[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if you didn't shed a tear during this you are no man

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: the-good-dinosaur-pixar.jpg (153KB, 1024x552px) Image search: [Google]
the-good-dinosaur-pixar.jpg
153KB, 1024x552px
if you didn't shed a tear during this you are no man
>>
>>78401747
oh, come on, man, it was bad but not bad enough to get you crying.
>>
I didn't even bother to see it, the plot sounded lame as fuck.

But enjoy your little bitch tears, OP.
>>
It didn't devote enough time to liking the dad to miss him.
The plot is kickstarted off by him getting frustrated with Arlo for not being right.
>>
The only part of the movie that got me was when at the end he comes back onto the family property and the mom calls out her husband's name,"Hank?"

Other than that it was ass. They should have at least played up the whole "fear" theme more.
>>
I did tear up when spot found a family
>>
>>78401924
Nah, the sad part was when Arlo drew a circle around Spot and the other humans.
>>
>>78401747
If you didn't spend a dime on this flick then you are a man
>>
I cry at EVERYTHING, but I was too busy being annoyed at how terrible this movie was to get involved.

>yfw you realize Pixar has been reusing the same theme in some variation for most of their movies
>"creature gets swept away from [home/family/friends] and has to embark on a journey to return."
>>
File: chloe bare bears.jpg (22KB, 313x258px) Image search: [Google]
chloe bare bears.jpg
22KB, 313x258px
>>78401987
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=hero%27s+journey
>>
>>78401987
>with a companion that he or she thinks is annoying but end being good friends or something.
>>
>>78402009
You know a LOT of movie's don't follow that right?
>>
>>78402009

how would i have googled a term i hadn't heard of yet?

or were you using lmgtfy in a way that doesn't have you acting like a total dick?

if so thank you anon. i appreciate it.
>>
>>78401987
It usually works cause the characters are that charming

Compare Arlo and Spot to Woody and Buzz, or Mike and Sully
>>
>>78402030

There's "it works" and then there's "out of the box, unique concept that blows my mind" that I really hope to see from Pixar's output.

After Inside Out, I was really hoping The Good Dinosaur would follow in its footsteps. "What if the asteroid missed the Earth?" Sure, sure, good start! But then that happens, and the other 99% of the movie is Finding Nemo or Happy Feet, but dinosaur themed. The crazy Pixar twist doesn't actually impact the film in any meaningful way, other than talking dinosaurs and humans that act like dogs.

Just "working" isn't good enough for a Pixar movie.
>>
File: 450px-Abuse_hand_original.jpg (12KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
450px-Abuse_hand_original.jpg
12KB, 450x600px
That seems familiar...
>>
>>78401747
A glib facsimile of a story we've seen a million times before. Also the dinosaur designs looked terrible, no idea what Pixar was thinking. Too dark and boring for children, too simplistic and safe for adults. Cool environments and weather effects though. This movie is essentially a glorified tech demo.
>>
>>78401747
I wish I could slap every person involved with this waste of a movie.
>>
>>78401747
I shed a tear for the wasted potential alright.
>>
>>78401747
>Land Before Time and Ice Age 1 having a baby
>Making me cry
Unless you're implying the movie bored you to tears.
>>
>>78402072
>After Inside Out
How curious that you say that, because The Good Dinosaur was meant to come BEFORE Inside-Out.
>>
>>78401747
lost my dad so this hit a little hard
>>
>>78401747
I kind of enjoyed the movie, but there's nothing to cry about
>>
>>78405596
I like it too, don't know why it gets hate tho.
>>
>>78401747
I cried because guessing probable render times
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.