagueis book is no longer canon so the only thing we have to go on is what was said in EP3. So we have no idea what his race is
>>
>>78489886
>defends the blu rays to death
Uhh, what? I dont care what version you watch anon. I dont even remember ever "defending" the Blu Rays.

Except Jedi Rocks.
>>
>>78490323
The Clone Wars was GOAT, Rebels is boring trash. You're obviously one of those retards who decided to hate it without ever even watching any episodes based simply on how everyone hated the pilot movie.
>>
>>78490323
>I mean I HATED Clone Wars with a passion.
Does not compute, did you only watch the earlier seasons?
Anyway, Rebels is a lot more normal than TCW, it's kind of a sequel to Clone wars, but most of the references/characters it uses aren't entirely needed.
Though to get an actual verdict here, you'd have to say WHY you hated The Clone Wars.
>>
>>78490388
Well, as far as I know there's no canon image of what Plagueis would look like as of right now, so that's hard to say. As far as what's up with his looks I think the only explanation was in the art book or something, it has to do with his power in the dark side being so great it's warped his physical appearance.
>>
>>78490424
Lucas go home your drunk
>>
I heard the Kenobi "Rey" the second time around. Do we know what's up with that?

I didn't hear Yoda though. What did he say?
>>
File: 1451117441520.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1451117441520.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>78490369
>>
>>78490426
I actually slept on Clone Wars too at first because of the first season. I dropped that shit and didn't come back until i happened to watch scenes from later seasons and got interested again.
>>
>>78488513
He was fucking with the developers. Aspies think this is serious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A45FQvlfU6Q

Lucas really just has a very deadpan sense of humor. What killed Lucasarts was internal turmoil that really had nothing to do with Lucas. Look at the Battlefront 3 story if you want to know what happened.
>>
>>78490323
Did you hate Clone Wars because it was set in the Prequel Era? Because if that's your reason, you may like Rebels just because of its OT aesthetics.

Hell you should try Rebels anyway, it's a completely different type of show to TCW.

Out of interest, how far into TCW did you get? I know "it gets better!" is eye-rolling when it comes to television show recommendations, but TCW really did explode in quality from Season 3 onwards.
>>
Is the UK Rebels Magazine still being made?
>>
Where does the Snoke is Plagueis thing even come from? I keep seeing it but I just don't get it.
>>
>>78489314
>George Lucas gets too much credit. Yeah he came up with the base concepts for New Hope

So just like every other major artists? Nothing is original in this world.
>>
File: Kylo_Ezra.png (375KB, 636x467px) Image search: [Google]
Kylo_Ezra.png
375KB, 636x467px
When are space Aladdin and space Mozenrath going to meet each other?
>>
>>78490418
I think that was the point. The thing with him in this movie was that he was basically just starting out as a villain, so he's neither very intimidating nor very powerful yet, and I think that's what makes him more interesting as a character since it seems we're going to follow his journey toward becoming that. The first step on his path was killing Han and completely embracing the dark side, just like Rey's first step on hers was accepting her destiny by taking the saber and beating him.
>>
>>78489984
It was a very well done scene. There's a lot of neat visual cues and POTTERY going on in it that you really notice on a second viewing

>Poe says earlier "But as long as there's light, we've still got a chance"
>Think he's talking about the weapon
>Realize later what it was actually foreshadowing
>>
>>78490503
When Ben kills him or Ezra recruits Ben to lead the knights of Ren
>>
>>78490424
>Except Jedi Rocks.
Ahahaha faggot
>>
>>78490420
he looked very human to me.
>>
Those tentacle head aliens must make really good sex slaves because they always seem to be just that.

So what do you think makes them such good sex slaves?
>>
>>78488958
Why does every reported interaction with Lucas make him sound like an actual retarded child?
Are we absolutely positive that he isn't a couple of 4 year-olds stood on each other's shoulders, masquerading as an adult?
>>
>>78490418
I prefer more complex villains that act like human beings to uninteresting goons like Maul or Grievous.
>>
>>78490481
It first came around because we knew Andy Serkis was playing a CGI character.

Muuns (Plageuis' original race, his canon race is unknown) have only been portrayed in Live-Action with CGI because of their funny-shaped heads.

Then Rey, she uses a distinctive looking staff, which some people speculated looked similar to a staff that Plaguise was depicted as using in a toy.

Then there's Star Wars' main antagonists, the Sith. Thanks to the Rule of Two, the Sith are extinct, and can only really be bullshitted back if it turns out that a thought-to-be-dead Sith returns. In Episode III, Palpatine suggests that Plageuis was close to being able to stop death entirely.

We also know Snoke is old as shit, and watched the entire events of the OT from behind the curtains.

His face is also disfigured and scarred without explanation, people speculating could be a result of when Sheev "killed" him.

The worst thing about it is TFA still didn't really explain who he is, so people are going to be speculating about this theory for the next two years at least.
>>
>>78490575
To be fair, Maul is interesting in TCW and his comic series. Movie itself though, yeah, he's kind of super lame

>>78490562
Twi'lek planet used to be poor so a lot of their economy was based around whoring themselves out
>>
>>78490562
You can squeeze their tentacles together and fuck 'em like an extra pair of titties.
>>
>>78490552
It's not that I like Jedi Rocks, I just don't think Lapti Nek is any better.

>>78490562
Basically, Ryloth is such a shithole that the only way to survive is hard labor, or being a sex worker.

To get off world, that is what you had to get good at.

But what happens to the women who make it off world? Well their only skills are in their sex appeal.

So they work in bars and cantinas and nightclubs as dancers.

And people see this, Twi'leks are seen as exotic, and beautiful. Word of mouth spreads, slavers and traders head to Ryloth to specifically buy women.

And the cycle continues.

TL;DR - Shitty planet lead to them being spread across the Galaxy with no expectations or skills other than lewd dancing and sex.
>>
>>78490561
and?
>>
>>78490597
Yes, he was better in TCW, but it's not fair to compare a TV show with 6 seasons to one movie. Kylo is already more interesting than Vader was in ANH, imo. Let's see how much he changes in the next two movies.
>>
>>78489074
The children of Luke and Leia gets caught up in the conflict of the New Republic and the Imperial Remnants, basically what we got from TFA
>>
>>78490597
Maul has 2 lines of dialogue in TPM. 2. And aside from the fact that him somehow inexplicably surviving getting cut in half being really dumb, yeah his episodes were pretty cool. Not really hard to turn a blank slate into a character though.
>>
>>78490509
When he was dragging fools across the room with the force and having rage fits that was intimidating and showed he had great control of the force.
But when the helmet came off he just looks like a petulant child which what they might be going for. Anakin was the same way.
>>
>>78490629
sounds like a great place to live.
>>
>>78490169
Anyone else notice that when ever Rey was mentioned as "a girl"/"the girl" Kylo Ren would repeat the word "girl" as if he was spilling his spaghetti?
The whole scene where he had Rey constrained hes acting like a guy who has never been around a girl his own age.
>>
>>78490644
his forehead reminds me of sheev...
>>
>>78490382
>Dare i say he is what Anakin should have been in the prequels
That's one of my favorite things about TFA. Ren has all of Anakin's flaws from the prequels, which weren't inherently bad flaws, and makes them work.
It's a really good way of acknowledging the prequel trilogy without overtly bringing it up. In fact it's handled with more nuance and respect than a lot of the legacy of the original trilogy. Plus it explains his impatience in wanting to be Vader 2.0, whilst simultaneously demonstrating to the audience just how similar to young Vader he is.

>>78490672
>The children of Luke and Leia
Eww...
>>
>>78490770
he offhandedly mentions clone tech replacing first order storm troopers to.

but yeah he does freak out over that
>>
>>78490682
He's basically an Anakin done right (and better acted. And directed)

I believe this is all the point because he wants to be Vader and he is. Just not the right one.
>>
>>78490680
>inexplicably surviving getting cut in half
>Anakin survives 4th, 5th and 6th degree burns
>gets dismembered
>the edge of a magma bank

The series is filled with this bullshit.
>>
>>78490418
Getting cut across your face by your untrained baby cousin doesn't make look like a bad ass it makes you look like a bitch.
>>
>>78490682
Kylo Ren is dangerous because he's unpredictable and aggressive. The officers clearly don't respect him at all, but they fear him and they would probably still fear him if he wouldn't wear the mask. I would rather work for Vader who might kill me if I fail at doing my job than for Kylo Ren who could kill me in a fit of rage for no reason.
>>
Why is everybody in the First Order such big screamers

Snoke: "GENERAL" "SHE RESISTED YOU!?"
Ren: "No.....RAGGGGGHHHH" "TRAIIITORRRRR"
Hux: His entire speech
>>
>>78490468
I watched season 1 and parts of two and I hated Anakin and Ahsoka first off, I didn't like the stories, didn't like the art style, didn't like the tone.
That being said there are a few episodes that I caught that weren't so bad but it was because there was no Anakin/Ahsoka nonsense, or Obi-wan being mediocre. They were episodes that involved other non movie characters at the center.
But yes I eye roll when people complain about me not liking it or say "it gets better" Not going to sit through something I don't enjoy on the hopes that it takes a sudden turn to my liking.
>>
>>78490482
>So just like every other major artists?
>artist
>implying Lucas is an artist
>>
>>78490323
As someone who also just can't get into Clone Wars no matter how much I try, watch Rebels. It's good.
>>
>>78490894
>But yes I eye roll when people complain about me not liking it or say "it gets better"
Look, pretty much everybody agrees TCW is hot garbage for like most of the first two season. Season 3 and over are the episodes people consider the god-tier part.
>>
>>78490823
unexplained daddy issues
>>
>>78490871
I guess it's just Abrams' directing style.
>>
>>78490941
For having such daddy issues he sure has plenty of daddy snark

"You're so right"
"Comfortable?"
"Your soldiers are certainly capable of committing high treason"
"The droid....stole a freighter?"
"You're my guest!"
"We're not done yet"
>>
>>78490770
You know what would have been funny during that scene. Imagine if after when Rey taunts and he takes his helmet off, he kisses her to make her shut up before finding out she's his cousin.
>>
>>78490827
But it can be used as a motivation for him to more aggressive. If you get cut on the face by some girl and left unable to do anything about it you'd be pretty dang pissed. Plus scars are cool.
>>
>>78490975
No thank you
>>
>>78490925
I don't get how something can be god-tier with that fugly art style.
>>
After how shitty Aftermath was, is anyone here going to even bother with the sequels?
>>
File: image.jpg (216KB, 1302x1650px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
216KB, 1302x1650px
>>78490826
Why is it only bad guys who get horribly disfigured in this franchise? The worse that happens to a good guy is thst they get their hand amputated.
>>
>>78491014
Because evil and ugly are synonymous, duh.
>>
TFA was great fun. I loved it. The biggest gripe I have and I see a lot of people have is Rey suddenly learning the force in a matter of minutes and trouncing someone who had years under their belt. If that scene played out with her using the force to barely evade and get in one lucky shot before having no choice but running away I would have been satisfied.
>>
>>78491007
No
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 900x470px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 900x470px
>>78491003
It would have been a great way to perverse call back to this scene.
>>
>>78490405
>funeral
>hokey
What the fuck? Have you never been to a funeral?
>>
>>78491014

Because pottery. Dark side disfigures you.
>>
>>78491052
That's shallow man, can't ugly people be heroes too.
>>
>>78491057
There were enough OT call backs in the movie. No need to go too far.
>>
>>78490656
Christ, this Disney cocksucking is astonishing. I can't wait till the ST is over just to see how you faggots claim it's better than the OT.
>>
File: MandalorianSlapOfApproval.webm (2MB, 980x417px) Image search: [Google]
MandalorianSlapOfApproval.webm
2MB, 980x417px
>>78490894
Well what if I told you you're missing out on a Mandalorian Civil War, Darth Maul returning and it actually being pretty damn good, Sheev action scenes, an arc about Order 66, an Arc about a Suicide bombing, and an arc that is literally the Vietnam War but with Clones?
>>
>>78488307
Darth Maul and Darth Talon, best friends forever.
>>
>>78491077
In a lot of media especially kid's shows ugly, gross = evil.
That's why you have bad guys in stuff eating stupid shit like garlic and sardine ice cream or something.
Also, ugly characters can be heroes too but not the main hero.
>>
>>78491119
>Darth Maul returning
>a pro
>>
>>78491110
If we are solely talking about ANH, Kylo is more interesting in his first movie than Vader. At the very least, there's a lot more basis of the eventual rivalry on a personal level between Rey and Ren than Luke and Vader, again, solely on the first movie

I don't think I've see anybody say it's better than the OT though. At least not IV and V
>>
>>78491159
it sounds bad but it was great
>>
>>78491159
For TCW yes it was.

The idea sounded retarded but what they did with him was fantastic and better than anything he got in TPM
>>
Episode 8
>Rei gets trained by Luke
>Kylo gets trained by Snoke
>Rei learns about letting go
>Kylo learns about being his own person
>the further to the dark side Kylo goes, the more disfigured he gets
>Finn trains Phasma to love again
>>
>>78491119
So how much season 1 and 2 context will I need if "If" I decide to give Season 3 a go?
>>
>>78491187
>Finn trains Phasma to love again
Fuck no. The parts of the movie on Finn's perspective needs to be him and Poe having broventures. Phasma can tail them with a squad of TRAITOR-tier troopers though.
>>
>>78488746
I want to hate the Ewoks, but I keep thinking of that one that stole the speeder bike, and that hate goes away.
>>
>>78491195
Do you have the viewing chart?
>>
>>78491223
That was literally the only scene with Ewoks I thought was okay.

When I rewatched ROTJ before TFA came out, all I could think about was how much of a mistake they were
>>
>>78491195
You can pretty much start with season 3.
>>
>>78491195
Some
I'd say it's worth biting the bullet and finishing up Season 2 before moving on the the later episodes.
Or you can check out this chart
http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
>>
>>78491209
>an entire squad of TRAITOR troopers
Please, this
>>
>>78491159
Yeah Anon. Him uniting the criminal underworld out of fear, in an attempt to become a third faction in the war, it was very entertaining stuff.

His revenge on Obi-Wan was also handled incredibly well and managed to go in a completely different direction to how people expected.

Right after Satine is executed, and you expect the typical hero's return, Obi-Wan is forced to flee, and out of fucking nowhere, Sheev shows up to slap Mauls shit instead, for breaking the Rule of Two.

Come on man, that shit was fantastic.

Freddie Prince Jr. also says that Maul Vs Pre Visla is his favorite fight in the franchise, that's gotta' count for something!

>>78491195
You could probably skip right to Season 3 with little trouble. The show had a huge budget increase there, so you'll enter the show with it looking brand new.

I can't really think of much important stuff that happened in the first 2 seasons. Ahsoka fucked up a lot, and learned some valuable life lessons. Obi-Wan has a not-girlfriend now, and she is the Dutchess of Mandalore. There's a terrorist Mandalorian group called Death Watch lurking around.

Oh and I think by this point, Boba Fett and Bossk are in prison for attempting to assassinate Mace Windu, and Aurra Sing is believed to be dead.

I think that brings you up to speed if you wanna jump right into Season 3.
>>
>>78491161
I've seen plenty of people say it's the best Star Wars movie ever made, even in professional reviews
>>
>>78491159
The writers of TCW went back took a character who had zero development in the movie and actually gave him a deserving backstory and continuation.
>>
>>78491266
I've seen it in a few reviews but not nearly enough that it's a consensus.
>>
>>78491260
>>78491119
How did this shit get past the censors?
Wasn't Clone Wars on Adult Swim for a bit?
>>
>>78489074
Darth Jar Jar reveal.

"If'n onlee yoosa be knowin' da powah of da Darka Side!"
>>
>>78491331
>How did this shit get past the censors?
Because there's no gore/blood and also it's fucking Star Wars
>>
File: Ventress2.webm (3MB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
Ventress2.webm
3MB, 1280x544px
>>78491331
Yes, after Season 3, TCW had to be pushed to a later airing time.

It was allowed because Lucas was paying shitloads of money for the show, and the show was no doubt making shitloads of money for CN, so yeah.

In some extreme cases, some stuff was censored and only kept in the Blu Ray/Netflix release.

For example, this WebM. It's actually not even close to being the most graphic thing in the show, but I guess they figured the kiss was too much.
>>
>>78491348
I know Darth Jar Jar is a bunch of goofy nonsense but it really would save that character.
>>
>>78491331
I dunno what's there so revolting that would've needed censorship, to be honest. Kylo punching his wound was more gross to me.
>>
>>78491406
It might but it would also be retarded
>>
File: PNOV.jpg (31KB, 400x280px) Image search: [Google]
PNOV.jpg
31KB, 400x280px
>>78491373
But, Star Wars is for children.
>>
>>78491451
It's the world of Star Wars.
>>
>>78491007
Yes. But I'm not paying for it.
>>
>>78488746
You know, at least having an episode of Rebels where they meet the Ewoks isn't a half-bad idea
>>
Do you think it's actually possible for the film to beat Avatar? I mean seriously
>>
>>78490318
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1shjlkl8810sj56/Star+Wars+Insider+-+January+2016.pdf
>>
>For a ten-second shot of the Falcon's Dejarik set from the very first film, they brought in Phil Tippet and Denis Murren, the original effects creators, who proceeded to go into the Lucasfilm archives, retrieve the original maquettes, take one apart to get the original metal skeleton from 1977, cast new models of the pieces, and film the chess set using the same stop-motion techniques they used more than thirty years earlier. For a ten-second Shout-Out moment when Finn accidentally activates the table.

I thought that scene was the most unneeded of all the ANH wink-wink nudge-nudges but reading this I feel a lot better about it now
>>
>>78491090
But it would've been so fucked up and hilarious.
>>
>>78490503
desu, best case scenario for Ezra is that he makes it to Luke's new Jedi academy, becomes a teacher, but gets killed by the Knights of Ren along with everyone besides Luke.
>>
>>78491561
Unneeded?
When haven't seen the Millennium Falcon in so long it was a cute call back.
>>
>>78491543
Nah
>>
Man, reading the TFA artbook has been a pretty depressing experience. It looked like such a great movie. The original Jakku was fucking great and nothing like Tatooine 2.0, but of course, since it needed some CGI to work, it got dumped because "muh practical effects". Fuck, man.
Also, interestingly enough they wanted to use Darth Talon, I wonder how that would've gone.
>>
File: starwars.webm (592KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
starwars.webm
592KB, 640x480px
>OP is canned game
funny
>>
>>78491543
It's already beating Avatar in the US. Worldwide probably not, but it's not impossible. Depends on how well it does in China.
>>
>>78491666
>they wanted to use Darth Talon
That would be sexist. It's THE CURRENT YEAR. I mean c'mon!
>>
>>78491666
Whoa what? How would they have fit Talon in?
>>
>>78491682
>having Phasma as a desktop background
What loser puts a loser as their wallpaper?
>>
>>78491715
THAT is Darth Talon?! I want more of her. WHERE DO I GET MORE
>>
>>78491666
Don't you dare mock muh practical effects Satan
We don't want another greenscreen mess like the prequels.
>>
>>78491728
They probably would've just moved her from the Legacy era to the post-ROTJ era, remember they still wanted to do away with the EU, this is just them reusing one of those de-canonized elements.
>>
File: family-11.jpg (99KB, 683x871px) Image search: [Google]
family-11.jpg
99KB, 683x871px
>>78491759
LEGACY COMICS MAH NIG
>>
>>78491666
What was Jakku originally going to be?
>>
>>78491742
some beta low test I guess
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 560x560px
>>78488307
Did anyone else think that Finn's lightsaber fights were better than Rey vs Kylo?
>>
Like Clone Wars (exept for the ''oh so funny'' droids and Jar Jar. but hey it's a kid show) and I only watched the first episode of Rebels
It was meh and stuff were just sort of happening for no reason it was all really fast.

Does it get better ?

Also is it me or the models are more cartoony and have less details compared to the ones in CW
>>
File: 2.jpg (461KB, 1333x2000px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
461KB, 1333x2000px
>>78490597
>Twi'lek planet used to be poor so a lot of their economy was based around whoring themselves out

So Space Thailand then.

Thai girls tend to have their lekku between their legs though.
>>
>>78491768
Hope remains that she'll appear again. About time a Twi'Lek got a lead role in live action somehow.
>>
>>78491780
Wut. Are these still in print? Looks pretty fine
>>
>>78491835
>jasmine
And she's got a big fat lekku at that
>>
>>78491811
I like the idea that all of the stormtroopers nearby just went "Like hell I'm shooting him, he's got a lightsaber, he's a jedi or some shit, he'll deflect it at me" when odds are he'd just cut his own head off if he tried to deflect a bolt.

The Tonfa Trooper had prepared for this moment his entire life, however.
>>
>>78491765
Fuck off, Disney shill, not all CGI is bad.
>>
>>78491835
>"You want hot fuck mistah Jedi. 500 credit you."
>>
File: Tony-Revolori-247_final.jpg (175KB, 960x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Tony-Revolori-247_final.jpg
175KB, 960x1200px
>>78490503
>>78490020
>>78490547

When they cast Tony Revolori as Ezra they can meet up.
>>
TFA was good but Rey is too fucking good at everything

Hoping she's either Revan or she falls to the Dark Side
>>
>>78491893
Snoke was pretty bad. Maz was nothing special. JJ hyped her eyes and the result was kinda meh.
>>
>>78491811
If he's trained to use one of those stun batons then it's not too surprising, the lightsaber would handle more similarly to those than a staff.
>>
>>78491893
It's not but we really don't need everybody standing in front of green screens when practical effects do still exist
>>
File: samuel-l-jackson.jpg (43KB, 690x400px) Image search: [Google]
samuel-l-jackson.jpg
43KB, 690x400px
>>78491864
>jasmine
>And she's got a big fat lekku at that

My african american brother!
>>
>>78491912
They should cast Ezra Miller as Ezra Bridger.
>>
File: 1377578903345.jpg (5KB, 116x109px) Image search: [Google]
1377578903345.jpg
5KB, 116x109px
>>78491893
I'm gonna find you boy. Take you to my club house. Then you know what shilling really is when I fill your hooha with goof juice.
>>
>>78491944

He's more twink than man.
>>
>>78491932
I don't get what everybody's deal is with Maz. I thought she was fine
>>
>>78491825
Don't bother
>>
>>78491939
Those scenes where they could have easily used a hallway with some dressing but instead used a green screen where everyone looks like they're sliding across the floor are painful to watch.
>>
>>78491966
She didn't do much and most of her scenes were cut for some reason afaik
>>
>>78491932
>Snoke was pretty bad.

Him being full CGI was a poor choice. It would have been better to go practical to match everything else.
>>
>>78491956
Which one? Bridger or Miller?
>>
>>78490871
Hux speech, although a bit over the top, was fine for me
>>
Maz was the magical negro/mammy stereotype without having to use a black person in the role.
I had flashbacks to Oracle from the Matrix.
>>
>>78492000
>most of her scenes were cut for some reason afaik

It's always for pacing.
>>
>>78492051
>Maz was the magical negro/mammy stereotype without having to use a black person in the role.
To be fair, we haven't had that movie cliche in a long time. At least not done well.
>>
>>78491561
You wanna' know the crazy thing about this?

They did stop motion for it, and yay, woohoo, looked cool, right? We can all agree on it.

But here's something I thought was quite interesting. Filoni and the TCW crew animated it too, but they opted to make it look even more jaggedly and more like the scene in ANH.

When they showed Lucas, he was confused, because figured that, with today's technology, they should have made the Chess game more fluid and smoother animated.

JJ Abrahms however, while they did use actual stop motion techniques, it looks FAR smoother than it did in ANH, and probably more akin to what Lucas was expecting from Filoni.

I'm not bashing Lucas, nor JJ or Filoni here. I just find it interesting the lengths that all of these creators go to to making something feel authentic to how it was back in 77, and each in their different ways too.

>>78491666
>The original Jakku was fucking great and nothing like Tatooine 2.0, but of course, since it needed some CGI to work, it got dumped because "muh practical effects".
Im interested, what kinda stuff?
>>
>>78492051
Maz was voiced by a black woman though.
>>
>>78491825
Lucas was fnding TCW, so it looked visually spectacular.

Lucas isn't funding Rebels, and Disney give less of a shit than he did (shocker?) so they aren't paying as much to make it look good.

The animation crew are doing the best they can with what they got.

As for does it get better, yeah, it does.

Then it gets worse again midway through Season 2.

And now better again, and Filoni is teasing Ahsoka vs Vader for this seasons finale.

So yeah.
>>
>>78492087
You know what I mean. Instead of a black actor they replaced it with a yellow alien.
>>
>>78492057
The pacing was terrible anyway, so they might as well put them in. Hell, it may have given the movie that much needed breather.
>>
>>78492051
>without having to use a black person in the role.
Haha, she was literally performed (mocap and voice) by a black woman.
>>
>>78492107
thanks i'll give it a try
>>
>>78492000
There was nothing more for her to do. Her character quintessential wise old person who is there as the spiritual guard and to give the heroes their new toy. I can't imagine what the other scenes would have that wouldn't have slowed the movie down.
>>
>>78492128
Yeah and so was Jar Jar Binks. Now imagine if his actor was the one doing all the scenes in the movie and not the CG alien.
>>
>>78492003
>implying Andy Serkis is an actual human being and not just an in-joke among CG animators
>>
>>78492212
I know what you're trying to say, but I honestly don't mind.

My father is Irish, but I wasn't offended by the Lemurs in TCW.

But hey, that's just me. Star Wars has seen a lot of controversies and accusations of racism from people being offended by stereotypes, so maybe I am in the wrong for not caring.

Only offensive thing about Maz was how boring she was.
>>
>>78492212
Jar Jar was already cringe inducing I couldn't imagine how uncomfortable it would be to see Ahmed Best cooning it up on screen.
>>
Can I just say that Kylo is the most white sounding name.
Kylo sounds like that spoiled rich kid from a prep school.
Trust fund baby silver spoon in his mouth Kylo Ren.
>>
>>78491666
>The original Jakku was fucking great and nothing like Tatooine 2.0, but of course, since it needed some CGI to work, it got dumped because "muh practical effects". Fuck, man.

Please share. What was it originally like?
>>
>>78491007
>Aftermath
is that the book with all the gay ive heard about?
>>
>>78492463
That is the least of the book's problems.
>>
I'am glad Kylo didn't loose his hand. That shit already happened two times. It would be tiring
>>
>>78492369
I assure you a lot of kids will be named Kylo and Rey in the coming years.
>>
>>78492528
A foot would have been a nice change.
>>
>>78492463
Yeah, but hat isn't the problem,Wendig more or less used them as a scapegoat for deflecting criticism of his mediocre storytelling. The man can't write for shit.
>>
>>78492487
i looked it up on the wiki and apparently this isnt just a 4chan thing, the book got mixed reviews at best and one of the most positive review said "its not Thrawn Trilogy" "but wasn't meant to be"
HA
im morbidly curious now, though do you think with all the bad press the author will try to shape up for the next book or will he double down due to stubbornness
>>
>>78491561
Not only was it unnecessary, it's a waste of Tippet
>>
>>78491007
So long as Marc Thompson narrates the audiobook we good senpai
>>
>>78492583
He's already been doubling down so I don't expect the next one to be much better
>>
>>78492565
>hat
That.
To expand on this, Wendig bit off more than he could chew and whines like a bitch when most people call him out for his subpar storytelling, also Nora.
>>
>>78492583
The author can't handle criticism and took all of it to be criticism over gay characters, even when it was nothing related to it. He already planned to focus more on the gay aspect of Sinjir, by focusing on the Empire's viewpoint on gays in Life Debt. He won't back down from it no matter what.
>>
>>78492583
>double down
He won't admit fault, and already blames others.
>>
>>78492277
>My father is Irish, but I wasn't offended by the Lemurs in TCW.
Comparing Irish to blacks is a fair parallel.
>>
>>78488307
So.... apparently pic related was supposed to be for this Darth Maul game? And that Lucas fucked everything up because he saw two figurines of those characters and said "They're friends"?
>>
>>78492736
We already had this discussions. People are just going to defend the old man and bash the developers again.
>>
>>78492778
He a good old man!
>>
Where can I get the Star Wars despecialized edition?
>>
>>78492718
Well, they were both slaves at one point.
>>
>>78492736
I was laughing my ass off when I heard that quote. It sounded like something a toddler would do.
>>
>tfw you say you liked the force awakens on /tv/
>tfw they call you a sjw kike for liking it
>tfw anons on /tv/ are starting to say the prequels are better than tfa
>>
>>78492900
This is 4chan, if it's popular, it's literally worse then Satan
>>
>>78492583
He won't admit fault, so i hope Disney uses its whip to remind him who is the master
>>
>>78492900
Don't go to /tv/ then, they are a bunch of contrarians.
>>
>>78492900
I wouldn't say the prequels as a whole were better than TFA, but at least on the same level, bias for ROTS aside.
>>
Wait a minute why the fuck did Satine abolish the army knowing it would just cause a civil war when she could have easily made the Mandalorians a mercenary force hired by the Republic in the Clone Wars (and other people in much smaller wars afterwards) and had very clear outlines saying 'no creating wars for profit, etc'?
>>
>>78492858
>How about Darth Insanius or Darth Icky?
>>
>>78492369
It's a weird name all around. I mean, he came up with it himself, but what kinda person thinks Kylo sounds remotely badass?
I mean his name isn't even Kyle, so he doesn't have the excuse of wanting to "improve" his name for his new persona (like some 13 year old playing WoW).
Darth Kylo, scourge of the classroom.

...Also, I had a good laugh thinking that his original name would've been Ben Ren until I remembered he's probably be named Solo.
>>
>>78492736
That didn't kill the game. The game was killed because of the Disney buy out. Not that Disney, or anyone necessarily, thought it was bad. It was killed for legal reasons. All projects being handled by outside companies were killed before the Disney buy out.

This is one though that Disney is apparently interested in reviving. I doubt they will make them friends though, Talon won't be in it at all in fact she's probably far to sexualized for Disney's taste and they will never re canonize her.
>>
>>78492900
/tv/ has always liked the prequels more than the OT also. Why? Because of their retarded memes. They only like things that they can turn into memes. At any rate, that's better than /v/ which hates all of Star Wars except for KotOR 2 and Republic Commando and just wants to bitch about EA.
>>
>>78492900
/tv/ is actually the worst board.
>>
>>78493004
I've had better tv discussions on /b/ than on /tv/
>>
>>78492583
Most everyone thinks the writing style is garbage. He wrote in present tense for some ungodly reason, there are sentence fragments everywhere and idioms that don't fit Star Wars. The narrative keeps flashing to completely unrelated stories that never get resolved or further explored, and a lot of them would actually be more interesting than the main story, which focuses on a hugely unlikable and forgettable cast. The author also uses many cheats in storytelling - on about three separate occasions we think one of the main characters has died only for the next chapter to begin with "lol jk". It's all around an absolute mess of storytelling and the gay relationships are not even close to being a significant aspect of this book's problems, yet the author seems to think that's the only problem people have with it.
>>
>>78492212
Ahmed Best is completely on board with his character. The Fool is not racist in itself.
>>
File: cool sheev.jpg (72KB, 880x880px) Image search: [Google]
cool sheev.jpg
72KB, 880x880px
>>78492991
I admit some of their SW memes do make me smile. Particularly the sheev spin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh3PNe9cNYA

Also I'm sure you could make some fine memes out of the OT if you tried.
>>
>>78492991
At least their bitching is within reason of their board, since EA is the last developer you want to be stuck with on games.
>>
>>78493188
They already did.

>"He was a good friend."
>>
>>78493199
They've done fine so far, Battlefront is and does exactly what it needs to and captures the feel of the films perfectly. I'm looking forward to whatever else they've got in store.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6385990

Give reasons.
>>
File: 1383083667894.jpg (20KB, 657x464px) Image search: [Google]
1383083667894.jpg
20KB, 657x464px
I feel like I should ask this in /a/ or /m/, but I think this is the best place to talk SW in the whole site.

What are, in your opinion, some very SW feeling anime guys?

The first three that come up to my mind are Gundam 0079, Cowboy Bebop, and most of all, Outlaw Star, Trigun a bit too.

Do you guys know some more?
>>
File: 1447343652845.jpg (12KB, 224x172px) Image search: [Google]
1447343652845.jpg
12KB, 224x172px
>>78493264
>http://strawpoll.me/6385990

its bad idea man, think about it, all SW discusion on the site would get redirected there, ALL OF IT.

/tv/, /m/, /co/ etc. Do you really want to be in a board where thres is /tv/ SW discussion.

Its better the way it is now
>>
>>78493264
Terrible fucking idea. I don't want to see Star Wars get turned into autism central in some cancerous separate board. These threads are already pushing it sometimes, it should not be encouraged. Also, having it be banned discussion on /co/, /tv/, and /v/ due to having its own board would be shit.
>>
>>78493266
/m/ would be more inviting.
I'm sure most of them would say Legend of the Galactic Heroes or UC Mobile Suit Gundam as UC Gundam was heavily influenced by Star Wars.
>>
>>78493254
Woah now, lets not get ahead of ourselves.

YES, Battlefront is aesthetically pleasing.

But its lacking in SO MUCH content.

And the absolute scummiest thing they have done is that they waited an entire month after releasing the Season Pass, until after the opening weekend for the new movie, to tell people that none of the DLC would be from the new movie, nor would any of it be from the Clone Wars era, despite the EA twitter account previously suggesting otherwise.

EA are fucking cunts.

The Season price is almost the same price as the game at launch, and claims to give us 16 maps in the long run. The main game launched with 12. Fucking TWELVE.

Which means they sold you the game at launch, told you about a season pass to "more than double" the content, and then waited a month, until after the new movie, to tell people that it's just going to be more Tatooine and Hoth, and nothing from other Era's.

There's not much else I can say. The game is fun, I enjoy playing it, but my god did they put the bare minimum effort into it.

>>78493264
Good idea.

Discussions can be more specific. Threads for lore, characters, eras, Canon, Legends, Books, Comics, Rebels/TCW, ect.

As is, we're all confined into this single General, because /tv/ is a shithole, and I think we have made a good job with what we have, but it could be better.

That being said, the initial /tv/-posting may ruin it entirely, so I dunno. They would no doubt be lumped in with us, and it could destroy any semblance of intelligent discussion we may have.
>>
Your Training Is Complete
by Anonymous

"There has been an awakening...can you feel it Kylo Ren?"
"I can feel it Supreme Lord Snoke!"
"Feel the emptiness inside you, a hole you can never fill, this is your Force-Hole. And only the darkness can fill your Force-Hole..."
"Yes master! I need to be seduced just like my grandfather!"
"Such fear I feel in you, let me in, let me enter you and fill your Force-Hole with Ultimate Power!"
"Uhn...uhn...uhn..."
>stares at melted grandpa mask
"That's it...fulfill your destiny!"
"...uhn...uhn...uhn...DARK SIDE!"
>>
>>78492977
Disney isn't interested so far. The developers are hoping to pitch it to them, which is a very different scenario.
>>
>>78493266
Captain Harlock
Irresponsible Captain Taylor
Super Dimension Fortress Macross
Space Battleship Yamato

>>78493345
I love LoGH but it doesn't really feel like much Star Wars, even with all the politics in the prequel era.
>>
File: Vader_SRW.png (495KB, 512x576px) Image search: [Google]
Vader_SRW.png
495KB, 512x576px
>>78493266
Gundam for sure. Trigun is more of a western that happens to take place in space, Outlaw Star was your run of the mill space adventure, and Cowboy Bebop was more a modern culture clash in space.
>>
>>78493419
They'd have to pitch it to EA, Disney isn't involved in the game development and doesn't want to be which is why they handed off the license to them in the first place.
>>
>>78493419
My dad works for Disney. They're interested, trust me :^)
>>
>>78492900
things that never happened the post
There were TCW, Rebels, Prequels, SW waifuing and husbanding tumblr style threads. What's there to not like?
>>
>>78493254
It was made for and by OTfags. They aren't adding anything Prequel or Sequel to it at all. No heroes, no maps, no nothing. If given the choice I bet they would have ignored Jakku since it's "new" but still in the end of the OT era. All they care about is getting maximum profit off SW nerds who buy anything for nostalgia reasons or because the logo is on the product. They didn't force Dice to make a good game because of it.
>>
File: darth_maul_21.jpg (176KB, 768x1000px) Image search: [Google]
darth_maul_21.jpg
176KB, 768x1000px
>>78492977
>>78493419
>>78493475
>>78493486
They already re-pitched and Disney didn't give a shit
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/12/16/darth-maul-would-have-looked-stunning-in-unreal-4.aspx?PostPageIndex=2
>>
>>78493506
You act like that's a bad thing. No playable Kylo Ren is disappointing but no prequels is good.
>>
>>78492900
>>78492900
Sounds a bit like the people here with the "Disney shill" nonsense.
>>
>>78493519
Not surprised, it just looked like a mediocre The Force Unleashed Clone with way more edgy.
>>
>>78493556
>less content is good
Yeah sure
>>
>>78493556
>but no prequels is good.
Nigga what?

We want to play as Clones, droids and fly around in PT vehicles.
>>
>>78493556
The Clone Wars era is perfect for the current video games market which is just full of never-ending war games. OTfags are the worst part of the fanbase and it's unfortunate that they are in control of all the new content for the next however many years.
>>
File: 408px-Carth.jpg (39KB, 408x600px) Image search: [Google]
408px-Carth.jpg
39KB, 408x600px
[Carth seems to have something on his mind. Maybe you should talk to him]
>>
>>78493579
>The Force Unleashed
That reminds me I bought the comic version and regret paying for it to this day.
>>
>>78493254
>Battlefront is and does exactly what it needs to and captures the feel of the films perfectly.
It has literally less content than it's predecessors
>>
>>78493556
Less content is never ok.

And are you telling me mowing down Clones as a Droideka on Utapau, or blasting droids from a LAAT at the Battle of Coruscant wouldn't have been fun as fuck to play?

Or stuff like Umbara, or Mandalore?

So much potential, thrown away because of lazy developers. The potential for fun battles is way higher when looking at Prequel Era stuff, than the OT.
>>
>>78493688
>You're literally posting in a Rebels through
>>
>>78493688
The next Marvel comic coming out is Anakin and Obi-Wan during TPM-AotC :^)
>>
>>78493688
WOAH

WE GOT OURSELVES A BIG BONGO
>>
Until told otherwise I'll assume Luke is on Kamino.
>>
>>78493264
Bad Idea, the shitposting would be horrible. /tv/ has already proved you can't have a board for Star Wars and will SHEEVEPOST and DINDU NUFFIN/REY IS A MARY SUE/GLIB FACIMILE the place into un-usability.
>>
>>78493688
You must have conveniently ignored all the references to things that came into existence in the Prequel years that was mentioned in TFA and the TFA reference books, right?

>>78493720
Does the planet even have land mass above water? I assumed it was all just water and the cities.
>>
>>78493720
That's very obviously not Kamino
>>
File: 1449879881811.jpg (129KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1449879881811.jpg
129KB, 1366x768px
>>78491765
yeah, that would be terrible, glad none of that was in the-
>>
File: Star-Wars ROTJ new cut scene.jpg (166KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Star-Wars ROTJ new cut scene.jpg
166KB, 600x400px
>>78493688
the prequels were decent mate
>>
>>78493688
Is that why there are prequel references in Rebels, TFA and the Darth Vader comic?
>>
>>78493754
>the prequels were decent mate
Whoa wait a minute, that guy is retarded but let's not get crazy
>>
File: obiwan-anakin-1.jpg (418KB, 1375x2087px) Image search: [Google]
obiwan-anakin-1.jpg
418KB, 1375x2087px
>>78493688
>>
File: greedo thumbs up.jpg (77KB, 625x266px) Image search: [Google]
greedo thumbs up.jpg
77KB, 625x266px
>>78493769
>Chechetto
>>
>>78493750
That's not the same as what they did in the prequels. Where even the floors were CG.
Just look at this shit. They stopped walking and the floor was still moving under them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nStx_RD4tx8
>>
>>78493836
Why the fuck is Yoda floating instead of walking like a normal person? What a fucking show off.
>>
>>78493765
What is actually wrong with calling them decent? Apparently anything above a 6/10 is bait.
>>
>>78493900
when i say decent i mean 5/10
>>
>>78493858
He was slowing down Obi and Mace
>>
I've only seen a few episodes of TCW so now I'm going to marathon it. Is it pretty steady in terms of quality throughout or are some seasons better than others?
>>
>>78492051
Not so much a mammy, just an old black lady. I've met actual people that Maz reminded me of
>>
>>78493900
IMDB's user ratings are more or less spot on. The OT's ratings are inflated tho.
>>
>>78493998
Generally it's like the first seasons are largely meh and then season 3+ are GOAT
>>
>>78493836
Most of the scenes blasted as MUH CGI are miniatures actually
though that one's pretty bad, yeah
>>
>>78493836
To be fair it was early 2000s CGI but then again that's a reason why they shouldn't have used it so much. Entire set pieces in most of the prequels were completely CGI and it looked terrible.
>>
>>78493998
>some seasons better than others
This, sort of, some seasons have great arcs and in the same season they have boring ones. But if you have the time to watch the whole series then I say go for it.
>>
>>78493998
There's discussion and a chart about it halfway through the thread.
>>
File: untitled.jpg (37KB, 801x135px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
37KB, 801x135px
Sometimes I forget how autistic Star Wars fans can be
>>
>>78488307
How would you fix the prequels?

Recast anakin.

One villain who actually gets development rather than Maul, Dooku, and Grevious who just kinda show up and die without doing much.

Actual Separatist victories to make them seem competent and more focus on why they wanted to leave the republic and how Sheev manipulated them

More Sheev and more Sheev/Anakin. His downfall felt to sudden to be believable we needed more of Sheev manipulating him.
>>
>>78493254
>captures the feel of the films perfectly
Why do people act like this is some big achievement? Literally every single Star Wars game aside from Super Star Wars/Star Wars Chess/etc capture the feel of the films perfectly. Battlefront 2 captures that feel just as good as the new Battlefront does.
>>
>>78494120
What? How?
>>
>>78494148
Not true at all
>>
>>78493836
>the prequels were all cgi!!!
>cherrypicks one of the only scenes that was actually entirely CGI/digital mattes

Anon, its really hard to take you seriously when you support your claim with one of the only scenes that was entirely digital. Especially when we already know that the prequels had tons of practical effects.

You also tried comparing a ship landing scene to people walking in the hallway of a massive room. If you go and look, the prequels did basically the same thing as TFA.
>>
>>78494135
Redo them without George at the wheel and a better writer.
>>
>>78493647
Hey. Hey, Carth.
Suck my dick.
>>
>>78494120
>"As we'll begin to make things right..."
Ha ha ha ha.
>>
>>78494214
Does anybody have the still of Lando in VI standing in front of the matte backdrop of the hanger? He literally casts a shadow on it.
>>
>>78494240
Close

>This will begin to make things right
>>
>>78489117

If the Kindle has cbr programs, there's a complete dark horse star wars torrent on piratebay.

I also suggest X wing series, Dark Forces trilogy, Han Solo and the Lost Legacy, Land Calrissian and the Mindharp of Sharu, Courtship of Princess Leia, Jedi Academy trilogy, and Red Harvest. Some of the lesser recommended books.
>>
>>78490871
I wish someone screencapped or webm'd the closeup on Hux looking like he's about to shed a single, stonefaced tear watching Starkiller fire
>>
>>78494135
>Episode 1 is the Attack of the Clones story but replace Dooku with Grevious
>better writing
>instead of Anakin and Padme falling in love in space italy have them fall in love while going on an adventure on Tatooine to save Anikan's mom
>Episode 2 is the story arc from The Clone Wars where Fives finds out about Order 66
>don't explain what Order 66 is until the end of the movie
>have the movie end with Fives trying to tell the Jedi Council about Order 66 but Palpatine gives the order and he attacks them instead, the council thinks Fives went crazy and kills him
>have a part of Episode 2 be Anakin coming back from the Clone Wars after having fought in them for a few years. Anakin goes to see Padme and finds out she had a kid with Anakin while he was gone. Have a scene where Anakin meets a little girl Leia and gets emotional because he can't tell her he's her dad.
>Anakin fights Grevious and ends up getting heavily injured and needing a kind of proto bottom to his Darth Vader mask
>Have Episode 3 be mostly the same except Padme is now pregnant with Luke and at the end of the movie the same thing happens where little girl Leia goes to Bail and baby Luke goes to Owen.
>have a part in Episode 3 where Anakin meets Leia again but this time she's scared of his mask thing and this pisses Anakin off
>in general make it where as the Clone Wars went on Anakin ended up taking more and more risks and doing some terrible things for victories like destroying a planet's atmosphere so the Seperatists can't get resources from the planet while killing all the innocents on the planet
>>
File: 1451331230462.png (1MB, 1363x583px) Image search: [Google]
1451331230462.png
1MB, 1363x583px
>>78494444
>>
Since this is the umbrella Star Wars thread and not a Star Wars Rebels thread

>favorite scene
Battle outside orange grandma's cantina with that one stormtrooper

>runner up
Opening sequence at not-Tatooine

>least favorite scene
Running from CGI cthulhus in Han's freighter
>>
>>78494272
Right. Let's just say that the version I saw had bad audio.
>>
>>78493812
how did did greedo's hands fit in those gloves
>>
>>78493769
i hope this is good
>>
>>78493754
>People hate this Change

Makes more sense then the random fat guy who never Existed

(Episodes 1 and 3 were good, AOTC was pure shit for the most part)
>>
>>78494522
>Running from CGI cthulhus in Han's freighter
I've not heard anybody mention that scene when talking about the film but it struck me as a very odd choice to keep in the movie.
It was just really forgettable and I din't really remember it serving any purpose and for all the talk of TFA capturing the original feel of SW, that scene felt very out of place in a SW movie to me.
I get that the only reason it existed was so Abrams could have the guys from The Raid in his movie, because he really liked that film, but what's the point if you aren't even having them do kung fu?
>>
>>78494668
>AOTC was pure shit for the most part
rewatched it recently. Obi Wan parts were pure gold. Teenage romance should've been more subtle, yeah.
>>
>>78494327
Awesome, I'll look into those! And no, my Kindle is just a book kindle not a tablet
>>
>>78494709
I took it as an homage to how Lucas would usually have giant alien monsters for no reason in Star Wars. And to show what Han was doing
>>
>>78494501
This is shit anon, like awful.

>Skywalker twins not twins.
>>
>>78494668
>People hate this Change
Well Vader's actor should at least get a scene where he doesn't look fucked. Also, why wasn't Obi-Wan Ewan?

>>78494739
Real problem with AOTC is that it's fine when it focuses on Obi but it has to keep jumping back to Anakin which is boring as fuck
>>
>>78494668
>>People hate this Change
it was actually refreshing to see, and it does make sense
>>
>>78494743
>>78494327
If anybody else has anything they particularly recommend from the legends stuff - particularly Leia-focussed stories - feel free to keep recommending me
>>
>>78494843
>Also, why wasn't Obi-Wan Ewan?
"Anakin" as a light side user died in ROTS, that's why he shows up as the ghost instead of the Vader we saw in ROTJ.
No Ewan because Obi-Wan died as Guinness while still being on the light side.
>>
>>78491939
Id rather have locales that look like alien planets, and big amazing structures thank you
>>
>>78490444
I checked em _4_ you
>>
>>78494739
You know what your rightt, When Obi Wan, Jango , and Dooku are on screen its petty good,
>>
>>78494937
There is literally nothing wrong with how Jakku looks
>>
>>78494931
This.
>>
>>78494931
Except it ruins the idea that Vader returned to the Light in his last moments. Really the scene didn't need to be changed at all
>>
>>78494993
Dooku does jack shit in the movie though.

I really don't know why anybody thinks Dooku was good in the movies. Dooku is great in anything that wasn't the movies.
>>
File: ITW2_Tipoca_City.jpg (743KB, 1528x984px) Image search: [Google]
ITW2_Tipoca_City.jpg
743KB, 1528x984px
>>78495017
It's just a desert, nothing unique or spectacular about it other then the or right CGI death stars dotting the landscape.

Kamino is my favorite planet weve seen in the films
>>
>>78494931
Anakin was already a shithead before ROTS.
>>
>>78495043
All he did was step away from the dark side in his last moments. I doubt that's enough time to completely revert to being a good light side user.
>>
When's Rebels back on from hiatus?
>>
>>78494709
I think they wanted to show Han being a scoundrel, but the bad CGI monsters were forgettable and looked like a 40 degree day nobody got nothin to say about a 40 degree day . Plus the people he was stealing from just sort of stood there not really doing anything. That's really the entire thing, just three groups of people standing there shouting at each other from at the ends of the hallway.

I guess that was the whole Greedo sequence but I guess they couldn't do complicated blocking or screen business because Harrison Ford can't move around very much.
>>
>>78490907
>implying you arent a mindless shitposter
>>
>>78495064
Kicks Obiwan and anikens ass, and has good presence, he was underused but to say he did nothing is false
>>
>>78495076
I'd say living on a junk planet that thrives on the scraps of an unseen war from the past is pretty interesting

(Also you meant Star Destroyers)
>>
>>78495087
Only good guys get to come back as force ghosts.
>>
>>78495064
The same thing why Poe was good. Barely in the movie yet carried by the actor's charisma.
>>
>>78495081
He had flaws but he was a good man.
>>
>>78495081
"shithead" doesn't directly result in dark side, though. He was with the light side up until Palpatine fried Windu, even though his belief in it was wavering for a time before that.
>>
>>78495043
No it doesn't it enhances it, by rejecting the dark he was healed to when he was a good man.
>>
>>78495119
>Kicks Obiwan and anikens ass
In literally the worst fight in the entire SW universe

>and has good presence
I'd akin that to his actor than his character

Let's go through literally everything Dooku does

-Not show up until about an hour into the movie
-Be in a meeting
-Taunt Obi
-Watch monsters try to eat Jedi
-Fight Obi and Anakin in, again, the worst fucking fight ever
-Fight Yoda and then run
-Talk to Sidious
-Fight Anakin and Obi again except this time gets decapitated

Really not that impressive
>>
>>78495101
>muh papa Lucas
>>
>>78495092
Somewhere in January, maybe.
>>
>>78495142
Poe actually had chemistry with other characters and got to actually do things that mattered. His character is the compliment to the actor because it stands out due to his attitude and likablity
>>
>>78495189
I get the feeling we are supposed to be impressed with Dooku simply because he is the leader of the "enemy" side of the war, while being able to pull off the secret plot of the century with Sidious.
>>
>>78495076
>death stars

1/10
>>
>>78495189
>In literally the worst fight in the entire SW universe

That's not obiwan and Vader on the death star Anon

inb4 muh emotionnnsss

>I'd akin that to his actor than his character
The Actor makes the character anon

I didn't say dooku carried the movie i said his parts were good which they were there just weren't a ton of them.

i can say the same about Tarkin
>>
>>78495286
>inb4 muh emotionnnsss
But that's a legit argument for it.

I mean I'm not saying it doesn't look arguably pretty bad but that fight wasn't about choreography
>>
>>78495205
>in a star wars thread
>hating it's creator

lol
>>
>>78495347
You can appreciate the creation and dislike the man you know.

I do it with Japan all the time
>>
>>78495347
Entire franchises can be a lot better and more likable than their singular creator.
>>
>>78495354
>desire to know more
>>
>>78488307
>that op pic
are they friends?
>>
>>78494501
No
>>
>>78495347
Nigga plenty of people despise Alan Moore but love Watchmen.
>>
>>78495403
Yeah, they become acquainted through Darth Icky. He was a good friend.
>>
>>78495403
Oh they're friends, they're friends alright
>>
>>78494120
>>78494172
>>78494240
>>78494272
>>78494539

Directors are infamous for the first image and/or line of dialog from a film being a subtle statement about the movie.

While not all of them observe it, the first line of Force Awakens is absolutely a jab at Lucas.
>>
>>78495347
I believe an anon pointed it out earlier that too many people put Lucas on a pedestal. You are one of those people.
>>
Carrie Fisher's daughter is a qt
>>
>>78495433
did they hang out with the original bounty hunter that totally wasn't boba fett?
>>
So we're all in agreement that Babby Rey accidentally destroyed the Jedi Temple with a Force Bomb, and Kylo and his men took the rep for it?
>>
>>78495465
Watch Scream Queens. qtpa2t
>>
>>78495486
I seriously doubt this
>>
>>78494120
I didn´t think of that, but I am convinced the exchange between Leia and Han was a nod to the fans.
>>
>>78495486
That would be some kind of twist

>Luke looks at Rey like that at the end of the movie because he's thinking "OhfuckohfuckwhydidsheleaveJakkufuck"
>>
>>78491488
No it's not
>>
>>78495590
As a whole, Star Wars is for children. There are certain parts of it that most definitely aren't for children, sure, but that doesn't change it's core intended fanbase.
>>
>>78495442
I don't think JJ has the balls.
>>
>>78495590
>this is what nerds truly believe
>>
>>78495442
Yep, here's the autist.
>>
>>78495590
>Being this deluded
>>
File: LU9ge.jpg (187KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
LU9ge.jpg
187KB, 1280x853px
>>78495590
Right it's for mature adults.
>>
>>78491488
No, it's not for children.

It's for manchildren because it was created by a manchild.
>>
>>78494709
The gangs informed the First Order that Han had BB-8. They already knew that he was on board the Falcon or a similar ship, so the only real purpose it served was telling Kylo that Han was involved.
>>
File: 1450932397476.jpg (736KB, 2075x1425px) Image search: [Google]
1450932397476.jpg
736KB, 2075x1425px
Damn Mark
>>
>>78495799

I seriously hope that if the producers do decide to kill Luke, it doesn't happen till IX, cause Mark looks great and I want him around for a while
>>
>>78495799
If only Carrie Fisher could unJUST herself
>>
>>78495189
Lucas really fucked up by not introducing Dooku in the first movie. His reveal has no weight because you have no idea who he is.
>>
>>78495799
>came back as the Joker, the Trickster and Luke all in one year
Hell of a comeback
>>
>>78489500

Light-side Revan would levitate him with the force and then pull him towards his saber.
>>
>>78495799
>He finally has the confidence to make his Twitter picture his real life self
And here I thought it'd be his Simpsons' self forever.
>>
>>78495845
She's turned into that aunt who says outlandish shit and knows no one will call her on it.
>>
File: tumblr_nzkhb7Ig6x1qa3emao4_250.gif (1007KB, 245x230px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzkhb7Ig6x1qa3emao4_250.gif
1007KB, 245x230px
>>78495672
>Yep, here's the autist.

It's basic film study, dude.

Do you know how many movies open with a shot of the ocean, or an eye opening, or on a door? It's a lot. It's a tool on the toolbelt of even the most incompetent director.
>>
>>78495893
autism
>>
>>78495845
Unfortunately, Carrie took all the drugs

She took ALL the drugs. And that's terrible
>>
>>78495888
Yea she's cool but she's aged like milk
>>
>>78495893
What you call a tool is actually called a cliche.
Incompetent and new directors/writers use it as a crutch for not having a creative way to open their film.
>>
>>78495941
>Cool
Yeah you're the type of person I'd probably never want to be around if you think Carrie Fisher being a crass mouthy cunt is cool.
>>
>>78495985
OK then
>>
>>78495845
Harrison Ford was always a grumpy, and Carrie was always opinionated, thank god Mark Hamil is still a sweet guy.
>>
>>78495799
Why is he so handsome guys?

>>78496017
Harrison Ford is grumpy in that "cool old grandpa" way though
>>
>>78495799
Mark willingly lost weight to reprise his role no one blinked an eye.
Carrie went to the media because they ask her to lose a few everyone made a ruckus.
Amazing.
>>
File: jerkoff.gif (430KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
jerkoff.gif
430KB, 500x278px
>>78495916
>autism

If you use a word to describe what you don't like rather than what the word means, it just become another buzzword.
>>
>>78496052
>>78496017
I never get why he's so grumpy when all he does is smoke weed. Isn't that shit suppose to mellow you out?
>>
>>78495799

hope this means we'll see him fight like a Jedi Master
>>
>>78495845
Shouldn't have been in the movie.
>>
Best Legends Novels. Hit me /swr/
>>
>>78496088
All of Harrison Fords money from The Force Awakens will go to his pot addiction.
>>
>>78496067
Wasn't Fisher's tantrum about how everyone talked about her weight loss while no one cared about Mark's?
>>
>>78491331

There's an episode where a Mon Calamari shoots a bad guy with an injection knife that causes his body to explode and, on screen, you see the decapitated head float down slowly across the screen.
>>
>>78495633
He's been making jabs at Lucas in interviews for a while now
>>
>>78496212
Snoke weed everyday
>>
File: 1441752858641.jpg (35KB, 357x500px) Image search: [Google]
1441752858641.jpg
35KB, 357x500px
Ok guys, post yfw Mark Hamill fixing himself for the sequel trilogy
>>
>>78496194
Darth Plagiues
Thrawn Trilogy
A Practical Man
Republic Commandos
The Bounty hunter wars
>>
>>78496067
>>78496218
Yeah, Carrie was perfectly fine with losing the weight as she knew that she'd just look ridiculous in the movie otherwise.
>>
>>78496083
Shut up you autistic SJW tumblr cukc redditor fedora
>>
>>78488684
Did Lucas say "Fuck"?
>>
>>78495043
If he was truly represented as he was in his last moments, he would have spawned with no limbs or eyebrows.
>>
>>78492935
And /co/ isnt? Maybe not as bad but still...
>>
>>78496358
You forgot gamergate. People use that as a insult too.
>>
>>78496358
Call him a nerfherder
>>
>>78496368
He said muck
>>
>>78493254
If battlefront only cost $40 on launch I'd absolutely agree with you.
>>
File: kylo-ren-header.jpg (48KB, 640x379px) Image search: [Google]
kylo-ren-header.jpg
48KB, 640x379px
I don't know why but some reason I thought Kylo Ren punching his wound was really cool.
>>
>>78496392
>>78496423
Don't tell me what to do you patreon!
>>
>>78496479
I think he was trying to stop the bleeding.
>>
So EA is apparently asking fans through an exclusive survey if Clone Wars and Ground-To-Space is still wanted for future Battlefront games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-3QvieczLQ

Gee, I wonder if this should have been something they did for the first game?

HMMMMMMM.....
>>
>>78496500
I know this indiegogo motherfucker did not just call me that
>>
>>78496389
Both /tv/ and this thread acknowledges the movie has flaws, dunno what anon meant under contrarian tho.
>>
>>78496506
But space battles aren't fun, who would want those?
>>
>>78496506
That sounds like fun.
You wouldn't want fun, would you?
>>
>>78496501
That's not how you stop bleeding

He was clearly using the pain to stay conscious/feed on it to give him more anger

>>78496506
WHAT A SHOCK
>>
>>78496555
I'm allergic to it
>>
>>78496538
>>78496555
Getting some mixed messages here
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (82KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
82KB, 512x288px
So, which are your final thoughts overall.
1st. Revenge of the sith
2st. The force awakens
3st. Return of the jedi
4st. Empire strikes back
5st. A new hope
>>
>>78496501
Dark Side feeds on pain.
>>
>>78496590
The first post is a troll, parroting what Dice said about the inclusion of space battles in Battlefront.
>>
>>78496637
TFA blows them all out of the water, especially the shitty prequels
>>
>>78496590
They're making a sarcastic reference to the Dice interview from way back in like April this year.

Where they were asked about why there was no Space Battles, and various other things that were in the older games.

And they didn't really give any answer other than "it's not fun", which just means they were too lazy to do it and make it fun.
>>
>>78496637
ANH>ROTS>TFA>ESB>TPM>ROTJ>AOTC
>>
>>78496637
ANH>ESB>TFA>TotJ>RotS>TPM>Aotc
>>
>>78494507
Not during the speech, anon, right after it. When everyone's gazing at the Starkiller's firing its main weapon. It's a moment of stunned silence made almost comical as it moves to Hux's stone faced, almost proud scowl on the verge of tears
>>
>>78495799
I was surprised how good he looked in the movie. I like the beard.
>>
>>78496687
>putting any of the prequels above OT movies
People like you need to be dragged out into the streets and shot
>>
>>78496661
Epic meme Brah!
>>
>>78496725
Kiss the blackest part of my ass 80's fag
>>
>>78496637
>Best Tier
Empire Strikes Back

>Great tier
A New Hope

>very good tier
Return of the Jedi

>alright tier
The Force Awakens

>Watchable tier
Revenge of the Sith

>There were neat parts and ideas tier
Phantom Menace

>Shit tier
Attack of the Clones
>>
Anyone remember a year and a half ago when people were sure that Avengers 2 would rival or even exceed TFA's box office totals?
>>
Non-autistic chart
1=2=3=4=5=6>7
>>
>>78496782
Hell I remember when people talked about AoU beating the first movie's numbers
>>
>>78496782
Yeah, I remember one anon loudly shitposting in this thread that the huge Disney stock increase when the TFA trailer went up was actually because people were excited for Avengers 2, or some shit.
>>
>>78496823
Putting prequels above 7 is the definition of autism
>>
>>78496851
Seems like your the autist here.
>>
>>78496194
Kenobi
>>
>>78496823
I can't decided if this is b8, you're a contrarian or you're just an idiot.
>>
>>78496894
Let's see your opinion so I could say what a big retard you are
>>
>>78496823
no portions/10
>>
>>78496894
or its just an oppinion.
>>
>>78496479
That was pretty neat a detail for them to use.
>>
>>78496937
So he's an idiot.
>>
>>78496637
5/6>7>4>1>3>2

The only answer desu senpai.
>>
File: a5bSTvu.jpg (648KB, 2448x1836px) Image search: [Google]
a5bSTvu.jpg
648KB, 2448x1836px
So, what are your thoughts on the machete order?
Completely unnecessary? Or enhances the viewing experience?
>>
>>78496770
Most accurate ranking

it's probably gonna end up the same way with this entire trilogy, it'll be better than the prequels but below the OT
>>
5 > 3 = 7 > 6 > 1 > 2 = 4
>>
>>78496894
I don't think you know what contrarian means or maybe you don't know what context to use it in.
>>
>>78496945
It was a nice touch. Wouldn't be surprised if it was Driver's improvisation. He's a good actor and Kylo is the most interesting character right now.
>>
>>78496241
King Li Char is my husbando
>>
>>78496968
I think if your intention is to watch the movies as a singular saga you need to watch all of them for the full picture, viewing the worse movies as just weaker parts of a good story
>>
>>78496986
>7 above any of the OT
Retard/contrarian/idiot
>>
>>78496986
7/10
>>
File: 1443070203921.png (636KB, 624x696px) Image search: [Google]
1443070203921.png
636KB, 624x696px
>>78496962

>putting 1 over 3
>>
>>78496968
I actually think its makes the viewing experience worse.

Ive explained before, but im busy, but tldr - I managed to actually try it out with someone who had never seen ANY of the movies, and one of the biggest criticisms from them was that we didn't just watch it in order.

I can go more in depth if you want, such as why it doesn't actually protect the Vader reveal, and such.
>>
>>78496993
As much shit as the spergs on /tv/ give him, I was thoroughly impressed with Driver throughout the film and can hardly wait to see him rock ass in the next one. Tbf, there wasn't anyone who was grievously (no pun intended) disappointing albeit some seemed to be underused, like Phasma and Dameron. Really hoping the follow-up directors correct the oversights.
>>
File: 1451160989959.png (389KB, 657x958px) Image search: [Google]
1451160989959.png
389KB, 657x958px
>>78497066
>People Think ESB is the best
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 345x260px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 345x260px
>>78490323
>I hated clone wars
I don't understand. Is this /tv/ or just bad taste? Clone wars had something for everyone in one episode or another. I-I don't, how? This is like squidward and krabby patties, no one can resist the allure of TCW!
>>
File: jj-abrams-portrait_2800101b.jpg (46KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
jj-abrams-portrait_2800101b.jpg
46KB, 620x387px
Do you guys think JJ Abrams ever had dreams of being a great auteur?

Do you think the fact that he's nothing but a trained corporate monkey tears him up inside? Or does he truly believe he's making great art/quality entertainment?
>>
>>78497134
Top 5 Clone wars Arcs go.

Mine are

Maul and the Mandos
Maul and the mandos
Ob wan under cover
Umbara
and the padawan arc
>>
>>78497135
If he sheds any tears over it, I'm sure he dries them with huge stacks of $100s so as to avoid damaging his tear ducts with irritants.
>>
File: 1446129438034.jpg (7KB, 200x131px) Image search: [Google]
1446129438034.jpg
7KB, 200x131px
>>78497123

>People think ESB isn't GOAT
>>
>>78497042
There is literally nothing wrong with thinking 7 is equal to or better than 6
>>
>>78497192
Good Beginning, Great Ending

Nothing but filler in between.
>>
>>78497123
Thinking ESB isn't the best or at least second best to ANH is the obvious contrarian answer. Mainly because nobody ever justifies it
>>
>>78497192
>a grimdark sequel to a light hearted fairy tale
>solely responsible for making Star Wars the Skywalker family drama
Nah
>>
>>78497204
Rey's Bullshit
How it shamelessly rips off ANH
How it rushes through the entire plot and developments.

I don't think ESB is the best, but TFA is barley in the top 5
>>
>>78497172

Order 66 Arc
Umbara
Ahsoka's Final Arc
Maul's Empire

The last arc is harder. Im torn between Malovence/Younglings/Bounty Hunters/Ryloth/Zillo Beast, fuck theres so many good ones I've probably forgotten some.
>>
>>78497215
>Nothing but filler in between.
I've seen this opinion before, probably from you. How the fuck is anything having to do with Yoda filler? What exactly do you think this movie was about to the mythos? Just Luke fighting Vader?
>>
>>78497134
I'm watching the show right now. The thing is that it has really high points, but also its fair share of stinkers.

When I realized the killer virus episode was a two parter I lost my will to keep watching for a while.
>>
>>78491488
>the man who got TCW on air and was the creative lead for a moajority of its production
It's for everyone, anon. Young or old. That's always been the point. You've forgotten the old ways. You dishonor yourself with this post, commit sudoku.
>>
>>78488684
>it's a soap opera
I hate when people use this as a comparison or a knock on something.
And the worst part is the people who say it have never really watched a soap opera. The cliche idea about a soap opera is melodrama but that's not what they are.
Literal jack shit happens in a soap opera. At least in the US ones. I've seen my fair share. And it's mostly dialogue about nothing in particular, no advancing in the story, and the super rare wacky story line. The fact Lucas says this bothers me. I know Star Wars isn't fucking Macbeth but it sure isn't a soap opera.
>>
>>78497243
>I don't think ESB is the best
See this is how I know you're trolling

>>78497235
>a grimdark sequel to a light hearted fairy tale
TESB has a shitload of humor though
>>
>>78497232

see >>78497215

Instead of just having Han and Leia puts around int he falcon they should of actually been doing some thing, maybe use those bounty hunters they went through the time and trouble of introducing, but nah lets just sit in a cave for 20 minutes while luke caries yoda on his back
>>
>>78490942
Have you ever seen Lost?
>>
>>78496637
Empire>Star Wars>Jedi>Force=Sith>Clones>Menace
>>
>>78497285
>Instead of just having Han and Leia puts around int he falcon
They were literally being chased by the Empire in the whole movie
>>
File: IMG_3050.png (124KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3050.png
124KB, 1536x2048px
>>78496506
They are indeed.
>>
>>78497315
Yes and that chasing was shown by them Sitting around
>>
>>78497215
Dat 180 turn by Lando happening within minutes. Made me shake my head, to be honest.
>>
>>78496968
Anyone who tells you to watch the movies in machete order is too far gone. They're past the point of being a healthy minded fan.
>>
File: 1444650650833.jpg (334KB, 666x949px) Image search: [Google]
1444650650833.jpg
334KB, 666x949px
>>78497313

V>IV>>>>>VII=VI>>III>>>>>>>>>>>>>I>>II

any other opinions are retards or trolls
>>
>>78497327
>Battlefront 2 had literally all of that stuff, and they're making us pick-and-choose in the hopes that SOME of it might be in a sequel.
Man, do ya'll see something wrong with this? Because I do.
>>
>>78497362
I'm neither so fuck off.
>>
>>78497327
>making a survey for those things
>not realizing all those things are necessary for a GOAT SW game

man, fuck EA so much
>>
>>78496968
It's impractical and doesn't actually help the experience. Not only does it go out of its way to keep the Vader reveal a surprise despite people who have never seen the movies already knowing the surprise thanks to pop culture saturation, but you then take a four hour flashback before the cliffhanger of ESB is resolved.

Proponents of machete order have never actually tried it but continue pushing it because it looks good on paper and removes the least popular movie.
>>
>>78497370
It's a load of bullshit. And I'm SHOCKED that they aren't even planning to give us a TFA Stormtrooper skin.
>>
>>78497370
>Man, do ya'll see something wrong with this? Because I do.
If by "something wrong" you mean "EA being themselves" then sure
>>
>>78497370
But they have to spend all that money and time on increasing the polycount and texture resolution of the third Tatooine map. Why would Anyone want anything interesting in place of that?
>>
>>78496637
>God Tier
The Empire Strikes Back

>Great Tier
A New Hope
The Force Awakens

>Good Tier
Return of the Jedi

>Decent Tier
Revenge of the Sith

>Shit Tier
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
>>
II>III>I>V>IV>VI>Insurrection>First Contact>Generations>Nemesis>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Into Darkness>Reboot
>>
File: 1450760346625.jpg (62KB, 436x425px) Image search: [Google]
1450760346625.jpg
62KB, 436x425px
>>78497424
>Great Tier
>The Force Awakens

This thread has been on point with the jokes lately.
>>
>>78497378
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a_3wQHcm_Y
>>
>>78497454
It's a great movie with likeable new characters. Why are you so bitter?
>>
>>78497135
He probably hopes people believe he is but deep down he knows he's built his career on aping Spielberg's style. Even TFA has a lot of techniques that are staples of Spielberg's style. He has no voice of his own as a director.
>>
>>78497482
Did you leave your brain on the pop corn stand?
>>
>>78497454
There's nothing wrong with it
>>
>>78495347

Frank Miller is a piece of shit. I still like Sin City
>>
>>78497482
Who is bitter? The movie sucks.
>>
>>78497135
I think he's pretty happy since everyone but a bunch of neckbearded losers loves his new Star Wars movie.
>>
>>78497476
Nice response reddit.
>>
>>78497243
Rey's sudden mastery of the force is bullshit.
I wouldn't call it a rip off of A New Hope as it is a homage. It' sort of a history repeating it's self tale.
You say it's rushed I say it was the perfect pacing for a story where they had to get a thing to the right hands. Better to be quick than slow down or come to a complete start in the middle.
>>
>>78494739
Posts like this show no one who thinks 1-3 are terrible have seen it recently. Human memory is about as stable as /sand/, and manipulated just as easily. I thought a terribly shitty scene was actually real, but it was a shitty joke id forgotten, and I'd projected it into episode 2. This was years ago. I rewatched the movies and realized I'd actually forgotten 1/2 of what happened, and replaced most of that with /opinions/. And what's worse, I haven't watched 1-3 in at least 18 months, and now I need to track down an easy cheap way to watch them so I don't look like a fuckwit.
>>
File: 1383200935328.jpg (40KB, 514x459px) Image search: [Google]
1383200935328.jpg
40KB, 514x459px
>>78497529

anon plz
>>
>>78497494
>>78497515
I bet your favorite movie is Attack of the Clones, am I right you stupid contrarian faggot?
>>
>>78497559
I don't respond to idiots
>>
>>78497528
The actual film critics are starting to grow some backbone though. The honeymoon is over, and people are starting to really give some thought to their opinions on the movie.

That's not good news for him.
>>
File: 1303344186598.jpg (14KB, 359x300px) Image search: [Google]
1303344186598.jpg
14KB, 359x300px
>>78497447
You think you're real slick huh boy
>>
File: 1294591932070.jpg (905KB, 1944x2880px) Image search: [Google]
1294591932070.jpg
905KB, 1944x2880px
>>78497559
No, it's Empire Strikes Back.
>>
>>78497532
>Posts like this show no one who thinks 1-3 are terrible have seen it recently.
Jokes on you. I watched all the movies again before VII came out. I still hate I and II a lot (actually I realized II is unbelievably fucking boring unless Obi-Wan's there). I did start thinking III is actually kind of not as shit though
>>
>>78497531
> it is a homage

They find Not r2 after he gets seperated from his master on not tatoonie, while being chase by not vader and not tarkin, who blow up not alderaan with the not deathstar, when they infiltrate the death start, the protagonist loose their not obi wan, who has a mysterious connection to not vader, who is being controled by the Not emperor. then Bot rouge squadron leads an attack on the not death star complete with a forced as fuck trench run.
>>
>>78497588
>The actual film critics are starting to grow some backbone though
Didn't the Top Critics percentage get higher than the first week?
>>
>>78497532
>Implying i don't watch all them regularly.
>>
>>78497235
Holy shit it's like I'm in 1981
>>
>>78497622
What is wrong with your spelling?
>>
File: 1451340519667.jpg (84KB, 590x787px) Image search: [Google]
1451340519667.jpg
84KB, 590x787px
What TFA did right is referencing (parts from) my favorite video game
>>
The Force Awakens was a very entertaining movie and JJ Abrams saved this franchise. I don't get why everyone tries so hard to shit on this good movie.
>>
File: image.jpg (122KB, 502x282px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122KB, 502x282px
>>78497447
>being a trekkie
>>
I just watched the CinemaSin prequel videos because I can't be assed to sit through hours and hours dog shit. I can watch the original trilogy to the cows come home but none of that special edition shit. No thanks.
>>
>>78497661
Videogames are shit anon, don't involve the movies with them
>>
>>78497666
>JJ Abrams saved this franchise.

It's star wars it doesn't need saving, there is no way any Star wars movie can fail
>>
>>78497666
They're just angry that TFA actually feels like the first installment of a trilogy instead of like a standalone the way ANH did, so they have blue balls for the next four years before they get their nut off.
>>
>>78497666
Just leave them be, just because it is doing well they want to say its shit
>>
File: 1446569643396.jpg (106KB, 685x600px) Image search: [Google]
1446569643396.jpg
106KB, 685x600px
>>78497682

watch the anti-cheese edits on youtube, except the one for 3 since it ruins one of the best scenes, pic related.

I was pleasantly surprised at how watchable they made the PT.
>>
>>78497682
autisim in physical form.
>>
File: tomoka-nakagawa-picture-7.jpg (82KB, 590x225px) Image search: [Google]
tomoka-nakagawa-picture-7.jpg
82KB, 590x225px
>>78497678
>not being a Trekkie
>>
>>78491406
i really actuall want darth jar jar to be true, only because the idea of a gungan with a lightsaber doing some space drunken-master shit would have been fucking amazing. jar jar put palpatine in power, jar jar played everyone
>>
File: VERY_NASTY.jpg (83KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
VERY_NASTY.jpg
83KB, 1000x800px
>>78497694
Don't tell me what to do, master shitposter
>>
>>78497682
>watching a biased opinion piece instead of the actual movies
Way to form your own opinion, moron.
>>
>>78496637
Empire>ANH=Jedi=TFA>Sith>Phantom Menace>Clones
>>
>>78497723
I like PT but how was the AOTC one, what did they change there?
>>
Things I realized from rewatching all the films before TFA came out

ANH: The whole "it's so dense, there's so much going on" that Lucas tried to pull with the prequels, he was already doing in those early movies. His directing really was fine and it just made me loath what I was going to eventually start watching again. Also Luke is kind of a bitch. This really runs in the family

TESB: It's actually a lot funnier than I remember

ROTJ: I always hated Ewoks but I didn't know why I hated them. Now I just realize it was all a fucking mistake. You could have removed them from the movie and have the Rebels come up with those traps using ingeniuity

TPM: I only liked podracing and the lightsaber fight.

AOTC: It's all shit. It is so fucking boring. I cannot stand the movie unless Ewan is on-screen doing Obi-Wan things

ROTS: You know, this is actually rewatchable but my god, the acting in some parts are actually at their worst here. Also, I skipped through most of the lightsaber fight because I started getting that feeling I got in the theater when I saw this in that "holy shit this is taking way too long"
>>
File: Mia_CanSeeCanDo.jpg (412KB, 1200x700px) Image search: [Google]
Mia_CanSeeCanDo.jpg
412KB, 1200x700px
Dream Star Wars game gogogogo
>Ultima Underworld/System shock 2 ripoff where you are on a remote icy wasteland's spaceport when suddenly the Empire swoops down and starts fucking up the place, Thing is, is the Hutts have a stake in the area to as well as the city/station's fiercely independent baron administrator. You start out as some customized bint with shit equipment and a bounty hunter after you and have to navigate this weird situation Plot twist they were researching biological weapons there and ended up making that thing from 40k that wipes out all biomatter on a planet. The area you are in becomes quarantined off with orbital guns trained on anyone that tries to leave.You end up either helping the empire bring order to the place, The Hutts let the place swing with more vice than you can swing a saber at, or expel the two.
Main protagonist is voiced acted by M.I.A
>>
>>78497666
The franchise wasn't exactly dead but I do think this is a good foundation to a new era.

>>78497737
No. It's a retarded theory
>>
File: 1360623848152.jpg (763KB, 998x1018px) Image search: [Google]
1360623848152.jpg
763KB, 998x1018px
>>78497682
>can't be assed to sit through 'shit'
>watches CinemaSins instead
>>
File: 1426773335049.gif (1MB, 400x406px) Image search: [Google]
1426773335049.gif
1MB, 400x406px
>>78497736
>>78497678

this, while Trek is never going to be good again, you should check it out more since there is some gems there, and hot alien chicks
>>
>>78497736
>Joshi
Oh my god nigga I don't know who you are but know you're the best.
>>
>>78497772
the original Battlefront 3, preferably actually complete
>>
>>78497782
>No. It's a retarded theory
Unless Pablo debunks it it's true.
>>
>>78497751
>skipping the final big fight of the movie, a truly not-at-all-reasonable staggering 20 minutes...for taking too long
I actually have ADHD and I still want to criticize your shit attention span.
>>
>>78497772
Rebel Galaxy with Star Wars skins.
>>
File: 1442543979192.png (35KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1442543979192.png
35KB, 625x626px
>>78497832
>>
>>78497741
Yeah because I need to watch that shit more than times I've already watched it. Look if you want to sit through shitty politics and poorly written romance drama by all means but don't tell me I need to swallow shit and like it.
>>
>>78497847
I didn't skip all of it. Just when the lava started going crazy. It was goo up until that pint

I came back during FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE JEDI ARE EVIL
>>
"I like the saber fights" the motto of the average prequel fag.
>>
>>78497861
Plagues fat get out
>>
Prequel defenders should be executed
>>
File: 1439742567494.jpg (3MB, 3280x4928px) Image search: [Google]
1439742567494.jpg
3MB, 3280x4928px
>>78497811
I bet Meiko's favorite character is Captain Picard.
>>
File: binks-and-lloyd.jpg (52KB, 513x305px) Image search: [Google]
binks-and-lloyd.jpg
52KB, 513x305px
I actually really want Jar Jar to show up in Rebels, exiled and remorseful for having supported Sheev.
>>
I really want a new Lego Star Wars game that includes everything from Prequels/Clone Wars/Rebels/OT/Sequels, but I'm afraid WB would bitch out like they did with The Hobbit and just say "lol watch the movie" instead of releasing new content for the final movie(s).

>>78497900
>I came back during FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE JEDI ARE EVIL

I still don't understand how Anakin came to such a retarded conclusion after everything that happened during the movie. HE'S the one who tells the council Sheev is the Sith Lord, realizes he fucked up bad when he helped kill Mace Windu, and then he immediately starts murdering children.
>>
>>78497962
Your gonna have to learn to live with us anon theirs a more of us then LOL Nerd culture gives us credit for.
>>
>>78497723
This is my first time hearing of these anti-cheese edits.
>>
>>78497986
Jar Jar is Palpatine's favorite governor.
>>
>>78497986
NO
NO JAR JAR EVER AGAIN
FUCK YOU FOR WANTING HIM BACK
DISNEY SHOULD WIPE HIM FROM CANON AND FINALLY END THE CRIME COMMITTED BY LUCAS
FUXK LUCAS FUCK JAR JAR AND FUCK ANYONE WHO SUPPORTS THAT DICKSUCKING CG NIGGER
>>
>>78497976
Meiko is my battle wife.
>>
>>78497882
You don't have to like it that's the point.
Having a genuine opinion is fine. Rare, but fine. A regurgitated opinion based on someone else's selling of something isn't the way to make or maintain /your/ opinion.
Fuck it let me just get across my point like this:
>Once you start down the dark path it will forever dominate your destiny. If you take the quick and easy path now, give in to the temptation, you will become an agent of evil.
Sure you could be a bitch and have someone tell you how THEY felt about the movies. OR you could watch them. Will it suck? Maybe. But you'll know that you still honestly don't like them, no one told you to think that, you did on your own. That's all I'm saying. Not enough people do that, or at least they sure as fuck don't act like it.
>>
>>78498044
Stop.
>>
File: image.jpg (135KB, 711x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135KB, 711x960px
>>78497962
>people with dissenting opinions should be executed
You sound familiar
>>
>>78498044
Look. Jar Jar was bad in TPM and TCW. But that doesn't mean he can't be salvaged. The idea behind the character isn't even bad.

The OT era is a good chance to redeem him as a character. Just make him less clumsy and overall obnoxius. Portray him as someone who has seen some shit and is conscious about his past actions. I believe it can work.
>>
>>78498004
>I still don't understand how Anakin came to such a retarded conclusion after everything that happened during the movie. HE'S the one who tells the council Sheev is the Sith Lord, realizes he fucked up bad when he helped kill Mace Windu, and then he immediately starts murdering children.

God people this stupid exist.

When aninken sees mace die he realize he fucked up and says what have i done, he realizes hes in deep, but is still focused ones saving padme. From there on he starts making compromises to try and get every thing, hes planing on serving palapatine till he gets what he wants and then will kill him.

I's clear after he murders the sepratists that he is in agony, but hes done to much shit to stop. Add in the fact that the the dark side clearly has a chemical effect on the brain making uses unstable (see Ren), By the time he starts fighting Obi wan he is in a spiral of Self delusion

It's not my fault it's every one else, I can't be wrong it's every one else. I'm not the bad guy Your the bad guy.
>>
>>78498112
It's not like this shit was even all that subtle ether.
>>
File: calm your tits.jpg (86KB, 1262x92px) Image search: [Google]
calm your tits.jpg
86KB, 1262x92px
>>78498044
>>
>>78498057
Eat a dick prequelfag
>>
>>78498136
Word of warning, anon. Breaking rules in an autosaging thread on /co/ will still get you banned
>>
>>78498108
>Look. Jar Jar was bad in TPM and TCW. But that doesn't mean he can't be salvaged
If TCW couldn't do it, it's not happening

>Portray him as someone who has seen some shit and is conscious about his past actions. I believe it can work.
Not with that voice it can't
>>
Is Jar Jar still alive during TFA?
>>
>>78498174
A typical OT fag.

I love all star wars.

And yes that dose indeed make me better then you.
>>
>>78497789
Deanna Troi is the best sci-fi waifu of all time.
>>
FUCK ALL OF YOU CONTRARIAN NIGGER LOVERS
FORCE AWAKENS WAS AMAZING AND THE PREQUELS WILL BE WIPED FROM CANON
IM GONNA HAVE FUN WATCHING YOU CRY WHEN YOUR GAY ASS JAR JARS AND ANNIES ARE ERASED FOREVER
>>
>>78498057
Why do you type like that?
>>
>>78496637
RotJ>ESB>ANH>TFA>>>>RotS>TPM>AotC
>>
>>78498196
>If TCW couldn't do it, it's not happening

TCW didn't even try to do it. He was still used as a poor attempt at comic relief who helped the Republic with his wacky shenanigans.

The events after Sheev's rise to power would probably change Jar Jar, and that's something that hasn't really been explored.

>>78498228
TFA had several references to the prequels.
>>
>>78498198
Depends on how long gungans live. Personally, I'm fed up with so many alien species having really long lifespans. They are an amphibious species so I'd assume around 40 years maybe? This is me comparing them to the Salarians of Mass Effect
>>
>>78498228
Stop. Please.
>>
File: 9268CIP.jpg (136KB, 559x1732px) Image search: [Google]
9268CIP.jpg
136KB, 559x1732px
>>78498228
>>
>>78498194
Maybe you should have thought about that before shitposting faggot
>>
Why do all Hutts seem to be crime lords?
>>
File: 0OiHe6d.jpg (305KB, 695x1299px) Image search: [Google]
0OiHe6d.jpg
305KB, 695x1299px
>>78498228
>GAY ASS JAR JARS
>>
>>78498228
This is what all OTfags sound like
>>
File: Yaddle-SWE.jpg (39KB, 432x504px) Image search: [Google]
Yaddle-SWE.jpg
39KB, 432x504px
I don't know how I missed a female Yoda in TPM
>>
I'd ask for a new thread, but after how this one ended I don't want one.
>>
>>78497741
>herp derp opinions
CinemaSins does nothing but point out plot holes and logic errors. Something a lot of people do.
Get off your shit man.
>>
>>78498269
Until we meet aliens in real life and manage to get a scope on how long they live, I don't think it's a stretch to see some species live a long time. Hell, there are animals on earth that live longer than humans and could be counted if they had the ability to communicate with us. For all we know, we have the lowest life expectancy of the universe's aliens.
>>
>>78498436
>can't handle the banter
It's all in good fun, anon
>>
>>78498392
She was waaaaay in the back. Do you remember TPM puppet Yoda though?
That ugly bastard.
>>
File: tumblr_nu5vfyNzDq1qdt6e2o1_1280.jpg (161KB, 721x481px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nu5vfyNzDq1qdt6e2o1_1280.jpg
161KB, 721x481px
Does anyone have the scan of the Force Awakens artbook where Kylo Ren is labeled with the "Finger of accusation"
>>
File: helpme.jpg (192KB, 442x783px) Image search: [Google]
helpme.jpg
192KB, 442x783px
>>78496479
Use your anger.
>>
File: 1451340698062.jpg (32KB, 400x195px) Image search: [Google]
1451340698062.jpg
32KB, 400x195px
>>78498510
Have only this, sorry family
>>
>>78498460
Yeah, I suppose you are right. I guess the more humanoid aliens in star wars live for about as long as humans
>>
>>78498538
I'm sure this is some old meme repurposed but fuck me it's funny.
>>
File: unnamed.png (195KB, 589x250px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
195KB, 589x250px
Remember that time Grevious got owned by Gungars? I can't believe George did that
>>
>>78498560

That's good enough!
>>
>>78498592
He was Outnumbered and surrounded by a literal army, and he still slaughters a big chunk of them, it was't that bad.
>>
File: 95473-42_screen_large.jpg (4KB, 256x144px) Image search: [Google]
95473-42_screen_large.jpg
4KB, 256x144px
>>78498560
The man who will rule all
>>
>>78498538
Fuck me I laughed so hard my stomach started to burn.
>>
>>78498589
How fucking new are you faggot
>>
File: 1395713655671.jpg (266KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1395713655671.jpg
266KB, 1920x1080px
>>78498560
Accusing finger
>>
>>78498629
Mark The Accuser will rule all
>>
>>78498108
I never had a problem with JJB. Especially in the clone wars.
>>
What the fuck are you doing?
>>
File: 1450763778991.png (351KB, 1920x1198px) Image search: [Google]
1450763778991.png
351KB, 1920x1198px
>>78488307
>2003 Clone Wars is not canon
REALLY?
WHY??
>>
>>78498755
Me too desu
>>
>>78498748
Harrison Ford accuses himself because he's high
>>
>>78498755
The episodes where he teamed up with mace were fun.
>>
>>78498768
Because it doesn't fit into Canon?

Contradicts with The Clone Wars which effectively replaced it.
>>
>>78498943
New Thread
>>
>>78498889
Be of use and explain how it contradicts the CGI cartoon
Fucking tripfag
>>
>>78498980
The plots are totally different. LucaFilms decided to stand behind the CG Clone Wars and ignored the other one.
>>
>>78498971
?
>>
Okay I'm watching the Anti-cheese edit of TPM and during the scene with the door Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan do a super speed dash out of there. I don't remember this. Is this from the real film or an edit?
>>
>>78499324
It's in the original film.
>>
Does that annoying shit Ezra get better? I've finished season 1 and my goodness I wish him dead.
>>
>>78499361
My memory has gotten shit.
But damn that explains the over the top shit from the Clone Wars 2D cartoon.
>>
New thread when?
>>
>>78499381

Not really no. Kanan is the only good character.
>>
>>78499381
the whole rebel crew dies but yea, im sure ezra is going to get better, he has been getting better aside from the whole sabine thing
>>
>>78499381
What's so annoying about him? There is less Ezra in season 2 tho.
>>
>>78499400
Tried to make one but it got deleted.
Never again from me.
>>
>>78499398
Fully trained jedi have always been super human anon. why are you so surprised.
>>
>>78498592
Sacrifice
>>
>>78499458
Prequel Jedi had super human physical abilities
OT Jedi had super psychic abilities.
>>
>>78499403
Yeah Kanan and Hera are the only ones I like.
>>
>>78499503
OT Jedi have all had to change how they use the force because there is no open Order for them to play with super human abilities with. Makes sense, really.
>>
>>78499503
ST Jedi will be literally invincible
>>
So how ironic is that Kylo Ren is trying emulate his grandfather during his Sith years but comes across more like him in his Jedi years?
>>
>>78499403
Pls, Sabine and Hera are the best.
>>
>>78499539
I always explained it as all the Jedi left were old and couldn't use the force in that manner anymore. And Luke learned from old men so he sort of inherited this grounded style.
>>
>>78499588
>Sabine
>best
pick one, even chopper is a better character
>>
File: 1450960349261.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1450960349261.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>the Rebels characters should be in Rogue One!
>>
>>78499546
I kinda hope they don't show Kylo's initial turn to the dark side. It works much better as a mystery.
>>
>>78499637
They shouldn't grace this syfy tier flick with their presence, I agree.
>>
>>78498980
Greivous's portrayal for one thing.

Asajj's entire character and origins.

The Battle of Mon Cala completely redone, ect
>>
>>78499636
>Chopper better
ouch.
>>
>>78499636
I disagree mon
>>
>>78499688
KANJIKLUB
>>
>>78497172
Mortis
Order 66
Umbara
Maul's Empire
The Citadel/Yoda's Journey/D-Squad/Ahsoka Framed
>>
>>78499503
OT jedi/sith were all old.

Luke in ROTJ was doing force jump and shit too,but he was still a comparative novice
>>
>>78499657
Somebody sounds butthurt
>>
>>78499792
>>78499792
>>78499792

New thread, you ugly nerds. Try to keep your stupid prequel vs ot shitposting to a minimum.
>>
>>78497622
You're right.
>>
>>78488307
Has Chewbacca #5 been posted anywhere?
Can't find it in the archives
>>
>>78499845
That's because it hasn't come out yet.
Thread posts: 689
Thread images: 86

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.