[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a beeper?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: Big Bob.jpg (24KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
Big Bob.jpg
24KB, 500x284px
What's a beeper?
>>
>>78401166
not much, how about you?
>>
>>78401166
A buzzer.
>>
Beeper? I hardly know her!

>>78401181
No a buzzer is a dildo
>>
>>78401166
Nice dub dubs.
>>
>>78401166
Dubs for the beeper king!
>>
File: シーアイエー.png (294KB, 474x387px) Image search: [Google]
シーアイエー.png
294KB, 474x387px
YOU'RE A BIG BOB
>>
>>78401166

A great invention! A small device that sits in your pocket beeps and shows you when people want to call you so you can then find the next phone or note it until you get back to yours and call them! Amazing!
>>
>>78401166
They did this on purpose, right? They made Bob a "tycoon" who thinks he's on top of the world when in a year or two he's gonna be completely obsolete?
>>
>>78401908
Cellphones still weren't all that common then, so no.
>>
>>78401785
4 u

So did he go bankrupt when cell phones became a thing? I feel like he wouldn't adapt well and that he would think they were a gimmick
>>
>>78401908
Depends maybe the Beepers were legitimately big when the character was designed, though Bob always did seem a bit big for his britches. He had money but it was just one store. However I think word of god confirms that Bob doesn't just switches product focus to Cellphones/other electronics.
Though I'd imagine Bob cries over the loss of alliteration every night.
>>
>>78401908

NONSENSE! Why would beepers ever become obsolete? Stupid I tellyou. Kids these days...
>>
>>78401936
He probably works at a verizon wireless somewhere as a manager, but he's no tycoon and he's probably living with far less income then he had before.

Luckily by the time Cell Phones became a thing Helga would have been old enough to get a job.
>>
>>78401166
Beepers still have their uses in hospital and certain construction settings, maybe with the connections he built up he could survive the transition to mobile phones? Although personally I can't see him not recognizing a change in the market and using his assets to change his business model.
>>
File: 1450220045498.jpg (124KB, 600x801px) Image search: [Google]
1450220045498.jpg
124KB, 600x801px
>yfw Big Bob is the Lex Luthor of the Hey Arnold universe
>>
>>78401166
I was born in 1997, what is this show?
>>
>>78401979
Yep. They're even more expensive now than they used to be since they're now a niche product used where cell phones interfere with electronics or where guarantied reception and reliability are requirements. Plus they're becoming a popular replacement for the "take a number" waiting lists.

He'd need an office instead of a store since his clients would be government, emergency services or large stores.
>>
>>78402029
A show about beeper advertisements.
>>
>>78402067

Also some kind of family drama with the guy and his drinking wife and the no so good relationship to his daughter.
But mostly beepers.
>>
>>78401908
Bob sold cell phones, too.

In "The Beeper Queen," Miriam brags about getting a triple order of beepers from Bumniac and Krapowski of Buffalo, then says that she's meeting them tomorrow to show them the store's cell phone selection.

Besides, doctors still use beepers because it allows them to be contacted in hospitals without having a transmitter on them that can interfere with sensitive medical equipment. After all, it is just a receiver.
>>
>>78402273
Don't forget the overachieving daughter who was never around for some reason. Maybe she studied beepers in college?
>>
>>78402657
Most likely pursuing an elementary education degree at the time. Remember she was a student teacher at PS118 for a bit.

I suspect Olga's major skipped around a bit - she strikes me as having a bit of "professional student" in her blood.
>>
>mfw according to Hey Arnold the key to not getting beat up is to act crazy
>>
How does it feel knowing that Helga's entire family is homeless now, and probably freezing in some dirty new york back alley right now?
>>
>>78401945
I dunno. Cellphones beep. Why change the name?
>>
>>78401166

Beeper are shit! Get with the times old timer! Get a Samson smart phone instead!
>>
>>78403809
Nah like others have pointed out. Beepers are still in use and he could have transition to cellphones.
>>
>>78404523
The name's alliterative. "Big Bob's Beepers" just rolls off the tongue.

Assuming one of the girls (or even Miriam) takes over when Bob has a real heart attack they'll rename it to "Pataki Electronics" or some modern-sounding garbage name like most cell companies use these days.
>>
Things that doctors above a certain age use as an excuse to not turn their cell phones on.
>>
>>78405141
Could just keep the legacy
>>
>mfw Big Bob tries to get with the times and opens a Radioshack franchise
>>
>>78403638
That generally works when you're white in a poor black community. Crazy white guys are essentially the only people they're afraid to fuck with.
>>
>>78405141
I assumed they'd keep the name, but abbreviate it to "Triple B" or something. A lot of legacy brands do that the original name no longer applies.
>>
I thought he sold universal remotes. I could have sword that's what was depicted on the parade float he made.
>>
>>78405167
"Big Bob's Beepers AND MORE!"

I weep for the future.

>>78405266
"Triple-B" gets them sued by the Better Business Bureau, so they switch to "3B Communications" or the like. That's the modern-sounding garbage name that I fear in their future.
>>
>>78401772
that's not how you get dubs, this is how 3
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.