[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Wars: Rebels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 586
Thread images: 111

Submit your gifts for inspection - Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.co.uk/updates/release.htm

>Newest Rebels Recon Episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JrVry8kgyw

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

>Star Wars: Uprising: (/swr/ Cartel: Loth-Cats)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpW6fOEvuSg
http://community.kabam.com/forums/showthread.php?568108-Newx-s-New-Player-Guide

>Star Wars: Commander: (/swr/ Squad: Empire - SheevSquad)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUD2JkBxIJo

>Canon Guide: (Timeline coming soon)
http://imgur.com/a/wnoIs

>Star Wars /co/ Booru:
starwars.booru.org

>Download links: (Books, Comics, Rebels, Films, etc)
http://pastebin.com/nWsKtSya
>>
First for Rey's lightsaber
>>
Who forgot?
>>
File: 1447628191130.jpg (88KB, 695x700px) Image search: [Google]
1447628191130.jpg
88KB, 695x700px
>tfw EA and DICE just confirmed that they aren't adding any TFA content to Battlefront
>>
>>78409700
The only content would be heroes and new skins for Stormies.
>>
>>78409700
Haha
>>
>>78409700
>Buying shit from companies with a precedent for being shit
>Buying shit when good games still exist
You deserve everything you get.
>>
>>78409700
of course not.
That's where the BattleFront released the year movie 9 comes out called StarWars Battlefront: Generations that has content from all 3 trilogies packed into it. Provided you buy the season pass, Character Packs 1 & 2, and Map Pack 1-3
>>
>>78409700
>caring about EAfront
>>
File: 1450976154846.jpg (471KB, 640x2879px) Image search: [Google]
1450976154846.jpg
471KB, 640x2879px
>>
File: xmas.png (338KB, 1280x1135px) Image search: [Google]
xmas.png
338KB, 1280x1135px
>>
File: literally me.jpg (391KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
literally me.jpg
391KB, 960x1280px
>>
>>78409642
Yeah, it's gotta be a double hander.
Or at least her quarterstaff with blades on the end.

In her fight with Kylo, she made a lot of thrusting attacks with the saber. Not slashes or swings like we usually see.

It was a nice touch by the choreographist for her to fight more like she was using a staff weapon than a sword
>>
>>78409700
But, I wanted to ZA WARUDO people.
>>
>50 STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS rumors that turned out to be false.

http://screencrush.com/star-wars-force-awakens-false-rumors/

1. “Obi-Wan Kenobi set to return in Star Wars: Episode VII.” — Latino Review

2. “Star Wars: Episode VII will feature Force Ghost Yoda.” — Cosmic Booknews

3. “Max von Sydow is Boba Fett.” — Nerdist

4. “Ian McDiarmid is set to return to the galaxy far, far away for a part in Episode VII.” — Jedi News

5. “Robert Boulter is playing Young Luke Skywalker in the movie.” — Making Star Wars

6. “[Domhnall Gleeson] will be Major Tarkin.” — Star Wars News Net

7. “[Domhnall Gleeson’s beard during a publicity appearance at Universal Studios Florida] really suggests Obi Wan descendant.” — Star Wars News Net

8. “In the last week I’ve heard Domhnall Gleeson is Luke Skywalker’s son four times. Four times. Four different sources, three really trusted and one new but apparently on the money for most things.” — Star Wars News Net

9. “Billie Lourd, 21, to play young Princess Leia in Star Wars: Episode VII.” — Daily Mail

10. “James Earl Jones may have a secret voice cameo in The Force Awakens as Vader.” — Reddit

11. “Lando Might Have a Role to Play in Episode VII After All” — Moviepilot

12. “Pussy Riot will be in the new movie, possibly as a Cantina Band.” — The Daily Beast

13. “Obi-Wan Kenobi will turn out to be Luke Skywalker’s REAL father.” — The Daily Beast

14. “The rumored title is (drum roll please) ... A New Dawn!” — Star Wars Underworld

15. “The film’s ‘working title’ is The Ancient Fear.” — Ain’t It Cool
>>
File: happy worf.gif (837KB, 245x187px) Image search: [Google]
happy worf.gif
837KB, 245x187px
>>78409700
YES
>>
>>78409989
16. “[The Ancient Fear] refers to Max von Sydow’s villain who makes Pazuzu look like a pussy!” — Ain’t It Cool

17. “Imagine the standard Star Wars crawl, and when it ends the camera pans up to the stars. But instead of a spaceship zooming into frame we see ... a hand! A severed hand, tumbling through space. A severed hand gripping a light saber.”— Birth. Movies. Death.

18. “Han and Chewie recognize the lightsaber as Luke’s, and they say they haven’t seen their friend in thirty years, since the events of Return of the Jedi.” — Birth. Movies. Death.

19. “There's been a theory circulating for a while about the death of beloved fan favorite, Chewbacca.” — Moviepilot

20. “Kylo Ren, over the course of Star Wars: The Force Awakens and maybe beyond, is trying to either clone, or resurrect, Darth Vader.” — io9

21. “Rey is Han and Leia’s daughter” — Time

22. “[Daisy] Ridley is a Tatooine local.” — ScreenRant

23. “[Daisy] Ridley’s character is said to be a street-smart salvager working for Max von Sydow’s old demented cyborg character.”— ScreenRant

24. “There’s rumor that Daisy Ridley’s ‘Rey’ character is actually ‘Kira Rey’ which is strangely similar to ‘Kylo Ren.’” — Latino Review

25. “Jar Jar Binks was a trained Force user, knowing Sith collaborator, and will play a central roles in The Force Awakens.” — Reddit

26. “The First Order’s soldiers are being taught that the Empire was a benevolent force, and that Luke Skywalker and those damn rebels who blew up the Death Star (twice) are the villains who destroyed everything.” — CinemaBlend

27. “Rey tries to help by releasing the ship’s cargo (which appears to be livestock, potentially giant space pigs).”— Making Star Wars
>>
>>78409958
Finn used the sword like a knife, too.
>>
>>78410015
28. “While Chewie is still on the ship shutting her down with Finn, Han talks to Rey in private and he passes on one of, if not his most, personal gun to her for protection in Maz’s stronghold. This is where Rey gets her DL-44, the blaster Han Solo made famous.”— Making Star Wars

29. “One banner features the ‘Boba Fett Symbol’ ... these banners appear above the heads of Finn, Rey, BB-8, and Han Solo as they enter what we can only assume is the headquarters of some nefarious criminal organization.” — SlashGear

30. “The idea that these banners represent Boba Fett specifically is absolutely within the realm of possibility ... We're banking on it being a suggestion that Boba Fett is still alive. He survived the Sarlacc, after all.” — SlashGear

31. “After they meet “Rose” in a pub, they head to the underground of the pub. I believe Korr Sella, an emissary for Leia, is also at the pub to speak to “Rose,” probably about what Poe Dameron encountered on Jakku.” — Making Star Wars

32. “Thankfully the heroes are in the catacombs below the pub and survive the assault after suffering through some shaking and rumbling. They head through tunnels where they meet some Stormtrooper resistance and “Rose” uses her “special powers” to dispatch them. I assume this means she uses the Force to slam them against a wall or something unless she Jedi Mind Tricks them.” — Making Star Wars

33. “After Rey and her friend get into Maz’s stronghold, Rey gets into a bar fight. Finn is little help ... However, Chewbacca helps sort out the problem, as it turns out a Wookiee at your side is a little better than an ex-Stormtrooper for bar fights.” — Making Star Wars

34. “A short time after this encounter, Rey enjoys a few drinks, and gets tipsy on the pirate ale.” — Making Star Wars

35. “Back at the Resistance base, Maz gives the lightsaber to Leia.” — Making Star Wars
>>
>>78409989
>Obi-Wan Kenobi will turn out to be Luke Skywalker’s REAL father
haahahahaha
>>
File: clone wars in a nutshell 2.jpg (1MB, 800x2962px) Image search: [Google]
clone wars in a nutshell 2.jpg
1MB, 800x2962px
Does anyone have one of these for rebels (also looking for the season 5-6 of clone wars one)
>>
>>78404876
>Anakin built his own podracer, used it toake first place when he had never even finished a race (and no othrr human could do it), built C3p0, and piloted a Naboo fighter all when he was 8 years old

So, he's naturally utracompetent in one area (note, that not finishing a podrace before does not mean that his competence suddenly skyrocketed for the movie, given the demonstrated racers' crash rate), and even in it he cannot keep up without sheer luck if given unfamiliar tools (he doesn't take down a single droid fighter in the control ship battle). That's what makes him a suitable action hero, who has skills to be useful to the team.

Rey is instantly ultracompetent in FOUR areas - piloting/repairs, shooting, unarmed combat and Force, in fact, in every single thing she ever tries to do, and in every single of these areas she matches or overshadows known experts, even when she is EXPLICITLY shown to be an absolute noob minutes before. That's what makes her a Mary Sue.

>Rey had piloted plenty of ships

Fanfic. Certainly her lifestyle could not provide her any opportunities for that.

>was familiar with hand to hand combat

With a completely different weapon.

>and already knew about Luke and the Jedi and the force

I know about Hawking and astrophysics, doesn't make me capable of accomplishing anything useful in that field.

>before she got her powers.
>she got her powers.

Is it some sort of false flag operation, or did you just admit that yes, she's a Mary Sue who got superpowers because a Mary Sue ought to have them, fuck the rules of the universe, unwittingly?
>>
>>78410042
>While Chewie is still on the ship shutting her down with Finn, Han talks to Rey in private and he passes on one of, if not his most, personal gun to her for protection in Maz’s stronghold. This is where Rey gets her DL-44, the blaster Han Solo made famous.
I wonder why they went with a random gun instead.
>>
Does anyone have a download to the new TFA visual dictionary?
>>
>>78410042
36. “We then cut to Kylo Ren, who walks into the cockpit of the crashed Falcon. He sits in the pilot’s seat, and has a moment.” — Making Star Wars

37. “Queen Leia uses the Resistance superweapon, “the Sledgehammer,” to crush through Star Destroyers as if they were tinker toys. She wields an awesome power against the First Order!” — Making Star Wars

38. “Luke Skywalker, bearded and fully fleshed, raising a green lightsaber at Han, who in turn has his classic blaster pointed at him ... Luke looks like a crazy person.” — Star Wars News Net

39. “Luke brought a cataclysm to Tatooine soon after Return of the Jedi after he visited Anakin’s birthplace and for whatever reasons it’s changed him... Luke goes mad because he discovers he f***ing can’t control himself. He destroys everything around and kills people with his powers, unconsciously.” — Star Wars News Net

40. “Luke Skywalker is an evil robot who has fallen to the dark side of the force.” — The Daily Beast

41. “Luke reveals to Ridley and Boyega that the Inquisitors — who are indeed actively hunting down any Jedi Masters or Jedi-in-training when Episode VII takes place — are very much connected to the Sith.” — ScreenRant

42. “There’s a huge fight. It’s everyone vs Luke (Luke has his father’s red lightsaber here, so it’s obviously visually implied that he’s the bad guy). This fight is epic as f***.” — Star Wars News Net
>>
File: CW Guide.jpg (1MB, 1592x2556px) Image search: [Google]
CW Guide.jpg
1MB, 1592x2556px
>>78410058
There is no guide for Rebels. We're only 1 and a half seasons in.
>>
>>
>>78410086
43. “Han kills Luke, because Luke allows him to, “he trusts him.” — Star Wars News Net

44. “Luke wants to kill Driver and Han steps in. Luke then kills Han which brings Luke back to his sanity.” — Latino Review

45. “Luke Skywalker is described as “creepy and frightening in appearance” because you supposedly can see “the fire in his eyes” behind his grizzled appearance during some scenes.” — Making Star Wars

46. “This prompts a flashback, showing Darth Vader recruiting the very first Inquisitors.” — ScreenRant

47. “At some point, Boyega’s former boss/commanding officer (Gwendoline Christie) catches up to the young heroes and reveals her own connection to the Force – possibly being a member of the Inquisitor organization.” — ScreenRant

48. “Rise, Finn Skywalker.” — Moviepilot

49. “The leaked concept art of villain holding Darth Vader’s helmet is actually the last shot of the film.” — Latino Review

50. “The December 18th release of Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens will see the end credits tease a small clip and teaser for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.” — Schmoes Know
>>
>>78410015
>The First Order’s soldiers are being taught that the Empire was a benevolent force

This isn't exactly false, guidebook states that's what Hux believes and that Phasma thinks Empire was a-ok but officers with too much ambition ruined it
>>
>>78409989
>>78410015
Most of this is terrible.
>>
I'm kinda suprised nobody claimed that Phasma is bound to be Veers' daughter or something
>>
>>78410082
There is no digital version of it.
>>
File: Ben.jpg (134KB, 1600x1202px) Image search: [Google]
Ben.jpg
134KB, 1600x1202px
>>78410046
>Luke, did I ever tell you I am your father? I betrayed the Jedi code and secretly impregnated your mother, who was secretly married to my best friend, and whose impending death due to childbirth is what drove him to the Dark Side and triggered a galactic genocide followed by decades of tyrannical rule. Nonetheless, I gave your sister, which would also be my daughter, to wealthy royals of a stronghold planet while leaving you with relatives of your assumed father that are, in fact, not your uncle and aunt. I stayed by, though, watching you from afar, waiting for the opportunity to give you the lightsaber of the man I NTR'd, with which he slaughtered children, to you as a rite of passage. I'm a good parent.
>>
>>78410201
>I'm kinda suprised nobody claimed that Phasma is bound to be Veers' daughter or something

Now this is my new headcanon.
>>
>>78410015
>“Jar Jar Binks was a trained Force user, knowing Sith collaborator, and will play a central roles in The Force Awakens.” — Reddit

Bravo Reddit
>>
>>78410076
Han's not going to give her his gun
>>
>>78409700
Or prequel content, which makes no sense given that Battlefront is a multiplayer only game.
>>
File: basitagains.png (159KB, 1063x365px) Image search: [Google]
basitagains.png
159KB, 1063x365px
>>
Rey I am your father
>>
>>78410201
This is a decent theory even if all they have in common is being played by tall actors. Definitely better than "omg she's Juno Eclipse expy!".

I unironically liked that joke theory about Phasma being Trench's adopted kid though.
>>
>>78410324
>No option of storm trooper seducing her into sex like James Bond.
>>
I may add.

>Finn is Lando's son and a rebel spy.

>Dohmhall Gleeson is a comic relief cowardly engineer and creator of the Starkiller Base, who keeps switching sides to save himself.

>Lupita N'yongo is a Luke's apprentice and Poe's lover.

>Gwendoline Christie is a sorceress who worships the Dark Side and Count Dooku's descendant.

>Max Von Sydow is Chancellor Valorum.

>Kylo Ren is a X-Wing pilot who becomes obsessed with the Force and betrays the Rebels to join Snoke.

>Snoke is an powerful Sith Lord whose body was destroyed by Luke. However, He became one with the Force and has since been tormenting Luke into succumbing to the Dark Side, forcing Luke to exile himself, and also influencing the remnants of the Empire and seducing Kylo.

>Inquisitors armed with lightsabers dedicated to killing all Force-Sensitives.

>Jedi Hunters who artificially harness the Force and are loyal to the remnants of Empire.

>Blank lightsabers that change colors depending on its' wielder's alignment with the Dark Side or the Light.

>Han sacrificing himself to destroy the Starkiller Base by kamikazing it with the Millennium Falcon. His last words are "Never tell me the odds"

>Poe is named "Darklighter".

>Finn and Poe being Force-sensitive.

>Luke and Kylo harnessing so much are Force they level an entire planet in the wake of their duel.

>Rey/Poe romance and Rey/Finn romance.

>Phasma being obsessed with killing Finn, leadind to a fight between them at Starkiller Base.

>Hux being Palpatine's son and being betrayed and killed by Kylo for dismissing the Force.

>Chewbacca dies.

>Kylo is blind.

>Phasma is a droid.

>Kylo is Luke's son.

>Luke succumbed to the Dark Side and became Kylo Ren.

>Benedict Cumberbatch is Palpatine's apprentice and clone who now leads the remnants of the Empire.

>David Oyelowo is one of the Jedi Hunters.

>Captain Phasma owns the crossguard lightsaber.
>>
File: 1446260378063.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1446260378063.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
>>78410409
Not on my watch!
>>
>>78409989
>2. “Star Wars: Episode VII will feature Force Ghost Yoda.” — Cosmic Booknews
Technically true. During Rey's "forceback" you can here Yoda speak

>>78410015

>18. “Han and Chewie recognize the lightsaber as Luke’s, and they say they haven’t seen their friend in thirty years, since the events of Return of the Jedi.” — Birth. Movies. Death.
Han does say he hasn't seen Luke in a long time, though not because of the Lightsaber IIRC

>26. “The First Order’s soldiers are being taught that the Empire was a benevolent force, and that Luke Skywalker and those damn rebels who blew up the Death Star (twice) are the villains who destroyed everything.” — CinemaBlend
Technically true as well, in a roundabout sort of way.

>27. “Rey tries to help by releasing the ship’s cargo (which appears to be livestock, potentially giant space pigs).”— Making Star Wars
She does this, but not on purpose

>>78410042
>35. “Back at the Resistance base, Maz gives the lightsaber to Leia.” — Making Star Wars
This was cut from the film but was originally going to happen

>>78410086
>37. “Queen Leia uses the Resistance superweapon, “the Sledgehammer,” to crush through Star Destroyers as if they were tinker toys. She wields an awesome power against the First Order!” — Making Star Wars
This was part of early scripts, its in the art book I think
>>
>>78410409
And Sabine is the mother?
>>
File: 1449722724540.gif (2MB, 283x313px) Image search: [Google]
1449722724540.gif
2MB, 283x313px
>mfw I keep imagining how Rey ended up getting all the shit she would have initially needed to start scavenging for Unkar in the first place and I can only come up with 'she sucked alien dick for a speeder'
Am I the only one?
>>
>>78410508
Sabine is clearly a lesbian, so that'll be a real trick.
>>
>>78410518

She was left in Unkar's care, so presumably he gave her basic equipment so he could start monetizing her.
>>
>>78410542
>Rey is so good at the Jedi mind trick because her father Jedi mind tricked a lesbian into getting pregnant with her
>>
>>78409700
>buying a game for which you must buy a fuckload of DLCs otherwise it will remain a skeleton
You brought this on yourself fag.
>>
>>78410409
>>78410448
waiting for the CGI series between episode 5 and 6 where they train luke alongside Ahsoka.
>>
>>78410042
>33. “After Rey and her friend get into Maz’s stronghold, Rey gets into a bar fight. Finn is little help ... However, Chewbacca helps sort out the problem, as it turns out a Wookiee at your side is a little better than an ex-Stormtrooper for bar fights.” — Making Star Wars

This is actually true, but for the novelization, not the film. In the book, Unkar (the junk boss on Jakku) tracked Rey down and starts a fight, where Chewbacca rips his arm off.
>>
>>78409989
>1. “Obi-Wan Kenobi set to return in Star Wars: Episode VII.” — Latino Review
But he did for 2 lines
>>
>>78409989
>1. “Obi-Wan Kenobi set to return in Star Wars: Episode VII.” — Latino Review

You do hear his voice in Rey's "vision."
>>
>In that vein, The Vatican's newspaper agrees, calling the film "more reboot than sequel." For good measure it adds, "Not a classy reboot however, like Nolan's Batman, but an update twisted to suit today's tastes and a public more accustomed to sitting in front of a computer than in a cinema."

>Sticking the knife in further, the review adds, "Abrams' direction is in fact modelled on the sloppiest current action films derived from the world of videogames."

>"The only merit of J.J. Abrams film is to show, by contrast, how the direction of the previous films was elegant, balanced and above all appropriate."

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/herocomplex/la-et-hc-the-vatican-star-wars-force-awakens-review-20151220-story.html

You guys ready for Star Wars fatigue in 5 years?
>>
>tfw you will never have a family like Luke, Leia, and Han do
>>
>>78410898
Episode 7 is shit. God himself confirmed it.
>>
>>78410898
So it was said.
So it was.
>>
>>78410898
>Not a classy reboot however, like Nolan's Batman
>>
>>78409700
They confirmed no Clone Wars either, and the only logical reason I can think of, is that they can't be fucked making more """customization"""

Battlefront 2 will almost certainly be Sequel Trilogy only.

There will simply never be a Clone Wars shooter, or any CW stuff in Battlefront games. I pray I am proved wrong, but goddamn, its not looking good.
>>
>>78409899
best scene of the entire movie.
>>
>>78411044
What if Vatican is influenced by BANE?
>>
File: 1445384154576.jpg (141KB, 1600x790px) Image search: [Google]
1445384154576.jpg
141KB, 1600x790px
>>78409700
This deal is getting worse all the time!

https://youtu.be/WpE_xMRiCLE
>>
File: hypnotist.jpg (137KB, 500x348px) Image search: [Google]
hypnotist.jpg
137KB, 500x348px
>Thread called Star Wars Rebels
>barely anyone in these threads discusses Rebels

Why not just call it Star Wars?
>>
File: hux+phasma.png (95KB, 430x453px) Image search: [Google]
hux+phasma.png
95KB, 430x453px
best TFA ship
>>
>>78410898
Yes we know.

By March we will be fully aware how much of a hack Abrams is.

But right now, we're in TFA bandwagon mode.
>>
>>78411198
Rebels is on break until January. We've talked about almost everything, and the new movie came out less than a week ago.

Also calling it Star Wars Rebels keeps some of the shitposters out. But if there is something about Rebels you would like to talk about, feel free.
>>
>>78411198
It keeps mandofags and such away, those threads were always about SW in general (or at least the new canon) rather than just Rebels.

Speaking of Rebels, anyone hoping for a general Veers cameo since we've seen Tarkin already?
>>
>>78411198
Rebels is the current ongoing Star Wars cartoon, and this is /co/.

We talk more when Rebels is airing, which right now, it is not. It's on xmas break.

Seeing as the new movie just came out, thats naturally what all the conversations are gearing towards.
>>
They should have made a Christmas episode of Rebels
>>
>>78411044
>implying Batman Begins isnt GOAT

You dare defy his holy word?
>>
>>78411401
>They should have made a Life Day episode of Rebels
FTFY
>>
>>78411069
>Battlefront 2 won't be as good as Battlefront 2
>>
>>78411677
>we will never get a Relic RTS about star wars
>we will never get a CA RTT about star wars
>no galactic map to plan grand strategies
never played homeworld so I cant say about that
>>
File: mfw.jpg (40KB, 269x254px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
40KB, 269x254px
>>78411401

they should just remake the Holiday Special with Rebels characters
>>
I just realized how weird having Teedos in Commander is now that I've read Rey's short story. There's so much weird shit about it like Teedos being essentially tribal retards not suitable for civilized culture like the Tusken Raiders, Teedos seemingly only being on Jakku, Teedos seemingly making their Luggabeasts using scraps from the Battle of Jakku but using them before that, the Empire even deciding 'hey lets recruit these random retards riding dog things from this planet in buttfuck nowhere'.
>>
>>78411765
In Commander, the description of the Luggabeast says that the riders are Er'Kit, not Teedos.

From what Rey's Survival Guide suggest, Teedo's have never left Jakku.
>>
>>78411199
>not Hux/Phasma/Kylo
Everyone knows threesomes are better
>>
>>78409609
Merry Christmas, /co/!
>>
>>78411810
Oh ok that makes more sense. So in my headcanon filling in the blanks I'm just going to assume the Er'Kit made the Luggabeasts out of leftover scraps from battles while the Civil War was happening on their planet, the Empire then recruited them, then some of them ended up at the Battle of Jakuu with the Teedos taking their Luggabeasts.
>>
>>78411831
Kylo's too angsty for love
>>
>>78411831

I don't know where Hux/Kylo came from. There was nothing between them but antagonism and impatience. Not even a hint of civility.
>>
>>78411842
In Rey's book, its explained that the Teedo's pay an unknown trader who delivers Luggabeasts to them. It's possible that they originated on Er'kit, and were spread around the Galaxy
>>
>>78411858
Hoo boy you're new to the whole shipping thing

>>78411857
Angsty insecure hate sex is most entertaining sex
>>
>>78411831
swap Kylo for the riot trooper
>>
>>78410061
>Fanfic. Certainly her lifestyle could not provide her any opportunities for that.

If she was left on that planet at a young age and raised by the junkers, presumably they'd have her fly a ship from time to time.

It's not entirely implausible.
>>
>>78411839
y-you too, friend
>>
>>78412071
Fuck you.
>>
File: clarence.jpg (77KB, 1080x607px) Image search: [Google]
clarence.jpg
77KB, 1080x607px
>>78409700
Is just vidya gaems, anon. Why so mad?
>>
>>78412092
*tips*
>>
>>78409700
Then what the hell are they gonna have as DLC now? What heroes? What new planets?
>>
>>78409700
You deserve it for buying the game in the first place.
>>
>>78412133
For heroes all I can think of is Chewbacca and Ben Kenobi. There are no other villains in the OT that warrant being playable.
For planets I guess there's Bespin and Yavin
>>
File: Horrifying.jpg (12KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
Horrifying.jpg
12KB, 267x200px
>>78410448
But what if it's Ezra and Kanan?
>>
>>78412133
No, even better uniforms

Its 2015 and GTA IV is the only game that got how DLC is suppose to work. Not shitty skins or weapons but actual content that's satisfying.
>>
>>78412218
What uniforms could they possibly give?
>>
>>78412133
Nothing about the DLC is known other than that there will be 16 new levels, 4 new heroes (presumably 1 per DLC), 4 new game modes (presumably 1 per DLC)

And all of it is going to be OT Era.

They're also promising free DLC alongside this, but don't get your hopes up for much more. EA aren't known for their generosity, And Dice are having to come up with more DLC levels than they shipped in the game at launch, which frankly, is embarrassing.

I feel pretty betrayed that I waited a decade for a new Battlefront game, and got it with 1/3rd of the content of its predecessors.
>>
So the Chancellor on the New Republic when it gets destroyed is named Villecham. He's named after Neville Chamberlain and fucked up just the same I guess.
>>
>>78412065
It's not, but I think the problem is they never establish she has any piloting skills at all before she expertly flies the Falcon through Star Destroyer ruins. Even showing her playing the flight simulator game from Before the Awakening would've helped.

This and the mind trick are the only things that honestly needed some kind of preface or foreshadowing. The rest of her stuff is fine.
>>
>>78412218
Mario Kart 8 got DLC right as well imo
>>
>>78412262
Aside from Ben Kenoni and Chewbacca, who could the other 2 heroes be?
If they only go by OT places only, we could get the Death Star, Mos Eisley, Jabba's Palace, Yavin, Dagobah or Bespin. Or a new one like Sullust
>>
>>78412356
B-but Nintendo games are for babies!
>>
File: 1443860885844.jpg (6KB, 403x195px) Image search: [Google]
1443860885844.jpg
6KB, 403x195px
>you will never receive battlefront II on Christmas ever again
>>
>>78412374
>Aside from Ben Kenoni and Chewbacca, who could the other 2 heroes be?
Lando Calrissian and one of the Bounty Hunters from Empire. Bossk has some exposure thanks to the Clone Wars TV show and he looks distinct
>>
>>78411728
Well, there is Empire at War and some other game I forget off the top of my head

Merry Christmas from Bongland
>>
File: Ahsoka29.webm (1MB, 888x500px) Image search: [Google]
Ahsoka29.webm
1MB, 888x500px
>>78412208
I was thinking, if Dice have any shred of care for the fans, they'll add Ahsoka/Inquisitor as lightsaber users. Because if they're going movie-only, it literally means there will be no more Lightsaber users, unless they added Ben Kenobi for some reason, which would be uneven for the villains side.

It will mean that 2/8 (after DLC) would be Lightsaber users.

Thats so fucked up, I feel like adding Ahsoka is their only option to redeem themselves for such a shitty heroes selection.

I cant understate enough how much of a disappointment Dice are. It's to the point where I would love to personally sit them down in a room and lecture them on where they went wrong.

EA made a statement where they acknowledged fan disappointment in the game, but it's not enough. I want to know that Dice knows they fucked up.
>>
I have a complaint for the movie and I'd like you to read. How does Rey learn the force; Force Pull, Mind Tricks without anyone teaching her? This is my complaint, thank you for reading.
>>
File: image.jpg (664KB, 1000x1845px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
664KB, 1000x1845px
I'm genuinely curious what outsiders think of the Skywalker family considering they seem to oscillate between Jedi and Sith every generation.
>>
>>78412447
One theory going around is that she was taught that before being left on Jakku, but her memories of then got wiped/locked away.
>>
>>78412422
>EA made a statement where they acknowledged fan disappointment in the game
Sauce?

Additionally, I don't think it was Dice as much as it was Disney trying to cash in on the movie. Everyone wanted the hardcore OT pandering.
>>
>>78412374
Im hoping for Ahsoka, Inquisitor (NEW DESIGN, surprise us), Bossk, and Sabine.

I expect Lando, Chewie, Bossk and IG-88 because Dice can't into anything that isn't muh Empire.

As for locations, I am fully expecting more Tatooine because why put effort into new locations, right?

I also expect them to have at least 1 space battle, despite previously saying that they arent fun, because they're money hungry cunts.
>>
I figure I might as well ask here too.

I am thinking of giving Empire At War friend for Christmas. I've never been a fan of RTS's, but my friend is. If my friend likes RTS's and likes Star Wars well enough (but is not fanatical about SW), would it be a good gift for him? Basically I'm asking if it's a good game in its own right Star Wars or not.
>>
>>78412498
Some families are just... off
>>
>>78412422
I'm glad I got Battlefront for free with the Xbone I bought. This game isn't even worth $20, let alone $60
>>
>>78412537
Is there a 'hunt the locals' mode in the new Battlefront?
>>
>>78412422
Muh Waifu: The Post
>>
File: 1446758711603s.jpg (8KB, 250x201px) Image search: [Google]
1446758711603s.jpg
8KB, 250x201px
>>78412537
>space battle
>not fun
How are complete freedom of movement in all directions dog fights not fun?
>>
>>78412374
>>78412208
>>78412422
>>78412537
You're all forgetting Yoda
>>
>>78412586
Yeah, but Yoda didn't have a saber in the OT.

Not that I care, I love Yoda with a saber.
>>
>>78412498
Does the general public even know that Darth Vader was Anakin Skywalker and was Luke and Leia's father? Do they know that Kylo Ren is Leia and Han's son?
>>
>>78412513
I'm not so sure, since a lot of games in the Disney era so far has had a mix of eras. Battlefront seems to be the only one that made an active point of not including any prequel/TCW content.
>>
>>78412611
>Yeah, but Yoda didn't have a saber in the OT.
So? Why does that mean they can't have him use one here?
>>
File: lucas is a hack.jpg (109KB, 873x554px) Image search: [Google]
lucas is a hack.jpg
109KB, 873x554px
What am I in for?
>>
>>78412586
True, but Palpatine doesn't have a lightsaber so I would imagine they would avoid giving Yoda one.
>>
>>78412617
General public has no idea Anakin is Vader. The people close to him (Tarkin, Yularen) had to guess at it.
So they most likely don't know he's Luke's and Leia's father.
Galaxy is a damn big place.
>>
>>78412639
Well, 'we're going for the OT market' seems to be the line with the new battlefront (even though the clone wars were probably one of the best things to come from the prequels if only for the visuals). So I'd imagine they would be hesitant to put him in.
>>
>>78412645
Baby shit for babies.
>>
>>78412617

Considering that random guy from Jakku apparently knew, it's possible that some of the better-informed citizens do, though not everyone.

I think Darth Vader's identity was a secret, though. If it was common knowledge, I doubt that the Rebellion would have just overlooked the fact that their new ace pilot and their greatest enemy have the same last name.
>>
>>78412652
I think for Yoda they would an exception, since for Palpatine they at least could have him use Force Lightning, while Yoda never displayed any special powers like that
>>
>>78412645
Absolute shite.
>>
>>78412676
Damn.
>>
>>78412422
>Inquisitors
Why? Oh god why? So fucking stupid, I thought this was suppose to be about rebels and bounty hunters, why do they feel the need to add all these Sith peons. I remember reading the back of a lightsaber toy box that said something like "When these two forces of good and evil meet in battle, the clash of their blades echoes throughout the galaxy." and I was like FUCK YEAH. But you know, every time you put cheap lightsaber battles like these in the show it just washes them thinner and thinner. The Inquisitors just feel like they were shoehorned in so they can have flashy fight scenes, as if this is a show for kids.
>>
>>78412645
The best show ever made, a timeless classic of a series that all ages can enjoy.
>>
>>78412692
True, unless they want to have Yoda just Force push everyone, the lightsaber is kind of needed
>>
>>78412513
I can't find source. IIRC, the actual statement was that they acknowledged they made mistakes which led to the game not selling as well as they hoped. I remember IGN did a video on it if you wanna' sift through that shitheap.

And I dunno', I got the impression that Dice genuinely only like the OT, and most of the developers probably haven't looked twice at anything Star Wars for a decade until TFA was announced.

>>78412572
I sadly, paid full price. I'm enjoying the game, but I will not shill for it when it is so poorly presented.

>>78412573
HAH, I wish. You can be killed by a Wampa if you go out of bounds on Hoth.

Nah, just kidding, your character just trips over and "Killed by Wampa" pops on the screen.

>>78412574
Nah. Only other established OT-Era Lightsaber heroes are Kanan and Ezra, neither of which would be nearly as fun as dual-weilding as Ahsoka. Kanan would just be a Luke clone. Ezra would be interesting actually, with his blaster-saber thing, but Ahsoka would clearly be the more popular and desired choice.

>>78412582
I dont think anybody has been able to explain what Dice were thinking when they said space battles aren't fun. Because there's no logical reason for it. Just take Fighter Squadron, put it in space, slap on some Star Destroyers to fly around, a cool planet in the distance, and bam. Laziest space battle ever, but it would have sufficed. And imagine what could be done with some effort.

>>78412586
I was thinking about him. But I remembered the GOD AWFUL NEVER WORKING SABER CLASH feature, and realized it would be hilarious for them to try figure out how to animate Yoda in a saber clash against, say, Vader.
>>
>>78412687
He wasn't some random guy, he was clearly an old friend and ally of Luke and the Rebellion.
Also, I meant that if Darth Vader's identity became public after his death, I know it wasn't before it
>>
>>78412710
>as if this is a show for kids
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>78412728
The original EU had Anakin's identity as Vader public, with him being framed as the only jedi who didn't betray the republic and helped them deal with the uprising.
>>
>>78412710
>I thought this was suppose to be about rebels and bounty hunters
You'd be forgiven for thinking the show would be more focused on the Rebels. That was a big disappointment for a lot of people, that it turned out to be more focused on a much smaller "family", including 2 (now 3) force sensitives.

No idea where you got Bounty Hunters from though. They'll show up from time to time, but I never expected them to be common in the show.

Although technically, with the reveal about Sabine being Ex-Bounty Hunter...
>>
>>78410898
>http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/herocomplex/la-et-hc-the-vatican-star-wars-force-awakens-review-20151220-story.html

>vatican

Give me a single reason to care.
>>
>>78412645
Shitty first few seasons. God tier last few seasons. Some shitty Jar Jar/Padme and amazing Boba Fett episodes sprinkled in between.
>>
File: qt.jpg (842KB, 1080x1440px) Image search: [Google]
qt.jpg
842KB, 1080x1440px
>>
>>78412537
>yfw we get Greedo instead of ESB Bounty Hunters because he's more recognizable to general audiences
>>
>>78412788
Don't cut yourself on that edge, son
>>
>>78412788
>Give me a single reason to care.
Your place in Heaven next to the son of God instead of suffering eternal damnation in a lake of fire?
>>
File: 14303674517708.jpg (264KB, 657x952px) Image search: [Google]
14303674517708.jpg
264KB, 657x952px
>>78412302
It suits him
>>
File: rey_and_bb_8_by_jpbijos-d9l4c68.jpg (178KB, 1600x1131px) Image search: [Google]
rey_and_bb_8_by_jpbijos-d9l4c68.jpg
178KB, 1600x1131px
>>78412820
Rey is cute! CUTE!
>>
File: samus.jpg (328KB, 864x486px) Image search: [Google]
samus.jpg
328KB, 864x486px
Phasma x Samus is the truest secret ship

prove me wrong ye cannot
>>
>>78412874
Bossk was really popular back in the day, almost as much as Boba, but it's pretty much guaranteed they'd go for Greedo instead of 4-LOM, Zuckuss and Dengar.
>>
I might be the only person who loves Rey.
>>
>>78412963
Bossk is still a dignified and respected Bounty Hunter too. Gets the job done, and is loyal to his bros.

Boba is a loose canon.
>>
>>78412963
Moreso than Boba the entire point of Greedo is that he's a stupid punk who's in over his head and dies for it.

How do you give him a plot-centric role? It's like how every little person in the EU ended up with this incredibly overly intricate backstory because they were in the original film and thusly they needed developing
>>
First comes the day

Then comes the night.

After the darkness

Shines through the light.

The difference, they say,

Is only made right

By the resolving of gray

Through refined Jedi sight.
>>
>>78410898
Now I wonder what video games the Pope plays...
>>
File: xzin74fkpv4gfjiz3qql.png (437KB, 1083x580px) Image search: [Google]
xzin74fkpv4gfjiz3qql.png
437KB, 1083x580px
According to Before the Awakening, Rey learned how to fly by playing flight simulators on a computer.
>>
File: phasam4.jpg (61KB, 783x656px) Image search: [Google]
phasam4.jpg
61KB, 783x656px
>>78412961
It really is

Samus x Ghor is the only superior Samus ship

>>78413014
At the very least Bossk never doublecrossed Zuckuss in the EU because he knew Zuckuss really loves teamwork, Boba did it all the time. Bossk should be the poster boy for the hunters imo.
>>
>>78413078
Which is something that should have been given a quick mention in the movie.
>>
>>78413082
Have you read Ezra's Gamble? It's a short little story about a corrupt Imperial who frames Bossk for breaking the Bounty Hunter Guild laws, and Bossk bro-ops with Ezra to catch his bounty and clear his name.

Bossk is by FAR the best ESB Bounty Hunter.

He also helped Boba not get raped in prison.
>>
>>78413108
They were too busy making jokes to explain anything in the movie.
>>
>>78413108
>>78413147
They could have done both

>Wait, since when can you fly?
>I've flown lots of times
>You have?
>On Holosoft Flight Simulator
>>
File: Samus_and_Rundas_by_zimeta08.jpg (257KB, 543x656px) Image search: [Google]
Samus_and_Rundas_by_zimeta08.jpg
257KB, 543x656px
>>78413082
Samus x Ghor

hold up, friend. I think you mean Samus x Rundas.
>>
>>78413116

I remember him eating his dad alive in an EU story. Scary motherfucker.
>>
File: wesaidthat.gif (516KB, 266x266px) Image search: [Google]
wesaidthat.gif
516KB, 266x266px
>>78413078
That's how she also knew every mechanical problem with the falcon as well I guess and how she learned sword play and the force and how to win my heart.
>>
File: cross4.jpg (89KB, 801x838px) Image search: [Google]
cross4.jpg
89KB, 801x838px
>>78413116
Huh, didn't read this one, will definitely check it out now, though.

Did Zuckuss appear in anything in the new canon yet? He was my fave in the EU before the whole mental asylum thing.

>>78413201
Rundas is a decent option too. The secondary bounty hunters are all really underrated, it's such a shame we'll likely never see them again in anything ever again.
>>
>>78413301
I adore that post

>GET ME R&D!
>>
>>78413301
Nope, no Zuckuss yet. No 4-Lom either, but more surprisingly, no IG-88.
>>
>>78413330
There was another IG in Vader, though.

I'd like to see Embo interacting with more of the ESB hunter crowd, he was my fave out of the CW hunters.
>>
File: Ittybittywittykitty.jpg (1MB, 922x1163px) Image search: [Google]
Ittybittywittykitty.jpg
1MB, 922x1163px
>>78412982
Rey is pleb tier
>>
>>78413326
The mistletoe one is pretty cute too.

Tumblr has, oddly enough, delievered a lot of good Phasma content.
>>
is the TFA novelization canon?
>>
Poe should have stuck with Finn and been the one piloting the Falcon.
Rey should still have been an engineer since as a scavenger she'll have experience assembling and disassembling machinery.
>>
>>78413393
IG-90, yeah. It makes me think like IG-88 is going to be no big deal in Canon. Just one of many Bounty Hunting IG droids.

And I hope Embo shows up too. Filoni said he is the TCW Bounty Hunter most likely to show up on Rebels.
>>
>>78413421
Sure.
>>
>>78413421
Yes, where the film doesn't contradict it.
>>
>>78412914

>pagan rituals
>idolatry
>satan worship in some inner circles

The catholic church has very, very little to do with any of God's teachings
>>
>>78413249
She obviously learned ship mechanics from scavenging parts off crashed ships.

As for the force and swords...she wasn't actually any good in the lightsaber fight, it's just that Ren isn't either. And besides, the whole way the Light Side works is it takes the wheel for you if you believe hard enough. It's like when Yoda was trying to get Luke to lift the X-Wing out of the swamp, his whole point was there's nothing to learn, it's not like schoolwork, it doesn't require practice, the training simply consists of "stop doubting yourself and do it, faggot."
>>
>>78413432
That's in line with the original idea for IG-88, it was meant to be a team of 6 or 8 IGs initially in the EU iirc.

There was Embo graffiti in Rebels already so it'd make sense to see him again. Elderly Cad could be fun, too. The rest wasn't very remarkable or is already confirmed to be dead or retired.
>>
>>78413430
Rey or Finn shouldn't have even been in the film. it made sense to have Obi-wan and Luke together, but even then Obi-wan dies partway through. Here we have two main characters and we don't get to know either of them well enough.
>>
>>78413491
Rey was designed to be a mystery that unfolds in the sequels and there's nothing to know about Finn except possibly how someone could be raised in Stormtrooper Indoctrination school and still turn out a nice person with free will.
>>
>>78413481
They could be slowly building up to an IG-88 story where he kills all the competition, maybe? That's kinda' how it happened in the EU, and I don't mind that idea.
>>
Is Luke still the strongest force user in Disney canon or will they give that spot to Rey just to stick to Lucas even more?
>>
>>78413542
We have no idea. Luke hasn't really been shown to be too strong at all in Canon. Doesn't help that he doesn't have a proper Master, outside of the week or so with Yoda.

But considering Luke is (presumably) Rey's Master, I doubt she will end up much stronger than him at all.
>>
>>78413474
>it's just that Ren isn't either
Stop spreading this meme. Ren is a Jedi trainee from birth, he knows or at least should know how to fight better than some scavenger using a lighsaber for the first time.
>>
>>78413542
The force isn't a power tier wank in the movies.

"strongest" just means "if I pushed an object with TK and you pushed the same one, it'd be a back-and-forth but one of us would eventually win" like arm wrestling, not "I can make a giant storm with my mind" or "I can pull a Star Destroyer out of orbit" or some dumbass DBZ shit.
>>
>>78413596
>We have no idea. Luke hasn't really been shown to be too strong at all in Canon

he rekt a whole imperial base pretty much by himself a week or so after Endor in shattered empire, I think its fair to say he is pretty strong
>>
>>78413601
>from birth
Wrong, its never stated what age Han and Leia sent him away
>>
All this bounty hunter talk makes me realize how much I'd love to see a movie or cartoon about the ESB crew. Maybe with Embo instead of Fett, though.
>>
File: 1441468980870.jpg (35KB, 600x757px) Image search: [Google]
1441468980870.jpg
35KB, 600x757px
I saw the movie twice the day it came out, and then pretty much have been absent from 4chan since.

Just got back, and I've been waiting to do this:

pic related is still going to be true right?
>>
>>78413520
>Rey was designed to be a mystery that unfolds in the sequels
Yes, Just explain in other films, no need for the actually film to be good. Why does Disney want their own Marvel Universe so bad?
>>
>>78413601
>Ren is a Jedi trainee from birth

That's clearly not true. He was probably in his teens when he started demonstrating force sensitivity and Han and Leia sent him to Luke, and we know he never finished any of his training. And who the fuck would he have to practice his fencing against once all the other trainees are dead?
>>
>>78413619
Ehh, it wasn't too impressive. Just some close-quarter lightsaber whacking, and then using the force to send back some Thermal Detonators.

Ezra coulda' done all that with ease.
>>
>>78413644
Disney Infinity thought so before they squashed that little rumor.
>>
>>78413660

Snoke and the Knights of Ren?
>>
File: 1445322113251.jpg (100KB, 720x900px) Image search: [Google]
1445322113251.jpg
100KB, 720x900px
>>78413644
Also, did anyone else felt that the SFX was kinda shit in the movie?

the blaster shots from the x-wing sounded so low volume wise, and the Skywalker lightsaber didn't use that classic sound enough.
>>
>>78413658
Watch A New Hope and only A New Hope.

Tell me who Darth Vader is.
>>
>>78410324
>not the tentacle monsters
need more anime man
>>
>>78413644
It's so obvious that it's more likely going to turn out being a misdirection and they'll end up being unrelated
>>
>>78413644
>people think Snoke being Plageous won't happen because the audience would be like 'who the fuck is Plageous?'
>they think they would introduce some random woman Luke married, had kids with, and died off screen
>>
>>78413694
not him, but he's just an imperial henchman whose implied to be powerful and last of the jedi
>>
>>78413680
None of the Knights of Ren except Kylo are holding lightsabers in the flashback.

And who says Snoke uses one either?
>>
>>78413687
>the Skywalker lightsaber didn't use that classic sound enough
I agree. I was listening closely to the sound effects during that fight scene, and when the saber first ignites I was put off a bit.
>>
>>78413716
>And who says Snoke uses one either?

dude, he's totally gonna fight Luke with one in IX, totes
>>
>>78413630
>>78413660
You say "Never stated" and "probably" sent in his teens. Really you don't know either and you can assume he was sent at any age making this argument endless I guess. Disheartening.
>>
>>78410560
>he could start monetizing her.
that's what he said, sucking a lot of dick
>>
>>78413694
I'm talking about the main characters. I can tell you who Luke is in ANH.
>>
>>78413714
Well that's about the same amount of detail as what we know about Rey's backstory and personality if not less, so there you go.

Saving backstory exposition and character development for the sequels is not some new fucking innovation in screenwriting that Marvel Studios invented like it didn't exist in the 1900's, people need to stop pretending to be retarded so that they can have a reason to be angry.
>>
File: Sith_Lords_by_KEGO44.jpg (517KB, 1013x1350px) Image search: [Google]
Sith_Lords_by_KEGO44.jpg
517KB, 1013x1350px
>>78413716
>this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd_8-NCN5CU

Watch till the end and you will know it to be true
>>
>>78413769
I want to believe.
>>
>>78413769
Snoke is Trench
>>
>>78413731
Unless they copy RotJ and have him use some never-before seen ability.
>>
>>78413728

right?

I got that Kylo's saber was different, but Luke-Anakin saber wasn't that saber from either the pre-quels or IV and V
>>
>>78413414
Tumblr has made quite a lot of good Star Wars art. Phasma included.
>>
>>78413769
That wouldn't make sense, Sheev said that he killed him and if he was lying then where was Snoke in the original trilogy?
>>
>>78413814
No good porn yet
I've been constantly checking
Welp, time to monitor the fanfiction scenes. Written porn is just as good.
>>
>>78413832
This
Why would sheev lie about killing his master? Why would he even keep him alive? What use would that be?
>>
>>78413814
They love the riot trooper too.

>>78413837
Give it time, tumblr likely has a certain amonut of people who too enjoy gentle femdom and will make sure to check how Gwen Christie looks like before writing
I can't take Phasma fanart with humongous boobs seriously
>>
File: 2000px-Heroesjourney.svg_.png (176KB, 1200x1206px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Heroesjourney.svg_.png
176KB, 1200x1206px
>>78413832
>snoke's defining characteristic is his wounds

Makes perfect sense.
>>
>>78413879
>They love the riot trooper too.
>The riot trooper
>Riot trooper

Nigger, he has a name.
>>
>>78413748
I can probably tell you who Rey is in roughly the same amount of detail.

Luke is a naive, wide-eyed, somewhat whiny kid whose father died a Jedi hero and his aunt and uncle adopted him. He wants to do heroic adventure shit but they kept him sheltered so he doesn't end up like his dad...and then the plot happens.

Rey is an orphan who was abandoned by her family in the care of a junk dealer. She's lonely and a bit cynical and pushy from scavenging to survive in an environment full of shitty petty crooks but still good-hearted. All she wants is for her family to come back for her but deep inside she knows they're not coming, though she refuses to admit it...and then the plot happens.
>>
>>78413894
But does he have a Wookiepedia article?
>>
>>78413894
which is?
>>
>>78413178
This would've been great and it would only take three seconds. That's all we need.
>>
File: 1384031639825.gif (1009KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1384031639825.gif
1009KB, 500x280px
>post yfw: Phasmafags like myself got BTFO
>>
>>78413934
>anon doesn't know about TR-8R

>>78413932
Sixes had one, we should give TR-8R one too.
>>
>>78413932

He actually does, although he's only titled as "Unidentified Riot Control stormtrooper"
>>
>>78413837
>No good porn yet
That's the problem, I've been waiting for 4chan to do it, but it's disappointed me.
>>
>>78413971
Of course he does. God bless the Wook.
>>
>>78413971

aaaaaand someone is editing it as I type to say TR-8R.

Which one of you is responsible for this.
>>
>>78413769
Y'know, I'd be A-OK with Snoke being Plageuis.
>>
Why does the new stromtrooper design make them look like stubby fat ducklings. Is their a reason behind this intention?
>>
File: gc6.jpg (359KB, 1280x1768px) Image search: [Google]
gc6.jpg
359KB, 1280x1768px
>>78413984
>implying all Phasma porn won't be just a pile of ooc shit that looks nothing like the actress
>>
>>78413999
I wish I could say it was me
>>
>>78413879
Me either, wrong bodytypes in fanart of my favorite character irk me.

>>78413951
That pissed me off the most, all that hype and she does nothing but get thrown in the trash. Holy Shit, she better be better in Episode 8.
>>
File: Legacy_characters.jpg (517KB, 2048x699px) Image search: [Google]
Legacy_characters.jpg
517KB, 2048x699px
L E G A C Y
>>
>>78413769
So everybody bitched that Sheev lightsaber fighting in the prequels was a dumb idea...and now you niggers want Snoke/Plagueis to also be doing goofy fencing moves instead of acting like a proper evil force wizard?
>>
>>78413832
all he said was that his apprentice killed him not him himself. Since the book is no longer canon we don't know who his apprentice is
>>
>>78412572
>got it free
>with the purchase of a multi-hundred-dollar console!

Boy I wish people would stop acting like paying money for things is "free". It's the most ass-backwards thing.
>>
>>78414052
ayy lmao
>>
>>78412422
>if Dice have any shred of care for the fans
AHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHA
are you serious?
>>
That reminds me, anybody else notice that Stormtrooper with the fat ass near the end of the movie at Starkiller base? (S?)he was at the back of a line of them.

I actually thought it was Finn undercover at first because of his, uhh, body shape. But he/she definitely stood out among the other Stormies.
>>
>>78413984

I've been wanting to write something short, the problem is trying not to piss people off. Me, I feel like Phasma would be kind of cold, clinical, going through the motions type, so that's what I'd want to write, but everyone else seems to think she's some kind of femdom icon.

I can't get people to fap with half-hearted characterization, anons.
>>
File: 3663.gif (1MB, 600x706px) Image search: [Google]
3663.gif
1MB, 600x706px
>>78413999
>>
>Sheev

This isn't /tv/
>>
>>78411163
Kek
>>
>>78414095
When he acts like Palpatine, I will call him Palpatine.

When he's lightsaber fighting with Yoda, his name is Sheev.
>>
>>78414095
It's his name, anon.
>>
>>78414057
he is a blank slate. All we have is his name I dont care what they make him do or how he does it I just want some damn sith lords in muh git damn star wars
>>
>>78412723
>I sadly, paid full price
>but I will not shill for it

My friend, you have already been used to your full potential. You actually bought the damned thing full price, even when you knew it was shit.
>>
>>78414095
It's his name mang.
>>
File: SheevTweet.png (520KB, 580x610px) Image search: [Google]
SheevTweet.png
520KB, 580x610px
>>78414095
>>
>>78414095
Who's responsible for the name anyways? Disney? Or did they rummage through George's notes and find it.
>>
>>78414095
>Sheev killed Snoke
>killed
>POTTERY

As Plagueis expired, his apprentice experienced a monumental disturbance in the Force, which he interpreted as a shift that anointed him the sole agent of the dark side. But he also experienced a sensation of sadness and loss in the Force. Sidious initially feared that the cause of this unease was a sign that his master's experiments had succeeded after all, that Plagueis' spirit had somehow survived earthly destruction, and would return at any moment to exact vengeance on his treacherous apprentice. However, after learning of Darth Maul's apparent death at the hands of Obi Wan-Kenobi on Naboo, Sidious dismissed his concerns, deciding that this was the true cause of the feeling of loss he experienced.
>>
>>78414137
The Lucasfilm Story Group. Disney has no involvment in the story of Star Wars. They basically just make money off of merchandise and put their logo on everything.
>>
>>78414044
>Me either, wrong bodytypes in fanart of my favorite character irk me.

Fanart shouldn't really be restricted I guess, but I just don't get the point. Let's not kid ourselves, 90% of Phasma's appeal comes from how Christie looks. You can draw 90% of SW women with giant breasts, but it really seems pointless here. Don't like that she's a head taller than you and flat? Draw any random twi'lek instead.
>>
>>78414137
George gave Lucasfilm Story Group the name directly when Luceno was writing Tarkin and was asking if he could actually reveal Palpatine's first name.
>>
>>78414087
>I feel like Phasma would be kind of cold, clinical, going through the motions type, so that's what I'd want to write
Then go for it man, I'd read it. I like femdom at times but something new being brought to the table is fun too.
>>
>>78414120
>>78414122
>>78414133
>>78414134

It's stupid and it got driven into the ground faster tan Bane memes
>>
>>78414137
Probably George's notes, the LSG would never change something George established before selling the franchise. And if Palpatine really had no first name, then the Story Group Woulda' come up with it. But I honestly suspect George came up with it, but just never put it in anything. That happens a lot. Like with the Wookies and their connection to nature, Lucas has treated as fact since ANH, but we've never seen it implemented into canon.

Back to your question though, Sheev was first mentioned in Canon material in "Tarkin", by Luceno.
>>
>>78414167
>Disney has no involvment in the story of Star Wars
Yes, believe all their lies goyim, Disney clearly never effected the franchise so far in any way. It's still going the exact same as it would have without them buying it.
>>
Disney Infinity dropped a huge bombshell. Oops.

https://youtu.be/TNXRZd5vkdo?t=1230
>>
>>78414065
Are you retarded?

>I'm gonna get an Xbox one anyway
>Do I get the console only?
>Or do I get console + game for the same price?
>>
>>78414213
Jesus, you're stupid. How has this lasted through like four threads?

HE'S SAYING CURSES.
>>
>>78414169
Yeah, that's how I feel about it.
What's the point of making fanart of something you like when you're going to change it so drastically it doesn't even look like the same character anymore.
>>
File: 2015-12-24 17.15.06.jpg (967KB, 1159x1437px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-24 17.15.06.jpg
967KB, 1159x1437px
>>78414095
That's his name you fucktard
A name is a name. Doesn't change just because we're not on /tv/.
>>
>>78414213
It will be the day before Ep 8 comes out and there will still be people that think Kylo says "Face me cousin"
>>
File: ac0.jpg (78KB, 861x564px) Image search: [Google]
ac0.jpg
78KB, 861x564px
>>78414213
>>
>>78414337
and then ep 8 will come out and they turn out to be cousins. why didn't we listen!?
>>
File: 1448410210495.jpg (309KB, 514x720px) Image search: [Google]
1448410210495.jpg
309KB, 514x720px
YO, HOW COME NO CLONE WARS DOWNLOADS IN THE PASTEBIN WHAT THE FUG BRAH
>>
sheev did nothing wrong
>>
File: gc26.gif (2MB, 545x238px) Image search: [Google]
gc26.gif
2MB, 545x238px
>>78414087
I'm definitely in the "femdom icon" camp but that sounds nice too, go for it, I'd read that, We know very little of the character so far so there's a plenty of room for your own interpretation.

As long as it's not tentacle shit or generic anime waifu wth huge tits fic #45656 I don't really think you'll make anyone upset.
>>
>>78414407
Sheev lost
>>
File: nigger.jpg (23KB, 200x297px) Image search: [Google]
nigger.jpg
23KB, 200x297px
what the fuck is Disney infinity?
>>
>>78414243
That doesn't mean you got the game for free.

But whatever you gotta tell yourself. No skin off my nose.
>>
>>78414391
expect everyone here to just say

>netflix brah
>>
File: 3213131.png (75KB, 103x321px) Image search: [Google]
3213131.png
75KB, 103x321px
>>78414466
I refuse to believe someone can be this retarded and I will dismiss your posts as low quality bait
>>
File: Hondo Ohnaka.png (697KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
Hondo Ohnaka.png
697KB, 1920x816px
>>78414407
You're right.

>>78414391
I've been building a TCW MEGA for some time now, and it's almost complete. It will probably be finished a bit before Rebels returns.

For now, Hondo's secret stash should should do.

TCW Season 5 E1:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8IYDv4G5X-mU3RyTjQ3UVQ0Rkk

TCW Season 5 E2-9:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B83V2k3y4UHyc19ueElKeFJDSms&usp=drive_web

TCW Season 5 E10-20:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8IYDv4G5X-mbTdNSjZlQXE4Wnc

TCW Season 6 [ALL]:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw1jiWtun7kBcG1vZEd6Q3owNVE
>>
>>78409700
What the fuck is the point of the damned game? I'm so glad that I didn't buy the game because holy fuck I would've been pissed.
>>
File: Sheev.jpg (11KB, 364x375px) Image search: [Google]
Sheev.jpg
11KB, 364x375px
Merry Christmas /swr/
>>
>>78410898
Nolan does it again bravo
>>
>>78414462
Disney's version of Skylanders/Little Big Planet
>>
>>78414525
>What the fuck is the point of the damned game?
To get easy money without having to actually work for it.
>>
>>78414527
Merry Christmas to you too, Sheev.
>>
>>78414651
what the fuck is skylanders?
>>
>>78414527
>Something something something something desu.
>>
>>78414804
Video game that interfaces with toys that are sold separately. Lately, Disney and Lego have gotten in on that so-called cash cow (Disney's Infinity and Lego Dimensions).
>>
>>78414527
What's Christmas?

Is that like Life Day?
>>
>You will never wear Poe's jacket and have him tell you that it fits you.

;_;

Why is Poe he so perfect?
>>
>>78413542
I thought Palpatine or aanakin were the strongest
>>
>>78414052
N O N C A N O N
>>
File: 1451003641498.gif (3MB, 300x150px) Image search: [Google]
1451003641498.gif
3MB, 300x150px
I want him to have more screen time in Episode VIII.
>>
>>78414849
Nintendo too with their "Amiibo" or whatever
>>
>>78414926

That outfit looks absolutely idiotic without the hood up. The little lip around the bottom of the helmet makes it look like a womans hairdo. Hopefully they redo it between movies.
>>
File: Kylo Ren - 24.jpg (147KB, 752x1062px) Image search: [Google]
Kylo Ren - 24.jpg
147KB, 752x1062px
Why is Kylo's Helmet so fucking appealing to look at?

Not even Revan'smask was that cool.
>>
>>78414849
so basically its amiibos
>>
>>78414971
I've grown fond of it.
>>
>>78414971
It's not. makes him look like a duck.
His lightsaber is fuckawful also.
>>
File: [Theme of Melancholy].jpg (24KB, 635x475px) Image search: [Google]
[Theme of Melancholy].jpg
24KB, 635x475px
>>78415012
Holy Shit...
Now I see it.
>>
File: 645454.png (276KB, 779x425px) Image search: [Google]
645454.png
276KB, 779x425px
>in line to see episode 7
>everyone seems to think Darth Vader's helmet is based off nazi helmets
>try not to let my inner sperg release
>>
>>78415028
Please.

Everyone knows it's based off of a map.
>>
>>78414881
He is a manufactured husbando
>>
>>78414318
is that tarkin?
>>
Finally saw TFA after successfully avoiding spoilers all week. Really enjoyed it, but am I the only one annoyed at how little they seem to be planning on revealing outside of movies for now? We've got 30 years of these characters' history, but all the new EU stuff is pre-RotJ only or immediately post-RotJ.

I really want to know more about what the hell has been happening for the past 30 years but it's looking like I have to wait til 2017 for Episode VIII before we'll get any more info.

Disney seems set on leaving the new EU stuck in the Rebellion Era for the next 4 years.

Also did they just kill Han off because Harrison Ford is too expensive for 3 movies?
>>
>>78414971
Because they knew how high the expectations for the new main villain were, so they tried their best to make him look, sound and appear both unique and "Vader-like" at the same time. That's why they casted based Driver for that role. He really killed it.
>>
File: sampleluft.jpg (41KB, 476x316px) Image search: [Google]
sampleluft.jpg
41KB, 476x316px
>>78414949
>The little lip around the bottom of the helmet makes it look like a womans hairdo
>Not liking a Stahlhelm
>>
>>78415008
First there was Skylanders and all of its sequels/spinoffs. Then came Disney Infinity and Nintendo's Amiibos. Now LEGO is doing it too with LEGO Dimensions.
>>
>>78415062
That would be him. Quite the horror movie legend back in the day.
>>
>>78415062
That's Peter Cushing, so yes, kinda. It's just the actor that plays him.
>>
>>78415082
They killed Han because Harrison hates Star Wars
>>
>>78415082
>did they just kill Han off because Harrison Ford is too expensive for 3 movies?
If anything, he asked for it. Begged even.
>>
File: 1412810150753.jpg (15KB, 624x476px) Image search: [Google]
1412810150753.jpg
15KB, 624x476px
>>78415149
hes old, they dont want a heath ledger on there hands
>>
>>78415082
Harrison Ford's wanted Han to die since Empire. The Carbonite was meant to be a way to write him out in case he decided not to do Jedi. And he didn't die in Jedi because George wanted a happy end and really, it would have made the first act of rescuing him kinda pointless.
>>
>>78415082
>I really want to know more about what the hell has been happening for the past 30 years but it's looking like I have to wait til 2017 for Episode VIII before we'll get any more info.
IIRC there's a new comic/book series that explains what happens between RotJ and TFA. Its called Road to TFA or something like that. its in the pastebin

>Also did they just kill Han off because Harrison Ford is too expensive for 3 movies?
there is literally nothing star wars cant buy
>>
>>78415163
It's probably why he was so happy and "rejuvenated" when working on TFA and subsequently appearing to promote it.
>>
File: 145666627752.jpg (24KB, 417x417px) Image search: [Google]
145666627752.jpg
24KB, 417x417px
>>78415163
Starkiller only exists to make it so there is absolutely positively no way Han can ever come back in the future
>>
>>78415197
>Starkiller
>We thought it was because it blows up Sun's.
>Actually exists to kill the movies star, Harisson Ford.
Like poetry.
>>
File: 1450657973827.jpg (269KB, 627x886px) Image search: [Google]
1450657973827.jpg
269KB, 627x886px
5 > 6 > 7 > 4 > 3 > 1 > 2
>>
>>78415238
Oh shit.
>>
>>78415246
shitty taste indeed
4>5>6=3>1>2
>>
>>78415149
>>78415163
Atleast Chewie wasn't killed for a stupid reason. That alone makes me happy the old EU is gone.

>>78415177
The Journey to TFA comic didn't really show anything sadly. The only thing of note was that Luke stole back two tree saplings from an old Jedi Temple, keeping one for himself and giving one to some woman. It was really disappointing.
>>
>>78415246
5 > 4 = 7 > 6 > 3 > 1 = 2
>>
>>78415082

Saw it coming because he always wanted to kill the character off since jedi.
>>
File: 1450751888455.png (648KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450751888455.png
648KB, 1280x720px
what is it about twi'leks that are so... lewd
>>
>>78415300
The Lekku.
Moving bits draw the eye.
>>
>>78415173
wheres all this ford hates star wars coming from? is he blogging it or am i just ignorant and hes always felt this way since like you said empire.
>>
>>78415300
Literally created to be sex slaves.
>>
>>78415274
>The Journey to TFA comic didn't really show anything sadly
It was all about the Dameron family.
>>
>>78410441
>Phasma being obsessed with killing Finn, leadind to a fight between them at Starkiller Base.
I hope this becomes a thing
I want to see Finn as the First Order's most wanted and every trooper out to get him personally
>>
>>78415325
>never goes to conventions
>crashed plane to avoid a convention earlier in the year
>only went to ones after that because he won't have to in the future
>>
>>78415274
>The Journey to TFA comic
You do realize that's just the publishing program they started in September, right? Most of the stuff released under it has little to do with the film. Shattered Empire was centered around Poe's parent's though.
>>
>>78415373
sounds like he hates nerds
>>
>>78412212
I could go for that. A proper post-Yoda's bullshit Master/Padawan relationship should be an unrivalled intimacy.
>>
>>78415373
>crashed plane to avoid a convention earlier in the year
with one survivor
>>
>>78415393
The Journey to TFA stuff was created for the express reason of showing some minor TFA things. It doesn't matter when it started.
>>
Speaking of Phasma. I was amused how before the movie everyone was making a huge fuss about how she was going to be this strong female figure and whatnot, then the movie comes out and she did absolutely nothing except get captured.

I hope she does something more in the next movie, otherwise it's a waste of what could be an interesting character.
>>
>>78415325
Yeah man, look up any of his interviews. Some of them he was flat out saying he hates Star Wars. I know he said he found Han a boring character to play. And yeah, he asked repeatedly to be killed off. The entire Carbonite scene was supposed to be his death, and he was the only member of the original cast that didn't agree to do RotJ. I dont know why he changed his mind in the end. I'm guessing it involved a lot of money. He also never went to conventions, and avoided the fans. Something in common with Alec Guiness I guess.

Anyways, he made by FAR the most money of any of the actors on TFA, and he died. It's not impossible that he only agreed to do the movie because of a huge paycheck, and the promise that he'd never have to return.
>>
>>78415448
>then the movie comes out and she did absolutely nothing except get captured.
that's not true

she displayed her excellent memory skills by saying Finn's number over and over again
>>
>>78415437
My point still stands. Most of the stuff had little to do with the film outside of a few related things. If you were expecting major info to come out of them you're fooling yourself.
>>
>>78412982
She's slowly growing on me.
>>
>>78415082
Keeping Han alive would've been stupid. His arc is finished and he would just be there and take away screen time of the new characters for no reason. His death will most likely give Rey, Finn and especially Kylo Ren more interesting character development and who knows what Leia and Chewie are going to do now? Yes, Ford probably demanded it, but every competent writer would've done it anyway.
>>
>>78415448
>everyone was making a huge fuss about how she was going to be this strong female figure
That's marketing for an audience that doesn't care for SW, for you.

>>78415467
>she displayed her excellent memory skills by saying Finn's number over and over again
One of her character details is to memorize all of the troopers under her command's unit-number.
>>
>>78414052
>Cade "Shitbag" Skywalker

Fuck Legacy.
>>
>>78415476
I can understand peoples disappointment though, they were kinda' led to believe there would be important things. The only thing of note was the possibility that the force tree somehow affected Poe to help him be a great pilot.

My own disappointment mostly stems from the fact that it was only 4 issues long, just like the Maul comic. I feel like Comic stories need at LEAST 5 issues to satisfy me, or they just feel rushed.
>>
>>78414083

"Aren't you a little FAT for a stormtrooper?"
"...[dunno, think of sth]"
>>
>>78415477
yeah something's slowly growing
>>
File: 1450748521881.png (886KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450748521881.png
886KB, 1280x720px
Mr. Solo, I'm R.E.N.
>>
>>78414971
Kylo was based as fuck even without the helmet on. I knew Driver would own that role and he has. Can't wait to see him in two years, once Snoke has finished his training and turned him into a death machine.
>>
>>78415300
Because you've been pre-programmed to see Twi'leks in only one capacity, despite them being visually unappealing.
>>
>>78409958
>n her fight with Kylo, she made a lot of thrusting attacks with the saber. Not slashes or swings like we usually see.
She made tons of slashes. Her thrusts were rare actually.

But I agree a staff for her would make sense.
>>
File: 1448413668418.jpg (773KB, 1049x744px) Image search: [Google]
1448413668418.jpg
773KB, 1049x744px
>>78415597
>despite them being visually unappealing.
twi'leks and Togrutas > every star wars race
>>
>>78415566
I'm going to rain on your parade and say he was shit

Not even because he was a whiny ass who faps to Vader for ill-explained reasons. I don't like it but I can accept that details have been saved for future movies. It's because he says he's conflicted over the light and dark sides but never does anything good to show it. They dropped the ball.
>>
>>78415522
I don't think people were expecting any big reveals or anything for the movies, but people were hoping we could get some stories that take place outside of the the Rebellion era.

Everything seems so focused around the OT these days. Give us some interesting stories that take place in that gap between Return and TFA, even if they don't feature any of the characters from TFA.

Aftermath was a nice attempt, but they hired a writer with all of the talent of a 10-year old fanfic author, and who had the attitude of one too when it came to criticism.
>>
>>78413470
>The catholic church has very, very little to do with any of God's teachings

We're talking about the dude who was really into foot baths, animal sacrifice, and godfights.

The Catholic Church is the most true of all churches.
>>
>>78415630
Keep fantasizing, faggot. The second some bitch with head tentacles shows up and demands that you fuck her, you'll be as limp as your taste.
>>
>>78410409
Better chance he's Snoke since he's confirmed to have lived through the OT and has blue eyes.
>>
>>78415012
Oh god I see it. You've effectively ruined it for me.
>>
>>78415682
>confirmed to have lived through the OT
Now you're just making shit up.
>>
>>78415673
>projecting
>>
>>78415658
>Aftermath was a nice attempt
>a writer with all of the talent of a 10-year old fanfic author
Who wrote this thing and why were they bad? Haven't really kept up with the novels all that much.
>>
File: star-wars-holiday001-695x365.jpg (45KB, 695x365px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-holiday001-695x365.jpg
45KB, 695x365px
Happy Life Day, /swr/.

May you spend this holiday with your loved ones, and maybe even see the Force ghosts of your deceased loved ones.

Is Life Day even still canon? Was it ever?
>>
>>78415732
what if disney made life day the only thing canon about star wars
>>
>>78410409
I liked to think that the dude Poe got the map from at the beginning of the movie was Kanan or something, since I never caught a name in the movie.

Reading TFA's novelization now to see if there's any new/extra info or scenes not in the movie, but so far it hasn't really added anything outside of giving names to a few characters like him.
>>
File: 14360587845069.png (351KB, 1920x1198px) Image search: [Google]
14360587845069.png
351KB, 1920x1198px
>>78415732
>tfw dead dad never tries to talk to me through the Force
>>
>>78415757
His name was Lor San Tekka or something like that.
>>
>>78414031
>>78413984
>>78413837

>>>/aco/271079
>>
>>78415727
The prose is atrocious and it reads like a lazy it was written in a weekend with no edits or rewrites from the first draft. It also had a lesbian couple mentioned once or twice that nobody paid any attention to, but when people criticized the writing the author blew up and called anyone who didn't like the book a homophobe. It was pretty amusing how much of a delusional twat the guy is.
>>
>>78410898
Meh, it's kinda true about JJ being a bit ADD and not knowing how to truly stabilize on a slow and steady moment but the film was still an incredibly fun ride, I enjoyed it much more than Batman Begins.
>>
>>78415801

>curvy titty monster
>actual Gwen is a twig

This is the exact kind of shit they complained about, anon
>>
>non-brits can't see that daisy is just a spoiled upper middle class slag
>>
File: 1433220162962.jpg (45KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1433220162962.jpg
45KB, 500x374px
>>78415801
>inaccurate body type
>>
File: 1407121196074.png (222KB, 422x397px) Image search: [Google]
1407121196074.png
222KB, 422x397px
>>78415882
Yes we can.
>>
>>78415882

Her accent gives it away hard.
>>
>>78415794
Yeah, found that out in the book. Was disappointed that there's no real other info about him. I love that they left a love mystery for the later movies, but man am I bored waiting for some really good novels/comics. The Legends EU had a lot of terrible stuff too, but it's been really disappointing how little stuff worth reading has popped up for the current EU.
>>
File: TR-8R.png (196KB, 872x267px) Image search: [Google]
TR-8R.png
196KB, 872x267px
>>
>>78415727
Chuck Wendig wrote it. He hadn't really done anything of not prior. The book was very awkwardly done, written in second-person, and the writing style in general was just really frustrating to read. (That being said, I switched over to the Audiobook, which was really well done and adapted the book to an entertainable state)

The characters in the book were really weak. He was going for a "WWZ: Star Wars style" feel, but the execution just didn't work.

Then there's the LGBT drama. The book opens with him thanking his twitter followers for whom he claims are responsible for getting the job. If that sounds like a red flag to you, well its because it was. There's numerous gay characters in the book. I wouldn't have a problem with this, but it starts getting obnoxious when there's like 3 gay families, and a gay protagonist.

The absolute worst of it however, was the """reveal""" of the gay protagonist. He realized way too late into the book that the only single woman left in the book to take interest in the character was this hardened Zabrak Bounty Hunter, which led to the most awkward exchange ever. Like, Attack of the Clones tier bad dialogue, where she tries to hook up with the dude, and he's like "But, I can't, for I am gay!"

My god it was cringy.

(1/2)
>>
>>78415882
>slag

Rey Winstone
>>
File: Oh anon.jpg (67KB, 736x952px) Image search: [Google]
Oh anon.jpg
67KB, 736x952px
>>78415062
>not knowing Peter Cushing
>>
>>78415957
Anyways, the backlash he got, well, this is where things got pretty damn annoying. He was attacked by "The Alliance to preserve the Expanded Universe" or some shit, which is certainly unfair on Wendig. HOWEVER, Wendig goes full retard, making a couple posts on his blog/twitter claiming that a sizable portion of the "haters" were only disliking because he included gay characters, essentially using them as a shield from critisism. This climaxed with him posting an example where he discredited someones completely legitimate review because he found anti-gay marriage posts when lurking the dudes Facebook.

Incredibly immature behaviour.

Oh, and he had a bitchfit on twitter about how he wouldn't do anymore books, a week before he announced that he was 100% on board for two more.

TL;DR - Just a very poor writer, and very poorly behaved, and has created probably the worst book in Canon so far. The only good thing about it, is that it's so uneventful, that it doesn't hurt Canon in any way. It's just kind of there.
>>
>point out to some friends/acquaintances that both Finn and Leia were both defectors from the Empire/First Order
>everyone says "Leia was never part of the Empire!"
bitch the first thing she said in ANH was that she was part of the imperial senate
>>
File: 54151936_p0.jpg (625KB, 946x900px) Image search: [Google]
54151936_p0.jpg
625KB, 946x900px
>>78410061
>Rey is instantly ultracompetent in FOUR areas - piloting/repairs, shooting, unarmed combat and Force
Force governs all of that barring the droids (maybe?), you don't remember the other Jedi being incredible pilots? And TCW revealed if they pick up blasters they become aimbots.

>Fanfic. Certainly her lifestyle could not provide her any opportunities for that.
You're outright told otherwise in the film. Remember that even Luke fly in his T-16 even if he never left the planet.

>With a completely different weapon.
Shame there's no magical power that can help hone her instincts and form while also in an incredibly potent state from being restored due to the events of a millennia old prophecy...

>I know about Hawking and astrophysics, doesn't make me capable of accomplishing anything useful in that field.
Except the Force is about belief and once she knows it's real and can feel it she is free to try the techniques she's heard about, her belief and the restored balance to the Force fueling her great power.

>she's a Mary Sue
Impressive, you ignored 6 films entirely and the different circumstances in which Luke and Rey are introduced to the Force.

May you choke on many legos tonight.
>>
>>78415957
>written in second-person
Second-person would be stuff like "you" instead of "he"(3rd person) or "I"(1st person).

I'm guessing you mean present-tense as opposed to past-tense
>>
>>78416001
You sure told them.
>>
>>78415727
Author's name is Chuck Wendig and he's the worst writer I've ever seen. He's also an insufferable, loudmouthed SJW who put a couple of gay characters in to use as a shield against criticism, so when people were calling his shit book out for real problems like bland characters and bad prose his only response was something to the effect of "You're all just as bad as the Empire if you hate gays and Star Wars isn't for you". He openly credits tumblr going on a campaign against Disney on social media as the reason he even got the job. He's a cancer and is shitting on the franchise with his terrible writing and pointless agenda pushing.
>>
>>78415980
I just want to add my absolute highlight of the book; Nora.

This bitch hijacks a TIE Fighter, and crashes, believing there to be no ejector seat. You turn the page, and I shit you not; "I guess TIE Fighter's do have ejector seats after all!"

Then later in the book, she ABANDONS her son who goes off to save Wedge Antilles off-screen.

She steals a TIE Fighter, only to discover that the Rebels are obviously going to be shooting at her unknowingly.

Then Wendig pulls the "she dies! jk" card again by having her TIE caught in an explosion as the Chapters cliffhanger.

She is then awarded a medal at the end of the book.
>>
>>78416026
Present tense, yeah, my bad.
>>
>>78416040
>who put a couple of gay characters in to use as a shield against criticism

Don't be retarded. He didn't put gay characters in to use them as a shield against criticism, he put gay characters in because that's his advocacy.

AND THEN he used them as a shield for criticism after the fact.

Sequences of events anon, they're important.
>>
>>78413542
Yes.

Luke and Leia have the potential to be as strong as Anakin.
>>
File: Face-off.jpg (70KB, 599x745px) Image search: [Google]
Face-off.jpg
70KB, 599x745px
I am so glad that Finn is in this movie. Having someone who isn't related to some other major character and doesn't have some stupid destiny or legacy crap connected to them is refreshing. And hey, that the fact that his actions drive the plot and save the day are a bonus.
>>
>>78415879
>>78415905
I didn't make it
But that's the only Phasma porn I've seen so far
>>
>>78415972
The ending to Horror of Dracula still ranks as one of my favorite scenes.
>>
Chuck didn't even really use gays as a shield. He acknowledged that some people hated the book because of it (there were people legitimately doing that) but he attributed the criticism to other things as well, like the Alliance to Restore the EU.

He still was retarded for going on that witch hunt against that one reviewer though.
>>
>>78416079
What if he's a clone of Mace Windu
>>
>>78416079

I like that he's goofy and bumbling and constantly shitting his pants but when it comes down to it he faces Kylo down

Best sidekick disguised as focal character ever
>>
>>78416114
Already confirmed he wasn't a clone in the film, anon.
>>
>>78414466
It literally does.

>Console: $350
>Console+Game: $350

How much did the game cost, anon?
>>
>>78416136
But what if he's a clone but it's classified and so only Snoke knows.
>>
>>78416126
Yep. The most interesting heroes are the unexpected ones. He's the Eli Manning of Star Wars.
>>
>>78416136

That bit confused the shit out of me. Huxley says something about "the effectiveness of a clone army" early on when talking to Ben, but the First Order's stormies are taken at a young age and indoctrinated early on just like Jedi, not cloned.

Fuck was Huxley talking about?
>>
>>78416136
Clones can still be taken after being created and brainwashed.
>>
>>78416114
He better fucking not be. I'd rather Rey was related to Windu than him. at least it would explain how quickly she learned to fight with a lightsaber.
>>
>>78416069
There is no real distinction, using them as a shield against criticism invalidates him using them to begin with because the characters do not hold up on their own, they're there to push an agenda, and he clearly just wanted to continue to argue about it on the internet to get more tumblr followers. If you're going to use a gay person's rights as a weapon against people giving you a hard time for other reasons, then the original intent behind those characters is lost regardless. I should also mention that despite not having anything to do with the video game industry, he spent a great deal of time insinuating himself into gamergate shit just for attention and to argue as well. And he tried to link people negatively reviewing his book to that.
>>
>>78416177
You obviously weren't listening. Ben is the one that says the FO should use clones instead of indoctrinated children. Did you not read Servants of the Empire, where it's shown that Hux's father created the program the FO uses at an Imperial Academy? Why would he want to use clones when he could just use daddy's program?
>>
>>78416197
Rey is Sheev's daughter.
>>
>>78416207
Hux is a daddy's boy then?
>>
>>78416207
>Did you not read Servants of the Empire

I tend not to read the books directly connected to movies because tons of them are bad
>>
>>78414518
thanks hondo, but dont you have any other treasure? you know, the kind that jedis wont watch
>>
>>78415940
Holy fuck I hate /tv/ so motherfucking much
>>
>>78415824
>>78415957
>>78415980
>>78416040
Thanks for the info. Is he still writing or has this whole affair scared him off?
>>
>>78415933

Have you checked out Lords of the sith, twilight company or New Dawn?
>>
>>78416243
Still writing at least 2 more books, the rest of the Aftermath trilogy. I definitely won't be reading them. No idea how he isn't fired.
>>
>>78416243
He is confirmed to be doing two more books, but also claims that the fans have "turned him off Star Wars", but I think he was just being melodramatic.

His next book is a sequel to Aftermath called Life Debt, and it comes out next year.
>>
>>78415246
6 > 4 > 5 > 7 > 3 > 1 >2

That's right. RotJ is my favorite. Fight me about it.

I fucking love Ewoks
>>
>>78416243
He's writing two more Aftermath books.

The current EU is largely shit and it's really turned me off of reading anything else. There's only been like 3 or 4 decent things worth reading. The old EU had it's share of shit too, but this was supposed to be a fresh start and they really dropped the ball. It can't be that hard to write decent Star Wars stories, can it?
>>
>>78416264
Because writers, even work-for-hire writers like most licensed writers, are never really "fired" per se.

They're part of the publisher's stable. At most you'll see wfh writers relegated to lesser projects rather than severed relationships.
>>
>>78416279

>opinions
>>
>>78415467
>memorized the numbers
She has a heads up display that tells her that.
>>
>>78416273
That final duel between Luke and Vader in front of the Emperor is better than any duel in the prequels.
>>
File: best life day.png (106KB, 500x291px) Image search: [Google]
best life day.png
106KB, 500x291px
>>78414527
Merry christmas to myself
>>
>>78416300
Go to bed Chuck.
>>
>>78416279
Kanan has been fun

Also those /ss/ vibes
>>
>>78415980
Such a bad book. Even audiobook style, it's soso... the music and SFX are cool. Like the new Marvel audiobooks with a smaller cast
>>
>>78416301
It's a confirmed character trait for her to memorize the troopers' numbers, though, HUD or not.
>>
>>78416279
The old EU had a lot more good than bad overall, and certainly the volume of shitty books in the new canon is currently much greater due to there being fewer in total, but the ones that are good are really good. Lost Stars and Twilight Company are on par with the best of the old EU.
>>
File: Someone kill me.png (343KB, 767x674px) Image search: [Google]
Someone kill me.png
343KB, 767x674px
>>78416243
No anon, he's still writing a whole trilogy, and he's hinted that he's going to go in detail about how the Empire treats his gays. Be prepared for discrimination when we know firsthand the Empire gave no fucks about what people fucked in their leisure time, so long as it wasn't Rebel Scum. Be prepared for that soapbox to be trampled upon. Can't wait.
>>
>>78416238
I hate /tv/ too, but don't act like TR-8R isn't this year's dankest meme. And with only two weeks left to go.
>>
>>78416307

It's certainly the best fight in the series.

I like that Rey and Ben's fight in the forest mirrored it but I feel that Rey and Ben hadn't really, you know, EARNED that poetry, you know? Vader and Luke have a long history of mutual acrimony and ultramurder between them, and of course Vader's Luke's dad.

While sure Ben killed Rey's Han and royally fucked up her Finn, she's already trumped him twice before.

Rey beating Ben feels a little less like Luke raging out on Vader and more like He-Man fucking Skeletor's shit.
>>
>>78416279
What are you talking about? Canon is much better than Legends. The only bad thing so far is Aftermath, and it's better than most of the shit the EU came up with.

We've not had anything on the level of Karen Traviss, the Yuzhann Vong, or Trioculus yet.
>>
>>78416025
>thin arguments and a mountain of butthurt
>>
File: holycross.webm (3MB, 1800x1080px) Image search: [Google]
holycross.webm
3MB, 1800x1080px
>>78416112
Hell, I'm watching it right now with my little cousins to kill time til midnight. The little brats profess a hatred for 'old movies because they're all boring,' but they are enjoying the fuck out of it now. Can't wait until this scene happens.
>>
>>78416350
>there are people who unironically dislike the Jedi Prince series

I have only one thing to say to you, scum.

DARK GREETINGS
>>
>>78416368
>they will never star alongside each other again
>>
>>78416044
Nora, who'd rather ditch her infant son to join the rebels at the drop of a hat multiple times
>>
How much did Mark Hamill get paid to stand on a mountain and stare at the camera for 2 minutes anyway?

I love how much he hated having to grow a beard just to stand there for a bit and do nothing.
>>
>>78416372
I like it, but I acknowledge it's utter shit.

Meet me in my Moffship. We'll be having a Mofference soon.
>>
>>78416403
>How much did Mark Hamill get paid to stand on a mountain and stare at the camera for 2 minutes anyway

I bet it was less than the jokerbux he gets from DC but more than the rest of his VA career
>>
>>78416403
He was also there for the flashback scene, unless they just had someone else dress up and touch R2 for a second.
>>
>>78416307
Their very different duels, though. This whole "there's real emotion in the RotJ duel!" thing that people go on about is way too simplified. Of course there's more emotion. It's not a physical battle of good vs evil or anything. It's father vs son. It's only about passion.

The prequel fights are about simply Jedi vs Sith. It's a totally different ball game.

The fight choreography in the prequels is mostly outstanding. Yeah, they're over-the-top, but that's kind of the point. Obi Wan/Qui Gon vs Maul is top tier; Yoda vs Dooku is awesome (that's right, I love Yoda with sabers); Obi Wan vs Anakin is outstanding, even if overlong.
>>
>>78416350
>couldn't even take Christmas off from shitposting
I hope you get a lump of Alderaan under you Life Day tree
>>
>>78416403
I'll tell you this much. He got paid way more than Ridley or Boyega did. And their the ones who had to run around in the desert in hot costumes for weeks.
>>
File: Meetra_Surik.jpg (59KB, 203x287px) Image search: [Google]
Meetra_Surik.jpg
59KB, 203x287px
I know
>non-canon
but what the fuck did Bioware do to the Exile? Where they that butthurt over Obsidians writing?
>>
>>78416307
It was a good duel but its dated as hell. The choreography is very awkward during Luke's charge.
>>
File: he is already at full cock now.jpg (45KB, 838x476px) Image search: [Google]
he is already at full cock now.jpg
45KB, 838x476px
>>78416447
>The prequel fights are about simply Jedi vs Sith

Except Obi-Wan's and Anakin's final fight obviously

Barring some questionable lines (everything that comes out of Anakin's mouth basically) that was the emotional high point of the prequel series
>>
>>78416499
Well of course. And there's a lot of great emotional moments in it. "You were the chosen one" speech is a GOAT Star Wars moment.
>>
>>78416403
I heard he was paid around 5 mil. Harrison got 25.

The new actors got shit though. Less than a million.

Does anyone know if the original cast still collects checks from merchandise after the Disney buy out?
>>
>>78416450
I've already got a lump of Alderaan. Right next to Tarkin's comfy slippers
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (280KB, 508x864px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
280KB, 508x864px
>>78416470

Other studios just tend to like boning Obsidian's lore with their own. Aside from the Exile getting lightsaber raped, don't forget what Bethesda did to the West Coast after Obsidian came out with New Vegas
>>
>>78416450

He's right though. We haven't gotten anything as bad as travis or the vong yet. Chuck's amateur hour compared to that.
>>
File: 1443603678848.jpg (180KB, 954x924px) Image search: [Google]
1443603678848.jpg
180KB, 954x924px
>everyone bitching about all these unexplained things about Rey, Kylo, First Order, Snoke, etc
>I'm the only one who just wants to know why Threepio has a different arm

When are they going to do a new Droids cartoon that covers this very important event?
>>
>>78416543
>implying Mandophilia and the racist extragalactic torture klingons are anywhere near as bad as the Crystal Star
>>
File: 1420354277828.png (245KB, 913x459px) Image search: [Google]
1420354277828.png
245KB, 913x459px
>>78416396
At least they're together again at last
>>
>>78416546
The picture you're posting is an edit of a cover for a comic that's going to explain exactly that
>>
File: vRhtoXH.jpg (864KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
vRhtoXH.jpg
864KB, 2448x3264px
>>78415940
Kek it's still there now

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_riot_control_stormtrooper

>>78416546
There's a one-shot comic delayed until February that tells how.

Though we already somewhat know why
>>
File: all i want for xmas.jpg (37KB, 250x423px) Image search: [Google]
all i want for xmas.jpg
37KB, 250x423px
>>78416578
Maximum hype
>>
>>78416578
James Robinson w/ Tony Harris on art.
>>
>>78416403
He kept it for the sequels and perhaps cameos in the anthology movies
>>
>>78416524
Did they ever get merchandise money?

If so, they still would. The contracts shouldn't have changed just because they were transferred, unless Disney bought them all out of the contracts.
>>
>>78416637
>Robinson

Fuck that shit
>>
>>78416643
He shaved it a few months back and then had to immediately start regrowing it for SW.
>>
>>78416554

I barely remember Crystal star, but remember disliking Darksaber more.
>>
>>78416661
Nah my man, checkout that Airboy mini he did, rawest shit all year. He really put himself outthere.
>>
>>78416697

I feel as though Crystal Star would make an excellent children's novel if it weren't so unchristly long
>>
File: rey.png (63KB, 1310x382px) Image search: [Google]
rey.png
63KB, 1310x382px
thoughts?
>>
>>78416643
>cameos in the anthology movies
Not a chance.

For one, I think they're going to do a decent job keeping the main saga out of the anthologies. But mostly -- which Anthology would Luke show up in?

>Rogue One
Luke didn't enter the story until after the plans were stolen
>Obi Wan
We don't know when it takes place, but it's obviously gotta be before he and Luke team up
>Boba Fett?
I know that's not confirmed by any means for the third one, but why would Luke be there?

And even more to the point -- even if he WAS in there for a cameo, he's 40 years too old to play a 20-year old Luke.
>>
>>78416713
>Maz Kanata
>the old asian lady character's name is just an anagram for "Katana"

It's like Elan Sleazebaggano all over again. Lucas may have left the franchise, but his influence remains.
>>
>>78416713
Yeah, that's a pretty common theory. Seems almost too obvious at this point.>>78416713
>>
>>78416720
Uhh, the Obi-Wan one isn't confirmed either. Han Solo is the second spin-off
>>
>>78416595
>It's a memento of another droid's sacrifice
Man, could you imagine if R2 wasn't in the movie and that was the droid who was sacrificed
it would be the smallest thing, but it would have so much emotion
>>
>>78416738
Oh fuck you're right. I'm retarded as fuck.

Point still stands. Unless the Han Solo movie takes place in between 4 and 5 (0% chance of that happening), Luke won't be there.
>>
>>78416728
>Elan Sleazebaggano

Holy shit, the Death Stick seller had a name. And it's fucking stupid. But well, death sticks were fucking dumb too so I guess it's only appropriate.
>>
>>78416595
I honestly think C-3PO is one of the best character designs of all time. It really nails the whole robot-designed-to-be-human thing. It's like a god-tier version of a Cyberman. The eyes, mouth, chest piece, exposed midsection ... man, I love it. And even the new red arm is rad as hell.
>>
File: 1450754324594.png (3MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1450754324594.png
3MB, 1000x1000px
>>78415552
BUBBLE BUTT BUBBLE BUBBLE BUBBLE BUTT
>>
>>78416812

I bet you're glad they didn't go with McQuarrie's original design

Man I had this artbook at some point, I think I gobbed it off at a used books sale
>>
File: moff takin slippers4.jpg (391KB, 1600x959px) Image search: [Google]
moff takin slippers4.jpg
391KB, 1600x959px
>>78416525
They look super comfy
>>
>>78416891
Ew. That thing's so odd.
>>
>>78416919
Man, Cushing was like the nicest dude ever.
>>
>>78416953

Is it his soft, feminine lips, or his massive barely concealed roboerection?
>>
File: 5.jpg (56KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
56KB, 1280x1024px
>>78416953
Well, it was supposed to be based on the robot from Metropolis if that clears things up.
>>
>>78416987
I still haven't seen Metropolis. I should get around to doing that that this weekend.
>>
>>78416919
Why was Cushing so adorable?
>>
Traviss fans actually exist
>>78416353
>>78417034
>>78415803
>>
>>78416987
I had a chance to get a figure of that robot.
>>
QUICK

Name the single best work of the new canon, not counting previously released things like the original six movies and The Clone Wars.
>>
>>78417154
The Force Awakens
>>
>>78417154
If we're counting TFA here then I'm picking that

Otherwise, Lost Stars
>>
>>78417154
The Force Awakens
or if you want non-movie stuff
Lost Stars
>>
File: 1446059843738.png (1MB, 605x1427px) Image search: [Google]
1446059843738.png
1MB, 605x1427px
>>78417154
Kanan.

With qt Depa Billaba
>>
>>78417154
Best written? A New Dawn

Most Enjoyable? Kanan

Most Fun? Vader
>>
File: Lando (2015) 003-000.jpg (3MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Lando (2015) 003-000.jpg
3MB, 1988x3056px
>>78417154
Lando
>>
File: 1447887170417.png (2MB, 1987x1003px) Image search: [Google]
1447887170417.png
2MB, 1987x1003px
>>78417218
More Depa
>>
>>78417143
...well, what happened?
>>
>>78417154
>A New Dawn
>Lando
>Kanan
>Lost Stars
>Moving Target
>Smuggler's Run
>Aaron's Star Wars

Whoops ... I named to many.

Yep, I like Aaron's Star Wars
>>
>>78417154
Servants of the Empire series.
>>
File: XMJ7xm4.png (17KB, 579x179px) Image search: [Google]
XMJ7xm4.png
17KB, 579x179px
>>78416403
He at least still has a sense of humor
>>
>>78417085

The werid thing is that her Gears of War novels aren't that bad, I just hated her star wars stuff with Cadeus. Then again Gears's story wasn't it's strong point so any fleshing out helped. And not that much of a fan of Halo but I hear she pissed them off royally.
>>
>>78417331
Ah shit, I forgot that one. Just finished it last week. It was goooooooood. And Hux Sr is in it.
>>
>>78417033
Some people just are.
>>
>>78417302
It never happened. Saw it while I was doing ROP work. By the time I got enough money to get it, it was already off the shelves. It was part of this series based on Silent Movie monsters (along with the Edison Frankenstein and the John Barrymore version of Mr. Hyde)
>>
>>78417257
This is correct.

Lando is good because it succeeds on its own merits.
>>
>>78417394
That is the greatest thing I've seen all year.
>>
>>78416713
Honestly I took the "same for me, big secret" thing as a joke.
>>
>>78417463
It's a pretty meta hint imo
>>
>>78417501
Possibly. If there is a big secret to her, it's probably nothing she herself is actually aware of. I don't really buy the idea that she was part of the Jedi trainees before she got dumped on Jakku (I especially don't buy the idea that Kylo was the one who left her there)
>>
>>78417550
>Kylo was the one who left her there

Good thing I never once said Kylo was the one who left her there
>>
>>78417585
I never said you did, but it's one of the more frequently mentioned ideas around here, usually alongside "Rey was a Jedi trainee"
>>
>>78417377
Her Halo books were like building a ginormous middle finger to fans.

There's a character called Catherine Halsey. She came up with the SPARTAN Program. Before Traviss's novels(and outside of her novels) Halsey has been portrayed as morally grey. She isn't evil, but she isn't exactly nice either.

It's mainly because the SPARTAN-II Program involved kidnapping children from their parents and replacing them with a flash-clone(which would then die soon after) and then training those children to be soldiers and then augmenting them to be super strong and durable. While this is really bad in the long run, the Spartans ended up giving humanity a fighting chance against the Covenant, the evil alien hierarchy that began attacking humanity. Halsey also treated the children like her own, and genuinely cared for them.

Without Halsey, Master Chief wouldn't exist and Humanity would've been annihilated.

In Traviss's novels, she completely takes away the good aspects and makes basically every character, old and new, hate on Halsey and criticize her. She makes a bunch of heavy-handed nazi comparisons and beats you over the head with the idea that Halsey=bad.

Basically, she replaced her Jedi hate with Halsey hate.

Also, her GoW stuff was pretty trash too IMO.
>>
>>78417621
well that's dumb since Kylo never said or hinted to knowing her
>>
So what is the point of Rogue One when the plot of this cartoon pretty much is the same thing? Seems like such a waste. New movie should happen between Jedi and TFA
>>
>>78417377
She demonizes Halsey and transfers her Mando love into ODST/Helljumper love
>>
>>78416279
The only good thing has been Tarkin apart from it producing the worst meme in 4chan history
>>78416307
This is what OTfags actually think

Prequel haters are so blinded by their hate they actually think the OT lightsaber duels are better.
>>
>>78417737
People will actually watch a movie.
>>
>>78417737
Not really. The show is focusing on how the Rebel Alliance is formed, the movie is focusing on how they got the Death Star plans.
>>
>>78417737
>So what is the point of Rogue One when the plot of this cartoon pretty much is the same thing?

Rebels is about how the Rebellion formed from a bunch of individual rebel cells.

Rogue One is about the theft of the Death Star plans.

They're two different things.
>>
>>78417812
They could get to that in the show though?

While fans are all up in arms over the lore and politics not being shown off more in TFA
>>
>>78417842
>They could get to that in the show though?
They won't. It was never the point of the series to show the Death Star plans being stolen, and now that Rogue One exists we know it won't be shown. Rebels was always about the formation of the Alliance to Restore the Republic.

This isn't the EU where we have like 7 different people steal the plans and then retcon them all to have only stolen part of the plans or just copies.
>>
>>78417749
>the worst meme in 4chan history
What's the meme from Tarkin.

Vader's been good, if largely pointless outside of watching Vader do Vader things.
>>
>>78413026
>tfw Journal of the Whills is still canon
>>
>>78413116
I mean, Boba's asshole was stretched later by that one planetary king, but it was nice while it lasted.
>>
>>78417890
>What's the meme from Tarkin.
I'll give you a hint. It rhymes with "heave"
>>
why would anyone want a boba fett anthology movie over an obi-wan anthology movie.
>>
>>78417953
I'm pretty sure the canonicity of that name predates Tarkin. It may have started all the shitposting with it, though I have no idea why it would in particular. Just how memes are, I guess.
>>
>>78416301
>one that works when Finn is wearing his boyfriend's jacket

yeah right
>>
>>78417975
The only people who seriously want a Boba Fett "Star Wars Story" spin-off are those who think he's a mandalorian.

>>78417978
Nope, Sheev came from Tarkin.
>>
>>78417737
>New movie should happen between Jedi and TFA
This desu senpai
>>
>>78417737
>What's the point of TFA?
>It's also about a Jedi, and that's what the OT was about
>>
>>78416524
Hamill got a cut of the merchandise, I believe. He only really works for fun.
>>
>>78417987
>What is facial recognition
>>
>>78416655
They did yes. As is often done they were offered shit pay, this is standard for unknown actors (which they pretty much were) especially on movies that may or may not be successful.

They were offered a cut of merchandising to make their bad pay seem less bad, no one knew the merchandise would be so huge though. This is why Hamil has said "I worked one job and never had to worry about money again." When asked if it bothered him he didn't get any more big roles. He didn't need them, none of them did.
>>
>>78410086
>36. “We then cut to Kylo Ren, who walks into the cockpit of the crashed Falcon. He sits in the pilot’s seat, and has a moment.” — Making Star Wars

This was in the novel which might be a cut scene.
>>
>>78418086
A pointless addition to helmet electronics when an RFID (or equivalent) system would work just as well.
>>
>>78417749
No the worse meme goes to "cuck" and "reddit"
>>
>>78417989
>Nope, Sheev came from Tarkin.
Really? I could've sworn it was older.
>>
>>78418184
Yep, it was first mentioned in Tarkin. Prior to that(even in Legends) Palpatine had no name.
>>
>>78418127
Fox only allowed all of that shit (and let Lucas hold on to the property rights while they only kept distribution rights for ANH) because they apparently didn't expect the movie to be that big- by promising actors and some crew members percentage based cuts, they could keep the cost down and once it became successful they'd make a tidy profit and they'd only need to give these other people a pittance afterward.

Of course, Star Wars exploded and suddenly those contracts meant that not only did Lucas get to keep the rights to sequels, but he and a several of the cast and crew were now soaking up a lot of the actual profit (apparently Spielberg is also involved there through a deal he made with Lucas, where each would get a percentage of the profits of each other's movie being produced at the time, in Spielberg's case it was Close Encounters). Fox has been pissed about their mistake ever since and for that reason they don't allow cast and crew to be paid with gross percentages anymore (in fact I don't think any of the big studios do this anymore purely because Star Wars made them see how badly it could backfire on them).
>>
>>78418255
Hell, the Plagueis novel went out of its way to avoid revealing his name, just confirming that he has one and then having him say he preferred to be called by his last name.
>>
File: symPqg9 - Imgur.png (43KB, 688x117px) Image search: [Google]
symPqg9 - Imgur.png
43KB, 688x117px
Looks like some people still need to play catch-up
>>
>>78417653
>>78417748

That does sound annoying.

As far as Gow is concerned they were better than that awful comic with the breeding program.
>>
File: 1447957327791.jpg (56KB, 474x450px) Image search: [Google]
1447957327791.jpg
56KB, 474x450px
>2ABY
>Trusting the force
>>
>>78418303
Someone should tweet to Pablo #RebelsRecon asking about the status of the Wookie Jam Crew.
>>
>>78418137
Unless, you know, you wanted a way to identify key Rebels on the fly.
>>
>>78418485
Why do you keep posting this?
>>
>>78418499
We know what happened to them, man. They were prisoners on that Star Destroyer, they were there when it blew.

Look, I miss them too, but we need to stop with all this stupid conspiracy theories. Now every moron that sees a couple of hairy guys at an Applebee's is going "OMG WOOKIEE JAM CREW IS ALIVE I SAW THEM" and it's just getting pathetic. We need to accept what happened to them and move on.
>>
>>78418528
He's trying to make a meme. It's not working.
>>
Friendly reminder that Mad Max: Fury Road currently ranks higher in critic approval and audience approval on both Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic than Star Wars and is currently nominated for best motion picture of the year at the Golden Globes.

Why didn't they just ask George Miller to direct Star Wars?
>>
>>78418623
>2015
>actually caring about RT and Metacritic scores
>>
>>78418623
>This movie is better than this other movie
Great observation.
>>
File: 1434774524601.jpg (791KB, 1416x2012px) Image search: [Google]
1434774524601.jpg
791KB, 1416x2012px
>>78418642
But they could have made their money AND had the movie be good.

It doesn't always have to be one or the other.
>>
>>78418623
>the Golden Globes

lel, those dumb shits think The Martian is a comedy
>>
I want a Filoni directed movie.
>>
>>78418661
It's certainly not a drama.
>>
>>78418678
It's closer to a drama than it is a comedy, but the Golden Globes wouldn't know that
>>
>>78418659

It's a good thing they got both anyway.

A difference of 3% on RT and 8% does not mean TFA is an objectively worse movie than Fury Road: That's well within the margin of error. Mathematically speaking they might as well be exactly the same.

Oh, and of course there's the fact that TFA has made $200 Mil more and has been out less than two weeks certainly helps.
>>
>>78418623
Friendly reminder that I don't care and enjoyed both movies quite a lot
>>
File: black adam.png (158KB, 479x348px) Image search: [Google]
black adam.png
158KB, 479x348px
>>78418718
>implying that The Force Awakens was good

You are too easily amused, anon. You're like a child.
>>
>>78418742
Or is it that you are too deeply cynical, like a teenager in rebellion
>>
File: wt.jpg (101KB, 965x716px) Image search: [Google]
wt.jpg
101KB, 965x716px
>You will never impress Daisy with a hand written love letter written in Aurebesh
>>
>>78418798
I can't fathom why you people find her attractive.
>>
>>78418820
I'm not gay, for one.
>>
>>78418820

Is she a literal 10/10, perfection incarnate? No. Is she a very attractive woman? Fuck yes.

You're allowed to masturbate to 7/10, man. Not everybody has to be fucking Aphrodite to get your dick hard.
>>
>>78418820
She's a girl
>>
>>78418868
>Is she a very attractive woman?

No, she isn't.
>>
>>78418692
You don't know what you're talking about. The film submits itself for consideration for a certain category. The producers obviously decided to submit as a comedy, because it's more likely to win than if it had to face up agains the drama nominees.
>>
File: n8R563D - Imgur.png (38KB, 685x122px) Image search: [Google]
n8R563D - Imgur.png
38KB, 685x122px
>>78418499
Looks like the questions we've had about the Wookie Jam Crew might be Answered
>>
>>78418913

What's your record for consecutive dicks sucked, you gigantic faggot.
>>
>>78418949
Zero.
>>
>>78418798

she's a lazy slag who's never had to work a day in her life.
>>
File: 1428208412896.jpg (189KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1428208412896.jpg
189KB, 1920x1080px
>>78418949
>doesn't find this particular woman attractive
>'I'm gonna attack you and call you names for having opinions different from me!'

Did I mistakenly click on the Crybaby General?
>>
File: how to make pablo cry.png (26KB, 706x216px) Image search: [Google]
how to make pablo cry.png
26KB, 706x216px
>>78418941
>Wookie
Bro... bro.
>>
>>78419001
Because you're out there changing hearts and minds, fag.
>>
File: wake me up.jpg (28KB, 269x321px) Image search: [Google]
wake me up.jpg
28KB, 269x321px
>>78419033
>>
>>78419035

I'm pursuing a Phd degree, actually.
>>
>>78419033
Do people misspell Lucasfilm a lot?
>>
>>78419052
Yes, though what I see more often is people calling it Lucasarts, not realizing that Lucasarts is (or was anyway) the video game division.
>>
>>78419050
>I'm projecting because I wasted all this money on a career that is nothing but research.
>>
>>78418820
preferences probably
>>
File: nUU5LBb - Imgur.png (47KB, 695x131px) Image search: [Google]
nUU5LBb - Imgur.png
47KB, 695x131px
I want this to happen more than anything
>>
>>78410215
It would be kind of hilarious if the twins end up as having different fathers, and then have to take it to Space Maury to find out which is the father of which baby.
>>
are the new comics generally good?
>>
File: HAYDEN-1.jpg (75KB, 1132x849px) Image search: [Google]
HAYDEN-1.jpg
75KB, 1132x849px
http://makingstarwars.net/2015/12/the-force-ghost-of-anakin-skywalker-was-proposed-to-be-in-the-force-awakens/

>Anakin's ghost was originally planned to appear in TFA.
>Rumors of Hayden Christensen being trained for some role in Episode 8
>>
File: HAYDEN-2.jpg (42KB, 1132x849px) Image search: [Google]
HAYDEN-2.jpg
42KB, 1132x849px
>>78419289
Thoughts?
>>
>>78419275
I think so, yeah
>>
>>78419275
Yes, I've enjoyed them, but the best ones are Kanan, which is still ongoing and Lando, which ended in five issues. The artwork is superb and the writing is pretty good and engaging.
>>
>>78419289
>>78419293
Whoa....
>>
>>78419293
>>78419289
that'd be rad
hes a character who would be the best shoulder angel for Ren
just going "you have no idea how much youre fucking up"
>>
NEW THREAD:
>>78419351
>>78419351
>>78419351
>>
>>78419293
Yoda had to acknowledge his own Dark Side in order to pass one of the tests to prove his worthiness to even become a ghost.
>>
>>78419275
Not really.
>>
>>78419360
These are not people who are completely familiar with the new material
Thread posts: 586
Thread images: 111

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.