[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hot choco, everyone! Hope it's not too... late!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: 150px-Hot_Choco.png (30KB, 150x232px) Image search: [Google]
150px-Hot_Choco.png
30KB, 150x232px
Hot choco, everyone! Hope it's not too... late!
>>
File: image.png (39KB, 180x340px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
39KB, 180x340px
>>78404370
Thanks, Strong Bad! What a wonderful byproduct of your parole!
>>
>>78404370
>Tfw no Christmas toon this year
At least we've had more Homestar content this year than we usually do.
>>
File: 140px-theworm2[1].png (15KB, 140x166px) Image search: [Google]
140px-theworm2[1].png
15KB, 140x166px
>>78405713
ees a miracoo
>>
http://www.homestarrunner.com/xmas04.html

Still a classic.
>>
Best Decemberween toon coming through!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9X3O3Bg06g
>>
File: 150px-strongmad_xmas10.png (17KB, 150x122px) Image search: [Google]
150px-strongmad_xmas10.png
17KB, 150x122px
>>78404370
The 50's!
>>
How much has H*R influenced cartoons?
>>
>>78406580
it's hard to say. it has sure as fuck influenced me. and I feel a LOT of chapmanish humor in the 2010-present era of cartoons. I know the bros have a lot of friends at CN and disney, and matt has even worked on some shows, but even the ones he hasn't sure feel like they're up the homestar-alley.

that said, I think it's probably part of a larger thing. It's plain to see that homestar was HEAVILY influenced by space ghost coast 2 coast, and even moreso Cartoon Planet, which started airing on TBS before homestar was born and before cartoon network was much of a thing yet. I bet anything the bros enjoyed watching it and got some influence, because you can really hear it and even see it in places. Then again, williams street are from atlanta, so that might just be sort of a common zeitgeist thing
>>
File: 1427775571342.jpg (46KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1427775571342.jpg
46KB, 700x525px
>tfw you will never be creative as the chap brothers
>>
We're never going to get a new Decemberween cartoon ever again, are we?
>>
>>78406580
Supposedly (if the Wiki is to be believed), Homsar influenced the creation of a character named Sussie in The Amazing World of Gumball.

I'd imagine to see more influences in the coming years as people who grew up watching HsR become animators and writers.

As the other Anon said, it tends to influence the people that watch it a lot. Quotes sort of sneak into your vocabulary and pop up at weird times.
>>
>>78406750
Iktf
>>
>>78406703
I remember when I first discovered Homestar back in 2002 (Jesus, it's dawning on me now how long ago that was), I thought Homestar's voice sounded suspiciously like Brak.
>>
>>78406750
I like to think that, on a good day, I am. I've absorbed a lot of their wordplay and once in a while I do pretty clever things. I just need to get off my ass and start utilizing my vocal skills instead of just doing comics. Even a slideshow video would be enough to showcase some funny jokes
>>
>>78406838
there have been a few cameos I know that. There was a homestar Bloo in that one episode

I don't think Sussie is based on Homsar though, that basic way of talking goes WAY back, at least to Mo-ron/Bo-ron from Freakazoid
>>
>>78406888
and strong bad's mask kinda looks like him too right?
apparently andy merrill was doing that voice YEARS before brak but he just forgot. someone showed him an old tape and he couldnt believe it.
>>78407277
>>78406838
she doesn't sound like homsar at all, and certainly the chin puppet thing is as old as fuck
>>
File: Oh holy crap.png (45KB, 823x599px) Image search: [Google]
Oh holy crap.png
45KB, 823x599px
The early web 2.0 days sure were interesting.

The little outro song that plays at the end of this cartoon on a loop always makes me feel nostalgic.
>>
>>78406703
>both Homestar and Williams Street came out of Atlanta in the late 90s

The hell was going on there?
>>
>>78407334
>>78407277
Not her sound, but her manner of speech, and the fact that everything she says tend to make no sense.
>>
>>78407402
right? it's eerie. Though really, these things DO tend to happen in clusters. Most of the big trends in entertainment derive from things like improv clubs or a bunch of directors or animators or actors who made friends in college and graduated together.
>>
>>78407423
As the shrub said to the biscuit tin, that's a stretch
>>
Decemberween, Decemberween! It's fifty-five days after Halloween!
>>
http://www.homestarrunner.com/dethemberween.html

Yeah... shut up, kid!
>>
>>78407846
>hmm maybe not better than Debra
>oooh, Debra..
>>
>>78407610
Coach Z's been drinking Listerine
>>
>>78409003
Coah Z's been drinking nonspecific mouthwasherine

THat video was a complete usenado of my five minutesonsoon.
>>
>>78406356
>those 4 years where the last thing in a Homestar cartoon was homsar slowly dying

So glad it's come back
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.