[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Vertigo Storytime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 196

File: VertigoStorytime.png (2MB, 1730x953px) Image search: [Google]
VertigoStorytime.png
2MB, 1730x953px
Mostly-Request Edition
I'm starting with Last Gang in Town, because it's one issue. Taking requests for everything after that.
>>
>>
>>
New Romancer or Sheriff of Babylon after that, please
>>
actually there are weiners in this. is it ok with a tag? do I need to censor it?
>>
>>78429627
spoiler tag should be okay
>>
>>78429575
Sheriff next. If someone else has a request it'll take precedence before I do New Romancer.
>>
>>
>>78429649
New Romancer after Sheriff.
>>
>>
>>78429664
so it shall be
>>
>>78429649
Can you do Unfollow after New Romancer?

Also thanks for doing this, I read a few of these but missed some
>>
>>
>>78429691
done
>Sheriff of Babylon
>New Romancer
>Unfollow 1 - 2
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
I kind of liked this?
>>
>>78429710
Red Thorn 1-2 after. It's a great series and more people should read it.
>>
>>78429892
What was it even about?
>>
>>78429895
That's the one I haven't even flipped through. It looked a bit too vampire romance for my taste but I guess we gon' find out.

>>78429916
Pure set-up as far as I can tell. I like the art-style, the cartoon/kitsch punk aesthetic. The story was a series of vignettes that establish the characters.
>>
Back to 2004 we go.

Current slate:
>New Romancer
>Unfollow 1 - 2
>Red Thorn 1 - 2
>>
>>78429892
It was pretty good.
>>
I was eating in a mexican restaurant, run by a cuban, when the footage of Baghdad being taken was plastered all over the news. He was happy that there was "one fewer dictator."
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
bang
>>
>>
>>
>>78429961
Never judge a book by it's cover.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
I like Unfollow and Jacked do those
>>
>>78430295
Will do

Up Next
>Unfollow 1 - 2
>Red Thorn 1 - 2
>Jacked 1 - 2
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>78430518
This is fuckin hilarious
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Now:
>Unfollow 1 - 2

Up Next:
>Red Thorn 1 - 2
>Jacked 1 - 2
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
at least this talking cat has a vocabulary beyond "lying"
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Unfollow is pretty neat

Rob Williams needs to hire somebody new to write solicit copy because Unfollow and MMH both sounded awful based off them
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>78430908
This is definitely one of my favorites of the current Vertigo batch.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>78430908
It's because they're well written. You can't advertise "good execution" it needs to be experienced.
>never judge a book by it's cover
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>2015 - the year of the "Hur, hur, hur."
>>
>>
>Red Thorn 1 - 2
Now

>Jacked 1 - 2
Next
>>
>>
>>78431140
Twilight Children after? It's my favorite of the Vertigo bunch.
>>
>>
>>
>>78431179
will do

Next:
>Jacked 1 - 2
>Twilight Children 1 - 3
>>
>>
>>
It surprised me how good some of these are.

I know half of them are miniseries and the ongoings are gonna be cancelled within 2-3 years, but it's nice to have a good batch of Vertigo books again.
>>
>>
>>78431220
Survivor's Club after Twilight Children, please?

>>78431249
>It surprised me how good some of these are.
I was only expecting a couple of them to be any good but most of them are, it's nice
>>
>>78431249
I've been very pleasantly surprised
>>
>>
>>
>>78431249
I've liked the recent Vertigo comics though, Trillium, Bodies, The Kitchen, Sandman obviously), The Names, Astro City...
>>
>>78431289
heard
>Jacked 1 - 2
>Twilight Children 1 - 3
>Survivors Club 1 - 3
>>
>>78431321
I liked Coffin Hill and Effigy

Vertigo's been pretty quality even through their downswings but it was nice to see them do a big push all at once rather than a small trickle like they'd been doing
>>
>>78431289
Does Survivor's Club get any better after the first issue? It really didn't grab me. I preferred Clean Room over it by a mile.
>>
>>78431362
I don't know, that's why I asked OP to do Survivor's Club, I only read the first issue

I liked Clean Room a lot too
>>
>>78431321
>>78431344
>>78431362
>trickle
I think that's the problem. I feel like "Vertigo hasn't had many good titles" but the more I think about it...

>Sandman
>Effigy
>Trillium
>Astro City
>Coffin Hill
>>
>>
>>
>>78431384
FBP too

also none of those titles except Sandman got much oattention, putting out 12 books at once at least got people to notice that they existed
>>
>>78431344
Oh yeah, I liked Effigy too, shame about it getting canceled. Never tried Coffin Hill, Wolf Moon or Hinterkind. Oh and I read the first issue of FBP and it was interesting but I kinda forgot about it and then it kept piling on issue and...yeah. I'm gonna read it one day.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>78431362
I personally felt like Survivors' Club picked up or had more hooks in the second and third issue.

I don't find it as good as some of the others like Red Thorn or Clean Room, but it's still well written and intriguing enough to put it on my pull.
>>
>>78431384
>>78431415
Yeah, they don't get much attention anymore, they've kind of become "your grandpa's imprint", not popular enough for the mainstream crowd and not obscure enough for the indie crowd. Their good to bad ratio is still outstanding compared to...anything.
>>
>>
>>78431467
>not popular enough for the mainstream crowd and not obscure enough for the indie crowd.
Very true.
>>
>>78431467
>they've kind of become "your grandpa's imprint", not popular enough for the mainstream crowd and not obscure enough for the indie crowd
Which is a shame, because a quality book is a quality book

I've been kind of annoyed at the number of peopel I've seen saying that if these books were any good they'd be Image books instead because why would anyone go to Vertigo nowadays???
>>
Now:
>Red Thorn 2

Next:
>Jacked 1 - 2
>Twilight Children 1 - 3
>Survivors Club 1 - 3
>>
>>78431500
>Vertigo v Image
That's the kinda weird "who LOOKS the coolest" feedback loop that is really frustrating. I know what you're talking about.

>Image has good books, is "hot"
>Book comes out from "not" Image
>Must not be a good book
>>
>>78431500
I think it's quite the opposite. You go to Image if you wanna sell off your comic to make a movie or tv show out of it. You go to Vertigo to create a comic book. There's a lot of great stuff at Image right now, but for every Deadly Class there's 2-3 tv pitches. Hell, even Descender which I love got it's rights sold to hollywood before the first issue even came out...
>>
>>
>>78431561
I wish people would judge comics by their interiors instead of what logo they have on the cover.
>>
>>78431567
Unfollow got the rights sold before #2 came out didn't it?

But yeah I do get the impression that a lot of Image books are meant to be stealth pilots

Some of the new Vertigo books kiiiinda come off like that but I really doubt people like Simone, Cooke or Hernandez are making stuff to sell tv rights
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>78431599
Or King. Or this Red Thorn series which has a very The Unwritten vibe to it. Or Trillium which was specifically made for the comic book format.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>78431665
yeah, exactly

I kinda wonder if this weird negative public perception DC's been plagued by lately has been leaking to Vertigo too
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>78431691
Vertigo's been having problems with popularity before the new52... Great and even amazing titles have failed to gain the popularity they deserve.
>>
>>
>>78431726
I was just about to complain that they weren't showing any dong! thank you meghan hetrick
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Storytime resumes in 15/20min.

Momentarily:
>Jacked 1 - 2

Next Thread:
>Twilight Children 1 - 3
>Survivors Club 1 - 3
>>
>>78431840
I am liking Red Thorn so far although the pacing seems almost hyper compressed

Which I guess is better than badly done decompression but between the first two issues I'd forgotten that there was a year time skip and she was with some dude and now I'm not really clear on why she had to leave him forever
>>
>>78431904
I completely glanced over the "12 months later" initially. Not a great way to show a passage of time.
>>
>>78431691
Eh, it's more like Image just took over as the more mature/non capeshit publisher.

TWD show getting more popular and most of Vertigo's more popular books ending happened within a 2-3 years of each other. Karen Berger leaving didn't really help perception either.
>>
>>78431851
I haven't read this yet but oh lord it looks like "classic" Vertigo. This color palette....
>>
>>78431917
yeah especially since she apparently put her quest on hold for a year because raisins even though she specifically went to that city to find out what happened to her sister

like a month or two time skip would have been fine and makes sense for all we know about their relationship, I'm not really buying a year
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>78431940
>raisins
She didn't find anything, she just found guy she dug and the one year time skips makes their relationship believable(her calling him the love of her life after a month of relationship would've come off as dumb). I think it's well paced.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>78432032
>the one year time skips makes their relationship believable(her calling him the love of her life after a month of relationship would've come off as dumb
well I wouldn't believe it after a month no, but it also seems weird for her to call him the love of her life and the only man she's ever loved when we've only seen them go on a couple dates and fuck a couple times

I don't think the pacing is BAD, but it is taking shortcuts
>>
>>
i'm such a sucker for pages like this
>>
>>
>>
>>78432107
>>78432119
these are lovely
>>
>>
>>78432090
>we've only seen them go on a couple dates and fuck a couple times
Well, it's only two issues, what do you expect? The first issue shows them really getting along and having a good time... I mean, sure, the blunt of their relationships happens off panel and that is "taking shortcuts" I 100% agree, but we don't know how important to the story that guy is or for how long he'll stick around so you can't waste too many pages on them going on dates and stuff.
>>
>>
>>78432155
>but we don't know how important to the story that guy is or for how long he'll stick around so you can't waste too many pages on them going on dates and stuff.
That's fair, he doesn't seem like he's going to be really important to the story, we just need to know she had to give him up because of the local lore she got dragged into
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Is Jacked a mini or an ongoing? It's pretty great so far
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>78432300
not a clue. It's one of my favorites so far. It doesn't look ashamed to be a comic book.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>78432300
It's surprisingly good. Didn't expect to dig it so never tried it until now.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>78432387
Same, didn't really sound like my cup of tea but I really am liking it
>>
>>
>>78432300
6 issue mini I think
>>
File: VertigoStorytime.png (2MB, 1730x953px) Image search: [Google]
VertigoStorytime.png
2MB, 1730x953px
Alright folks. I'm gonna take a break for an hour or two, get some dinner, interact with the world, etc. I'll be back at 8 CST with a new thread, I'll post the link here.

In the meantime...

Any takers on Art Ops or The Clean Room? I'll probably just do one more series in addition to what's already on the list.

Next Thread Current Order:
>Twilight Children 1 - 3
>Survivors Club 1 - 3
>>
>>78432583
I'd be up for Clean Room
>>
>>78432583
I forgot to check Jacked in the pic. Obviously we just did that.
>>
>>78432583
I'm down for Clean Room
>>
>>78432592
>>78432614
Done. Bye anons Merry Christmas. See ya in a bit.

Next Thread Order:
>The Twilight Children 1 - 3
>Survivors Club 1 - 3
>Clean Room 1- 3
>>
>>78432583
Clean Room is very good. Art Ops is just alright.
>>
>>78432583
Wasn't there a new book about a firefighter arsonist or something too? What was that one called?
>>
>>78432651
Slash & Burn. It's pretty good.
>>
bamp
>>
Round two incoming soon friends.
>>
>>78435105
Yay
>>
So, what are you guys reading?

Me:
Survivor's Club
Twilight Children (only because I'm curious about the ending/plot device. Characters are absolute trash)
Unfollow because the mask that one guy wears is fucking awesome. Story's alright
Sheriff of Babylon
Slash & Burn has about an issue or two before I drop it.

Haven't read Thorn, nuLucifer, Last Gang or any of the Vertigo Quarterlies

I'll probably also read the new Suiciders when it's out. First was boring at first but got good
>>
>>78435356
Survivor's Club
Clean Room
Sheriff of Babylon
Unfollow
Red Thorn

I kinda forgot Twilight Children was a thing until the third issue was about to drop so I'm probably just gonna wait until it's all out.
>>
New Thread
>>78435528
>>
>>78435356
Clean Room
Red Thorn
Unfollow
Sheriff of Babylon
I will probably add Jacked because I really liked this storytime

I still want to check out Survivor's Club, and there's another Vertigo book coming called the Dark & Bloody that sounds neat
>>
boop
Thread posts: 255
Thread images: 196

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.